APlace2Rest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Law and Grace

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Law and Grace Empty Law and Grace Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.
Admin

Law and Grace

Forgiveness or Unforgiveness

We know that there are two covenants, the Covenant of Law and the Covenant of Grace. But have we ever made the connection of the two covenants to the Spirit of Forgiveness and the spirit of unforgiveness?

Here is something to think about for a few minutes.

If the law is obeyed, there is no need for a “forgiving” Spirit to even exist, and that is because there is nothing “to be forgiven” of … if the law is not broken.

NOW HERE’S THE KICKER: the same holds true for an “unforgiving” spirit.

If the law is obeyed, there is no need for an “unforgiving” spirit to even exist, and that is because there is nothing “to be unforgiving” of … if the law is not broken.

Do we even understand that there is only ONE reason both spirits exist? That the only reason both spirits exist is because “the law has been broken”.

We should already have the knowledge and understanding of “obedience” and “disobedience”; what I mean by that is:

That “to obey” the law means “to not break” the law (obedience)
AND
That “to break” the law means “to not obey” the law (disobedience)

And, with all of this, do we understand that when the law is obeyed, nothing will happen, that someone cannot “forgive you” or “not forgive you” as long as the law is obeyed? It is only when the law is not obeyed (broken) that someone can or will “forgive you” or “not forgive you”.

And, have we come to understand that it is when the law is broken (not obeyed), that we ourselves can and will make the choice “to forgive” or “not to forgive”, and by that choice, of what kind of spirit do we become when the law is not obeyed?

Do we become a “forgiving” Spirit when it is broken?
OR
Do we become an “unforgiving” spirit when it is broken?

If there is one thing that stands out in what I have come to understand through my studies of the Bible, God is all about restoring “relationship”. Do we not believe that this is true, since everything God does is to restore man’s relationship to Himself? So, the question that begs to be asked is this:

Is it an act of “forgiveness” that will start the healing process of a relationship?
OR
Is it an act of “unforgiveness” that will start the healing process of a relationship?

I myself see that “unforgiveness” starts or continues the process of the destruction of a relationship.

Is this not what we are to come to understand through the cross? That by God forgiving us of our sins, forgiving us of our breaking of the law, He is the first one that did something to restore the relationship between Himself and mankind? And if we are to be created into His image, are we not to do the same?

If “forgiveness” can be a cause of the restoration of a relationship
AND
If “unforgiveness” can be a cause of the destruction of a relationship

What is it that we have to accept first from God, is it actually His forgiveness or is it this truth of:

What the “Spirit of forgiveness” does?
AND
What the “spirit of unforgiveness” does?

Do we build (build relationships) with forgiveness?
OR
Do we destroy (destroy relationships) with unforgiveness?

Are not relationships built with forgiveness, along with the giving of the teaching of what was done wrong?
AND
Are not relationships destroyed with unforgiveness, along with the withholding of the teaching of what was done wrong?

In simple words, if someone does something we don't like and hold it against them without telling that person they did something wrong against us, would that not cause a separation in a relationship?

Do we understand that this is why God had to give us His law, to understand what is right and what is wrong, that He will not keep anything hidden from us?

Do we see this in ourselves, in our own minds and hearts? Does the mind of law, which can give birth to an “unforgiving spirit” in the heart overpower the “forgiving Spirit” of the heart and lock it up, only to let Him out to those who are closet to us? Has the “unforgiving spirit” become stronger than the “forgiving spirit” in us? Does not the strong man have to be bound first?

What benefit is it to us or even the rest of the world if we only forgive those we choose to, those closet to us or those we believe have earned it? Is that not the way of the majority of the people in this world?

I myself view this mindset of:
only “forgiving some” as the broad way of the people in this world. (The way of the majority, the road that many take).
AND
I myself view the mindset of:
“forgiving all” is the narrow way of the people in this world. (The way of the few, the road that few take).

A question that comes to mind with this is: Is this “unforgiving spirit” in us, a spirit of darkness? And if it is a “spirit of darkness”, does it stand between us and God, keeping us from seeing God for who He truly is: A perfect God of forgiveness? Can it be compared to the veil between the inner court and the Holy of Holies? Is “it (the spirit of darkness)” the veil that keeps us from seeing into the Holy of Holies, keeping us from seeing the true nature of God, the nature of forgiveness? I myself believe that Jesus was to be, is, and always will be the first FORGIVING SPIRIT to be raised from the dead and will remain alive forever. So, I ask; Has He been raised from the dead in us?

Do we even understand this way of thinking in its fullness when God Himself says, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” (Jerimiah 31:34), being quoted twice by the New Testament author of Hebrews:

“For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.” (8:12)

“And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.” (10:17).

What I believe is the most misunderstood thing about the mind of man is; he has a very hard time separating sin from the man in his own mind, that sin and man are one in the same. What I mean by this is: if we understand them as one, then it is easy to say, to destroy an evil man … will … at the same time … destroy the sin in him.

But I believe our heavenly Father thinks differently, He is able to separate the man from the sin that is in him in His own mind. Just as we can separate the understanding of “what is of the flesh” and “what is of the spirit” in our own mind, can we not separate “the sin of the flesh” from “the spirit of the man”?

And by this we can see:
God will show mercy to the spirit of man
While at the same time
God will show no mercy to the sin in the man

This is what I believe when it comes to the understanding of the Covenant of Law and the Covenant of Grace working together as one.

By law, God will destroy the sin IN the man thereby saving the man and by this action of God, it in itself IS the grace of God and He will do this for all mankind, and this I fully believe IS:

THE GOOD NEWS (THE GOSPEL) FOR ALL OF MANKIND

As for us:
Are we strictly of our own understanding of LAW and GRACE, that the man who disobeys the law will be destroyed and the man that obeys the law will be shown grace?
OR
Are we strictly of what I believe is God’s understanding of LAW and GRACE, that God Himself will obey His own law and we fully believe what He stated in the beginning “Let us make man into our image”?

And what I believe is: the image He is creating us into is, "A PERSON OF GRACE"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum