APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trials and perseverence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:20 am

Ebot76

James 1:2-4
What does it mean to you?

Last edited by Ebot76 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ? Spelling)

2 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:59 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Brooke,

Nice to see you posting. Trials and temptations, are faith producers IMO, that is if we have the right perspective in viewing them. It's not for God to know where your at, He already knows, it is us who need to know and grow.

And understanding, that what is happening to me is for my benefit is key. All things work together for good, to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

There is no greater time in our walk with Him, to come to know Him more, than when the whole world seems to be closing in on us. For in our weakness, He is Magnified.

I think sometimes when these things come our way, there is One Big thing we fail to recognize especially with those who are young in The Lord. That the things that they are experiencing is no longer their life, But the Life of Christ is what their experiencing, it's unfolding within you, so that you come to KNOW HIM and what He did for you, how He overcame, and How He maintained His Peace through it all. But usually when bad times come, the only focus, is me, me, me, it's all me, and we miss, sharing in the fellowship of His sufferings, and end up being pitiful witnesses. But God will not leave us there, He will do whatever it takes for us to grow and come to know Him and what He does has Purpose for us, and our Relationship with Him.

There Truly is a Fellowship in His Sufferings, if we recognize it as such. This is also how we come 2 Rest in Him. It is no longer "I" who live, but Christ in me.

I took the scriptures you listed from the Message bible, hope it helps.

The Message Bible

2 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. 3 You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. 4 So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. 5 If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it.

Blessings

Seems to me, using past failures is the Seeds for tomorrow's defeats, and is a poor waste of The Garden of Life that God has given us. Very Happy
~John-Boy Walton~

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm

LindaY

It's not for God to know where your at, He already knows, it is us who need to know and grow.

This reminds me of what my mom used to tell me when I was young and would get leg cramps all the time. She called them "growing pains". I'm not sure if that was accurate in the literal but, it does make sense to me now. Shocked

4 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yeah, I remember them too, very uncomfortable, ....Oh wow, something just hit me when I was thinking about that.

They usually came at "NIGHT" under the cover of Darkness, and Usually when we were trying to "SLEEP". I wonder if that is a coincident?

But you are right Linda it's all about our growth in Him.
The Light is best seen in the Darkness.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

5 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 pm

LindaY

Smile

6 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Ebot76

Good advice, especially about the me, me, me part. It is to easy to get caught up in emotions from circumstances. Maybe sometimes it's best just to ignore it until He opens a door (or closes one, whichever the case may be.)
I was skimming through a book the other day that was talking about the seasons of love and how winter was a time where you don't get your happiness from your loved one. Instead it's a time of inner reflection.
Perhaps trials are like this too except for you should experience spiritual winter with God. Seems person to person relationship doesn't help in this case.

7 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 am

cross-eyed

This leads into something I found myself in a while back that kind of took me by surprise. And that is, we've all heard the cliche that you have to be careful what you pray for. It's true beyond our immediate understanding for sure. I think we assess God answering our requests in the same way a parent would do for their child that they love and cherish. When the child asks for something that the parent thinks they're not mature enough to handle, the parent will resist giving the child their wish.

But strangely enough, God doesn't always work that way. God often times will answer our prayers even though it may not always be the best answer for us SHORT TERM. . . take the children of Israel who craved for quail . . .they had manna, but they craved quail. The Hebrew word for that is actually "flesh". We all have access to the spiritual manna, but our beastly nature still craves flesh and we'll beg and begl for it to the point where God responds by giving us exactly what we crave, only to find what we wanted became more of a curse to us than a comfort. Look at how it went for the Israelites once the quail flew in their camp . . . thousands died right there on the spot.

When I was in the church, I'd see how quickly someone would ask for prayer the minute they experienced any discomfort in their life . . .this isn't about sicknesses by the way, I believe that's a whole other apple cart. But I mean if they've had a bad week at work, home or whereever and they immediately walk in a "victim" mentality. Instead of praying for their delivery from their experience, my prayer over them would be for strength to carry them through it.

To many times people who have been placed in God's oven for some quality time, pray for the relief of the heat, not realizing they're in those circumstances for their own maturity, and to many times, God, in his love and grace, let's them out because of all of the prayers on their behalf by saints who've responded to the current state of where they are and the result is you end up with a lot of half-baked people wandering because they haven't fully developed into their identity yet . . .oven time is necessary, even though it's not very fun to go through.

Just something to think about is all.

8 Re: Trials and perseverence on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:This leads into something I found myself in a while back that kind of took me by surprise. And that is, we've all heard the cliche that you have to be careful what you pray for. It's true beyond our immediate understanding for sure. I think we assess God answering our requests in the same way a parent would do for their child that they love and cherish. When the child asks for something that the parent thinks they're not mature enough to handle, the parent will resist giving the child their wish.

But strangely enough, God doesn't always work that way. God often times will answer our prayers even though it may not always be the best answer for us SHORT TERM. . . take the children of Israel who craved for quail . . .they had manna, but they craved quail. The Hebrew word for that is actually "flesh". We all have access to the spiritual manna, but our beastly nature still craves flesh and we'll beg and begl for it to the point where God responds by giving us exactly what we crave, only to find what we wanted became more of a curse to us than a comfort. Look at how it went for the Israelites once the quail flew in their camp . . . thousands died right there on the spot.

When I was in the church, I'd see how quickly someone would ask for prayer the minute they experienced any discomfort in their life . . .this isn't about sicknesses by the way, I believe that's a whole other apple cart. But I mean if they've had a bad week at work, home or whereever and they immediately walk in a "victim" mentality. Instead of praying for their delivery from their experience, my prayer over them would be for strength to carry them through it.

To many times people who have been placed in God's oven for some quality time, pray for the relief of the heat, not realizing they're in those circumstances for their own maturity, and to many times, God, in his love and grace, let's them out because of all of the prayers on their behalf by saints who've responded to the current state of where they are and the result is you end up with a lot of half-baked people wandering because they haven't fully developed into their identity yet . . .oven time is necessary, even though it's not very fun to go through.

Just something to think about is all.

The dough is not complete until it is baked

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

9 Re: Trials and perseverence on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm

todosan

Brooke,

When God chooses a person, He becomes wildly jealous over that person. Often things do not make sense. We seem to go through some really intense trials when we first respond.

I had a terrible experience in college and that is what started me to think about God on a daily basis. I was walking around just praising God for birds and grass and feeling really wonderful that He had come to me. Then almost immediately I found a tumor. This really challenged my thinking, because I couldn’t believe this was happening to me AFTER I “got saved”.

Well, it was serious. Fatal if not treated immediately. I went to the doctor and they admitted me to the hospital immediately. It really freaked me out. In the hospital He visited me in a very powerful way. After the two surgeries, I was feeling a bit beat down. I couldn’t understand why this was all happening AFTER I gave my life to Him. His presence came and I just knew I was well. I was healed in a such a way that I got up and walked out.. It has been 26 years. No treatments and no chemo, which was basically mandatory at that time.

Through the fire has more value than avoiding the fire. Those things become our treasures, but almost never are they things we choose for ourselves. This is how steadfastness is built. Look deep inside yourself and you will identify something that says “I want nothing other than God’s best.” Then you will know that no matter what the circumstance is, you will stand where others do not.

10 RE: TRIALS & PERSERVERANCE on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 pm

ednamarie

THE DOUGH ISNT FINISHED TILL ITS BAKED , GOOD ANALOGY. DOUGH HAS TO BE KNEADED REAL GOOD THEN COVERED , & LEFT TO RISE . THEN KNEADED AGAIN THOROUGHLY ,COVERED & LEFT TO RISE AGAIN BEFORE BEING BAKED . HAVE YOU EVER STUDIED THE WAY TO MAKE POTTERY FROM CLAY .TRY DOING A STUDY ON IT LIKE I DID . I GOOGLED ( HOW TO MAKE POTTERY ) CHECKED ONTO THE FIRST ONE AT THE TOP ....................OUT OF THE FIRE PRESENTS,,,,,,,, HOW TO MAKE POTTERY,,, A STEP BY STEP LOOK AT POTTERY MAKING IN A SMALL PRODUCTION POTTERY STUDIO....WHEEL THROWING ,, GLAZING,,& FIRING..... GOD IS THE POTTER ,WE ARE THE POTTERY , MADE & MOLDED INTO WHATEVER VESSEL HE CHOOSES TO MAKE US INTO , GIVING US EACH DIFFERENT GIFTS ACCORDING TO HIS WILL. SEEING AS THE WORD SO OFTEN USES THIS POTTER & POTTERY ANALOGY I WAS CURIOUS AS TO WHAT ALL GOES INTO THE MAKING OF POTTERY . I ALLREADY KNEW THE BASICS , BUT KNEW THERE HAD TO BE MORE TO IT . WHEN I READ IT I WAS WOW ,WOW ,WOW . I CAN REALLY RELATE TO THE UNDERSTANDING I ALLREADY HAD FROM DOING THE STUDY I DID YRS AGO ON FIRE, SALT & BRIMSTONE .( SALT, FIRE, )(BRIMSTONE_SULFUR ) ALL PURIFYING AGENTS.NOW BEING PUT THRU THE FIRE HAS TAKEN ON EVEN MORE MEANING THAN EVER . I FOR ONE WILL CONTINUE TO BE GRATEFUL FOR THE FIREY TRIALS . JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT . MANY BLESSINGS TO ALL , WITH LOVE EDNA I love you

http://daddyswolfangel@yahoo.com

11 Re: Trials and perseverence on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:32 pm

cross-eyed

Yeah, this is what led me into understanding that hell is not a place of eternal torment . . the lake of fire is not a place of eternal damnation . . .it's all God's process of bringing us, his kids, to a place of purification so that we can enter into his kingdom. Hell on earth, who'd a thunk that "that's" actually a truth and not a vulgar remark!

I never could understand how God would require us to love our enemies if he was going to destroy all of his. Granted, his thoughts aren't our thoughts, but he went a long way to take on our burdens . . .nothing he's asked us to do that he didn't and wouldn't do himself. So why the double standard with loving our enemies?

I had to leave the church to fully embrace this.

12 Re: Trials and perseverence on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 pm

todosan

Nathan,

you had to leave the church because I prophesied to you that there would come a day if you kept revelating, the religious spirits there would give you the right boot of fellowship !!! LOL

But more seriously, if you take away their hell, you take away their ability to sit on the judgment seat. That will get you run out of town every time

13 RE:trials and perserverance on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:19 pm

ednamarie

yes i totally agree . and i also took a lot away from the table in reference to the potter & the pottery . speaking in terms of trials & purification ect . we go thru the developemental stage of being molded of the clay( spun on the wheel & tossed & molded) into the vessel he decides to form us into .then put into the kiln & fired then left to cool down slowly.. then glazed & areas not to stick to the kiln are waxed, & then fired in the kiln again. to me this is like what we go through in our lives when we re facing our trials ,or even sharing in his sufferings, crucification . its also representative of the purification process . being put thru the fire ect .i have more thoughts on this but id like to wait to hear from others as well. i really love reading ya lls thoughts on things as well . i am here to learn , if anything i say helps great but i truly want to absorb everything i can as well . i cant Quote scripture as ya ll can or say where a particular scripture is but i do believe i ve come a good distance in understanding although you can never absorb enough. i feel like a sponge trying to soak up as much as i can .then i step back & try to study , meditate on it all . ...many blessing love edna I love you

http://daddyswolfangel@yahoo.com

14 Re: Trials and perseverence on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Ebot76

Thanks for your input and sorry it took me so long to reply (lost my password)....Anyway, I agree with the comments...and I guess I am getting what I prayed for, just not how I expected it...And, I think I was wrong about the person to person relationship thing....I NEED it...hard to admit, but I do. It would be great if I was at the point that I could get everything "divinely" and my relationship with Him was enough. But maybe it's like any other relationship, it must be build. It grows from start to finish....
Sometimes I think people talk about it like a light switch....One day I had no relationship and the next day I did. Well, ok, but the first day relationship isn't as strong as the one that's been through years, is it?

I got to meet some really good people last week and that did help. My mind was telling me don't go...you don't know these people, you're intruding, you're going to feel uncomfortable and out of place. But my "man" said "Go". And, so I did, trying to put that pesky "Woman" to silence in my head about all my doubts. I was glad I did.

They gave me a book "The Story", which I've started to read. That's helping too. Good so far and much easier to read than straight scripture for the beginner...

I probably just haven't read far enough, but the part about Abraham's first son from the servant....I don't understand why he (and his mother) was sent away. Did I miss something there? It seems that Hagar didn't do anything wrong...she served in the way that Abram (and Sarai, for that matter) asked her to. As a result Ishmael came along.....so it seems like when they are sent away, they are in a way being punished or osterisized.....seems out of character that God would do this. If I were in their shoes, I'd feel resentful...just being honest....

Maybe I need to re-read it tonight. Let me know your thoughts....

15 Re: Trials and perseverence on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Brooke, I'm not going to pretend any kind of sophisticated understanding of this, but what I do understand is that Egypt, or the flesh, had to be expelled to make the way clear for Israel, or the son of promise. It didn't seem fair to the princess I am sure, but justice is on a higher plane than what each individual involved can perceive.

Remember what God told Abraham after he offered up his son as a sacrifice?

Then the Angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, and said: "By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
(Gen 22:15-18 NKJV)

Now there is justice! If, according to God's perfect plan, all nations and peoples are to enjoy the fruit of righteousness, and that--in the end--they all find they have benefited from the temporary casting out of the bondswoman and her son, won't they all--even Egypt--be glad that it went down just exactly the way it did?

And another good reason to treat everyone with Love! For we are Israel, and it is through us that He is administering that blessing!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum