APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

the bridegroom and the bride

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 am

Scherryl wrote:Nathan, please check out the word East, Eastward, East wind etc. in Scripture you will find that it is not good. It is usually a dry hot wind. It is Egypt, etc. etc.

Again Eastward or the East as relating to the Resurrection is another one of those things that we have been hearing all our lives. But where is it in Scripture?

Mat_24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Those that are redeemed or being redeemed are always coming "from" or "coming out of" the East. Another words they are departing from it.

I think that it may be a double meaning. I looked up the word eastward, H6924 and its translated as ancient, or eternal! Also the sun Rises from the East, and in Ezekiel we see the glory of the Lord coming from the East. Egypt is Southwest of Israel, and if Moses was in the wilderness when he wrote Gen, East would be Israel, and Lebanon the garden of God, in Eze 31, which btw is where Mt. Hermon is... just sayin Smile And so I can see the East being the "good direction", the place where God dwells.

But on the other hand there is the meaning of harshness and they were expelled from the garden to the east, the land of Nod. Golgotha is exactly on the edge of the camp to the east on Mt. Olives. But was that a "bad" place? yes and no.

77 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 am

cross-eyed

The tabernacle had one gate . . .the East gate. The garden of Eden had one gate, the East gate . . . the fact that every day, LITERALLY the sun rises . . .ascends . . .resurrects . . .in the east. For me, if there's any judgment, dryness or what have you that's coming from the east, it's not against man, it's against the man in men. At least that's what I'm referencing when I use the allegory of things pertaining to the east. Very Happy

78 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Well, that is true Nathan and Jeremy, it can be death to the old man, which is good, and life to the new, which is still good.

I guess I had always referenced the East with the plagues in Egypt, it is associated with Famine, Locust, the drying of the waters, etc, etc. But we know that to those who Love Him and are called according to His purpose, it's all good.

After all is said and done, God's people were released from bondage. So in that sense you could possibly see it as a resurrection of sorts for sure.

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

79 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 pm

cross-eyed

When the locusts came in from the east . . ."we" see that as a plague . . .but what was it's purpose? The plagues of Egypt were not against the children of Israel, it was against those who held them in bondage. It was just one of the ten steps God took to bringing down the Egyptian religious system that the Israelites were bound under. In all truth, the process was to bring freedom . . .liberation . . .the beginning of a journey into a land where they could establish their own identity with God.

80 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
A couple of things I would like to say, first of all, if you keep going west you eventually will get back to the east.

The other is this, it was a simple understanding actually, that each subsequent generation from the beginning until now has each been given more of the light of revelation and what happens is that each previous (older/wiser) generation does not think they can learn anything from the subsequent generation (new).

It is when they remain in their own knowledge of what has been revealed to them, they cannot move forward in the revelation that comes from each of the following generations.

It's no different that this forum, I am the newest member, if I do not think I can learn from any one of you guys, I begun stagnant, just as with you guys, if you do not think what I might have to say is not important than you can remain where you are.

We all know it is all of us working in unison, all of us trying to better understand not only the truth but each one of us as individuals, that not anything each of us has to say is more important or less important than anything else.

Last edited by jugghead on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

81 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 pm

LindaY

I deleted my post again. I can see now this was related to the 3rd day and not the 7th day. But, I have a question, on the 7th day are we to just stay in the garden eating only from the tree of life? This would be the end? I noticed after Noah came out of the ark, the ground was no longer cursed. I have more questions than I have answers for so, I'll just continue to remain silent for now and hope I get some answers for what it is I'm seeking. Crying or Very sad Question

82 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 pm

LindaY

jugghead wrote:A couple of things I would like to say, first of all, if you keep going west you eventually will get back to the east.

The other is this, it was a simple understanding actually, that each subsequent generation from the beginning until now has each been given more of the light of revelation and what happens is that each previous (older/wiser) generation does not think they can learn anything from the subsequent generation (new).

It is when they remain in their own knowledge of what has been revealed to them, they cannot move forward in the revelation that comes from each of the following generations.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable here Jugghead because I understand what you're saying, however, to lump all the older generation together is not a fair judgment. I find myself learning quite a bit from the younger generation. What I find hard to understand though is if we believe God is sovreign, which I personally do find that He is, how can one open their own eyes of understanding? I find that I have no power to do that on my own and the older I get the more I realize how Sovreign He is.

83 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
LindaY wrote:are we to just stay in the garden eating only from the tree of life? This would be the end?

In the words of Captain Piccard, (paraphrased) it is no longer the acquisition of wealth that drives us, it is the betterment of ourselves.

Which I see as a betterment of mankind as a whole working together for a common goal.

I see it as: we will be given the knowledge to advance, to explore the universe (the physical universe) in ways we never thought possible, that God first had to confine the sin of mankind into one place, the earth, and correct us in our way of thinking before we spread sin to the rest of the universe.

84 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
LindaY wrote:
jugghead wrote:A couple of things I would like to say, first of all, if you keep going west you eventually will get back to the east.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable here Jugghead because I understand what you're saying, however, to lump all the older generation together is not a fair judgment. I find myself learning quite a bit from the younger generation. What I find hard to understand though is if we believe God is sovreign, which I personally do find that He is, how can one open their own eyes of understanding? I find that I have no power to do that on my own and the older I get the more I realize how Sovreign He is.

I think it might have been misunderstood, I am not lumping them all together as one, what I am trying to say is that each one was a step closer to the whole truth, that each generation was each given a part and we advance by understanding what our children learn from the Father through revelation

85 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

LindaY

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Embarassed

86 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
LindaY wrote:I apologize for the misunderstanding. Embarassed

You were forgiven before you asked, by both of us (Christ and me)

87 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Jeremy1 wrote:And so I can see the East being the "good direction", the place where God dwells.

Is the East good or bad? It seems that most agree that it has been shown to be good in some cases. I, for one, am watching for “the kings of the East” to come and deliver us from our bondage in mystery babylon, much as Cyrus did for Israel when they were captive in Babylon.

88 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

Hibbs

Jugghead pointed out that if you travel far enough east that you find yourself in the west. It all depends upon your point of reference. It kind of reminds me of as far as the east is from the west...so far are your sins removed. When we see the circularity of God (i.e. we came from God and are returning unto God) our natural mind has no hope but to "go in circles". With the added points that Scherryl has raised, which Adam did we come from...or in fact was it both?? Since we are a spirit, with a soul living in a body, were we "created" a spirit??? or were we "formed" from the dust and made a living "soul"??? Are both "shadows" or "types" only precursors or prophetic of what God had purposed...from the beginning?? Is our destiny facing east or do we rest in the setting of the sun? Just a thought.

89 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 am

Jeremy1 wrote:And so I can see the East being the "good direction", the place where God dwells.

This is precisely the place where I was tempted to hijack this wonderful thread this morning. Instead, I put what I wanted to share here.

90 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Hibbs wrote:Jugghead pointed out that if you travel far enough east that you find yourself in the west. It all depends upon your point of reference. It kind of reminds me of as far as the east is from the west...so far are your sins removed. When we see the circularity of God (i.e. we came from God and are returning unto God) our natural mind has no hope but to "go in circles". With the added points that Scherryl has raised, which Adam did we come from...or in fact was it both?? Since we are a spirit, with a soul living in a body, were we "created" a spirit??? or were we "formed" from the dust and made a living "soul"??? Are both "shadows" or "types" only precursors or prophetic of what God had purposed...from the beginning?? Is our destiny facing east or do we rest in the setting of the sun? Just a thought.

Correction Hibbs, these were my words: if you keep going west you eventually will get back to the east.

What I meant by that is, what you said (what I highlighted),it is as if the earth was not spinning, we start in the east and start heading west, we started in the light (came from God) and by us heading west we travel into the darkness on the other side and then eventually come back into the light (returning unto God)

We go into darkness with what we first understand about light then by going completely through the darkness and understanding the darkness we are better equipped to understand the light we are now entering into, which is the same light, just better understood.

91 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:30 pm

jugghead wrote:We go into darkness with what we first understand about light then by going completely through the darkness and understanding the darkness we are better equipped to understand the light we are now entering into, which is the same light, just better understood.

Better understood, and better loved!

We love Him because He first loved us.
(1Jn 4:19 NKJV)

But,

Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little."
(Luk 7:47 NKJV)

How do we know light except by contrast with darkness?

There is a song I used to love way back when in my sunday-go-to-meeting days:

I want to praise You Lord
Much more than I do
I want to praise You Lord
Much more than I do
Learn to seek Your face
And the knowledge of Your grace
I want to praise You

The next verses are much the same, with the following substitutions:

I want to know You Lord...
I want to love You Lord...
I want to serve You Lord...

Can you see a progression here?

Praise--->know--->love--->serve

When we praise Him, He is near at hand. I thought there was a verse that said the Lord inhabits the praises of His people, but can't find it. We get to know Him better when we hold Him close. Of course, the better we know Him, the more we love Him, and the more we love Him the more we want to serve Him!

92 Bridegroom and Bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:25 am

Hibbs

Sorry about the wrong direction...but does it really matter when all is said and done? What if you stand still and the rotation of the earth, taking you west, brings you east? The more we "turn" things to look for truth, it seems like a set up to bring us back to "In the beginning, God." I appreciate what you were saying, however.

93 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm

I was speaking with an off-line brother the other day about this subject of veils and hymens, separating male and female, and how our old understanding of the sword of the Word "dividing the soul and spirit" might more aptly be translated "destroying the division between soul and spirit." This was all new to Ward, but in our talking about our wives, and how we have never gotten anywhere with them using logic and law and reason, and how were we to be able to touch them with our souls we might actually make some head-way, it all seemed to begin to gel. This is what we have both been missing.

Ward is another like myself who has seen total frustration in his economic and married life in the past years. For me, past years seems to mean my entire life, but Ward can highlight the last five years as pivotal in his own downfall. A big difference between him and me is that he seems a lot more at peace with his portion, like there is no impetus to seek improvement. He recommended an author who he felt shed more light on his spiritual walk than perhaps any other. I had never heard of Madame Guyon, but I just pulled her autobiography and this jumped out at me on the first page:

He destroys that he might build; for when He is about to rear His sacred temple in us, He first totally razes that vain and pompous edifice, which human art and power had erected, and from its horrible ruins a new structure is formed, by His power only.
Guyon 1648-1717, Jeanne Marie Bouvier de la Motte (2012-05-11). The Autobiography of Madame Guyon (p. 1). . Kindle Edition.

This is what He has taught me, all right. When it happens, there will be no cause for me to boast. Why then do I remain so anxious to see improvement?

94 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
David,
This is what He has taught me, all right. When it happens, there will be no cause for me to boast. Why then do I remain so anxious to see improvement?

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, if I find myself in an anxious place to see change or improvements, then my eyes are on me. What we really want David, "is to SEE HIM".

Can Scherryl be improved upon?
Can Scherryl be better?
Can Scherryl be more Righteous?
Can Scherryl be more Holy?

I always find that the answer to all of these things is NO.
But, I can live with me, if my focus is on His Life and not mine. Then His Life in me can come forth.

If He loves us and accepts us right where we are, why can't we? He loves me, and He see's me in His Son, WOW, that's Huge!! Do you know how fortunate we are to know that.

There is a world out there that don't have that as of yet.
But we know this.

How long are we going to allow the accuser to convince us that we need improvment? His Identity is Perfection, you can't improve on that.

Praise you Lord cheers
Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

95 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:38 pm

LindaY

Hi Sis,
I know this was for David but, thanks for reminding me too.

Can Scherryl be improved upon?
Can Scherryl be better?
Can Scherryl be more Righteous?
Can Scherryl be more Holy?

I always find that the answer to all of these things is NO.
But, I can live with me, if my focus is on His Life and not mine. Then His Life in me can come forth.

96 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I have to do the same thing too Sis, from time to time.
Has The Lord ever said to you, you need to do better?
Has He ever said to you, your not up to par?

No, He never has, He doesn't have too LOL, He knows His Life is sufficient.

Blessings

97 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Can David be more of a vessel of blessing to his family?

I keep hoping so!

98 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm

LindaY

How long are we going to allow the accuser to convince us that we need improvment? His Identity is Perfection, you can't improve on that

That's good Scherryl.

99 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am

Let's just stamp this entry with today's date and make a note that I have observed in recent weeks that God can do some remarkable things to empty David and prepare him to be such a vessel. Ways that I could not have anticipated.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum