APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

the bridegroom and the bride

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

cross-eyed

For me, the reason why I see us returning to the garden is not about Adam at all. It's about the state of things "when" he was in it. There was no curse . . .THAT'S the emphasis and difference between then and now. The earth groans . . . why? Because it's still under the curse.

As long as "this" realm is dominant over the spirit realm, the curse remains in place. When curse is lifted in every level, everything returns to the "garden state" so to speak.

No one really knows what that means because as Todd mentioned, only two men have ever been around when the earth wasn't under the curse. And that would be both Adams. All we have to go by is in the beginning before the first Adamw as driven out of the spiritual place and bound to this natural one.

52 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 pm

todosan

I have long been a proponent that in Christ, the life would far surpass that which Adam experienced. Just as has been expressed here. In many ways, I still believe that, and it does not negate that God showed us the end from the beginning.

Whether or not the Garden is similar to what lies ahead, is greater or less than, or what have ya... all of that is a sidebar discussion. All important, and all very much not in contradiction to my earlier point.

Mark you clarified nicely that Adam was not the Christ. If he had been, we would have no need for the real McCoy. Also, there would be no need for death either, as Adam would have no charges brought against him ever.

Nevertheless, the Lord explicitly states that dominion was given to Adam, and it very much was before the fall. Dominion that nowadays is only found in Christ, because of the fall.

“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts (doma) unto men.”

Doma being the base word of dominion.

That fine line you're concerned about, the crossing over into the deceitfulnes of our hearts, well... I stopped worrying about that long ago. I was so overwhelmed by my own deceitfulness that I ran from the light. I was a poster boy for deceitfulness. It was in my running away that I found the true faithfulness of the Lord Jesus Christ. The trick for all revelation is to ask a simple question....Does it reveal the Lord Jesus Christ? Deceitfulness or not, is Jesus being revealed? His faithfulness covers me even in my unfaithfulness.

I thought about Nathan's post over lunch. In Christ, the hymen is broken by Christ coming forth from the womb. There is a Christ in all of us, that is not divided into parts, that is going to emerge and be revealed. It is not within our ability to repair the breach (division), but Christ in us is the hope of Glory. The deceit of the heart is to believe that we can come into true dominion in any fashion other than obedience to Christ....wasn't that the essense of the fall?

53 Bridegroom and Bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Hibbs

I agree that the other issues are not directly pertinent. And that we can easily find ourselves straining at a gnat. There is a law of circularity....we came from God and are returning unto God. Paradise is the garden of God and a beautiful garden has the capacity to cause our natural spirit to lift. I am not the least concerned with the wonder or shadows of things that we see in part. In time (or out of time) we will come to a place where we see and know.

My only point relates to the process and the idea that the sword of the spirit could break down the division between our soul and spirit so that we could then be "re-membered" into the "image" of God. I guess if there is a single point that has been established in my heart, it is the centrality of the cross. Any approach that gives "Adam" an escape from the cross (be it the doctrine of the rapture, or the substitutionary atonement, or any other way that escapes a confrontation with Calvary) seems to me to be another form of the tree of knowledge and appeals to the fallen side of man. Mars Hill would be easily resurrected today through the internet when you start to compare all of the wonderful ideas of how to get to God.

Our gospel is hid because it is a lowly and humble way that our beloved lamb and shepard of our souls has chosen. The paradox of life through death should never be lost from view.

54 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:30 pm

todosan

Actually when we disagree we agree..... funny how that works.

I totally get what you are saying. The deception that exists out there that attepts to nullify the work of the cross is astonishing. The cross is central to all things. I don't know that we are saying anything contrary to the cetrality of the cross.

There are also two other feasts. The third is the first in a way. It is a more personal look at the first, but it is not the first, it is the third. It has a separate meaning and purpose.

The cross is the death, which is the rending of the veil of His flesh, that Kev pointed out to us. Tabernacles is in one way, His death becomming our death. Now if it were a death without suffering, I think the impact would be lost. Jesus was clear that suffering would come to those who would follow. Paul said he died daily. This is of course dimensional also, and happens on many levels over the course of our lives.

That division between soul and spirit is also a veil that needs rending. The method is a death. The death on the cross produced a bride (church) and the two were to become one. This is why out of His side flowed blood and water.

In us, that very same death works to remove the veil between the two rooms and the spirt and soul are no longer divided. Again, the work of the cross is central. The cross must be applied here also, but it is making Tabernacles possible. The problem exists within the soul. This is why our soul was to be "transformed" by a renewing of the mind. Death strikes again. How? Christ was crucified in the place of the skull. Can't make this stuff up.

Do I think there is any other way to lay ahold of the prize of the high calling? No, I do not. It is hidden in Christ alone. If we understand this better, however, we have something very powerful to take to the Lord in prayer.

Mark, I am wondering what the real issue is here... I feel like I am dancing in circles a little and I don't feel like I am crossing any sacred lines. As much as all these things (the cross and suffering) are fundamental to our walk, and critical to our position in Christ, I in no ways want to stay in the hell I have been living in. There are appointed times for things to come to pass, things we only know in part because they haven't happened yet.. (and does anyone really understand the things that have happened?) There is a people alive today that will exprience the Kingdom in a measure that has not previously happened. If I am wrong about this... oh well. It isn't like I am asking anyone to follow me into my delusions. There is a way the work gets accomplished. The answer is in Chirst... the answer is ALWAYS in Christ, but that alone does not bring understanding or true direction. The Spirit must cause the revelation to become manifestation...

55 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Not to take this thread in reverse because I enjoy where its going but I just wanted to comment on a couple things. and I wrote this before Todd's most recent post, which Todd I agree that 1 and 3 feasts are the same sorta.

1. When I gave my Gen 1:1 translation, I'm not saying I'm a linguist or that its the only correct translation, or even that it is a correct translation.

2. Todd on 10/2 you posted "Phil 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

On Monday, I took my dogs out running in a park in the morning. Oh the fall colors and the dew on the grass, and the smell of a crisp fall morning was beautiful. On my way back I was running toward the dawning sun, well at least the sun was coming over the row of houses. With the dew on the grass the sun reflected so much that it was all I could see if I looked toward it. So I did. And I ran, and began to sprint. And the above passage came into my mind. It was such a beautiful picture, that brought me back to the first vision I had of me stepping over the cliff into God. I swear for a minute I was flying. I could feel myself being raised, but the weight of my flesh held me down. I could barely hold it together afterwards.

Until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

I've had a vision of the unveiling. That all of humanity was standing together. Covered over by a digital blue net. The time was dawn, before the sun had come over the horizon. Everyone was sleeping. As the Son came over the horizon the veil was burned away, and the people all awoke at the same time. Yet the light didn't hit them all at the same time, it washed over the sea of humanity like a wave of fire. And as it hit each row they would awaken, I could see it from the third person perspective. But I could also see it from the first person perspective and it was in that perspective that I knew that it was all simultaneous.

On this mountain I will remove the covering that is cast over all people, the veil that is stretched over all faces.

I'm sorry to keep taking things off topic, its just that one thing written by another will bring these things to life, and I hope they add to the picture.

56 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Quote Todd,
Nevertheless, the Lord explicitly states that dominion was given to Adam, and it very much was before the fall. Dominion that nowadays is only found in Christ, because of the fall. End Quote

Where??? And since when, is the image of God created from Dirt??

The man in Gen.1:26,27 "is Not" the man in the Garden.

The man in Gen. 1 was Created, the man in Gen 2 was formed and made.

I'm sorry guys, but I still say that Adam in The Garden, never had dominion, he was very limited and confined.
He was made to bow down to (subjected) the things of the world. And some may not think this is important, or that I'm splitting hairs hear, but it "is" extremely important.

Adam in the Garden is a picture of all of us in our beginning.
Gen. 1 is a picture of our End. It's just like God to hide the Truth, by reversing the chapters.

The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

57 Bridegroom and Bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Hibbs

We probably are saying the same thing but I don't think it hurts to turn the diamond of truth and in the process see another facet. The common understanding of the cross is that Jesus went to the cross so that I don't have to...which I think is a great deception. To those people, the cross is central to history and central to their theology but does not mean that the same rugged cross that stood on that far away hill would have to be personally experienced...and that more than once. I wrote some time ago that the cross and a sword bear a striking resemblance to one another. The death that Jesus experienced, while the supreme sacrifice of a perfect lamb, fulfilled the requirements of the law. At the same time, it became the way for the "all we like sheep go astray, every one his own way" to find their way home.

As His cross rent the veil of the temple in Jerusalem, our cross rends the veil of our flesh so that the Christ within can be visible. Gideon's clay vessel was broken, the barley loaves are blessed, broken and distributed, and so must we be also. It has less to do with satisfying our desires than it does with making us into the bread of life for others. It is then that the real "dominion" occurs for in ruling over our flesh and crucifying it, the love that never fails comes forth and the dominion of Christ is established.

58 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
And another thing, the only reason Adam walked with God in the Cool (spirit)of the day, is because iniquity was not yet revealed in him. God knew that the moment he did eat of the (Law) it would reveal that.

Remember they were both Naked from the very beginning and not ashamed. What does naked mean? They had no Righteousness.
All they had was an awareness of themselves and God. That's it.

The same as you and I, before we are born from Above. We know we exist, and we also know that God exist, we cannot deny that, but we don't Know Him, we don't have fellowship with Him.

Why? Because God never intended us to, except through His ONLY Begotten Son.

Again I've said it many times, but Gen. 1 is the Blueprint of the Whole plan of God. From Adam's beginning to His End in the Christ of God. Gen. 1 is in "SEED" form. Very Happy

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

59 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm

todosan

Scherryl, You know that was incredible. I had to read that about 6 times to catch it..

Ah man, I still have to go back and read it again..

Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

Adam is not "formed" until Gen 2:7.

Nothing to be sorry about here.... Adam in Gen 1, which is plural, is Aw-dawm, and very much spirit, because God is spirit. Adam the person, from whom Eve is taken is Ha'Aw-dawm, singular.

So to reiterate, the dominion was given to the plural "them", who was in the image of God, and when they became separate .......the dominion was not there? Hmmm....Obviously he did not have dominion over the tree of Knowlege!! That didn't work out well.

I think you are very much correct that Gen 1 is a pic of the end result. It may be that the idea of being restored to something is not correct at all, but in fact, we are being made into that which God gave a very small sneak preview of. Now, I am not going to get any sleep tonight.

60 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Hibbs

Now you've gone and done it Scherryl. Created and formed...Adam and Adam...in his image and a living soul???

What have you done? I'm lost. If I ever noticed the difference, I had not seen the significance. You have my attention.

61 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:57 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
todosan wrote:Scherryl, You know that was incredible. I had to read that about 6 times to catch it..

Ah man, I still have to go back and read it again..

Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

Adam is not "formed" until Gen 2:7.

Nothing to be sorry about here.... Adam in Gen 1, which is plural, is Aw-dawm, and very much spirit, because God is spirit. Adam the person, from whom Eve is taken is Ha'Aw-dawm, singular.

So to reiterate, the dominion was given to the plural "them", who was in the image of God, and when they became separate .......the dominion was not there? Hmmm....Obviously he did not have dominion over the tree of Knowlege!! That didn't work out well.

I think you are very much correct that Gen 1 is a pic of the end result. It may be that the idea of being restored to something is not correct at all, but in fact, we are being made into that which God gave a very small sneak preview of. Now, I am not going to get any sleep tonight.

Now, you got it!!! Amen

62 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Praise You Lord!!

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

63 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Hibbs wrote:You have my attention.

Yeah, what Mark said.

64 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Hibbs

The more I look at these chapters and see the 6th day and the 7th day, the more I realize that there is something wonderful hidden herein. I think Scherryl needs to start a new thread on Genesis 1 and share her understanding in depth. There are things here that I have never considered let alone understood and blueprints are a great way to examine the construction in progress.

65 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 pm

cross-eyed

Okay, my turn to be the caught in the back-draft here . . . I need some further "splaining" if you don't mind . . .

I'm sorry guys, but I still say that Adam in The Garden, never had dominion, he was very limited and confined.
He was made to bow down to (subjected) the things of the world. And some may not think this is important, or that I'm splitting hairs hear, but it "is" extremely important.

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I'm lost here . . .IF they're still in the garden, which, just for clarification, I personally believe it's still when spirit is predominant over natural at this point and the garden is "on the other side" of where we are now. . . IF God gave them dominion over the life on the earth, how can you say they didn't have it? Adam wasn't "bound" to anything until he received from his Eve the forbidden fruit. He had full reign up to that point. What am I missing?

66 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Nathan, if you don't mind, what I think your doing is reading ch1 and ch2 in sequence like a book.

But that is not the order. Reverse it.

The man in Gen. 1 is All Mankind through His Christ, the one who is the image and likeness of God. "Our End"

The man in Gen 2 is our beginning, made from the dust of the ground, Our beginning.

The last shall be first and the first shall be last.

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Blessings

67 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 pm

cross-eyed

Gonna put the gears in neutral for a second . . . or try to . . . chapter one, mankind's end . . .chapter two, man's beginning . . .

And the topic in question was that man didn't walk in the dominion God claimed he had. So in your eyes, because chapter one is the end, dominion reigns there, even though dominion wasn't given in chapter one, it was given in chapter two.

I feel like I've got two plug ends that are supposed to go into each other, but I can't seem to get the prongs to match up with the holes. Neutral

Let me play with this for a sec . . .

And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

This kinda jumped out at me . . .it's in chapter two. Eastward for me is the resurrection of Christ. God planted a garden in that resurrection "for" us. But we couldn't just walk into this garden, he had to "place" us there. We were created from the dust of this earth before the earth fell into the curse, from there, he breathed breath . . spirit "into" us and we "became" more than just beasts, we became living souls. Beings with the ability to operate in both realms. We were made in one, but placed in the other. Again . . .no curse.

The nakedness and lack of righteousness kinda went over my head as well. Abraham was worse off than Adam was, yet God declared "him" righteous. So how is it that God would create Adam, declare his work "good" but not righteous? And if he wasn't righteous, then that would mean that Jesus needed to come and sacrifice himself whether Adam had fallen or not, because he was naked. . . .unrighteous??

It's not fitting for me. I'm not sure the nakedness was the issue, I think the shame of being naked was the indicator there that something was amiss. God never tried clothing Adam before the fall. There was no reason for it, knowledge had not yet used it against him.

I think Adam "did" cross over back and forth from natural into spiritual . . .the animals were created from the same dust, but only Adam was placed in the garden. There was sun, moon and stars, so apparently, time existed in the earth as well. However, because spirit surpasses the laws of the natural, time doesn't affect the garden. Because there was reproduction happening on the earth, time obviously governed the natural realm as well. But Adam was not conformed to it's laws.

But then he ate from what his Eve offered. That I think was the biggest problem. They were one, but when she ate the fruit, nothing happened. But when "he" ate of it, everything changed. That was a profound moment for me when God came calling and once he and Adam hooked up, the question "Who told you, you were naked?" resonated through out all of the entire creation.

Nakedness wasn't ever an issue until knowledge took affect. Isn't it kinda like what Paul talked about in being weak? Knowledge reversed spiritual truth. Walking in nakedness was walking in innocense and even dominion. The clothing didn't come into play until after they were driven from the garden. I think before that, it was the garden itself that clothed them. But knowledge warped it, perverted the innocense of it and instead of freedom and dominion, they were bound by fear and shame.

Very deep waters we're finding ourselves in, eh?

68 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
One thing that I never hear anyone even consider in all of this,

That through all of this revelation of a veil between the man (spirit) and the woman (soul), has anyone ever considered that this is why Lucifer became Satan?

Do we not also believe he will be reconciled as well?

Just thinking out loud.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

69 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Quote Nathan,
And the topic in question was that man didn't walk in the dominion God claimed he had. So in your eyes, because chapter one is the end, dominion reigns there, even though dominion wasn't given in chapter one, it was given in chapter two. End Quote

Let's break it down a bit. First you said:

And the topic in question was that man didn't walk in the dominion God claimed he had.

No, I think your confused as to what I'm saying, Adam in the Garden never had dominion to walk in, he was never told that by God. You are taking that from ch. 1 and applying it to Adam in ch.2 that's where your going off track right out of the gate. Show me in Ch.2 where God says that Adam has dominion.

Secondly you said:

So in your eyes, because chapter one is the end, dominion reigns there, even though dominion wasn't given in chapter one, it was given in chapter two. End Quote

Dominion is ONLY given to the man in ch.1, it is Never given in ch.2 to Adam. This is something we have been taught all our lives, but it is something that needs to come down.
I'm sorry Nathan, I do not want to be the one who is confusing things for you. I'm just trying to explain it the best way I know how, And the way it was revealed to me. There are to many differences in the two men.

We assume that Adam in the Garden had dominion because of the first ch., but that is not the same man. Adam was also put out of the Garden, the other trees in the Garden are still there, they can't be uprooted.

70 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
jugghead wrote:One thing that I never hear anyone even consider in all of this,

That through all of this revelation of a veil between the man (spirit) and the woman (soul), has anyone ever considered that this is why Lucifer became Satan?

Do we not also believe he will be reconciled as well?

Just thinking out loud.

I have considered it, and find myself thinking that Adam was the serpent in the Garden and when the other trees (Us) found him out, we put him out.

After all he is the lawless one, the man of sin, the Antichrist, the son of perdition, the first accuser etc. etc.

71 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Nathan, please check out the word East, Eastward, East wind etc. in Scripture you will find that it is not good. It is usually a dry hot wind. It is Egypt, etc. etc.

Again Eastward or the East as relating to the Resurrection is another one of those things that we have been hearing all our lives. But where is it in Scripture?

Mat_24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Those that are redeemed or being redeemed are always coming "from" or "coming out of" the East. Another words they are departing from it.

72 Bridegroom and Bride on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Hibbs

Jugghead, I think that you have listened to the company line too long about Lucifer becoming Satan. When you study "Lucifer" it seems much more like Adam or even a type of Christ (albeit fallen). Someone posted something on this issue but I haven't been able to find it. I don't think it has much to do with the veil, however...

73 Bridegroom and Bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 am

Hibbs

Scherryl; You have really started something (or Todd did) that is sort of the tip of the iceberg of something much greater. As I look at the "creation" of "Adam (them)" in Gen 1, I note that it was on the 6th day and that this Adam was given dominion (although it is an earthly dominion only). When I look at Gen 2, I note that it is the beginning of the 7th day and that "Adam" is "formed" from the dust of the earth. From Todd's post there is apparently a difference in that the Gen 2 Adam is singular and the Gen 1 Adam is plural (and thus the reference to "them"). I do not have an interlinear and do not have the precise Hebrew.

There are some other differences too...like the 2:7 Adam receiving the breath of life (not the ruach of the spirit but rather animal or soulish wind) and becoming a living soul. We do not see that with the plural Adam "created" at 1:27 as male and female created He them. "They" received the dominion mandate and it does not appear to have been limited.

Then we have the Gen 2 Adam placed in a garden in 2:7&8 and we find that God causes trees to grow out of the "adamah" (ground). We do not see a dominion given to the Adam formed of the dust and it is this Adam that later is put to sleep and Eve is taken from his side and we know the rest of the story. Is it really possible that we have been trying to put this Humpty together with thoughts that restoring Eve back into his side will complete him (in allegorical analogy) and restore him from whence he was fallen without realizing that the "living soul" Adam was merely a seed out of which mankind would come and not the seed of Abraham out of which the Christ would come???

I think it is safe to say that most of us have always understood that Adam was Adam and that both chapters refer to the same person. You have pointed out that this ain't necessarily so and it seems like your point has real teeth. As Jesus was the second Adam....this suggests that maybe He was the first??? Obviously not the dirt bag Adam formed of dust, but the created (or maybe "begotten"?) Adam created in the image of God.

You have totally shaken my frame of reference and I imagine these thoughts will shake others also. What other parts of the blueprint are we missing?

I tried to delete from this thread but lost the delete button?

Last edited by Hibbs on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

74 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:32 am

LindaY

I'm not really even sure if I should post this here or where I should put it but, it seems relevant to the two threads that have been separated. If not, I can delete it. I'm as lost as I can be anyway and may not be of any help whatsoever.

In Gen 2 it says:
18 ¶ And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 ¶ And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

In Luke 36:

33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day
:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
50 ¶ And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.

75 Re: the bridegroom and the bride on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:23 am

I wrote this last night but forgot to send it so please excuse my tardiness. You guys move fast Smile
Also Jugghead, Todd and I both wrote about lucifer in the matrix thread.

Nate Christ was their covering IMO. The annointing. That is another part of the enfolding. Christ in us, us in Christ, we are the flesh covering now, he is the covering in the garden and in the end. We are subjected to Him like a wife to a husband. And the wife's covering is her husband.

Jugghead I personally don't believe lucifer is Satan (in the standard christian sense)unless you believe that Satan is none other than the mind of Adam. In that case possibly but that's a whole other story.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum