APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ok, you guys are not even gonna believe this......

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I just saw something on TV that blew me away.

I was listening to the Andy Griffith show, I say listening cause I was in the kitchen cooking so I wasn't really watching.
I had to rewind it to see what he was talking about.

And I heard Opey say, Make a wish Pa, and he had a wishbone in his hand, and Andy went to pull on it and it was like rubber it wouldn't break it was soft. And Andy says, well, what is this a rubber wishbone, and get this!!!

Opey says no Pa, it's been soaked in "Vinegar" HELLO!!!LOL...Blew me away.
Immediately I saw Jesus on the Cross accepting the Vinegar, and not a bone was broken.

Are we not to be plyable in the hand of The Master, to be able to bend and not break? Isn't that the symbol for the Palm tree?

Dry bones are brittle but not those that have been seasoned.
We are bone of His bones and flesh of His flesh.

Praise You Lord!!! Very Happy

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Again I will say, I love the fact that the Father can use anything for us to understand.

THAT IN ITSELF TAKES WISDOM.

And I will repeat,

Praise You Lord!!! cheers

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

It surpasses zen: The bamboo bends before the Wind.

Katie-do

Ok Sis, I'm here and will share what we discussed last nite. Hi everybody!!!! Last nite I was at Scherryl's house and I was telling her that the Lord has shown me something about Martha , Mary and Lazerus. Martha was always serving and busy taking care of the family. Mary on the other hand was at the feet of the Lord. Lazerus had died and was risen.
I saw that Martha represents the servant,Mary represent sonship, and Lazerus represents the risen. Now I also see Martha-outercourt,Mary innnercourt,and Lazerus as the Holiest of Holies in the Tabernacle. Yet again, the number 3.

LindaY

Katie-do wrote:Ok Sis, I'm here and will share what we discussed last nite. Hi everybody!!!! Last nite I was at Scherryl's house and I was telling her that the Lord has shown me something about Martha , Mary and Lazerus. Martha was always serving and busy taking care of the family. Mary on the other hand was at the feet of the Lord. Lazerus had died and was risen.
I saw that Martha represents the servant,Mary represent sonship, and Lazerus represents the risen. Now I also see Martha-outercourt,Mary innnercourt,and Lazerus as the Holiest of Holies in the Tabernacle. Yet again, the number 3.

You may find this hard to believe but, do you know those same scriptures came to me today and now you have just expounded on something I only saw a portion of.

LindaY

jugghead wrote:Again I will say, I love the fact that the Father can use anything for us to understand.

THAT IN ITSELF TAKES WISDOM.

And I will repeat,

Praise You Lord!!! cheers

Amen! cheers

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:
Katie-do wrote:Ok Sis, I'm here and will share what we discussed last nite. Hi everybody!!!! Last nite I was at Scherryl's house and I was telling her that the Lord has shown me something about Martha , Mary and Lazerus. Martha was always serving and busy taking care of the family. Mary on the other hand was at the feet of the Lord. Lazerus had died and was risen.

You may find this hard to believe but, do you know those same scriptures came to me today and now you have just expounded on something I only saw a portion of.

Ain't God good!!!

cross-eyed

Having eyes that see . . .

His handy-work even reaches Hollywood! Amazing.

Just to also add . . .ever do a word study on "baptize"? There are apparently two Greek words used for it. One is to merely dip something into water, but the other, the one used for being baptized in the Holy Ghost . . .it literally means "pickled".

Okay, what I mean by that is, it isn't just an outside rinse, it's an inward change. The dipping washes the outside, but the pickling is a saturation through and through. Water baptism is merely an outward manifestation of an individual's inward transformation.

The wishbone wasn't just dipped in vinigar, it was inwardly transformed by it.

You can't even watch Mayberry without seeing God . . .now . . THAT'S what true baptism does. You see God's hand in every part of your daily routine. How cool is that!!!

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Wow, "Pickled" how awesome!!!

So you could say were all pickled, LOL, I love it!!
Do we not have the Greatest Father ever?

Blessings

cross-eyed

I somehow came across that where someone was reading a recipe written in Greek. It was actually dealing with cucumbers and it used both usages of the word in one paragraph. It called for you to submerge the cucumbers in water to wash them and then it called for you to take them out of that and place them in another solution mainly vinegar . .vinigar . . .vinager . . .none of them look right.

Anyway, place them in the second solution and leave them over night where the solution baptizzo(s) them inside out.

It sure would explain my own personality a lot . . .

But when I first came across that, the very first thought that came to me was in the upper room when they were baptized by the holy ghost and outsiders thought they were drunk . . .pickled! It all fits!

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LOL, I never even connected that with the upper room, yeah, they did think they were drunk didn't they?

I love it when something like this takes on a life of it's own.
I was just thinking about the process of pickling, and since I've never done it, I ask Mom, and she said, when you pickle something, what your doing is actually preserving it, and if you don't get a good.... get this...."Seal" on it you might as well forget it. Sealed with the Holy Spirit. Not only that but she said salt is involved and spices too. Didn't they bring spices to anoint His body for burial?

Salt we also know is a healing agent, and a preservative.
Love it!!!

cross-eyed

"and" salt makes you thirsty!

That passage about us being the salt of the earth . . . I never understood fully what that meant . . .people would always quote it, but it never really fit for me.

In my eyes, salt was used to do mostly, enhance flavor, or to preserve dead flesh. If we are the salt of the "earth", which of those two premises are we to identify with? Making life more "flavorful" for others . . .Not sure if that's really God's intent. And I "know" we're not to try to preserve that which is inevidible to rot and decay. Except for twinkies of course . . . they last forever.

But then when I realized salt makes you thirsty . . it all came together. We're to make people thirsty for His righteousness . ..by example of course. Then now, seeing salt as a healing agent . . .that one never occurred to me either. I love that!! It also goes with the passage in Revelation that speaks to the healing being in the "leaves" . . .

Good stuff!!

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
yeah, that's true about being thirsty.

As a little side note, I have heard that the "Swaddling clothes"
that they wrap Jesus in, is a tradition, and get this...

They put salt all over the body and then wrap them in it, why I don't know, but I thought that was interesting too.

LindaY

Well, this is true. I put up pickles every single year here and all of the ingredients are correct. That's how they are preserved. Wonderful posts here!

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Hey Scherryl, couldn't help but bring this thread back to life with what we talked about the other night.

Water into wine, going from what just "quenches" to what "influences", being drunk in the Spirit, we are pickled.

Water can quench our thirst and it satisfies something in us, but it does nothing to influence who we are on the inside, but wine influences our behavior just as the Spirit of God influences our behavior.

And just like the flood in Noah's time the water came from above as well as from fountains in the depths that opened up, the flood came about by both an upper and lower influence.

And by this we can come to understand that who we are in this world is influenced by both, but which has more power in us, the upper or the lower influence?

Rick

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Loving it!!

I was hoping Beckie would come on and share what she saw when I told her about what you had told me about the transformation, from Water to Wine.

Sorry Beckie, I can't wait,...she said she saw in the book of Acts, when they accused them of being drunk, after the holy spirit was poured out.

And also she mention Noah too. After the flood, he planted a vineyard and became drunk, I wonder if there's more to that story than meets the eye. Wink

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
and an added note, the best wine for last

God's Spirit can influence our behavior in that we become obedient to the law

But the best is saved for last in that His Spirit influences our behavior towards others in this world in how we show love, compassion and forgiveness to more people than we did previously, not just to those who are close to us (i.e. family)

Rick

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:Loving it!!

I was hoping Beckie would come on and share what she saw when I told her about what you had told me about the transformation, from Water to Wine.

Sorry Beckie, I can't wait,...she said she saw in the book of Acts, when they accused them of being drunk, after the holy spirit was poured out.

And also she mention Noah too. After the flood, he planted a vineyard and became drunk, I wonder if there's more to that story than meets the eye. Wink

Blessings

Isn't there always more? I would have to agree with you and say yes also.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
You know what's funny, Nathan had mentioned this "pickled" earlier in the topic, and I received it with what he was saying, and it connected then.

And now that you have brought this up with the wine influencing our thinking I'm in "OVERLOAD" and how wonderful it is.

And ya know something else, me and David was talking yesterday, about the substance that Jesus took on the cross, I thought that He had eventually at the end taken the Gall, Which is a very strong drug to null the pain. But now I'm not so sure, anyhow just rambling I suppose.

The Vinegar I can see Him taking on our behalf to make us bendable or pliable, if He did take the Gall, I can also see Him taking that on our behalf too, to take away the guilt of pills when we need to dull the pain. Just TOL. Very Happy

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

jugghead wrote:Water into wine, going from what just "quenches" to what "influences", being drunk in the Spirit, we are pickled.

Water can quench our thirst and it satisfies something in us, but it does nothing to influence who we are on the inside, but wine influences our behavior just as the Spirit of God influences our behavior.

And just like the flood in Noah's time the water came from above as well as from fountains in the depths that opened up, the flood came about by both an upper and lower influence.

And by this we can come to understand that who we are in this world is influenced by both, but which has more power in us, the upper or the lower influence?

And asking which influence is upper, and which is lower, and if that’s to be an issue for us. Are you talking about the spirits which can fuel fire as being ‘upper’ and the water which can quench fire being the ‘lower’? But, oh how He can use them both!

This ‘pickling’ used to be a lacto-fermentation process years before large scale manufacturing, transportation and marketing took hold. It is micro-organisms in the milk which used to do all the work for us in preserving foods. Most of these tiny life-forms which we live in such close relationship with exist naturally in the milk or even on the plants we’re trying to preserve Some special cultures like kefir, piima, and sourdough we might like to provide a special environment for to make them feel at home.

It is real easy to separate milk into curds and whey, and then use small amounts of the whey to start the fermentation process. When we think of pickles, beets, sauerkraut, kim-chee, grains prepared for making bread and such, beer, root beer, punch, and the like, we are thinking of foods which are traditionally prepared and preserved using lacto-fermentation. The salt is often used first to kill off any opportunistic organisms before fermenting. This process actually makes the nutrients in our food more available to our bodies and turns our gut into a barracks for hosting all of those friends God has given us as companions and help even for digestion. Where this is good, most other health issues seem to work themselves out.

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
David wrote:

And asking which influence is upper, and which is lower, and if that’s to be an issue for us. Are you talking about the spirits which can fuel fire as being ‘upper’ and the water which can quench fire being the ‘lower’? But, oh how He can use them both!

I see both in both, that the lower influence of man can put out a fire that has started in a young believer

and also that God can put out a fire that man has ignited in us.

And for the rest of your post, that was cool. I wonder if anybody driving by the farm would look at you and wonder, how smart is this guy, sure he knows farming but does he know quantum physics?

Boy, would they be surprised. Keep it up David

Brother Jugg

22 wtf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:29 pm

jugghead wrote:Boy, would they be surprised. Keep it up David

Brother Jugg

Brother Jugg!

This post embarrassed me a little when I read it. But rather than finding offense I’m just going to stay in the spirit of this thing and brag on myself some more here...

But first, I’m not goat-ranching today. That ended on Nov 13, I think about a month after I moved there. Hollis wanted me to come back home and herd boys rather than goats so I have been here since. Brian finished what was keeping him away from the animals so the timing was perfect coming and going. It has been a good time at home. I have changed: You can’t hardly drag me into a fight anymore. I have begun connecting with my eldest son Jonathan. It’s a beautiful story. Not so much of the father descending to hell to be with his son, but of the father materializing before the son’s eyes and letting his son know that he’s been here with him all along. I am glad to be here and hope it is sustainable.

Speaking of, our milk supply is drying up and we need another. Brian just bought four kids at auction and they need milk. I pray that the Lord is guiding us to developing a herd at home. Maybe even another home for a herd, Who knows...?

Yesterday, Walker the Hound Dog and I went to pick up our youngest Elijah from school. We got there and Elijah texted that he would be late. A while later I got a call from the school. I didn’t answer it. I let it go to voicemail as I always do. Then Elijah calls so I pick up. It’s not Elijah, it’s the assistant principal on Elijah’s phone. Drats, foiled by the oldest trick in the book! AP asks can I come into the office. and repeated several times that Elijah wasn’t in trouble, he was just witness to something that happened at school today. I said, “this all sounds a little dodgy, but if it will make you feel better then I will come in.” So, I leave Houndy the Dog in the truck and head toward the office. Walker is raising hell of course. He already knows something is up when he sees Elijah didn't come out with the rest of the kids and now I'm going someplace where he can't come and he doesn't like this a bit. I'm thinking about seeing a doctor and declaring myself olfactorily disabled so I can take my smelling nose dog with me when I need to go in to places like this. I think we could make that work. What do you think? After all, this is an extremely high-strung and potentially lethal animal and it could be dangerous to leave him unattended in the truck when I have to shop, attend meetings and such.

Let me tell you what happened in this office last year. Hollis was very sick and we were at the doctor. I got a call from Elijah that he was in the auditorium and needed me to pick him up. Turns out that he and several hundred other kids were yanked out of class and rounded up into the auditorium until their parents could come in and provide proof that the student had received a certain inoculation that the district was trying to make everybody believe was required. I’d already written up a document for Elijah stating that he was exempt on the basis that we were too well informed to allow him to receive the vaccination, so I went to the school and snatched Elijah out of the auditorium and marched into the principal’s office with him. The principal wasn’t there so we were directed to the AP. Turns out he was the one who snatched Elijah out of class so it was good that he was there. He said that a Dr. So&So from the district office ordered the round-up and detention. I informed him that Elijah’s parents were the ones responsible for Elijah's health and well being and that he was merely on loan to the school’s care during school hours. I directed him to the email I’d sent to the principal over the summer exempting Elijah from this foolishness and he assured me it wouldn’t happen again. I wrote an email to the AP copying the principal and Dr. So&So and the district superintendent and thanked the AP for his commitment and reminded him that even if Hitler himself were to come back to life and declare himself emperor of the universe, that his orders would not justify bullying these children in this fashion. That particular AP got relieved from duty a few weeks later for slugging another teacher in the face at a bar while they were attending a convention out of town. So I was little curious about who this new AP would be. Understand that any bad taste I might have had going into the meeting yesterday would have been for the office and not the man, and this all happened a year ago.

Well, I got in there and my son was outside the AP’s office along with another set of parents. Elijah thought we could go right in and opened the door, but there was another young lady in there with the AP and a police officer and they asked us to wait. I visited with the other girl’s Dad for the 20 minutes or so his daughter was in there, then she came out and we went in. The AP described an incident in which a teacher wigged out and started going off on some students, my son included. There was physical assault involved. They spoke of criminal charges, DA, victims,witnesses and the like.

They made it clear that my son had handled himself in an exemplary fashion and what came next surprises me even today. I stood there and with no premeditation whatsoever, hell I didn't even know what I was going in there for in the first place, and I said, ”I just want to make sure that the teacher is able to get what she needs. We are no victims in this. The teacher is the victim and we just need to make sure that she gets what she needs to make her whole again.”

Even if I had a chance to think about what I was going to say, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have come up with that one! It was a short meeting and Walker did just fine in the truck. He’s such a good boy.

Okay, I confess that that's quite enough boasting and pride for one day so I repent and will go back to flogging myself.

wherefrom the friendliness?

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Great story

Do not worry about what you are to say, for in that very hour I will give you the words.

Paraphrased of course

Rick

cross-eyed

flower

Love the picture of the beagle . . . wish I had one of my own, they're the best dogs for hunting rabbits!!!

Yeah, we treasure him. He's half walker hound and half beagle and he towers over most beagles yet he really feels comfortable on his hind legs, kind of like a giant prairie dog sometimes.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum