You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 8 - Taking on Satan

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter 8 - Taking on Satan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

cross-eyed

Chapter Eight

TAKING ON SATAN

Matthew 16
21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
22Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Pay close attention to details here. In verse 22 I see it saying Peter took Jesus. In other words, he took matters in his own hands. This is a sure sign trouble is on the way. If God is revealing things to us, whether we understand them or not, taking action into our own hands as if we were an authority on spiritual things, is a very risky thing to do. And Peter didn’t fair any better. Not only did he take the resurrection message by force, but he rebuked it. Can you imagine what would happen if God began revealing to you a message that was going to affect the entire world, and instead of letting his will be done, you took a hold of it and rebuked it? What message was that? The message of the coming of the resurrection.

I used to think this reaction Jesus had was really harsh. But once you realize the magnitude of what Peter was doing, he was actually telling God that this plan was flawed. What actually was happening here, was Peter was seeing the power of darkness being greater than the power of light. And Peter is a picture of the church. Do you really think religious leaders have the power to overthrow God? That’s what Peter is essentially saying by his reaction. He’s saying man is higher than God. Even though he has this budding relationship with Jesus, he is still very much influenced by his own reasoning. In his mind, he’s only seeing death and he’s responding to that image.

He’s moving in faith, but it’s what I call “dark faith”. It’s the response of an individual as a result of a negative expectation of something that has not yet happened. Worry is another form of dark faith. I have faith all right, I’m believing in something as though it was, it’s just what I’m believing is of a destructive nature as a result of my mind’s imagination, rather than seeing the work already complete in the spirit. Reacting to negative images in my mind, will only lead to negative results in my life (AMEN to that, it speaks volumes!).

Still Coming in Threes
Look at Jesus’ response. It comes in threes as well. After he rebukes Peter he says three things. One, “you are an offense to me”. Two, you don’t savour the things of God, and three, you are still influenced by man. Again, keeping this in perspective, Peter is a picture of the church. Even though there is the ability to receive from God, we’re still swayed by our reasoning, all good intentions set aside, we become an offense to the very one we think we’re projecting.

The word “savour” there means to strive for, to pursue. Even though it was clear God was able to reach Peter’s heart just seconds earlier, it’s also clear that Peter’s mind was still very much in control of Peter’s decisions. The rebuke was for the purpose of alignment. We are told our spirits are to take captive our thoughts. Jesus represents our spirit, Peter represents how we think. The thoughts of a carnal mind are always adverse to the things of God.

Notice also he did turn to Jesus. But Jesus’ rebuke to him reveals what happens to us when we do the same thing. We become an adversary to the very thing we think we’re protecting. Just as Jesus was establishing a new foundation in Peter, this is also a picture of Jesus establishing a foundation in his church. And it’s a picture of him establishing a foundation in every individual.

Just for a refresher of the dimensions, the story we’re reading is the 1st dimension, the application of it being affiliated with the corporate church is second dimension, and seeing the foundation being established within me as an individual, that’s the third dimension. The third dimension is always inward. The second dimension is always dealing with the corporate church or body, the first dimension is dealing with the natural world as a whole.

The whole world can read this passage (1st dimension), but only those who’ve become a part of the body of Christ, through personal invitation, are the corporate body,(2nd dimension) and again, only those who take it to the next level of intimacy with the Son will see these things are dealing with the inward man in all of us (3rd dimension). It’s the pearls before the swine principle. We’re all unclean until we’re cleansed by the blood. We become a perfection in the process of being perfected. Intimate truths are revealed only to those who’ve entered into an intimate relationship. It’s impossible to have an intimate relationship if you’re married to a doctrine. Jesus is not a doctrine. Doctrines are formed out of natural reasoning. Truth is born out of intimacy with the person of Truth.

The repetitive message through the entire Bible is between God and two men. God created the first Adam who chose to live in a realm apart from God. God sent the last Adam to redeem the first Adam back to God. In all the thousands of pages, people and pictures illustrated in the Bible, the message is always the same. The bottom line is, we are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

In that blood, I want to now begin calling the people out of their belief systems and tell all that the day of freedom has come. That’s what this book is designed to do. It’s a proclamation to the church to let God’s people go. But until the church breaks free from her own idols, the bondage of the believers remains in place. To enter into the freedom of Christ, the only thing required of us is to let go. Enter these things in faith. Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD (Ps. 34:Cool.

My purpose is not to call people away from the Lord. It’s just the opposite. My purpose is to bring freedom back to the people that have been living in an image of freedom, but not true freedom. Scripture says that in him we can live (1st dimension) and move (2nd dimension) and have our being (3rd dimension). It also states that the light of my body is through my eyes. It’s not about letting light into my body, it’s about discerning what light truly is. Because that passage goes on to say, if the light in that individual is actually darkness, how great that darkness is.

When we’re walking in the flesh, light becomes what our imagination depicts it to be. It’s not what is real, it’s what I perceive to be real. And if my process of reasoning is inaccurate, then my interpretation and depiction of light is going to be inaccurate as well. I’ve come to the realization that there are many churches out there proclaiming to contain “the” light when it’s not light at all. It’s a light manufactured by the imaginations of men that is actually darkness.

And the reason why Jesus went on to say that if that light in there is darkness, how great that darkness is, for me, that’s saying that the hardest thing to do is to tear down one room that has been built by men who have constructed and arranged as rightness in their sight, than it is to build a new temple from scratch. But that’s where we are. Denominations have become so large in their doctrines that they’ve created something bigger than themselves.

The only way it can be brought down, is for God to have an intervention of his own and shake the foundations of their belief systems until all that remains is what he originated in the first place. The latter parts of Hebrews 12 speaks of this in detail. Incidentally, the last line of that chapter tells you what the lake of fire literally is. It’s not what we think, but that’s coming later.

In him we live, and move, and have our being. What does it mean to have my being in Christ? For me, it means that I can be “me”. I see my soul and my personality are one and the same in that the church definition for your soul is your mind, will, and emotions. That’s explaining what an individual personality is. And in Christ, I can still have my personality. In the church’s image of Christ, there are personalities that need conforming. I guess the decision is left up to the individual as to whether we want truth to come on a personal level, or if we’re more comfortable accepting truth from a corporation. I’ve chosen the former. (wise choice) Smile

Back On Point
I’ve gotten off the Peter issue just a bit, but everything is connected. So it all comes back around. The purpose of this chapter is to take a look at satan, the devil, and Lucifer. It seems like such a mute point to many because if there is any confusion with theology and doctrine, knowing there’s a devil is elementary. Or so one would think. But that’s what dimensions do, they take you to a whole other level of understanding. So, being we’re in the middle of this story about Peter, we may as well start there and see where it takes us.

Why did Jesus call Peter satan? Do you know what the definition of satan is? It literally means “adversary”. Jesus was not telling us or Peter that he was now possessed by demons. The understanding of satan is one of the unfortunate and most misguided beliefs in our churches today.

Satan = Adversary
The translators called Peter satan. Jesus called him an adversary. Why? Jesus explained that because Peter didn’t savuor the things of God, he didn’t love the flavor of spiritual truths. He didn’t comprehend them, he was getting caught up in the imagination of his own mind again. Jesus just changed his name, prophesied about revelation coming to him, and all Peter could to with that was build himself up. He puffed up his self-confidence enough to totally miss the whole purpose why Jesus was doing what he was doing.

Peter was still being led by his mind, even though he now had the ability to walk in the spirit, he still chose to let his mind feed him. The fallen mind will only feed you death and burial. It is oblivious to resurrection life. The carnal mind is at enmity, it’s an adversary to the things of God. By telling him to get behind him, Jesus was merely realigning the body again. It’s a process in all of us. We have to train our minds to be in submission to our spirits. Only then does the reproductive flow of life begin to manifest in and through us.

The word “satan” simply means adversary. The teaching about imps and demons and devils as we now believe them to be didn’t come until after all of this transpired. In all the original translations it was never “satan” as we know it. It was actually written as “adversary”. The dramatization of satan being the archrival of God actually derived from pagan religions that infiltrated the church. But instead of me setting out to prove others wrong, let me instead share what I see is the light.

Tree of Knowledge Mysteriously Vanished
Satan is not the king of devils, imps, or demons. It is the carnal mind of man. In the garden of Eden, as mentioned before, there were two trees. I see these two trees to be thresholds into dimensions or realms. This is going to dip into another favorite subject of mine, but like everything else with kingdom principles, it’ll eventually come back around. The doctrine of satan often reverts to the serpent in the garden. There’s much to be seen here and its so difficult to find a place to start from.

The garden itself, even though it consisted of many trees, only two are addressed. They are named and they are “in the center” of the garden. When you deal with the center of anything, you’re dealing with the core matter of something. All other things branch out from that core. In the center of the garden were two trees. All other things branched out from those two trees. One was the tree of life. Scripture illuminates that Christ is the way, the truth and the “life”. Scripture states that he is Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. He himself said his words are spirit, which is the very thing I’m desiring to pursue. So, he is spirit, his words are spirit and he dwells in the spirit realm. It’s not that big of a leap in faith here to then see that the tree of life, is Christ, who is the gate, as he himself stated as well.

The other tree is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The tree of judgments. The tree of reasoning. And then there’s the serpent. The serpent is not in the garden, but only in the tree of knowledge. If the tree of life is the gateway into the spirit, the tree of knowledge is then the gateway into the natural. And the natural realm is “governed” by the serpent. What we then need to see is, who is the serpent? He’s described again in Revelation as a dragon, but specifically addressed as that “old serpent” and “the devil” and “satan” all in the same verse in Revelation 12.

In Genesis 3, God explains to Eve that there is now a dividing line being placed between she and the serpent. The same language used here as in Paul’s statement when referring to our mind. There is “enmity” present. The evidence of this is again where Paul talks about this inner wrestling that takes place when he does things he knows he shouldn’t, and doesn’t do things he knows he should. It’s the carnality in us that we wrestle with so often.

It’s not demons and imps that we wrestle with. It’s our own nature. Our own carnality within us. It’s all connected to the power of our minds. The serpent in the tree of knowledge, is carnality in the natural realm, it’s carnalism in the mind of man. That’s who satan is in Revelation and everywhere else in Scripture. The “messengers” that the church has embraced to be fallen angels is simply the carriers of carnality. Which, if we’re walking in the flesh, is us. If we’re walking in the spirit, we’re angels of light.

The passage about satan coming as an angel of light, we just brushed by the Scripture connecting to that when we were talking about those thinking they have light in them that is actually darkness. What is it you suppose has convinced them that the darkness is light? If you answered with satan as tradition depicts him, I’d have to say you’re off the mark a bit. But if you see that it is your mind that has deceived you, then I’d say that now, we’re getting somewhere.

So, I pray we now can see and embrace the fact that life is the gateway into the spirit, knowledge is the gateway into the natural. I also find it interesting that once the deed was done, only the tree of life is mentioned to still be existing. The tree of knowledge seems to have vanished. But the reason for that is because Adam and Eve entered into it. It was still there, it just consumed them. I’m going to touch on this again at the end of the book, but because we’ve referred to this as much as we already have, Here’s the passage that affirms what I’ve been seeing when it comes to men and trees.

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Revelation Calls For Faith, Information Requires Proof
So “in” this tree was the serpent. The serpent was no where else in the garden, only in “this” tree. We assume the serpent had access to the whole garden. But that’s because we’re reading with our minds and not our hearts. Scripture is all about symbolism, allegories, metaphors, principles and patterns. We get into trouble when we try to “prove” things that are intended to be received only by faith.

That’s another difference between revelation and information. Revelation comes by way of believing what you can’t see. Information comes by way of believing what you “can” see. The serpent was not in any other tree in the garden. Only in knowledge. The serpent is representing carnality, and carnality is only in the realm of the natural things. Carnality is the governing factor of the natural realm. That is why we’re instructed to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. When we walk in the flesh, we expose our ‘self” which is the dust upon which the serpent thrives as was what God stated in Genesis 3.

As I stated earlier, in Revelation, the book, this serpent goes from a snake to a dragon. It’s enlarged in size and power. We have taken a pagan belief and adopted it as our own by propagating the belief that satan is an evil source of power set out to destroy man because man was made in God’s image and satan is jealous of man and mad at God. Carnality was just a serpent in the garden, but because we’ve fed it our attention and energy, it’s grown into the dragon Revelation speaks of.

Carnality is Our Egyptian Ruler
And as a result, the carnal mind within us reigns supreme because we blame the devil for the darkness around us and in us. And because we blame the devil, we don’t take authority over our mind. When all the while, it’s our mind that has been the culprit all along. I promise you, when you submit your mind to your spirit, you will find this satan will mysteriously vanish as well. Bring your mind into submission to your spirit, you’ll bring the power of satan down as well because they are one and the same thing. If you feed into the power of your carnality, you will become consumed “by” that same carnalism, regardless of what church you go to.

Let’s just take a closer look at this serpent. It opens in Genesis 3 about the fact that the serpent is the most cunning of beasts, above all other beasts of the field. You do realize don’t you that Scripture also states man is a beast? The mark of the beast is not a demonic symbol, Revelation tells you exactly what it is, it is the mark of “man”. The number “6” is the number of man. When the number is in threes such as 666, it’s simply depicting the finality of what it’s representing. The completion. The pinnacle. The carnal man at his most powerful and fullness state, has still fallen short.

The most subtle thing is the mind of man. Think about it, if snakes were literally the most subtle of beasts, they’d have dominion over man . . and every other beast of the field. But they simply don’t. There may be a certain breed of snake that has powerful venom or crushing strength, but that’s not what Scripture just said. Scripture says it’s more “subtle” than any other creature. Venom and strength is not what being subtle is. The definition for it is crafty and sneaky. That is the characteristics of a carnal nature. It’s always looking for a way to gain the upper hand by trickery and deceit.

Interesting thing about this word describing the serpents nature. It’s only used two other times in all of Scripture. Don’t you find that interesting? One of those two times was used to describe a friend who developed a scheme so he could rape his sister. And the other only time its ever used again is in Proverbs.

Proverbs 7
1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
5That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
6For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
7And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
8Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
9In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
10And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtle of heart.
11(She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:
12Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
13So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
14I have peace offerings with me; this day have I paid my vows.
15Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
16I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
17I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
18Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
19For the good man is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
20He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
22He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
23Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
24Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
25Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
26For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
27Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death

I’ve posted the entire chapter because I want you to read it slowly more than once. Take under consideration the things I’ve said about the serpent, about the characteristics and take special note of verse ten. That is the thread that connects the serpent in Genesis with this “strange woman” as Solomon wrote. In the literal sense, I’m sure he was writing this to one of his actual sons, warning them about the traps and snares of seductive women that would mess up life for him should he indulge in them. That’s the first dimension.

And yes, we the church should also apply the moral values of such a lesson in our own life and not get ourselves caught up in fleshly pleasures with casual intimacies for the sole purpose of self gratification. That’s the second dimension.

But “in me” there are seductive thoughts and images that have the same temptations in them because my mind is the most subtle beast within the field of my nature. And should I in my ignorance give in to her seductive ways, it doesn’t have to be just about sexual prowess in me, the church has many, many dark alleys where some very questionable dealings transpire in the hearts of many godly men. And that’s my point. This word “subtle” is only used three times in all of scripture.

One deals with incest, which is perverted intimacy, another deals with the seductive nature of a harlot, which is perverted intimacy, and then the other is just talking about a crafty snake? I seriously don’t think so. I believe they are all connected. Their source is the nature of the fallen man within them. And “that” is who satan is. When we allow ourselves to become intimate with our carnal nature, rather than having renewed minds, we instead walk with whoring minds. We let every carnal thought have control of our most inner and intimate thoughts.

Don’t you find it interesting that the moment God began to unveil the nature of Jesus to Peter and the others, that Jesus was right on top of it, making sure we knew the difference between God’s revelation of truth as opposed to the teachings from flesh and blood? But when Peter got out of line, Jesus didn’t point out that it was the devil talking to him now. Jesus didn’t blame satan for Peter’s blindness, he blamed Peter because Peter had the authority to take captive those thoughts of fear, death and defense and he chose to let them captivate him instead.

That’s what was going on in the garden when Jesus told Eve that she would “desire” after her husband but that he would “rule” over her. That word “desire” is another curious word. In the middle of what appears to be God handing down judgments (according to the traditional teachings) God slips in the fact that Eve will be gaga over Adam? That just doesn’t fit with everything else that’s happening. And if that were to be the case, then why doesn’t God say that Adam will return that adoration? Because instead of Adam returning adoration, he will instead “rule” over her.

Incidentally, if you go into the next chapter and find the conversation between God and Cain, you’ll see the same language used there as well. But with Cain, it is “sin” that desires after him, and yet, as was with Adam, he would “rule” over it as well. Even though it’s clear that this didn’t’ happen. If Cain ruled over sin, he wouldn’t have ever killed his brother. But the point is, both Cain and Adam were equipped to rule. And again, if you see this to mean that man is to rule over a woman, you’re reading it through natural reasoning.

Spiritually, Adam signifies the spirit and Eve signifies the soul. Its as 2 Corinthians states, our spirit is to “take captive” the thoughts of our minds. Carnality deceived our minds and because the mind of man “fed” the spirit of man the fruit from that tree, man’s realm could no longer be intertwined with God’s. It was as God stated, the day Adam ate of the fruit of the natural realm, he was separated from the realm of the spirit. “Separate” is the definition for death. Jesus’ purpose was to reconnect that separation between man and God.

The church has embraced this belief that satan is this king of evil waiting around every corner to devour us the minute we’re not looking. This isn’t about the freedom in Christ, this is about the control of death. “Don’t dare be caught looking the other way, because if you do, your done. Satans got you and all we can do now is pray for you.” What happened to the good news?

What God Removes From Us, He Replaces “For” us
Now, already, I know that by taking the doctrine of satan down, it’s going to raise tons of questions. But here’s something I want you to think about. Every question you have and will have, will always have an answer. Answers to spiritual truth don’t come by way of explanations and word definitions, it comes the same way the “Truth” came to you, it comes by way of God revealing those answers to you. But you need to meditate on things a while and give the Lord the opportunity to reveal those things to you before you get all defensive. All the while, be willing to lay down what you thought you already had figured out. Remember, truth doesn’t need to be defended.

If you feel strongly that you need to defend what you believe. The fact that your belief needs a defense indicates that your belief probably didn’t come from the Father either. Relationship doesn’t need a defense. Jesus doesn’t need a defense. Peter tried more than once to defend Jesus from the elements and every time, he got rebuked for it. Try not to take offense to what I’m saying about satan. I know this may not be all that easy because until now, there’s never been a question about these things. But until now, the Sabbath day had not arrived in us either. Everything looks completely different when you enter into an ascended position.

Have you ever struck up a relationship with someone who you didn’t actually “see”? It could be over the phone, email, through old fashioned, hand-written letters even. As we read what another writes, our minds create an image of that person, even though we’ve never actually met them in person. And how many times, when the day of meeting them comes, and we just shake our heads in bewilderment because they look like nothing we expected. I see the church doing the same thing with the nature of God. We are so sure we “know” what God’s nature looks like that we can actually become judges and proclaim to others as to who is godly and who is not.

Granted, there are some obvious characteristics of God that an infant could detect. But I sense that the church’s view of God is not the actual nature of God at all. And when you start trying to share any revelations of God that he has given you, because it’s such a contrast of the image they’ve already established in their foundational doctrines, they’ve painted themselves into that proverbial corner to where they “can’t” change direction because their belief system holds them in bondage. It is the mind of man that desires after the control of power in man. Once that’s achieved, only the presence of the Lamb can liberate them and bring them into the freedom of the kingdom.

We always want more and more of Jesus, but when that opportunity comes, we raise our defenses against the message coming with more of him, instead of truly embracing spiritual tunnel vision of Christ and him alone. It’s not nearly as complicated as the doctrines have made it up to be. Your mind is the adversary against God. But when Christ is in you, he realigns the order in you. That’s why that last supper was so important. It symbolizes Christ “in” man by way of consuming his flesh and drinking his blood. Life is in the blood.

Jesus Tempted by “Satan”
When Jesus went into the wilderness to be tempted by “satan”. Do you really think the king of evil has ANYTHING that Jesus would really be tempted to want? Seriously? The Son of God whose desire is to do nothing but please the Father, would secretly have another desire that the greatest enemy of God could actually “tempt” him with? The nature of Jesus is grace, mercy and love. Which one of those characteristics of Jesus does the religious system’s perspective of satan actually have the power to tempt? Can you tempt mercy? Can you tempt grace?

To tempt someone is to have something that they’d desire on some level, and entice them with it. If you can tell me what satan has that could possibly entice mercy, grace and love, then “maybe” I’d give credence to the idea that this evil imp could actually do that. But like the rest of these religious idolistic (not sure this is a real word, did you make it up?) Smile doctrines the church embraces, for me the most this doctrine of satan can do is support the imagination of men, nothing more.

Seeing The Other Side
BUT, if you read this satan to be the adversary within us. Did Jesus have that? Well, the only way to pass through the tree of knowledge into the realm of the flesh, is to be born with a carnal nature in you as well. If you are born in the flesh, flesh is in you. That’s the result of Adam’s demise. Because he chose to live in knowledge, we’re born in the curse as well. So yes, absolutely, Jesus had a carnal nature in him as well.

And that’s what he was talking to when he called Peter satan. And when he went into the wilderness for forty days and nights, it was his carnality that took him into solitaire to tempt him, but with what power? Powers, authorities and principalities are the very same things that the blood of the Lamb now enables us to overcome These are manifestations of the carnality from within. Carnality in the spirit is like cancer in the flesh. It has the same devouring, destructive characteristics to the church as cancer does to a body of flesh.

But it was this adversary nature in him that tempted him. It was the spirit that drove him into the wilderness not to gain power, but to kill his nature. For 30 years he grew up learning about his purpose, but the time came for his identity as a carpenter’s son to die. And the only place for that was in the wilderness, away from the influence of friends, family and even enemies. There was only one purpose for his escape into the isolation of the land, and that was to put an end to himself.

Talk Is Cheap
When Jesus was in the wilderness, did you notice the change that transpired? He went from quoting what he knew, to exercising who he was! During the first two approaches, all he did was quote scripture at his mind. But the third time, he took authority by making the command to come into alignment, and, he did it “in” the Word. He quoted a verse, but he did it through engaging the authority in him. To tell satan to get behind him, is having your spirit take your thoughts into captivity. Scripture truly does interpret itself when it’s rightly divided.

Only the Word of God can divide soul from spirit, and that’s what we see happening. When Jesus came in the flesh, he had carnal flesh tempting him just as everyone else. But when he gave the order of alignment, it states that satan left him “for a season”. It’s interesting that the weaknesses we have also have seasons. There are times when they’re so intense and we can hardly think about anything else but that one area. Then it leaves us for a season.

Do you think that was the only time in Jesus’ entire ministry where he was tempted? Do you think that he was tempted again? If so, why doesn’t scripture indicate the return of satan? It leaves the door open by saying he left for only a season. Think about this because it is connected to the same satan in revelation who is bound for a thousand years, but then released again.

Let’s just throw out some stuff on the table right now and see where it goes from there. For one have you ever asked yourself who your worst enemy is? The answer is the same for everyone. And it’s not some invisible evil lurking in the shadows. My worst enemy is my “self”. All my “self” cares about is “me”. It’s all about “me” and what can “I” get out of this or that. How much is this going to cost “me”.

I Am My Worst Enemy
When you come into the kingdom, the first thing the Holy Spirit lays on you is, it’s not about you. Jesus even said that without him, we are nothing. In other words, without love in me, without grace being extended to me, without mercy being granted to me, I would be nothing. Why? Because I’m my worst enemy. If I left me up to my ‘self” for light and life, I wouldn’t even get out of the gate because my soul does not have the ability to produce life, light, or love. My soul is nothing but a womb at best. Without life being planted in me, I would have no life at all.

My mind is controlled by natural things, both things seen and things invisible. I believe God created this earth with all the characteristics of a human. The moon affects the tides of the ocean. But it also affects our energy, our aura as well. We call them mood swings. Some days are good, some days not so much. Some days it affects us a little, some days it affects us a lot. Depression originates in one’s mind. Ulcers manifest due to the worry of one’s mind. The mind is the most powerful organ in the human body. It can bring health or it can cause sickness.

Realm of Life, To Realm of Death
That’s how God created man. He gave me a living soul. Notice that? The soul is another word for your mind, and I’ve just gone at length to tell you your mind is your worst enemy and yet scripture says God breathed his breath into Adam and he became a living soul. What happened? God told Adam if he ate of the tree of knowledge he would die. Do you know what death is? Death simply means “separation” When God breathed into Adam, his soul and his spirit were united as one. That’s how he could walk with God in the spirit, he was predominantly spirit himself. But when Adam walked into the natural realm, his mind became a separate entity from his spirit. Why?

Because in this realm, the natural is visible and spirit becomes invisible. I sense I need to add a reminder here of the importance to receive seed of the spirit by faith. Not just believing in what you don’t see, but also accepting what you don’t understand. Put these things on the backburner of your heart and let them simmer, but try not to flatly reject these things. They are the groundwork for what God is going to do in all of us.

I’ll say it again, in this realm, natural is dominant, it’s what’s visible, and spirit is invisible. But I believe, in the spirit, it’s reversed to where the natural realm is secondary in vision and in power to the spiritual. Spirit is not governed by time. Everything in the spirit realm is in the finished state. That’s why you can see the end from the beginning. It’s all complete and whole. In the natural, it’s simply mimicking what’s in the spiritual, but it’s governed by time and the natural laws. Everything is at a current state rather than a finished one.

In Two Places At Once?
The whole point here is, Jesus left the finished state to establish a new foundation in the current state of men so that we can actually occupy both realms at the same time. That’s what is so profound about that 120 year decree. The Old Testament folks didn’t have the same opportunity as the New Testament folks. And “this” generation is the first one to come into an even a greater experience in Christ in that this is the first generation to see the closing of the days of labor and a resurrection of the Sabbath day. Rest will reign supreme before all is said and done.

But because we’re so accustomed to living according to labor, the change of venue becomes an obstacle rather than a key into freedom. All the doctrines we’ve embraced were born in the days of labor. That’s why change is coming, because the Day of the Sabbath does not operate in the same confines of the days of labor.

And viewing satan as an evil being is one of those things that has kept the church from finding the true freedom in Christ. I’m not trying to get you to accept a cult. I’m trying to get you to finally be free in Christ. It’s still about Christ. Always was always will be. It’s just that the perception of Christ is changing everyday in us. And each change is releasing more freedom to be Christ in this realm and release the power in his kingdom to the people still living in the natural one.

Seeing satan as the carnality in me, also clears up the argument the Pharisees were having with Jesus when they said he was satan casting out satan. His message was, it wasn’t satan that they were reacting to, it was the Sabbath. Now, give that some thought. Jesus is “the Sabbath”. We established this earlier. But the Sabbath is all about what? Rest. We release and bind “from” the position of Rest. And what is the source of carnality? Labor! Labor is always in adversity against Rest.

Incidentally, when you read that passage about satan casting out satan, did you know that it’s not intended to be taken literally? Scripture tells us he was talking about a parable.

Mark 3:23
And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

It was a principle Jesus was trying to establish, not a doctrine on satan. The truth is, whenever you leave anything up to a carnal mind, division and death will occur. Your mind isn’t about to cast out your mind. Carnality will never cast out carnality. But when you have a room full of people living in the flesh, division and contention is inevitable.

Ministries are built on labor. “But we need to have those committees and conventions to build up encouragement in the labor camps. If we didn’t, people would get burned out doing the ministry.” That’s why pursuing the Rest in Christ is so important. The ministries are still tended to by those growing up in the faith. Ministries are very necessary to the church, and the church is still very necessary to the body. That’s never been the issue. The issue is the effectiveness of the church in reproducing Christ as a body. It’s not happening. There will be a flare up revival here and there, but none of them seem to be able to sustain.

Denominations have even birthed from revivals with the intent on keeping the revival alive. Are we so confident in our doctrines that we think we’re the ones responsible for bringing the revival or even sustaining it? If you want to have a revival, come into the alignment with the Father. But it’s going to require of you submitting your mind to your spirit in the process. You want to sustain the revival? Seriously? Do you think you have it in you to sustain the presence of God?

Let me be blunt about this revival fire. God’s fire never goes out. It’s an ever lasting fire. If God is an everlasting fire, then why is it that all these revival flare-ups we see eventually fade away again and again? Have you ever heard of the strange fire offered up to God in the Old Testament? It was at the most celebrative moment in the history of Israel as they had just completed the building of the original tabernacle and the glory of God came to them in a most dramatic way. “In” that celebrating, two sons of Aaron got carried away and filled their censers, little firepots that burned incense, and they burned it with a strange fire.

Leviticus 10
1-2 That same day Nadab and Abihu, Aaron's sons, took their censers, put hot coals and incense in them, and offered "strange" fire to GOD—something GOD had not commanded. Fire blazed out from GOD and consumed them—they died in GOD's presence. 3 Moses said to Aaron, "This is what GOD meant when he said, To the one who comes near me, I will show myself holy; Before all the people, I will show my glory." Aaron was silent.

There were two fires manifesting here. But only one fire was the eternal one. So what does that say about our revivals? Are they of God? Personally, I think the spark of every revival was ordained by God. He loves to visit his people at any and every opportunity he can. But the problems come when the church tries to govern and intertwine that visitation in with their existing doctrines and systems. They make doctrines out of the visitations and it morphs into another denominational separation.

To come near to God, is to become intimate with God. God needs no defense and he certainly needs no maintenance. But that’s just what we do, we get singed with his fire in visitation, then we cultivate a fire that looks similar in appearance, but not in sustenance. We try to copy the emotion, and effects of the true visitation and the moment we do that, we begin carrying the strange fire. One that will eventually burn itself out. It’s no longer the original fire that was ushered in by God, it is now a fire cultivated by men. We can light a fire in anyone, once we get good at emotionally charging the listeners. But the evidence is in the duration. And we’ve yet to see a fire of God burn without ceasing of its own accord.

So what’s the answer? I believe it’s in the belief system of men. God didn’t intend to establish a religion or belief system. He intended to establish a relationship. Revivals can not be sustained in the current church system of operation today. It’s not going to work in a program oriented mindset. The fire that sustains itself is in the alignment of relationship. We need to have spiritual fathers who can pass down spiritual inheritance to their spiritual sons. This isn’t about men omitting women. In the spirit there is neither male or female. We are all sons of God, and we are all the bride of Christ.

But spiritual alignment in everything natural, is key to everything spiritual to manifest its dominion. In other words, when the alignment in me as an individual is in proper order, being, spirit, soul, and body, then the flow of his anointing in me will manifest. And when the alignment in us as a corporate body is proper, in that there is no boundaries being formed by our minds and there is a Father/son order in the church, only then will we see these visitations of God continue to sustain themselves without the attempts of men trying to fan the flames.

And before you jump into the judgment bandwagon on that idea, let me add that God’s fire doesn’t consume people, it consumes the carnality in people. God is not out to destroy men. He created us in his image. Why on earth would he choose to destroy his very image? “Because if you don’t ask Jesus into your heart, you’ll go to hell . . “ Really? I think it’s time to move to the next idol in the religious system. Let’s talk about hell.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum