APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebot76 intro

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ebot76 intro on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Ebot76

Thanks for allowing me into your forum. I have already read many posts as a guest and they are refreshing and eye opening. I'm impressed with the openness and sharing and it's what I didn't know I was searching for but was very glad to find!
My background: I grew up in a non-denominational church where my family was heavily involved (exclusive of my Dad). It was all fine and good until I hit around 18 and started making some "unacceptable" choices. It was then that I saw the extreme judgement and gossip that drove me away from the traditional "church family".
After I was married with my first child I went back (to another traditional church, not the same one) partly due to family pressure to raise my daughter "the right way" and partly because I knew something was missing. It was on and off. Then I had my son and tried another church. Still on and off. There was nothing keeping me there so I gave up and only went on Easter, Christmas, etc. it's still that way today.
Then, I met your "fisherman" (Todd), when he became my boss. I Iistened and observed him for a couple of years, what he was saying, how he was, etc and my opinion of him changed from:
"Is this guy just so much smarter than I am that I don't get it? Or is he just a little off the deep end?"
(Of course I was the one off my rocker, only I didn't know it at the time. Smile )

To:
"This guy is so full of spiritual wisdom, not at all judgmental, good hearted, kind person. How can I keep picking his brain to get better understanding?"

So I have him to thank for introducing me to this forum as well as back to a "real" relationship experience with God. I am anxious to keep reading posts and asking questions to get more of the same insight!

2 Re: Ebot76 intro on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

LindaY

Welcome Brooke!! We are so glad you're here! cheers Like you, I'm seeking and learning. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask for help.

Blessings to you!
LindaY

3 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Welcome Brooke, so glad your here too!!

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

cross-eyed

I'm excited for you!! So glad you're joining us on our unimaginable journey. And being in the deep end really isn't a bad thing . . .my head can't comprehend half of it, but it' still not a bad thing!! Welcome aboard!

5 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Welcome, Brooke! BTW, you're not off your rocker. Todd is definitely swimming in the deep end of the pool.

6 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Ebot76

Aww, I feel so bad! I didn't intend to give Todd a hard time...he just made me realize how closed minded I was and helped me to be more open minded. He is great and I'm thankful.
Sorry Todd! Only the best intentions Wink

7 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

He knows, just like he knows I WAS trying to give him a hard time. He has definitely earned my affection.

8 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:47 pm

cross-eyed

Ebot76 wrote:Aww, I feel so bad! I didn't intend to give Todd a hard time...he just made me realize how closed minded I was and helped me to be more open minded. He is great and I'm thankful.
Sorry Todd! Only the best intentions Wink

You're not alone here at all Brooke . . .Todd is not one to pat himself on the back so I'll do it for him. He is held in very high esteem by all here who know him. He allowed God to use him in birthing me into these kindgom truths as well . . .seems to be a pattern there, eh?

One thing I do remember back then though, I knew he was purposefully holding back in sharing with me everything and it made me impatient. We were kind of like that picture you see now and then where a guy takes a dog out for a walk, but the dog spends the entire time trying to drag the guy along. That's what I felt like with Todd . . . I knew his understanding was vast and deep . . . and at the time, I wanted to "learn" all that he knew . . .which was the problem.

Spiritual truth can't be taught or learned . . .it can only be experienced. That's what makes this a "personal" relationship with the Father. It makes my relationship "unique" to anyone else's and at the same time, it "allows" me to LET others have their own personal relationship as well. This isn't about everybody being in agreement. If you've read all the conversations, you'll find that we don't agree exactly the same, but we've actually been able to continue to embrace each other along with the differences because . . .relationship is greater than religion. Very Happy

I still look at Todd's gift in awe. In fact there was a conversation just yesterday I think about knowing when to be reserved and when to be released. I'm still trying to exercise the reserve part . . .I have no problems with the releasing! I've been a pastor for 9 years before stepping down. I released as soon as I received . . .broke out in hives if I didn't. So this "reserving" thing is a little harder for me. flower

9 Re: Ebot76 intro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

LindaY

If you've read all the conversations, you'll find that we don't agree exactly the same, but we've actually been able to continue to embrace each other along with the differences because . . .relationship is greater than religion.

What a truth written in these few lines! And, that very thing brings so much peace. Smile

10 Re: Ebot76 intro on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 am

Long2JC

Welcome Brooke,

One thing to be aware of. Going into the deep often times requires that you run out of air to keep your life in existence. Don’t worry, go ahead and drown to yourself. The Holy Spirit will fill you up with the real breathe of life.

A side note to Nathan about those hives things. The Holy Spirit has an ointment for them. Linda and I can come over and you can release to us. sunny

11 Re: Ebot76 intro on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Ebot76

Thanks for the welcome. I'm ready to dive in!

12 Re: Ebot76 intro on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am

todosan

Now its my turn to embarrass Brooke a little. Please suffer this introduction.

Brooke has been the most amazing person I have met in the last two years, with the possible exception of David. LOL

But seriously, I must tell you that she was holding down the fort here at work, which at the time was an impossible job. She was amazing, and from a skill level, she was second to none. I am not easily impressed by people, but Brooke impressed me way beyond measure. She is held in very high regard across the organization.

BUT, and there is always a but (those who know me know I am just being dramatic)

BUT, a couple of time I tried to breech the subjects discussd here with Brooke and it just felt not time. I had this sneaking suspicion that God was calling her out to a higher place and that's all I knew.

In time, the daily events (and there were many) led us to talk more about the reasons behind the events. All my suspicions were true !!! Brooke truly has a depth that I have rarely witnessed in a person and I know now she has that same standard that we all share. I don't think she would ever settle for anything less than the genuine. Glory.

I hope there is an opportunity someday that we can all meet together. I know you all will enjoy her fellowship.

13 Ebot on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 am

Hibbs

Just noticed this thread...after replying to Brooke's post. My wife April is sort of hidden...doesn't write much but has been saying it sure would be nice to get together in person. We can get to know much through sharing from the heart, but that pales in comparison to gathering together in one place.

Also, Jeremy is in the process of joining the forum. I have been saying to him for several months how I would like for him to meet Todd as I see so many of the same qualities in them both. There is definitely something afoot.

14 Re: Ebot76 intro on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am

Ebot76

Ok, Todd. Turnabout is fair play. I am sufficiently embarrassed now Wink but, seriously, all it was was survival mode kicking in.
My predisposition to be genuine in business has never been seen as a good thing, but Todd helped me to become comfortable with that and not care what other people think. It's really freeing.
Hibbs, I hope you're right and we can get together in person soon. I'd love to meet you all face to face!

15 Re: Ebot76 intro on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:35 pm

cross-eyed

I just came across a quote in the past week or so by the likes of Ben Franklin . . .they said that another person's perception of me is none of my business. Thumped me right between the eyes, it did.

16 Re: Ebot76 intro on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 am

kpaulus

Welcome Brooke! This is definately a place to rest! Smile
Blessings,
Karen

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum