APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free from the Law

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Free from the Law on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Long2JC

avatar
1) Free from the law;

(Old Testament) The purpose of the Law was to make us realize that we cannot fulfill spiritual integrity on our own. The Holy Spirit was not released fully upon man until Christ was transfigured and returned to His Father. So the Law established written instruction in place of the leading of the Holy Spirit we experience today. To me the Ten Commandments were really sign posts that indicated that something was wrong in your spiritual alignment if you were not fulfilling them. So if you were not fulfilling the Law then you should be going before God and asking what needed to happen. In other words the Law was to draw man’s focus back onto spiritual matters. However, man being who he is, sought to take the easy road and follow only the literal meaning of the Law. Man also found a way to elevate himself in stature by making himself the authority so people would be afraid not to believe what he said and did instead of being a humble conduit through which God moved. Please understand that there were many great servants of God that acted appropriately, but at the same time there were some who were placed in places of responsibility who did not have the character to walk out their duties.

The Law also provides insight as to the Nature of God. Since God was separated from direct relationship with man because of Adam’s fall He could not reveal Himself directly to an individual in the intimate relationship we can have today.

Having said all of that, we are free from having to fulfill the Law because Christ fulfilled the Law. He did not remove the Law, He fulfilled it.


Mathew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

(Therefore (vs. 20) your obedience to the demands of God must be a far more abiding obedience than that given by those who teach and interpret that Law.”)


When we are in spiritual alignment all of the Laws are fulfilled through Christ in whom we abide.

We need to have an understanding of our human nature to see things more clearly. Man does not feel safe and secure unless he knows what the boundaries are. That is one of the reasons the Jews kept asking God to appoint Judges to decide matters here on earth. Our minds need to have distinct data for it to make a decision that it has control of. If it does not have distinct data it then looks for the parameters of the issue so it can make a decision if it is within or out of the parameters. If it does not have the parameters it will seek someone who can give it the parameters. At this point it doesn’t matter if the parameters are right or wrong, it is satisfied that it can make a decision and it can place the accountability on the other person. These boundaries are what most organizations and church are made from. If you agree with the boundaries you will be a part of the group. If you disagree within the group you will then make others feel unsafe and when they feel unsafe they think they are threatened.

Boundaries and parameters are not bad things. Creation is full of them. It’s the fact that man’s nature has decided to use them as points of control and interference. Man’s nature has made us fearful of going outside the boundaries as a point of control.

I said all of this just to explain that we were made free from striving to fulfill the law by our own efforts. Christ has already fulfilled them for us and as we walk with Him we will find that our nature is changed so we to are automatically fulfilling the laws intent by the new life that we live.

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

2 SLAVES TO THE TRADITIONS OF MEN on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm

AmeriKen

avatar
As I came out of the traditional church, and began to see the truth as it is in Christ, I was nearly convulsive. Those meetings of the past, the revivals, the praises, the testimonies - they had changed for me. What had seemed to be sufficient, became like "wormwood" which poisoned those those former fountains that seemed to flow so freely in the past.

The carnal mind is very religious. The doctrines, ceremonies, rituals, etc. are all contrivances of the carnal mind. No wonder that Paul had to admonish the Galatian church:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? ... Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"

"So the Pharisees and teachers of religious law asked him, "Why don't your disciples follow our age-old customs? For they eat without first performing the hand-washing ceremony."6Jesus replied, "You hypocrites! Isaiah was prophesying about you when he said, 7`These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away Their worship is a farce, for they replace God's commands with their own man-made teachings.' 8For you ignore God's specific laws and substitute your own traditions."9Then he said, "You reject God's laws in order to hold on to your own traditions.10For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: `Honor your father and mother,' and `Anyone who speaks evil of father or mother must be put to death.'11But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, `Sorry, I can't help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I could have given to you.'12You let them disregard their needy parents.13As such, you break the law of God in order to protect your own tradition. And this is only one example. There are many, many others." Mark 7:5-13

I'm so glad that we can have peace and rest in Jesus Christ. I look around at people who are so busy in their churches, but no peace within.


AmeriKen

3 Re: Free from the Law on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

Guest


Guest
AmeriKen wrote:What had seemed to be sufficient, became like "wormwood" which poisoned those those former fountains that seemed to flow so freely in the past.AmeriKen

Have you ever reflected on the parable of the mustard seed? Here is one thing the Lord has shown me in that parable. It may just be one level of understanding, but I believe it is relevant. Jesus likened the kingdom of heaven to a mustard seed. Small seed, growing up into a large tree and the birds of the air hiding in its branches. What you are unlikely (I think) to hear from the pulpit is that Jesus was warning us what was about to happen with His church. A mustard seed is NOT supposed to grow into a large tree. As far as I know, mustard plants have always been about the height of a man, give or take, probably even in Goliath's time. The kingdoms that men have built for themselves in these religious orders and 401(c)3 corporations are not for us, the overcomers. And the birds of the air? In biblical prophesy these have always represented unclean spirits. Can you see it? There are plenty of places to nest and hide and be shaded in the church these days . . .

4 Re: Free from the Law on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 pm

LindaY


DavidHarreld wrote:
AmeriKen wrote:What had seemed to be sufficient, became like "wormwood" which poisoned those those former fountains that seemed to flow so freely in the past.AmeriKen

Have you ever reflected on the parable of the mustard seed? Here is one thing the Lord has shown me in that parable. It may just be one level of understanding, but I believe it is relevant. Jesus likened the kingdom of heaven to a mustard seed. Small seed, growing up into a large tree and the birds of the air hiding in its branches. What you are unlikely (I think) to hear from the pulpit is that Jesus was warning us what was about to happen with His church. A mustard seed is NOT supposed to grow into a large tree. As far as I know, mustard plants have always been about the height of a man, give or take, probably even in Goliath's time. The kingdoms that men have built for themselves in these religious orders and 401(c)3 corporations are not for us, the overcomers. And the birds of the air? In biblical prophesy these have always represented unclean spirits. Can you see it? There are plenty of places to nest and hide and be shaded in the church these days . . .

There is a passage of scripture in the OT that He speaks of running all of them out from under the shadow of the tree. I can't remember where it is now. I will try to find that and see if it fits here. Sure reminds me of that though. I'm thinking it could be in Isaiah. That fits with what I was seeing the other day. Over and over I kept hearing, it's time to come out of the shadows into the light. I know that is what it means for me personally because there were parts of the law that I was still trying to hang on to and that's not possible. It wasn't something I was consciously aware of but, I found that I was in a certain area of my life.

I thought I had been set free from all of that but I know that is what has been happening to me by trying to even fill one portion of it on my own. He has done that. We can't do it.



Last edited by LindaY on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional comment)

5 Re: Free from the Law on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 am

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
LindaY wrote:
DavidHarreld wrote:
AmeriKen wrote:What had seemed to be sufficient, became like "wormwood" which poisoned those those former fountains that seemed to flow so freely in the past.AmeriKen

Have you ever reflected on the parable of the mustard seed? Here is one thing the Lord has shown me in that parable. It may just be one level of understanding, but I believe it is relevant. Jesus likened the kingdom of heaven to a mustard seed. Small seed, growing up into a large tree and the birds of the air hiding in its branches. What you are unlikely (I think) to hear from the pulpit is that Jesus was warning us what was about to happen with His church. A mustard seed is NOT supposed to grow into a large tree. As far as I know, mustard plants have always been about the height of a man, give or take, probably even in Goliath's time. The kingdoms that men have built for themselves in these religious orders and 401(c)3 corporations are not for us, the overcomers. And the birds of the air? In biblical prophesy these have always represented unclean spirits. Can you see it? There are plenty of places to nest and hide and be shaded in the church these days . . .

There is a passage of scripture in the OT that He speaks of running all of them out from under the shadow of the tree. I can't remember where it is now. I will try to find that and see if it fits here. Sure reminds me of that though. I'm thinking it could be in Isaiah. That fits with what I was seeing the other day. Over and over I kept hearing, it's time to come out of the shadows into the light. I know that is what it means for me personally because there were parts of the law that I was still trying to hang on to and that's not possible. It wasn't something I was consciously aware of but, I found that I was in a certain area of my life.

I thought I had been set free from all of that but I know that is what has been happening to me by trying to even fill one portion of it on my own. He has done that. We can't do it.

So true, so true. Do you know, that the carnal nature, will even put laws upon you that is even outside of The Word. What I mean by that is, something had happened to me a while back, I won't go into details, but I had no idea, that I put myself under a law of taste not, touch not, handle not, and then found I could not abide by my own rules, because it was not through Faith, but Religion, and therefore it became "sin" to "me" and I found myself outside of His Grace for the first time, in a very, very Dark place. It was horrible, with God all things become New and work together for good.
He finally broke that off me, and because of that LIFE Lesson, I have come to understand the Law and it's purpose like never before. I have come to know it as my "Father, Father, why hast thou forsaken Me" experience, I could not find repentance for a time, appointed, even though I sought it with much tears. But Christ.........If it were not for Him.....You know it's one thing to have been born dead to the Spiritual things, and then come to know them, but To know them, Him, and then have them feel like their gone, it's the most terrifying experience I have ever been through as of yet. But afterwords I so come to Understand and Experience the Fellowship of His sufferings on that Cross, when He had always been with His Father, and then to experience being apart for the First time,.... I feel very privileged to have been a partaker of that moment on the cross with Him. Didn't know it at the time, but I so do Now, it/He became apart of my Nature, that I can become apart of His.

What a Saviour!!!!

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

6 Re: Free from the Law on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 pm

todosan


The Law’s Testimony

I have seen more people crucified over this subject than any other I think. The general argument is around whether or not people need to follow the law today. If the answer is yes, then we open a huge can ‘ o’ worms that cannot be closed again. I have learned to steer clear of this one… but wait.. I can’t resist.

No Christian would agree that it is ok to kill. No Christian would agree it is ok to steal or lie. These things are definitely called out in the Ten Commandments. No argument there. And, our basic civil laws are based on them. It appears that neither jot nor tittle has disappeared yet.

The confusion lies in the fulfillment that Jesus said he was fulfilling. It is the law for the sake of righteousness that has been fulfilled. The other laws are merely in process of being fulfilled.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.


This makes it pretty clear. Those who are in Christ, no longer have the laws requiring a sacrifice applying to them because they already have One. Therefore, the sacrifice of Christ, was the end of the sacrifices, fulfilling Dan 9. Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

Many people might say here, “HEY, WAIT JUST A MINUTE !!! That is yet to come in the middle of the tribulation.” Well, my friends, which part of the seventy weeks remains to be fulfilled in their truest sense? Answer: nothing – it is finished.

So, now we are entered into a new covenant. I ask tons of people what covenant they have with their God. Always a deer in the headlights. No one has ever answered me correctly. NO one. But to those in the inner circle here, I will share with you a well kept secret.

Heb 8:8
Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.


I find this interesting the chapter and verse is 8:8. Father knows what a new beginning really is. By the way, Israel are the ones circumscized of the heart, not the flesh..

The law itself was not done away with, for heaven’s sake !!! It was altered. It was taken from a perspective of rules and regulations, which could not be 100% obeyed, and transformed into a seed, that would grow up within a man to full stature and maturity by transformation.

2 Corinthians 3:3 …clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone (ten commandments) but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

Here is that new covenant again. This is such a great discovery. The law was compulsory. Do good and be blessed, do evil and be cursed. The better covenant provided a way to fulfill the requirements of the law. And the punch line:

Col 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

This is the means to cause us to fulfill the requirements of the law. Christ in you !

This is all weird for us who are technically redeemed, but fail to show it in our outward appearance. The cross is behind, and the redemption lies ahead. Legally we are righteous, but practically, we struggle. First, it has to be recognized as a process. Something that religion refuses to do. But, here it is…

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord
.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (soul), that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God
.

Our transformation occurs by us getting something written on our hearts. The hope of Glory if you will. This is done by beholding Him, who is glory. From glory to glory. From His glory (heaven) to the glory within us (earth) – Sounds like the New Jerusalem doesn’t it? Often people behold other things. Whatever you behold, you become. If it is evil, you will be evil. If it is good, then you will be good. That is why the eye is the window of the soul. If the eye is dark, then the whole body is dark. The other is true also. If you gaze upon the Lord, then He will inhabit you. In this the covenant is exercised.

So the law and prophets testify of Christ until John. Furthermore there are two witnesses in Christ now also, the Father and whom He sent. Pretty much covers both heaven and earth. Like that?

So, the law moves on from being just a rule or regulation. It becomes a prophecy.

The OLD :

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make for yourself a carved image
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor

The NEW:

You won’t have other gods before Me.
You won’t make for yourself a carved image
You won’t take the name of the LORD your God in vain
You will Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
You will Honor your father and your mother
You won’t murder.
You won’t commit adultery.
You won’t steal.
You won’t bear false witness against your neighbor.
You won’t covet your neighbor

All by merely hearing the word and believing. The gateway to your soul through which Christ enters. When I finally understood the new covenant, I rested for the first time in my life.

7 Re: Free from the Law on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Guest


Guest
Todd, thank you for reminding me that I've been doing an awful lot of gazing upon a lot of unprofitable "things." Please consider this admission a solicitation of prayer from my Sisters and Brothers here.

8 Re: Free from the Law on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 pm

cross-eyed

avatar
Old Testament laws emphasize what man must do for God . . .New Testament laws emphasize what God has done in us. I'm sure you've all heard this one . . but I blame Todd, he stirred this pot!! The first 5 commandments are dealing with the relationship between God and man . . .vertical . . .the last 5 commanments are pertaining to the relationship between man and men . . .horizontal and when you overlay the two, you form the cross . . .AGAIN . . . which leads me back to being cross-eyed.

What else . . .something else was pulling on me while I read through that . . .Oh! Writing the laws upon our heart . . .the Peter experience . . .it's the definition of "revelation". God is revealing his laws, his principles, his mysteries upon our hearts.
\
I really tick religious people off when I say this, but I can't help myself, I think I may have already said this in our emails leading up to the formation of this forum. "I don't base my relationship with God upon what Scripture says. I base it upon his Word IN ME . . .his laws upon my heart reveal his nature . .the written word merely affirms what's already been written inwardly.

Oh, one more . . .the 70 weeks . . .I taught on that years ago "before" I was a pastor . . .makes me wince now though. I taught what I was taught to teach. In this case it was the gap theory. That 70 weeks had been set aside for the Jews and 69 of those 70 were fulfilled, but then everything was suspended for the times of the Gentiles . . .then when they get out of the way . . .the clock starts up again and the 70th week becomes the 7 year Tribulation, right after the rapturing of the church.

The logic of that one still bewilders me . . .we're to love our neighbors, yet at the same time, we can't wait to leave them on their own for their own destruction. We're to love our enemies, but then when Jesus comes . . .to hell with all of them! Seriously? That's really the nature of Love?

But I digress . . .it's not just that I no longer beleive the 70 weeks and the rapture aren't connected. But I now see where the 70 weeks fit in. It's right in front of our eyes every time we open the book of Acts and see the emphasis of the gospel to the Jews does a complete 180 and turns it's focus on the Gentiles. It even marks the day the 70 weeks ended . . .

At least for me anyway . . .
It's connected to when Stephen was stoned . . .the "first" martyr. That day, Paul came into the picture and from then on, the message of the gospel diverted from Jews, to Gentiles.

I do believe everything in Scripture literally happened . . .I just don't believe it's where our focus is to be anymore. it's that "when I was a child" philosophy. Any child can read about the stories in Scripture and have some form of understanding . . .but you start messing with the mysteries that lie beneath . . .now you've got a whole other food group you're eating here and it's going to take more than spiritual baby teeth to digest it.

I love how Hebrews 5, at the end of the chapter it talks about milk and meat . . .then at the beginning of chapter 6 it tells us specifically what the milk is and that we're to lay it down because there is so much more beyond that. But everything listed in the milk, are things that just about every church has as it's identity . . .baptisms, salvation, after death stuff . . . it's just ironic.

HEBREWS 5
10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

CHAPTER 6
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.

9 Re: Free from the Law on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:39 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

For me, this means that we do not find our righteousness through the works of the law, we find righteousness in the works of Christ, meaning that we do as Christ did, we love one another, we forgive one another, we have compassion for one another, we have patience with one another and so on.

How I see what is meant that Christ fulfilled the law, the commandments were automatically obeyed (fulfilled) by Him doing these acts of righteousness towards others.

This is what I also see in the first temptation of Christ, turning a stone into bread, turning what is written in stone into our means of being righteous, it was that, that was put to an end, that righteousness does not come from "just" the obedience to the law.

But, when we read that we are not to live on bread alone, we are not righteous by only doing the acts of righteousness (the bread), we are also righteous by obeying every word, every law that proceeds from the mouth of God, which we are also to understand that His promises are law, that they will come to pass.

It is in this that I too, see the Ten Commandments as the promises of the Father, that we will no longer do these things when He has finished His work in us.

I believe that the church (religion) still has yet to come out of the lack of understanding of the first temptation, they are still dead (separated from; blind) to that understanding. But they will be delivered from their blindness by the grace of God and we are to be patient, knowing that God is in control. This is how we can refrain from judging others, by knowing their outcome, as well as our own, we can rest in the assurance of what is to come.

We can tell others that they are blind, but because they say they see (understand) they remain blind. It is the same with us, we can say we understand, but it only takes one revelation by the Father in us that can change our outlook on how we viewed something in the first place, it is the Fathers continuing process in all of us.



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum