APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gethsemane

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gethsemane on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:29 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
God Morning everyone,

I just wanted to share a little bit about this place. Of course we know that Gethsemane means "Oil Press" this alone speaks of The Anointing. But ..... there is so much more here in this "Place" field, that's what that word means, interesting already huh? For the Field is the world.

This is one of the Greatest places in scripture that shows the Redemption of our Soul/Life, our "Will" is involved here.

Ok, right out of the gate we see that it's a Garden and the moment He enters in it, His "Soul" becomes exceedingly Sorrowful, unto Death. Sound familiar? Adam/Soul/Garden?

There are "Three Awakenings" and "Three Deaths" here in this place shown through the "Sleeping Disciples". Notice, they were Sleeping for Sorrow it says. Matt. Wasn't Adam put to sleep? hummmm.

Three times Jesus goes away from them to Pray and comes back to them and finds the Souls "Asleep" and He awakens them and tells them to Watch and Pray, lest they enter into Temptation.
Each time He returns to Pray, He prays the same thing.

Not my will, but thine be done.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Luk 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Can you see what's going on here? He is literally taking on the Will of Adam, (Us). Notice the reference to "Sweat" Great drops of Blood. That is a direct reference to Adam's Curse.

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Sure gives New meaning to the old saying...He shed His Life's Blood for you and Me, doesn't it?

This Blood that was coming forth from His Sweat, was the blood of us all, did you know that in the Hebrew the definition for this is "Dumb blood". To be mute, silent, to stop, cease...etc. To me, This is what He did for us, this is one of the Greatest parts of our Redemption, no longer do we have to follow the will of self, but because He said "Not my will, but thine be done" right there, He overcame the will of man, that rebellious Nature, He took it into Himself and returned it to the Ground through His Sweat, and made it possible for us to follow the will of God. What an Awesome Saviour!!!!

Do you see it?

So I ask, is it really a matter of Free Will? I don't think so, But rather The Grace and Mercy of our Father, through His Son, The Christ.

Oh, one more thing I wanted to note, that when it was accomplished, He came to His disciples and notice what He said. Take your "Rest", Rise let us go. I ask, if this is still meaning to sleep, then why in the next breath did He say Rise let us be going? We shall find "Rest" for our Souls in Him.

Blessings

[b]

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Gethsemane on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Katie-do

I love it! Sis I did find something quite interesting to me. When Jesus said to "watch and pray" lest ye enter into temptation. Now Jesus had told his disciples and those who followed him that repeatedly when He was teaching. I often wondered about that. It was to tell us that we have already been redeemed. But watch and pray, lest ye enter into temptation of the flesh. But yet He in his great love for us, gave us a place to rest. We now have HIM

3 Re: Gethsemane on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Oh yeah, I absolutely agree, that we must be persistent, and continually pressing in. There is always that temptation of the flesh to fall into patterns, but like you said thank God for Christ, for if we do, He also gives us an unction, kinda like,... this is the way walk ye in it, and turns us around.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum