APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Three on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:24 pm

cross-eyed

OVER VIEW
Several major keys to each chapter, not so much verse-by-verse. There are keys in each chapter that give us understanding to what John received from the Lord. Even though the veil in the tabernacle was removed or ripped from top to bottom, in the physical temple, Scripture says there are still veils in the temples of us. (2 Corinthians 3) We may think we understand fully who Jesus is since our conversion, but there is so much more ahead of us that we’ve yet to experience the unveiling of who he is.

Revelation is not an unveiling of cataclysmic events but it is a revelation of who Jesus is. It’s not about nuclear war. What John saw he said it was “at hand. He said it was coming to pass . .that was 2,000 years ago.

“Signified” means “in signs and in symbols”. We’ve attempted to interpret Scripture in literal terms but it’s not intended for this to be interpreted literally, but symbolically. It doesn’t take long into reading Revelation that we see eyes of fire or a lamb full of eyes . these things are not literal, they are symbolic. So we need to understand what the symbols are.

1 Corinthians 2
3I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate--I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it-- 4and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else. But the Message came through anyway. God's Spirit and God's power did it, 5which made it clear that your life of faith is a response to God's power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else. 6We, of course, have plenty of wisdom to pass on to you once you get your feet on firm spiritual ground, but it's not popular wisdom, the fashionable wisdom of high-priced experts that will be out-of-date in a year or so. 7God's wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don't find it lying around on the surface. It's not the latest message, but more like the oldest--what God determined as the way to bring out his best in us, long before we ever arrived on the scene. 8The experts of our day haven't a clue about what this eternal plan is. If they had, they wouldn't have killed the Master of the God-designed life on a cross. 9That's why we have this Scripture text: No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, Never so much as imagined anything quite like it-- What God has arranged for those who love him. 10But you've seen and heard it because God by his Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you.
The Spirit, not content to flit around on the surface, dives into the depths of God, and brings out what God planned all along. 11Who ever knows what you're thinking and planning except you yourself? The same with God--except that he not only knows what he's thinking, 12but he lets us in on it. God offers a full report on the gifts of life and salvation that he is giving us. 13We don't have to rely on the world's guesses and opinions. We didn't learn this by reading books or going to school; we learned it from God, who taught us person-to-person (Spirit to Spirit) through Jesus, and we're passing it on to you in the same firsthand, personal way.

14The unspiritual self, just as it is by nature, can't receive the gifts of God's Spirit. There's no capacity for them. They seem like so much silliness. Spirit can be known only by spirit--God's Spirit and our spirits in open communion. 15Spiritually alive, we have access to everything God's Spirit is doing, and can't be judged by unspiritual critics. 16Isaiah's question, "Is there anyone around who knows God's Spirit, anyone who knows what he is doing?" has been answered: Christ knows, and we have Christ's Spirit.

Mysteries are Hidden
This is an area where we really need to allow God to work on our understanding and let him renew our minds. When dealing with the spiritual, we need to realize that it’s not going to be laying out in plain view. It’s not laying out there in the 1st dimension of things. Mysterious means hidden or unknown. It’s not hidden from those that have a relationship with God through Jesus. It’s hidden from those that are either pagan or religious. Neither of these groups can comprehend the mysteries of God.

Wolf in Sheep’s clothing
Satan uses our carnality against us and he comes in with the appearance of a sheep, but he has a wolf’s agenda. One example of a wolf in sheep’s clothing is a person that claims relationship with Christ by way of religion. When the light of truth shines on them, rather than repentance, you see rejection. Instead of submission, you see division. A wolf in sheep’s clothing is still a wolf and when you get the pure light of God illuminating his bride, the wolf inside can’t stay hidden any longer.

When hunting, I’ve observed, especially with rabbits, that when you get them alive, you can’t see they’re full of fleas because they’re hidden deep into their soft fur. But if the rabbit has just died, within seconds, the fleas begin pouring to the surface of the fur because they know the rabbit’s body is cooling and they immediately begin looking for another host. Roman’s 1:20 again is in full manifestation with this analogy. When we die to our flesh, the spiritual fleas of the enemy immediately surface in our lives and begin their quest of finding another host they can hide inside of.

“Flee” From You
The water of the Word and the river of the spirit are our spiritual flea eliminators. Just as your dog are cat must experience a physical flea dip, so we too need to be spiritually dipped and continually walk in the oil of anointing of our everyday lives. If there is an irritation in your heart that you find yourself continually having to scratch, chances are, you simply need to release that to the Lord and let the spirit rid you of that pesky nuisance. Does not Scripture say that when you submit yourselves to the Lord and resist the enemy, he will “flee” from you? (cute.)

So here we are, we have come into the understanding that for there to be life flowing from us, there as to be a death deep within us. Death to our own desires. Death to our own understanding of things. Death to our individualism, when we allow these deaths to occur, our bodies are no longer hosts to the enemy. Now that we’ve entered into this new place, we have to be taught how to recognize the things given in the spirit.

1 Corinthians 2 states the Holy Ghost speaks in spiritual language and not literal points of view. Revelation is not to be read or interpret things with images that are current to our day. We are living in a totally different world than they were when this book was written. It’s called reading “into” Scripture instead of reading “out of” the Scripture. It’s like trying to explain to someone that was born 2 hundred years ago how a simple telephone works. They’d never understand what you’re talking about because they had nothing to even compare that with. It’s the same with our generation trying to interpret Scripture according to our modern culture.

When we see clouds mentioned in Scripture, they’ve always been connected with judgement, not Rapture. We’ve taken things out of context and tried to misinterpret. We’ve claimed tribulation isn’t something that’s confined to a 7year period of time. It was there in the beginning and it’s around us now. John was a “companion in tribulation”.

Rev 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ

We have the ignorance to think Revelation was only written for our day and no other. But we can never understand what this book says, until we understand what it meant to those it was first written to. Knowledge comes “line upon line, precept upon precept”. If we apply Scripture from just one line we’ve read, we’ve missed all the other levels of understanding, or dimensions of revelational meaning. It’s precept upon precept. The base of our foundation to understanding Revelation is not applying the passages to our carnal knowledge of where the world is today, but understanding where the church was, which is who the book is written to, then.

Revelation’s style like no other book.
Many get hung up on the fact that Revelation is so symbolic that it’s not advised to use it as foundational for teaching and preaching. Yet if you can understand the author, which is John, and how much revelation was already revealed to him, that too can then help in better comprehending this book.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke are what we call “synoptic” books. Meaning they are of similar perspectives and written in similar fashion. But when you get to the gospel of John, instead of beginning with physical genealogies and narratives, he begins with dimensional revelation right off the start. “In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, the Word was God.” That is a dimensional understanding of Christ. John saw everything from a different perspective.

Editor’s Note
The carnal church also has the tendency to interpret Scriptures in a “horizontal” fashion. Meaning I take a passage and try to understand it, by drawing my knowledge from my current culture and traditions. I take what is known in front of and around me, and use that to interpret what is written before me. But what we should be doing is understand it’s to be “received” not interpreted, “vertically” and then “applying” it horizontally. By that I mean that you let Christ “reveal” himself to you through the Word because as Scripture says,

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
End of Note

Let His Revelation Grow in You
When learning of the four types of soils that Jesus taught, we also understand revelation comes in seed form. Not by personal interpretation, but in seed form. That’s why it’s to be “received”. Once it’s received or welcomed, then the seed takes root and begins to grow in our spirit and understanding is given to it’s meaning. That’s the vertical aspect. Once the understanding blossoms in us, we begin to show the fruits of that seed in us and others reap the fruits of the seeds given to us through the Word.

The reason this seems so different is because it is. It’s a far cry from what we’ve “been taught” through the traditions of the church. Tradition also says that we have the authority to use the word of God as reproof against each other. Yet that seems to be also taken from the wrong perspective.

Horizontal versus Vertical understanding
2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This passage has been used as a free ticket to use the Word of God against other believers. If this is the case, then it goes from seed planting to pruning, shearing, and even to the cutting down of other trees. Which is to say we can then use our doctrines and beliefs “against” our brothers and sisters by way of the Word in order for us to establish and maintain order in the church. We begin using the Word as a knife or club, depending on how tactful we are with what we have. But I am convinced that is not the intention of the authors of the book. Scripture was not written so that we can use it to argue with one another. But it is the seed of life, intended to be planted in fertile soil.

It’s to be received as a seed and taken to the reader’s heart where the watering of the spirit will cause it to take root and grow. The fruits that are produced from that word can then be shared with others who are hungry. It’s the fruit of what God has done in us that we are to share with others, not the destructive end of the sword. Swords don’t reproduce, plant, or bring life into a situation. Seeds do.

So, how then can this passage be read in any other way other than to be used as a free ticket to bring “reproof” and “instruction” to others? Well, for one, it’d really help to keep this verse with the rest of the context that it came in.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them]; 2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Don’t Read Scripture to Establish Doctrine, But to Gain Wisdom in Christ
Verse 15 states that it’s not men making each other wise by using Scriptures. It’s the Scriptures that make us wise. It’s by our reading and studying the Scriptures that the Scriptures then open our understanding to who Christ is. As we grow into understanding more and more about who he is, the more wisdom we are given. The same goes for the reproof and instruction. It’s not men doing the reproving or instructing, it’s the Scriptures. Let be push that one step further and say it’s not men’s interpretation of Scripture that reproofs and instructs as much as it is the Spirit in Scripture. The inspired word of God instructs me, shows me the reflection of what a pure Christian looks like . .and if I’m not that reflection, I need to submit myself to the Lord and let him change me into his true reflection and not something from my own image.

The instructions and warnings in it are for “me”. Period. Not for me to convince you that you’re going to hell. Personal relationships are not corporate relationships. People who are lost in Christ will become a kindred family, not because there’s one person standing in the pulpit conforming them, but because Christ’s spiritual genes are “in” them which makes them have the same appearance of their Father.

The Four Soils
Understanding the revelation of Jesus Christ then, is to allow the life flowing from the Word to transform my thinking into a true image or reflection of God. That is how we need to read all of Scripture from here on out. You know right away what type of soil someone has toward you. If they are very adamant about the mainline tradition (hardened path) or it’s clear that they’re not looking to give up everything they have (thorny ground) or that they have pride or egos, yet they agree with you and even appear to be half interested, but as soon as they are put to a test, they quit on you (rocky soil), these types of people need your prayer, not your preaching.

It’s only those whose hearts are ready for the seed to be planted in them, that you’re to insert into their spirits the words of life God has given you to share. So you see, there is only one out of four that you’ll be able to see bear any fruit. If you’re spending the majority of your time trying to convince the other three that obviously are not ready yet, that God has more and “is” more, you’re going to miss the one that is ready to grow there.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 1:10 (1)I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, (2) and heard behind me a great voice, (3) as of a trumpet, Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus (permitted), and unto Smyrna (myrrh), and unto Pergamos (height or elevation), and unto Thyatira (odor of affliction), and unto Sardis (red ones) , and unto Philadelphia (brotherly love), and unto {lah-od-ik'-i-ah} Laodicea. (justice of the people) Rev 1:12 (4) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, (5)I saw seven golden candlesticks; Rev 1:13 (6)And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. Rev 1:14(7) His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; (Cool I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: Rev 1:18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

(1) In the Spirit on the Lord’s day.
That is to mean “in the spirit of the day.” This is not saying it was on Sunday or the Sabbath day or any other literal time frame. Remember everything is symbolic. God worked 6 days and rested on the 7th, not because he was tired, but to show us what his finished work looks like. He revealed His rest for us to set aside and rest “in his work” that was finished on the seventh day, which refers also to Jesus on the cross, “it is finished”. “I am the Sabbath”. The 7th day which indicates the finished work is just that, finished. The 7th day when God rested means that the work was completed. John began to see “in the spirit of the Sabbath”. He began to see the finished work of Christ in it’s completion.

Traditions Become Traps
Isn’t it interesting that man has changed the Sabbath from the last day of the week to the first day of the week? There’s a trap here that many men have gotten caught up in that we need to make sure we avoid. The Pharisees were caught in it and just about every church has been in it or is in it in one form or another. We see people that won’t even acknowledge the fact that God honors or prayers and lives, unless we acknowledge him on the original Sabbath, which to them, is Saturday. If you don’t set Saturday aside, then you’re not considered a part of the bride of Christ.

Others aren’t quite as abrasive. The majority of believers feel that what day you set aside isn’t as important as long as you set aside a day. Our culture and church has chosen Sunday to be that day. On this day, you’re not supposed to work or even do much activity at all really, other than church related functions. The truth is, both are right, yet both are wrong. They are right in the sense that there was a designated physical day that was to be set aside, or made holy. (Holy means to set apart) But like all the other laws, it was a type of Christ, not the substance of God himself.

The Pharisees couldn’t get over this. Jesus purposefully would perform miracles on the Sabbath not to just get under their skin, but to try to get them to understand, God is not any where near interested in our physical walk as much as he is in our spiritual. Why? Again, what we read in 1st Corinthians 2. God is a spirit, within everyone of us is a spirit. If we are spiritually dead, we may as well be physically dead. But if we’re spiritually alive, the physical will be alive also.

You can be physically alive and spiritually dead at the same time. Your physical body, nature, understanding can not ever bring your spirit to life. But your faith in Jesus can. So even though you’re physically living, it’s not your body he’s interested in, it’s your heart. Because God established an order in is that when the spirit comes alive, the mind and the body will be affected by it. The mind and the body are to submit to the spirit. The spirit is the head of the rest of who we are.

Saved on the Sabbath?
So, the day we’re referring to is not a physical Sabbath day. It’s the spiritual. Jesus “is” the Sabbath day. Technically you don’t have to literally set aside any day of the week because God doesn’t want your sacrifice once a week, he wants you 24-7. So what you do on Sunday, Saturday or any other day is not going to defile your relationship with God. Unless you choose to live a life of sin, then again, it doesn’t matter what day you sin either. But the cause and effect do come into play if we choose not to assemble ourselves together at all. But it doesn’t necessarily have to be on Sunday. It’s not wrong that we do, but it’s not sending us to hell if we don’t.

The purpose for the Sabbath was to show that all the work is finished. Sabbath is the last day to show there is a realm of rest. Jesus is the Sabbath, he is the rest. He’s not Saturday, he’s not Sunday, he is “the” Day of Rest. Jesus responded to the Pharisees by telling them Man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man. To take that carnally, it means that man wasn’t made for a day to rest. Instead, the day, physically was made for man to take a break. But more importantly is the Spiritual implication. We were not created for Christ, but Christ was created for us. Why? Because without him, there’s no entrance into redemption or rest. He came to die . .for us. We were not created so he could come and die, he came to die so that we would have the ability to live with God eternally through the forgiveness of sins by the blood of his son as the one and eternal sacrifice.

John’s Track Record.
But John was not in a physical day, he even says, he was “in the spirit”. The “Sabbath” of the Lord. The “realm” of God. The dimension of heaven. John was there when Jesus ministry began. He was there when Jesus was tested by the religious of the day. He was there to see the healings happen. He was there to see Jesus try to show others that He was the Sabbath, which was why so many of his healings happened on the Sabbath day. But even though he also saw the death and resurrection, and he walked with Jesus for 40 days after, the actual “fullness” of Christ’s work was still veiled until now, here on this God forsaken island, we see it wasn’t so God forsaken, it was God remembered. He was trying to show us that he “is” our rest. He is our finished work. He “is” the Sabbath.

Spiritual Passover
When the children of Israel were led out of their bondage in Egypt, the last thing that happened was the death angel was sent to kill all the first-born children both in Egypt, as well as where the Israelites were in Goshen. It didn’t pass over the Israelites homes just because there was blood over the mantle. But because a death had already been accredited to that family. The first born had already been taken on their behalf. The blood was a symbol that “The Lamb”, “the first-born Son” had already been slain.

Editor’s Note
The Sabbath day was a day to be set aside from the other 6 days to remember what God did and rest in the fact that the work of Christ is finished. Jesus is the Sabbath. It’s not just a day in the week, it’s a person. There are seven days of the week, one is set aside. The definition of the word “holy” is just that, to be set aside. So in the seven days, you see a fellowship between God and man. The 6 days symbolize man, the number 6 is the number for man. The 7th day is connected to the six, but it’s set apart from them. 7 means completion or maturity. A week is not complete without the other six days. Jesus is not complete without us being connected to him.

The 7th day was to be established as a day of rest. Seven sevens put together added up to 49 days. You have the number of completion squared, or times itself and the next day would be the equivalent of the 7 Sabbath’s multiplied by completion. The 50th day was a result of the compilation of completion multiplied itself into perfection which then is . . .freedom. Or, the year of Jubilee.
End of Note

Significance of a Ram’s Horn
Jubilee simply means making a loud, long blast. It was done from a ram’s horn. A ram’s horn comes from a dead male lamb. Jesus is completion multiplied into perfection. A lamb had to die in order for the horn to be made. The horn represents the finished work of redemption. The fact that the horn exists is evidence of the act of redemption completed in the finished works of Christ. We represent the ram’s horn as well. As we all can only make sounds by passing wind through our vocal chords, just as air is breathed through the ram’s horn to make it blast it’s declaration of liberty beginning the celebration of the year of Jubilee.

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord

The acceptable year of the Lord is the year of Jubilee. Christ was to “preach’ proclaim, as a ram’s horn, the gospel and the fact that “he is the year of Jubilee.” After that there are no more Jubilees because he is the jubilee and he’s now in us.

Everything John writes is from the perspective of the Lord’s day.
This is a major key for the rest of the book. We’ve been trying to interpret it from our own perspective instead of through the spirit of the Sabbath. We’ve been looking at this book for the wrong things because we’ve been reading it in the wrong approach. We’ve focussed on anti-christs, the mark of the beast, the horrible end to all things, the Rapture of the church, even the one-world religion and the rebuilding of the temple . . .none of these things are the revelation of Jesus Christ. They’ve all taken the focus from the one that truly is the only one that can give us the understanding in the first place. With understanding comes freedom from bondage of the enemy.

The day of the Lord is not a literal period of time, it is a dimensional understanding. God lives “outside” of time. He lives in eternity. A day to him is as a thousand years. So when he speaks of the “day” of the Lord, he’s referring to Christ, the day of rest, the one who is the source of rest. The revelational king of Kings and Lord of Lords.

(2) and heard behind me a great voice . . .We also have tried to interpret Revelation by using it to “look forward”. 99% of the church believes chapters 4-22 haven’t happened yet. It’s taught that chapter 4 is where the Rapture takes place. The truth is, we’re not going, he’s coming.

Understanding the defense of the Scriptures also used in 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15 along with others out there used to confirm the Rapture mentality, but they well be addressed as we go through due process. It’s been the traditional thought that this is a gloom and doom time on the earth, people hiding in caves being tormented by demons with stingers and when all hope is gone and Israel is literally surrounded by all the nations in the entire world . .then . .Christ will come on his white horse and save everybody. But Scripture says when Jesus does come, he’s coming for a glorious church, not one cowering in a cave.

(3) “As of a trumpet” . . .
This isn’t stating that the voice John heard was alarmingly loud. The trumpet has much symbolism to it as well. This isn’t a blast from a ram’s horn, but this time it’s a trumpet. There is a place in Scripture which explains the use of trumpets for the ministry of the Lord.

Num 10:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Num 10:2 Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. Num 10:3 And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. Num 10:4 And if they blow [but] with one [trumpet], then the princes, [which are] heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves unto thee

The trumpets made of silver is symbolizing again redemption. Silver means redemption. Because John specifically states the sound being heard was as from “a” trumpet, singular not plural, then we can understand that God is calling his spiritual princes forth to gather themselves together for a congregation with the Almighty. A trumpet can’t make a sound on it’s own. It must have the breath of the one playing it, pass through it in order for it’s music to come out. We are God’s trumpets. His breath of life through us brings forth declarations of joy and gladness from out of our heart, through our mouths proclaiming the kingdom of God is at hand.

Revelation 1:12
(4) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me.John was facing the wrong way when he first appeared in this vision. This is the same picture we see with the disciples at the tomb of Jesus. They went in looking at where Christ had been instead of where he was. The angels there in the tomb asked “why seek ye the living among the dead? This is the same question the church needs to be asked again today. Why are we searching for life in the laws of death? Then again at the ascension of Christ, they were staring at the clouds and the angels asked them again, “Why are you standing here?

Act 1:9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. Act 1:10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. Act 1:11 They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Repenting to Revelation
That seems to be a pattern with today’s church. We’re always focusing on the wrong thing. First they were searching for Christ in a place of death (looking for life by way of using the law) and now, they’re staring at the clouds and have to be prompted by God’s messengers to refocus their attention back to spreading the Gospel. So it was even with John. The voice was not coming from where he was facing, but from somewhere behind him. Only by turning around, or “repenting” did he then receive a further or deeper relationship with Christ.

Spiritual Photography
The reason the church can’t see straight isn’t because there’s something wrong with it’s eyes, but there’s something wrong with our mind. This is why we need to repent. Turn around, stop going in the direction we’re heading and turn and find the voice that’s directing us. I don’t “see” with my eyes, but with my mind. My eyes are just a lens that puts the image in my mind. It’s my mind that digests and interprets what that image is. When my mind is distorted, so is my understanding.

Col 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- Col 2:17 things which are a {mere} shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Hbr 8:4
Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; Hbr 8:5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned {by God} when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN." Hbr 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

Temporary Shadows
The point being shown in these verses is that the things taught to our ancestors in the Old Testament were not the substance, but replicas of the real thing. They were “shadows” of the true. They were patterns from the original. Everything is made from the pattern of God’s true tabernacle, Jesus Christ. The perfect tabernacle came in the flesh and walked among us, but we killed Christ and destroyed his earthly dwelling place, which was his body. When Moses laid all this out, he didn’t fully understand the original pattern. He couldn’t, because what Moses established as law for life, was temporary.

Editor’s Note
If Jesus were here today he wouldn’t even be a priest, what a profound concept. Why wouldn’t he be a priest? Because they are conformed to the old law. They represent it, they enforce it. But we have already seen the last days of the law come to an end. We are now living in the days of mediation. Jesus has already established a new kingdom with a new law and under his new kingdom, there are no priests. (Heb. 8:4) Reason being is because Priests were established to teach the law to Israel. But with the law removed, there’s no need for priests.

Heb. 8:4
For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Jesus was the permanent tabernacle that God originally planned for all of us to acknowledge and God’s tabernacle is no longer in a building made of stone and wood but it’s in our hearts and minds. We are the tabernacle in which God’s presence now dwells. Moses saw just the shadow, not the substance. In the tabernacle of Moses, the lambstand was the only light inside the tent. The only way we can see and understand the Revelation of Jesus is to see it through the lampstand or, the eyes of Christ.
End of Note
(5) Seven gold candlesticks.
John saw one lampstand holding seven gold candlesticks with 7 flames, not seven lamp-stands. The center shaft of the lampstand was Christ. One piece of beaten work. Jesus was also brutally beaten beyond all recognition. What the Roman guards didn’t know was, they were actually pounding out a thing of beauty. They were mocking and beating him in the physical, but they were fulfilling God’s promise in the spiritual. In the end, Jesus was the finished work of a block of gold, pounded out into a breath-taking piece of work for the completion of the tabernacle ministry. Jesus is the center shaft, we are the branches.

(6) In the midst of the seven candlesticks . . .
The center shaft had 3 branches coming out from both sides. John saw Jesus standing in the center, he was looking at the shaft which is the 7th flame which represents the day of the Lord. The Lord of the Sabbath, which is what John stated earlier, he was in the spirit on the Lord’s day. He was envisioning this scene from the perspective of the finished work of Christ.

The lampstand being beaten was symbolizing Christ when he was beaten beyond recognition. As the sculpture beat the gold out, branches formed from the sides of it. When Jesus was beaten and crucified, a guard ran a spear through his side and out flowed blood and water. The branches themselves add up to 6 but the center shaft makes the seventh. The seventh represents the day of the Lord. The Sabbath. Jesus said “he” was the Sabbath. He also said “I am the vine, you are the branches.” On either side of him were men, which represented the six branches, but there’s only one vine. He being the center, is the seventh, the completion, the perfection.

(6) Days of Manna
At the end of the 6th day, the priest was to eat and digest the shewbread in the holy place. Jesus is the bread, this is the “revelation” of Jesus Christ. A day to the Lord is as a thousand years, a thousand years is as a day. 6 days man labored, on the 7th, God prepared a day of rest. As the Israelites gathered manna, they were to gather only what they needed for that day. Until the 6th day, on that day, God supplied twice as much as the other days and they were to gather twice as much so they would have enough for that day, and the Sabbath day as well. Just as the priest ate the “bread of life” on the 6th day, the children of Israel gathered twice as much on the 6th day, God is now pouring out a double portion of his revelation to his church today because we are in that 6th day in this generation.

(7) His head and his hair . .
Hair was like wool as white as snow. Wool was a covering made from sheep, sacrificed lamb is Christ. “His banner over me is love.” “White as snow, purity.

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: Rev 1:18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

“Feet as brass as if they burned in a furnace.
Again, this is direct reference to the tabernacle. The brazen altar is symbolic of his feet. If you look at the complete layout of the tabernacle from a topical view, the brazen altar (made of bronze or brass) are his feet, as we see even here is says “as if they burned in a furnace”. That is direct reference to the fire burning the sacrifices. Next is the brazen laver (also made of brass), which became mixed with blood as the priest used this to wash the blood of the sacrifices from their hands. As Jesus died on the cross, a guard pierced his side from which blood, mixed with water, came out. As you enter the holy place, on the right is the table of shewbread, for the right hand, on the left is the gold lamp-stand, for the left hand. At the top, the altar of incense. From there you enter into God’s divine presence into the holy of holies as a whole body.

In his right hand speaking of authority seven stars This I found interesting. He goes on to explain later the stars are speaking of the angels of the 7 churches. We immediately connect that with heavenly angels when in reality, the word “angel” simply means messengers . .which also means Apostles, prophets, evangelists, Pastors and teachers, the five gifts God gave to the church for the perfecting of the saints. In this context, John being an apostle, saw the stars representing the 7 pastors of the 7 churches. In Jude, there is a reference to false prophets being “wandering stars”. This subject will be touched on more in the next tape.

A star is an object placed in the heavens to illuminate it’s light to the earth. God was telling John to “Put this revelation into the hands of the leaders of the church.” God’s arm brings salvation, his hand (with five fingers) brings ministry to the church – again, Ephesians, 4:11, (it’s coming up in a couple paragraphs.) God has planted Apostolic stars in the spiritual heavens to illuminate those that are searching for life. People become lost due to the changing landscape of time and God has enabled them to simply find the stars he’s placed in their path that never change their light and they become land-mark’s in the spiritual heavens and reference points for those seeking the true light-giver in the salvation of Christ.

Two-edged sword. Hebrews 4:12 says the word (logos or spoken) of God is sharper than any two edged sword. It’s not completely clear yet, but I’m thinking the two edged sword is speaking to either the two covenants, Old and New, combined making one powerful sword. Or, the two commandments that replace the entire old religious system. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Just editor’s personal opinion.

Fell at his feet as a dead man John’s identifying himself in the death with Christ. My life is hid with Christ in God. We’ve programmed ourselves into thinking we’ll someday be taken away from here and go up with him when in reality, he wants to see us get caught up right now in his dimension of who he is. That’s why he left us the 5 gifts for his church to be “perfected”.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Before he comes “for” us, he’s first going to be fully manifested “in” us. The tabernacle Moses built was a pattern of a Spiritual Tabernacle. That spiritual tabernacle is Jesus. The spiritual tabernacle then, as the original pattern, came down in the flesh through one man, Jesus. Yet when that one man left, his spirit was then sent to dwell in all of our bodies and as a result, all of our bodies are bonded together in the spirit creating one body again.

2 mysteries. Godliness and iniquity. The mark of the beast is our carnal mind. Man at his best is a beast (Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.) The mark of the beast dwells between our ears to keep our minds veiled of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. This too will be addressed in later chapters

We’re not to become overwhelmed by the events happening to physical Israel. We need to be aware of the events, but don’t become absorbed by them. What is happening to the physical Israel is nothing more than a reflection to what God is doing in the Spiritual Israel. All who call upon the name of the Lord are grafted into the line of Abraham.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum