APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you help me out here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can you help me out here? on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I know goodness well that someone on here, mentioned something about the law of a servant who was blind, that they were to be set free. I know I'm not crazy I saw it somewhere and now I can't find it, can you please help me find it for my own sanity? lol!

And Nathan, Please help me find the place in your book where you had mentioned something about the church being set up from the get go to fall (I paraphrase of course), because of lack of Relationships between the Clergy and the Laymen. In relation to the depth of planting the seed.

I feel like I'm losing my mind here lately, I mean I know I'm getting older but this is getting ridiculous. Am I reading things into something I'm reading? Or am I seeing it correctly?

This is extremely important to me, Please help.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Can you help me out here? on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm

cross-eyed

I'm still digging around on that one . . .see if I can find it for you.

3 Re: Can you help me out here? on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:13 pm

todosan

Exodus 21:26

“If a man strikes the eye of his male or female servant, and destroys it, he shall let him go free for the sake of his eye.

4 Re: Can you help me out here? on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
todosan wrote:Exodus 21:26

“If a man strikes the eye of his male or female servant, and destroys it, he shall let him go free for the sake of his eye.

Yes, thank you Todd, I found it in scripture too, was it you who pulled this out in conversation on here?

That's what I wanted to see, and what it was that cause it to come to mind, and read the post again, and now I can't find it anywhere. That's what's driving me batty.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

5 Re: Can you help me out here? on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am

todosan

The context was that since God blinded America, he really intended to set them free, hence the reason they were blinded in the first place. He will unconditionally follow the law becuase the law is not a set of rules per say. It is a testimony of what He is really like. When we see things happening in accordance to the law, we know Who is behind it.

6 can you help me out/ blindness on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Hibbs

2 Kings 6 beginning at verse 17 is quite an interesting study beginning with Elisha's servant needing his eyes opened to see the angels and chariots of fire with them. As you will recall, the Syrians were surrounding Samaria and attacking Israel and the prophet was informing Israel of the challenges and the plans of the enemy. By itself this would be a good thing but we then find the prophet praying that the Syrians be struck with blindness and leads them into the middle of Samaria and prays again that their eyes be opened. Upon seeing their captivity, the king of Israel (Samaria was the capital) asks Elisha if they should smite them. Elisha responds that they should feed their enemy and not kill them and they set a great meal before them and allowed them to leave and return home. They overcame evil with good.

Blindness has been an issue for us all and Paul's prayer: "that the eyes of their understanding being enlightened that they might know the hope of their calling", carries more and more meaning as we begin to see through the veil. The subject of blindness is a good study all by itself.

7 Re: Can you help me out here? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am

cross-eyed

Isn't that the purpose of us being born again? So that we'll be enabled to SEE the kingdom?? It's got nothing to do with not going to hell or going to heaven in the end. For me, it has everything to do with being enabled to see the principles of the kingdom in the spirit so we will then call them out to manifest in the kingdom of the natural. May God's will be done on earth . . .as it is . . .in heaven. Spirit is already complete, natural awaits the sons of God to come into their own and release that which is complete to manifest where that which is incomplete still awaits.

8 Re: Can you help me out here? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:35 pm

todosan

For a long time I have felt that the crux of the matter, concerning world problems, is blindness.

In the garden, it always starts in the garden, there were three temptations. These are the same three that Jesus faced in the wilderness before being endowed with power for the ministry. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.

All three have sort of a curse associated with them. The lust of the flesh – well this one receives death. The unredeemed body dies. I think it is important to realize that the soul and spirit do not die. These are eternal, but the natural body is different. It does perish and anything short of resurrection leaves the body to suffer decay and corruption. It is the direct result of the lusting of the flesh.

James 1:15
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Romans 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[c] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[d] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

The lust of the eyes, we have been discussing here. The eyes are blinded to answer the issue with the lusting of the eyes. This does not mean that when you look at a pretty girl you go blind!! It means, like the passage in Romans, that you are given over to darkness where you cannot see the light. It causes you to grope about in the evil you have chosen so that only Christ is the answer.

1 John 2:11
But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Luke 11:34
The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness.

Blind eyes are in darkness, so that they might become singular. Naturally, this is true of a eye that cannot see. That is why the Lord uses this to represent what happens in the spirit realm as well. The result of the lusting of the eyes (gateway to the soul) is blindness and a lack of healing.

John 12
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:

40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.” These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

So how about the pride of life? Does it have a punishment? Yep. …. A fall.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

1 Timothy 3:6
not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

I would have said this differently like comes under condemnation, but not God! This person falls. There is a ton to say about this verse. Notice it was a warning to novices. It is certainly true that we have fallen in Adam, but this process repeats itself again and again that we learn the lesson not to enter into the pride of life.

Most people understand that the left hand of God was destruction. Those verses are heavily maligned because the clergy wished to keep people in line with their own righteous standards. When we truly understand what happens on God’s left hand, we begin to see that everything God does is redemptive. Whether we are blind, sick, or falling from grace, we are experiencing the exact things necessary to turn us back to God and repent before Him. Death works in the members so that life can reside there. I remember going to jail once, and afterwards, I said, “ I am never going to jail again!!!!” It had a very positive impact on me. Likewise the sufferings we suffer do also.

9 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Long2JC

Pride seems to be a major process of our mind. EGO is an Acronym for Edging God Out.

10 can you help me out/ blindness on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am

Hibbs

Ego, superego and id...psychology's answer to our tripartite nature. There is a division in the military called psy-ops, psychological operations. Every war is fomented by fear and misunderstanding. In order to perform some of the hideous acts that have taken place throughout history, it helps to understand the dynamic. Somehow, a nation or people has to "take the high ground" of self-righteousness so as to think ourselves better than others and then we can either subjogate them or somehow marginalize them and we can rationalize our conduct on the basis that they are less and we are somehow more.

Hitler convinced the Germans that as Aryans they were superior and should thus rule the world...has not the church done the same? We are saved, they are lost. As a young catholic boy, we were taught that catholics were the only ones going to heaven...the others were pagans and protestants and were lost. Luther was a heretic and should have been burned at the stake. The Jews speak of gentiles and goyim as though they are unitiated into understanding. The Muslims speak of infidels. We watched movies of Japs and Nazis to generate hatred. Recently we have been shown pictures of the World Trade Center and other bombings to generate hatred toward terrorists and authorize war in the middle east. We are told about the "axis of evil" and many other terms that generate discord and promote distrust. All of these things are rooted in appeals to the pride of life and a misplaced sense of superiority and all of them are ways to manage the masses of humanity through lies and deception, false flag events, greed and the lust of the flesh.

It is because of all of these things that Babylon, that mighty city is falling, and how the world will mourn as she collapses. We understand that pride in all of its forms gives entrance into that city and will make us her loyal subjects when she falls...and the cracks in the foundation can already be seen as the stone has struck the feet already.

I believe that there is a caution note for us all. Among those that have been allowed to see into the truths that are now being revealed, there are many who allow knowledge to puff them up as though somehow they have a right to be proud of what they know. What do we have that has not been given? Is there anything of which we can boast?

11 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 am

Long2JC

[quote]I believe that there is a caution note for us all. Among those that have been allowed to see into the truths that are now being revealed, there are many who allow knowledge to puff them up as though somehow they have a right to be proud of what they know. What do we have that has not been given? Is there anything of which we can boast?

AMEN

12 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

LindaY

[quote="Long2JC"]
I believe that there is a caution note for us all. Among those that have been allowed to see into the truths that are now being revealed, there are many who allow knowledge to puff them up as though somehow they have a right to be proud of what they know. What do we have that has not been given? Is there anything of which we can boast?

AMEN

Is there a fine line there between knowledge puffing up and being excited in seeing the things of God come into manifestation through others which not only change "us" on the inside but also allow us to see that He is in control and nothing we have is to be boasted of but rather bring praise to Him for His works which no man can claim as his own?

13 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Long2JC

It is very exciting to experience new or greater understanding and it is this passion we have that draws others to God. I think the line you are asking about can be difficult to determine in the short term after all it is a gift that God gave us and we want to share what He has done. Over time the distinction will become clearer. One will bring attention to the person as their own accomplishment and the other will bring attention to God.

I think that the line also changes based on who you are talking with. If they know your heart then you can express yourself more freely without the possibility of it being taken the wrong way.

I know that there are times that I am not being sensitive enough to the distinction because of the excitement that rises up within me about how God has intervened in my life. When someone knows me, they know that my foundation contains the truth that whatever God does within or through my life is special to me, but at the same time they are the same things that are available to anyone. I know that I am Gods favorite one and I also know that you are His favorite one also, so there is no competition. That is what makes everything so freeing and exciting. But if someone doesn’t know me they could very well perceive it differently.

There is only one Holy Spirit and he knows my heart. If someone perceives something in a way different from what I meant and the Holy Spirit abides in them, the Holy Spirit will bring truth to the situation.

If the Holy Spirit does not abide in them, then my character sill stand as my testimony.

14 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 pm

LindaY

Long2JC wrote:It is very exciting to experience new or greater understanding and it is this passion we have that draws others to God. I think the line you are asking about can be difficult to determine in the short term after all it is a gift that God gave us and we want to share what He has done. Over time the distinction will become clearer. One will bring attention to the person as their own accomplishment and the other will bring attention to God.

I think that the line also changes based on who you are talking with. If they know your heart then you can express yourself more freely without the possibility of it being taken the wrong way.

I know that there are times that I am not being sensitive enough to the distinction because of the excitement that rises up within me about how God has intervened in my life. When someone knows me, they know that my foundation contains the truth that whatever God does within or through my life is special to me, but at the same time they are the same things that are available to anyone. I know that I am Gods favorite one and I also know that you are His favorite one also, so there is no competition. That is what makes everything so freeing and exciting. But if someone doesn’t know me they could very well perceive it differently.

There is only one Holy Spirit and he knows my heart. If someone perceives something in a way different from what I meant and the Holy Spirit abides in them, the Holy Spirit will bring truth to the situation.

If the Holy Spirit does not abide in them, then my character sill stand as my testimony.

This is so true John! Many times, written words on a page can be taken the wrong way. There have been times I've read things that were offensive when the person writing it had nothing in their hearts and minds that was even close but, then, when coming back and reading it later it reveals more truth in the spirit of the text rather than what was initially perceived.

When someone knows me, they know that my foundation contains the truth that whatever God does within or through my life is special to me, but at the same time they are the same things that are available to anyone. I know that I am Gods favorite one and I also know that you are His favorite one also, so there is no competition. That is what makes everything so freeing and exciting. But if someone doesn’t know me they could very well perceive it differently.

This is wonderful!

Bless you! Smile

15 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:03 pm

todosan

[quote="Long2JC"]

AMEN

We looked at a study of this years ago. There is a difference between knowledge of things and the knowledge of God. If your knowing is God centric, then you will have a hard time being puffed up. If anything the true knowledge of God deflates a person.....pppssssssst.

The knowledge that comes for the sake of just having knowledge, well then.. it puffeth up nicely. It creates apologists and TVangelists, and a whole host of otherwise well meaning people types. I think the biggest danger is when we get a corner on some truth. All lies contain a truth somewhere, or they would be quickly discarded. People get these concepts that are very true and then become the experts according to their own making. Instead of God-love, this is self love.

Years ago, we were into the inner healing ministry. There was a very powerful man we met and he was leading a national ministry that was focused on the subject. The Lord one day, directed us away from the ministry. His instruction to us was that inner healing was not a method, but needed to be led by the Spirit, and only at that time. The man of God got weirder and weirder as time went on and one day we clashed with him. He stopped making relationships with people who were not as well versed in the ministry as he was. He fasted constantly. He became isolated and he was always coming up with newly discovered truth about inner healing. All of that soured us a little. Then he got sick, and the whole ministry family was praying for him. After many months, he passed away and it was very sad. I didn't know what to think, but we no longer had anything to do with them because the ministry group refused to listen to anything we shared. To them, it was a demonic attack that killed their pastor.

To me, I have always wondered if it was simply pride. My theory pretty well stands. There is a knowledge of things and a knowledge of God. The things look and feel like God, but they are not. It is easy to get off on that path and not know that you have lost focus on the main thing. So Steph and I made a rule.... one of very few... for our lives. If it doesn't reveal Christ as a person, then we are pretty much not interested. I am not suggesting that this is for anyone here.. I am jsut sharing what has helped us not get caught in the traps that are so plentiful.

16 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Long2JC wrote:If the Holy Spirit does not abide in them, then my character sill stand as my testimony.

Well John, this certainly shoots me down.....pppssssssst.

But then again, let's check back in ten years or so and see whether my condition has improved or degraded. Neutral

17 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Long2JC

David,

The bottom line is that is is your personal relationship before God that matters. There is not a structure of time in His realm so as we walk upright before Him He will take care of the rest. Old things become new. Not one of us can be used as a standard to be measured against, I was only talking from my opportunities to learn. Very Happy

The very fact that we are His puts us at odds with most people.

18 Re: Can you help me out here? on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Eph 5:4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

This one still catches me.

And YES! We ARE HERE!!! Very Happy

19 can you help me out/ blindness on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Hibbs

Since this thread started with blindness, it seems like we need to return to the business of vision....through a glass darkly...looking not at the things that are seen but the things that are not seen....looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord God made them all...to them in parables for seeing they see not...etc. It is because our eyes have been opened that we are able to recognize the enemy within. The purpose is not to remain focused upon the giants in the land but to know as David that the victories over the lion and the bear were precursors to the victory over the uncircumcised phillistine within. I am of the impression that all of the participants that have been led to this forum can look back and say that there were places and seasons of life that seemed impossible...sometimes so much so that, as Paul, they can say that they despaired even of life itself. In those places and times, God showed Himself faithful and delivered us granting victory over our enemy. (Of course there were other times when our enemy triumphed because we were fighting out of our own understanding and we were learning obedience by the things we suffered.)

The reason that "I" is such a pronoun is not only because of the accuser of the brethren but it denotes the center point of the speaker. It is for this reason that "I am" was such a significant title for God to instruct Moses to use. If you will, to make that statement, made him equal with God...the I am that I am. It is a subtle snare to go from the "I" in Christ of the spirit to "I" the man of sin. If we say we have no sin, the truth is not in us and we lie. But on the same hand, we know that there is a law that says that we can live on a higher plane. "The law of life in the spirit has made us free from the law of sin and death." What is the center of our focus? Moses left Egypt, seeing Him that is invisible. This is the key to our progress.

Are the parables a mystery? Do we try to understand all of the principles of the Bible with a Greek mindset or do we appreciate the hidden mysteries that are only revealed in the spirit? If we look into the word of God and see Jesus and realize that we are now living epistles that have not been blotted out of the book (I believe only for a reason for a season if we have) then we see Him who is invisible and because we see Him as He is (in the present moment of the eternal now of God) we are like Him. We become what we see. As we visualize Him, we do what we see Him do and say what we hear the Spirit say. It begins in the hearing and grows into seeing until finally it advances to our very being...In Him we live and move and have our being.

Forget the things that are behind. Adam being a dead man has lost his rights to complain or try to control the circumstances. He has been rendered powerless and is not our present identity...that is unless we continue to willfully do what we know we should not. To fail and fall short is part of our human condition and it is passing away. We therefore rejoice with Paul in Romans 8 and know that there is now therefore no condemnation to those who walk in the spirit and give no place to the flesh. Look Up for your salvation draws nigh. The Kingdom is nigh thee, even in your heart. It is because we have learned with the prophet to hide ourselves at the brook, that we do not want that old man to rear his head and touch the glory that only abides in the Christ. Being hidden in the cleft of the rock, we have been given a new name and a new nature and a new citizenship and a new identity. Christ in us and us in Christ...oh the glory.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum