APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Two on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 pm

cross-eyed

VEIL OF UNDERSTANDING

2Cr 3:12
Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in {our} speech, 2Cr 3:13 and {are} not like Moses, {who} used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. 2Cr 3:14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. 2Cr 3:15 But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; 2Cr 3:16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 2Cr 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, {there} is liberty. 2Cr 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Moses represents law. The law had God’s glory with it. But that glory was not permanent. Like the glory on the face of Moses, it only lasted for a while then it faded. The veil was there to contain the glory from the people. When the glory faded, the veil could then be removed again. But there is a place where that glory never fades, in our individual temple there resides God’s presence within all of us. But there are Christians that can not enter that place because as we see here, there is another veil that separates them from entering into this dimensional understanding of God’s permanent residence. Jesus is the glory and he never fades. He never changes.

Jam 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Who removes the veil?
Jesus is the ONLY power that can remove the veil. But this is saying more than just that even. It’s saying if you want your veil removed, stop preaching other gospels and preach Christ alone and from out of that, everything else will flow. Preaching the gospel of Christ is the key to entering into dimensional understanding because everything that was made, was made “by” Christ, “for” Christ. Everything created points to him, so why would we want to focus on anything else?

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Who “is” the veil?
When understanding the dimensional meaning, this application sheds new light on this passage. John 1:1 says Jesus is the Word. So here we see the Word being the force that separates the soul from the Spirit. Looking at the Tabernacle, the three dimensions being outer court, holy place and Most holy place, and looking at our bodies which we are told are also temples of the Holy Ghost.

My “body” then would be the outer court. My “soul” would be the holy place, and my “spirit would be the most holy place. In the temple there’s a curtain dividing the holy place from the most holy place. Well, the same is in my temple as well. There is a curtain or veil that divides my soul from my spirit. As we see in Hebrews 4, that “dividing curtain” is God’s word. 1 John 1:1 says that the Word is God. (word here being the Greek word ‘logos” meaning “spoken”)

God’s word is a living force within my temple as the mediator between my spirit and my soul.

John 3:31
"He has come from above and is greater than anyone else. I am of the earth, and my understanding is limited to the things of earth, but he has come from heaven.[3:31
31"The One who comes from above is head and shoulders over other messengers from God. The earthborn is earthbound and speaks earth language; the heaven-born is in a league of his own.

Luke 24
44Then he said, "Everything I told you while I was with you comes to this: All the things written about me in the Law of Moses, in the Prophets, and in the Psalms have to be fulfilled." 45He went on to open their understanding of the Word of God, showing them how to read their Bibles this way. 46He said, "You can see now how it is written that the Messiah suffers, rises from the dead on the third day, 47and then a total life-change through the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed in his name to all nations--starting from here, from Jerusalem! 48You're the first to hear and see it. You're the witnesses. 49What comes next is very important: I am sending what my Father promised to you, so stay here in the city until he arrives, until you're equipped with power from on high."

Expanding Revelational Understanding In Me
As I allow Christ to remove the veil from my mind, then His word becomes alive in every aspect of my temple. It’s no longer fixed in one little corner of my understanding or my mind. It is growing throughout my entire belief system, removing the carnality of what I used to call spirituality and purifying me inside and out. Once this is established, then we can see the Revelation of Jesus Christ in it’s purest form throughout all of Scripture as well as creation. Just as the power of Christ removed the stone from the tomb, Jesus said we were all as tombs, the Pharisees are as whitewashed tombs because they adamantly choose religion over relationship.

Just as Jesus resurrection power removed the stone from the tomb of death, so it is that only the power of Christ can remove the veil from our mind. Until we allow these veils to be removed and the veil of Christ to clothe us, we will never be able to comprehend spiritual concepts because Jesus is Spirit and his spirit speaks to my spirit. But if my spirit is veiled, my ability to comprehend what he’s saying becomes limited.

2 Corinthians 3
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord

Veil connects to Virgins
See, this veil isn’t one over the mind as much as it is over the heart. But because the veil is over their heart, their minds are clouded from the truth and also from the freedom of life in Christ. These people with the veil are not pagans. Pagans wouldn’t be assembling for the reading of the Word. These are religious people that call their religion salvation. They are the 5 foolish virgins. They have a glory on them, but it’s temporary. It won’t last. And when the Bride-groom comes and reveals himself, they miss him because they were too distracted with trying to maintain their oil.

You’ll Want to Hang On To This
It’s the same that oil that we see in Zechariah. The difference there is the fact that in Zechariah, the oil is eternal with no assistance from any priests. The need for ministry is over because it is the day of the Sabbath. It is the day of Rest. It is the Day of Christ. Day here is not to mean a specific length of time, but more of a state, or dimension or realm. In the realm of Christ, there is rest and peace. When the veil is removed, the work and labor comes to a rest. So the oil that we see in the lamps of the virgins speaks of the fact that the religious church puts too much emphasis on the ministries and works when they should direct their attention on one thing and one thing only, Jesus.

The five wise virgins did not have to work to obtain enough oil, or anointing, they already had enough. There focus was not on their oil, but the bride groom. The five foolish virgins, or the other half of the entire church, were so focused on their oil, or their activity to attain more oil, that they missed out on the returning of the Groom. This is exactly what Jesus told the Pharisees about them putting so much time and effort in enforcing the law that they don’t even realize that all things that were established were pointing to him and now he’s right in front of them and they don’t even recognize him. To understand and receive a revealing of Christ, is to focus on nothing else but Christ.

Revelation is generational in nature.
Since the early church, and with every succeeding generation, there has been an increase of understanding, because his Word is a “proceeding word”. We have inherited everything God has given our ancestors and combined it with what God is giving us today. Not just our personal ancestors, but the ancestral church. With the new understanding on how Scripture isn’t to be interpreted so much as it is to be “pieced together” with other Scripture, it appears that very little in Revelation is futuristic. The things written in there are things that have already happened. We have to ALLOW OUR TRADITIONS to be laid to rest so we can again become effective.

(Mark 7:7-9)
7They act like they are worshiping me, but they don't mean it. They just use me as a cover for teaching whatever suits their fancy, 8Ditching God's command and taking up the latest fads." 9He went on, "Well, good for you. You get rid of God's command so you won't be inconvenienced in following the religious fashions!

You Need to Be “Hungry” For It
I know we haven’t yet reached Revelation but this isn’t accidental. Ahead of us is a journey of wonderful and immensely deep understanding. But it’s not for those that are only curious or half interested in what I have to say about it. The understanding comes to all of us who are willing to let God mature us according to His truth rather than our doctrinalized interpretation. This is all preparation of what’s to come in the way of understanding truth. God often instructed the Israelites to purify themselves and make ready for a visitation from him. He’s doing the same thing with us now.

Colossians 3
13When you were stuck in your old sin-dead life, you were incapable of responding to God. God brought you alive--right along with Christ! Think of it! All sins forgiven, 14the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant canceled and nailed to Christ's Cross. 15He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets. 16So don't put up with anyone pressuring you in details of diet, worship services, or holy days. 17All those things are mere shadows cast before what was to come; the substance is Christ. 18Don't tolerate people who try to run your life, ordering you to bow and scrape, insisting that you join their obsession with angels and that you seek out visions. They're a lot of hot air, that's all they are. 19They're completely out of touch with the source of life, Christ, who puts us together in one piece, whose very breath and blood flow through us. He is the Head and we are the body. We can grow up healthy in God only as he nourishes us. 20So, then, if with Christ you've put all that pretentious and infantile religion behind you, why do you let yourselves be bullied by it? 21"Don't touch this! Don't taste that! Don't go near this!" 22Do you think things that are here today and gone tomorrow are worth that kind of attention?

Before you can understand what a passage of Scripture means to you now, you must first understand the setting of the people to which the letter or message was originally intended for. Otherwise we are basing assumptions. We try to take a message and assume our personal situations to be included with the original application. In that setting, we miss the original intent of the message. Once we can hear through the ears of those that first received this book, then I can truly understand it.

Rev 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John: Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Rev 1:3 Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand

Who’s it written to?
The people receiving this message were first century Christians. If I want to understand this book by reading it the way they did, I have to then continually be looking over my shoulder. Because when this book was written, it was to those that were being brutally persecuted for their faith in Christ. That’s how John himself ended up on the Island, because of his faith in God. It is believed and documented that the reason John was sent to Patmos in the first place was because they’d already tried to execute him by boiling him in oil and it didn’t phase him. So, they couldn’t physically take his life, so they thought by isolating him on an Island the gospel of Jesus would no longer be spread by him.

John’s writings being screened?
So not only were the ones receiving the message under persecution. You can be sure the writings that John’s captors allowed out were closely scrutinized. But a common Roman soldier has absolutely no understanding of God’s pattern, but John obviously used that fully to his advantage. All the Roman guards saw was a bunch of wild creatures and doom and gloom. If anything, they very well might have allowed this book of Revelation to go out because it had the appearance in all the detailed pictures of death angels and destruction that the end for Israel had come. So they may have figured this letter from a prominent Christian may actually help their cause by spreading the news that their end was at hand.

More on the events of that day
It was during this period of time when many names that made it into what we now have as “The book of Martyrs”. Which is nothing but a record-account of countless believers who went to their horrible deaths because of their proclamations of faith in Christ. During this time, Emperors were the leaders of the world by way of Rome. These twisted dictators took pleasure in the massacring of Christians and recorded many of the shocking details. In one instance it’s recorded that Nero, the emperor of that day, actually enjoyed having Christians dipped in tar and oil, then lit them on fire and hung them on poles at night to light up his garden.

But as this type of torture increased, so did supernatural interventions. John’s ability to survive being boiled in oil without a trace of pain or mutilation wasn’t the only time something like that happened. In fact, it’s recorded also that Nero himself literally went insane because the ones that were being dipped and lit on fire, as they were hanging from their poles and burning to their deaths, they would sing to the Lord in tongues! For that reason, that kind of practiced was stopped.

Put it all to an application
Now, with all the slaughtering and parading of Christian blood happening. Are we then to assume this letter sent to them in what seemed to be their darkest hour, really has anything to do with a time 2000 years later? Are they really interested in the identity of a futuristic antichrist de-sanctifying a temple that no longer exists? Or a computer chip with the number of 666 being surgically implanted?

Are they really interested in a temple to be rebuilt in Jerusalem even though, Jews that are bondservants of Jesus Christ to the point of death, did actually understand that when Jesus died, he did it once and for all. He “was” the sacrifice of all time. So there’s no need to sew up the veil that was ripped and re-institute live animal sacrifice to remove the same sins that Jesus had already died for. Perhaps all the things that we have taught Revelation to mean, has nothing to do with what John was actually trying to illuminate to them. They needed something of substance to get them through the next day. If God wrote that book to these people 2000 years ago, and the majority of the book was to happen 2000 years later then one would have to assume that God is mocking them in their time of persecution.

Rev 1:3 Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand

Blessed are those that read this book . .and “keep it”. If the events taking place in the book aren’t going to happen for another 2,000, how are they expected to “keep” or take care of what’s being said? Some would say that they’re being instructed to “preserve” the book for future generations. The problem with that is, when God gave Daniel visions of what was to come, God told Daniel, that’s for a time to come, seal up what I’ve given you until that time. (Dan.12:4) In that first Daniel is also told that when the time comes for these events to unfold, knowledge will increase.

This isn’t carnal knowledge, or “just” carnal knowledge. In fact, the definition in Strong’s concordance used actually says discernment, understanding, and wisdom. Those are things related to spiritual matters. So we see as knowledge increases, so also will the Revelation of Jesus Christ. What is knowledge but understanding of the things of God? So Daniel was told to seal up what he’d seen. But here in verse 3 that is not the picture. John is telling the church that the time is at hand.

Editor’s note
(The term “at hand” has several meanings. He mentions that it means to “throttle” which indicates we have within our ability to open and close the dimensional flow of revelational understanding. But I looked it up in Strong’s and couldn’t confirm that’s what it meant. What I did find in Vine’s dictionary was that the translation “at hand” is a bit deceptive as it implies it’s coming close to happening. Vine’s says the original wording is saying it’s already started.)

from a primary verb agcho (to squeeze or throttle;
This may be where he got his information, it does have to do with throttling. I got this definition from Blue Letter Bible concordance
End of Note

Rev 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne

DISPENSATIONAL DOCTRINES
This is a foundational passage that the current-day church uses to build a foundation of dispensationalism. This teaching is about the fact that the letters to the 7 churches are actually addressing 7 specific time-periods beginning with the first church in the first century, and ending with the 7th church-period being today’s church. But again, to begin “interpreting” this book in this manner, it warps the pattern for the rest of the book. The interpretation becomes the focus of the message and the revelation of Jesus Christ becomes tainted and veiled. It’d be like trying to take the book of Psalms and declaring it’s a prophetic plan of the future. It takes our focus off of Christ and puts it into wondering about tomorrow and Jesus himself even warned against that kind of thinking. He stated that if the birds needn’t worry about where their next meal comes from, or what tomorrow is going to bring, why should we? This verse specifically says this book is written to an actual geographic location; Asia.

If our interpretations have been off the mark because we keep changing the mold from which everything builds from, what other things have we missed on? What if, in Matthew 24, Jesus isn’t speaking about something 2000 years away in that passage either? What if instead of Jesus foretelling of the end of the world, what if in verse 3 the word “world” isn’t implying “earth” but “age”. What age? How about the entire Judaic system? In other words, everything the Jews had done to create their own identity through religious ceremony, was about to be destroyed in such a horrific manner they would wish they’d never been born. The key is in that word “world” in verse 3.

We’ve been so preprogrammed into filing this entire chapter into our mental “end-times” file that for most who read this, it’s a no-brainer. Because Jesus is telling them the same thing here that we read about in Revelation. But now, if we see Revelation isn’t what we thought it was, could it be that even though this “is” talking about the same events as Revelation, neither of them are talking about the end of the world as we know it, but the end of the religious system and Israel as a nation as “they” knew it.

Following the wrong pattern
And in verse 34 of Matthew 24, when Jesus said “this” generation shall not pass until they’ve seen these things are fulfilled. . .he actually meant “that” generation? See, this is still hard for us to grasp at times because we still don’t fully understand all the sweat and pain that went into establishing Israel as a godly nation. From the day they were first birthed as a nation, they spent generation after generation building on the laws of Moses a whole nation that identified itself with the piety of it’s self-righteous religion. So much so that when Jesus did appear, they didn’t even recognize him because of their religious bondages. Not only did they not recognize them, but they, as a nation openly crucified him with a declaration Matthew 27:25, “His blood be upon us and upon our children.” That literally came into fulfillment in the year 70 A. D. with the destruction of a nation, it’s capital city, and most importantly, it’s entire religious system.

A little history
Jesus died the year 33 A.D.. Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman government in 70 A.D., a generation later. They called for their own destruction. That is what Jesus was prophesying. He prophesied it in Mathew 24 about 32 A.D. and John received the Revelation of Jesus Christ at right around 70 A.D. as well. As the gospel was moving forward, persecution went on the rise as well, and Israel, as they knew it, was gone. When John wrote in Revelation “the time is at hand”. What he was saying was, it’s already begun. Revelation isn’t about something yet to happen in the future, it was written to the believers, to the bondservants of Christ, to let them know it was happening then.

There was a historian named Josepheous (or Josephus) that recorded many of the atrocities that took place during that time period. The very things Jesus was warning them about happened to the letter. Jerusalem was completely destroyed, left in nothing but total ruin. It’s people were slaughtered by the thousands. In fact, over a million were killed. There were so many dead they literally stacked them on top of each other as high as a “horse’s bridle”.

A civil war broke out in Israel while they were still under Roman government as they were in Jesus’ day. The Roman’s initially went in to break up the Jews from fighting against each other and that’s when everything went haywire. Rome in the end, completely and entirely destroyed Jerusalem. There was so much blood that the sea of Galilee turned red with Israel’s blood. Because they rejected Christ and made their proclamation to have his blood on them and their children, they brought the curse of judgement upon themselves and they, along with the generation of their children saw, as Jesus stated in Matthew 24, the fulfillment of this prophetic word for them.

About more than just a City or Nation
See, it wasn’t just Jerusalem that was destroyed. If this was just about Jerusalem, then Jesus wouldn’t be predominantly showing concern over it. If it was just about Jerusalem, Jesus would have been bringing these warnings before Israel lost it’s status as an independent nation. But Rome had been ruling them before Jesus was even born. This is more than just a city, the city, as we all well know has been rebuilt, more than once. But what wasn’t ever rebuilt was the old religious system. Since that day in 70 A.D. Israel has never been allowed to re-establish animal sacrifices. It’s the religious system that was annihilated, never to be returned to again. For 2000 years, many have fought on and over the land of Israel. Even today, now that it’s a recognized independent nation, they still don’t follow the laws established by Moses. It had to be removed in order for the new Covenant to come in.

2 Major enemies of the church
The early church had to ominous enemies. One was the nation of Israel. Paul was dogged by Judahizers through out all of his ministry. Legalist Jewish people who still embraced Christ, but they wouldn’t let go of the Old Jewish system. The other enemy of the new church was the Pagan Rome. During the first century and following, there was a form of worship that began with the Caesers, in fact Caesar Augusta, of Paul’s day made decrees that required all Christians to bring incense and burn before them while declaring that the Caesar was not just “a” God, but was “the” God. That he was the son of God. This is why there was such hatred between the Romans and Christians because no Christian serving Christ would bow to anyone.

This is also where the false Christs were sprouting up as well. Not just Caesar Augusta, but all the progressive Caesers after him were declaring themselves God. The Romans knew if they were to maintain their dominance in all the people surrounding all of Rome which was expanding by the day, then they needed to require and demand the unquestioned loyalty of every person under their rule. They ruled the world with and iron fist.

Victory through Persecution
Interestingly enough, it wasn’t the political effort of the Christians, they didn’t turn the world upside down as a result of political movement or trying to vote their people in to high ranking positions so they could proclaim a vote of righteousness. But Rome, the entire country, became a Christian nation within just a few years time because of Christians that saw themselves as bond-servants of Christ to the point of death. The Roman emperors thought it would eventually be a genocide.

But the more they persecuted them the more the Christians grew in strength and numbers. Today’s church knows nothing of persecution. We’re too cushy and comfortable. We pray against pain and seek comfort. But the pattern of Scripture shows God’s kingdom comes through persecution. We need to be more concerned about our house more than we worry about the Whitehouse. What does this all have to do with the book of Revelation? Because that’s the context from which it all came. When you look it in that perspective, it takes out all the religious jargon we’ve convinced ourselves the book is about. It’s not bad news, because Greater is he that lives within me than he that lives in the world. But it’s time that once we’ve done all we’re able to do in our own power to stand, then stand. Take a stand for whose you are.

Some may say by taking this view of the book of Revelation will then make the book irrelevent for our time and age. But those same people can preach out of the book of Acts, Romans, Ephesians, and those books aren’t irrelevant. Even they were written to the first century Christians then, but the problems they had then, we still have now. But once we see it as a historical setting instead of a futuristic one we can then use it to apply to our experiences today just as we already do with the other texts.

The situation of the seven churches was a time of persecution and suffering. We’re not saying “none” of the book is futuristic, we’re saying “most” of it isn’t.

The timing of things . . .really.
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John: Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Rev 1:3 Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand

If these things are to come to pass “shortly” and the “time is at hand” or has already started, doesn’t 2000 years later seem a bit tardy? Revelation isn’t about a futuristic removal of saintly people so the bad people can finally get theirs. It’s about the end of Israel, the old Jewish temple and Christ victory over Rome. It’s not about the second coming, even though we can find the coming of the Lord there.

There is still going to be a literal return of Christ to this earth where he’ll establish his eternal kingdom. Yet this is not what has always been taught, “the second coming.” That also has already happened. That took place in A.D. 70 when he came and destroyed the temple like he said he would just like he said he would in Matthew 24.

The word “coming” in Revelation is not referring to the second coming, but the coming of the judgement of the two ancient enemies of the church. The Roman government and the nation of Israel itself. It’s Judaic religious system. Jesus actually came many times “after” his death. Some may argue that Scripture says we’re to “physically” see him. He’s come many times and no one recognized his presence here.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen

Clouds of Revelation
The natural assumption with this is that he’s coming out there in the sky. That “can” be one of the understandings of this however it’s important to remember this book is a book of symbols. So if it says he’s coming with clouds, do some homework, do a study on “clouds” and see what resemblance or reference the writers are insinuating when they speak of clouds? When you hear of the phrase “the clouds are getting black”, doesn’t that insinuate an approaching judgement? Or “the clouds are building”, doesn’t that suggest “something” is approaching?

In the clouds, every eye shall see him including those that pierced him. Who pierced Jesus? The religious leaders representing all of Israel. When did he come to them in clouds of judgement? Again, A.D. 70 when he came in and destroyed the entire religious system that he originally established through Moses thousands of years ago. Again, if you do a Scriptural word study of the Lord coming in clouds and you’ll find it’s always connected to coming judgement.

Hebrews 12 states we are encompassed with a great cloud of witnesses. Jude talks about clouds without water and stars as they are “wandering” about. What does “water” do? It is what makes the “seeds” of the teachers grow. This book is not a western book so we can’t read it according to our western cultures and idealisms. It’s an eastern book written with signs and symbols of the eastern cultures.

Inheriting the Land
It’s not about taking sides, but it’s about taking over. We are called in Galatians 3 “the seed of Abraham”. Not seeds, but seed. He’s not using that analogy just because Abraham is the father of many nations but he would “give him the land.” So as the seed of Abraham that the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the we too “inherit” the land. We’re not leaving in a Rapture, we’re taking possession of this land which the Lord has promised to us.

Galations 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ
:29
And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

The promise includes everything from spiritual to physical and back again. Redemption of the bondage of our sins to eternal life with Christ, and also possession of the land of promise that was waiting for the descendants of Abraham physically, as well as us. God’s going to remove the wicked from the righteous as it was in the days of Noah when the righteous were spared but the wicked were removed. Not the other way around.

Not only the seed of Abraham, but also the seed of David. Not only does Abraham have the rights to the land, but also the rights to the throne. If we are of Christ, we are also of Abraham’s seed. The enemy is not evicting us from the land, but the Lord is going to be evicting the enemy.

A Revelation of Love and Promise
John was 80-some years old, he was exiled to Patmos because they tried to martyr him like the other disciples but he wouldn’t boil. But now in verse 9 John is sharing his relationship with the Lord along with the others that were in persecution as well, as the King James reads “tribulation” for their faith in Jesus Christ.

As John is on the island, overlooking the blue sea that surrounds the island, the scene of what’s in front of him comes alive and the heavens open up before him and blinding light shines all around and God “catches him up” into another dimension of understanding and he was “carried away” to a whole new world of symbolism and signs. As he gazes in a panoramic view of all the things God was showing him and had happened, was happening, and was yet to happen. John saw it all in it’s entirety.

Then, with pen in hand, he began to write a message to those that were still struggling from one day to the next because of the severity of the persecution happening to them and their families. And as they were crying out in desperation for God’s hand to intervene, John began to write to them the things that were unfolding before their very eyes as their Redeemer was orchestrating a supernatural campaign against the forces of darkness that appeared to have such a tight grip on the Christian church of that day. Victory was theirs and John witnessed it all before his very eyes.

“Blessed are they that read the contents of this message.” In other words, when you guys get an idea of what’s coming to the bondservants of Christ . . you are going to just, freak, out. This message of victory is going to bless you sooo much when you read this. So take heart, help is on the way. Not 2000 years from now, but it has already begun to come as I speak.

This is a completely different understanding that the mainline churches currently believe, however, as they open themselves up to what the Holy Spirit is doing to the church with a fresh wind blowing, they too will see the next dimension beyond our current system of understanding. How do we know this? For those who are walking in the Spirit, and all being of the same Spirit, when the Spirit reveals Christ, it’s to all the church, yet not all the church will see it. Only those that have become the bondservants for Christ will be able to grasp the intimate understanding of His Word.

Willing to Receive Constructive Criticism

Acts 18:24
Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures. Act 18:25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; Act 18:26 and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. Act 18:27 And when he wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him; and when he had arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace, Act 18:28 for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ

Apollos was a man mighty in Scripture (Acts 18) he was “instructed in the way of the Lord” He was brilliant, elequant, and effective. Then comes other disciples that heard his message and took him aside and explain to him not that he was doing it all wrong, but they simply explained things to him “more perfectly”. In other words, they took him to deeper dimensions of understanding the Scriptures he had already learned and understood. God is doing the same thing today. What we’ve learned in the past isn’t bad, there’s just more to it than what we’ve been taught. For such a time as this, the Holy Spirit is now leading the body into a “more perfect way.”

Preparing for the double portion of Manna
Jesus himself told the people “Those that are open to my teaching, more understanding will be given to them.” The Israelites were to gather only as much manna as they would need for that day. But on the 6th day, there would be twice as much available to them because they were to prepare for the day of rest. We are currently seeing the 6th day beginning to make the transition into the 7th, the day of rest. This is why there seems to be a deeper revelation of Jesus Christ becoming available to today’s church. We’re about to enter into God’s 7th day.

As we’re gathering and gathering and gathering and beginning to worry about understanding it all and keep up with it all but don’t worry, understand that it will keep. It won’t go to waste. God is going to let you get twice as much as you’re used to. And as you’re gathering all of it up and you’re looking at it and you’re asking yourself “what is it?” The meaning of the word for manna. As we gather the revelation, we may not understand what it is right away, but know that the body needs this food for growth. The church needs to digest this in order for it to grow.

This coincides with the passages of Scripture that state “a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day.” From Adam to today has been roughly 6,000 years, or 6 days. Be ready for the 7th day to be dawning shortly. As a child grows from infancy to adolescence to preteens and so on, the diet of what they eat changes as well. This is how the body of Christ also goes. Even though the Israelites didn’t know what it was, they ate it and their clothing never wore out the entire 40 years. This manna is spiritual endurance, is your temple capable to contain it?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum