APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hear God - Live Tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 pm

todosan

Let the Voices Be Silent

Ok, this has come up several times in the dialogs. Even Nathan has shown some reluctance about hearing God’s voice. I too, have the same concerns, but have a different slant on this now.
When someone says, “The Lord said….” Sadly it throws up a red flag. That is because this phraseology has started some of the most heinous lies to ever infiltrate the church. I have witnessed it first hand, only to see those people fade away after the test comes.

So first, I cannot emphasize enough how important the word is. Not so much the logos, but the rhema. The more we understand the meaning, the better prepared we will be to avoid the slippery slope of “God said…”
The problem comes shortly after a person gets saved. The tuning ability is not there and thus many things pass as God when they are not. But does God want us to hear ? ABSOLUTELY!!!

When they came up out of Egypt, they passed through the Red Sea (you’ll have to wait) and we know that this timing was at the time of Passover. The Lord passed over the homes of Israel and took the first born of Egypt according to Pharaoh’s decree. They then moved to Mt. Sinai to be consecrated unto the Lord .

Here was the command:
Exodus 19:8-10 Then all the people answered together and said, “All that the LORD has spoken we will do.” So Moses brought back the words of the people to the LORD. 9 And the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I come to you in the thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and believe you forever.”
So Moses told the words of the people to the LORD.

10 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes.

When the day came, it was a different story. Lightnings, thunders, and the like. It was terrifying. The people said in one voice, “NOT US !!! NO WAY!!!”

But it is what they said that is so intriguing. They refused to hear God. Here’s the proof.
Exodus 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”
So, interestingly, this was at the time of Pentecost, or the wheat harvest. The Feast of Weeks takes place at this time. The purpose of them being there was so that they would be endowed with the ability to hear God individually. It was preparation for what lie ahead, namely the Feast of Tabernacles.

In this particular year, the 50th Jubilee from Adam, there was a special prize awaiting the children of Israel. That year the Jubilee would come on the beginning of the Feast of Tabernacles, which I believe is called the Feast of Trumpets (the birthday of Jesus). It was to be a grand celebration. However, keep in mind that the children refused to hear God for themselves. Instead of celebrating the Jubilee, they failed to enter in by faith to the Promise. They spoke against God very late in the journey and thus the grand entry into the Promised Land became instead the Day of Atonement.
You see, they had come to the Promise in the fall. The were to enter the land and take it by the sword of the Lord, the word of God. The people therein would have been brought to life. Instead, 40 years later, they return at the time of Passover. It wasn’t enough to perish in the desert, they would miss the Feast of Tabernacles too.

Since they did not hear God for themselves, and they did not receive the gift of life in Tabernacles, they entered into the natural land without entering the rest of God.

Heb 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,[a] not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
Why was it not mixed with faith? Because the rejected the voice of God in the wilderness at Mt. Sinai. They did not have the substance necessary to go into the Promise and fulfill the pattern leading to spiritual inheritance. When the nation finally did go in under Joshua, they went in at Passover, the feast of blood and guts, the judgment against the flesh nature of Adam. Instead of wielding the sword of the Lord, they wielded the sword of the flesh. They put the nation to death and the rest is history. Death begets death.

Since then, the church has followed the same pattern, returning each cycle to Passover. The cross the cross the cross the cross and then the cross. Most of the standard church goers never leave Passover and criticize those who do. The crazy Pentecostals (feast of weeks)….And then most of the Pentecostals are quick to criticize those who grow up out of the system, calling them backsliders or heretics. But there is a place of rest that we are admonished to come to after Pentecost. This is Tabernacling with the Lord. It comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. It is a mandatory Feast, like the others. God has mandated His fullness for us all !!!!! If you get that, you know that He has called you to His greatest work… Hallelujah!!!

7b: “Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”[e]

Do you think I am out there? NO! This is a big darn deal….

Matt 13:1414 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; 15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should[a] heal them.’

I would say to you that healing eludes those who do not see or hear. They have not heard enough to go on to Tabernacles, therefore their lives are spent at Passover.

So why did they not want to hear? They were afraid of death..

Exodus 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”
Do you think it is a small thing to fear? It costs us everything.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Folks, the creation is about to undergo liberation. The fear of death will no longer keep men from Tabernacling with God.

2 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm

cross-eyed

What a fitting message for a new place 2 rest in this venue. I never realized it was 50 Jubilees from Adam. that's the first time I've ever seen anyone measure Jubilees . . . aside from Genesis 6 where God decreed that the days of man will be 120 years . . . multiplying 120 by Jubilee, which is Jesus himself, he is the Sabbath of Sabbaths . . you get the sum of 6000 or . . . 6 days. The days of man will be six days. Why? Because the day following is the Sabbath Day of Rest. We are the evidence that this is the dawning, this generation, this millenium is the beginning of the Sabbath day of all the earth. The atmosphere of religion has changed from works-based mentality to Rest in Relationship bringing Revelation from God, unveiling the nature of Christ in us, the hope of glory.

3 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 pm

todosan

The 120th Jubilee was in 1986, in the fall. Since 120 is symbolic of the outpouring of the holy Spirit, we should see things to change at that time. This excerpt is from Dr. Stephen Jones' blog. When I read this, I about fell over...

In other words, theoretically, if the people had gone into their land inheritance at that time-the Feast of Tabernacles in the 50th Jubilee from Adam-they would have returned to the inheritance that they had lost in Adam-the glory of the Lord, the glorified body, the "land inheritance" of the highest order. They refused it. Thus, there yet remains a rest for the people of God to inherit (Heb. 4:9).

This particular prophecy is mentioned five times in the Old Testament: Numbers 14:21, Psalm 72:19, Isaiah 6:3, Isaiah 11:9, and Habakkuk 2:14. The prophet Habakkuk connects this prophecy directly to the Flood of Noah's day by saying,

14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

So the day is yet coming when the Spirit of God will be poured out upon the earth in like manner as the water was poured out in Noah's day. It is the fullness of the Spirit, of which we have presently only received a down payment under Pentecost.

The Flood of Noah's day set up the problem by removing the Spirit from man. The spiritual Flood resolves the problem by putting His Spirit back into man. The Flood of water occurred after 120 years; the Flood of the Spirit occurs after 120 Jubilees. As we said earlier, the fall of 1986 was the 120th Jubilee. This was the beginning, the hinge point of the outpouring of the Spirit. You must know this foundation in order to appreciate what God has been doing since that year to prepare the hearts of the Overcomers to receive His fullness.

4 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:03 pm

cross-eyed

Joshua 3
14-16 And that's what happened. The people left their tents to cross the Jordan, led by the priests carrying the Chest of the Covenant. When the priests got to the Jordan and their feet touched the water at the edge (the Jordan overflows its banks throughout the harvest), the flow of water stopped. It piled up in a heap—a long way off—at Adam, which is near Zarethan.

Huh. what d'ya know about that.

5 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:48 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:What a fitting message for a new place 2 rest in this venue. I never realized it was 50 Jubilees from Adam. that's the first time I've ever seen anyone measure Jubilees . . . aside from Genesis 6 where God decreed that the days of man will be 120 years . . . multiplying 120 by Jubilee, which is Jesus himself, he is the Sabbath of Sabbaths . . you get the sum of 6000 or . . . 6 days. The days of man will be six days. Why? Because the day following is the Sabbath Day of Rest. We are the evidence that this is the dawning, this generation, this millenium is the beginning of the Sabbath day of all the earth. The atmosphere of religion has changed from works-based mentality to Rest in Relationship bringing Revelation from God, unveiling the nature of Christ in us, the hope of glory.

I have not seen it this way before! What a different message from what we have always been taught. I now see why Jesus consistently told his disciples, Fear NOT! All that was drilled into me my whole life was fear. To be free from this is awesome. Now, THIS is GOOD NEWS!! Bless you all!

6 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:41 pm

It is the pleasure of man to instill fear in the hearts of other men. It is how he builds kingdoms unto himself.

When we know the Truth, the Truth sets us free. The hirelings say that hell is waiting for those who those who don't follow the program that they have laid out for their followers. The Shepherd says that all of creation will be restored to glory and reconciled to the Father. This is why it is so important to hear God's voice, whereas many will prefer to hear what man says that God is saying. It is not a matter of who will be saved and who will perish, but only of which harvest will take you. Are you barley, to be winnowed by the Wind of His Spirit? Are you wheat, to be thrashed at the threshing floor? Or shall you be a grape, to be trodden in the winepress? A wise philosopher friend once told me, "the Lord will take you the easiest way you'll go," but go you will, as we'll all return to Him in our season.

7 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 pm

LindaY

DavidHarreld wrote:It is the pleasure of man to instill fear in the hearts of other men. It is how he builds kingdoms unto himself.

When we know the Truth, the Truth sets us free. The hirelings say that hell is waiting for those who those who don't follow the program that they have laid out for their followers. The Shepherd says that all of creation will be restored to glory and reconciled to the Father. This is why it is so important to hear God's voice, whereas many will prefer to hear what man says that God is saying. It is not a matter of who will be saved and who will perish, but only of which harvest will take you. Are you barley, to be winnowed by the Wind of His Spirit? Are you wheat, to be thrashed at the threshing floor? Or shall you be a grape, to be trodden in the winepress? A wise philosopher friend once told me, "the Lord will take you the easiest way you'll go," but go you will, as we'll all return to Him in our season.

Bless you David! This is so true. Thank you for providing the pictures of the differences, I love it! I never want to go back to that place again, living in fear. I hope I'm the barley.

He is not the one who gives us a spirit of fear but of love, and power and a SOUND MIND. Man taught me to fear but, Christ has brought me into freedom in and through Him. cheers

Last edited by LindaY on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)

8 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm

cross-eyed

These great contrasts David posted are exactly what Jesus was talking about when he was saying that in the kingdom, the last will be first and the least will be the greatest. To me, he was saying that spiritual reality is the opposite of natural reason. Religion is the offspring from men who have taken spiritual truth and blended it with natural logic. This is what Genesis 6 speaks about where the sons of God slept with the daughters of men and produced GIANTS that induced fear and intimidation.

Goliath was also a giant . .. 6 fingers on each hand, 6 toes on each foot and a spear that weighed 600 shekels, his height was 6 cubits and a span . . .the number 6 is all over him. 6, the number that so many have inflicted fear due to their inaccurate connection with the devil .. . (rabbit trail) which for me is still accurate, just not the devil/satan/lucifer that they all beleive him to be. But the number 6 is merely the number of man. He wore brass for a helmet and a coat of mail also made of brass . . .the same element the altar of sacrifice was made of in the OUTER COURT . . .symbolizing judgment.

40 days he taunted Israel but never once did he cross that brook from which David equipped himself with the 5 smooth stones. We take that for granted, but in the dialog there, there's one key word that explains why Goliath never actually advanced on Israel . . .I call it m&m because it's hard to pronounce, but it's actually called "Ephesdammim".

The Holy Spirit is setting the stage here for another profound spiritual principle and a surface dwelling believer will easily miss it when they embrace "just" the story . . .or even the moral of the story. But when you get down into the spiritual river that lies beneath it all . .

the picture here is two mountains. On one side, God's chosen elect, on the other, their nemisis and a river flows in between.

1st Samuel 17
1 Now the Philistines gathered together their armies to battle, and were gathered together at Shochoh, which belongeth to Judah, and pitched between Shochoh and Azekah, in Ephesdammim. (huge key)

2 And Saul and the men of Israel were gathered together, and pitched by the valley of Elah, and set the battle in array against the Philistines.

3 And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them.

We've talked about how there are two mountains within us, one of spirit, one of flesh and for me, it's not so much that the spirit wars with flesh as much as it is the flesh wars with the spirit. In this picture, carnality inflicts fear, intimidation and even confusion among the Israelites. 40 days without anyone throwing a spear, shooting an arrow . ..skipping a rock! The entire army of the enemy put ALL of it's faith in that one symbol . . .carnality. And in all that time, carnality NEVER advanced on the chosen elect. Why? the tip off for me is in the definition of that "m&m" word. It's definition is . . .(wait for it . . .) "the edge of blood". It's a picture of the fact that the carnality in us, as arrogant and scarey as it inflates itself to appear, it CAN NOT cross the blood line of our spirit man. Crazy ain't it??

In the spirit, last is first and least is greatest . . .everything is the opposite of what it appears to be in the natural. Goliath didn't advance on Israel because he chose not to, he didn't advance because he "couldn't" advance and David not only "could" cross it, he flowed from it. Taking the five stones from the brook . . .the guy actually left Saul with nothing but an empty sling! He went "into" the brook empty handed, he came out of it equipped to bring down the carnal man with the Rock of Ages and separated it's head with the Word of God (sword is symbolic for the Word in us).

9 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:46 pm

cross-eyed wrote:It's a picture of the fact that the carnality in us, as arrogant and scarey as it inflates itself to appear, it CAN NOT cross the blood line of our spirit man.

I am beginning to see this! Very Happy

10 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

cross-eyed

Another picture of that same principle is the fact that when Eve (my mind) ate of the fruit of knowledge (natural reasoning) nothing happened. Things didn't fall apart until Adam RECEIVED from his Eve the fruit of knowledge. Immediately fear manifested in both.

11 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:49 pm

LindaY

I posted a long message in the thread here to all of you and for some reason it didn't display. Crying or Very sad Before I try again with my long message, I want to make sure this works.

Ok, all of you. I don't know if your quick reply section is working but it didn't for me. I hit reply at the bottom of your thread this time and it worked but the quick reply didn't so, let us know if you have the same issues.

12 slow to speak, quick to listen on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 am

Hibbs

Hello all;

Being new to the group, I thought it would be more important to listen and hear than to speak and be found out as a foolish man...also I have not participated much in other forums or blogs. I am enjoying the discussions and look forward to sharing. Seems like the two witnesses and hearing go together since "He confirms His word by two or three witnesses." Its amazing how the witnesses echo: Spirit and Word, Water and Blood, Law and Prophets, Father and Son, Flesh and Spirit, Zion and Sinai, The street of the city (Broadway) and Straight Street, Two men (Adam and Christ), Ying and Yang (to borrow from other truths) and on and on.

Seems to me that the more we hear, the more present we become to the moment at hand. Since Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy and is "an ever present help in the time of trouble" in hearing God we live today..."Today, if you will hear His voice..." We spend so much time looking to the future that we sometimes lose the realization that we only have grace for the moment and that His grace is sufficient for the day at hand. Life and death are all around us, Let's be found alive in Him. Just a thought... more than I had intended.

13 Re: Hear God - Live Tomorrow on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:04 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hibbs wrote:Hello all;

Being new to the group, I thought it would be more important to listen and hear than to speak and be found out as a foolish man...also I have not participated much in other forums or blogs. I am enjoying the discussions and look forward to sharing. Seems like the two witnesses and hearing go together since "He confirms His word by two or three witnesses." Its amazing how the witnesses echo: Spirit and Word, Water and Blood, Law and Prophets, Father and Son, Flesh and Spirit, Zion and Sinai, The street of the city (Broadway) and Straight Street, Two men (Adam and Christ), Ying and Yang (to borrow from other truths) and on and on.

Seems to me that the more we hear, the more present we become to the moment at hand. Since Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy and is "an ever present help in the time of trouble" in hearing God we live today..."Today, if you will hear His voice..." We spend so much time looking to the future that we sometimes lose the realization that we only have grace for the moment and that His grace is sufficient for the day at hand. Life and death are all around us, Let's be found alive in Him. Just a thought... more than I had intended.

Good Thoughts indeed, as Priest of God we stand in the middle of The Jordan (Death) all around us, UNTIL All be Clean passed over. And even on the other side, they too will be circumcised.
Josh. Ch. 4&5:-

God is Good, No, He is "GREAT"!!!!
Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum