APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revelation Tape One

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Revelation Tape One on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:45 am

cross-eyed

A Little Preparation
Before we begin, it will help your study of this book through these notes, if you understand some of the keys I’ve sort of evolved into and used as I wrote these out. First and foremost, understand that this particular study of Revelation is based on Randall Worley’s 34-tape series. I transcribed his messages word-for-word as a way of allowing this whole new perspective of understanding Scripture to solidify in my spirit as well. As a result, I’ve taken these notes and used them in a teaching of my own. Randall Worley is an awesome man of God that has been in this for many years. His accomplishments in ministry are endless.

He was raised in the “Church of God’” denomination which he eventually resigned from as a result of the contrast of foundational beliefs that he found himself maturing into. He’s been ordained as a bishop in some circles. He’s been a senior Pastor for over 25 years, and has recently gone full-time into taking this kingdom message, not just Revelation, abroad with a desire to be a part of God’s plan to set his bride free from the religions she’s bound herself in. When he first began seeing the book of Revelation for what it now is, he did not release it for 10 years or more. It was something that God just allowed to come into full maturity within him before sharing it with his church.

It was also never his personal intention to have this teaching become what it has, a complete series of extensive teaching on the key points of the entire book. But again, it’s quite evident now that it was God’s will for this to come about all along. Now, there are some patterns I’ve sort of evolved into as I wrote this out. First, when you see a bold box with Scripture in it, for example . . .(this format did not carry over into the forum format.)

Revelation 11The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

These boxes are containing the Scripture context ONLY. Whenever the context of Revelation is used, it will always be in this box. There are also many Scripture references included in these notes, they will be indented, with no box, and often times may be of another translation, primarily the Message Translation. The text boxes are always in King James. You’ll also see either text, reference Scripture or just the commentary itself underlined. (Also didn't carry over in forum format) I’ve added these in through the course of teaching it. They are points I personally wanted to be sure were emphasized as I would teach it.

There will also be occasions where I’ve inserted in some word studies. Let me challenge you to not skip over them. As you read through them, you’ll see patterns of truth begin to emerge in your understanding that you never knew existed. The truth is, these things you’re about to read may very well be the first time your mind has encountered them, but you need to know that your spirit has known these things since your conception. It was just waiting for your mind to catch up. We’ll get much more in-depth in this later on.

Lastly, when you see the heading in bold “Editor’s Note” this is indicating that I am inserting my own thoughts and ideas throughout this entire study. There should always be a notice “End of Edit” at the end of each of these inserts to let you know where my comments end and Randall’s pick up again. I’ll warn you now, if you are honest to yourself about desiring truth, you won’t get very far into this before you find your own understanding being transformed as well. This study is not one that you can add to your library of commentaries. It’s one that will completely change your identity if you are truly hungry for truth that has not been adulterated. With that, let this tool form and shape you into the image of Christ that you were destined to become. It’s time to begin.

“Traditions of men”
Mark 7:5-13 Replace – Ignore – reject

So the Pharisees and teachers of religious law asked him, "Why don't your disciples follow our age-old customs? For they eat without first performing the hand-washing ceremony."6Jesus replied, "You hypocrites! Isaiah was prophesying about you when he said, 7`These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away Their worship is a farce, for they replace God's commands with their own man-made teachings.' 8For you ignore God's specific laws and substitute your own traditions."9Then he said, "You reject God's laws in order to hold on to your own traditions.10For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: `Honor your father and mother,' and `Anyone who speaks evil of father or mother must be put to death.'11But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, `Sorry, I can't help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I could have given to you.'12You let them disregard their needy parents.13As such, you break the law of God in order to protect your own tradition. And this is only one example. There are many, many others." Message Translation

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
KJV

GO TO LAST PAGE FOR WORD SEARCH RESULTS FOR THE WORD “EFFECTS”

Editor’s Note(Next 5 pages)
Being Forewarned.
I think it’s extremely important that we get this out right at the top of this teaching. I have personally taught on the book of Revelation before this, and I have to say, this teaching that we’re about to embark on now is a far cry from the traditional way I’ve taught it before. The reason it’s not even going to be close to the traditional way I taught it before is because there’s been a change in my life that I’ve come to understand even though I professed life, my life was a life according to the Law of the Lord as opposed to a life that is according to the Life-giving Lord. Living by the laws of doctrine restrict and confine your ability to experience any true form of freedom. I’ve since stopped trying to live for Jesus and have found it so much more gratifying to just let him live in me. In this way, when he brings something new, I don’t have to hold it up to my previous set of standards to conclude whether it’s authentic or not. The life and freedom that results from it is evidence enough.

Jesus said that when we know the truth, the truth will set us free. You will see a lot of references to this as you go through this study. It’s so key for you to be aware of where your own state of mind is also. This study is going to be tearing a lot of stuff down that men built up in you that God never ordained or established. All with good intentions, but still, all flesh and blood. This whole entire study is based on the difference between living according to religion, or according to relationship.

Redefining My Identity
To understand this, you need to see that the majority of mainline churches today have identified themselves more with their doctrine about Jesus, than their relationship with him. This all stems from one tiny revelation that impacts the believers entire walk. That is understanding first that the entire Bible is dimensional. Meaning that every story, every person, every action has a much deeper spiritual significance than the story itself. Just for example, do a word study on the word “stone,” or “rock,” or “uncut stone.” Then go back and read about David and Goliath again and see what’s different.

This study on Revelation is a study on keys.
Keys of understanding that will give you an entirely different perspective on not just Revelation, but on all of Scripture. There are key passages of Scripture that will be used as plumb lines so to speak, that will remind us that as we go through this, we must, not should, not even need, but we must lay down everything that we thought we knew about this book and truly let the book interpret itself. I’ve heard this said before, but then it’s never actually done without personal interpretation. So, let’s take a look at a couple Scriptures to help us open this Revelation of Jesus Christ.

5They serve in a place of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven. For when Moses was getting ready to build the Tabernacle, God gave him this warning: "Be sure that you make everything according to the design I have shown you here on the mountain. Hebrews 8

The old system in the law of Moses was only a shadow of the things to come, not the reality of the good things Christ has done for us. The sacrifices under the old system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship. Hebrews 10:1

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:20

Jesus Is the Ark
These three passages are major keys to unlocking why things are written in Scripture. To understand these, will open up many areas that we’ve traditionally over looked. To understand that the simple act of Moses being spared his life due to an ark is a powerful type and shadow of Jesus as the ark. Sparing the process or ability of a nation to be birthed into a covenant, the same that was promised to Abraham, through the man of Moses. The water he was floating along in that little ark made by his mother that carried him into the bulrushes, represents a type of baptism of his own. He then led the massive nation of 3 million Jews into a baptism through the red sea as they were leaving Egypt.

Rejection is a Dangerous Road
Once you apply these passages to the typical stories of Scripture, it becomes clear that there’s a whole world of revelational understanding that the church as a whole is still yet to experience. Matthew 13:12 is another foundational teaching that explains why mainline churches reject this spiritual approach as opposed to the traditional approach of this book. If you reject the foundation, you reject the framework, the coverings, the planning, the blue-prints, everything after that point will be indigestible to you simply because your rejection of this message is an act that is fulfilling Scripture in and of itself.

Matthew 13:12
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

New Living Translation
10His disciples came and asked him, "Why do you always tell stories when you talk to the people?" 11Then he explained to them, "You have been permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others have not. 12To those who are open to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But to those who are not listening, even what they have will be taken away from them. 13That is why I tell these stories, because people see what I do, but they don't really see. They hear what I say, but they don't really hear, and they don't understand
Doing What’s Right, For All the Wrong Reasons

I never fully understood this passage until I experienced the tree of life for myself. See, when you begin understanding that you do what you do because of your relationship with Christ, and not because the Bible says so, it frees you from your own self-condemnation when you can’t live up to the standards the Laws of Scripture establish. It’s hard for my flesh to let go and stop trying to please God, as well as my own conscience through my works. For instance, I feel more spiritual if I go to church every Sunday and Wednesday night.

The church attendance is works. Or I’d caused it to become that. The change is in my heart. Oh, I still go to church on Sundays and Wednesday nights, but I do it as a result of my relationship, not because someone’s made it a law. The reason this is so powerful is because when you understand that you do things from a relationship perspective and not one of law, then you’re unable to beat yourself up when you mess up here and there because you know, through your relationship, that God forgives you and still loves being in you and it’s Him doing the work in you, not of your own efforts, but of his power and grace.

A Book of Seeds
Another powerful thing that living in life and not in law does to the believer is, it restrains them from enforcing their laws on others. See, the Bible is a lot of things to a lot of people. For the sake of discussion, I see this book as a book of three things. One, it’s a book of seeds. When Jesus spoke in parables (which is also symbols) he referred to a story of the 4 types of soil. Traditionally, we’ve always emphasized the soil of this passage and not the seed. In Matthew 13, beginning in verse 18 we see the explanation of the 4 soils. The hard ground, the rocky ground, and the thorn-infested ground and the well nurtured ground were all types of people. But regardless of the different types of people, the seed is the same. The seed is the word of God.

So, I can then conclude that the Word of God is seed that is to be “planted” into my spirit, not forced. When I look at the word of God in this sense, then it causes me to see the word of God is not to be forced on anyone. So for me to force what I think God says on to you, I’m becoming a law enforcer, rather than a light-bearer.

The Second Thing The Word of God Is . . .
So, the first thing the Word of God is to me is, it’s a book of seeds, for me. The second thing that it is to me is, it’s a book of patterns. There is a powerful order that God has established in both the heavens and in the earth. The Bible is full of keys that unlock those patterns, but these things are things that can’t be taught by one man to another. But they are things that the Holy Spirit can only reveal to us. He uses men to raise the awareness of truth, but only the Spirit can actually reveal the depths of understanding what that truth is. From numbers, to colors, to personal experiences, all things in Scripture are patterns of Christ. The tabernacle of Moses is a pattern of Christ, it’s a picture of the cross. The 7 days of creation are a pattern of God’s nature. Everything is a pattern of something deeper and more powerful.

The third thing the Bible is to me, is time-tables. The reason we’re now seeing what we’re seeing is because of a fulfillment of a spiritual timetable originally laid in Genesis, we’ll get to that in a minute. The reason why Israel was led into the promise land was because the original inhabitants living in Caanan came into the fullness of their iniquity. The reason why Israel was in Babylonian captivity for as long as they were was due to a timetable established by God. I could go on and on, it’s all about seeds, patterns and timetables.

Creating Public Doctrine From Personal Desires
So, when we have these teachings that come to us because we are all longing to experience more of Jesus, we must lay down our own understanding in order to have him establish his original intent. When I take his desires and make them a doctrine, I’ve just disgraced his intent to bring life and liberty because I’ve turned it into something that people have to force themselves to adhere to, rather than let God bring these things to them through his own relationship with them. See the difference? This is not saying that doctrine is bad. Timothy speaks about the fact that the word of God is useful for doctrine.

But the point we miss is, this doctrine is the same as the relationship, it’s “mine”. Just as it’s not my place to force my relationship with God on you, it’s also not my place to force you to agree with my doctrine. I can share with you what I believe and understand from my personal experience, you can take it or leave it, but for me to create a declaration for all others to submit to is not the intent of what God had in mind. Yet that’s really what our denominations have traditionally done through our membership practices.

The Word of God Illuminates Truth
In that same passage of the seed planter, we saw just several verses earlier of King James translation of what happens to those that reject his Word. But because of my culture and limited understanding, I never grasped the depth of that passage until I read it in other translations. But it’s basically doing two things also. It’s helping me understand why people reject this kingdom message with such confidence, and it also shows those same people why they can’t understand where I’m coming from.

Matthew 13
11He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. 12Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. 13That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it. 14I don't want Isaiah's forecast repeated all over again: Your ears are open but you don't hear a thing. Your eyes are awake but you don't see a thing.
15The people are blockheads! They stick their fingers in their ears so they won't have to listen; They screw their eyes shut so they won't have to look, so they won't have to deal with me face-to-face and let me heal them.
Message Translation

This teaching is going to stretch you.
You can not try to mix it in with what you’ve traditionally understood because it won’t work at all. Just as Jesus literally removed the Old Covenant System with Israel in order to establish his New Covenant, so he must also remove the old traditional system from you here and now in order for you to receive his revelation and it’s intent. May the Lord open your mind and unlock your understanding to his truths. But hang on, this is going to mess you up!

Learning How To Read Scripture As It Was Originally Intended
I’m adding this in after I have gone through almost the entire study of Revelation. I want to add just one thing that I’ve always wished they would have done when I went through the traditional school of ministry concerning the studying of the Scriptures. I didn’t have this until mid-way through this study and it’s not Randall that said it in the fashion I’m about to tell you, but through Randall’s gift to revelate, God did show me this as a result.

The most predominant thing you’re going to see in this study is that any given passage of Scripture has more than one meaning. I think this is the biggest problem with traditional teaching is that they don’t allow for any other interpretation other than the “one” that they’ve decided it to be. That’s why it’s so important to understand it’s a book of seeds. The end result looks nothing like the beginning. Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying with that. Most agree that you can easily find more than one message in any given passage and you can apply all of them to your daily life. I still agree with that as well, but that’s not what I’m saying here.

The reality is, there are three stages to the seed, the first being the seed itself, planted in the fertile ground, 2nd is the death of the seed and in dying, it miraculously transitions to sprouting into a living plant. And third is the fruit that is harvested. In the same way, there are 3 dimensions in every passage of Scripture as well. Understanding that one key, will increase your ability to grasp everything else. Why 3? Jesus said that he is the “same” yesterday, today, and forever. If you want to know who Jesus is, that’s who he is, he is dimensional just as we are dimensional but we never exercise that area of our beings so it’s alien to us.

That’s what he told John in the first chapter of Revelation “I am who was, is, and is to come, then 11 verses later he told John “write that which was, that which is, and that which is to come”. You’ll see this as we cover it in this study, In other words, I’m going to reveal to you my fullness, in every dimension of who I am and I want you to record it for the rest of my bride. That is actually how were to understand all passages of Scripture, in three dimensions. They are as follows.

Walk In the Spirit
What I’m about to explain to you is truly the foundation of how and why we now see what we see. The key is to fulfill the commandment in Scripture that calls us to walk in the spirit. We’re not to walk in emotion, or in knowledge, but we’re to walk in the spirit. The Bible is dimensional. It has a natural truth, it has a moral truth, and it has a spiritual truth. The place where we are to engage in is not the natural or the moral, all though it’s important to note that they are just as necessary as the spiritual. Because there is an order to this that we’re all required to walk in.

Before you enter into the Holy of holies, you must first experience the articles established in the outer and inner courts. Before you can freely be in the spiritual realm and flow in spiritual truths, there are other steps that are required to be taken that lead you here, but there’s no shortcuts. Salvation, baptism, ministry activities are all a part of it, but they are not the whole, nor are they the goal. The goal is in the holy of holies, that place, that person of rest. It’s the third dimension that we are called to walk in. That is where the emphasis is to be, and that is why this teaching of Revelation is so different. It’s a revelation of Jesus Christ, from a position and perspective of rest, rather than works. So, for a little more explanation of the differences between these dimensions, let’s look at them in the order they come.

1st dimension is the story itself. The historical account of the passage. (That which “was”) There really was a Noah’s ark. There really was a David and Goliath, they are all true and to be taken as historical fact, which your traditional mainline churches don’t have a problem with. However, they’re not to be the emphasis. 1st dimensional truth is important to know, but it’s never supposed to be your main course. You can’t see the spiritual truth in it if you don’t know the story itself, so it’s very important, but for those who go so far as to try to prove that Noah’s ark really existed was never the intention of God. We’re to take that story in faith that it did happen, but also understand that there’s so much more for us to receive than the story about a man and a boat full of animals and a lot of rain.

2nd dimension is taking that story and applying it’s principles to your daily life. (applying that which was to that which “is”) We all feel like the little guy with all the odds against him and the whole world is threatening to kill you, or at least it feels that way. But as David put his trust and hope in God, so we should do the same. Again, the traditional mainliners are all over this one as well. They’ve become extremely effective in this arena which is a great thing, but as a recipient of the mainline church, I believe that the major majority of the church doesn’t realize that there’s another level of life just beyond the veil of our understanding out there. I believe the reason why they don’t is because they believe this second dimension is the spiritual application of the story. When I am able to see the value of the lesson in the story and apply it to my life, that is the second dimension.

But what I propose to you to understand is, the 2nd dimension of understanding the principle of the story is not a spiritual application, but it’s a moral one. Why is this so important? It’s an on-going theme really, the reason it’s important is because if the church believes what it’s reproducing is spiritual value when it’s really not spiritual at all, but moral, then the church is going to be less inclined to be looking for the true spiritual value all together. If what I have in my hand is a counterfeit of the real thing, but I don’t know it, I will become satisfied with what I have, even though I’m not where I thought I was, I quit pursuing. What this study is going to do is challenge you to begin seeing that there is a whole other dimension of Christ in these passages of Scripture that is going to enable you to once again, return to the dominion in Christ that man was once in before the fall. When we grasp that, this earth will no longer have power over the church at all.

3rd dimension is the prophetic underlying truth that paints a spiritual picture of Christ or a character of his nature. (that which is to come) It’s here where there’s a definitive separation between spiritual adolescence and maturity. It’s here where the battlefield of the mind has the most difficulty in comprehending. And unlike the previous two, in this realm, it can’t be taught as much as it is “revealed” to your spirit. It’s not about prophetic events that are to happen in the natural realm, it’s about the INWARD experience that manifests as the Spirit reveals the truths beneath the surface of the written words of Scripture.

What “is” taught here is, patterns and keys that allow the voice of God to reveal to you the truths that are in the Father’s house with many rooms that Jesus was referring to. This is the house that God built, and only he can reveal it’s rooms of truth to you. We can reveal keys to the doors, but without his light, all they are, are more dark rooms in your understanding.

So the third dimension of David and Goliath? Well, look for the keys. How many fingers did Goliath have? How many toes? There’s a reason why the Bible addresses these details, it’s to set up a pattern that leads into revelational understanding. Goliath is a picture of the natural man, of your carnal nature, David is God’s anointed, he’s a picture of your spirit man. It’s all inwardly. The stones he picks up out of the stream, if you did a word study on stones, you’d see a pattern begin to form that rocks and stones are a picture of Christ.

Numbers are also very important, that’s why I asked you how many fingers and toes Goliath had, 6 is the number of man. 5 is the number of grace and it was 5 stones that David drew from the stream, water symbolizes spirit, out of the spirit David received Christ through grace and as an extension of the arm of God, David, your spirit, brought down Goliath, your carnality. Where did the stone land? In Goliath’s heart? In his chest? No, it hit him between the eyes, the eyes are the window to your soul, your soul is the core of your mind, your thoughts, will and emotions.

Interestingly enough, it wasn’t complete with just the natural man coming down once Christ penetrated his mind. After the giant lay there dead, David took the giants sword . . .what’s that? Ephesians says the sword is the Word of God, and David took the sword and removed the head of Goliath. The Word of God is powerful, sharp as a 2-edged sword, dividing asunder the joints and marrow, soul and spirit . . . The spirit from the Word of God is what separates your mind from your spirit.

That’s the 3rd dimension. Christ must penetrate your mind in such a way that his word separates your head from your body. Once that is accomplished, then you can replace your head with the head of Christ. This goes on and on, but you’ll find that out as you go into this study. I’d like to add one last note while were in this arena. In 1 Samuel 17, where it sets the stage of David and Goliath, there’s another important piece that also is a key to studying Scripture, and that’s the original meaning of words.

King James is a wonderful source to plant seeds of life in you, but if you just take it for surface value, several things happen, one, you miss the dimensional understanding in that you’ll never get past the story itself, and two, you also miss the original intent of the passages recorded in the first place because as much of a surprise it may seem, a huge percentage of the words in Scripture have little to do with the original meaning the author intended. So, in the process of seeing dimensional pictures, it’s not only important, but it’s a requirement that you read with a dictionary, or concordance close by.

Case and point, in 1 Samuel 17 in verse 4 it tells you where the Philistines set up camp, in a place called Ephesdammim. When I preach this, I call it m-n-m because most people don’t remember the actual name, but they’ll remember it’s profoundness and that’s what we’re after, not the letter of the Word, but the spirit that comes from it. But in looking up the meaning of the word, it explained why Goliath did what he did. It means “the edge of blood”.

Spiritually speaking, that my friend, is what we call, a “blood-line”. Which tells me that’s why Goliath in all his rantings and ravings, never once approached Israel’s camp. It’s not because he didn’t want to, it’s because he couldn’t. David, in all of Israel, was the only one that recognized this. When he approached Goliath, he didn’t walk up slowly and circle him like two wrestlers in a ring, he “charged” him with his sling already winding up to become the extension of the arm of God by catapulting Christ into the mind of the carnal man. I’ve said enough. I’m not sure, but you could very well come across this again somewhere ahead of you in these thousands of pages (you think I’m kidding?) of notes.

Is This New?
This perspective from which our study of Revelation is deriving from is not new at all. It was the same perspective, we believe, they had when it was originally written. But over the 2 thousand years since, it has been interpreted, misinterpreted, rewritten, added to, taken from and confined to the natural logic of men. But the original message was always there. The reason, I believe, why we’re seeing this take root and growing quickly now is because it’s the fulfillment of a time-table God put into motion at the creation of man. If you understand the key that a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day according to the kingdom of God’s math, then up to now, man has been living in days of labor.

Everything man thinks, comes from a works-based mindset simply because that’s the day man has been living in. 6 days God worked, he labored in his creating, but on the 7th day, the 7th day is a day of rest. Not the act of rest, but the person of rest. We are now entering in, this entire earth and all of it’s inhabitants, are entering into a new day. Not one of works, but one of rest. So that even our spiritual lives are affected in that we are no longer seeing things from a works perspective, but from a rest perspective and now, all things have become new. It was on the Lord’s day, the Sabbath Day that John received this revelation of Jesus. John is a picture of the church, it is now the 7th day that the church is about to see, for the first time, truly see, Jesus reveal himself to his bride. You are a part of that revealing process. May the river of revelation life flow freely through your understanding.
END OF NOTE

Several ways Revelation has been taught.
Before we embark on this book, let me sort of explain to you how we’re going to be looking at the text as we progress forward. The first is that we’re looking at it Prophetically, which is to say it’s used as a source to base our doctrines on what’s going to happen to the church, earth, ungodly, and the evil forces currently moving freely about. Historically, as in dispensationalism with the seven churches symbolizing 7 separate periods of time between the first church and today’s church. And Gramatically, which is systematically breaking down the meaning of each word as it’s written. This teaching is intended to be a combination of all three.

I’m not trying to disprove any one doctrine or belief. Just trying to read it with a new perspective and fresh understanding in the spirit. Revelation means to unveil. It’s also connected to the word “Apocalypse” which people automatically assume it’s meaning is connected with revealing events that are going to happen in the end of the world. But Apocalypse simply means to uncover or reveal.

What it’s “not” about.
Revelation is “a” (not plural) revelation about Jesus Christ. It’s not about the antichrist. It’s about Christ. It’s not about the mark of the beast. It’s about a mark on the saints. Even though there are many “visions” and “scenes” that John sees, the book itself is still all one revelation of Christ. The visions dovetail into each other and progress into extended scenes as the book goes on.

Veil of understanding
Veil means boundary. The veil stops anyone from moving any further. Before we can move any further, we too have to first address the veil that’s on us.1 Corinthians, Paul speaks of a veil, The veil is in our mind. As the veil was ripped from top to bottom in the temple, so our veil in our mind must also be ripped from top, (which is where our mind is), to bottom (which is where our walk is.) For us to walk in Christ, we must allow the veil of our minds, through our traditions, to be rent from top to bottom.

This is why Revelation speaks of the antichrist setting up in the temple of God. Scripture states that “we” are the temple of God. My body houses the presence of God. There has to be an unveiling of my mind.

Bondservants = doulos
1) a slave, bondman, man of servile condition
a) a slave
b) metaph., one who gives himself up to another's will those whose service is used by Christ in extending and advancing his cause among men
c) devoted to another to the disregard of one's own interests

What Revelation “Is” About
Revelation is about the finished work of Jesus Christ. It is revealed to the servants of God, through John (Revelation 1:1.) “Servant” here means, bond slaves. A bond servant was a slave that got that way because he owed his master a debt. Everything he did was given to his master to go toward his debt. On the 6th year of his slavery, 6 being the number of man. Man was created on the sixth day. The average height of man is six feet. There are six paul-bearers at a funeral and he’s buried 6 feet under. In the 6th year the slave has the option to appear before his master and his master was required, going into the seventh year which is the sabbatical year when the slaves “had” to be released by Old Testament law.

It was in the seventh year man was to allow the land to rest. 7x7, which is 49 years, in the 50th year, all debts were erased. In the 6th year, the slave had to option to either stay or leave. The owner was required to release the slave, but the slave could opt to remain with the master if he chose. The reason for the slave to even consider remaining a slave was because his first six years he was enslaved due to what he owed. But after the sixth, he chose to remain because of his love for his master. From law to life. Paul announces himself as a bond-servant for Jesus Christ.

DIMENSIONAL SERVANTS
Grudgingly serving Christ is one who feels if they don’t, they’ll go to hell when they die, so out of fear of hell, they feel they have to become a slave to Christ. Necessity is for those people that feel if they don’t, their whole life will be in shambles. So they choose to become a servant because of necessity.

But God wants a cheerful giver. That isn’t just referring to money. So the Master then takes the servant by the earlobe and takes the servant to the doorpost of his house, and using an awl, or a nail punch, and pierces the ear of the servant.

Jesus said he is the door that leads to all understanding. We come to him not because we owe him, not because we’re looking for self-comfort as a result. But we come to him because we have fallen in love with him and we let him, take the nail that he was nailed to the cross with, and we let him pierce our ear on his door post, piercing our hearing with the understanding of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. This book of Revelation is only shown to those who are God’s bond-slaves. Those that aren’t here looking for a debt to be freed from. Not looking for a cushy mansion somewhere in the heavens of their carnal minds. But those that have allowed their carnality to die with Christ on the cross, pierced with the same nail, never to return to their old life again because they have fallen in love with their Master.

My inheritance is Jesus Christ. If I never get anything else . .He is sufficient. So many people serve him for what they can get out of him and as a result we are veiled from the truth of what his Word is trying to say. God isn’t wanting to remove you from your trials, he’s interested more in taking you through them because God is just as concerned with your walk as he is in your destination. He only shows it to bond-servants.

The Breast of Jesus
It’s only those who have gone beyond their own humanity (6) that the revelation will be given to. Only John of the 12 disciples received the revelation. Scripture shows he was the one Jesus loved. He was the one the leaned upon Jesus breast. This isn’t implying he’s emotionally sensitive. In fact according to the nick-name given him and his brother as sons of thunder, his personality was more down to earth that what people think. But the picture in the spirit of John laying his head on Jesus’ chest is a picture of a man who wanted so badly to hear the not only the voice of Christ, but the heart, that he literally laid his head across Jesus chest.

In fact Scripture goes on to show that whenever the other disciples had hard questions they didn’t have the relationship with Christ that John had, so they went to John to ask Christ for them. John understands things about Christ that the others didn’t get. He didn’t walk on water, but he was the only one there at the cross of Christ to see the water pour out from the guard’s spear. It was John that Jesus instructed his own mother to turn to from then on. John was the only one hearing the seven things Jesus uttered from the cross. John was the only one of the twelve that endured the torture of the one he loved.

It’s also more than likely that as Jesus breathed his last and even the guard standing there uttered the words admitting this must have been the son of God and as the veil was ripped from top to bottom, John had the revelation of his own.

Most Christians believe they are living in the finished works of Christ but they’ve never really seen it because they still struggle in areas of forgiveness and loving themselves. Most people try to lay down current events and parallel them with Revelation and attempt to read “in” to the Bible instead of reading “out” of the Bible.

The Old Testament is the New Testament Concealed. The New Testament is the Old Testament Revealed.

There is nothing in Revelation that is new. Every part of the book is in the Old Testament. If we take the time to study the Old Covenant, we will then be able to break the barrier of understanding of Revelation. Especially understanding the Tabernacle of Moses. Hebrews says when the Tabernacle was made, God told Moses, “See that you make ALL THINGS according to the pattern that I’ve shown in on my Holy Mountain. The Grandfather clause. The tabernacle is a type of everything we see in the new.

Signified in signs and symbols
John says the book is sent and signified by the angel and given to John. To literalize the book in it’s entirety is to make it a horror picture. Before we can build, there needs to be a rooting up and a pulling down of all the man-made structures we’ve allowed to be built in our minds.

Hermeneutics is a study of biblical principles of interpretations. A very important rule for interpretation means we need to stay consistent. If we start with a principle in the beginning, we need to stay with that principle to the end.

Pop-theologians. Theology of the present trend. If we ask current theological preachers if they can take the book of Revelation literally, they’d have to honestly tell you no. Yet when trying to interpret some of the visions and such, they tend to try to interpret them as literal instead of symbolic. They tend to change the consistency of the interpretation in order to attempt to get it all to fit for human understanding.

For example, when John refers to a lamb being slain for the foundations of the world, he’s not talking about a farm animal. He’s referring to Jesus Christ. Borrowing from the language of John the Baptist when he was standing in the waters of the Jordan he looked up and saw Jesus and declared “Behold the lamb of God.” So when we see other places in the book referring to lamp-stands and altars we are also take them as symbolic as well.

The Day of the Lord
Also keep in mind the first thing John says that he was in the Spirit and even then “the Lord’s day” doesn’t necessarily mean it was on the Sabbath. Many people are attempting to preach the book of Revelation so you get information, but the true reason for us to understand Revelation is because that understanding will bring forth the appearing of the revelation of Jesus Christ. The appearing the Lord wants is to appear “in you”.

Verse 2
Testimony= Martyr. Patmos means “place of my killing.”
When we read Revelation, we’re trying to interpret it while looking forward to events that haven’t happened yet. What we should be doing is reading it as a reflection of what’s already happened, not what is yet to come.

Verse 3
The Time is at hand (?)
If the time is at hand 2000 years ago, where are we now. The word “hand” has to do with throttling or squeezing a throttle. It’s not just written to the people in the past or future, but to the people who come into a revelation of Jesus. And this revelation is in your hand, you can slow it down and you can accelerate it. ( Blended Edit: Even though this is what was stated on the tape, neither Vines dictionary, nor Strong’s indicates the word “hand” means “to throttle”. Vines does read that it really should be translated not that the time is coming near, but that it has already begun. End of Edit)

Instead of us trying to fit Scripture into a prearranged pattern, we need to discover the patterns that are already there. Let the Bible instruct us through it’s original pattern. There are very few places in Revelation that you can take literally, because it’s already explained that it’s written in signs and symbols (signified).

7 spirits of God in Isaiah 11.
Prophets spoke in poetry. We don’t take the book of Psalms or Song of Solomon literally because they too are symbolic. There’s a “like as” principle through out Scripture. Jesus used it regularly when trying to explain the kingdom of God is “like as”. Certain parts of Scripture “has” to be taken literally, but other parts of it will never work because of a literal translation. We’re not to become discouraged by those that claim they don’t understand. Even though their minds may not recognize the reality of Revelation understanding, their spirits do. We don’t want to talk to the natural mind, but to the spiritual

1 Corinthians 2.
9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

The Lord’s day.
John received this Revelation from God on the Lord’s day.

Deu 5:13 'Six days you shall labor and do all your work, Deu 5:14 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; {in it} you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. Deu 5:15 'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day

When Jesus shows up in the New Testament and he began doing things you’re not supposed to do on the Sabbath, Jesus said concerning himself “I am the Lord of the Sabbath.” The Lord’s day is not just about the 7th day of the week. Jesus said “I am the alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.” Jesus “is” the Sabbath. When you get a Revelation of who he is, then you enter into a Sabbath rest. The blood on the door-post didn’t just announce that the death angel had to pass-over, but it announced that the first born male is already dead.

Significance of a Ram
The death we’re trying to die has already been experienced by the first born male Jesus Christ. So John is stating that Jesus is a compound of the Sabbath, he’s seven times seven. He is the jubilee, seven times seven. The word Jubilee means to make a long loud blast from a ram’s horn. A ram is a dead male lamb. This message is a ram’s horn blowing the jubilee trumpet to help us understand a dead male lamb is blasting and announcing something fresh in our ears.

If we get into the spirit on the Lord’s day . . .In Luke 4 when Jesus comes into the temple and he’s handed the scroll, he comes to Isaiah where it states the spirit of the Lord is upon me to preach to the hearts of the poor and he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord That’s the year of Jubilee.

Then he closes the book and states “This day this Scripture is fulfilled in your ears. We don’t have to wait for it to come in the future, we need to look back on the day when it already happened.

The sword of the spirit is what comes out of the mouth of the sermons of those who preach the truth of the Word of God and it has smitten the nations . . it has smitten the “imaginations”. My head is severely wounded. In the veils of our mind, there has begun a tear that is going to finally rip from the top to the bottom.

Word Study of
“Effect

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:
1Cr 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum