You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Four

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter Four on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 am

cross-eyed

Chapter Four

EVERYTHING IS SPIRITUAL

1 Corinthians 2
9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ

I believe this is the direction God is calling His body. It’s not about dissecting the literal stories and principles anymore. It’s hovering over the deep, it’s meditating on the unknown and waiting for God to begin revealing what lies beneath. It will require some demolition to be sure, but it’s time we entered into the house that Jesus is building in us, and we stop trying to get people to come into the house that we built for Jesus.

So, for me, the literal story is the elementary stage of truth. It’s the introductory level, if you will. The first dimension is taking all the stories at face value. They are interesting and even captivating at times. But all they are, are historical accounts of another culture in another time. Now, the 2nd dimension of that is realizing the moral value and lessons contained in the literal story. Every story is packed with moral values. Again, these moral values can help and encourage us, and the church is extremely efficient at seeing, teaching and conveying these moral truths, yet there’s a whole other realm of God that is where the true power and life dwells. It is that realm, that I choose to pursue.

Seeing scripture spiritually, for me, is seeing it “inwardly”, I see the soul/mind in me as the woman and the spirit in me is my man. Every individual has both a man and woman in them. I can be a bride of Christ and a son of God at the same time in the same way I can be a father and a husband at the same time in the natural. There are so many passages in scripture where the church has taken verses literally that were never intended to be taken in such a fashion. The reason being is because when you’re embracing only the moral truths, then the written words become the foundation upon which the moral principles are enforced. The Bible becomes a believer’s “proof” for their reasoning. And from a moral perspective, a measure of that is needed.

But as one matures in their spiritual relationship, the need for mental and moral proof begins to transition into discernment and faith. It’s exactly as Paul states, when we’re spiritual children, we talk like spiritual kids, we act like spiritual kids. We still do stupid things that can get us into some really interesting situations. But when we mature, we let go of those childish tendencies. So the Bible goes from being my “proof” to being my “edifier”. It affirms what the Spirit has already revealed to me inwardly.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve come to a realization on something, only to later come across a scripture that plainly states the very thing I just recently had revealed. Spiritual revelation can not be taught, learned, or enforced. It isn’t governed by the same rules that morality is governed by. The closest I can come to having another see what I see, is simply share with them where I am and leave the “seeing” up to the Father and His relationship with them. But trying to apply the same literal teachings written in scripture can only lead to over steering spiritually. It’s not about understanding as much as it is about simply receiving. Once you allow your heart to be open to receive, the seed will come and your spirit can then plant the seed into your mind.

It’s the same as a relationship between a man and a woman. Your spirit takes the life seed passed into you by the Father and as your mind submits to your spirit, the seed is then released into your mind where it’s incubated and matures into your thinking and eventually birthed into your understanding. But understanding doesn’t come before receiving. Everything spiritual is the opposite of how things are done in the natural. The least become the greatest, the first become the last. So to embrace the moral only in scripture will only lead to doing things backwards to the spiritual order of God.

Morality is “in” the spiritual make-up of our nature. It’s in our spiritual DNA, but it’s not our dominant nature. It’s only a secondary nature of it. Trying to teach and train someone to be like Christ is no different than someone trying to teach and train you to manifest the characteristics of either of your parents. It can’t be taught because it’s already in your DNA. You have facial features, not because you trained your face to do or look a certain way, but because that’s a trait that was passed on to you in the make-up of the coming together of your father’s seed with your mother’s egg. You had nothing to do with any of it.

It’s the same thing spiritually. The church has taken on a responsibility of forming an image of what it perceives a Christian is to be and called it godly. It’s the same concept as what happened when scientists recreated a living being through a test tube. The church does that all the time and thinks nothing of it. When all the while, the truth is, God’s DNA is in every one of us. We just need to allow it to manifest in us and let it take on a life of it’s own. Does not scripture state that God is working “in” us both to will and to do His good pleasure? If that’s true, then why has the church become so controlling on what should and what should not be done? I believe it’s because they’ve taken a spiritual truth and tried to apply it by way of natural reasoning.

Women Be Quiet in Church?
Just off the top of my head, passages like in 1 Corinthians where Paul is telling us that women should be silent in the church and their husbands should take the word being shared and explain it to their wives at a later time. Now, most pastors will tell you that this really doesn’t apply to us in the same way as it did in their culture. So we don’t really need to follow that one so closely. It was an infant church, the women were unruly and Paul was just trying to establish a little order in the church of Corinth. And all that is fine and good. I wouldn’t disagree with it at all.

But I’ve never heard anyone say, “Oh, that doesn’t mean women in “our” church are supposed to be quiet, what it really means is . . .” and they go on to explain what it’s really supposed to mean. No one will ever explain what it was really saying then. So it kind of becomes a dead zone to the modern church. There are still some churches that take it literally and as a result they force their women to be quiet in church. If you stick around a while longer, you’ll find that there are a lot of other things they force their congregations to conform to as well. But forcing your outside appearance to act or look a certain way, in no way gains or takes away your right standing with God. You are righteous because He said you are. And that’s all that is ever needed.

The Spiritual Application
So then, what “does” that passage mean? I eluded to this earlier, but I believe it’s worth addressing again. It means spiritually, if my mind is my woman and my spirit is my soul, it means that my head needs to shut up and let my spirit receive the seed of life. This seed will then be transferred from my spirit to my mind, so long as my mind is in submission to my spirit, and in the womb, which is what my mind is. It’s the place where thought conceives into notion and action.

In my womb, the seed of life will then begin to expand and grow, without the interference of my intellect because this is not a natural event, but a supernatural experience. And when it’s matured in me, it will birth new understanding of the nature of Christ in me to where now, it’s not information, its become an experience. “That’s” what the passage is speaking to me about, it’s not about a woman in a church building, it’s about my mind being quiet so my spirit can hear the sound of Truth above the noise of men. And the church is “me”. What? Know ye not that “you” are a temple of the Holy Ghost?

The entire Bible can be read in this light. I have come to believe that it’s God’s plan that everyone does receive the ability to do just that. That’s why this is so exciting. God’s plan is not about the destruction of the earth on which we live as much as it is about the destruction of the earthiness within every one of us. So, what’s changed? Why is it that “now” the church is to change their whole system?

The short answer is, because it’s time. By that I don’t mean it as a figure of speech as in when you get home late for supper and the first words you hear as you break the plain of the threshold of your house “Well! It’s about time!. No, What I mean is, the time originally established by God for these things to come about, has now come. Let me explain.

Genesis, the Origin of Life Begins
There is an order that God has as a foundational platform that supersedes all other orders. And that is, spirit is dominant over soul and flesh. God is spirit, that is the realm in which He exists. That’s where our home is. It’s where Adam was placed after He was created. The garden of Eden will never be found on this earth because it doesn’t exist in this realm. He was created on the earth, given dominion over it and then “placed” in the garden where he walked with God in the “cool” of the day. Let me elaborate a bit on this.

The original meaning of the Hebrew word the translators poorly chose to say “cool” actually means “breath” or “breathe”. Adam walked with God in the breath of the day. We’re going to get much deeper into these matters later on, but for the time being, this particular passage about the cool of the day is a dimensional picture illuminating the fact that Adam walked with God in the spirit of the day. It was a spiritual place, Adam was predominantly a spirit being.

There is no Hebrew word for “spirit”. Whenever we see the word used, the original word that was actually written is the word “breath” or “breathe”. God walked with Adam in the breath of the Day. Breath is spirit, and the Day is Christ. Spirit has dominion over flesh, we have been given the ability to choose which one reigns in us. Adam walked with God in the Spirit, but chose knowledge over life. When he at of the fruit, or evidence of knowledge, he became what he ate.

He was given "dominion" over the earth, so that as he went, so went the earth, because the earth was originally made for the habitation of man. It existed, but it just wasn't dominant in its manifestation. Not until Adam chose to be governed by carnality, which is what the serpent is representing. It's not in the garden, it's in the "tree" of knowledge in the garden.

For me, the tree of Knowledge is the gateway into the natural realm and it’s governed by carnality, thus, the snake in the tree. Operating out of knowledge is the evidence of being governed by carnality. The serpent was told that dust will be it’s meat, dust is our carnal flesh. The more you feed your flesh, the more your carnal mind will consume you.

Two Trees Signify Two Dimensions
When Adam chose knowledge over life because these two trees represent the two realms of God, one is spirit, which is the tree of life, the other is carnal. Whichever one Adam chose, that’s the one that would become dominant to all men God didn’t tell Adam to stay away from eating this tree just because Adam needed to have a law to live by, it was because if Adam ate of the tree of naturalness, he would become a natural being. His world would become a natural place, even though there’s life “on” it, it’s a temporary life. It’s not abundant life where there’s no death. Even so, Adam opted for the carnal realm over the eternal one through the deception of carnality.

Eve Didn’t Change
Notice that when Eve ate of the tree of knowledge, she didn’t change. It wasn’t until Adam ate that the effects of the tree manifested in both of them. And what was the result? Did the goodness of God’s mercy and grace become an illumination to them? Did they see Jesus for who he truly is? Did they come into a deeper understanding of the will of God in their lives? No. And why? Because it wasn’t revelation that was happening to them, it wasn’t the knowledge of the Lord being revealed to them, it was carnality taking center stage in them. And all carnality does is establish fear and shame.

Preparing the Trumpets
I want to give notice at this point to another Egyptian idol in the church system. The church claims that a God who doesn’t just love, but that He “is” love, along with telling me that God loves me so much that He paid a price for my sin by martyring His own Son, but then turn around and tell me that if I don’t accept this “love” I’m doomed for eternal torment or annihilation, is a tragedy to the world. I will be calling that pillar supporting the man made religious system to come down later on. That was just a teaser.

Modified For a Lower Life
The point of all this is, Adam’s identity changed. scripture says from the sweat of Adam’s face shall he eat His bread. My face is my identity, it’s our way of deciphering one person from another. And sweat is a sign of labor. This is why I’m starting where I am with my aim at Peter. Adam is where the misalignment came, and Peter is where the realignment began again. It all has to do with our identity with laboring minds.

The eating of the bread is not just about Adam having to hoe the ground to plant a garden for vegetables, that’s the first dimension we spoke of earlier. Scriptures tell us that Jesus is the bread of life. Are you seeing where this is going? When Adam ate of the tree of knowledge, knowledge owned him from that day to this one. Knowledge of who Jesus is comes to man through labor. It is the laboring mind that produces natural reasoning to gain knowledge from the Word of God. That is a mouthful in and of itself. That’s what the sacrifices where all about. That’s what the tabernacle of Moses was all about. Men had to labor in their relationship with God.

It hasn’t changed because the realm hasn’t changed. This is the realm of labor. You’re born, you work, you die. Not much of a hopeful life to that is there? God knew what this realm had in it. In Genesis 3 where it appears God is delivering judgment to the serpent, Eve and Adam, the three dimensions that are “in” this knowledge realm, but again, that’s another chapter yet to come, God wasn’t bringing judgment on them, He was prophesying to them. He was telling them what living in this realm of life would now require. It’s as I mentioned earlier, there are different rules for different realms. We can’t very well walk in the spirit while still applying the rules of the flesh. And that’s why we’re seeing these instructions being handed down from God.

Man’s identity would now be through a laboring mind, not through revelation of God. The woman would now give birth to life, through much labor and pain. And the carnality that deceived them would no longer be the identity of the earth realm as it once was. It was cast out of the tree and now had to crawl upon the face of the earth. It’s identity would be lower than all other living creatures.

Hope In Despair
In short, the serpent would eat dust, the woman would reproduce in labor and pain, and the man would have to exert energy to find any sustenance. Rather than just function in the spirit with God, Adam would now have to work at just surviving in the flesh instead. For the next 4,000 years, man had no choice but to labor in His relationship with the Father. The only function was that of labor. But there was a promise.

2 Re: Chapter Four on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Hibbs

Just a few thoughts to accompany Nathan's efforts.

I believe that the two trees were actually one. The Bible is one and yet it contains two books. The sword is one and yet it has two edges. As we approach the Bible, we can study long and hard and apply all of our resources to knowledge and mental assent. When we do we learn about good and evil and how to be like God. If, on the other hand, we come to realize that the tree is a cross and the book crosses out Adam and leaves only Christ (or the second Adam) then it actually becomes a tree of resurrection...in other words the tree of life.

The last chapter talked about the sword and Peter. As Nathan's words were soaking in, I recalled David coming to the priest and asking for a sword. The priest went to the back of the altar and took out Goliath's sword and gave it to David saying that there was no sword like it not in all of Israel. When the word of God is turned against the giant in our land, it speaks of truth laying low the head of Mr. antichrist...that numbered man having three dimensions of 6. We need a sword to pull down the strongholds of self and tradition and it is not a coincidence that a sword forms the shape of the cross. When we sell our garment of righteousness and purchase a sword, the two acts are parallel. We put on the garment of His righteousness at the cross and slay any remaining giants that would claim a right to rule within.

Once we allow the Spirit to open our understanding, we can see that all of the many stories and symbols all have their fulfillment and completion in Him who is the Word. Two shall become one. We shall be one even as He and the father are one. We will pass through the veil of flesh into the realm of spirit and be changed to the point where this corruptible shall put on incorruption.

Thank you Nathan.

3 Re: Chapter Four on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 pm

cross-eyed

I beleive there "is" a oneness there and that would be the fact that there is "one" garden and IN the garden that is ONE there are two trees. They are in unity with one another because they are both in ONE garden. They may APPEAR to be opposites in our sight, but when you are looking inwardly, they're not as opposite as one would think.

I see the order of this power to be much like that of a common car battery. There is a positive post (tree of life) and a negative post (tree of knowledge) For a current to be released, there must first be something attached to both positive and negative . . .and . . .should you make the connection to be a direct one, you would blow up your battery. But should you follow the law of order, the opportunities are endless.

"We" are the missing link that releases that power. We need the balance of both for true power to be released. It's interesting that electrical power is measured in "currents". Because we often refer to being in the river the flows with living water . . . there was also a river that flowed out of the garden . . .

I did another article similar in length to Ground Zero . . perhaps I'll throw it on the forum as well and stir up some waters of our own as I know there are several people in this forum that have a great passion for the symbolism in Genesis as well.

4 Re: Chapter Four on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:48 pm

LindaY

This is the FIRST place I have been to that I've heard this with a spiritual message pertaining to the women in the church. It never did bring harmony and peace when reading this and taking it in a literal form the way it's always been distributed in the past. It seems that no matter who I've talked with concerning this, even if they said they were being lead by the spirit, when it came to these verses of scripture they would cross over to the literal meaning every single time.

I'm so glad you posted this. I always had a hard time believing the literal take on these scriptures.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum