APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter One

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter One on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 am

cross-eyed

Introductory

1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 1 Corinthians 13. Message Translation.

The words you are about to be exposed to are extremely controversial, confrontational and you may even consider them as complete falsehoods all together. But I pray that you receive them in the same way that I’m attempting to share them. I pray that you receive these words in love. My intention in writing this is not to denounce the church, denominations or religions. I truly don’t want to be just another clanging cymbal.

In the midst of all of the bombs this book will be dropping, it is my desire that even though the things said may come across as bold or aggressive, I pray that they are received in the love in which they are given. Love is the foundation of all freedom and light. Without love, we are nothing.. If you find this book coming across as condemning and accusing, I most humbly apologize and ask you to forgive me for my inability to relay this gift of freedom I’ve come to experience which led me to the writing of this book. My intentions are only to free us from the bondage of ourselves. Having said that, may the Spirit remove the veil as you fix your eyes on the pages coming before you. Be blessed.

I hear a lot about the idea that we all have this source of power within everyone of us that we need to tap into in order to pull ourselves up out of the mire of life and set ourselves back on the road to success. Not being one who takes up with the bandwagons of others, I would like to take this opportune moment and declare just the opposite. I think it’s that inner power of men that got us in this fine mess we’re in, in the first place. I would like to reverse that claim and state that perhaps, instead of giving the power over to my self, it’s time to take it back from my “self”.

There have been many calls given to the church over the years to assume a position of authority that the church can’t seem to obtain given the rising numbers of people leaving the church, and the falling numbers of people coming into it. I’m not one to give a sound of a battle cry with warnings and doomsday threats, and I’m not about to start now. But I do believe we’ve entered into a completely new Day of the Lord where all things that seem sound and true, no longer have the same substance they once had.

I believe the church has allowed doctrines and beliefs in it that have brought bondage instead of freedom. And now that our days of labor are behind us, we have all these religious idols in the church that we’ve embraced, all the while, not realizing it, but the very doctrines we embrace, are the same ones that have kept us bound and blind. This generation is on the verge of something great. If the church wants to be a part of this move God is doing, there are some things that need to be broken in her in order for her to be truly free and a driving force of God again.

She turned the world upside down in the beginning and I believe God is going to flood this earth with his presence beyond any past experience known to man. I’m not talking about a rapture or the end of the world. I’m talking about the coming of the Lord in and through the body of Christ. The church has a decision as to whether she wants to be a part of this, or remain in her chains of doctrine. I believe the mind of man has been in control of the house of God due to the leadership in the church giving over to this religious reasoning rather than resting in our relationship with the Father.

I’m actually crazy enough to believe the majority of believers, are still unknowingly bound by the carnality of our own minds, rendering us powerless in the kingdom of God. It’s the greatest deceiver amongst us, and it’s actually right here within us. Why would I think such a thing? I’ve come to see that the entire belief system of the church is basically based on the consciousness of one’s decision process and conclusions, rather than wholly on the leading of the Spirit.

In other words, the conclusions we’ve come to accept as truth, have been based on our reasoning in our renderings of the scriptures rather than the Spirit illuminating the true nature of God. If you are willing to allow me to fully explain myself, I believe God will lead us all through an exodus of our own. When we are free from our selves, our friends, neighbors and relatives will no longer cringe at the thought of attending church. Instead they’ll have a desire for this freedom in Christ as well. But first, the church must be willing to be free of their own bondages before we can expect to see it in the world.

This book is intended to address the doctrines that have had the best of intentions, but not the greatest of results. I’m excited beyond words about the fact that God is bringing his original plan to completion. And it’s this generation that we’re living in, that is going to usher in such a great move. The downside is, it requires some major paradigm shifts in order for the church to be transformed by it. The church as we know it can not survive much longer by continuing to do the same things she’s been doing all these years. It’s time to take an inward look within our selves, and let God’s people go. Our exodus has come.

Chapter One

PLAGUES OF RELIGION

More to the Plagues Than Meets the Eye
One of the most powerful milestones in my schooling of biblical matters was dealing with something as simple as the 10 plagues of Egypt. I remember learning about them as a child and was fascinated by the movie with Charlton Heston every Easter, when Hollywood would do their part in advertising the death of Jesus. Now that I think of it, that’s kind of interesting that every Easter, Hollywood would repeat a story of Moses, when the story is supposed to be about Jesus. But that’s Hollywood for you I guess.

But I would like to propose a different take on that particular facet of the exodus of Israel and the 10 plagues. For starters, just a “little” explanation up front here before I go into more depth on why and how I see things differently. But I believe that everything we read in scripture is of course God-ordained, Spirit inspired. But I also believe it’s God’s way of giving us examples of how His principles work in us.

That is a key you’ll want to hang on to as you continue reading this book in your quest for a transformational relationship with the Father. It’s seeing the principles “inwardly” as opposed to applying them outwardly. It sounds simple enough, but it doesn’t seem to get much attention in the church.

Natural Represents Spiritual
When we want to communicate, we use verbal words and written words. When God communicates, He uses inner voices inside us, and the natural things around us are His alphabet. Romans 1:20 is a platform on which the principles of His kingdom are based in my heart. It simply states that He uses natural things around us to reveal His spiritual nature to us. He uses objects such as trees, water, oil, fire, gold and on and on. He uses objects, colors, gems even, such as what was in the ephod of Aaron, that vest which had twelve stones in it. Each stone “represented” a tribe.

He uses metals, such as gold, silver, bronze or brass that signify different things. I especially watch for these types of keys in Jesus’ ministry as well, because not only what He says is profoundly significant, but even His posture, whether He was sitting, standing, sleeping, weeping, everything has significance. Nothing is coincidence. But He also uses the experiences of people to establish His principles as well.

Hebrews 8
4For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Vision Through Relationship
I will elaborate much further with the tabernacle of Moses in the chapter entitled “dimensions”. But I really want to begin with these plagues. This book is a revelation of truth in me. I believe what I’m seeing is a direct result of God’s grace in my life. It’s not because I’ve studied really hard to earn any degrees, or that I’ve put in my time and paid my dues. I think the reason as to why I see what I see, mostly is because I’m willing to receive what I see. It’s that simple.

I used to be just the opposite. But even in my ignorance, God’s grace was patient and once I began laying my head down, unexplainable transformations began in the whole foundation of my belief system. If you’re willing to see, your eyes will be opened to these things I’m about to share. If you reject them, then of course you aren’t going to be able to see them. (Matt. 13:12 speaks to this as well) You have that kind of power. We’ll get into that more in a bit.

But for the moment, understand that God used people and their experiences to advance His kingdom in all of us. And in my own life, I found a direct correlation between where I was in my relationship with the Father, and where Israel was with their relationship with him before Moses came on the scene.

State of the Nation in Their Bondage
We all know the story of how Israel became enslaved to the same people that Joseph, one of Israel’s ancestors, and also a type of Christ, was appointed to be the leader over. In other words, somewhere between Joseph and Moses, there was a reversal in the alignment with the relationship between the Hebrews and the Egyptians. That is key. Put a pin in that one and we’ll come back to it in a while.

So the time comes for Moses to arrive on the scene and it would appear that the power of the Egyptians is impenetrable. And on the surface, it seems that God was just throwing curses at them to loosen them up. There is a key verse that kind of jumps out at me there because I think it’s the same reason why we have plagues come upon us as well. They manifest in a completely different form than literal swarms of flies and such, of course, but the principle is too close to believe any differently. It is my desire to tell you that today’s church has found themselves back in an Egyptian bondage of their own.

I don’t see myself as Moses by any means, but I do believe God is showing us our captivity so that we’ll simply let “Him” lead us out of our darkness into His marvelous light. And it is in that light that I see the plagues that I, myself, have been in, and that God has led me, as well as others out of. I believe there is a flood of freedom coming to the church. I’m beyond excited about the very idea that if this is true, it will be global, not just a hit and miss revival like we’ve seen in the past.

Isaiah 11
8And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Habakkuk 2
13Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
14For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

God’s Knowledge Not Just Information
There is a good chance I’m coming back to this passage later in this book. There is so much there that is relevant to these concepts. But for the time being, understand that the earth is going to be full of the knowledge of the Lord. And by “knowledge” we need to also understand it’s not knowledge as we perceive it to be. Knowing God is not learning about God. Knowledge as we understand the usage of the word, is tightly connected with learning and filling our minds with facts. But when you’re dealing with the things of God, knowing God is more about intimate relationship than learning facts. You’ll be reading much more on that as well.

Being Consumed By the Very Thing We Worship
I’m not going to go into every plague that Egypt experienced before they finally let Israel go. But I do want to point out some things that I believe are extremely significant as we keep in the foreground the fact that God is using natural means to reveal spiritual truths. The thing that blows me away the most is that every one of these plagues that Egypt experienced, was not just coincidental, every one of them had a purpose and meaning. What I never knew was, each of these plagues where actually objects that Egypt literally worshiped as their gods. From the river to the gnats to the cows, every one of them were things Egypt had elevated to the status of god.

These gods became their identity. It was their belief system. If you think about it, God didn’t have to send one plague. He could have freed Israel in so many ways. When Peter was in prison, an angel came in the night and unlocked the doors and led him out. God could have done the same thing with Israel. But He didn’t. When Paul was in prison, there was a great earth quake that broke the locks so Paul could have just walked out on his own power. God could have done that with Israel, but He didn’t.

The one thing about seeing the kingdom is the Holy Spirit prompts us to ask specific questions like, “why plagues?” Or, “why were there ten of them?” If you can see that it is the Holy Spirit that raises these questions as you read the scriptures, then you will also know it’s because the Holy Spirit wants to reveal to you the answers to those questions. The fact that there are ten plagues and not nine or eleven is significant because it’s another thread that connects this picture with the church in broad terms, as well as connecting with the bondages within me.

And “that’s” where I want to go with this book. I want to share with you the correlation between these foundations that Egypt not only identified with, but they elevated these things to idol status, and the religious foundations in the mainline churches have their doctrines elevated to this same status level as well. I don’t want, in any way, for this book to come off as a mud-slinging contest against the church. My intention is not to proclaim anyone being in the wrong. My intent is for the reader to make an effort to reevaluate their personal beliefs from a perspective of life and light rather than from religion and regulations.

I know that many things said in this book will be controversial and perhaps even confrontational to most church-going people. I will be saying some explosive things on purpose. Not to provoke hostility, but clarity. I want to illuminate the nature of God, which may appear to be anti-church in delivery and interpretation. But I’m not against the church, I’m against religion in the church. I don’t claim to have it all right. I do claim to see the scriptures from an entire different light from my religious upbringing originally taught to me.

And as I see it, I’m not alone. There are many people “in” the church that aren’t free at all. Instead, they are just they opposite, they’re bound by their religion which claims to offer life, but in all actuality, it releases death. Jesus stated that to those who know the truth, the truth will set them free. Most of what I see in churches today, is more about attendance, tithing and conformity than it is about light, love and liberty. We teach people to make more friends with the intent that you can save them from hell. There’s always a hidden agenda.

What if we simply made friends with others because “that’s” the nature of Christ manifesting in us. The church has created so many boundaries and stipulations that instead of drawing people to Christ, we have to use fear tactics with the threat of hell for eternity if they don’t accept our image of Jesus and I just don’t agree with that anymore. I simply believe the day of Jubilee has arrived and the time has come for all men to be set free from their bondages.

There were 10 plagues.
In scripture, the most predominant issue when dealing with the number of 10 is the ten commandments. They are the crux of the Old Covenant law. There were many commandments within the law, but the ten Commandments represented the law as a whole. So when I see the number ten throughout scripture, I see that whatever the context is, it is indicating that it’s connected to the subject of law.

So with the plagues being of the same number, and seeing that law plays a role in how the Egyptians enforced religious laws of their own, this also then illuminates the fact that it’s dealing with religion or the religious belief systems, because law is the foundation of religion. God’s foundation is not based on law or religion. His foundation is built and based on love. Even in the New Testament, we’re told about the killing effects that tradition has against the treasures of the freedom of God and the kingdom principles of heavenly matters.

Tradition is a staple in just about every church. You can’t believe outside the traditional belief system they have in place without creating conflict within the body you’ve become a part of. Those doctrinal boundaries they created, are there for your protection. They establish laws “to keep the church protected” from disorder and worldliness. Let’s take a gander at a conversation Jesus had about it.

Matthew 15
1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Who is Really Being Worshiped in Church?
It would appear that “church” wasn’t the issue. Having church where saints gather together to worship the Lord is a reflection of our social nature of enjoying the company of others while we all worship the Father as a body. So I don’t think creating church is the problem at all. I think where we got derailed, is when each church felt the need to set itself apart from other churches and still called themselves one body of Christ. Doctrine shouldn’t be about the supposedly protective commandments of men, the belief systems that draw boundary lines of what I can and can’t believe.

Simplicity of Order
Jesus isn’t a religion and He’s not a denominational establishment. He is a person. His nature is to become our principles via our relationship with him in us and us in him. It’s our minds that have taken this person and divided him up into segments of separate belief systems. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself what it was that would cause a church to split? In any order, there are two major components; dominance and submission.

That’s it. It’s not that complicated. And in Christ, it is the Spirit that is to be the dominant ruler in us and it’s our mind, our flesh that is to be in submission. When a split happens, it’s because that which is to be submissive, chooses to be dominant and forces that which is to be dominant to become submissive. And as such, disorder ensues and the evidence of the misalignment is division among men.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:20
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

The Business of Religion
A rudiment is the first principles that doctrines derive from. These passages are indicating that the church was taking a personal experience and turning it into religious propaganda by using the same “organized” approach as any business in the world would do. This was actually a warning “against” becoming an organized belief system. It will kill you spiritually. That’s what this passage is dealing with. Paul is telling them, they’ve made the exodus from their bondage into the freedom of their promised land, so why then are they reverting to organizing a religious system to be their identity when their identity is in Christ.

I love the church, I spent the bulk of my life in. It was vibrant, I had friends there, I met my wife there. And it served its purpose in me as well. It was through the church that I came into a personal relationship with God. But that is muddied by the church as well because the claim is and has always been that we need to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Yet what they were really doing was, they would teach you their version of what that personal relationship was supposed to be. And if yours was different, then they weren’t nearly as friendly with you until you came around to seeing Christ from their perspectives. There would be serious reservations if you were interested in being active in a ministry with them if they felt you didn’t first agree with them doctrinally.

It becomes abundantly clear that this “personal” relationship isn’t really that at all. It’s more of a corporate relationship with Jesus. And that’s just another title for “religion”. And if you got too loud about your different beliefs, eventually, someone would approach you, be it lovingly or not, it’s still a death sentence to your ability to truly have that “personal” relationship they rant and rave about.

The day I wrote this, I had a monthly meeting with the council of my church. As we were going over our agenda, I had received a notification from corporate pertaining to refinancing a loan we had through them. As I attempted to read it, I had to stop and chuckle because the jargon used in the letter was as far from regular conversation as you can possibly get. I ended up having to hand it off to a council member that had more of a handle on that type of thing. But I chuckled because it only brings home my point. Church has become more about business than spiritual intimacy and reproduction of Christ in others.

Principalities and Powers, Not So Much About Demons?
In that passage in Colossians, I want to present to you another bit of a shocker. At least it was for me when I first came to realize it. It has to do with “principalities and powers”. The church has taught me that this kind of phraseology is dealing with evil spirits and demons. Yet I’ve come to see even this to mean something completely different. I’m extending the text a verse or two down from what I posted above.

Colossians 2
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

In the same breath of delivering a warning about getting derailed through philosophy and traditions of men, He connects traditions of men with principalities and powers. This isn’t the first time either. The principalities and powers are not about invisible demons and imps, but its actually dealing with the mindsets within the church, within the body of Christ itself. Egypt is known for its idol worshiping, but at the same time, it’s also a picture of us. We’ve established doctrines, elevated them to an untouchable status, and as we worship God, at the same time, we identify ourselves through which belief system we choose to honor.

But Paul is telling me that there is only one God that we’re to worship. We “claim” there is one God, but you try to touch any one of these beliefs the church has in place and see how long it is before someone pulls you aside urgently and explains to you the importance of having a system in place. Why, without it there’d be nothing but chaos and anarchy! It’s as if the Holy Spirit has no power at all to bring order within us, so that we’ll manifest that same order without.

Titus 2
13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 15These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Titus 3
1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Maturity in Christ is a process. I will be getting into this concept much deeper in a later chapter. But there is a level of maturity that goes with these epistles in scripture. This letter to Titus is to a young pastor with an infant church. So the instructions are on an elementary level. I’ll refer to this more than once, but Paul stated that when He was a child, he spoke and acted as a child. Well, these words are to a church at its infancy stage. For us to attempt to follow them to the letter is saying we haven’t grown a bit since they were originally uttered 2,000 years ago.

I do see clearly there is a corporate bride, mankind is the bride from a corporate perspective. Each of us as individuals make up the whole body of Christ. I don’t discredit the idea that there is a corporate body at all. But I do wince at the claim of having a personal relationship while at the same time, seeing one individual in the body enforcing doctrinal principles on another group of individuals in the body, and continuing to claim it’s a personal relationship with Jesus. Just call it what it is. When doctrine is the emphasis, the relationship is no longer a personal one to the individual to whom the doctrine is preached to . The identity changes from Christ in me to, a church and me.

But the reason I posted this is to point out the connection between principalities and powers, and the leadership of the church. They are one and the same. So that puts a different spin on Ephesians 6.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This is not talking about spirits and demons as has been previously taught. It’s actually dealing with the very churches we gather together in “because of” our spiritual experiences in God. But the problem is, many of our churches have led people back into Egyptian bondage rather than into the promised land of Truth. And “that” is what He’s reversing in this generation. The church can no longer continue growing in its current state of beliefs. The day we live in has changed, and with it, the belief systems of men can not operate in the same mindsets as they have in the past with the same results.

Day Of Demolition Is Upon Us
God had a plan for the physical nation of Israel. They were His chosen nation. We are His chosen people. And regardless of how powerful Egypt thought they were, they were only as powerful as their belief system. So, to break Egypt hold on Israel, God systematically brought down the belief system that supported them. And so it is with the church, and so it is within every individual. Destruction is coming, but it’s not what you think.

This is not a book about doom and gloom. It’s not about the destruction of man. It’s not about the end of the earth as we know it. I believe every one of those issues are directly connected to an Egyptian belief system stemming from the church. No, the message I want to bring is one of joy. It’s one of hope and freedom. I’m here to tell you that God is poised to bring down the religious system in every nation, every church, every denomination, and in every individual man and that this is a great thing to see and experience.

God is on the verge of bringing freedom back to His people. And that’s every one of us. But in order for that freedom to come, traditional religious foundations must first come down. And that’s what this book is about. It’s about new foundations. It’s about seeing scripture from an ascended place. Instead of us being on the ground looking up, we are seated above and we’re looking down. It’s seeing Truth from God’s eyes and no longer through the eyes of men.

If there is a feeling in you rising up as you read those words, if you want to see these things happen, then this book is for you. If you’re just observing, then this is going to be a hard book to swallow. But if you are hungry for God and are willing to step over previously established boundaries of your belief system, this then may be the key to unlock the gates of your prison within you to allow you to do just that.

In this book, I have listed 10 pretty controversial topics as far as the mainline traditional thinking church is concerned. And I want you to know straight up, again, it’s not because I decided to prove how wrong the church is. These things I’m sharing are milestones, they are different stages in my relationship with the Father that have caused doctrinal foundations established in me over many years, to come crashing down in a short amount of time. What I found was, once one goes, it’s like a domino effect, the rest inevitably follow. But oh, the freedom that I experienced on the other side is unfathomable. Are you interested?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum