APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 September

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 September on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
September 8, 2018

I woke up this morning with the word "competition" on my mind. My last post back on August 19, I wrote the words of the apostle Paul "to die is gain", so now, because of that, I am led to speak of the last thing I am dying to:

and that dying is a dying to "competition".

When I looked up the word "competition" on Dictionary.com, these were the definitions to that word:

1. the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.
2. a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage
3. the rivalry offered by a competitor

Then four questions came to mind while thinking and then I asked myself these questions:
1. "Am I in competition?"
2. "If I am in competition, with who am I competing?"
3. "In what area am I competing in?"
4. "What am I competing for?"

Through these questions, words in the definition were then added, which brought up even more questions:
1. "Am I competing for supremacy?"
2. "Am I competing for honor?"
3. "Am I competing for an advantage?"

And of course, with these questions, I now had to add in the other question of: "In what area am I competing in?"

When it comes to the Bible, is this "the area" in which I am competing? and if so, what am I competing for when it comes to the Bible? Am I competing for supremacy? Am I competing for honor? Am I competing for an advantage?

and in what "area" am I competing for supremacy? In what "area" am I competing for honor? In what "area" am I competing for an advantage?

Do I take the knowledge of what I have been given by God through His written word and use it to acquire more supremacy than another person?

Do I take the knowledge of what I have been given by God through His written word and use it to acquire more honor than another person?

Do I take the knowledge of what I have been given by God through His written word and use it to acquire more of an advantage than another person?

My whole point to all of this is: This world is a world of competition and the heart of man will take anything, whether it is of man or God, and use it in a competition. I no longer want to be a part of that.

It is because of this truth, that I withdraw from any more competition and rest in the peace of "no more competition". Pride crept in and I didn't even know it:

The "pride of winning"; the "pride in winning"
The "pride of/in supremacy"
The "pride of/in honor"
The "pride of/in an advantage"

The "pride of life"; the pride of/in this physical life.

For me it has become:

"I have the ability to compete, but I choose not to, for in competition, there is always someone who loses."

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum