You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 July

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 July on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:47 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
July 2, 2018

Luke 11:2-4 (KJV)
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done,
as in heaven, so in earth. 
Give us day by day our daily bread. 
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. 

How many people actually understand this prayer? Most say it, but then think nothing of what it actually means.

A verse that came to mind about this is: (paraphrased) they honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; and I believe it is understood as, they constantly say the prayer but they do not do what Christ tells us to do through the prayer.

Can we even see that when we ask for our daily bread, that the daily bread is forgiveness? When Paul asked God to remove the thorn from his side and His reply was "My grace is sufficient" that Paul (I truly believe) had a hard time forgiving others when he would speak to them about "Christ crucified" (the forgiveness of sins) and they would not listen, in which I know that we all suffer from this.

And do we even see that in the last part of the prayer, "lead us not into temptation" is to, not be, led into the temptation of not forgiving,; and that the words "but deliver us from evil" is to be understood as being delivered from an unforgiving heart?

What I believe about the reason God will allow the temptation of not forgiving into our hearts is for the purpose of keeping us humble, and all this for the purpose of; we not only "have to" rely on Him each day, but that we "need to" rely on Him each day, until it gets to the point that we "want to" rely on Him each day.

And all this so that at the beginning of our day, we ask for His strength to be forgiving towards others as He is forgiving towards us.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum