APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 June

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 June on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:01 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
June 1, 2018

Just a quick note before I go into work.

Have we ever considered the differences between:

"Need to"
"Have to"
"Want to"

To take "a need" and turn it into a "have to" is to bring that need under the covenant of law
BUT
to take "a need" and turn it into a "want to" is to bring that need under the covenant of grace.

More this weekend, if I am led to do so .....

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: 2018 June on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
June 4, 2018

What I just come to understand in the idea of "need" is: if we "need" something it means we do not "have" whatever it is we "need". So, could not "a need" be understood as "an emptiness"? ..... I myself believe so.

More to come, have to go to work .....

3 Re: 2018 June on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
June 24, 2018

As you can tell, it has been awhile since I wrote anything. But despite the fact that time has elapsed in my life in what I write, there is no elapse of time in what you are reading.

Just this morning, I was led to the subject of "evil spirits", as I was reading Acts 19:15; "And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?", and as I dug into the original meanings, the word translated as "evil" means "hurtful".

My first question to this was, "Why was it blown out of proportion?" In others words, why was it made into something more than it is?

The other thing that came to mind as I dug, was the word G1097, which was translated as "I know" when it's original meaning is "to know".

The changing of understanding can be so subtle that we don't even see it. It is because of this reason, I believe, we "have to" find out for ourselves, but more so, that we "need to" find out for ourselves, but what can lack in a person is a passion, a desire, a want ..... do we lack the "want to" find out for ourselves.

I am always brought back to December 12, 2005, the day of my experience and that a hunger was placed in me to know the truth. This hunger is my passion, not of myself, but of God, it it His passion for me to know the truth and it takes strength to keep digging, His strength to keep digging so that He can reveal what the truth is.

What I was shown in Acts 19:15 was this "And the hurtful spirit answered and said, Jesus knows, and Paul knows; but who are ye?" despite the fact that my physical eyes saw "And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?"

The whole reason for this is to show direction, and what I mean by this is: it was not that the hurtful spirit wanted to know or even needed to know who the seven sons of the high priest were, by asking "Who are you?" it is a matter of the hurtful spirit saying to the seven sons; "Jesus knows who I am, Paul knows who I am, but who are you? Do you know who I am?"

In the Old Testament, there are examples of God sending evil spirits to men, but we are not to understand that God is evil in sending an evil spirit, it is understanding that God sends an evil spirit to show us who we are.

If we understand this verse in this way, do we see what God is trying to tell us, trying to tell us what we are doing? Because what did this hurtful spirit do afterward, verse 16: "leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded."

I believe God, through this hurtful spirit God was showing these seven sons of the high priest "who they were" and what they were doing" to His children when they would try to come into the house of God to seek comfort and reassurance that they were loved by God.

Because even the father's name, Sceva means "left handed" and should we not come to understand that God's left hand is the one who shows us "who we are" and that His right hand is the one who shows us "who we are to be", both working together as one to guide us down the path of righteousness.

And to take this even further into a deeper understanding is to look at the word "was" (G2258) in verse 16, it's meaning is "I was" and by this we can come to understand that the name of this hurtful spirit is "I was" and that these seven sons of the left hand had fallen back into the old ways, fallen back into the old covenant of the law rather than moving forward into the New Covenant of Grace. God's process of purification is always directed forward from "who we were" to the revealing of "who we are" to the revealing of "who we will be".

God is bringing mankind from the outer court of "who we were" into the inner court where He reveals  "who we are and who He is" into the Holy of Holies where He reveals "Who He truly is" and "who we will be like":

"A Son who is the exact representation of the Father"

And what was brought to mind afterward in all this was, a picture of "who and where we are" in God's kingdom. It's like God has a place in His kingdom, like a city that is walled in to keep hurtful spirits separated from the rest, and that these hurtful spirits "are us" in this walled in city, but every once in a while, God let's out this hurtful spirit that "is us" there, and sends it to ourselves, to reveal itself to ourselves, with us not even realizing that He has sent ourselves to ourselves.

Talk about an ingenious way to get His point across, using ourselves against ourselves with neither knowing what is taking place.

And talk about a deeper understanding of Matthew 6:3 "let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum