APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 May

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 May on Sun May 06, 2018 7:32 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
May 6, 2018

All things are broken down to fit into two categories, but I do not believe we are to place one above another; we are to see them as equal in their goodness.

What I mean by this is going back to Genesis Day One with the two categories being: "to be lofty" and "to be firm"; which were translated as the words "heaven" and "earth".

But, we also know that "the Law of God" is lofty and that it is also firm, and we also know that "the Grace of God" is lofty and that it is also firm.

What I have come to understand, which I can also say as; the understanding that I have been given and brought into is that of: A finer (more detailed), understanding of "The Law of God" and "The Grace of God".

What I believe happened to mankind in his descent from grace (his descent into the grave) is; that in his own understanding mankind has placed "the Law of God" above "the Grace of God". But also that mankind, in his own understanding, can also place "the Grace of God" above "the Law of God".

Seeing these examples in the OT compared to the NT is understanding that Israel was given "the Law of God" with a taste of "the Grace of God" to be revealed in the future through Christ, but because of the long period of time between the two, through their own understanding, "grace lost its flavor and they placed "the Law of God" above " the Grace of God" thereby causing themselves to condemn Gentiles through the Law while raising themselves up in the knowledge of the Law, rather than showing the Gentiles kindness through Grace. And what I mean by that is: to God, both the Jews and the Gentiles have equal value in His eyes; despite the fact that one was given "Law" to eat with a taste of "Grace" and one was given "Grace" to eat with a taste of "Law".

But now, through the NT and the revealing of the Grace of God through Christ, given to the Gentiles, we can easily place "Grace" above "Law". Now we know through God's written word that "the Covenant of Grace" is a better covenant than "the Covenant of Law", but what still needs to be revealed inside of us is that both have equal value in the righteousness of God.

What I mean by both having equal value in the righteousness of God is: they have equal value "inside" of us and it is the revealing of "the direction" each is being projected at; and this is further understood in greater detail as "the firmament" we are brought into.

What I believe "the firmament" can be understood as; is not only as a place but His Spirit; His Spirit in which both "law" and "grace" are made known and better understood so that we do not "miss the mark" in either direction of what is being aimed or projected at. What I mean by this is: we can be at a place where when we face one direction we can also turn and face another direction without moving our feet from the place our feet are at.

What I am trying to explain, which by so many words can cause confusion, is that:

The direction "the Law of God" is always to be directed is "inward"
while
The direction "the Grace of God" is always to be directed is "outward"

It is understanding that by directing "the Law of God" inward is to put to death any condemnation towards others so that "the Grace of God" is projected through us towards others; and is this not the "Light" that others are to see when they look at us or hear our words?

For me, in what I have come to understand is: Christ being crucified before the foundation of the world is to understand that "The Word" was divided into "word(s) against" and "word(s) for". With this expanded into "words of judgment against" and 'words of judgment for".

For me, it is an understanding of: sin is a nature and what I mean by that is to see that the original meaning of the word "sin" is "to miss the mark", so expanding this is to see that the nature of man is to sin, also understood as: the nature of man is to "miss the mark".

What do we "miss the mark" with? What I believe we "miss the mark" with is "judgment". When judgment is directed at ourselves rather than directed at the sin in us, we tend to judge ourselves as unrighteous rather than judging sin as unrighteous.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: 2018 May on Mon May 07, 2018 4:09 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
May 7, 2018

I ended yesterday with this:

What do we "miss the mark" with? What I believe we "miss the mark" with is "judgment". When judgment is directed at ourselves rather than directed at the sin in us, we tend to judge ourselves as unrighteous rather than judging only sin as unrighteous.

This can be seen in the story of the garden if we believe that each physical thing represents something spiritual in us. What I mean by this, by what I have come to understand is:

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil = The Law
The fruit that the tree produces = Judgment - in which judgment can be used for or against

Before Adam and Eve ate from the tree, they were naked and unashamed. If we believe that being naked is a representation of being unrighteousness, we can understand that their condition before they ate from the tree was; they were unrighteous and not ashamed. The question, I believe, that needs to be asked at this point is: Why were they unashamed of their unrighteousness? The reason I believe they were unashamed of their unrighteousness is because they could not see it, they were blind to it.

Does this not make sense in the understanding that after they ate "and the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked" (Genesis 3:7). Before they ate from the tree, they had no idea what unrighteousness was, but after they ate, they knew what unrighteousness was and they knew that they were unrighteous.

What the nature of man does here is: it sees a truth and it builds upon that without realizing what it is doing. What I mean by that is this; the last part of the previous paragraph, "they knew that they were unrighteous" is "the missing of the mark". Their judgment was directed at themselves rather then only at sin itself, they missed the mark (the bulls-eye) with their judgment; in other words, their judgment hit themselves rather then hitting only sin, they "missed the mark".

What we should get from this is: we are to understand that we are a righteous being; a righteous being with the ability to judge, but to aim that judgment at ourselves (or others) rather than only at sin is a "sin in itself". Our ability to judge is to be used for the death and destruction of "sin" not the death and destruction of ourselves or others.

This is what I believe the nature of God uses judgment for ... to judge only sin, whereas the nature of man uses judgment to not only judge sin but to judge others. Man's eyes have been opened to the judgment of sin and it is a righteous thing, but what man's eyes are still blind to is: the unrighteousness (sin) of judging others.

In short:
It is a righteous thing to judge sin
BUT
it is an unrighteous thing to judge others

To be continued .....

3 Re: 2018 May on Mon May 21, 2018 4:08 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
May 21, 2018

The other day, I came across the word that is translated "I AM" in Exodus 3:14, it is the same word that is translated as "let there be" and "and there was" in Genesis 1:3.

It is also translated as the word "was" in Genesis 1:2 (we will come back to that)

What came to mind about verse 3 was, that if we replace the words with the words "I am" we get ...

And God said, "I am light, I am light", but the question was raised in my mind as to "why is the same phrase repeated?". What came to mind with this is: when we read words, we cannot hear the tone of voice in which something is said.

This in itself is a concept of "context", the tone of voice in which something is said has to be included in the context of what was said.

My point being, that when I reread verse 3 with the words "I am" in it, it in itself became a revelation, and what I mean by that is, the reason I believe it is repeated has to do with the tone of voice in which each phrase is said with. What I mean by that is: each time it is said, it is said in a different tone of voice.

It is like the first time it is said, it is a revelation of coming to understand something more clearly, as if it is a surprise, a "wow" moment; but then, the second time it is said, it is said with conviction, you now believe the revelation that came to you.

It also goes along with the first verse in Genesis of "to be lofty" (loftiness, translated as "heaven") and "to be firm" (firmness, translated as earth); "revelation" is in the context of loftiness (surprise/wow) and that "conviction" is in the context of firmness (belief).

Believing what is revealed, is to understand that what is "revealed" becomes "firm" when it is believed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum