APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 April

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 April on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:06 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
April 1, 2018

I don't much care for using the word "struggling", but what I am going through right now, this word is the best at this moment to describe it.

I know that all things have a purpose, but I am still wondering why I keep going back and forth with wanting to "continue writing" what I am shown and to just "stop writing".

It is like a constant up and down, wanting too and not wanting too. I have come to understand that during the times I do write, an answer is given to questions I ask, so is this going to happen while I write about this?

Because of a "struggle", the question that needs to be asked "IS NOT", "Why I am struggling?" but "What is the purpose of the struggle?"

Is not the purpose of a "struggle" to break free from something, that in the struggle we can feel bound or shackled to something, but again, another question that begs to be asked is, "From what am I trying to break free from?" and the reason I ask for this is, "What is lost in when we start to struggle?" and the first thing that comes to mind in all of this is "peace".

Struggling in itself is a form of "unrest" or also understood as "not having peace". So why is "peace" taken away to enter into a struggle?

As I said earlier, an answer is usually given while I write, and what came to mind from this is: "growth" or "growing". Do we view our "struggle" as "growth" or "growing"? Do we view our struggle as breaking free from something old to be free to move into something new? And "What is the 'new' that we are we are moving into to?" Which can also be understood as "What is the 'new' that we are growing into?

And can we understand this in the context of what a plant goes through in growing, in that it breaks free from the confines of the shell of the seed and as it grows, it also breaks the surface of the ground to freely grow in the open space we call the atmosphere?

Do we or "can we" see the big picture of breaking free from the confines of the shell of the seed as "a breaking away from the flesh" and then the breaking free from the confines of the ground as "a breaking free from the confines of 'a fleshly way of thinking'", but still understanding where are roots are?

Do we understand that "the flesh" and "the way the flesh thinks" are two different things we need to be freed from? And can we also understand these two things as being freed from "the world" and being freed from "the way the world thinks"?

We know that religion is something that is separated from the world within the context of believing in God, but how is religion any different than the world in its "way of thinking" believing in "the punishment of those who do wrong"? Why do we believe that God is no different than the judges in this world? Are God's ways the way of the world? In other words, is God going to handle things exactly the way the world does?

In the world, we appoint men to rule over us and we call it "politics", so how are we any different if we appoint men to rule over us and we call it "religion"? Are we not just going from one form of rule to another? Are we fooled into believing one is better than another simply because the concept of God is involved in one and not in the other?

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: 2018 April on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
April 2, 2018

I have said it before and I have to say it again ..... we never know through who or what God will reveal a truth.

As I was watching the movie "Legally Blonde" .... the end speaks about passion, and what I came to understand is a deeper meaning to the message sent to the first church in the book of Revelation.

When God reveals the truth to us and we have an overwhelming excitement to tell others what has been revealed to us ..... when we speak to others about what was revealed, we want others to feel that same excitement that we do ..... but when we see that they don't feel the same way we do, we tend to lose faith in what was revealed, but not so much of losing faith in what was revealed, but of losing faith in "the effectiveness" of what was revealed.

But what was revealed through the movie and Revelation is "that we have left our first love" and that first love is: our love for the truth; in other words: "Our passion for the truth". We lose sight of the target, which is just another way of saying "we miss the mark"; we miss the mark by misdirection, and what I mean by that is: The mark is not others, to convince others of the truth ..... but the mark is truth itself.

Again, in other words; It is not about having a passion to convince others of the truth, it is about being given a passion for the truth itself. To put it in the easiest way to understand is to say .....

"We must never lose our passion for the truth for the sake of trying to convince others of it, for in trying to convince others of it, the passion can fade away; and again, in other words: the passion can die.

To understand that God's Son, our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus is the "TRUTH" that we have that passion for, is to love the Son as much as the Father loves His Son. If others do not recognize that passion, then so be it, but don't let that stop you from continuing to seek the truth; to seek the Son.

In what I wrote yesterday about the struggle I was going through has now been answered, the reason peace would be taken away is because my passion had been misdirected, He was telling me I had been focused on trying to convince others of the truth rather than keeping my focus on the truth itself.

When I first experienced what I could not explain back in December of 2005, I know for a fact, I was given a hunger for the truth, which I now understand as: I was given "a passion" for the truth, and it is only now, over twelve years later, that "that passion" has been resurrected, it is now an "incorruptible passion" that shall never die again, because a lot of times;

"The words of another are a son I can no longer believe in."

The words that hit home in the movie "Legally Blonde" are: "If you're going to let one stupid prick ruin your life... you're not the girl I thought you were."

Because what I heard from my heavenly Farther was: "If you're going to let the words of another ruin your passion ... you're not the son I thought you were."

Even Jesus Himself could not convince everyone at the time He walked on this earth in the flesh. They had not yet had the fire kindled; in other words: "They had not yet had the passion kindled." And even in the upper room, that passion was only given to some. And only a few had such a passion kindled in them to write about it.

3 Re: 2018 April on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:39 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
April 3, 2018 (3:30 am CST)

Just a quick note this morning about the word "authority", its original meaning in a lot of verses is "privilege"

Have quite a bit I would like to write about, but do not have the time right now, since this physical body requires sleep.

(11:00 m CST)
"For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes" (Matthew 7:29)

This was the verse that led me to write what I did earlier this morning. The word "one" was added by the translators and when I had seen that the original meaning of the word "authority" means "privilege", it took on a whole new meaning, but not in the way that most may think.

As I read it as: "For He taught them as having privilege, and not as the scribes", the first thing I noticed was who was being spoken of, the main focus is those "being taught" by Jesus, not Jesus Himself.

Is not His word supposed to encourage and lift up those who read it? And is not His word supposed to teach us what God has done and is doing for us?

I am not trying to take away anything from God when it comes to His authority, but through whose eyes are we seeing? And what I mean by that is:

do we view God (through the eyes of men) as having "the right" to do what He wants to because He IS God?
OR
do we view God (through His eyes) as having "the privilege" to do as He pleases because He is God?

And by this, do we see and understand the difference between "law" and "grace" here?

What I mean by this is: Do we view ourselves as being given "a right by law" or do we view ourselves as being given "a privilege by grace"?

Is this what we are supposed to see in "being chosen" by God, in seeing the difference between the Jews and the Gentiles. They were chosen by God to receive the truth, but they were chosen to receive the "truth in grace", but the time didn't arrive until Jesus walked this earth.

Just because something has been promised does not mean we have been given it yet. We know this to be truth, but do we realize that we are only given the truth if we are first given a heart of grace, a heart of forgiveness, the ability to give what is not deserved.

The nation of Israel was chosen to receive the truth, but what I believe happens in people is; they take the promise in pride. The reason for this is because "being chosen" is easily turned into "a pride of being chosen". We know this also to be truth because we can constantly see this in the world that people say "I was chosen and you weren't". Do we not see this in the religion of the time of Christ, and in the religions of today; "We were chosen and you weren't"?

Do we not see this constantly in children and do we not realize in ourselves that this is a childish way of thinking?

We have all been chosen to receive the truth, but I do not believe that we can receive it if we believe we were chosen "over" others, which I believe was the mindset of the nation of Israel. What I believe to be the mindset of grace is one of: being chosen "before" another and it is by this mindset that we come to understand that to be given the truth is "a privilege" ..... NOT "a right" simply because God promised we would receive it.

When Christ says, "for unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" (Luke 12:48), it is a reference to truth itself, and what I mean by that is: "He that is given truth, more truth will be required." and that is simply because we know for a fact that we do not receive it all at once.

4 Re: 2018 April on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:04 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
April 7, 2018

Psalm 139

Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart

1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. 7  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12  Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 13  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17  How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. 19  Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20  For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. 21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22  I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. 23  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 

I am no scholar, but this Psalm does not make sense to me. What I mean by that is: if there is no hate in the heart of God ... and we are to be like Christ, who is the exact representation of God ... and if David is to also be a representation of Christ in the Old Testament; why is their hate in the heart of David?

Verse 19 shows a transfer of focus in the way it is translated; it goes from a focus on who God is towards David, but then all of a sudden the focus is changed to what God will do to the morally wrong (which is translated as "wicked").

To me, this is a picture of religion, for according to religion, God saves the righteous and slays the wicked. If this was the view point of those who translated God's written word, it of course would reflect their own heart and come forth in their writing; come forth in their translation.

But coming to understand God's pure heart of no hatred, and if David is having the same heart, I believe that verse 19 should read; "Lo!, cut off morally wrong, O God", but not in the sense of cutting off morally wrong people, it is an examination of himself in that he is asking God to cut off what is morally wrong in himself; a circumcision of the heart in the cutting away of any hatred that may veil the mind from the heart of God.

Because I also believe the second part of that verse should read "turn off that blood man", which can also be understood as David asking God to turn off the flesh, a fleshly way of thinking ... in other words, to turn off a morally wrong way of thinking.

I believe this Psalm is all about David seeing the heart of God towards himself and asking God to change his heart to be the same towards others, all this for the purpose of being able to love others the way God loves him.

I also see that verse 20 is a continuation of verse 19 in a more detailed explanation of the "bloody man" in that it should read: "who speaks a plan; a foe, lifting desolation". All this to understand that; a bloody man who speaks a plan of desolation is a foe. In other words: "a fleshly man who speaks a plan of desolation is a foe, an enemy; an enemy of God."

Going into verse 21, I believe David is telling himself "Do not hate", because then He goes back to God by saying "O Lord" but then it goes into an explanation, an explanation of hate. by the use of the two words following the word hate; those words being "cut off" and "an opponent", and I believe this because "hate" cuts us off from the heart of Love and that it is an opponent to a heart of Love.

I believe that what I have written so far should read as:

"Lo! Cut off what is morally wrong. God, turn off that bloody man, who speaks a plan, a foe who lifts desolation. Do not hate. Lord, hate: cut off, an opponent."

Then going into verse 22 I see as a continuation of the subject of hate in that it should read: "hate, complete hate exists, it is hating". And this is because we know that any hate in the heart or thought of someone is manifested through our physical body and is the action of it and that action is "hating".

It is understanding that "hating" is the outward appearance of (manifestation of) what is in the heart or in the mind.

Understanding that this writing of David is him writing down the thought process of his understanding of hate and what it does, because what we see when we go into verse 23 is a short prayer by David in that he is saying, "Penetrate strength" which is understood as; commanding God to penetrate his own heart with strength to overcome any hate in his heart. then David says "Know my heart" followed by "test knowing thought" summed up in the one word "see", understood as David commanding God to show him if there is any hate in his heart and in his thought.

Then when we get into the last part of verse 24 we see "Lo! Idol road, guide road concealed". I believe this is David, by his writing has come to a conclusion about "hate", but more so, that he is given a revelation, this revelation indicated by the word "Lo!" that "hate" is an "idol road" and an expanded understanding of that "idol road" is "a guide road concealed", also understood as "hate is a guide road concealed" and that it cannot be recognized in ourselves unless God reveals it to us.

So, in conclusion, what I see from verse 19 on is this:

"Lo! Cut off what is morally wrong. God, turn off that bloody man, who speaks a plan, a foe who lifts desolation. Do not hate. Lord, hate: cut off, an opponent. Hate, complete hate exists, it is hating. Penetrate strength. Know my heart, test knowing thought: see. Lo! Idol road, a guide road concealed"

And when we go back to the beginning of this understanding, that with the first "Lo!" in verse 19, it also was a revelation of being shown what has to be cut off, David's first revelation in this was "Cut off what is morally wrong", in other words "Cut off hate" because we come to the command "Do not hate" and the second revelation is the conclusion of what "hate is" .... "a guide road concealed".

The road of hate has to be revealed and that can only be accomplished by: ..... the work of the Holy Spirit in us through Christ (the Living Word) that comes from the Father.

"Man shall not live by bread (the written word) alone, but by every word (Living Word) that proceeds out of the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum