APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 January

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2018 January on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
January 13, 2018

I have wanted to write things here in my journal about the things that God has been showing me since the first of the year, but for some reason or another He has kept me from doing so ..... I now know the reason why, the thing is, on the surface, what I am about to write goes against everything I have understood about a certain verse, but when He concluded what I was to learn, it all made perfect sense. So, I ask, if anyone is reading this, hear me out before you judge only the first part as heresy before the explanation is understood.

The importance of one little thing can make the biggest difference in understanding something, but more so, that the littlest thing can make the biggest difference in understanding "everything". Again, please, and I emphasize the word "please" in a tone of voice of a beggar to not judge before it is explained.

His written word tells us through the apostle Paul to rightly divide the truth; "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15).

Do you believe that men can make mistakes? I know for a fact that the answer to that question is "yes", and of course that also means me, for I am but a man. So, by that standard, could I be wrong in what I am about to write? Yes, I could be, but if it makes sense, would it not be worth considering or is it too dangerous?

The verse that was shown to me by His Spirit that was not rightly divided (which of course, it is your choice to believe if it was God's Spirit or my own) is: "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63).

Here is how I was shown it should read: "It is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh to be useful, not even the words that I speak unto you are spirit, are life" ..... now you know why I asked that you not judge it before it is explained, because why would I think that the words that Christ speaks are not spirit, are not life?

The explanation is: words spoken by anyone are not spirit or life if they are not believed. It doesn't matter how many times you can tell someone they are saved, if they do not believe it, your words have no effect. And in the same way, it doesn't matter how many times you can tell someone their way of thinking is flawed, if they don't believe it, again your words have no effect on the person.

Here is how I was lead to this conclusion about how the verse should read.

Punctuation in the English language; punctuation divides sentences into sections for the purpose of a clearer understanding of what is trying to be said by the writer to the readers. If punctuation is placed in the wrong place by the translators of the words from one language to another, it can completely change the meaning of what is trying to be said. Because the older languages of Hebrew and Greek did not have punctuation, having them translated into English, which uses punctuation, can completely change what the original writers were trying to say.

This is the main reason we have to be given His Spirit in order to rightly understand what His Spirit has rightly divided. Through punctuation, that verse was divided into five separate sections, which by what I came to understand, it should have been only three. The reason for this is because, if words themselves are mistranslated, then those mistranslations are going to determine where the punctuation is going to be placed.

Taking a closer look at the word "flesh" in this verse, seeing that it's original meaning is: flesh (as stripped of the skin), if the skin is taken off of the body, what we see underneath are all the muscles of the body, and by understanding the purpose of muscles in the body, be know that muscles have to do with strength, which also relates to, the ability to move. And by this we know that if someone has a spirit of life, even in the understanding of, if someone has physical life, this life that is in the body is what gives these muscles the ability to move.

Now taking a closer look at the word "profiteth" in this verse; its original meaning is: to be useful. Is it not life, the spirit in the body that makes the physical body useful, makes it useful to and for others? Is not our body to be used for acts of kindness to and for others? For me, to say that "the flesh profiteth nothing" is to say that it has no purpose, that it gets nothing out of anything, and I fully believe that "EVERYTHING" God has made has purpose, despite the fact that it may be temporary or permanent.

The difference we are to see in what we are to come to understand about the physical body in our spiritual understandings is: if everything we do is to bring pleasure to our own physical body, or pleasure to our own mindset of always wanting to please ourselves first, then our physical bodies become useless to and for others, in which, all of this can be summed up in one word, with that word being "selfish" or "selfishness".

So, with this, the first part of the verse can easily be understood as: "It is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh useful", but also understanding that "the spirit is what quickeneth the body of flesh (the physical body) to be useful to and for others, and not just useful to and for our own pleasures.

And with this we know that "pleasures" also relate to "desires" and by this we know that we are not to render our own physical bodies useless to the desires of others by wanting to fulfill our own desires in selfishness.

Moving on to the word "nothing" in this verse. In its original meaning, it means: not even one (man, woman or thing), so why is it translated as the word "nothing" rather than left as "not even one"? But also, if this verse is to be understood in the way that I have been shown, that term "not even one" could have been translated into the word "no" at the beginning of this part of the verse to keep the same meaning that was trying to be conveyed by the writer from the words of Christ.

What I mean by that is understanding the second part of this verse as: "no words that I speak unto you are spirit, are life" and again, the reason I can believe this is what was meant by Christ is the fact that if words are "not believed" by the person who hears them, those words are rendered dead by that person who does not believe them, which again, it is understanding that they are rendered of "no effect" if they are not believed.

How many of us by coming to the understanding of Universal Reconciliation know for a fact that religion renders God's word of "no effect" because they believe in Eternal Torment?

The only reason words are brought to life in our own heart is because of God's Spirit in our hearts gives them life. We are given His Spirit so that we can believe and that is the Spirit in us that gives life to the words spoken by another. The thing is with people of God's Spirit, when words are spoken by another they instantaneously are given life to us in our hearts and we can think that they have life when they come out of the mouths of someone else.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: 2018 January on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
January 21, 2018

So many things have come to mind lately and I have an urge to write down the things I have come to understand, but have no idea with what to start with. The littlest things can have the greatest impact on everything we can come to understand. This morning, I am led to write about "time".

Mankind perceives "time" as something we are traveling through, in the same sense as "space". What I mean by this is: just as physical matter moves through space, mankind perceives "time" in the same way, that it is something we move through, and men in all their knowledge of science has now combined the two as one and calls it "spacetime".  

How do we try to prove to someone that we are actually moving through time? do we show them our watch and see that the second hand is moving on the dial and say "time is ticking away"? Or do we show them a calendar and point to a day in the past and then point to today's date and say "we have moved through time"? And we can then, also point to a day in the future and say, "we will arrive at this date in the future? Is this proof that we are moving through time?

I would like you to stop and think about this for a moment, and I mean "really think" about it. When you look at your watch or a clock on the wall, what are you actually seeing? Is it "a moving through time"? What is the purpose of a watch, is it to keep track of time, to keep track of our movement through time?

The earth spins on its axis, and we use the word "revolving" to describe this movement of the earth on its axis. It takes 24 hrs for the earth to do one complete turn on its axis and we can use the word "day" to describe this 24 hour period as a "date" on a calendar, and this 24 hour period is also divided into two sections that we call "night" and "day".

What I am getting at with this is: when we look at our watch or a clock on the wall, what are we actually looking at? Is it moving "in" time or is it the tool used to measure the movement of matter "in" space, the spinning of the earth on its axis "in" space?

And again, when we look at a calendar, what are we actually looking at? Is it moving "through" time or is it the tool used to measure the orbit of matter "through" space; the orbit of the earth through space; also understood as the orbit of the earth "through" space around the sun?

What we are actually looking at (if you choose to believe it) is: "a tool" invented by man that keeps track of the spinning (the movement) of the earth on its axis. And when we look at a calendar, we are again looking at "a tool" invented by man that keeps track of the movement of the earth in its orbit around the sun.

So, I ask, how do you perceive time, as something we move "in" or "through" ..... or as something that is used as "a tool" to "measure movement"? and if you make the choice of understanding it as "a tool", it is by this it is easier to understand the concept of: the two states of movement, those two states of movement being: "in" and "through".

3 Re: 2018 January on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
January 23, 2018

So many things we want to understand are right in front of us, but we still remain blind to the answers. We all have so many questions that we would like to have answered and when it turns into "a need" to be answered .... it can become an obsession, but in the context of "the truth", I believe we are to understand it as "a passion".

It is easy for anyone to say "someone has an obsession", but does that person say that because they do not understand what "passion" is? What I mean by this is: do they believe that there is a very fine line between "obsession" and "passion".

In what I have come to understand through God's Word is: if we believe there is a line between the two, that line is a veil that keeps us blind to an understanding that they are the "same truth" seen from different perspectives, two different words to describe the same thing. But the reason they use the word "obsession" is because they do not understand the word "passion" and that is because they have not yet been given God's understanding of what it is and that is because God is far from their heart because of their focus being on the things of this world.

It is coming to understand; that if we are of the world, we can easily have the perspective of "obsession", but if we are born of God, having been taken out of this world, we see it through the eyes of God and see it as "passion". In other words, our own perspective of how we view/see/understand something is changed and by that we see God at work in a person that is "obsessed"; as a person who has "passion". Because even an earthly dictionary reveals that the word "passion" is a synonym for "obsession".

Why is there so much confusion in this world? Why I believe there is so much confusion is because of all the different words used by man and everyone will define each word according to what they understand at any given point in their life, therefore causing people to lose the ability to accurately communicate with each other.

What do I believe is the greatest thing that is taken for granted? It is language itself, people think they fully understand how to talk simply because sound comes out of their mouths, but the majority of the time, they have no idea what they can do to someone else by their choice of words that do come out of their mouths.

Language is the power of life and death, it can either give life to the spirit of another or it can kill the spirit of another and this "gift" we have been given by God is so misused by the mind, it kills the Spirit that God wants to grow in the heart of each and every one of us. This can happen within ourselves between our own heart and mind and it can happen outside of ourselves with other hearts and minds we come in contact with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum