You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning H7225

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Beginning H7225 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin

The very first verse in Genesis uses this word "beginning"

it's meaning is:
H7225: From the same as H7218; the first, in place, time, order or rank (specifically a firstfruit): - beginning, chief (-est), first (-fruits, part, time), principal thing.

In that definition it says "From the same as H7218" so what we can come to understand here is that both these words H7225 and H7218 have something in common, so let's look at the second definition.

H7218: From an unused root apparently meaning to shake; the head (as most easily shaken), whether literally or figuratively (in many applications, of place, time, rank, etc.): - band, beginning, captain, chapiter, chief (-est place, man, things), company, end, X every [man], excellent, first, forefront, ([be-]) head, height, (on) high (-est part, [priest]), X lead, X poor, principal, ruler, sum, top.

Now, before we go any further, we need to understand that we cannot or should not speculate on a conclusion of what they have in common. But we also have to understand that we can get a surface understanding of the use of the word within the context of the surrounding words, but in order to get a deeper understanding of the word we need to not only look at all the places the word is used within the context of those surrounding words, but also within the context of everything that is written in the Bible.

And what I mean by that is: we need a foundation upon which all Scripture is based upon. We know from our own understanding of what we learn from men (and no, we are not to discount all things men teach because we never know through who the Father will use to give us a tidbit of truth to be used to further His understanding in us), what we learn from men (and can come to understand on our own) is that the Old Testament was all about who was "to be sent to us" and the New Testament was all about who was "sent to us".

By this we know that the Bible is all about Jesus Christ, which even the use of His names in reverse as Christ Jesus has significance, but that is a whole study on its own. Jesus Christ was sent to reveal to mankind who His Father is, this can be seen in His own words of; "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9). We know that this is not a reference to seeing Him physically (in the flesh) but seeing Him spiritually (in the Spirit).

John also says that "God is love" (1 John 4:8 ) , this is (I believe) the foundation upon which all Scripture has to be built on. It is to understand that the reason God has done, is doing or will do is because He is Love.

Now with this in mind, let's get back to this study of this word "beginning". We have seen that this means "the first, in place, time, order or rank" and also "the head", if we have any previous knowledge of the Bible, we know that Christ is "the first, in place, time, order and rank" and that He is also "the head" of the church. We also know that Christ Himself refers to Himself as "the beginning", so are we to conclude that this is a reference to Christ in this first verse of the Bible?

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: Beginning H7225 Yesterday at 1:02 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
The second place this word "beginning" (H7225) is used is:

"And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar." (Genesis 10:10)

If we keep with the context of "the first, in place, time, order, or rank", are we to understand that these cities were first in the land of Shinar? Meaning: are we to understand that these cities were the greatest in the land, that they were greater than all the other cities in the land? We can speculate all we want, but we know for a fact that speculation does not make something true. I myself believe we have to dig deeper into definitions in order to find what is true. We can view this literally, but is seeing this literally the only way to view this? I myself do not believe so.

Understanding that these cities were considered greater than all the other cities in the land is one way to look at it. When we look at the definitions of the names of these cities, we can get a picture of something else. The word "Babel" means "confusion", so by this, can we view this verse in a different way, understanding the first part of this verse as “The greatest of his kingdom is confusion”? And with the term “The Tower of Babel” are we to understand this as “The Tower of Confusion”?

I do not want to get too far off track since this is a study of this one word “beginning” and how it is to be understood. But then again, how can we come to understand how it is used without digging into its original meaning to see the context of which it is used?

What if we bring the two verses together into one understanding? What I mean by this is taking what we first understood about the word “beginning” in Genesis 1:1 and now bring in what we understand about its use in Genesis 10:10 and seeing something totally different from what we understood by studying the verses separately.

If we understand that this word is pertaining to “the first, in time, place, order, or rank” and if we understand that Christ refers to Himself as “the beginning” can we now see in the second use of the word in Genesis 10:10 as “The Christ of his kingdom is confusion”? And since we know that God wants us to see clearly, having our eyes opened to see the truth (healing our blindness), that He is not a God of confusion; would we not see in this second use of the word “beginning” something we never saw before in that what is revealed is an “anti-Christ”? That “confusion” is the anti-Christ to “clarity”?

People may say that I am reading into His word something that is not there, the thing is; I totally agree with that statement from their viewpoint, but because I believe that we cannot "live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God"; I do not see it as “reading into His word something that is not there” I see it as the revealing of something that is hidden, something that cannot be seen but it is something that can be heard in the Spirit. I walk by faith and faith comes by hearing, hearing every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. The thing is, there will always be doubt by another if they have not heard the same thing that others do; in other words, there will always be doubt if a revelation by one person is not a revelation to the other person.

What I myself have experienced and found to be true is, even though I myself have not received a certain revelation, the believing of the revelation given to another is what helps us grow even more in understanding; our understanding is multiplied and increased because of it. The reason I believe this to be true is because I never received the revelation that Genesis 1 is the process in which God brings us into, but someone else did and I believed their revelation because I believed and knew, and still know, they were of His Spirit.

It is because of all this that I continue to write the things that I am shown, they can be rejected or they can be accepted, that is up to the spirit or Spirit that is in them.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum