APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 June

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2016 June on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
June 6, 2016
    Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June in a Kenworth pulling logs, cab-over Pete with a reefer on and a Jimmy hauling hogs; for those who do not know, those are the opening lines to the song Convoy that was popular in the seventies, it is because of this date that song is always brought back to mind. Every one of us has a specific date in our lives that always brings back a memory of something, brought back to the forefront of our mind; the most significate date in my life was December 12, 2005, it was a day that changed the course of my life forever.

On that date something happened to me, I am not going to go into a bunch of details of trying to explain what happened, all I can compare it to is; I was woken up, my eyes were opened from sleeping that I didn’t even know I was doing. The most significant thing that I know for a fact that did happen afterward was, I was hungry for the truth; a hunger for the Word of God.

Before I go much further, I would like to just slow down and look at one specific thing, the one thing I know for a fact did happen; that thing being: becoming hungry. Which leads me to my first question: What is hunger? According to the dictionary:

Noun:
1. A compelling need or desire for food
2. The painful sensation or state of weakness caused by the need for food
3. A shortage of food; famine
4. A strong or compelling desire or craving

Verb: (used without object)
1. To feel hunger; be hungry
2. To have a strong desire

Verb: (used with object)
1. Rare. To subject to hunger; starve

These are the aspects of physical hunger; what about spiritual hunger. Since we know that Christ is compared to the manna sent daily from heaven as food to the Israelites while in the wilderness, that Christ (the Word) is food, I became hungry for Christ. If we look at the first definition and replace the word “food” with the word “Christ”, we get this: A compelling need or desire for Christ. But this raised another question in me, before that experience I knew that I had a need for Christ, I had been listening to Christian radio off and on for years and the few months before my experience, as much as possible. What I did not realize at the time was, yes, I knew that I had a need for Christ but what I didn’t know was that I needed a hunger for Christ.

This is the difference that the Father knows between the words need and hunger, we in our own mind can use them as synonyms (having the same meaning), but the Father knows the difference and this is what I believe is an example of “rightly dividing the word”.

What just came to mind as I was writing this out is seeing both Christ and His Spirit, what I mean by that is; hunger is a word used for the Spirit in the phrase “I needed a hunger for Christ” which when understood even deeper, “I” being soul (or self) needed a Spirit for Christ. Which of coarse raised another question, what triggered my awakening to become hungry? That I contribute to the subject of the program I was listening to at the time. A son was a guest speaker on the usual program and he was speaking of the compassion of his mother.

The word compassion is what triggered my awakening to become hungry for the truth, and that is because I needed compassion to become real in my life (He knew it) and a hunger for the truth was the only way to understand it the way the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit understand it (He knows it). He knew that would trigger it because that was His design for me, on that day my soul was awakened by the word compassion, which is an attribute that all three share. It is a word that has to rank at top and alongside words like love and forgiveness.

The reason I believe this is because of the asking of this question: How do you prove that you love someone? Is it not by forgiving them when they do wrong against you? Think about that for a minute or two before you read on. ….. And now the question has to be asked: Can you forgive someone if you have no compassion towards them?

Compassion is something you have towards another when you see they are in some kind of pain, but can we say we feel that pain the way they do if we ourselves have not experienced it? NO, we cannot. Why does mankind lack compassion towards others? Mankind lacks compassion because they tend to avoid those who are suffering. Not because they don’t want to help, but out of the fear of being hurt themselves or being taken advantage of. Self-preservation is one of the strongest motivations for avoidance.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 2016 December on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:31 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
December 21, 2016
Impracticable (hard) does not mean impossible

The past few days, the statement by Christ about a camel and a rich man have been on my mind (Matthew 19:24); but not just what He said, but what the disciples said.

I had never noticed it before, but there are only two possibilities of what the disciples were thinking when Christ made His statement: either, the disciples thought that everyone was rich; Or, that only the rich would be saved, why else would they ask, “Who then can be saved?”; Blind for so many years and never seeing this. Christ is not saying that rich men cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven, He is just saying it is hard (impracticable)(G1423).

Why is it so hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom, it is because his mind is focused on the physical aspect of riches; this is why the man walked away sorrowful, he was focused on his physical possessions. But despite physical riches, a man can enter into the kingdom. Is not Abraham (Faith) a perfect example?

The word “sell” (G4453) in the original meaning means “to barter”, this aspect of bartering is an exchange of something you have for something you want or need, and that in itself is about repentance, to think differently ….. an exchange of one thought or idea for another; but not just for another thought or idea, but a better one. Have not all of us who have come into the UR understanding, exchanged what we may have first believed to be true (ET) for what we now “KNOW” to be true?

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum