APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

According to the Pattern

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm

jugghead wrote:To feel totally alone with no sense of purpose is to know what the Father felt when nothing existed but Himself

I saw this in the other thread and it was pretty profound. I don't know what to do with it, but I like it!

102 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
jugghead wrote:To feel totally alone with no sense of purpose is to know what the Father felt when nothing existed but Himself

I saw this in the other thread and it was pretty profound. I don't know what to do with it, but I like it!

If I may be so bold:

What you are going through is what I went through, I was a drywall taper for over thirty years and then on December 12, 2005, God awoke me with a taste of His Holy Spirit, it was not until 2 years later that I had such a hatred for drywall something had to be done, not knowing it at the time, but it was God's hand leading me.

He took me out of drywall and placed me in a truck, He took me out of the world, from constant contact with Babylon, it was only then, being alone in a truck, with no sound but His thoughts coming into my mind that our relationship started to blossom.

What I see in your situation is the same thing, an opportunity to get away where you will no longer be distracted by the ways of the world.

You have left it to Him, but no matter what you decide, we are to remember that He can work in us anywhere, some places just have less distractions.

Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

103 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 pm

LindaY

You are not alone in your struggling, I think I have crossed the line with Linda

Not true Scherryl. I asked you questions and you gave me answers. If I'm not in a place to accept those answers then I should not ask. So, you can't cross the line if someone asks you for those answers. They may not always make us happy but if it's truth, it wakes us up, if it's not then, that will be made known to us too. Love is not always as sweet as honey. There are different manifestations of love, I'm finding out and if it's His Words spoken, then we know that the Father is love and there can be no error or stumbling in that. I love you

104 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 pm

LindaY wrote:...I asked you questions and you gave me answers. If I'm not in a place to accept those answers then I should not ask. So, you can't cross the line if someone asks you for those answers. They may not always make us happy but if it's truth, it wakes us up, if it's not then, that will be made known to us too. Love is not always as sweet as honey. There are different manifestations of love, I'm finding out and if it's His Words spoken, then we know that the Father is love and there can be no error or stumbling in that. I love you

You go, girl! Very Happy

105 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm

jugghead wrote:
What you are going through is what I went through, I was a drywall taper for over thirty years and then on December 12, 2005, God awoke me with a taste of His Holy Spirit, it was not until 2 years later that I had such a hatred for drywall something had to be done, not knowing it at the time, but it was God's hand leading me.

He took me out of drywall and placed me in a truck, He took me out of the world, from constant contact with Babylon, it was only then, being alone in a truck, with no sound but His thoughts coming into my mind that our relationship started to blossom.

What I see in your situation is the same thing, an opportunity to get away where you will no longer be distracted by the ways of the world.

You have left it to Him, but no matter what you decide, we are to remember that He can work in us anywhere, some places just have less distractions.

I was a driver for many years, and loved it for much the same reason. It was an honest days work for an honest day's pay, lot's of time alone with Him, and I never had to lie to anyone. (Well, maybe I told a few stretchers for the DOT's sake.) And plenty of time alone with the Lord.

106 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

David I've had to go through something very similar. When I was given the word of Reconciliation, my wife and I believed we would go. What you described as your ideal 7th day is exactly what I see. Maybe you ought to come out to Michigan! We are moving into that direction. We don't know how, and how soon. Anyway when we began to see the true God we expected that we would be given the word to go and begin this vision we'd both had. Well 2 years have passed almost. We're in the same place. But 2 months ago I was given the word its time to go. Sell everything, give to the poor and come follow me. So we have begun to sell all our stuff, our house, and our practice. We had, and still have no clue what God is calling us into. Although, I was just given the unction to remodel our office, which I'd been thinking of for a while, but really had no desire to spend the money we don't have, and the time I don't want to if I'm going to be leaving.

We have no clue still what exactly we are to do. But I know I'm to remodel this office, whether I'm going to stay here or go. 2 months ago I was sure I was going. And it took about that time for me to finally let go of having my practice I'd built, and for my wife to let go of our house that we love. And even the thought of having a house. We were ready to be wanderers if we had to. But sometimes He has us lay something down, only to have us pick it up again. When it is seen through His will, we can take up anything. When I became aware of the pagan origins of most of christianity (not true worship of God, but the traditions) I became the "anti-pagan" guy. To the point of really absurdity. Whats funny is now all that time I spent trying to "get those pagan christians", I've learned A LOT about it, and it has enriched my understanding of the kingdom. And I see now that there is truth in everything. But to the point of laying it down, we had decided on no Christmas celebration last year. I was staunch. Then about October I heard "Behold I make all things new". And that was actually a huge turning point for me in being given understanding of the Kingdom. There was a blocker in my view, that I couldn't get around. But once I let go of that my eyes were opened to a lot of things.

So here we are, still not knowing what is going to happen with our house or our practice, but we are moving toward community in some way. Part of the reason I remodeled was to be able to turn our office into more of a community center. I had laid it down, I did not want this office anymore, and I've sold my dreams and goals, and now we're going to give to the poor. Literally feed, literally heal. Spiritually feed, spiritually heal. My wife has laid down the house and now He may be leading us to buy another one, though likely on some acreage so we can have a little farm, and eventually more people.

Let me tell you I don't want to be here. but I heard "grow where you're planted" a bunch of times one day a couple weeks ago. And so I've put in 50 hrs in the past 4 days besides my regular job, building the walls, actually tearing them down. We went from a typical doctors office with rooms, walls of division. To an open scheme. A month or so ago I was talking to one of my patients about Christ headship. And another patient overheard and asked what I was talking about. I told her and she mentioned her brother had turned them on to Watchman Nee. And so the next week I shared Reconciliation with her. And now she is diving into it and some other deep things. That was with the doors open in the divided rooms. What will happen when the whole office can hear.

Community is where it is my brother. And I feel you where you are. We can go wherever, whenever.

107 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Wow, Jeremy, now THIS is exciting! What is most powerful to me is that you and your wife share this dream!

108 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 pm

I know Mark and his wife do, and quite a few others. I shared it with one of my other friends and she started crying, saying thats all she's been hearing lately. She is your "standard" christian too. This song is being sung.

Also I realize I forgot to finish my thought about laying it down, we weren't going to do Christmas, and then after the "I make all things new" we were able to do it. now I have no issue with doing it because I see past the veil. It has no power on me like it does on the rest of America, with the greed, craziness, depression etc. We just spend time with our families. We do some presents, though I had my mom buy some chickens for a family in Africa (though it still hasn't happened). On Christmas night we invited a bunch of patients that had no where to go to have a meal with us at our house. To me its just another night but to many its extremely special. So we meet them there. and share our life with them.

109 Re: According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 am

Ha! I can remember my anti-Christmas/Ishtar/Halloween/Valentine's Day rants! It's wonderful that you make this a time to reach into people's hearts.

We had been thinking that a currency revaluation might help us achieve such a dream. My wife has since turned quite the scoffer at this idea, and every other it seems...

110 Re: According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Wow Jeremy, that is amazing!!! Please continue to share with us what The Lord does tomorrow it is so encouraging to see faith in motion, I can't tell you what it means to me to see this.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

111 According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am

Hibbs

Jeremy mentioned that we share the same dream...i.e. living in community with people who love the Lord and each other. Returning to a simpler lifestyle without all of the seeking after things. My wife and I, too, have had a season of disappointment trusting in other things (the dinar for one) and I have come to realize that our nature is such that we won't accomplish the vision if we wait for the provision first. In other words, God provides for those that are taking steps toward the vision when they do not yet have the provision or capacity to accomplish that that they see. If you are not being called to something bigger than your capacity to accomplish, why would you need any faith?

I also have wanted to flee and find a "promised land" only to hear "grow where you are planted" as well. I have come to appreciate that there is a principle that is rarely considered...that is "the death of a vision". Everything that we receive from God goes through a death before it resurrects...and often more than once. Consider the pattern of Joseph and his dreams and his success at Potiphar's only to be framed for rape, and his interpretation of dreams ministry only to be tested beyond measure for two more years. And yet he grew where he was planted and became fruitful in that place. Seedtime is associated with dying and comes before harvest...not the other way around. We have become a society that does not know how to defer our gratification. Get it now and pay later...not God's economy.

Be all of the Jesus you can be to your family while you have the opportunity for if you do not, you will find yourself looking back with regret. If the divorce finalizes and you have no recourse, then you are free but until then, love never fails. It takes longer...seems to cost more but in the end we come out the winner because of the crown that is gained. We cannot control what others do or choose. We do know that the trust that we have placed in giftings, retirement accounts, investments, or any other thing short of God is misplaced. I have made many mistakes in this regard. If God chooses to do those things, let us be found busy with kingdom business and have the blessings overtake us rather than wait for the blessing to become a blessing.

While love usually gets rejected (or misinterpreted as with Potiphar's wife) it ultimately leads us into His glory for after all He is love...I commend you to it. I also encourage you to hold fast no matter how hard the storms may come and you will find shelter in the loving arms of the man making footprints in the sand. I know that some of the best times with the Lord were the times of greatest personal rejection, for in my pain I received His comfort. The word "beloved" is more than just a title. In being loved by Him, we receive a love that we can then share. It is this love that is agape. It is this love that is the point of the whole exercise. Loving our enemies and overcoming evil with good. We all need reminding.

112 Re: According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Hibbs wrote: If you are not being called to something bigger than your capacity to accomplish, why would you need any faith?

This hit home for me, what my dream became was; was to be a teacher of His word, but not in the capacity of men in that I am "telling" someone what the truth is. which is what I saw at first, that I would be the one standing on the pulpit, this is what I saw while I was in the religious system.

But being called out of that, the dimension of the dream changed; what I believe I was called to teach is, how "to study" His word and recognize that which He is doing in us through the studying.

It is not a matter of "teaching" the truth, it is a matter of teaching how to "seek" the truth, for the truth is revealed to the individual by the Father through His Son and Spirit.

113 Re: According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I had to add to what I said to begin with.

Men say "have to" God says "come to"

Men say "you have to come to the knowledge of the truth" turning it into law.
God says "come to the knowledge of the truth" turning it into His drawing of us in love.

When God draws us to "come to" the knowledge of the truth, it is then that the "have to" takes on a new meaning in that we now "want to", His desire becomes our desire to "want to come to" the knowledge of the truth, not "have to"

114 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

kpaulus

Thank you all for your encouraging words! I enjoy reading everyone's posts and feel like I know you all so well. I too, at times, go back and forth with what am I to do and where am I to go? But LOVE is always the answer; yesterday, today, and forever. It never fails for sure.
I am also gently reminded, when I'm in a place of uncertainty, of the scripture verse that says, whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Smile
God is so good, ALL the time!
Blessings of peace to you,
Karen

115 Re: According to the Pattern on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 am

klm4jc

Hey Karen, glad to see you are still on this site!!!

David,

I'm curious where you are at with your decision at the moment. I was off the grid for a bit and have finally been getting caught up in the threads. Sounds like you were in the refining fire of the Lord, still hanging out there? Sometimes I wonder if it will ever end......it's warm in here.

Peace,
Kevin

116 According to the Pattern on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

Hibbs

Seems like we all have needed some time away. The thread that Scherryl originated when she said: "Sorry guys..." referring to dirt bag Adam, has resulted in a bit of a paradigm shift that has realigned many other things in a harmony that I had not seen before. I'm still digesting and realize that very few have this understanding and it has made so much of what is taught look like the leaning tower of Pizza...Babel out of plumb. Depending upon the angle that you approach the tower, it looks straight up to some but from another angle it is obviously leaning.

I recommend Gen 1 & 2 thread for it does establish the "pattern" of creation "in the beginning." I have been looking at DNA and the nucleolus of the nucleus of a cell...the secret place or the innermost part of our being where all of the instructions of what we become are placed. Like our brain, there are many strands that seem dormant and not used. Since the seed of Christ is also light, there is something going on behind the veil...an enlightening if you will...or an awakening, that needs to sit quietly in the ark until it buds. Jeremy had some good insights into the coverings and how they relate to the combination of our spiritual and natural development.

I know that it all relates...just trying to get some clarity before putting pen to paper. It is after all a matter of seed time and harvest and sometimes we try to harvest unripe fruit.

117 Re: According to the Pattern on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hibbs wrote:Seems like we all have needed some time away. The thread that Scherryl originated when she said: "Sorry guys..." referring to dirt bag Adam, has resulted in a bit of a paradigm shift that has realigned many other things in a harmony that I had not seen before. I'm still digesting and realize that very few have this understanding and it has made so much of what is taught look like the leaning tower of Pizza...Babel out of plumb. Depending upon the angle that you approach the tower, it looks straight up to some but from another angle it is obviously leaning.

I recommend Gen 1 & 2 thread for it does establish the "pattern" of creation "in the beginning." I have been looking at DNA and the nucleolus of the nucleus of a cell...the secret place or the innermost part of our being where all of the instructions of what we become are placed. Like our brain, there are many strands that seem dormant and not used. Since the seed of Christ is also light, there is something going on behind the veil...an enlightening if you will...or an awakening, that needs to sit quietly in the ark until it buds. Jeremy had some good insights into the coverings and how they relate to the combination of our spiritual and natural development.

I know that it all relates...just trying to get some clarity before putting pen to paper. It is after all a matter of seed time and harvest and sometimes we try to harvest unripe fruit.

Wow, Mark,

This is amazing, you were typing this, when I was typing my reply to the new thread. And boy do they relate.

See, just goes to show ya, the mind of Christ is ONE.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

118 Re: According to the Pattern on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm

klm4jc wrote:...Sounds like you were in the refining fire of the Lord, still hanging out there? Sometimes I wonder if it will ever end......it's warm in here.

It is warm in here! That's what I like about this place. I hope this is the refining fire. It has brought about some major changes for me. I have been wondering when I'd have time to sit down and write but I am stealing some time away from my girls now just to check in. You see, I have taken to milking a couple of does twice a day as well as minding the chickens and the turkeys and the rest the goat herd. We also have rabbits, although I haven't taken quite as much interest in them. My day pretty much revolves around my milking goats. These are the goats that we've been drinking milk from for the past several months. Now the owner is doing other things and I'm minding his herds and flocks. I don't know how long the situation will last but this is where we are right now.

So here I am feeding the animals, moving them, harvesting their eggs and milk and caring for them. It's like a love affair really, for it to work properly, and it consumes nearly my every waking hour. Oh, and did I mention trees? This property has several nice trees that are in need of care so I've adopted that function as well. This seems to be work I am well suited for. The hours are long but the functions so organic as to resonate effectively. It's all about the transport of dying, decaying matter and using this to provide the nutrients for new life as it springs up. You get that in your blood and you've got something. I just don't think I'm cut out for anything else. I believe it it is a matter of ability and equipment rather than desire for me. I don't like being away from my family. That part is humiliating. It is a commitment to the animals undoubtedly. You have to milk the goats as early as possible in the morning and as late as possible in the evening you don't skip milking them or they will stop producing. Give them little treats to help them enjoy moving and producing, and always be gentle with them. I am learning a lot.

The proposal originally was to move to Venezuela and work on an organic farm. I don't know where I'm at with that now since I've got a commitment to this farm which is only about 20 miles from the house. I'd planned to sell my tools to raise funds for travel but am conflicted now as I can be handy with those tools. Already drawing up plans for a stainless steel milking station that strains the milk as you go. As it is, the straining takes as long as the milking. This lifestyle makes for a long day: every sunlight hour and then some. Try to plan something around that schedule! This is where the strength of community would come into play. It would be good to have multiple people trained in these tasks. And nice equipment. A milking stand that strains as you milk would go a long way towards that end.

On this note I've already adopted several other time saving innovations including not shaving. I've also taken to wearing a hat.

I figure we're going to need the milking stand regardless so I want to process with making that. This nutritious milk has become a very important part of our lives. And good eggs.

It is an interesting arrangement here. I live with two men: John is 70 and he owns the property. Brian is younger than I am and he owns the goats and other animals. John helps with the rabbits and the watering. I am giving Brian a break by taking on the other animals. He is spending more time with his own children now. John and Brian are both believers and seekers and both hungry for the word, though a good deal indulgent in unprofitable thoughts at times. Aren't we all? It has been a good exercise for me not to get engaged in rants. I find I can walk away from any given exchange without being rude but walk away never the less. I'd like to use these skills at home on our own family farm.
It is hard being away. I am in a foreign land.I want to be building all of these things for my own family. Here is what my hand is found to do. And I can do this and pull out the non-judgement thing pretty well. Sometimes it hurts. I also find that a medical marijuana card would be a handy thing out here legalisticly speaking.

119 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am

If I were to boil down my prayers right now they would distill to these:

That in us, all of the nations of the earth shall be blessed, and that my family has a home where we can grow food, tend animals and worship God.

120 Re: According to the Pattern on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Hibbs

David;
Sounds like the Lord's provision and season. I don't think you should sell your tools either. One of the four faces of God is the ox and it is still necessary to serve. I know that the end of the day must be tiring but it is a good tired. What you are building is in the kingdom and one of these days we will realize that it all belongs to the Lord anyway. It is funny how we still think in terms of ownership but more and more God is bringing a people into the measure of His love where we can have all things in common. That can only happen as we put others first but if we all are putting others first, how glorious and heavenly will the result appear?

I believe that you are a lot closer to the "perfect will" than you realize at present. I am sure that Joseph couldn't understand the purpose of the prison or Potiphar's house either...for "until the time that His word came, the word tried"...and we follow that same process. We enter the kingdom through much tribulation.

Have you added beekeeping yet? The land flows with milk...the honey can't be far off.

121 Re: According to the Pattern on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Absolutely, Mark. And it just so happens that my oldest son is fairly well-versed in apiculture. Jonathan is eager to take on beekeeping duties at the ranch. He has decided not to go into the army at this time. He doesn't know what he's going to do but he does know that's what he's not going to do. I believe that's an answer to prayer. We just need a situation here that can carry our family. And friends. And neighbors. And extended family. And angels unawares?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum