APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

According to the Pattern

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 am

Hibbs

It has come to my attention that we sometimes want to go to college and haven't finished high school. I have assumed that this forum was akin to David's mighty men...a bunch of no name misfits that have endured rejection, suffered persecution, lost their reputations, wandered through darkness and the shadow of death and learned to trust God in the process. That they are not dismayed when plans go awry, people hate them without cause, and they just don't fit in church circles anymore. I don't want to spend a lot of time if this area has been explored and has been established in the heart but I also fear that some are trying to look into the third day, and the seventh day, the 42nd generation, the 153 fish, the sonship company and the manchild, and have not gone through the wilderness of pentecost or the captivity of Babylon (confusion).

That having been said, I am introducing this thread for those that have some cracks that need fixing in the foundation upon which they are trying to build. Paul said that: "I have laid the foundation which no man can lay...Jesus Christ and Him crucified." We know also that: "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build." Not knowing the traditions from which each reader comes, I suspect that there are differences and some may be substantial. Nevertheless, I do not believe that we can proceed into tabernacles without proceeding through pentecost first.

When God told Moses to: "Be sure to build all things according to the pattern that I showed you on the mount," there was a blueprint given that can be overlaid over the entire Bible that helps to give understanding and perspective to everything else. In the NT that would be akin to the parable of the seeds and the sower. Life is a "progressive revelation (unveiling) of Jesus Christ". All of the disjointed parts can only begin to make sense if we understand the process.

The tabernacle held three levels (four if you consider outside the court) and they correspond to the three feast days, the three main harvests, the three main parts of the temple, and the three parts of our nature....body, soul and spirit. Passover is reflected in the outer court and relates to the salvation experience of being "born again. Pentecost is reflected in the middle room of the holy place and the activities of prayer, communion and filling the lamp with oil. Tabernacles is reflected in the Holy of Holies behind the veil where the Shekinah Glory dwells and the only task of the priest is to place the blood of the perfect lamb upon the mercy seat.

You cannot progress into the Holy of Holies without going through the first two feasts and the first two courts. You cannot understand tabernacles (observe most of the church activities) until you come from Egypt, through the red sea, into the wilderness, across the Jordan, experience the cutting of Gilgal and pass by Jericho. The promised land is a mystery to all who are indoctrinated with the traditions of men and have not encountered a Holy God along the way, dying to themselves in the process.

God cannot be experienced in the mind of man...God is a spirit and His Word (Jesus is the Word made flesh) cannot make sense apart from the explanation and understanding of the Holy Spirit. It is the measure of the degree that the Holy Spirit fills a vessel that determines the amount of understanding that they are granted. It is to the measure that the vessel has been emptied and presented that it can be filled. The leaven of tradition will keep the glass contaminated so that its contents never become clear and overflowing. God said that He would drive out their enemies little by little in order that they might possess the land. Each experience along the way is designed to bring us to life. Unless we can keep the proper perspective through the spirit, however, those things that should have worked for good do not produce the right result.
We perish for a lack of knowledge....not head knowledge but the knowledge of our loving Father and His purpose in our lives.

I can't take any more time right now and I am not even sure that this forum is the place for this discussion. I know that there is at least one that needs this understanding and also that there are always things to be gleaned if this is a review.

2 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 am

todosan

Whoaaa!! That is direct.. LOL

This is totally something that needs discussed. I am not free right now to write much, but this is critical. My wife and I have been discussing this for many years. My view is very close to yours, because I find each step critical in the development process. It gets muddied by all the doings in life, but when you strip away all of our activities, we find that our maturity is based solely upon how far we have progresed throught the tabernacle. When I first learned this, I was furious. I thought myself to be much more advanced than I was...

If we can discuss how to identify the cracks, I think this would be a huge discussion.

3 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
It is absolutely the place for this.
Mark, .....God said He would answer before we even ask, He has done so with this post. God knows, this is exactly what has been on my heart for those around me in my immediate vicinity here, not to mention, in other places. He never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you so much for opening this up, it is most definitely confirmation to me and what I've been hearing in the ear.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Long2JC

I agree this would be a great and critical topic. Being stuck with our natures in this realm will always create cracks from trying to understand things we were not meant to understand yet and thereby create our own truth even without realizing it.
Excellent statement "God cannot be experienced in the mind of man...God is a spirit and His Word (Jesus is the Word made flesh) cannot make sense apart from the explanation and understanding of the Holy Spirit." and yet through this same process the Holy Spirit renews our yielded mind.

As we explore and walk out this discussion I think we really need to be sensitive that we are not trying to remove a speck from someone else's eye without permission to reveal what we are seeing.

5 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 pm

cross-eyed

I'm game!
I have two things to throw out into the mix as well.
One is, for me, I believe the "church" (traditional) has experienced the altar of sacrifice, (salvation) and the laver (baptism) which are in the outer court (1st dimensional understanding) And some have moved into the inner court where ministries are the emphasis. By that I mean it was the priests responsibility to keep the wicks trimmed, the oil full, the oil "made" the bread baked, the wine poured, the incense gathered, ground and filled . . . in modern-day terms, it's been all about "ministry" in the churches. Teaching about the gifts of the spirit, fruit of the spirit, explaining what's to be expected of a believer and how they should talk, walk, act and live. But when it comes to that last veil, it's believed God's presence is behind it, but noone really knows what it's like to pass through it.

Yes, the veil was rent from top to bottom . . .but I believe that most churches have done the same that the religious leaders did way back when the veil was first torn open .. . they went on with business as usual. They continued on with their sacrifices, they continued on with their law enforcement, it's like they pretended nothing changed. Paul was preaching about being free from the law while they were trying to continue on enforcing it . . .and trying to kill him at the same time.

Well, here we are 2000 years removed and we may not be seing a physical temple with priests carrying out their daily sacrifices of animals, but spiritually speaking, it "is" continuing just as it "physically" did back then.

I agree there's an order . . .this revelation will never manifest unless there's a relationship . . .the altar of sacrifice did that. The baptism at the laver is not the "act" of having someone dip you in a river, that's just symbolization that there's been an "inward" transformation that has already occured. The laver was a place of cleansing, washing the blood from the priests IN PREPARATION for entrance into the temple.

The truth is, the dimensions have expanded once you're in the temple. The temple here is not one made by human hands . . .it's the temple Jesus resurrected on the 3rd day. The holy of holies has opened up into the ministariel arena, not so that ministry continues to get top billing, but so that the LABOR of ministry is now transformed into a FUNCTIONING BODY. We no longer work in our ministry, we merely function within the house that God built.

How am I doing so far?

6 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Long2JC

I'm with you Nathan. cheers

The high priest had to change clothes before entering the Holy of Holies. In other words, in one dimensional aspect, he had to remove his laboring mind and be in a place of rest (total submission to the things of God and not his own).

7 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Long2JC

Hibbs, Do you have a flow or steps in mind that would direct our focus into certain areas of the pattern so we aren't having multiple thoughts being processed at the same time. It's exciting when the light bulbs go off in us but they will take us into differents areas of thought for each of us and this can create confusion for some and this is too important to have anyone check out because they are trying to process everything being shared. We can always start new threads for the important revelations that come up. Just a thought.

8 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Hibbs

Thought I'd try again as well..

9 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hibbs wrote:Thought I'd try again as well..

Seems to be ok now. Can you see it?

10 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Hibbs

yup, but I just sent another post...it looked ok but disappeared as well??

11 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hibbs wrote:yup, but I just sent another post...it looked ok but disappeared as well??

I have no idea, are you typing in, or is it an attachment?
I've checked everything out on this end and there should be nothing preventing you, and I see what your typing in the text, so I'm baffled.

12 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:15 pm

todosan

Mark, I type into Word and then copy/paste the post all at once.. The forum will not always accept it if you take a long time to type in the message box...This way I never loose it.

13 Re: According to the Pattern on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Hibbs

I sent three posts but they must have been too long...disappeared in the process. Full day tommorrow.

Recommend visiting unlimitedglory.org for good study that is not too long. Will try to do better soon.

14 Re: According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am

cross-eyed

I'm curious as to what's going on with that. I've posted the chapters of my book and the Revelation tapes which are a bit lenghty as well, but they posted with no issues at all.

15 Re: According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:28 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yes, but did you post them in the "quick reply" box?
Or did you hit "Post reply". I think Todd has the answer, the quick reply is just what it says, and we have no control over that in this type of Template, it is a very simple script, so that's probably it.

You have more time allotted in the Post Reply window.
Unless you as Todd said, copy all at once and then paste all at once.

Blessings

16 Re: According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am

LindaY

I'm not sure what you are trying to post from but, you may want to check your personal preferences. Allow html, etc. to be checked yes. I have had some of the same problems at times posting something and it didn't display. Could be a glitch in the system, I'm not sure but, if Scherryl is not able to find it, I will see if there is anything I can find tonight, as I will be gone most of the day today. Hopefully, we can get it solved. You may want to send it to Nathan via email and see if he can post it from his end or in another document type format, since he has had no issues with his posting.

17 Re: According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 am

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:Yes, but did you post them in the "quick reply" box?
Or did you hit "Post reply". I think Todd has the answer, the quick reply is just what it says, and we have no control over that in this type of Template, it is a very simple script, so that's probably it.

You have more time allotted in the Post Reply window.
Unless you as Todd said, copy all at once and then paste all at once.

Blessings

I agree Scherryl. I had a long post that I tried to send through Quick Reply and it didn't work. When I used the regular reply to the post, it went through. So, that could be the issue here.

18 According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Hibbs

I have been simply typing into quick reply and have lost several posts. Am changing mechanics. Thank you all for your patience. Also, I hope that I do not sound condescending in my writing for that is the last thing that I would desire. I am here not only to share but to learn and grow and try only to provide things that I think have been established through the work of the Holy Spirit. I have great respect for what I have read and only know Todd personally. I am also a Vietnam vet and that may explain some of my quirks...if that is not enough there is Paul's admonition: "Woe to you lawyers..." I am semi-retired and am used to counseling many in crisis so be patient with me. I am also the oldest of eight and have been accused of being a little overbearing. If you see that at all, do not hesitate to call me on it. I like to thing that I have gained enough wisdom to love an honest rebuke given in love.

19 According to the pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Hibbs

Trying to recapture some of the thoughts that came so easily...it is important not to progress too quickly (or to get too mired in the details) and miss important aspects of each room. The greatest gift of the Tabernacle is the "pattern". It can be used as an overlay and gives perspective on the entire Bible that is otherwise missing. The three rooms of the tabernacle echo threes at all kinds of levels and the more that you look, the more that you see.

Beginning with the outer court, it is not just a place of sacrifice and baptism, it is a place of Judgment and deliverance. We were told to celebrate the three feasts of Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles and those three feasts correspond to the rooms. My understanding of the Bible is that it is a progressive revelation (meaning unveiling) of Jesus Christ. As we progress through the types and shadows, the antitype (or the real to which the shadow pointed) becomes more and more visible.

I know that I wrote about how it was that I started this thread in the posts that disappeared. I did not come to the subject as a direct challenge. I had been writing off forum and realized that there were some gaps that needed filling and the many replies have confirmed that this is an appropriate subject. I did not see the post about math and high school until after I had started the thread...I really feel that some of the mechanics have gotten off track and hope that we can delete some of the posts that have no value at this point.

In any event, all of the details, from dimensions, to materials, to the location of the tribes, to the pieces and their meanings all tell us a story of the progression into God. At passover (the outer court) the priest would wave a sheaf of the firstfruit (barley). The outer court contained the altar upon which sacrifices were slain and burnt. It was a place of blood and the smell of burning flesh. The laver was made up of the looking glasses of the women and the water was blood red. It speaks of being buried with Him in baptism. It is a place of introspection and death. The materials are brass which speaks of judgment. It is a place dealing with the body and the outer part of Adam. It corresponds with the realization that we are dead in our trespass and sin until delivered through the sacrifice of the lamb. It is the beginning place in our journey and a place where many stop and camp until they die. Tradition tells us that we cannot go any further in this world and that "over yonder" is the other side of death and the grave not realizing that there is a death that does not destroy.

Each step of the way brings us to a greater understanding of the "process" of "learning obedience by the things that we suffer". We were not told at the inception of the cost of building this building and we darn sure didn't understand the problems that would be encountered along the way. If we had, me might never have started the journey. Having begun, however, it is important to recognize the landmarks and realize that He who began a good work will carry it to completion.

20 Re: According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 pm

cross-eyed

Hibbs wrote:I have been simply typing into quick reply and have lost several posts. Am changing mechanics. Thank you all for your patience. Also, I hope that I do not sound condescending in my writing for that is the last thing that I would desire. I am here not only to share but to learn and grow and try only to provide things that I think have been established through the work of the Holy Spirit. I have great respect for what I have read and only know Todd personally. I am also a Vietnam vet and that may explain some of my quirks...if that is not enough there is Paul's admonition: "Woe to you lawyers..." I am semi-retired and am used to counseling many in crisis so be patient with me. I am also the oldest of eight and have been accused of being a little overbearing. If you see that at all, do not hesitate to call me on it. I like to thing that I have gained enough wisdom to love an honest rebuke given in love.

I'm glad you shared that with us. As great as sharing these revelational truths with each other is and as much benefit many can gain, it can all come to naught if one, it's forced, and two it's abraisive in it's deliveries.

In pertaining to this particular thread, there's a verse that keeps resonating in my heart that won't go away. It's where Jesus is restoring his relationship with Peter after Peter had denied him three times. "Lovest thou me?" And Peter's immediate response was "Why of course! I love you with all I've got!" Jesus asked that three times, Peter responded the same each time. And Jesus' response to Peter was Feed my lambs, feed my sheep, feed my sheep.

This forum may have both sheep and lambs, it may have all sheep, it may have all lambs. It's not for me to judge who's a lamb and who's a sheep. I do know that what the Father does reveal to me is first to be applied to "me" and "shared" with others. It digests within me and as a result, others partake of the fruit that is in me as a result from the Word digesting. But should I start applying God's Word in me to others, I become the very law enforcer I was just freed from.

But the one thing I do try to keep on the foreground of my posts and thoughts is, in the process of sharing, may it be for the maturing of the sheep, but delecate enough not to choke/offend the lambs. That's why I love the name of this forum, a place 2 rest. With every post, with every comment and response, that is the priority behind everything that I share and hopefully everyone else does the same.

I have to share this . . . when I looked up the passage about Peter, I wanted to be sure of the order. I "thought" it was "feed my sheep, feed my lambs and feed my sheep . . ." So I thought I'd better check and see . . .good thing I did. I would have been wrong. But the one part that jumped out at me was a verse leading in to this event. It states that when Jesus appeared to them on this particular time, it was the THIRD time they'd seen him since his resurrection from the dead. For me . . .that's like a road sign letting you know you're about to go "off-road". I love those signs!!!

That reminds me of a song we wrote a while back ... I'll have to post it over on the worship thread . . .

21 According to the Pattern on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Hibbs

Peter was in the process of restoration for there was another time when he responded three times, cursing in the process. He was so certain that while the others may deny Him that Peter would remain faithful only to be told that before the cock crows he would deny Jesus three times.

Body, Soul and Spirit...a complete denial. Do you love me Peter??? Three affirmations, again Body, Soul and Spirit. Feed my lambs, feed my sheep, feed my sheep...three levels again.

The amazing part of the tabernacle is the middle room. Containing a candlestick with six side candles and a center stem...all beaten of one piece of gold; a golden altar of incense and the table of shewbread. As wonderful as this room is with all of the spiritual gifts, prayer, communion and the Holy Spirit along with the 66 (books of the Bible?)(knop, flower and buds on the stems); it is still a part realm. The priest changes the shewbread that spoils, provides incense for the altar and oil for the lamp. But just as the wilderness speaks of the middle room between Egypt and the promised land, it is a land full of religious activity and never finishing the course.

Peter through his failures came to a day of fishing again and never turned away (that we know) from the second visitation. The 153 fish speaks of the sons of God and the third day. After the failure comes the manifestation. After visitation, we look for habitation and a presence that abides.

22 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:58 am

Hibbs

An inverse look at the "pattern" is the story of Gideon. Beginning as the least in his father's tribe and that tribe the least in Israel (a good place to begin) the voice from heaven says: "Gideon, mighty man of valor." Hiding in the winepress (which speaks of the harvest at tabernacles) threshing wheat (indicating pentecost for the wheat harvest corresponded to pentecost, the second feast). Gideon is an interesting character. He is told to gather the nation to battle against the invaders that steal the harvest each year. He starts with a large outer court army of 32,000 and is told to send away all that are in fear (all those who all their lives are held in bondage through the fear of death) and He now has an army of 10,000 pentecostals. He cannot be given the victory with them because they would think they did it and "begin to vaunt themselves against God" (what a subtle force pride is) so Gideon is given a brook to take his dwindling army and test and find those who watch and pray (in type and shadow) and he ends up with an army of 300. We then see the dream of the enemy indicating that this is a barley loaf. All of these things point to the manchild company (presently counterfeited by the "Committee of 300" elite that think they rule) that is in the process of being winnowed down to size through the work of the cross and decrease.

23 Re: According to the Pattern on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 am

LindaY

Hibbs wrote:An inverse look at the "pattern" is the story of Gideon. Beginning as the least in his father's tribe and that tribe the least in Israel (a good place to begin) the voice from heaven says: "Gideon, mighty man of valor." Hiding in the winepress (which speaks of the harvest at tabernacles) threshing wheat (indicating pentecost for the wheat harvest corresponded to pentecost, the second feast). Gideon is an interesting character. He is told to gather the nation to battle against the invaders that steal the harvest each year. He starts with a large outer court army of 32,000 and is told to send away all that are in fear (all those who all their lives are held in bondage through the fear of death) and He now has an army of 10,000 pentecostals. He cannot be given the victory with them because they would think they did it and "begin to vaunt themselves against God" (what a subtle force pride is) so Gideon is given a brook to take his dwindling army and test and find those who watch and pray (in type and shadow) and he ends up with an army of 300. We then see the dream of the enemy indicating that this is a barley loaf. All of these things point to the manchild company (presently counterfeited by the "Committee of 300" elite that think they rule) that is in the process of being winnowed down to size through the work of the cross and decrease.

God bless you Mark! (Hibbs) I see this!!! I have longed to be in this place for many years but, never realized that I had to be taken into places first and foremost before He could bring me here.

When you said this at the beginning of your thread, I read it wrong. It's amazing how leaving out just ONE word in a sentence can cause such misunderstandings and I apologize to you:

I have assumed that this forum was akin to David's mighty men...a bunch of no name misfits that have endured rejection, suffered persecution, lost their reputations, wandered through darkness and the shadow of death and learned to trust God in the process. That they are not dismayed when plans go awry, people hate them without cause, and they just don't fit in church circles anymore.

You did not assume wrong, as far as where I am coming from. Bless you and I am so thankful to be here! God knows I needed it and to be in this place! Everything I see now is all making sense about why things have happened in the way they did through life. Bless You!

Yesterday when I was reading about Nathan's post on the tree he took a picture of, I remember thinking as I read it, that he had to make both trips to get those 2 pictures. Had he only taken one and stopped there, he couldn't have gotten the other one. We don't know what's sweet until we've had the bitter. We don't know love unless we've experienced the hate. We don't know acceptance unless we've experienced the rejection. It's all for His purpose.

24 According to the Pattern on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:04 am

Hibbs

Since this topic intertwines and ovelays so many of the others, I thought that I would revisit Nathan's comments about John, Peter and the Church needing to be born again again. When you look at the outer court, blood is everywhere, not so in the middle room. In the realm of pentecost, death and sacrifice are not the same focus as at passover. Saul was a type of pentecostal. he was out looking for his father's asses at the time of wheat harvest (pentecost) and was annointed king because he stood head and shoulders above the rest and was gifted. When he was first ordained, he went up to the mountain and prophesied among the prophets, he won victories and enjoyed the favor of God but cowered in the face of Goliath. He then tried to kill David knowing that he had become disqualified and that David was the one on which the glory now rested. He could not make way for David until death took him.

If we look at the rooms of the tabernacle as body, soul (type of pentecost) and spirit. and place those pieces in the appropriate place, we begin to realize that blood is again present in the most holy place as the high priest needed to bring blood with him on the day of atonement....a type of our High Priest taking His own blood behind the veil. Another death, however, was required. From the wilderness to the promised land the people had to cross the Jordan...and that at flood stage. It was a second death to face Jericho and visit Gilgal. The high priest could not go in in his own identity. He had to go through a purification process and tradition tells us that if he wasn't completely clean, that he would be dragged out dead from the glory of the presence of a holy God. Only the shedding of blood could convert the judgment seat into a mercy seat.

John ascended into the spirit from the island of Patmos. Lynn Hiles has studied that name (I confess that I have not) and states that it means "the place of my killing." While the vision took John through many things, his perspective was different from Daniel (judge) and opens truth to us as we compare spiritual things with spiritual. Natural witnesses can confirm what we hear but ultimately revelation can only be understood through the spirit...it is not a natural book.

Each step of the process takes us further into that new day. As we lose more and more of our soulish, carnal life; we discover that we have been given His in exchange.

Last edited by Hibbs on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

25 According to the Pattern on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Hibbs

Measure not the outer court. Looking at the outer court and comparing it to Egypt, we find that God did not give the law until the people left Egypt and were in the wilderness. Now they have a measure to apply. Moses as the lawgiver was a type of the law. The wilderness was a type of the middle room and the promised land is a type of tabernacles or holy of holies.

Keep in mind that patterns, or models, or types, are never exactly the same as the finished product. Recall Peter realizing that: "This is that prophesied by Joel." The type and shadow did not do a very good job of describing the manifested reality. Without the Holy Spirit Peter would not have understood what he did.

Moses came to Egypt with a type and shadow of the law...the ten plagues. At Sinai, he was given the tablets of stone with the ten commandments...the law made plain. When the people sinned against God, Moses struck the rock...a type of striking the lamb of God and when they sinned again, he struck the rock twice...a type of crucifying Jesus a second time. Since Moses was a type of the law, he could not enter the promised land....and yet he was there with Elijah on the mount of transfiguration. The law and the prophets were not buried in a grave even after death. Moses was taken (see Jude and the books of Enoch/Jasher) and Elijah ascended in a chariot of fire... A type of the two witnesses as well, dead in the street of religion and yet still alive.

But, I digress...when Jesus delivered the sermon on the mount, he took the law and made it exceedingly sinful. The law that was written on tablets of stone is now engraved in hearts that once were stony but now are being changed. I mentioned that the parable of the seeds and the sower was a parallel. I once thought that there were wayside hearers (stone deaf), stony ground hearers (shallow soil that had not root) and finally good ground hearers...some 30 etc. Somewhere while I was actually teaching a Bible study, the Spirit showed it to me differently. I saw that as a young catholic boy in parochial school that a missionary nun came with the slide presentation of the mission field and I made a commitment to serve the Lord. I heard but the soil of my heart had not yet been plowed and the seed simply fell by the way. Later, there was another time where I thought that I would serve the Lord but was not rooted or grounded and did not last long. ...You get the picture. We progress through life and as long as the weeds of offense, pride, unforgiveness, guilt, anger, jealousy and all of the other works of the flesh are not permitted to rule; we gradually become fruitful.

Our husbandman (gardener) tends to his garden and we receive chastening and learn obedience by the things that we suffer. As we go from living by our sense realm to living out of the soul realm (mind, will and emotions) we become more and more attuned to the righteousness of God and our sin (not what we do so much as the fact that we fall short of the mark). We experience constant reminders of death and the grave. In the process, we are coming to the realization that real life is only in Him who is life itself..."I am the way, the truth and the life."

Even in that statement we see the tabernacle. Way (outer court), truth (middle room), and life (spirit and most holy place). Hope (outer court), Faith (middle room) and Love (most holy). Faith gets tested and measured until it grows into the faith of God and not what we think...although that is involved in the process.

The issues of life proceed out of the heart. James says that sin originates out of the evil heart (Mr Hyde?). Dr. Jekyll was a man of good intentions but the result of his experiments was only evil. The ying and the yang can never fully harmonize. Light and dark cannot fellowship. As the circumstances of life deal with each part of our tabernacle..."know ye not that ye are the temple of God?"; we give up our darkness, and the stoniness of our heart, and the hardness of our heart that cannot hear, and move from a self centered dimension into the dimension of His love.

I hope that my wanderings are not confusing. In each dimension there are two choices: life and death, blessing and cursing, light and dark, love and hate, law and grace, judgment and mercy etc. There are three main dimensions...four if you count outside the camp and look at the four dimensions of God, His four faces, etc. All of these are aspects of the plan and purpose of God in our lives.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum