APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

desire, power and control

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 desire, power and control on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:21 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Just wanted to share what I was shown this morning with you guys.

Sunday while I was home, Artic, Katie and I had a wonderful morning discussing His word, and one of the things that was said was, But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes. (1 John 2:11).

I find it no coincidence that this morning, as I was driving, He showed me something that followed this verse, which we know in: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. When we view these in the light of the three examples: children, young men and fathers, what was shown to me was the words that each phrase defined in relation to the maturity in the three examples.

The three words are: power, desire and control; for the lust of the flesh is power, the lust of the eyes is desire and the pride of life is control. (that which is pleasing to the eye becomes desire). But, understanding that in the stages of maturity, it is desire, power and then control. A child has no power or control but can have a desire for it, the young man has a little power and control and can desire more, a father has the most power and control and if what he has over his family is not enough, he finds more than he needs in the world, which can be satisfied through his job.  And if he “desires the power of control”, the sinful nature of men will use any means possible to obtain that control. This is known through the words that people speak, especially when they use fear to get that power and control over another. But also being able to use the desire someone else has in order to achieve a goal in them.

If words do not have an effect on them, then action takes over and we end up maybe doing something that we are not to, and the simplest action I speak of here is getting angry because they are not listening. So in that anger we either try to pound it into their heads or we try to find a different route, usually different words but same approach with what is going on. The reason we keep trying to tell someone over and over again is because we ourselves have been where they are, but we find they still won’t apply what we have to say. And the question we have to ask ourselves, is there anything that we go through …. that was not first gone through by Christ?

The thing is, when it comes to understanding what we are trying to say to them (for their benefit) and all our efforts fail, we need to stop getting angry and do just the opposite, love them and show them that we love them, for in doing so the Father is manifested through His Son in us, resulting in our body of flesh becoming flesh that is able to love another, not condemn them. We love them and rest in the faith that the Father will take care of it.

Our desire for the power of words can only be accomplished in another if they are willing to listen and then apply it to their own lives, if they do not, they remain where they are and become stagnant water that can become undrinkable.

The Father kills the spirit of the world in us by increasing the spirit of love around us, should we not do the same?

Jugghead

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum