APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Pattern

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Another Pattern on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share with you what I've come to see in The Temptations of Christ in The Wilderness....

A careful examination of the two instances in Mat. and in Luke will reveal there were not "just three temptations,.... but six" which to me is very significant when compared to "The Pattern" of the six days in Gen. 1.....

Not only is it to be noted that the differences will reveal who He is, but who we are as well....and how He has forever perfected those whom He sanctified....Heb. 10:14

As John the baptist was forerunner for Jesus, Jesus is forerunner for the rest of His body....And I hope to show this as I go on...

If we can see that in Luke the temptations was directly at The Person of Jesus, The Son of Man ... His Identity, His Work, and His Glory through His Crucifixion as The Christ/Messiah.....and Mat..depicts the temptations at Him as a Corporate body/us.....Our Identity, our purpose, and Glory IN HIM...........then I think it will help us all to come into a deeper understanding of "How" we can enter in to His Rest......and His Righteousness......

Things to notice when comparing Luke and Mat......

First and so important...."If thou be" is a direct Temp. on His Identity.....To know who He  was....and Is...

It is further connected to This Man Jesus when you see.....

The first Temp.....Was directly associated with this phrase "This Stone" into Bread...In Mat. it's "Stones" plural...
Here in Luke it is Bread....but in Mat. it's Loaves...again (plural)

(Singular in Luke)....(Corporate in Mat.)

Luk 20:17  And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?  (Singular/Head)

1Pe 2:4  To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 

1Pe 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (corporately/body)

Because He Knew who He was......is how we can know who we are today in Him....because He overcame....cheers

He is The Stone and The Bread.....Identity....

In Luke this second Temp. was directed at knowing His Purpose/Work...

Again no deal....for He KNEW, that all these kingdoms of the World Truly belong to Him and His Father......The Devils Power over them was ONLY Temporal.....For He did not deny the fact that the Devil did rule at present.....but not for long.....and the Glory of them would be changed.......For He saw him fall like lightening from heaven remember?
Luke 10:18 

Rev 11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 

1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 

Joh 18:37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 

Did He know?....You bet ya He did! And aren't we glad He did?

Joh 9:39  And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. 

And this right here, His answer and His ability to overcome this Temp.
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 
Is why you and I today find no pleasure in the Glory that this world has to offer.....but ONLY The Glory that comes from God....because of Him....Thank you Lord!!!cheers

This third Temp. was concerning His putting to Death, Death itself....
Beholding The Glory that was set before Him, enduring The shame of The Cross.......nailing the old man to His Cross....

For to be Carnally minded is Death....The last enemy to be destroyed is Death/Carnal mind..........And there shall be No more Death.......

Again this is a Temp. to interfere with The Plan of God for Him.....if He cast Himself down, (out of time).... instead of Laying His Life down, (according to The Will of The Father,) can you imagine what that would mean?....  For how many times did He say...it is not yet my time.....Thank God He knew....cheers Just the implications of this one alone is HUGE....think about it...

I believe that this Temp. is also a direct reference to "The abomination that maketh Desolate"  that sits in our Temple...

Notes from the Companion Bible margin....

a pinnacle = the wing. Greek. to pterugion, used of that part of the Temple (or Holy Place) where "the abomination of desolation" is to stand, compare Luk_4:9 and Mat_24:15. 

2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 

Is it any wonder Satan Tempted Him here in this third Temp.?

But Jesus's Answer says it all right here......
 Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 
Remember He is a Jealous God and rightfully so.....

Something else to notice before going on to compare with Mat's. Temp. is here at the end of these first three Directed at Him and His person.......Notice it says ....

Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. 

Only for a season....

I think it now continues on into Mat.....for the next Three, and all of those are directly related to a Corporate body.....Through Him....
For when the devil leaves Him there......he Truly Left.....and not for just a season.....cheerscheers But for good....

And then and ONLY then did the Angels come and minister to Him.....
Not so here in Luke.....I believe these Temp. continued throughout the 40 days and 40 nights.....

There  is so much more to all of this.....May The Lord reveal even more to all of us.....as we continue to dig into The Finished Work of our Saviour.....For "If WE CAN SEE HIM" we can REST in His Works.....and not our own.....

So to sum it all up the three in Luke depicts The Temps. are at His...
1. Identity
2. His Pupose
3. His Glory

In Mat. The Temps. are at and for our...
1. Identity
2. Our Purpose
3. Our Glory

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:41 am

srichard

Lovely pattern Artic, also note when Michael stands up[who is like God?"] the King who exalts

himself preceeding Dan 11;36...this .

3 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Just a couple of other things I've noticed ....

These Temptations happened "ONLY" after He was Anointed, and declared by The Father to be His Son....

And something else too.....

In Luke 4:5 "The Kingdoms of The World"

Here the word "World" is....Oikoumene...Which means
Feminine participle present passive of G3611 (as noun, by implication of G1093); land, that is, the (terrene part of the) globe; specifically the Roman empire: - earth, world.

In Mat. 4:8 it is Kosmos...

kos'-mos
Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.

Also in Luke 4:5 it is a "High Mountain" in Mat. it's an "Extremely High Mountain"

If what I'm seeing is correct as far as Jesus enduring the Temptations against Him first as an Individual....and then as The Corporate Body/Many Membered.... Then this would fall right into to place also.....

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

In Luke 4:9 he brings Him to "Jerusalem"
In Mat. 4:5 he taketh Him "up" into "The Holy City"

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
srichard wrote:Lovely pattern Artic, also note when Michael stands up[who is like God?"] the King who exalts

himself preceeding  Dan 11;36...this .

Yes, that crossed my mind too....Smile

5 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:02 am

srichard

Jesus,being in nature God,whilst finding himself in the form of man,submitted Himself.......

to death on a crosss[lay life down in order to take it back up again] TIME

and.....for you have not yet resisted sin to the shedding of your blood.

also Jesus speaking of His return unto the Father..spoke to His disciples..that where I am

going,you can not come now[time] but you will later. Many things they could not bear[cross] yet

...thus the fleeing and denying......

6 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 am

Holly1

I finally had time to read that and I am so glad I did. I ate it up like a starving dog lol thanks so much for sharing that ARTIC! Gleaned a lot from it!

Sheila about the time thing, interesting...

7 Re: Another Pattern on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:16 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Sheila,
Many things they could not bear[cross] yet

...thus the fleeing and denying......

Very true....And this being because of The indwelling Spirit of God had not yet been given......

Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by (EN) the Spirit into the wilderness,.....

8 Re: Another Pattern on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Patrick1

Very interesting. I have realized long ago that we were summed up in His circumcision , and in his death burial and resurrection, And we were there spiritually for every event he did from birth even till now in heaven. But to see that there is a place in scripture so clearly where in one account he is singular and in another where plural can be seen to describe the same event is highly blessed and as Jesus said to Peter when asked who do men say that I am? "Man has not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven".

Thanks for the post simply marvelous.

9 Re: Another Pattern on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am

cross-eyed

Patrick . . . the verse you quoted struck a chord in me as well. "Man has not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven".

It is upon this passage that I embrace the thinking that revelation can not be taught or learned . . . the word itself literally means to unveil. Using my LIMITED understanding, logic and reason would only distort the truth . . .and that's the "best" case scenario. Revelation doesn't come from one man teaching or another studying about the subject, it comes only from personal relationship of the individual. This is why there are so many different "versions" of the same thing. Part of it is because we're all at different places/levels of relationship with the Father and as such, we all see him differently. But the other reason for so many different points of views is due to men mixing spiritual truth with their natural reasoning.

The difference between those two options is the end result. If we see differently based on our relationship, those differences actually enhance our understanding rather than divide us. But if we see differently based on our mixing reason with spiritual truth, it will only result in sparring, debating, defending, controlling, conforming . . .

It's one thing to sing the same words but not the exact same melody, but it's a whole other matter to sing an entirely different song. One harmonizes, the other just leaves you with a headache. Smile

Now, having said that, this isn't to throw out the importance of learning or teaching. I believe when we share what we see individually as a result of our personal relationship, we "learn" from each other of the patterns that are there. There is a time where we really do have to retrain our brain to think differently . . .but like everything else in God's house, it is more about the order of when we engage our minds than it is about whether or not we should engage our minds.

My life is DRAMATICALLY different when I engage WITH a mind of Christ than is would be if I engaged with a mind of flesh . . .yes? So . . .when the conception of truth takes place within me, my mind MUST yield to that release. "That's" where the correlation with the intimacy between a man and a woman, and the relationship between my soul and spirit are one and the same . . .

IN ORDER for the seed of LIFE to be released, the woman MUST yield herself to the man to allow him to enter her. And if the man doesn't wait for that permission, and enters her by force, it's considered rape. That's what the church does from the pulpits every Sunday . . .and that's why we're seeing a shift in the emphasis of church membership as we speak. The woman is hearing and seeing truths that she's never heard or seen before, and they're not lining up with the church's theology.

After the seed of life is released in us, it takes on a life of it's own. And it's not until the BIRTHING that our mind then becomes engaged. That's the order. Spiritual conception, fertilization, expansion and birthing . . .. THEN understanding manifests in our mind because understanding is what is being birthed. That life seed is actually "awareness" that comes "to" us, but until it births "in" us, it doesn't flow out of us. If my mind is in control over my spirit, then the conception can never take place at all.

That's what that Peter experience was all about. The awareness of who Jesus was, poured out of Peter's mouth but his head was not comprehending it just yet . . .which was why a breath later, he was being rebuked for becoming adversarial to why Jesus was there in the first place.

This process of revelation is a spiritual one from beginning to end. One man can not teach another man how to experience a spiritual experience. You can share with me your own experience, but until I experience a revelation personally, the connection between me and your revelation just won't be the same. It be like two separate individuals that are friends . . .your revelation and "me". I love what you say, but it's not "mine". But when I have a revelation of my own, now it's not two separate individuals as friends, but now, it's father and child. I had a birthing of my own and now the relationship is completely different.

Hope this makes sense . . . the bottom line is that God doesn't intend for us to adopt another person's revelation (child), but he wants all of us to have children (revelation) of our own because THEY ALL come from HIM. Smile For me, that's the difference between religion and relationship in a nutshell.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum