APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost books of the Bible?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lost books of the Bible? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 am

Y'Israel

What are they? I knew about the book of Enoch though I have not read it. But the day before yesterday I came across the book of Thomas. It was the first time I have read it, but this book relates to how I feel and what I am given to share.

I believe that we are approaching this period of time.

http://scriptural-truth.com/PDF_Apocrypha/THE%20GOSPEL%20OF%20THOMAS%20(Interpreted).pdf

I pray that someone would answer me, even if it is to disagree. REMEMBER OUR FOUNDATION IS SET. Salvation is to all.

Jude 1:1-3

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

What did they do? Sold all possessions and made all things common.

2 Re: Lost books of the Bible? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm

todosan

I have studied these in some detail. In summary, my best guess is that the copies we have now are corrupted in some measure, but probably not totally.

The more noteworthy ones are 1st Enoch and Jasher.

There are two Enochs and the one called 1 Enoch is by far the more trustworthy, although it has Babylonian religion intermixed. There are some Messianic chapters worth reading. I don't remember the number.Scholars know it is very old and although not verfied as from Enoch, it is on the order of Job in age. It is quoted in Jude and clearly people referenced it in the first century. Arguably, Jesus quoted from it, but there are many parallel passages to the Old Testament.

Jasher... well another lost book. Like 1st Enoch, it is quoted in the bible, but was lost for many centuries. You can buy a copy today in print. I think Jasher explains some things that I have questioned for a very long time. However, it has some things that I am not so sure of. Obviously, the Holy Spirit chose not to include this in the canon. That doesn't mean it contains no truth. The story of Esau and Jacob is eye popping and worth the read. It also explains why the King of Egypt turned on Israel during the 430 years. All good stuff.

The other worth a mention is the writings of Josephus. Without these, we would not be able to validate much of Daniel, Matthew, and Revelation. There are vast accounts of prophetic fulfillment in these texts and it is considered by most to be highly accurate.

The other apocrypha and the pseudopigrapha writings.. Well, they get into some weirdness. e.g. Jesus crippling a childhood playmate. Jesus making mud balls into birds (????- maybe I guess) Eve standing in the middle of a river for seven days for repentance...you get my point..... The 66 books alone keeps us busy. The others are interesting though, just remember that anything you read in them has to be confirmed in scripture like an experience or a teaching you would receive in your daily walk...

3 Re: Lost books of the Bible? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:41 pm

todosan

At first glance, that link looks real interesting.. Been a long time since I looked at that book...Cool...

4 Re: Lost books of the Bible? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Rosered

Hi Y'Israel
I have the lost books of the bible
not Thomas I dont think , I tried to read them , but after reading Pauls writings about not putting much stock in Jewish fables etc , I have left them alone

preaching another Jesus seems like to me

Like Todd just mentioned in his post above

I gree with him too the scriptures are full of tresures and to go looking for others outside the Bible is a huge task with tons of discernment

I lack that discernment and need alot more discernment to even search out what is written as legitament text , much less all that other writings
thats just me though
I can stumble and have to ''rest'' when I get injured by going off on another direction
we are to be guilded by the Holy Spirit and Gods wisdom , for them that do those writings could help or harm it just depeneds on where you are at in the growth of truth and grace , to me

I will also look at Thomas , they kind of left anything much of him out of the KJV bible of 1611

just some thoughts , you were asking for any , I understand needing some communion with others , its a lonely walk at times

5 Re: Lost books of the Bible? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Patrick1

It has been a long time since I have read the book of Thomas thanks for the link I will take a look at it. Very Happy

Grace and Peace Patrick

6 lot books of the bible on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:46 am

srichard

yes,I accept them..and their testimony....

Odes of Solomon 23 [Ifeel this goes with the book of

Thomas]

Joy is of the saints! And who shall put it on but they

alone[the solitary]? Grace is of the elct and who shall

receive it but those who trust in it from the beginning.?

Love is of the elect,and who shall put it on but those

who have possessed it from the beginning?. Walk ye in the

knowledge of the Most High without grudging;to His

exultation and to the perfection of His knowledge.

and His thought was like a letter;His will descended from

on high,and it was sent like an arrow which is violently

shot from the bow; and many hands rushed to the letter,to

seize it and take and read it;And it escaped their fingers

and they were affrightened at it and at the seal that was

upon it.Because it was not permitted them to loose it's seal

for the power that was over the seal was greater then they

But those who saw it went after the letter,that they might

know where it would alight,and who should read it,and who

should hear it.

But a wheel received it and came over it;and there was on

it a sign of the kingdom and of the Government;and

everything that tried to move the wheel it mowed and cut

down; and it gathered the multitude of adversaries,and bridged the rivers and crossed over and rooted up

many forests and made a broad path. The head went down to

the feet,for down to the feet ran the wheel and that which

was a sign upon it. The letter was one of command,for there

was included in it all districts. And there was seen at it'

head,the head which was revealed,even the Son of Truth,from

the Most High Father. And he inherited and took possession

of everything.And the thought of many was brought to nought

And all the apostates hasted and fled away,and those

who persecuted and became enraged became extinct. And

THE LETTER WAS A GREAT VOLUME,WHICH WAS WHOLLY WRITTEN

BY THE FINGER OF GOD; AND THE NAME OF THE FATHER WAS

ON IT,AND THE SON,AND THE HOLY SPIRIT