APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repentance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 am

Repentance is a gift from God. It is given when we walk into the Gospel WITH Jesus. That is Why Matthew ("MAT"-thew) is the 40th Book of the Bible (4 go forth with Jesus x 10 (after spiritual birth/1st resurrection). If you are not going forth, you are still in the old testament and lying on your Mat..and don't know Jesus personally yet. He shouted COME FORTH LAZARUS! Take up your MATs and WALK everyone.

If you are comfortable with your sin, trust me, so is Satan...and you never repented in the first place. Repentance = turning around/changing your ways and mind.

Here are some verses on repentance...

Fear of God and Repentance are both precious gifts from God. He is not Santa Claus and is GREATLY TO BE FEARED.

Be zealous therefore and repent...we cannot trust our wicked hearts...

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Matt 3:1-2 1In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul (speaking of John), John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Mark 1:14-15 14Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 26:20 But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men (carnal men/flesh) every where to repent:

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

II Cor 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (because we must die!!!)

Eccl 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Job 42:5-6 5I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. 6Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Psalm 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

2 Re: Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Patrick1

Repentance is a wonderful gift from God and I know full well that the goodness of God will lead men to repentance.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Repentance is defined from the greek word metanoeo and means to think differently. To me Repentance is NOT choosing by the power of our own will to quit doing bad and seeking to do good. That is nothing more then changing from one side of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to the other side. Unfortunately you are still living by the tree of death. Repentance to me is where we exchange our old way of thinking for the mind of Christ. The act of repentance is where we put off completely the old man the tree of knowledge of good and evil,and his way of thinking; and put on the new man, the tree of life who is Christ and live by his life and faith alone. We cannot wear the old man and Christ at the same time we can only wear one nature at any given time. Just like we can only think out of one mind at a time. The mind of Christ must be fully functioning and operating in us. His thoughts and his ways must become our thoughts and our ways. Many men never fully deny their selves from the birth of the flesh carnal man and live only by the life of Christ.

Unfortunately I must get ready to go to work now

Grace and Peace till next time we talk

3 Re: Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 3:59 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
John,

You said....Fear of God and Repentance are both precious gifts from God. He is not Santa Claus and is GREATLY TO BE FEARED.

KJV
Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Notice.....The Fear of The Lord is just "The Beginning" of wisdom.....There is much more John....

But...The knowledge of The Holy One is "Understanding"..

YLT
Pro 9:10 The commencement of wisdom is the fear of Jehovah, And a knowledge of the Holy Ones is understanding.

CLV
Pro 9:10 The starting point of wisdom is the fear of Yahweh, And the knowledge of the grand Holy One is understanding."

EWB-CB
Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: And the knowledge of the Holy One is discernment.

He is my Father...He Loves me, and you....Why should we yet fear Him? He only has for us our very best in mind...

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Rosered

Why are we here ?, why did we get to be here with satan in the first place ? why is it if we fail we all get to burn in an everlasting Hell ?
why didnt God make us perfect in the first place for His glory than ?
why does evil have to be, if God is going to abolish it in the end ?
Lots of things cause faith to fail , yet we cannot give up and if we do we are doomed ?
and if God had it perfect in the begining and planted a tree and serpent in the garden for man to be tempted by
KNOWING that failure was going to be the end result
than religion makes no sense whatsoever does it ?

How does experiencing such evil and seperation from God make a better relationship with God ?
and why do some get to have that and others are just doomed from the start

I tell you its for us to feel and know everything God has been though with us and for us other than that I am clueless

5 Re: Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good Questions my Sister,

If the cure is not equal to or Greater than, the sickness....then why give one at all?

If we never knew Darkness how would we recognize "The Light" as being Greater?
If we never had a reason to be forgiven of something, how would we Know Him as Mercy, Long suffering...ect...
If we never knew evil, how would we appreciate The Goodness of God?
If we never knew we were naked and poor, how would we know that we needed to be clothed upon with Him?

IF WE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEING LOST....THEN HOW WOULD WE KNOW HIM AS SAVIOR?

AND IF IT WE'RE NOT FOR THE SON UNVEILING HIS LIFE WITHIN US....HOW WOULD WE EVER KNOW THE FATHER AND ALL OF HIS WONDERFUL ATTRIBUTES?

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Blessings my Precious Rose I love you

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

6 Re: Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Rosered

Thank you so much Siter ARTIC ,

I should just let you know those were the things my husband and I were discussing on the porch before he had to go to work and I had to mow the lawn .
those are the types of questions my daughter has asked me her entire life she is 25 and a nurse , she has experienced alot of suffering being born with short gut syndrome
she has seen her pets die and these folks whom lingure with much suffering
I told her all suffer here and now for doing good and for doing evil
I told her about the Tree of Life being Jesus Christ , but she doesnt know that much about it ,
My husband today before work discussed how important it is to read the Word for yourself , we have our faith to God , not to man , he has been in the Word for himself for a few months now with CDS while driving to work and back , he told me so many of the things he was taught as a child are not what he is hearing now , I said yay!!!
Its time to seek the Lord with your whole heart and no one can make it happen till the Lord draws you to Himself

we also discussed how the god of ones own imagination , the one to talk to in your head and pray to , like the man in the temple , telling all the things he did and was not like that sinner over there whom was asking for Gods mercy because he was a sinner
, the Lord says whom come out of there justified !!! Praise the Lord God Almighty , the Living God , not the god of the dead , but Living to Him though Christ

Got alot of the Luke 18 today more every time we read it
I am thankful that my hubs and I can now share these things , that were not ever discussed before now !! means alot

I know its the Lord helping us grow in truth and grace
never easy but worth it

And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Luk 18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

Luk 18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

Luk 18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

Luk 18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

Luk 18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luk 18:9 ΒΆ And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I know its all about Faith , hope and Love , the greatest is Love being perfected in us

without faith its impossible to please God
and without hope we are most miserable
and without Love , well I cannot imagine Life without God , because God is Love and Love is the work and motivation of the true and pure hearts towards God
Blessings sister Scherryl aka ARTIC Thanks for a reply , its meant alot !!

7 Re: Repentance on Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Sis,

I just want to rejoice with you also for you and your hubby...I know how much it means to you to be able to share these things with him.....because I didn't realize that was what I was missing in my life until The Lord brought Jugg into it....

He just came home today and we're sitting here talking, sharing and rejoicing with all of you today....Love, Love, Love what The Lord is doing in and through us all, and Love the fact that.....We have eyes to "SEE THE KINGDOM" and "The King in all HIS GLORY!!! about to preach myself happy.... Laughing Praise you Lord!!!! And the best is yet 2B....

We ain't seen nothing yet.....

Blessings Sista

8 Re: Repentance on Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Rosered

Amen to that ! , Happy for you both Sis!!

9 Re: Repentance on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:55 pm

cross-eyed

Just doing some catching up . . . My initial post today was pertaining to this very subject you guys were discussing a week or so ago . . .when you quoted the passage in this conversation . . .something invaded me . .in a good way!!

when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Faith can only truly manifest when it can't be naturally seen. The good things that come our way can't be seen when we're in the middle of the bad stuff. It's the bad stuff that CAUSES us to activate the faith within us. Faith is truly what pleases God and the only time we can exercise faith is when we're without. The focus isn't to be on being without, it's supposed to be on seeing the fullness when we are experiencing the emptiness.

When Christ appears to us, will he find us being full of faith? I used to think being faithful meant you were reliable and consistent. Like someone who would faithfully deliver the mail every day . . .but it's not like that at all. Being faithful is being expectant. It's not that we have to go through horror to want tranquility. It's more about being content where you are because you know where you're going is greater than where you were . . .because you know He's the one doing the leading, guiding and preparing . . .we're just along for the ride!

Let me always be full of expectation that as great as things are, they're always getting better . . .God dotes on his kids so much ya just wanta puke!! Sorry . . . maybe that could have been put in a little better description?

10 Re: Repentance on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Rosered

Its Kinda cool you say this Nate ,
Because I was reading long ago about faith and looking it up and was on the computer when I saw something pretty grand at the time I thought lol .. and told my little children that was watching tv and my hubs
wow Guys did you know the opposite of faith is to worry , did you know its a sin / error mis-step[like a stumble, trip up ] to worry !
My children remembered that , when ever I would worry a bit about something the children , especially my son who was about 7 at the time would remind me of that !! so in a way my faith also come by hearing what the Spirit of truth was reminding me of !
I agree to be expectant of God answering prayers and requests Nate ,

but my earth/soul and spirit /heavens must be in harmony for faith to manifest
Much blessings Bro N ! great to have you back !! I love you

ps I am always humbled by the Lord faithfulness

11 Re: Repentance on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Nate said :" It's more about being content where you are because you know where you're going is greater than where you were . . .because you know He's the one doing the leading, guiding and preparing . . .we're just along for the ride!"

That is exactly what God has been telling me lately, especially the being content where you are.

12 Welcome Back Nathan!!!! on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
You have Truly been missed....

I just want to say...you have no idea how The Lord used this statement you made....and "The Timing of it" was mind boggling...

I was actually on the phone with Jugg and had the board pulled up in front of me...but hadn't read your reply yet..

Me and Jugg have been experiencing "separation anxiety" from one another...(since he's a long distance Truck Driver)....and we were talking about what The Lord had been revealing to us one on one.... We knew we shouldn't be feeling the emptiness that we were feeling being apart...because He is always with us...and we are one in Him.....it's a long story, and won't bore you with the details....but as The Lord begin to show us even more while we discussed these things on the phone....a revelation of sorts came to both of us at the same time about the fullness of our faith in Him when we are apart....

And I looked down at the page in front of me at your post and I seen the word "Fullness" and it caught my attention, so I backed up and read your full statement and It blew both of us away.....it was "Exactly" what He just Revealed to us both.....it was so neat....

This is what it was that He used by you....

Faith is truly what pleases God and the only time we can exercise faith is when we're without. The focus isn't to be on being without, it's supposed to be on seeing the fullness when we are experiencing the emptiness.

This is exactly what me and Jugg have been experiencing emptiness when were apart....but after today....and what He has imparted to us both by way of witness and understanding....I have a feeling that is about to change....So Grateful that we KNOW HIM....and so Thankful for all of you here.....

13 Re: Repentance on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:53 pm

cross-eyed

I was so busy with the other threads, this one slipped by me. Thanks Scherryl, I appreciate the sentiment. And it doesn't bother me to tell you when I said that it reverberated in me so much I posted it as a status on face book . . .when you take the time to just isolate the word "faith" and hover over the depth of it's endless applications, it's truly mind boggling as the essence of what faith really is, emerges.

14 Re: Repentance on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Holly1

Artic I absolutely love your big flashy emoticons, you have such a great personality and I love it! Smile

PS I know we only chatted once on the phone but I miss you lol. Smile

Nathan that really was a great word on faith bro!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum