APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Will and Repentance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Free Will and Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks everybody for tolerating your brother John. Not always easy to stay in love/fellowship when we have very different views. But I sincerely LOVE you all and recognize this is an honest/sincere dialogue and we are all seeking the truth...

I am catching on...and realize that I have struck out on the following concepts (so I will not belabor them further):

- Works are critically important (recognizing that our faith triggers His grace...that saves);

- Salvation is not universal;

- Salvation can be lost;

- Unrepentant sinners (Hitler for example) will not get to heaven

- We should have a sense of urgency

- We should confront our lives with every word of God

- We have a mandate to preach the Gospel

- We have a mandate to make disciples

- We have a mandate to heal and deliver...feed, and cloth the poor...

So I will let these ideas rest along with those resting here in the seventh day.

So let's explore free will. God told me one morning about a year ago the following... "John, the ONLY thing you control in your life are your choices." This is an important concept because it reinforces that we all have free will and make our own decisions.

If we are all saved and nothing we can do, sin included, matters, then I could go right back to my FILTHY lifestyle of blatant disrespect and disobedience. Because I will get there sooner or later. I won't have to worry about it. I AM NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE....I put it all on God and He will figure it out with Jesus and His Spirit eventually....

Of course our flesh/carnal man does the sin (he is the culprit/antichrist)...I get that...but here is the crux of the matter...the fundamental issue that I would like to hear from you about.

Are WE responsible for our carnal man (sins) or not? If not, what's the point of repentance? Why would God be so inaccurate to use such a misleading word like "SALVATION" (FROM WHAT?)... when we have nothing to fear...including God. Why would King David cry out His guts asking for forgiveness when it wasn't His fault in the first place...He must have missed the point too!! Why then is conversion the fruit of repentance?

If you are growing/have grown comfortable with your sin, trust me, so is Satan...and you never repented in the first place. Repentance = turning around/changing your ways and mind. Whose voice does it sound like to you when somebody says..."if you screw up, don't worry about it." Christ or antichrist? You all KNOW the answer... Be bold and step out now and say it!

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Even carnal man (judge in court) will punish law-breakers... Murderers/rapests/pedophiles... Carnal men would be outraged if the murderer of their child was not punished. God is a God of perfect justice and judgement. How much more will our Father punish those who hold His word in contempt and continue on in sin when they had all the gifts He freely gave to find His Truth?

I would also like somebody to explain to me what the second death is that John mentions in Revelation. AND, after that, explain the FIRST death. Please answer me this... And ponder the following verse to help you consider the deathS and resurrectionS God points out in His word...

Hebrews 11:35 Women (wisdom) received their dead raised to life AGAIN: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: Hint: this is a born-AGAIN verse...if you have ears please hear Him.

I love you

Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

I love you

Your brother and servant, John

2 Re: Free Will and Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Patrick1

Honestly John I am not sure any of us have a free will.

Man’s condition before salvation:

1. We all love darkness more than light. (John 3:19)

2. We all hate the light because are deeds are evil. (John 3:20)

3. We cannot comprehend (lay hold of) the light. (John 1:5)

4. We have all turned aside, and have all together become filthy. (Psalms 4:31)

5. We are blind. (Psalms 146:8; Zephaniah 1:17; Matthew 15:14; John 9:39-41; II Corinthians 4:3,4)

6. We are deaf. (Psalms 66:18; Matthew 11:15; Matthew 13-17; Romans 11:8; 1 Corinthians 2 -14)

7. The things of God are foolishness to us. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

8. The spirit of man can only understand the things of man. Without the Spirit of God it is impossible to understand the things of the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:11-14)

9. We are slaves to another–sin is our taskmaster. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; Romans 8:15; Romans 6:11-17)

10. We call good evil, and evil good. (Isaiah 5:20)

11. We are unclean –either because of playing in the tombs, or because we have leprosy (spiritually speaking). (Leviticus 11:31-40, Numbers 19:11-20, Haggai 2:13-14. Matthew 23:27,28)

12. We are not in our right minds due to the continual torment that fear has imparted. (1 John 4:18)

13. We are deceived because we are not doing the word of God. (James 1:22-25)

14. We seek our own interests not the Lord’s. (Philippians 2:21)

15. We are spiritually dead. (Romans 7:8-20; Ephesians 2:1-3)

16. We are subject to vanity not willingly but by reason of Him (God) Who subjected us to it. (Roman 8:18-22; Genesis 5:29; Job 12:6-10)

17. Because we cannot hear, we do not have faith. (Romans 10:17)

18. Without faith it is impossible for us to please God. (He 11:6; Ps 78:17-39)

19. We were made to lack by Elohim. (Ps 8:5, literal translation of little lower than the angels)

20. We are all liars. (Romans 3:4)

21. “Not one is just.” (Rom.3:11)

22. “Not one is understanding.” (Rom.3:11)

23. “Not one is seeking out God.” (Rom.3:11)

24. “All avoid Him.” (Rom.3:12)

25. Can’t discern our left hand from our right. (Jonah 4:11)

26. Man is incapable of keeping covenant. Israel broke its covenant the first day they made it. (Ex. 32:17-35)

Is it not amazing that what God has called impossible, many Christians declare possible. Even more amazing is that what God calls possible and desirable, many Christians declare impossible. Because of man’s “free will,” it is impossible for Him to save all mankind.

Matthew 19: 25 When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Genesis 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Numbers 11:23 And the Lord said unto Moses, Is the Lord’s hand waxed short? Thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.

Job 42:2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from Thee.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?

Romans 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, He was able also to perform.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

2 Peter 3 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through Him might believe.

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Religious men say:
1. It is possible to choose salvation from the fallen state of Adam nature, flesh.

2. It is impossible for God to save all men, because of men’s ability to choose life or death.

Is this not the greatest folly of man calling good evil, and evil good?

God says:

1. It is impossible for man to comprehend the things of the Spirit of Life, therefore it is impossible to get saved just by mere human choice.

2. It is possible to save all men because all things are possible to Him.

Rom 3:3, 4 For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

This was something I wrote years ago that was quoted by Gary Amirault in an article He posted that concerns free will Take some time to read the whole article john it deals with many, but not all of the questions you ask about:

http://lovewins.us/570/salvation-who-chooses-who/

Grace and Peace Patrick

3 Re: Free Will and Repentance on Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This is what Gethsemane was all about John....This is where our Lord was pressed beyond measure... and took on Himself man's "will"....hence "Not my will but thine be done".... and overcame it....

Not that we had "Free will"...on the contrary....The will of man is by nature corrupt, stubborn, and an enemy to God.

How Free is man's will when he is bound by the sin nature? We need A Saviour....

How Free are we when we are bound by Righteousness to God? For His Love constrains us as we eat and drink of Him...

We are either slaves to sin, or slaves to Righteousness...
And neither one is our choice.....

Rom 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
Rom 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

I have found that those that believe that they have a choice are usually those that are still under the mindset/influence of The Law's Letter....

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

But....and this is the sad part....For by the Law is the "Knowledge" of sin....and No flesh can be Justified by the deeds of Law....and The Law was not made for The Righteous man but the sinner.....and don't realize that it is the "End" of the Law to all those who believe.....

And if the law could bring life....Then Christ died in vain....

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This word alive means "Quickened"....

I am one for believing that there is no such thing as Free Will, never has been....The choices we make in our lives are influenced by either the nature of sin (where there is no choice) or The Nature of Christ (Where still there is no choice).....We are either Dead to Righteousness or Dead to sin.....Alive unto God....or Alive unto the world...

As His Death was Universal.....for All....so also is His Life Universal....For All.... cheers cheers

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Free Will and Repentance on Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Patrick1

Not that we had "Free will"...on the contrary....The will of man is by nature corrupt, stubborn, and an enemy to God.

How Free is man's will when he is bound by the sin nature? We need A Saviour....

How Free are we when we are bound by Righteousness to God? For His Love constrains us as we eat and drink of Him...

We are either slaves to sin, or slaves to Righteousness...
And neither one is our choice.....

That is the question how free is our supposed "free" will when we are either slaves to our sin nature or we are slaves to righteousness. Glad you brought up that point.

5 Re: Free Will and Repentance on Fri May 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Rosered

Great post ARTIC!
excellent points

cheers cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum