APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedom in Christ

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:37 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:
LindaY wrote:I have a question. Has everyone in here come to a place they have gained complete victory of the flesh? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here. I honestly want to know if that has happened so, please don't think I'm being insincere in my question.

Are you kidding me? No way hun. I for one still have a very nasty habit, Smoking. But I'm not condemned anymore for it. I still have thoughts that I must cast down all the time.

As long as we are in this flesh suit, I believe we will still have things that we deal with, but they don't stand in my way of following Him. Think about the Great Apostle Paul, he didn't want to do what he did, what ever that may have been, but what was his bottom line?

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There is no good thing in the flesh, period.

Blessings

I agree Scherryl. I still smoke too but, I don't feel guilty about it any more either because I now see there is no fleshly act that can bring me into spiritual things.

Now, having said that, I know that Christ's flesh was in submission to the Father and HE HAS obtained the victory over the flesh and HE HAS Risen. In Christ, everything has been done for us because we are not able to, never were and never will. It's HIS work that has to be done in us.

I realize that what "my" flesh wants to do at times is get ahead of HIM when He is telling me to wait and not everything He reveals to me in His word is all about me, me, me, the way the carnal mind wants us to believe. I know He sees me as perfect because when He looks at me He sees the "finished" part of Him in me. When pondering these things the scripture came to me about Lazarus. Now, this may be a childlike description of what I see in this and it's not the ONLY thing I see about Lazarus. It has many dimensions but, when I look at the things around me and what is going on around me, this is what I began to realize.

Hibbs said in another place about Him saying, "what, could you not wait with me one hour?" Were they spiritually sleeping? I think so and believe this is why He said this. Because if I was physically awake at that time and my flesh controlled me in every situation, oh absolutely, I would have run to Lazarus the moment I heard he was sick (speaking of the flesh) because I want to "fix" things in people around me that I see hurting but, our flesh is to come into submission to the things of the Spirit.

I am beginning to see this in more depth and a spiritual sense than I ever did before. He does say to the storms and violent winds around us, Peace, be still, and they have to obey. That's it. They do obey.

Back to Lazarus:

Sometimes things happen not because it is for us but for those around us. When Jesus was told about Lazarus being sick, He waited. He did not run to the tomb the way my flesh wants me to do. He waited. In the process, Lazarus died and Mary and Martha were upset with Him but, what did He say when they came to Him?

11:1 ¶ Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
3 Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
6 When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.7 Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.
8 His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
17 ¶ Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him
30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33 ¶ When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35 Jesus wept.36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
45 ¶ Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.

So, I wait, not trying to bring glory to myself but, it's His glory that's manifested. I know He has already restored everything. It's not always easy to wait for the restoration of all things though. Oh yes, after we have come through it, we look back and say, Yes! I see now! I appreciate having heard from others who have been through it and have had these things restored to them but, not all of us have and are still waiting, not because we don't believe but, it's just not HIS time for it to happen yet. At times, He's doing things that are not even pertaining to us because when it is manifested to us in the physical, it's perfect because it's already been done by Him, in full measure, complete.

(I see when getting ready to post this there have been several responses after Scherryl's but, I will go ahead and post it anyway)

52 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm

LindaY wrote:I have a question. Has everyone in here come to a place they have gained complete victory of the flesh? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here. I honestly want to know if that has happened so, please don't think I'm being insincere in my question.

NO!!!

LindaY wrote:So, I wait, not trying to bring glory to myself but, it's His glory that's manifested. I know He has already restored everything. It's not always easy to wait for the restoration of all things though. Oh yes, after we have come through it, we look back and say, Yes! I see now! I appreciate having heard from others who have been through it and have had these things restored to them but, not all of us have and are still waiting, not because we don't believe but, it's just not HIS time for it to happen yet. At times, He's doing things that are not even pertaining to us because when it is manifested to us in the physical, it's perfect because it's already been done by Him, in full measure, complete.

I love you, Sis! These words carry so much encouragement to one who sorely needs it!

In HIS time!

53 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

LindaY

DavidHarreld wrote:

NO!!!

LindaY wrote:So, I wait, not trying to bring glory to myself but, it's His glory that's manifested. I know He has already restored everything. It's not always easy to wait for the restoration of all things though. Oh yes, after we have come through it, we look back and say, Yes! I see now! I appreciate having heard from others who have been through it and have had these things restored to them but, not all of us have and are still waiting, not because we don't believe but, it's just not HIS time for it to happen yet. At times, He's doing things that are not even pertaining to us because when it is manifested to us in the physical, it's perfect because it's already been done by Him, in full measure, complete.

I love you, Sis! These words carry so much encouragement to one who sorely needs it!

In HIS time!

And I love you too David!

54 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Hibbs wrote:...the day will come when this mob will sing such glorious praise (through their lives more so than with their voice) that all will have their eyes opened and every knee and every tongue will proclaim the lordship of their Christ.

I AM hanging my hat upon this promise! I seem to have lost all honor in my own country (my family) but if the Lord still has use for me then what more can I hope for?

Is it wrong that some part of my motivation might be vindication? It is as if I anticipate an "I told you so" moment when this place comes fully under new management, even though I know that I will be too caught up in the joy of the moment for this to cross my mind.

I Can Only Imagine!

55 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 pm

LindaY

DavidHarreld wrote:
Hibbs wrote:...the day will come when this mob will sing such glorious praise (through their lives more so than with their voice) that all will have their eyes opened and every knee and every tongue will proclaim the lordship of their Christ.

I AM hanging my hat upon this promise! I seem to have lost all honor in my own country (my family) but if the Lord still has use for me then what more can I hope for?

Is it wrong that some part of my motivation might be vindication? It is as if I anticipate an "I told you so" moment when this place comes fully under new management, even though I know that I will be too caught up in the joy of the moment for this to cross my mind.

I Can Only Imagine!

My personal experience with those "I told you so" moments have not been good because it wasn't long before I found a finger being pointed back at me and that was not pleasant. That's my experience though. He does keep us humble. No question about that.

56 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

cross-eyed

I think all of us have that part of our flesh where we kind of imagine "tongue and cheek" of how we'll respond once they see what we see. However, I also like your very last remark David because I think most people have an image in their heads of what heaven will be like but none of us can even imagine because the imagination is not coming from our heart . . .it's coming from our head, our minds . . .the very thing that doesn't have the capacity to comprehend kindgom principles, let alone the kingdom itself. I believe that "we" here on this forum, are indeed in a "different" place than our brothers and sisters in Christ but I also believe that once we ALL enter into the completeness of his plan, there will be no place for "didn't I tell ya??" because even though I do beleive we're seeing more because we're open to receiving more, what we see and have received is STILL only a tithe of what is yet to come.

I'm just excited that we're being able to see "this" much. It's already broken chains and shackles just coming this far. I can't wait for the manifestation for what's complete in the kingdom to become the same reality on earth. I also like what Hibbs said about the gathering together a Gideon's army in all the pockets of people like us all over the world. Even so . .come quickly Lord Jesus! And I'm not talking rapture either! cheers

57 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 pm

LindaY

Hibbs wrote:It is not in my flesh to ever have victory over my flesh. Jesus overcame and won the victory in laying down His own life. We enter into His victory by faith....the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. If we say that we have no sin, the truth is not in us and we lie....but, if...

We have been given everything pertaining to life and godliness. There is now therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. It is all about Him. When we know truth it sets us free. The problem is that we are double minded and go in and out instead of abiding.

I have been thinking that I needed to repeat posting Pogo's observation: "I have met the enemy and he is us." If we look at ourselves, the devil wins for all that he tempts is to focus us on Adam. If we maintain our focus...turning in repentance from our own __________(fill in the blank) and look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith we ascend into the spirit, the heavens brighten and we can laugh at the circumstances that moments before seemed so overwhelming.

So true Hibbs.

58 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm

cross-eyed

Did you guys all know what it is they're putting in your body when you go through "chemotherapy"? Or when you have to get a shot to keep from getting the measles . . .or the flu?

Did you know that it's the very thing that you're trying to avoid, just in a very small dosage? They do that so our body can build up an immune system against it.

Now . . .using the "God uses the natural things to reveal spiritual truths" principle . . . in this light, take another look at Paul's thorn where it was praying that God would remove the thorn. And another place where Paul is distraught about doing the opposite of what he thinks he should do. And the bottom line was . . .God never removed the thorn, he left the seed of it in Paul but diverted Pauls attention "from" the thorn "to" his grace.

Could it be . . .that the sin we think is ugly and dirty really, is God's spiritual flu shot to keep us from dying from the disease itself???

a bit of a mind-bender perhaps.

59 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 pm

cross-eyed wrote:
Could it be . . .that the sin we think is ugly and dirty really, is God's spiritual flu shot to keep us from dying from the disease itself???

I'll take that! Hmm... perhaps it is time for me to revisit my opposition to chemotherapy and vaccinations...

60 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:Did you guys all know what it is they're putting in your body when you go through "chemotherapy"? Or when you have to get a shot to keep from getting the measles . . .or the flu?

Did you know that it's the very thing that you're trying to avoid, just in a very small dosage? They do that so our body can build up an immune system against it.

Now . . .using the "God uses the natural things to reveal spiritual truths" principle . . . in this light, take another look at Paul's thorn where it was praying that God would remove the thorn. And another place where Paul is distraught about doing the opposite of what he thinks he should do. And the bottom line was . . .God never removed the thorn, he left the seed of it in Paul but diverted Pauls attention "from" the thorn "to" his grace.

Eating crow is hard to swallow. LOL. I would much rather have my attention diverted to His Grace.

61 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Hibbs

Dis-ease...no longer at rest. The problem with today's medical system is that we use killing modalities to deal with symptoms rather than finding the root of the problem and building up our immune system with good health. There is no question that a little adversity builds strength. If a child is not exposed to colds, flu, mumps etc. their immune system never builds any real strength and they remain dependent on vaccines, medications and trips to the doctor. If we understand that God knew what He was doing when He put Adam in a garden with a serpent (knowing full well the result and having a solution before the world began in a lamb) then we are not dismayed by these things. We can thank Him for all things. The cross is a beautiful place to all who understand. Out of death comes life, out of winter comes spring, out of failure comes dependence upon God who cannot fail.

62 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 am

LindaY

Dis-ease...no longer at rest. The problem with today's medical system is that we use killing modalities to deal with symptoms rather than finding the root of the problem

I believe this!

63 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:For me, the answer would be a resounding no. Yes spiritually, because for me, the completion of spiritual perfection is instantaneous. But it's the "fleshing out" of that spiritual perfection is a process due to the fact that because we're in these bodies of flesh, as such, we're still limited to the laws of this realm. Time . . .death . . .decay . . my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak. Grace fills the gap between the two. it allows me to continue on without being bombarded by guilt and shame of the times when my flesh doesn't always align with my spirit.

There are still days I'm still just an all out grouch. Just ask my wife!

I had a couple pictures I'd hung on the walls of the sanctuary at church. As far as I know, they're still there. I was out with the camera one day, just enjoying nature as the summer was beginning to wind down and I came upon my favorite place on the property where I deer hunt. There are considerably large bluffs, but it opens up to a bit of a pasture and a sizable creek that horse-shoes around the toe of one of the bluffs. It's just a beautiful scene. I'd taken a picture of this big oak tree that was over-hanging the creek as I passed by it. Then after i reached the boundary line and turned back around, on my way back through I took a picture of the same tree . .. not on purpose, it was just a part of the scenery picture that I was taking at the time.

But when I put the disc in the computer and came across the pictures of the tree, I was astounded at what I saw. Because the first picture had the sun at my back, the second picture had the sun in my face. The first one, with my "back" to the sun exposed all the shadows created by the leaves of the tree. It gave the tree a dimensional feel, it was just leaves and shadows. But on the second picture, it wasn't as easy to pick out the leaves due to the blinding rays of sunlight piercing through the tree.

Ever read in Scripture about the "men are as trees" principle? One of my favorite on that is where the blind guy went to Jesus and after laying hands on him, Jesus asked if he was healed and the guy replied "I see man as trees, walking." that used to always stump me. Was Jesus having an off day that day?

But then when I left traditional platforms, I started seeing where ALL THINGS COME TOGETHER for the Good!! Jesus wasn't slipping, if anything he was getting stronger! It was a revelation that even though the guy was blind, he was spiritually being realigned inwardly which was where his vision was truly being restored.

So, with "my" tree, the Lord spoke to me and said that when you look at another persons shadows, you've turned your back to the Son. If you can't see the blinding light of the Father piercing through them, they're not the problem, "your" perspective is where the problem lies.

So when I look at my own shadows . . .rather than become overwhelmed, judgmental or even critical, the picture of that old oak tree always comes to mind which only causes me to embrace his Grace all the more. When I see myself in his light, then I'll see others in that same light as well. We put a caption under the pictures . . .something like . . the Truth can always be seen when facing the Son . . .

Abide in the light that pierces through the leaves of your being. Shadows only manifest when you've misalgned yourself with the Father's love.

When I read this, the scripture from Revelation came to mind. At the very beginning of the Revelation, John heard a voice behind him speaking to him and then later on, he was told to come up higher.

64 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Hibbs

John was in the Spirit...into the room behind the veil, when he heard a voice behind him. When he turned to look he saw the candlestick of the holy of holies...it was a vision of pentecost with the Lord in the middle. He was then given the letters to the seven churches. The Book of the Revelation is much easier to understand when we realize that the word "revelation" is the word for unveiling and it carries the idea of peeling an onion. As the layers of flesh are removed we get to the inner part. In life as well most of our experiences are simply the find ourselves bankrupt of anything of our own and it is then that we realize that our life is hidden with Christ in God.

I was with friends last night and we were talking about (and praying for) a friend who has developed a business that has become very successful. Somehow his products got onto the Oprah show and his business took off overnight. Now a wealthy man, he wants to teach others kingdom principles. The word that came to mind to our friend was the story of how difficult it is for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle (a small gate within the gate of Jerusalem) or for a rich man to enter the kingdom. In order to pass through the eye, it is necessary to get very low (i.e. humble) and when you are the rich man and think that you alone can teach, how difficult it is to go forward. Failures in this age are not failures to those who understand the ways of God. He uses marred vessels and regards them in a special way that only his vision and compassion can comprehend.

65 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Hibbs

In life as well most of our experiences are simply the find ourselves bankrupt of anything of our own and it is then that we realize that our life is hidden with Christ in God.

Lost a part. In life as well most of our experiences are simply the process of stripping away the fig leaves of our human nature until we find ourselves bankrupt of anything of our own...

As the veil of flesh is torn the Shekinah of God begins to come forth. His Glory is hidden in a rod that budded, communion and the law written within the heart, all found in the ark carrying the mercy seat. A wooden box covered with gold, it is in type what our lives are becoming.

66 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 pm

cross-eyed

Ever wonder why, when John was caught up in the spirit that the voice was "behind" him? If he was "in the spirit" why wasn't the voice in front of him? Why did he have to turn around to see? The passage is very deliberate about his positioning. Even when he was in the spirit, he was still facing the wrong way.

67 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:Ever wonder why, when John was caught up in the spirit that the voice was "behind" him? If he was "in the spirit" why wasn't the voice in front of him? Why did he have to turn around to see? The passage is very deliberate about his positioning. Even when he was in the spirit, he was still facing the wrong way.

I think I know but, want to know your view on this.

68 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Hibbs

I think it is because John (the disciple whom Jesus loved) was seeing from the third day backwards. In that day, we will become the voice of God.

69 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:12 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:
cross-eyed wrote:Ever wonder why, when John was caught up in the spirit that the voice was "behind" him? If he was "in the spirit" why wasn't the voice in front of him? Why did he have to turn around to see? The passage is very deliberate about his positioning. Even when he was in the spirit, he was still facing the wrong way.

I always thought the reason he had to turn, is to see with understanding, what took place in The Day of The Lord's crucifiction. And what really took place in HIM in His Day.

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

70 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:
LindaY wrote:

I always thought the reason he had to turn, is to see with understanding, what took place in The Day of The Lord's crucifiction. And what really took place in HIM in His Day.

That's what I thought too. He was looking at what was behind him in his walk. But, then he began seeing what was ahead of him later in the same book, in the "things to come".

71 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:04 pm

cross-eyed

This for me is connected to another "Peter experience". But this one was in the garden when they came and took Jesus away. Ya'll know the story . . .but there's some stuff there that just blows me away. The high point of the story is, Peter whipped out a sword and whacked off a guy's ear that Jesus had to pick up and put back on him. But leading up to that, and some of you may have read this before because I believe it's in the book and it's also something I wrote about on Tentmaker.

But leading up to that event, just prior, Jesus instructed ALL TWELVE of his disciples to sell what they had of their possessions and buy themselves swords. And of the twelve . . .they came back with . . .Two. The number of witness. The same number that returned with a good report out of twelve spies that went out to survey the land. The other TEN came back with a report of fear. Ten being the number symbolizing . . . .law.

So when only TWO showed up with a sword . . .I mean seriously . . .I would have looked at the other ten disciples and stared at them blankly for a minute than asked them . . ."Really? You guys think you're going to cruise through this on your looks??" But not Jesus. His response was nothing like that. "His" response was . . .Todd's resonating phrase . . .something about kung fu . . .Jesus' response was . .it is ENOUGH.

Seriously? TWO swords were enough to defend their lives, the other ten swordless disciples lives . . .not to mention Jesus himself. But no, the number of WITNESS is enough.

Next, another player in the picture. They guy who lost his ear. Who was he? He was . . . a servant (extension) of the HIGH PRIEST. So here we go . . .on the one side, you have the tradtions of men .. the religious church. On the other side you have the followers of Christ. One side inflicts intimidation built on lies, imprisonment, shame, ridicule . . .on and on . . .the other leads to, points to . . .Life. So what's the problem? Ah ... even though those that pointed to Life were EQUIPPED with the sword, didn't necessarily mean they understood how it was to be used.

So . .when push came to shove, they did what any other religious person would do, they chose to use the Word of God (sword) against their own kind. Rather than freedom, they resulted in separation. But what was it that was separated? A guy's ear.

Remember what a bondservant goes through at the accredidation? The servants EAR is placed on the threshold (gateway/entrance) to the master's house and an awl is pierced through the ear . . . clearly this is connected to one who has ears to be enabled to hear.

But instead of enablement, Peter inflicted disembodiment. Instead of others being enlightened by his ability to hear from God directly, he caused deafness. And it's not just Peter, it's who Peter represents. The reason why I go through all of this is because it's not just John that is facing the wrong direction . . .it's who John represents.

John and Peter both represent the same thing. They represent "us" . . .we are not of the traditions of men, we are followers of Christ. Even so, because of our inability to skillfully use the Word of God, we've deafened others because of our "warring" efforts to bring truth to people whether they want to hear us or not.

Before I had the biggest, life-changing experience with God at the altar back in '96 . . .I NEVER spoke publically. In fact, when I was in highschool, we were required to give book reports and you could either give them orally or written. It would take only about 3 minutes to get up . . .explain what the book was about and sit down . . .done. But no . . .I'd rather take an hour to write it out rather than have to stand up in front of people.

Obviously that all changed. Problem was . . .once I had the experience, I took up the bible like I was a Jeti knight. I spoke down to those nasty sinners and even lazy chrisitans who needed a good talking to . . . .

by the way . . . ever wonder why Jesus NEVER took Judas aside to "council" him about his greed . . . oops . .another thread again . . .

Bottom line, John represents us. He represents the living church . . .and as such, when he was called up in the spirit, God was revealing that even though he was in the spirit . . .he still needed to "repent" before he could SEE THE VOICE . . .which again, is physically impossible. You don't "see" a voice, you hear it. But again, none of this is to be applied literally to us anymore anyway . .right?

The church, in all her glory, is still facing the wrong direction and in need of repentance. Perhaps they're still stairing up at the sky . . .straining to physically see what can only be spiritually revealed. Or maybe they're still fixed on an empty tomb, still looking for the living among the dead. Whatever it is, she's facing the wrong way and before she'll be enabled to see the sound . . .she needs to repent . . .she needs to be born again again.

72 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 pm

cross-eyed

Karen's Scripture Verse of the Day reminded me of this thread.

Romans 6:15-18 The Message
So, since we're out from under the old tyranny, does that mean we can live any old way we want? Since we're free in the freedom of God, can we do anything that comes to mind? Hardly. You know well enough from your own experience that there are some acts of so-called freedom that destroy freedom. Offer yourselves to sin, for instance, and it's your last free act. But offer yourselves to the ways of God and the freedom never quits.
All your lives you've let sin tell you what to do. But thank God you've started listening to a new master, one whose commands set you free to live openly in His freedom!

73 Judas on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm

cross-eyed

I also posed a question earlier in this thread referring to Judas and his reliationship with Christ. We all know the type of person that Judas was. Did you ever wonder "when" he became that way? Did being the treasurer for the disciples go to his head? Or was he that way before he was assigned to the post? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

But did you ever wonder why, there is no record anywhere in any of the four gospels where Jesus ever took Judas aside and tried to "counsel" him and point out the error of his ways? And if Jesus already knew what kind of man Judas was . . .why did he choose him to become a disciple in the first place? And even more mysterious, why did he allow Judas to be the treasurer? He knew his weaknesses and instead of helping him avoid the temptation of handling the money of others, he actually condoned it!

If that were to happen in the church today . . .just how far do you think the individual would get before the church discretely removed him from his office? What kind of message do you suppose lies beneath the surface of "this" one??

74 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Indeed, will anyone apply for the position of 'treasurer' if they do not love money?

75 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:42 pm

todosan

I sort of struggle with the idea that John was looking the wrong way. I have come to learn that John graduated.

You see, it is what he saw when he looked behind that gives the clue. Jesus was standing in the midst of the candlesticks. This instantly locates the whole picture, because we know that candlesticks are found in the tabernacle of Moses.

So we see yet another revelation of Christ in these candlesticks…. Little lights if you will, much like the church is playing the light giving role in the world today. Then in Revelation, the cover is pulled back and we see that the candlesticks are churches indeed. Now, there are at least 1 million interpretations of these churches, and most have some merit to them. Regardless, it is clear that these are churches…

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw[j] are the seven churches.

This is important. John is not in church. John is on the idle of Patmos, which means “place of my killing”. This is of course representative that John too has lost his head. That is how he is able to stand one room beyond the church. It is how he is able to see the things he has seen (earthly ministry), the things which are, and the things which we take place after this. The spirit realm does not account for time as we do. In the spirit on the Lord’s day (Sabbath) speaks of entering the rest. In this place, all things are accessible. This is how people die and go to a time where things are complete. You have heard of stories where people visit with unborn babies that are grown and the like. That is because the things that shall come after this are not cut off from you in the spirit.

John reveals where Christ is ministering. He is with His church of course. He is standing in the midst of the lampstands, or the churches. Well, does the spirit realm need a Jesus? Remember, John has lost his head, his soul is under the alter, and now he has the mind of Christ.

Not to scare you, but Christ does not reign forever. Sorry to keep doing this to you all.

1 Cor 15:24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

We know this has come to pass when death no longer reigns in the body, which was the original result from sin…In the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

So in the spirit, death is no longer reigning. In the spirit realm, Christ HAS put your enemies under your feet. Therefore, Christ has brought this perfect liberty to those who dwell in that dimension because they have His mind. (Now I am getting way out there.) But this is why we see Him standing in the second room, where He must reign still. Those people do not fully have the mind of Christ. John has gone on.

Is that so weird? Not really. Christ is a pattern for us to complete.

Romans 8:29
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren

Now, I am know I am firing on all 8 cylinders.

The Lord just reminded me of that. Did anyone get a jolt? Uh ummm “conformed to the image of His Son”. I am thinking that John may well have touched that while he remained at the “place of his killing”.

I wouldn’t argue it, but I am just going to consider what John was seeing looking forward. If Christ be behind him, then the covenant was in front of him…also a symbol of Christ. Here is the covenant.

Heb 8
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more

…and we know who the real Israel is, right? Those circumcised of the fleshy tables of the heart. Rom 2.

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum