Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 am

Long2JC

What it means to me to be free part 2

Freedom as released in The Letter of Paul to the COLOSSIANS
Chapter 2:

You Are Built Up in Christ
1 For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not personally seen my face,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4 I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument.
5 For even though I am absent in body, nevertheless I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good discipline and the stability of your faith in Christ.
6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;
11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;
12 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!”
22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.

Going on to Chapter 3 verse 3 we can and interesting concept about our covering that insures our freedom.

3:3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

(it would be good to read Chapter 1 and 2 also to gain understanding of what Paul is referring to here. He is talking about how your walk with/in Christ is a personal one and why it needs to be.)

The Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament gives definition to the word hidden as it is used here;
24.30 κρύπτωc: to cause something to be invisible (in the sense of being hidden), but for the purpose of safekeeping and protection—‘to hide, to make invisible, to make hidden and safe.’ ἡ ζωὴ ὑμῶν κέκρυπται σὺν τῷ Χριστῷ ἐν τῷ θεῷ ‘your life has been hidden with Christ in God’ Col 3:3. The evident implication of this statement in Col 3:3 is to emphasize the fact that the true life of the believer is not some material, visible object or happening, but something spiritual and thus only visible to those spiritually enlightened or concerned.

Again in Galatians 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Then in John 14: 20 we find Jesus declaring that we are in Him and He is in us.

John 14: 20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

Can you envision the body of Christ wrapped around you so you cannot be seen to be accused or judged. Then in the book of John we find Jesus declaring that we are not only in Him but that He is in us. If He is in us then there is nothing within us that can accuse or judge us. That is freedom.

(We all have experienced the power our own mind has to accuse us and judge us in order to keep us chained to its control. There is nothing that can stand against the sovereign nature of God even our mind. So when we truly let God into our lives our mind has to give up control to the spirit of God for the renewal of its operation and thoughts. The battle has to cease when we finally choose to lay down our own truths, perceptions and speculation and receive the truth, which never changes, from Christ within us.)

Freedom always has boundaries; it is just the fact that we are totally fulfilled within them and have no desire to seek other areas or actions. The things that once were stated as Law are now fulfilled by Christ and we have no desire to even think about the things that would break them because Christ fulfills us.

Nothing can stand forever against our Father, everything will submit and we are hidden In Christ within our Father. (John 14:20) It is not about power, or strength or the ability to deceive.

It Just Is because He is “I Am” This is why we have freedom.

-John-

27 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 am

Linda, I don't know if this is any help to you, but I believe that this is where I'm at:

That would be me on the left. I believe that there are others like me, and that brings me comfort.

28 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 am

Long2JC

to: Linda Y

For me I do not see you trying to walk in the Law or not. I just see you seeking to have a full relationship with the Lord. We have all have had much good and not so good teachings on what we should believe and how we should act. I am tusting, no I need to change that to I know that you find the relationship with Him you are seeking for He promised those that seek Him will find Him. Not just in knowledge of who people say that He is but in full personal relationship. It is a process that is usually step by step,one builds on another. And a part that isn't easy to understand that as long as we are seeking Him it doesn't matter that we might take a step or two or three backwards, the steps are still progress because Christ is there. Sometimes it is the backward steps where we gain the most spiritual wisdom. I don't try to understand all of this because it is a God thing and I love God things.

What I have found interesting in my own walk is that even if mans teaching was not correct, the basis usually was. This is because man takes the truths of God and presentes in a way that fits their personal experiences or desires. Sometimes those desires are meant for deception, sometimes men are being deceived themselves and sometimes they are because man chose to release through his own understanding (mind) instead of his spirit. Also man usually uses mans definition for the words they read in His Word and do not seek for God's definition, this is a big one because it is effected by the culture at the time and its been 2,000 years. Only God is the one who does not change. There are those who do not agree with me, but I don't feel there can be a lie usless there was first a truth to be distorted into a lie.

Blessings,
-John-

29 Keeping it Real on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I am in Awe, of God's people and the ministry that has taken place here. John and Linda, what an absolute blessing you both are, knowing where you both are coming from, and seeing you like this is,........There are just no words to describe the joy, and the Glory of God in this place. Sad

God knows how I pray for the Love and compassion to minister to others the way you both have just done. But when I try it just comes out brassy, and God knows that's not the way I want it to be.

I'm not married, and I have no children, and there are so many things that I can't relate to on this level. This kind of loss that Linda Y is going through, I don't know what that is like.
So all I can do is offer what I have, and that's Him.

He is always there, He is faithful when we are not, and I know, no matter what we go through He will bring us out. Yarli, you are here with the most wonderful people of God I have ever had the privileged to meet in my 15yrs. of walking with Him.

All I can say is that I love you, and I will keep you before Him, as with you all. And whatever loss we suffer here in this realm, we will reap 100 fold with Him, this I am absolutely sure of. Nothing goes unnoticed with Him. May God give you peace.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

30 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:55 pm

LindaY

Long2JC wrote:to: Linda Y

For me I do not see you trying to walk in the Law or not. I just see you seeking to have a full relationship with the Lord. We have all have had much good and not so good teachings on what we should believe and how we should act. I am tusting, no I need to change that to I know that you find the relationship with Him you are seeking for He promised those that seek Him will find Him. Not just in knowledge of who people say that He is but in full personal relationship. It is a process that is usually step by step,one builds on another. And a part that isn't easy to understand that as long as we are seeking Him it doesn't matter that we might take a step or two or three backwards, the steps are still progress because Christ is there. Sometimes it is the backward steps where we gain the most spiritual wisdom. I don't try to understand all of this because it is a God thing and I love God things.

What I have found interesting in my own walk is that even if mans teaching was not correct, the basis usually was. This is because man takes the truths of God and presentes in a way that fits their personal experiences or desires. Sometimes those desires are meant for deception, sometimes men are being deceived themselves and sometimes they are because man chose to release through his own understanding (mind) instead of his spirit. Also man usually uses mans definition for the words they read in His Word and do not seek for God's definition, this is a big one because it is effected by the culture at the time and its been 2,000 years. Only God is the one who does not change. There are those who do not agree with me, but I don't feel there can be a lie usless there was first a truth to be distorted into a lie.

Blessings,
-John-

Again, blessings to you and Linda, John. There is an old spiritual that the title says, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen" but, there is ONE who does know and is faithful to give us what we need when we need it. He has done this and is doing it. Though we may have grief, our time alone in communion with Him brings much peace and causes us to praise and worship the ONE with whom we seek. None of us have arrived as I see it and there may be cracks in all of our walks but, He will accomplish the building of His temple in us. When Nathan invited me here it was to be an oasis and place of rest for those who are hungry. That is what I am. Seeking rest and I'm hungry. I may not post so much for now. I want to read what has been shared by all and I do feel as if I have come to a place of rest. Sometimes it's hard to share our walks with Him in text but, I do know one thing, I have been crucified with Christ. He is bringing me into a new place in Him and I may not have a full understanding of what that is but, I do know there is resurrection to life also and even though I am experiencing times of grief that perhaps I should sometimes only share with Him, I also know He will bring me all the way.

Please let Linda know that I emailed her and I hope I have the correct address. I sent you a PM in here and am not sure if you got it but, I went back to the forum that was started via email to get it and hope that it was the correct one.

BLessings to you and Linda,
Linda Y

Last edited by LindaY on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

31 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:I am in Awe, of God's people and the ministry that has taken place here. John and Linda, what an absolute blessing you both are, knowing where you both are coming from, and seeing you like this is,........There are just no words to describe the joy, and the Glory of God in this place. Sad

God knows how I pray for the Love and compassion to minister to others the way you both have just done. But when I try it just comes out brassy, and God knows that's not the way I want it to be.

I'm not married, and I have no children, and there are so many things that I can't relate to on this level. This kind of loss that Linda Y is going through, I don't know what that is like.
So all I can do is offer what I have, and that's Him.

He is always there, He is faithful when we are not, and I know, no matter what we go through He will bring us out. Yarli, you are here with the most wonderful people of God I have ever had the privileged to meet in my 15yrs. of walking with Him.

All I can say is that I love you, and I will keep you before Him, as with you all. And whatever loss we suffer here in this realm, we will reap 100 fold with Him, this I am absolutely sure of. Nothing goes unnoticed with Him. May God give you peace.

Blessings

Hi Scherryl,

You did exactly what you were supposed to do. We can only share what we know and there is no condemnation in Him. Bless you my sister. I can be brassy at times too, or it appears that I am. I don't take offense with this because I have had many things that He has shown you that have blessed me abundantly and we are who we are in Him. I believe all of us in here desire less of us to show and more of Him so, all is good.
Much love and blessings to you,
Linda Y

32 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:51 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thank you Sis.

Blessings

33 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 am

i m his 2 c anew

Hi everyone,
First of all I didn’t get a chance to get in here till today. Working a few 70+ hour weeks in a row, tends to get you behind in other things. So, even though I've been on vacation this week, it's taken me this long to focus on this, but better late than never!

As an overview since I already feel this is going to be extensive, I’ll discuss my feeling of what freedom is for the purpose of the title. Then, I told Nathan I had started something that Dave would be able to relate to with my past, as it sort of matches his and at first decided against it. I’m going ahead with it, because Linda has laid things out there and I too have been in a few bad places, but it was before I was saved. So it will be purely to give her and I guess everyone a background of me. However, being saved doesn’t mean you’re going to have a peaches and cream life in your new life style.

Nathan, on 8-17, you mentioned that there are keys to be had and the keys reside in the ones that have a spiritual ennoblement to see the mysteries that lie beneath the pages. The thing that hinders people of the “present day,” even more so than them that lived in “those days” are the habits they had, the meanings of words, mannerisms and other mind sets that were in some cases profoundly different than they are today to understand what was said, let alone the similes, or parables that Jesus spoke.

That being said, it is most helpful Nathan when you (or anyone else) point out what was commonly said, that may have meant something different, something done that had meaning and so forth. In fact it is said that there is nothing that Jesus did or said that didn’t have a meaning to it. So, for us on board or anyone that are like minded, to have the power to loose and bind will come easier as time goes by, especially me, as I have a certain amount of catching up to do.

“Freedom in Christ”
Now, getting into what freedom in Christ is, I would say having the knowledge of when, where and how to bind and loose along with understanding the power of the tongue. This is perhaps coupled in the loosing and binding, where we could bind up the irrationalities when we hear them by soothing the irritant and then move into blessing them. At least if it’s allowed. It would of course depend on the individual as to how receptive they are. In other words, freedom to be a “Christ light” for others to see and glom on to.

Nathan, you also mention that we have to learn to be willing to only lay our minds down to exercise this. That we wouldn’t need discipline, on that I tend to disagree, only to the point that we may be challenged by the opposing force and staying steadfast without loosening our leverage would take some discipline to a certain degree. To be willing to lay our minds down coupled with what Kevin said, “We’ll have to begin to accept our destiny” for this to transpire.

With freedom in Christ, as I said, I think all that’s been said equals the freedom that we can perceive in Christ. Mark said a mouthful in that in Adam we could never be free. We couldn’t get good enough, clean enough, smart enough, wise enough, holy enough and enough could never be enough, but CHRIST! Christ is the one who we need to lean on, adhere to and rely on to displace the adversary between our ears. So true Mark. Then comes the freedom. Mostly it’s as has been said already, that the cross freed us from law and the only thing we have to think about is spreading His “light seed.”

I have the freedom to change the attitude of a room. When there’s negativity, slander or bad feelings, I can sit and listen for a while until the right moment and start talking positive, throw in some clean humor or cheer up the person feeling in the dumps. I’m doing it all for Him. The freedom comes where I know that I know that I know. I don’t care what they think. If I did nothing but good and they don’t like it, I can sleep at night, but they might be thinking about what was said…who knows. : -)

Another part of freedom is why I’ve come to practice the recognition ofwhenever the adversary’s ever looming presence is manifesting. I then have to exercise the power of words against him, to tell him to step behind me! “I AM” (another reason this works so well is the very name of God is in the announcement) the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Therein lies the freedom to “clean house” in a moment’s notice if need be.

For Dave:
I can tell from your brief description of yourself that we’ve perhaps been woven from the same fabric. The thread that subconsciously held my heart in the slightest close to God, may have been my Grandmother growing up. Early in life I had friends that believed in God, but hadn’t a clue what God was at 10 years old or so. The age, by the way that I last seen the inside of a church until I was a broken and pitifully destroyed man.

Even though I thought I believed in God, I would kick and scream every Sunday morning. My dad was the church lover, so he might have had a hand in my at least listening to Christians later in life. Mom submitted to church, however being a homebody and one who despised arguing, had to break dad and I up every week. The reason church was so pitifully boring to me was the fact that it was a very small protestant church. Gee you can’t go wrong with the word “protest” in your religion! Rolling Eyes They eventually tore the church down for lack of attendance and we ceased in going and I’m guessing because of me, they didn’t look for another one.

Anyway, fast forward to high school where I promptly met the wrong people. However, being a drummer from the age 10 these people were the right people at the time to me, as some were musicians and I got in a band with them. The first practice, guess what I was introduced to? Marijuana. Of course I’d already been drinking a few beers here and there. By the time I graduated I was diving right into Satins playground enhancement…the bars.

So Dave, I can relate to the 1000 gallons (this 1000 wasn’t glorious as described before BTW) of beer consumed. From the end of H.S. till I was 30, I was a party hound drinking 1, 2 or more 12 packs a day for the most part. Oh there were days that I lightened up to a 6 pack. Now to add to that, pot was a main stapler every day and when really partying, the only rule I had was NO NEEDLES. I had a lot of other things and as many as 4 or 5 items in one night. Needless to say my 20’s were a blur.

At 30 I started to slow down, but then I met and married the wrong woman, who picked up where I left off. She was a bit younger than I and after we had 2 children, I started to request that we slow down. She’d complain that I was a buzz kill and she was enjoying a childhood she was denied. That was because she had gotten pregnant in her sophomore year in H.S. Yes, I inherited a daughter while I was married. After 4 years she really poured it on and to make this lengthening story as short as possible, she drove me to drinking a bit more because of her horrendous behavior.

The more overtime I made, the more she spent and she, by the way never worked. I’d get home, she’d ask for the keys and say, “It’s your turn, they’re (the kids) driving me nuts.” I’d wake up to her coming home between 3-7am. Believe it or not, this was one of the least of the problems I had with her. At one point, having 2 income properties and a nice annuity developing, in the end, she financially broke me, because she had an ongoing coke and gambling habit.

She never did anything around the house either. One of those many, many night’s after eight years of abuse where I came home from a 12 hour day just to have to do my own laundry, (I was a borderline agnostic/atheist BTW) I went to the basement with my 1st beer. It suddenly hit me. My knees fell into the heap and I wept crying out, “God if you’re there, please help me! This isn’t the life that I wanted!” I pleaded with God for a while to make things better…the God that I umm, didn’t believe in.

Then about a month later, just short of our 12th anniversary I found her with someone else which was bitter sweet as you might guess. I was upset to be had like that, but after second thought, it was the end of a nightmare! It wasn’t until after the divorce and I was already talking to the people at Quaker that God was leading me to, did I realize, hindsight being 20/20 that my prayer in the basement was answered. It wasn’t the answer that I was looking for, but better.

One Christian led to another laying the foundation to the bonfire that would soon be burning for God in my heart. Then my oldest son called me asking me to take him and a new friend that just moved in from another obscure little country to their 1st basketball practice. I said sure, so I went to get them and he told me to go to the other side of town to Blairsferry Rd. When we got there he said take a left and I asked where’s it at? He said, “It’s down the road a ways, at a church.” I said, “A Church? What church has a gym? Turned out to be 1st Assembly of God and after a couple of practices I ventured down the hall to the foyer. I looked in the closed set of doors that was the sanctuary only to find my jaw drop at the beauty of it and decided I was home and was born once again.

So Dave, for all that I...we did, you'd think we'd just be lumbering away with barely a faculty to speak of, BUT GOD had a plan for me and you and some things He wanted me to know and you too Dave. MAN are you in the right place and fisherman Todd found you! Welcome to the sanctuary!... Smile

To Linda…
The bit for Dave was in a way for you too. Not to show you that, yeah, I’ve been there too, but it’ll be for reference later…Being that I’ve not gotten in here until now, I probably don’t have a whole lot to offer you. John and Linda have both brought up great points and scripture that is the epitome of freedom in Paul’s words in Colossians 1-23 and in Galatians and John 14:20. It seems that you’re on a proverbial roller coaster ride. I have no idea, well an idea, but no specific idea what your story is. Anyway, it seems that after you became saved, it just seems that you had law driven influences pounding at you. Then there’s “They.” The they that you speak of, are a nasty lot if all they wants, is your total destruction. Is it possibly because of “they,” that you get profound insight, only to feel defeated later? By the way, I don’t expect you to answer ANY of this, they are only questions that I want to provoke and relay to you so that maybe you can reevaluate and hopefully come up with an answer. Chances are that you’ve been through this route already I’m sure, but I’m just taking a shot here.

You say that you’re NOT an over comer in your initial statement however, you say that He’s given you peace in the midst of every single trial. I’d say that you’ve done quite a bit of overcoming, but yes I know, we’re looking for something sustainable. What steals your joy again is something worse later on. Well, none of us are going to live a better life just because we’re saved and walking in the spirit. None of us have NOT got things coming at us daily. It’s at this point that we may be getting close to how to handle you problem, because everyone handles there problems in a different way. I mentioned before that I’m starting to recognize the accuser and his antics so I quickly remind myself who I am in Christ. Being that he resides between my ears, he hears it very good and well, but you have to know that you know and put the feeling in with your case. You have to believe that you’re stabbing him with the double edged sword! STEP BEHIND ME SATAN, FOR I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS!!!

I’m not going to speak for everyone else here, but it’s possible that the plan God has for you is going to require a lot of endurance. I’ve obviously had to go through a lot to get to where I am. The enemy will try to bring me back to that time and get me to ponder on where I COULD have been, had that not have happened. Now I’m not one for dwelling in the past since there’s nothing one can do about it, but the more tired you are, the more you’re likely to entertain that idea for a little while and I have. There’s always a balancing act that we have to play. Try to stay rested and understand that you’re more vulnerable otherwise.

From the sounds of it, I think you’ve sacrificed quite enough thank you. So you need NOT go there anymore. Please! You say you love. Let’s start with you and make sure that is in place. Recognize all those great qualities that you DO have. You can’t help but think about what you’ve lost from time to time, but use it as a strengthening tool instead of allowing it to slump your shoulders. Be tired of bad things happening and walk in strength! Your father is the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings and YOU, my dear Linda are a Princess of the Most High God! You are worth something! Do you know what, even if you don’t FEEL like it, there’s a saying. “Fake it until you make it.” Again, I don’t know your situation, but maybe you’re presenting yourself as a punching bag somehow for those that first meet you. I have to say, even if you do, it doesn’t sound like you’re meeting the right people. Or it’s the so called right people that are taking advantage of you. Either way…

You said, “If I have any authority whatsoever, I wish I knew where it is.” It’s in you, sister! Maybe I’m wrong here and you can let me have it later on if I am, but this reminds me of people that think they have to be poor to be a real Christian. God wants us ALL to prosper! He doesn’t want us to be poor, he also doesn’t want us being humble 24/7 either. There is a time for that, but there’s also a time to be strong, to be a leader, to have faith and to act like you know who you are Princess Linda!

Dear Princess Linda, I’m praying for a revival in you. A revival of that flame, that blow torch that you once had! I believe in you! I believe that you have to tell Satan what time it is! No hun, I don't think it should be, “If what's going on in my life is of God, then who am I to think I can fight against anything?” No, if God is in me then who can be against me! That’s the way it goes Princess.

PLEASE don’t take this as being harsh, because I’m loving you from abroad to hopefully plant a seed. I’m just trying to motivate to rotate your life in the right direction and I believe that you can do it. Take care and be blessed sister with new found freedom!

http://absolutenexus.com

34 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

LindaY

i m his 2 c anew wrote:Hi everyone,
First of all I didn’t get a chance to get in here till today. Working a few 70+ hour weeks in a row, tends to get you behind in other things. So, even though I've been on vacation this week, it's taken me this long to focus on this, but better late than never!

As an overview since I already feel this is going to be extensive, I’ll discuss my feeling of what freedom is for the purpose of the title. Then, I told Nathan I had started something that Dave would be able to relate to with my past, as it sort of matches his and at first decided against it. I’m going ahead with it, because Linda has laid things out there and I too have been in a few bad places, but it was before I was saved. So it will be purely to give her and I guess everyone a background of me. However, being saved doesn’t mean you’re going to have a peaches and cream life in your new life style.

Nathan, on 8-17, you mentioned that there are keys to be had and the keys reside in the ones that have a spiritual ennoblement to see the mysteries that lie beneath the pages. The thing that hinders people of the “present day,” even more so than them that lived in “those days” are the habits they had, the meanings of words, mannerisms and other mind sets that were in some cases profoundly different than they are today to understand what was said, let alone the similes, or parables that Jesus spoke.

That being said, it is most helpful Nathan when you (or anyone else) point out what was commonly said, that may have meant something different, something done that had meaning and so forth. In fact it is said that there is nothing that Jesus did or said that didn’t have a meaning to it. So, for us on board or anyone that are like minded, to have the power to loose and bind will come easier as time goes by, especially me, as I have a certain amount of catching up to do.

“Freedom in Christ”
Now, getting into what freedom in Christ is, I would say having the knowledge of when, where and how to bind and loose along with understanding the power of the tongue. This is perhaps coupled in the loosing and binding, where we could bind up the irrationalities when we hear them by soothing the irritant and then move into blessing them. At least if it’s allowed. It would of course depend on the individual as to how receptive they are. In other words, freedom to be a “Christ light” for others to see and glom on to.

Nathan, you also mention that we have to learn to be willing to only lay our minds down to exercise this. That we wouldn’t need discipline, on that I tend to disagree, only to the point that we may be challenged by the opposing force and staying steadfast without loosening our leverage would take some discipline to a certain degree. To be willing to lay our minds down coupled with what Kevin said, “We’ll have to begin to accept our destiny” for this to transpire.

With freedom in Christ, as I said, I think all that’s been said equals the freedom that we can perceive in Christ. Mark said a mouthful in that in Adam we could never be free. We couldn’t get good enough, clean enough, smart enough, wise enough, holy enough and enough could never be enough, but CHRIST! Christ is the one who we need to lean on, adhere to and rely on to displace the adversary between our ears. So true Mark. Then comes the freedom. Mostly it’s as has been said already, that the cross freed us from law and the only thing we have to think about is spreading His “light seed.”

I have the freedom to change the attitude of a room. When there’s negativity, slander or bad feelings, I can sit and listen for a while until the right moment and start talking positive, throw in some clean humor or cheer up the person feeling in the dumps. I’m doing it all for Him. The freedom comes where I know that I know that I know. I don’t care what they think. If I did nothing but good and they don’t like it, I can sleep at night, but they might be thinking about what was said…who knows. : -)

Another part of freedom is why I’ve come to practice the recognition ofwhenever the adversary’s ever looming presence is manifesting. I then have to exercise the power of words against him, to tell him to step behind me! “I AM” (another reason this works so well is the very name of God is in the announcement) the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Therein lies the freedom to “clean house” in a moment’s notice if need be.

For Dave:
I can tell from your brief description of yourself that we’ve perhaps been woven from the same fabric. The thread that subconsciously held my heart in the slightest close to God, may have been my Grandmother growing up. Early in life I had friends that believed in God, but hadn’t a clue what God was at 10 years old or so. The age, by the way that I last seen the inside of a church until I was a broken and pitifully destroyed man.

Even though I thought I believed in God, I would kick and scream every Sunday morning. My dad was the church lover, so he might have had a hand in my at least listening to Christians later in life. Mom submitted to church, however being a homebody and one who despised arguing, had to break dad and I up every week. The reason church was so pitifully boring to me was the fact that it was a very small protestant church. Gee you can’t go wrong with the word “protest” in your religion! Rolling Eyes They eventually tore the church down for lack of attendance and we ceased in going and I’m guessing because of me, they didn’t look for another one.

Anyway, fast forward to high school where I promptly met the wrong people. However, being a drummer from the age 10 these people were the right people at the time to me, as some were musicians and I got in a band with them. The first practice, guess what I was introduced to? Marijuana. Of course I’d already been drinking a few beers here and there. By the time I graduated I was diving right into Satins playground enhancement…the bars.

So Dave, I can relate to the 1000 gallons (this 1000 wasn’t glorious as described before BTW) of beer consumed. From the end of H.S. till I was 30, I was a party hound drinking 1, 2 or more 12 packs a day for the most part. Oh there were days that I lightened up to a 6 pack. Now to add to that, pot was a main stapler every day and when really partying, the only rule I had was NO NEEDLES. I had a lot of other things and as many as 4 or 5 items in one night. Needless to say my 20’s were a blur.

At 30 I started to slow down, but then I met and married the wrong woman, who picked up where I left off. She was a bit younger than I and after we had 2 children, I started to request that we slow down. She’d complain that I was a buzz kill and she was enjoying a childhood she was denied. That was because she had gotten pregnant in her sophomore year in H.S. Yes, I inherited a daughter while I was married. After 4 years she really poured it on and to make this lengthening story as short as possible, she drove me to drinking a bit more because of her horrendous behavior.

The more overtime I made, the more she spent and she, by the way never worked. I’d get home, she’d ask for the keys and say, “It’s your turn, they’re (the kids) driving me nuts.” I’d wake up to her coming home between 3-7am. Believe it or not, this was one of the least of the problems I had with her. At one point, having 2 income properties and a nice annuity developing, in the end, she financially broke me, because she had an ongoing coke and gambling habit.

She never did anything around the house either. One of those many, many night’s after eight years of abuse where I came home from a 12 hour day just to have to do my own laundry, (I was a borderline agnostic/atheist BTW) I went to the basement with my 1st beer. It suddenly hit me. My knees fell into the heap and I wept crying out, “God if you’re there, please help me! This isn’t the life that I wanted!” I pleaded with God for a while to make things better…the God that I umm, didn’t believe in.

Then about a month later, just short of our 12th anniversary I found her with someone else which was bitter sweet as you might guess. I was upset to be had like that, but after second thought, it was the end of a nightmare! It wasn’t until after the divorce and I was already talking to the people at Quaker that God was leading me to, did I realize, hindsight being 20/20 that my prayer in the basement was answered. It wasn’t the answer that I was looking for, but better.

One Christian led to another laying the foundation to the bonfire that would soon be burning for God in my heart. Then my oldest son called me asking me to take him and a new friend that just moved in from another obscure little country to their 1st basketball practice. I said sure, so I went to get them and he told me to go to the other side of town to Blairsferry Rd. When we got there he said take a left and I asked where’s it at? He said, “It’s down the road a ways, at a church.” I said, “A Church? What church has a gym? Turned out to be 1st Assembly of God and after a couple of practices I ventured down the hall to the foyer. I looked in the closed set of doors that was the sanctuary only to find my jaw drop at the beauty of it and decided I was home and was born once again.

So Dave, for all that I...we did, you'd think we'd just be lumbering away with barely a faculty to speak of, BUT GOD had a plan for me and you and some things He wanted me to know and you too Dave. MAN are you in the right place and fisherman Todd found you! Welcome to the sanctuary!... Smile

To Linda…
The bit for Dave was in a way for you too. Not to show you that, yeah, I’ve been there too, but it’ll be for reference later…Being that I’ve not gotten in here until now, I probably don’t have a whole lot to offer you. John and Linda have both brought up great points and scripture that is the epitome of freedom in Paul’s words in Colossians 1-23 and in Galatians and John 14:20. It seems that you’re on a proverbial roller coaster ride. I have no idea, well an idea, but no specific idea what your story is. Anyway, it seems that after you became saved, it just seems that you had law driven influences pounding at you. Then there’s “They.” The they that you speak of, are a nasty lot if all they wants, is your total destruction. Is it possibly because of “they,” that you get profound insight, only to feel defeated later? By the way, I don’t expect you to answer ANY of this, they are only questions that I want to provoke and relay to you so that maybe you can reevaluate and hopefully come up with an answer. Chances are that you’ve been through this route already I’m sure, but I’m just taking a shot here.

You say that you’re NOT an over comer in your initial statement however, you say that He’s given you peace in the midst of every single trial. I’d say that you’ve done quite a bit of overcoming, but yes I know, we’re looking for something sustainable. What steals your joy again is something worse later on. Well, none of us are going to live a better life just because we’re saved and walking in the spirit. None of us have NOT got things coming at us daily. It’s at this point that we may be getting close to how to handle you problem, because everyone handles there problems in a different way. I mentioned before that I’m starting to recognize the accuser and his antics so I quickly remind myself who I am in Christ. Being that he resides between my ears, he hears it very good and well, but you have to know that you know and put the feeling in with your case. You have to believe that you’re stabbing him with the double edged sword! STEP BEHIND ME SATAN, FOR I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS!!!

I’m not going to speak for everyone else here, but it’s possible that the plan God has for you is going to require a lot of endurance. I’ve obviously had to go through a lot to get to where I am. The enemy will try to bring me back to that time and get me to ponder on where I COULD have been, had that not have happened. Now I’m not one for dwelling in the past since there’s nothing one can do about it, but the more tired you are, the more you’re likely to entertain that idea for a little while and I have. There’s always a balancing act that we have to play. Try to stay rested and understand that you’re more vulnerable otherwise.

From the sounds of it, I think you’ve sacrificed quite enough thank you. So you need NOT go there anymore. Please! You say you love. Let’s start with you and make sure that is in place. Recognize all those great qualities that you DO have. You can’t help but think about what you’ve lost from time to time, but use it as a strengthening tool instead of allowing it to slump your shoulders. Be tired of bad things happening and walk in strength! Your father is the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings and YOU, my dear Linda are a Princess of the Most High God! You are worth something! Do you know what, even if you don’t FEEL like it, there’s a saying. “Fake it until you make it.” Again, I don’t know your situation, but maybe you’re presenting yourself as a punching bag somehow for those that first meet you. I have to say, even if you do, it doesn’t sound like you’re meeting the right people. Or it’s the so called right people that are taking advantage of you. Either way…

You said, “If I have any authority whatsoever, I wish I knew where it is.” It’s in you, sister! Maybe I’m wrong here and you can let me have it later on if I am, but this reminds me of people that think they have to be poor to be a real Christian. God wants us ALL to prosper! He doesn’t want us to be poor, he also doesn’t want us being humble 24/7 either. There is a time for that, but there’s also a time to be strong, to be a leader, to have faith and to act like you know who you are Princess Linda!

Dear Princess Linda, I’m praying for a revival in you. A revival of that flame, that blow torch that you once had! I believe in you! I believe that you have to tell Satan what time it is! No hun, I don't think it should be, “If what's going on in my life is of God, then who am I to think I can fight against anything?” No, if God is in me then who can be against me! That’s the way it goes Princess.

PLEASE don’t take this as being harsh, because I’m loving you from abroad to hopefully plant a seed. I’m just trying to motivate to rotate your life in the right direction and I believe that you can do it. Take care and be blessed sister with new found freedom!

I don't take this as harsh at all "im His 2 c anew". Bless you for sharing what you have. Some things I think are to be taken to the Lord and I should have done this to begin with, which is what I did today and He has brought peace to me again. God is Love. God is Spirit. I know He loves me and Christ has provided the way for us. Of this, I know. He even loves us in our imperfections and because of His love He will make sure that we know He has finished what He began. Whether I feel like a failure or not I know that He is not.

Again, bless you for sharing this with me.

35 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 am

Long2JC

One interesting facet of being free is that it doesn’t mean that you have freedom. Being free in the Lord is just that. You are spiritual free and are not bound by the trappings of this world, but it doesn’t mean that you are not trapped for a season in this world.

Many of us come with backgrounds that did not include walking in Christ for a period of time. The good part of that is we haven’t become accustom to His moving and revelation to a point that it is just normal and not exciting. The down side is that we set in motion actions that have reactions in this world. In other words, there are still consequences for what we have done in the natural. To be sure God will bring restoration to all that we have set in motion, but sometimes we still get to walk out the process that we started. The difference being, that we will be walking them out with Him showing us how and giving us strength to do so. Just because we are walking these things out doesn’t mean that we are still being condemned by the Lord, because we have been set free from condemnation, we are just walking them out.

I had often struggled with in understanding some of this process until I came into the realization that we were created with the ability to create and set in motion things though our mind, thoughts, actions and words. Many times I would mutter something under my breath because I thought if no one heard then there was any damage or consequences, now I understand that I set things in motion anyway. I never understood the authority I was created with and the fact that I did caused things to happen regardless of what I thought about myself. I am now gaining an understanding of why we are to control our tongue.
It isn’t about a rule or regulation, it was about protecting me from something I did not know I had been created with the power to do. Now when things come at me, I understand that I might have set them in motion myself and it helps to control my reaction to the circumstance. I can accept the accountability for what it happening and not accuse someone else. I have even found this to be freeing and less stressful. This understanding has brought much freedom into my walk.

Perhaps that clearest example of this is where Christ said the two shall become one. When I married, my wife and I became one. I now understand that when I spoke or thought negatively about my wife, I was also speaking it against me. So if I cursed my wife, I was speaking the curse over myself. When I spoke blessings over my wife I was also speaking blessings over my life. What a difference this has made in our relationship and is now spilling over into my interactions with others.

Having lived 28 years influenced by what was eventually identified as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder dating back to the Vietnam War; I have created many damaged relationships in my life, including my wife who is still at my side after going through all of this and a daughter who never knew the precious relationship of a father. God has mightily restored my relationships with my wife and daughter. Through Christ, restoration is occurring with family members and others. Talk about receiving Freedom in one’s life.

As I walk out the consequences of things I set in motion, I revel in the knowledge that I am total free in my relationship with my Heavenly Father. There are no consequences to walk out there for Christ fulfilled them all so that I could walk in compete freedom in the spirit as it becomes manifest in my natural walk. What Joy this freedom brings.

36 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:08 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I also have found this to be true John, our words have more power than what we realize, for the good or the bad. But we can only speak out of what has been in-worked within us. Kinda puts a whole new spin on the name it and claim it teachers ha?

And I agree no matter what we start by speaking negatively, The Lord is more than able to bring us out of, but after a while, we should learn to, and pray that He would also circumcise our tongue.

I have found in my own walk with Him, that when I speak positive things usually have a positive outcome, and visa-versa.

But and here is the clincher, if we have not Fully been persuaded by The Holy Spirit of a thing, then it's best to keep our mouths Zipped.

Real and True Faith in Christ is not blind, and is not a wishful hoping, it's definition, -- means to be persuaded.
In fact, Paul said that he was Fully persuaded by The Lord that what He promised He was also able to deliver.

This kind of persuasion can come only through the Holy Spirit of God. And in order for us to speak positively over any given situation with confidence, (Faith), we must wait upon Him to convince us thoroughly. And I have found that there is no other Way than through the Finished work of The Christ. As the Father reveals the Son, The Son reveals The Father, and when both are found to be ONE, it is a powerful witness and Faith builder.

Blessings

37 Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Hibbs

Short observation....Having passed through the portal of the "faith teachers" (and I do not want to detract from the truth contained in their teaching) I came to realize that it is not with our words that we overcome. If we have not overcome at the thought level, the words that we don't want will follow like night follows day.

We have been admonished to "Think on things that are pure, lovely and of a good report." We are told to: "Guard your heart for out of it proceed the issues of life" and that "As a man thinketh, so is he." We know that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and that no man can tame the tongue. It is as we believe and receive the love that God has for us that we can begin to overlook the offenses of this world and be free from the bondages of unforgiveness and recrimination. Just a thought...

38 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Long2JC

"If we have not overcome at the thought level, the words that we don't want will follow like night follows day."
I completely agree with your observation and thought.

If I look at both sentences together I see that we could not achive this by a process of the mind or intellect but only through the spirit. Otherwise, we would be able to fulfill the Law by our own means. Correct?

39 Freedom in Christ on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:58 am

Hibbs

We are told that there is a narrow place that few ever find. Between the extremes of: we have a free will and are the authors of our own destiny with our choices and our words, and the other extreme that: we are under grace and the law is gone such that we can do what we will and God will still accomplish his purpose in us; is a place where we are co-laborers with Christ. Apart from the Spirit, we can only fail but through our God we will do valiantly for it is He who has trod down our enemy. By the Spirit we can begin to recognize the vain imaginations of our Adamic nature and also begin to understand what thoughts are needed. They come from the Spirit and not from the natural mind which we are told is only enmity.

It is definitely a conundrum of sorts that the law of life in the Spirit has made us free from the law of sin and death...Are we under the law or rather, like Jesus, do we fulfill the law and demonstrate the law written on our heart? Is our heart our head or is it rather the most holy place of our spirit? If it comes from the Spirit then can we take any credit? (Recalling Paul's admonition that is by grace that we are saved through faith lest we should boast.) And yet.., are we not partakers of the divine nature and share in His Glory? I and I. I dead and yet I live. Two in a garden and one taken. Two in a bed and one taken. Which one gets taken? From one perspective, our spirit ascends and we see Him and are changed in a moment (atomos...our very nature) and from another perspective, God brings the evil side to the cross and the grave, leaving Christ to reign where Adam once ruled.

If God has opened our eyes to see, we now realize that we only overcome through love. Trying to argue a point or "defend our faith" so that we can prove others wrong produces a multitude of words and we are told that sin most surely dwells in a multitude of words. Listening to hear what the Spirit says brings us into the "higher thoughts and higher ways" of God and peace begins to rule our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus....It is then, and only then, that our thoughts begin to align with His thoughts and our words become His. Most of prayer is the process of quieting our own voice and the many voices around us long enough to be able to hear the still, small voice that leads us in peace, fills us with joy and resounds in the heavens. It is at this point that we ask according to His will and find our prayers being answered.

We have a responsibility to cast down vain imaginations (And Solomon in Ecclesiastes tells us that everything "under the sun" is vain.) When we look at the works of the flesh and compare them against the fruit of the spirit, we can identify and "measure the temple" with the rod of His word. If our thoughts bear the fruit of love, peace and joy, we inevitably make the right choices and come to the right conclusions...forgiveness, patience, etc. In other words we are righteous because we now do the right thing because we are motivated out of agape love instead of self interest. If we have not fought against the voices that say that we are better than others, that we deserve to be blessed, that "it's just not fair", that I am not recognized or appreciated, or that unforgiveness or vengeance are ever motives that should remain in our heart; then we merely continue to perpetuate the evil thoughts and intents that God says are continually in the nature of self-centered Adam.

40 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:36 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Wow, Mark that was so good, and so true.
I absolutely agree, that if we are still bound by those thoughts you mentioned, we are still listening to the old nature.

Free will is one of those things that can be argued a life time, but to me, how free are you if those kind of thoughts still rule.
On the other hand, how free are we really if we are bound by Righteousness. We are led by what we believe, and we believe according to God's Grace.

So to me to be free in Christ is just that, being set free from that Carnal mindset of Adam.

Blessings

41 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Long2JC

Excellent Mark,

42 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:29 pm

cross-eyed

I mentioned on the email loop before it became a forum that there were certain subjects that other forums just absolutely did not allow you to discuss . . .but at the time I couldn't remember what the topic was . .. this conversatin just reminded me . . .it's free will. It's as Mark was saying, you have the extremes from both sides warring against each other as if they think an "argument" will solve the differences. It's such a blessing to see you guys deal with this issue from the same place as all who have become members here . . .a place 2 rest. Very Happy

43 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:45 am

It is almost as if the Lord is leading us into knowledge of the elusive "Unified Theory." Are there earlier generations who have seen these things clearly? I am not real familiar with most of the published bible scholars. Perhaps this knowledge is not new, but perhaps it is only now becoming clearly understood? I feel blessed to know--it is new to me--and doubly blessed to be among sisters and brothers to whom this is also revealed.

44 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 am

klm4jc

Ah yes, free will. I could not agree more with how Mark had positioned it. Like Bob Dillon said 'you're gonna have to serve somebody, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody'. I once got into the great debate of similar nature with a 'once saved always saved' proponent. The challenging question was 'can you loose your salvation?' To me it presents the same argument as free will at it's core. So I struggled with this for a while until I had dream one night the details of which are not important. What was important was the message I received. In my dream I was told that it didn't matter which side of the debate I took up, it was a debate that was from the beginning and had been going on for centuries, causing division and strife amongst those that should seek union and common ground. Both sides could present arguments of support from the scriptures. I woke from the dream with the message 'you are asking the wrong question, it's not CAN you loose your salvation, it's WILL you loose your salvation' that is important. To that I had a simple answer, NO. Not because of what I did or did not do, but because of my FAITH in what HE did and does for me. He will finish the work, my job is to have faith in Him to see it to completion. Ultimately, that is why the definition of sin for me is simple, anything that is not of faith (Rom 14:23).

45 Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 am

Hibbs

I believe that there has always been a remnant but also that we have seen various truths restored during the (six days of creation?) 6000 years through which humanity has passed. Usually each truth was accompanied by a denominational campout on that truth rather than continuing to progress further into all truth. Paul tells us that many desired to look into the things that are not being revealed. Those upon whom the end of the age has come are able (with retrospection) to see types and shadows clearly because the reality (at least in large part) was made known through Jesus Christ and the church age that is coming to a close. We are so privileged to live in the great and terrible day at hand.

Joshua and Caleb saw the promised land...others have as well. The problem is that the negative report of the giants and the Philistines and the Hittites and the Jebusites and the Pharisees and the Sadduccees, etc. etc. has overpowered the truth. The first time that Jesus went to the fishing disciples and they cast their net on the other side, the fish were so many that the net broke. the second time was a different story. This time, the net didn't break. There were other boats to call and Peter swam 153 fish (sons of God) to Jesus on the shore. Only three stayed with Jesus that night in the garden and even they were not able to stay awake. We now can look at them and learn...but more importantly, there is a grace that God is in the process of bestowing through a faith that is being established under great adversity beyond the measure of former generations...the faith of God and not something that originates from Adam.

Because there are other living stones and forerunners whose lives have echoed down the corridors of time, the word of their testimony, combined with the blood of the lamb; we too are now able to become overcomers. We have the advantage of observing (through history and seeing the heroes living beyond themselves) living epistles. Even this forum gives us reflections of God as we speak through the wonder of the internet into each other's lives. As Olympic athletes learned that a four minute mile was not an insurmountable barrier, many ran faster. As we obtain greater and greater realization of who is in us and who we are in Him, we rest from fighting devils for even the storms of life obey Him. While it may seem like He is asleep in the sinking boat of this age, hopefully we are not those who need to be admonished for not trusting and believing that he has everything under control.

There are witnesses to the day in which we live on every hand. "Novus Ordo Seculorum" the Mayans, Babylon's fiscal cliff, the number of Jubilees, Harmonic Convergences of the various cults, etc. all cry out that the day is at hand. While there are many who still have the eyes of their understanding darkened, there are also a significant number whose eyes are beginning to see the light. As the day began at sundown and got darker, this day has gotten darker... but we can see the rays of light beginning to break over the eastern sky. There is a "flash mob" that will surpass all of the amazing "flash mobs" that cell phones have brought. As we wirelessly connect to others in the kingdom, the day will come when this mob will sing such glorious praise (through their lives more so than with their voice) that all will have their eyes opened and every knee and every tongue will proclaim the lordship of their Christ.

46 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:17 pm

LindaY

I have a question. Has everyone in here come to a place they have gained complete victory of the flesh? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here. I honestly want to know if that has happened so, please don't think I'm being insincere in my question.

47 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:37 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:I have a question. Has everyone in here come to a place they have gained complete victory of the flesh? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here. I honestly want to know if that has happened so, please don't think I'm being insincere in my question.

Are you kidding me? No way hun. I for one still have a very nasty habit, Smoking. But I'm not condemned anymore for it. I still have thoughts that I must cast down all the time.

As long as we are in this flesh suit, I believe we will still have things that we deal with, but they don't stand in my way of following Him. Think about the Great Apostle Paul, he didn't want to do what he did, what ever that may have been, but what was his bottom line?

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There is no good thing in the flesh, period.

Blessings

48 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:50 pm

cross-eyed

For me, the answer would be a resounding no. Yes spiritually, because for me, the completion of spiritual perfection is instantaneous. But it's the "fleshing out" of that spiritual perfection is a process due to the fact that because we're in these bodies of flesh, as such, we're still limited to the laws of this realm. Time . . .death . . .decay . . my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak. Grace fills the gap between the two. it allows me to continue on without being bombarded by guilt and shame of the times when my flesh doesn't always align with my spirit.

There are still days I'm still just an all out grouch. Just ask my wife!

I had a couple pictures I'd hung on the walls of the sanctuary at church. As far as I know, they're still there. I was out with the camera one day, just enjoying nature as the summer was beginning to wind down and I came upon my favorite place on the property where I deer hunt. There are considerably large bluffs, but it opens up to a bit of a pasture and a sizable creek that horse-shoes around the toe of one of the bluffs. It's just a beautiful scene. I'd taken a picture of this big oak tree that was over-hanging the creek as I passed by it. Then after i reached the boundary line and turned back around, on my way back through I took a picture of the same tree . .. not on purpose, it was just a part of the scenery picture that I was taking at the time.

But when I put the disc in the computer and came across the pictures of the tree, I was astounded at what I saw. Because the first picture had the sun at my back, the second picture had the sun in my face. The first one, with my "back" to the sun exposed all the shadows created by the leaves of the tree. It gave the tree a dimensional feel, it was just leaves and shadows. But on the second picture, it wasn't as easy to pick out the leaves due to the blinding rays of sunlight piercing through the tree.

Ever read in Scripture about the "men are as trees" principle? One of my favorite on that is where the blind guy went to Jesus and after laying hands on him, Jesus asked if he was healed and the guy replied "I see man as trees, walking." that used to always stump me. Was Jesus having an off day that day?

But then when I left traditional platforms, I started seeing where ALL THINGS COME TOGETHER for the Good!! Jesus wasn't slipping, if anything he was getting stronger! It was a revelation that even though the guy was blind, he was spiritually being realigned inwardly which was where his vision was truly being restored.

So, with "my" tree, the Lord spoke to me and said that when you look at another persons shadows, you've turned your back to the Son. If you can't see the blinding light of the Father piercing through them, they're not the problem, "your" perspective is where the problem lies.

So when I look at my own shadows . . .rather than become overwhelmed, judgmental or even critical, the picture of that old oak tree always comes to mind which only causes me to embrace his Grace all the more. When I see myself in his light, then I'll see others in that same light as well. We put a caption under the pictures . . .something like . . the Truth can always be seen when facing the Son . . .

Abide in the light that pierces through the leaves of your being. Shadows only manifest when you've misalgned yourself with the Father's love.

49 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm

cross-eyed

flower Ha . . .I wrote mine at the same time Scherryl wrote hers . . .

50 Re: Freedom in Christ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Hibbs

It is not in my flesh to ever have victory over my flesh. Jesus overcame and won the victory in laying down His own life. We enter into His victory by faith....the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. If we say that we have no sin, the truth is not in us and we lie....but, if...

We have been given everything pertaining to life and godliness. There is now therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. It is all about Him. When we know truth it sets us free. The problem is that we are double minded and go in and out instead of abiding.

I have been thinking that I needed to repeat posting Pogo's observation: "I have met the enemy and he is us." If we look at ourselves, the devil wins for all that he tempts is to focus us on Adam. If we maintain our focus...turning in repentance from our own __________(fill in the blank) and look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith we ascend into the spirit, the heavens brighten and we can laugh at the circumstances that moments before seemed so overwhelming.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum