APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedom in Christ

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 pm

todosan

klm4jc wrote:As you can see, many more questions versus answers. I certainly don't mean to dominate the conversation here, just looking for some clues :-)

The other weird thing on this forum is that I don't feel like anyone is dominating anything. Man, what I received today from you all was monumental. I am soooo hungry for something from God and I love....LOVE the image I had when I read that we were eating from all the other trees in the garden. Man, that brought a tear to my eye. I am going to use that tonight in bible study. Time and time again I feel refreshed reading what is written here, .... Please Silas, write more !!!!!!!!

102 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:26 pm

klm4jc

lol...yer funny. Can I come to bible study tonight? I could use a good one.

103 Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 am

Hibbs

Phil 2:5-8 "Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross."

There have been several comments that have already touched this concept. Being beheaded for the witness of Christ is not what we would choose for ourselves. Going back to earlier posts on the subject of losing our head, when Alice went through the rabbit hole and entered the land of the mad hatter, the only solution to her behavior was for the Queen to pronounce: "Off with their heads". The mind of Adam always looks at circumstances from the perspective of: "What's in it for me?" Being self centered, life is not fair, he gets no respect, offenses abound, happiness is only a far off dream and peace....forget about it.

The word Christ means the anointed of God. When you do a word study on the subject of anointing, you will find that every time that someone is anointed, they experience some form of death. Jesus speaks of this fact when addressing the woman with the alabaster box...saying that this woman has anointed me for burial. Tradition suggests that an anointed person possesses a special power or gift of God and it belongs to them. In reality, it is the nature of God manifested through a person who has experienced the cross and is on the other side. God is in charge and the whole reason for the tribulation changes. We begin to relate to the purpose of God...not driven by purpose but rather led by the spirit into our purpose. Our heavens change when we have a mind that says I have been given the mind of Christ...God if you will. I have been given everything pertaining to life and godliness. I am more than a conqueror...etc. (In other words, it is not robbery to be equal with God for we have been given of his nature and are partakers of Him.) But, rather than having thoughts of superiority or power or gifts that we can operate, the mind of Christ says: "I have no reputation of my own and am here as a humble servant so much so that I am willing to die that others might live." Talk about greater love...

Jesus knew that there was a glory set before Him and endured the cross because He was mindful of that glory. We too have been given of His glory (see John 17) but that glory can never be demonstrated through the flesh. It is demonstrated where the agape love of God's nature is demonstrated through a vessel that has come to understand that the cross is the power of God because it is the place where our fallen nature is exchanged for His heavenly nature. Once that has occurred, temporal circumstances lose their power because they must all submit to the authority of Him who upholds all things by the word of His power. It is then that Rom 8:28 becomes real and we are free from what men think or circumstances would dictate...though there be no cattle in the stall, yet I will rejoice. I count tribulation as all joy....I glory in tribulation also...etc.

104 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

Long2JC

I too tired of hearing testimonies and dreaded having to give one. Then one day the Lord help me understand that every testimony that is given reflects a different facet of who God is. With each testimony we can see more of who God is. The testimonies are like miracles, they are meant to bring Glory to God and draw man unto Him. I have also learned the importance of sharing my testimonies and like everyone here I probably have enough in the last 12 years to write a book. Our testimonies are not about what God did for us, but about what God wants to do for all of us.

What is the mind of Christ? For me is it being able to walk through this natural life from the perspective of the Spiritual reality of the moment. It is in this place that I can be at rest in the midst of turmoil, and in this place of rest I can find the strength needed for the next step without relying on my own resources. Relying on myself only brings me back out of being at rest.

Nathan got me started on reading up on Quantum Physics and that has led me to my current pondering, regarding the renewing of my mind. What I am processing is the ability to change the neuro-pathways that my eyes and ears use to transmit their data to my mind, from going straight to my mind to going to my spirit first and then to my mind. I am doing this by asking the Holy Spirit how I should be seeing something or hearing something through God’s truth before entering into my minds filters for processing. I want my eyes to see the truth and not my perception. I want my ears to hear truth and not my perception.

I once actually ask God to take my will and put His will within me. After a couple of weeks the Lord told me it’s not going to happen, so I didn’t need to ask again. Who says He doesn’t have a sense of humor.

I was going to end by asking Nathan to confirm that I wasn’t totally gone, but then I was afraid of how he might answer. Laughing
-john-

105 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 am

klm4jc

What a blessing to wake up and start reading some of these responses! We truly live in a blessed age. Think how much more we can share in the experience of God than our brothers and sisters of days gone by. We must truly be thankful for this medium (and this evil internet) and not take our time here for granted. To be able to share and speak these things together in humility and a desire for understanding is like a flood gate of heaven being opened.

"not driven by purpose but rather led by the spirit into our purpose"
“to walk through this natural life from the perspective of the Spiritual reality of the moment”
“His life within us as individuals coming together and partaking of Him”
“Is not the perfect will of God the very thing that our minds are being renewed to look like?”
“It never doubts, or gets stressed, it's focused always on "Purpose". It changes NOT”
“Could it be that 'putting on the mind of Christ' means being fully submitted to His headship?”
“it's living in a multi-dimensional experience with emphasis on spiritual status over natural realities”

And of course the right answer…..”Its a little floaty brain thingy”

These are just a few nuggets I pulled out. Thank you all for such thoughtful, free thinking and anointed answers. There are many things that have been said and I will be re-reading them again and again to try and understand where everyone is coming from. I woke up wanting to do a bible study (because I missed Todd’s) and I was able to simple go through some of these posts to get my day started right. Feel free to continue the discourse if so led. I will add to my understanding all that you have shared, line upon line and precept upon precept. We know this, to have His mind is to be Free in Christ.

John, I love the idea of exploring Quantum Physics, I was just watching a show on that. Perhaps we could start a thread that explores the insights of the natural sciences and you brainiacs could share some of the things you have discovered in the spirit?

106 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:24 am

Hibbs

Just realized I needed to revisit that last post.

"Once that has occurred"...would that it could be that simple. It is obviously not a once and for all type of deal for we are to pick up our cross daily. Paul said: "I die daily." I just think that the more we understand the process and the purpose, the more readily we yield and the more fruitful our lives become. I do look for a day when the process is complete...I do only what I see my Father do and say only what the Spirit says...I believe that day is what we have called the second coming...I just believe that the body that He is coming in is corporate and that we are all bones connecting and the same "Ruach" that hovered over the darkness in Genesis and spoke, is hovering over our darkness and speaking. As the prophet was asked; "Can these dry bones live?", Aaron's rod could bud and we can stand as one new man filled with the same Spirit without measure that Jesus demonstrated. It is for this reason that our stripped, dried rod of an almond branch sits in the ark of God, waiting for the moment when God brings His vessels of honor out from behind the veil. Oh, how I love that old cross where the dearest and best...

107 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Long2JC

What more can be said than this

"Could it be that 'putting on the mind of Christ' means being fully submitted to His headship?”

108 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:10 am

klm4jc wrote:What a blessing...

Indeed! This is quite a time that we're living in and we are so privileged to witness this. I have to share something with you all, and I apologize for seeming so "short" on these forums. I just don't perceive much of a luxury of time to collect my thoughts and pen them out any more! Like now. I've got to shower and leave in about twenty minutes but I want to get something out there as efficiently as I can.

Last night I wrote a note to Todd:

David Harreld
9:01 PM (9 hours ago)

to Todd
Hi Todd:

I would like to bounce something off you. Tomorrow I graduate from the SolarTech program. I'm at the top of my class and will likely come close to acing the NABCEP certification exam. I've also been sober for a year tomorrow. It will be time to embark on a new career. I don't know yet where I'll be working but will probably need to move and/or travel. I am seriously considering renouncing my U.S. citizenship and moving out of the country. I am not loyal to this flag. I do not share the values of this government, and hate virtually everything it stands for. I have been thinking about moving to Venezuela. I think I like Hugo Chavez. He is one of the few national leaders who has had the huevos to stand up to this government. I believe he is a friend to Iran. Venezuela is a big beautiful country and I believe I could make a home there. I will need to learn Spanish, of course. There seems to be nothing to stay here for. Hollis hasn't wanted to be a wife or to have a husband for a long time. Jonathan is 18 and going into the Army in November. Elijah is 14 and following his mother's lead. There seems to be a major attraction to defiance and disrespect. They say they would be happier without my presence. I have lost any interest in any of it.

Your thoughts?

Notice the time that this was sent out. I was writing this on my phone at the same time that Mark was posting to this forum:

Hibbs wrote:The mind of Adam always looks at circumstances from the perspective of: "What's in it for me?" Being self centered, life is not fair, he gets no respect, offenses abound, happiness is only a far off dream and peace....forget about it.

Do you think that the Lord can speak to us through our brothers and sisters? Very Happy Gotta go! Just imagine my anticipation for whatever else the Lord has for me today! I love you all so much...

109 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:42 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
klm4jc wrote:What a blessing...

Indeed! This is quite a time that we're living in and we are so privileged to witness this. I have to share something with you all, and I apologize for seeming so "short" on these forums. I just don't perceive much of a luxury of time to collect my thoughts and pen them out any more! Like now. I've got to shower and leave in about twenty minutes but I want to get something out there as efficiently as I can.

Last night I wrote a note to Todd:

David Harreld
9:01 PM (9 hours ago)

to Todd
Hi Todd:

I would like to bounce something off you. Tomorrow I graduate from the SolarTech program. I'm at the top of my class and will likely come close to acing the NABCEP certification exam. I've also been sober for a year tomorrow. It will be time to embark on a new career. I don't know yet where I'll be working but will probably need to move and/or travel. I am seriously considering renouncing my U.S. citizenship and moving out of the country. I am not loyal to this flag. I do not share the values of this government, and hate virtually everything it stands for. I have been thinking about moving to Venezuela. I think I like Hugo Chavez. He is one of the few national leaders who has had the huevos to stand up to this government. I believe he is a friend to Iran. Venezuela is a big beautiful country and I believe I could make a home there. I will need to learn Spanish, of course. There seems to be nothing to stay here for. Hollis hasn't wanted to be a wife or to have a husband for a long time. Jonathan is 18 and going into the Army in November. Elijah is 14 and following his mother's lead. There seems to be a major attraction to defiance and disrespect. They say they would be happier without my presence. I have lost any interest in any of it.

Your thoughts?

Notice the time that this was sent out. I was writing this on my phone at the same time that Mark was posting to this forum:

Hibbs wrote:The mind of Adam always looks at circumstances from the perspective of: "What's in it for me?" Being self centered, life is not fair, he gets no respect, offenses abound, happiness is only a far off dream and peace....forget about it.

Do you think that the Lord can speak to us through our brothers and sisters? Very Happy Gotta go! Just imagine my anticipation for whatever else the Lord has for me today! I love you all so much...

Wow, coincidence, I trow not. LOL

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

110 Re: Freedom in Christ on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

cross-eyed

I just can't help myself . . .
John, I am ELATED to tell you, brother . . .you are TOTALLY GONE!! And I celebrate with you for that!! I've missed your posts . . .and that goes for Linda as well!!

and Kevin . . .I'm so glad you're active here, you bring so much to the forum and I appreciate so much that your comfortable enough with us to openly share your heart. I'll never forget getting to meet you in person down at Mark's ranch in Tennesee with Karen and Sharon . . .I felt such a kindred connection with you that to be honest, caught me off guard. But it was a good thing. And I do thank God for allowing our paths to cross as the river of his life flows through you continually and waters my soul . . .

111 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:18 pm

LindaY

It's amazing to go back and read this thread. It began on Aug 20. Hard to believe how far things have come since it began and all of the changes that have taken place. God is so good.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum