APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salvation and Sinning

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:58 pm

todosan

Dude, I am totally wanting to dialog... I can't wait for a response today!!!!

27 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:58 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin

Todd wrote:The Lord told us years ago that warfare is fought from a place of rest.

I absolutely agree with this statement.......

The more we come to Understand The Revelation of Jesus Christ within us......The more we Rest.....The more we Rest....The less the enemy has to "move" us towards "Works" of our own... which is "not" His Righteousness.....and the more we come out from under that mindset........the more it leads us into The Love of God.......Which is All encompassing.....

To know The Love of God to me is Wisdom.....

To constantly fight with the enemy (which is self in a nut shell) is never wise and also...denies,  The Finished Work of our Lord........But to believe in what He has accomplished as it is unveiled withing us.... is not only Power over all enemies.......but lifts Him up to where He rightfully takes His place in us.........This is Wisdom....and it comes by way of Understanding.........

Just my two cents worth:)

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

28 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:wisdom is measured by understanding.... hmmmm.... how?    how does understanding measure wisdom?    What would be the evidence or manifestation of that?

Hey Nathan, you already answered your own question in later posts, Christ is the measure.

Take a ruler, 7 inches long, each inch represents each day of creation in Genesis One, the final result being, made in the image of God. 

Understanding measures wisdom in that Christ "IS" the understanding of the Father and He "IS" wisdom and that wisdom is within the understanding, within Christ.

The statement itself, wisdom is not measured by time, but by understanding is what was shown to me when it comes to what men of pride say, "I have been studying the word for over forty years, how long have you studied?" If I (Jugghead) said only seven, you know what his response would be, "Only seven, what can you possibly know?"

Underestimating the power of understanding is what will be the downfall of the mainline church.

DEPTH of understanding is what counts and that is because, the DEPTH "IS" WISDOM.

Amen?

Jugghead

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

29 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
The Christ in you takes my breath away......That was beautifully put My Love.....I love you

Sorry guys you'll have to excuse me...... I'm just in Love Wink

AJ

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

30 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm

cross-eyed

Yup, understanding and wisdom, Like Todd mentioned, are two separate entities but both are essential . . .and . . .neither are what the natural thinking mind has defined them to be.  Like you shared with the guy who boasts about 40 years of intense studying (mental LABORING), they measure by the natural things in this realm.  And wisdom is not a natural quality, it's a spiritual trait that emerges through relationship with the Father.  And you don't have to know Jesus for 40 years to have that happen.

People have approached the Bible like they approach any text book that contains information.  They think by spending as much time as they can studying all the facts "about" God that they'll be able to achieve the power and authority "from" God.  

Didn't Jesus say something to the effect that many will come in his name only to find that not only does he not know them, but he never knew them?  And they'll use their ministry experiences as their credentials as a means of justifying why Jesus "should" know who they are.

Yet the only way any one person could ever know who Jesus is, is if God REVEALED it to him . . .the "Peter Experience".  "But who do YOU say that I am??"  I love that passage . . .the first documented revelation that started a revolution in the new covenant.  It wasn't because Peter was a highly educated man . . .it was because he was  a called and chosen man.  Called, like many, many others . . .chosen because unlike many others, he was willing to truly follow.

Understanding was birthed into him as to who Jesus is . . .the same pattern that the rest of us have also experienced.  Because of our relationship with Jesus, our hunger for his truths beyond the noise of the religious, and our willingness to be led beyond places others have built walls and blockades.  We have been led into rooms we've never imagined, and yet, here we all are, together in the same rooms . . .just amazing.

31 Re: Salvation and Sinning on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Rosered

I love whats being said
 and have also considered the full measure of Christ being the  seven eyes on one stone  [building the True temple of God ]  those seven eyes being the  7 or complete  stature  , that Jugg mentioned above    the seven spirits of God searching the earth for those  ready to worship  and serve  Him in Spirit & Truth  

LOVE how the  spirit of the Lord s ''rest''  staying    upon Him   as is the  Spirit of wisdom and understanding go together as    does advice and power   go together     and knowledge of him and fear  reverance    go together    making  7   and agree that  one can be dangerous without the other  ,  knowledge puffs up but Love edifies
Isaiah 11

1 Then a shoot will come out from the stump of Jesse,
    and a branch from its roots will bear fruit.
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
    the Spirit of advice and power,
    the Spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord.
He will gladly bear the fear of the Lord.
    He will not judge by what his eyes see
    or decide by what his ears hear.
He will judge the poor justly.
    He will make fair decisions for the humble people on earth.
    He will strike the earth with a rod from his mouth.
    He will kill the wicked with the breath from his lips.
Justice will be the belt around his waist.
    Faithfulness will be the belt around his hips.

1. Zechariah 3:9
    “Look at the stone I have set in front of Joshua. That one stone has seven eyes. I am engraving an inscription on it,” declares the Lord of Armies. “I will remove this land’s sin in a single day.
    Zechariah 3:8-10 (in Context) Zechariah 3 
  2. Zechariah 4:10
    Who despised the day when little things began to happen? They will be delighted when they see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand. (These seven eyes of the Lord roam over all the earth.)”
    Zechariah 4:9-11 
  3. Revelation 5:6
    I saw a lamb standing in the center near the throne with the four living creatures and the leaders. The lamb looked like he had been slaughtered. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent all over the world.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum