APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Glimpse of Eternity

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Glimpse of Eternity on Sat May 25, 2013 9:38 am

A note my perfect yoke-fellow/wife wrote last night for her friends.

I prayed this morning that God would show me a glimpse of eternity...and as always he has answered and I would love to share it with you.

Today, the Holy Spirit led us to a neighborhood in Detroit where young men were playing basketball and horseshoes. As always we asked them if they needed some lunch and they all said "Yes". They were very surprised and yet very open to welcome us into their hearts. God opened the door to preach the Gospel and we asked them if they would like to pray and they said "Yes". So here we were all 12 of us holding hands and crying out to God to forgive us, heal us and the city of Detroit, and ask the Holy Spirit to touch us and fill us....perfect peace and His love fell on all of us and during that moment of prayer, we were one in Christ. His power held all of us and we realized we were standing on Holy ground declaring that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.(Phil 2:11)

Following the prayer when everyone went their way there was one, young boy, Deshawn (13 yrs) who stood before us, frozen, with such humility and his eyes were filled with tears...You should have seen his eyes!!! God touched him! Priceless! What a privilege to be the witnesses of God! He was so moved by God's love and what just happened in his neighborhood, gathering in His name, "church" was brought in! We felt an instant spiritual connection with him. God bound us in a way that there are no words to describe, you just had to be there!

Without God, there is no other way to explain 12 people in the middle of this drug-, violence- and war-torn city (Detroit), not caring what it looked like to the passing onlookers, holding hands and united in Him with the power of Jesus and his precious blood. Heaven is where God is...God is here in Detroit with the people who are torn-apart, suffering, broken-hearted, cast-aways, homeless...we got to see a glimpses of eternity in Deshawn who was so touched by the Holy Spirit that he was in a daze of emotion...joy, thankfulness, and tears. He never literally felt the manifestation of the Holy Spirit prior to this in his entire life.

Heaven is open to those who seek Him with all their hearts, soul, mind, and strength...and with their feet...and He will show us glimpses of eternity in the most unlikely places...like Detroit.

Have a restful weekend and God bless you.

2 Re: Glimpse of Eternity on Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thank you John,

For sharing this and everything you are sharing with us...whether we post or not...I want you to know we are very blessed to have The Christ in you here in our midst..

May The Lord continue to lead you to share with us what He is doing in and through you and your wife in Detroit...especially for those of us who are not at this time able to be out there as you have been able to do....

This alone gives a Greater hope for me personally to "SEE" what is To Come in and through the rest of His body....

Again Thank you very much
Artic

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: Glimpse of Eternity on Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Rosered

I second that AJ !!! well said sister , Brother John
I am blessed to have the Christ in you in our midst

we are to know no man after the flesh anylonger
and being remined of the Power of the Spirit being poured out on all flesh , just as the day of Pentacost as it contiunes to Grow and grow in truth and grace , by His Spirit God bless your moving in the Spirit in Detroit !
may the Power of God and His seven Spirits [7 eyes of the Lamb ]

rest upon you !!! 7 complete /perfect in Him

7 eyes of perciving and 7 horns of power Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders,

stood a Lamb as it had been slain,

having seven horns and seven eyes,

which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
I desire to be more Spirit filled full of CHRIST Life and much less of me .

4 Thank you both... on Mon May 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Thank you both and may His blessings be upon you...

I appreciate the warmth and openness of this fellowship. "Sow" much more can be accomplished when we all row together.

In His Love,
John

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum