You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedom in Christ

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Everyone,

I would really like to hear everyone's point of view on what it Truly means to be Free in Christ.

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 pm

cross-eyed

I know this should be in the worship file . . .but beings you asked . . .

FREE

I’M SPEAKING TO THE ROCK OF AGES
LET THE RIVER BE PURE AND TRUE
I’M CALLING TO THE ROCK OF AGES
RELEASE THE RIVER THAT FLOWS ONLY FROM YOU
TO ALL WHO ARE THIRSTY
TO ALL WHO ARE WEAK
TO ALL WHO ARE HEAVY LADEN
LAY IT DOWN YOU ARE FREE

I AM FREE FROM THE LAWS OF RELIGION
I AM FREE FROM THE POWER OF SIN
I AM FREE TO RETURN TO THE GARDEN
I AM FREE FROM THE MIND OF MAN
FREE TO WALK IN THE POWER OF THE KINGDOM
I AM FREE FROM THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN
I AM FREE FROM ALL CONDEMNATION
I AM FREE TO SPREAD HIS LOVE WITHOUT END

HE WHO THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED
LET THE RIVER OF LIFE AND LOVE FLOW OUT OF ME
HE WHO THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED
LET THE RIVER OF LIFE AND LOVE,
LET THE RIVER OF LIFE AND LOVE

3 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:29 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Beautiful Nathan, just Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing. What a gift you have.

Blessings

4 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

cross-eyed

Yeah, but I still can't draw worth a hoot. And . . .as John, Linda and Suzanne can attest . .. I have absolutely know sense of rhythm. Yes, I played keyboards and led our worship and wrote songs and played harmonica . . .but rhythm was always something that just never quite embraced me. But I do love the messages of the songs God would lay on us.

5 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
That's ok, I heard someone say one time that when they were caught up they heard music, but this is where it gets interesting...
They noticed that there was no Rhythm or beat to it, it was as a flowing river just continuously and was the most Beautiful thing they had ever heard, and thought there is no way we could reproduce that here in this realm.
This is what The Lord revealed to them about it when they ask Him why there was not Rhythm to the music.

With Rhythm there must be a beat that keeps time, but in the Heavens there is no time.

6 Re: Freedom in Christ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

cross-eyed

Well that makes TOTAL sense with me!! cheers

7 Free to be me on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am

klm4jc

Freedom in Christ, good question. As with anything in Christ and as Nathan's song pointed out, there are many dimensions and aspects of freedom in Christ. If I were to sum it up though, I think for me the freedom in Christ is the liberation we have to be who we are created to be, again getting back to our participation in the divine nature of God.

Many people like to say that we have entered into that millennial period of the 7th day where we shall reign with Christ. If that is true (and I like to believe that it is) then we must also confront Rev 20:2 which signifies that satan is bound for a thousand years. One needs only to read the headlines of the day to see that there sure seems to be a lot of demonic activity going on in the world. However, if we are in that period and satan is then bound, what is he bound from? He is bound from leading the nations astray. So perhaps during this time he is bound from preventing Father God from doing what He has been doing all along, making man in His image. Better said, he is bound from preventing us in fulfilling our destiny to be transformed into the image of the Son. God will have His way and His will shall be done on earth as it is in heaven.

As satan is bound from leading us astray, we are free in Christ to be lead into all truth.

Kevin

8 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Kevin,

I love your signature it always makes me chuckle.

I like your response, I have always thought that the ONLY thing that can bind Satan is The Truth. (This is just my understanding at this point) I don't think the scripture in Rev. speaks of a world wide event, but on a more individual level, and is connected with Sonship. And like I have said before, I also believe that the 1,000 yrs. is symbolic for the life of Adam/old nature, that we are Reigning over with Christ/The Truth. And also speaks of entering into His Rest, The Seventh Day. But that's just MHO.

Whom the Son sets free is Free indeed, .....The Truth shall set you Free.
I think this is what Jesus saw, in the spirit when the 70 came back to Him rejoicing saying, Lord even the devils are subject to thy Name/nature. Then He said I beheld satan fall like lightning from Heaven. Then He went further to explain that they should not be rejoicing over that, but that their Names/Nature is written in the Heavens, (their heavens), because of this fall. Wow, that's pretty neat, (in their New Nature), first time I ever seen it that clear before. And it happened as I was typing it out. Thank you Lord.

Blessings

9 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am

cross-eyed

Well now you've went and done it! You stirred up some waters here for us! And THANK YOU . . . I was beginning to wonder what happened to everyone. We went through the jump from email to a forum because of the traffic and then everyone kinda quieted down.

Anyway, enough of my belly-aching.

Kevin stirred me up . . . in a good way . . .

I'll just put this out there now so you know where I'm coming from if you haven't done the math on this already. But I believe Lucifer, Satan, the devil, the dragon, the serpent and I'll go so far as to throw the "demonic" in there as well, I believe they are all one and the same in that "they" are the carnality at work within all of us.

That would also mean that when Jesus was in the wilderness for the 40 days and "satan" tempted him toward the end, it was his flesh that he was rebuking not an arch-enemy (is that spelled right?)

So when it speaks about overcoming satan for a thousand years, which just IRONICALLY happens to be in THE SAME book that says we'll rule and reign with Christ for a thousand years . . . I can't help but connect them together. Time used not as a literal span, but a spiritual experience, a dimension, realm, the person of Christ himself. We rule and reign "with" him because we're "in" him and He in us.

That's also connected to what Jesus told Peter when he changed his name (identity) the day Peter had the first revelation ever from God Himself. He said, and this is where I think most churches just skim over, but he said "to those who have this direct revelation . . . the cornerstone of my church, the rock upon which I'm building my church . . .to those I give the keys of authority to so that what you BIND on earth (flesh) is bound in heaven (spirit) and what you release in heaven (spirit) is released on earth (flesh).

I don't beleive these keys to the kingdom were given to just everyone who claims they're a believer. Jesus even told the disciples "to you it's been given to know . . ." Here's the context . . .

Matthew 13
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

I think it's interesting that this whole thing was about parables. They were frustrated that he wouldn't just talk straight and he's explaining to them that they've got something other's don't have. They've got the ability to see the mysteries even though they don't "think" they do. Even when they "could" their minds convinced them they "couldn't".

The patterns we emphasize and embrace are the parables, they're one and the same. It takes a spiritual enablement to see the mysteries that lie beneath the pages of what's literally written in Scripture. Those that "can" see the patterns, are the same to whom the keys of authority are given to . . . which brings us full circle . . ."we" . . .THIS GROUP has the power to loosen and bind. That's a powerful reality that I hope we exercise more and more. it's not given to just anyone. And it's not given to us because we're super spiritual or more disciplined . . .I believe it's given to us because we're open to merely receive it. It's all due to Grace anyway. The question is, are we willing to lay our minds down so that our spirits can exercise that authority?

10 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 am

klm4jc

Hi Sherryl,

Love your comment. Since the 1000 years is really a dimension/dispensation of God's grace (David had a temple with no veil) the disciples demonstrated that satan was bound back then, I never saw that before. What is encouraging to me is not that we merely see the truth of this, but that it empowers us to walk in greater faith knowing that authority has been given to us and as we lower our threshold of yielding to the guidance and indwelling of the Holy Spirit, enabling us to purposefully walk out God's will lives. When we begin to accept our destiny instead of denying or fighting it, we begin to act as true Sons. Thus we have great joy knowing our names/nature is written in the book of life!!!

Just saw Nathans response as well. Agreed!!! Take heed how you measure these things of God, for so it will measured back to us. Let us measure the full length, width, breadth and height. To him who has, will more be given and to him who has not (measured appropriately) even that which he has will be taken away from him.

I also find it interesting that unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God, but he must be born of the spirit and the water to enter into the kingdom. John 3:5 So, one can be born again and not yet have entered into the dimension of the kingdom. Makes sense to me.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

11 Re: Freedom in Christ on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

cross-eyed

Amen!! I use that passage a lot when speaking to the salvation subject because to be morn again has nothing to do with going to heaven or avoiding hell . . .it's about being enabled to "see" the mysteries of the kingdom, and as you said, there are those that are born again . . .but not of the spirit and as such, they have eyes, but cannot see, ears but cannot hear . . .

Good stuff!! flower

12 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 am

Hibbs

Exodus 21:6 and again in Deut are two places where a bondslave comes to the "judges" (Adon, meaning highest judge...consider El Adoni) and has an awl pushed through his ear and into the door or door post after which he becomes a slave forever. Given that Jesus is the door and that in hearing we believe...and in believing we see...is this not the key that unlocks real freedom?

I am reminded of an analogy by Bill Britton, The Harness of The Lord, and how the young colts saw the green grass on the other side of the fence and chose to leave the confines of the paddock....they thought they were "free". It was the horses that remained under the watchful eye of the master that became all that they could, with glistening coats, rippling muscles and glorious accoutrements.

We never find real freedom in Adam. It is Adam that is under the curse. Authority was given to the serpent to eat the dust...is not the dust of the earth the nature of Adam? Adam can never have authority over the devil...or the voices that say we must do this or wear that or drive a certain car or conform to a certain belief system...in other words, Adam can never be free. He can't get good enough, clean enough, smart enough, wise enough, holy enough or any other enough to ever find the freedom that can only be found when heaven becomes our habitation, Christ becomes our nature, Love becomes our character and our life is hidden in God.

Having spent some seasons with the prophetic intercessors, it gradually dawned on me that there were many that wanted to "go up to the high places to tear the devil's kingdom down." The many prayers of binding and loosing, decreeing and prophetic performance that seemed so spiritual; seldom (although sometimes) produced any measurable results. Observing some of the carnality, it became clear that they were trying to "resist the devil" without the prerequisite of submitting to God. Unless and until the devil's kingdom has been displaced from between our ears, there is no freedom to go further.

Once we realize that the real enemy is self and that self-consciousness (with all of its trappings) is the focus of the temptations of the devil and that his power is broken when we become Christ conscious, an expansive view of life and the kingdom begins to emerge. Life begins to make sense (note I said begins), we begin to understand the thoughts and intents of the heart of man... and how those thoughts are only evil... until the Word and the Cross (along with all of the other weapons of Truth) bring down the strongholds that exist in the mind of man. We then realize that we are not free to fall short (i.e. sin) but that we can now fulfill our destiny and become sons of God. We can walk in newness of life...the God kind of life... and are now free from the fear of death that holds so many in bondage. Death no longer has any power to keep us bound for its sting is gone. Through death the power of death has been destroyed....That is freedom.

13 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 am

cross-eyed

Absolutely wonderful word for us Mark. I've been in some of the same circles you speak about. They went so far as to going to the highest place they know of in town to blow a shofar because they read somewhere in the Bible that shofars confound the forces of darkness . . .everything is literal with them. And they also took salt and spread it around the outside walls of the church . .. I was beginning to feel like I was a part of a cobin of witches. But you don't say anything because surely, they know what they're doing.

All of this keeps bringing me back to the comparison of when I was in my youth, I was MUCH more apt to physically wrestle with friends and family . . .just horsing around stuff. If you go back far enough, there was even a time where I dressed up and played cowboys and indians. But now . . .I'm 51 and if I were to act that way now, it wouldn't be long before I found myself in a padded room.

In the same way spiritually, the youth are much more apt to engage in spiritual warfare whereas the more mature in Christ are finding life much more fuller when they enter into His rest. Also in the natural, we never condemn a child for being a child because a child is expected to act as a child. But spiritually, that kind of gets a little warped as the older tend to get a little pios toward the younger in the Lord. Something I personally tend to do as well at times. Not saying it's a good thing, just saying I'm guilty of being imperfect . . .at times . . .the rest of the time I AM ALWAYS perfect . . . never mind . . . Rolling Eyes

(humor)

14 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:26 am

LindaY

I don't even know where to begin here. I have been to many forums seeking for answers. For some reason, they are eluding me. What is freedom in Christ for me? I see it as being free from the stress and worry over everything my mind is telling me that is against Christ and His Word. I don't have this freedom and I know it. So, where am I? I don't want fame, fortune, any of those material things that the world seeks. I want to be free from being defeated from a battle that comes at me within a few hours of having my understanding of His Word revealed to me. I'm missing it somewhere. I have very little faith anymore. I remember a time right after I began coming into a real relationship with Him that my faith was great and everything that came against me, was defeated. He was fighting my battles for me and life was great. I'm not there anymore. The older I've become the more I realize how little I know and I know Paul says he was the greatest sinner of all but, I feel as if I am. No, I didn't go around persecuting and trying to kill others. I know that He is in me and I'm in Him but, I do not feel free. I'm either missing the mark here or I'm trying to fight a battle that doesn't belong to me. It's the things that others are doing to me that I am not able to overcome. It's as if they are not satisfied to just take from me, they actually don't want to stop until they have killed every part of me. I have already felt as if I have been crucified with Him. I can remember the day it was happening. Why do I feel so lost then? Why do I get profound insight into some of His Word and then become so defeated a few hours or days later. He has given me peace in the midst of every single trial I've been through but that peace is quickly stolen from me because something worse comes against me and I'm right back where I started. I am not an overcomer. It seems the rest of you are but, I am not. I'm not able to overcome anything. Either I live in some fantasy world or I'm missing it somewhere. I don't know how to be an overcomer. There are days I come here and feel as if I don't belong anywhere because all of you seem to be moving on and confident of where you are in Christ and I feel no confidence at all.

Freedom in Christ....No, I am not sure what it means at times. It's not this way every day. He gives me strength but then I feel so weak. Sacrifice? Well, for me, everything seems to have been sacrificed. I've lost everything I once thought I was, my family, my job, my health, my grand baby. Everything. I have nothing more to give. If I could die in their place, I would gladly offer myself but, and if that's what it takes, then so be it. It was taken from me but, within everything in me I say, whatever your will is Lord, just help me accept it. I read where He is sick of sacrifices. Love, I love. I love so much that it grieves me to see others hurting and me feeling so helpless. Turn the other cheek? That one only gets slapped too. I feel like a piece of trash under someone's foot. So, to say I'm an overcomer, no, I'm not there and don't even know how to get there. I've been through so many trials and lost so much that I really don't care anymore. All that's left is my life and if He wants to take me home that would only be a joy for me. It's leaving my daughter and my son and knowing the grief that it would cause them that only causes me to want to live anymore. I'm high as a kite one moment and the next I'm lower than a worm. There is no constant in my life anymore. I don't know how to defeat my carnality. I speak His Word but there is no joy or feeling of faith. It seems like it's only a ritual. That is an honest assessment of me. I am an open book to all who meet me. I don't know what they see but, I see a book of misery over the last few years. I never thought I would find myself in this place because at one time in my life my faith in Him was so great. Maybe I was lying to myself. I don't know. I've said this same thing in many forums and many have tried to help me but, I don't know that they can. If I have any authority whatsoever, I wish I knew where it is and what it is. This is my last attempt to find answers. I don't want to live like this anymore. Humility?....I laugh when I think of that. Honestly, I don't know how much more humbled I can become because there is nothing good in my flesh. Never has been and never will be. I consider myself nothing. I used to but, not anymore and when people who love and care for me tell me to fight, I think, fight for what???? Who am I? Am I God? Who can fight against God? If what's going on in my life is of God, then who am I to think I can fight against anything?

15 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Sis,

This doesn't seem like anything new to me, it appears that your in a place that we have all been in before, where the world seems to be coming against you from every direction and closing in on you to the point of suffocation. I remember one time standing on my back porch and crying out openly to Him, saying how much more are you going to take, His answer to me was, "Everything". But what He didn't tell me, was that I would also "Receive" Everything that He IS.

Linda, you have your answers, they lie within you, you also have your confirmation through, Hibbs, Nathan, Todd, Kevin, and John, and even through little ole me. He has answered you, but are you listening, are you receiving? God is faithful always to give us an answer when we ask. Why wouldn't He, He loves us.

It's no longer you who live but Christ in you. His Soul/life was poured out. Do you really think that you won't experience this if it's His life you have? Of course you will.
The problem comes in when we take it personal, and don't recognize that this is His life, and therefore we miss sharing in the Fellowship of His Sufferings, and also miss, The Glory in that Fellowship.

All who live Godly in Christ "WILL", not maybe, but Will suffer persecution. We must put on the mind of Christ, if we ever want to enter into His Rest, and experience His Peace, which is not fleeting. But like everyone has said, in order to do that we must lose ours, and all the things you are going through is usually what it takes for us to be able to do that.

True Covenant Relationship, is an Exchange of Life for Life.

God Bless you

16 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I think true freedom in Christ for me, came when I began to understand why they placed that "Crown of Thorns" on His head.

It truly is in the Mind/Soul, where we wrestle, but knowing that He took that mind upon Himself and Nailed it to His Cross, was the most amazing thing for me to see. And now through faith, I cannot tell you how many times I have relied on that, to calm my storms.

It gives us that power/authority to cast down imaginations and every High thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Can we See Him? When troubles comes our way. Can we See Him? When the world comes against us. Can we See Him? through the eyes of faith.
Can We See Him? Because Seeing Him, through Everything, is the way of Peace and Freedom.
He gave it All, He did it All, He paid it All. All for All.

Can we See HIM, in ALL?

17 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:07 pm

cross-eyed

Amen to that to!! He reversed the curse . . .taking a crown of thorns and transforming it into a crown of gold is a great picture of how he can take this mind of carnality and transform it into the mind of Christ . . . Amazing love.

18 Re: Freedom in Christ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:Hi Sis,

This doesn't seem like anything new to me, it appears that your in a place that we have all been in before, where the world seems to be coming against you from every direction and closing in on you to the point of suffocation. I remember one time standing on my back porch and crying out openly to Him, saying how much more are you going to take, His answer to me was, "Everything". But what He didn't tell me, was that I would also "Receive" Everything that He IS.

Linda, you have your answers, they lie within you, you also have your confirmation through, Hibbs, Nathan, Todd, Kevin, and John, and even through little ole me. He has answered you, but are you listening, are you receiving? God is faithful always to give us an answer when we ask. Why wouldn't He, He loves us.

It's no longer you who live but Christ in you. His Soul/life was poured out. Do you really think that you won't experience this if it's His life you have? Of course you will.
The problem comes in when we take it personal, and don't recognize that this is His life, and therefore we miss sharing in the Fellowship of His Sufferings, and also miss, The Glory in that Fellowship.

All who live Godly in Christ "WILL", not maybe, but Will suffer persecution. We must put on the mind of Christ, if we ever want to enter into His Rest, and experience His Peace, which is not fleeting. But like everyone has said, in order to do that we must lose ours, and all the things you are going through is usually what it takes for us to be able to do that.

True Covenant Relationship, is an Exchange of Life for Life.

God Bless you

To all of you who have posted in this thread, Scherryl, Hibbs, Nathan, Todd, Kevin, and John ( I hope I haven't left anyone out). Yes, I'm listening and receiving. Please forgive me but, I'm just really grieving right now over the loss of my grandchild. I know that He had prepared me for this long before now and has been preparing me but, when the reality came and the paperwork came in so that it became final, I didn't realize how much grief I would still have.

I'm glad I was here when this took place. All of you have been so loving and caring since this forum started and I see Him in you. I need to read over all of these posts and I will reply more later. Bless you all and I'm so thankful and blessed to be here with you.

Much love to you all,
Linda Y

19 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 am

klm4jc

Dear Linda,

Wow,way to lay it all out there. Though you feel so far from where you have been the power of the Truth still shines through you. Thank you for your honesty. In doing so you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the law of love in bearing each others burdens. Perhaps your being in this place of uncertainty is purposed to allow us to test the law of love within us.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7 NKJV)

I like to think that sin is simply anything that is not of faith. So......

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8, 9 NKJV)

Your 'confession' to us allows for us to have fellowship in the light as long as we bear your burden with you and not stand in the place of judgement. So thank you for that. The light is bright in here!!!

We will all say that we understand and have been there, give consul on what to do (or not do) and try to help. Sometimes to no avail for when I have been there, other's words seemed of no comfort. In the end though our best course of action is to bring our prayers and supplications for you before the Lord, which we will do. In due season His grace shall restore you. I often find the best prayer for me in these situations is 'cause me to drink from thy wells of salvation' and then leave it up to him. Sometimes I would shake my fist at Him while praying for dramatic effect.

Anyway, thank you for keeping it a forum where it is real and where we can be real with each other.

Peace out,
Kevin

20 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 am

LindaY

klm4jc wrote:Dear Linda,

Wow,way to lay it all out there. Though you feel so far from where you have been the power of the Truth still shines through you. Thank you for your honesty. In doing so you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the law of love in bearing each others burdens. Perhaps your being in this place of uncertainty is purposed to allow us to test the law of love within us.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7 NKJV)

I like to think that sin is simply anything that is not of faith. So......

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8, 9 NKJV)

Your 'confession' to us allows for us to have fellowship in the light as long as we bear your burden with you and not stand in the place of judgement. So thank you for that. The light is bright in here!!!

We will all say that we understand and have been there, give consul on what to do (or not do) and try to help. Sometimes to no avail for when I have been there, other's words seemed of no comfort. In the end though our best course of action is to bring our prayers and supplications for you before the Lord, which we will do. In due season His grace shall restore you. I often find the best prayer for me in these situations is 'cause me to drink from thy wells of salvation' and then leave it up to him. Sometimes I would shake my fist at Him while praying for dramatic effect.

Anyway, thank you for keeping it a forum where it is real and where we can be real with each other.

Peace out,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Bless you. I hope it continues to be real in here for all of us and thank you for your prayers and supplications. From what I understand from the other posts, it's not our faith but His we seek. So, that's what I hope for. Whatever comes to me is all from Him. I have very little to offer. More like, I have nothing to offer but the sacrifice He has already made.

Blessings and peace to you, also.
Linda Y

21 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am

Long2JC

Linda

My wife, Linda Long is not on the Forum at this time and asked me to post this for her.

Dear Linda,
Your note on the forum tore at my heart. I’m going to try not to offer you platitudes. I hear your pain and have had to work through a lot of the things I hear you saying.

I have received prayer ministry for years that has helped me to realize that my pain was actually based on lie-based thinking. People – or God Himself - would offer me truth but I could not receive it because I believed fundamental lies about myself that had become my truth. It’s like you’re living in a dark room and someone comes in and offers you truth. You see the logic of the truth and the light it offers, but it quickly is swallowed up again by the darkness and the pain you’re living in.

An example of this might be a woman who was abused as a child and she has come to believe that this abuse was her fault. Now, the truth is she was a child and it wasn’t her fault. That makes logical sense to everyone but her. She can see that if her friend had gone through the same thing as a child, she would be the first to tell her that it wasn’t her fault and she would mean it. But, for her, the “truth” is what she came to believe (for whatever reason) all those years ago – that it’s her fault – and she probably feels dirty and tainted too.

There is also pain based on the truth. The woman who was molested by an uncle when she was a child faces some of that. Yes, it was the truth that her uncle molested her, but the lies she came to believe about herself are not truth.

It’s impossible to put all of this in one document. There are several ways to “overcome” lie-based thinking and I would be happy to help you take a look at that if you’re interested. Please feel free to contact me on my personal e-mail if you like. John is entering this on the forum for me because I’m not on there yet, but will be soon.

I also sense you are grieving for all the lost dreams and lost time. Allow yourself to grieve because you have been though a lot. God understands that and He can take your honesty and even your anger. He will restore what has been stolen if we allow Him too.
You’re in my prayers,
Linda Long

22 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 am

LindaY

Long2JC wrote:Linda

My wife, Linda Long is not on the Forum at this time and asked me to post this for her.

Dear Linda,
Your note on the forum tore at my heart. I’m going to try not to offer you platitudes. I hear your pain and have had to work through a lot of the things I hear you saying.

I have received prayer ministry for years that has helped me to realize that my pain was actually based on lie-based thinking. People – or God Himself - would offer me truth but I could not receive it because I believed fundamental lies about myself that had become my truth. It’s like you’re living in a dark room and someone comes in and offers you truth. You see the logic of the truth and the light it offers, but it quickly is swallowed up again by the darkness and the pain you’re living in.

An example of this might be a woman who was abused as a child and she has come to believe that this abuse was her fault. Now, the truth is she was a child and it wasn’t her fault. That makes logical sense to everyone but her. She can see that if her friend had gone through the same thing as a child, she would be the first to tell her that it wasn’t her fault and she would mean it. But, for her, the “truth” is what she came to believe (for whatever reason) all those years ago – that it’s her fault – and she probably feels dirty and tainted too.

There is also pain based on the truth. The woman who was molested by an uncle when she was a child faces some of that. Yes, it was the truth that her uncle molested her, but the lies she came to believe about herself are not truth.

It’s impossible to put all of this in one document. There are several ways to “overcome” lie-based thinking and I would be happy to help you take a look at that if you’re interested. Please feel free to contact me on my personal e-mail if you like. John is entering this on the forum for me because I’m not on there yet, but will be soon.

I also sense you are grieving for all the lost dreams and lost time. Allow yourself to grieve because you have been though a lot. God understands that and He can take your honesty and even your anger. He will restore what has been stolen if we allow Him too.
You’re in my prayers,
Linda Long

John, thank you for sending this for her. Please let her know that I will be contacting her and my tears are flowing so heavily after reading this, it's hard to write much. God bless you and John. I know that you both have been there and I look forward to speaking with you Linda.

Much love to you both,
Linda Y

23 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

Long2JC

Linda Y

You ended you last posting with this comment "Whatever comes to me is all from Him. I have very little to offer"

From a spiritual perspective isn't this all that Christ is asking any of us for. (The Widows mite). It is easy to give out of abundance, it easy to praise out of Joy, but when we are at a point where we feel that we have nothing left to offer and yet give even that to Him, all of the angels in heaven shout for joy. For you have given out of that which you don't have because you know to whom you are giving it to.

Rest assured that He knows you and loves you with all of His nature. He hears you and He feels your pain in the quiet of the night. Even now He is giving you strength and peace. When He releases this things in the spirit they have to manifest in the natural.

I know that you are an overcomer. You are on this forum and you are sharing your heart which can only come from someone who has the strength to run the race. Not only run the race but to be a blessing to other along the way.

Blessings,
John

24 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:52 am

Long2JC

This is what it means to be free in Christ to me, it comes from a posting when we were on e-mail;

1) Free from the law;

(Old Testament) The purpose of the Law was to make us realize that we cannot fulfill spiritual integrity on our own. The Holy Spirit was not released fully upon man until Christ was transfigured and returned to His Father. So the Law established written instruction in place of the leading of the Holy Spirit we experience today. To me the Ten Commandments were really sign posts that indicated that something was wrong in your spiritual alignment if you were not fulfilling them. So if you were not fulfilling the Law then you should be going before God and asking what needed to happen. In other words the Law was to draw man’s focus back onto spiritual matters. However, man being who he is, sought to take the easy road and follow only the literal meaning of the Law. Man also found a way to elevate himself in stature by making himself the authority so people would be afraid not to believe what he said and did instead of being a humble conduit through which God moved. Please understand that there were many great servants of God that acted appropriately, but at the same time there were some who were placed in places of responsibility who did not have the character to walk out their duties.

The Law also provides insight as to the Nature of God. Since God was separated from direct relationship with man because of Adam’s fall He could not reveal Himself directly to an individual in the intimate relationship we can have today.

Having said all of that, we are free from having to fulfill the Law because Christ fulfilled the Law. He did not remove the Law, He fulfilled it.

Mathew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

(Therefore (vs. 20) your obedience to the demands of God must be a far more abiding obedience than that given by those who teach and interpret that Law.”)

When we are in spiritual alignment all of the Laws are fulfilled through Christ in whom we abide.

We need to have an understanding of our human nature to see things more clearly. Man does not feel safe and secure unless he knows what the boundaries are. That is one of the reasons the Jews kept asking God to appoint Judges to decide matters here on earth. Our minds need to have distinct data for it to make a decision that it has control of. If it does not have distinct data it then looks for the parameters of the issue so it can make a decision if it is within or out of the parameters. If it does not have the parameters it will seek someone who can give it the parameters. At this point it doesn’t matter if the parameters are right or wrong, it is satisfied that it can make a decision and it can place the accountability on the other person. These boundaries are what most organizations and church are made from. If you agree with the boundaries you will be a part of the group. If you disagree within the group you will then make others feel unsafe and when they feel unsafe they think they are threatened.

Boundaries and parameters are not bad things. Creation is full of them. It’s the fact that man’s nature has decided to use them as points of control and interference. Man’s nature has made us fearful of going outside the boundaries as a point of control.

I said all of this just to explain that we were made free from striving to fulfill the law by our own efforts. Christ has already fulfilled them for us and as we walk with Him we will find that our nature is changed so we to are automatically fulfilling the laws intent by the new life that we live.

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

On to the next thought;

2) To be free means that you have to lay your mind aside;

When the Lord started to bring healing into my life from the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder it was at a point of confusion for me. All of the doctors and therapist had told me that the PTSD was not curable and would be permanent in nature and that I would need to learn coping skills.
They were locking me into a box. It felt horrible and was confusing because I knew that this isn’t what I knew God wanted for me. It was at this point that I sensed a change within me. When I went to see a therapist it was like I was walking two paths, one above another.
At first there was very little distance between the two and I mentioned this to my therapist and just gave me that look. Each time I would see them and when I was seeking what direction to go from the Lord I would see the distance between the paths growing greater. For a while I really wondered what was going on. The paths were far enough apart that I could see that I was walking far enough away from the mire and grips of PTSD that I was receiving healing in my spirit. Finally the Lord gave me the understanding that the top path was my spiritual reality and the lower path was my earthly reality. I had a choice one which path to walk, they both exist at the same time but one was operating within the confines of my fallen nature, both mentally and physically. The top one allowed me to walk out my earthly existence on a spiritual level where everything has already been completed. Walking on the top path gave me the peace to allow the Lord to sort out everything in my mind and bring healing. The process is still in process, but I am not trapped by this world. Not having to press my way through the mire, I had the strength to move forward.

It is because of the understanding that the Lord had given me about walking out earthly issue from the path of spiritual reality that allowed me to walk through the stage 4 cancer and its death assignment, as well as the extreme chemo treatment I received. I am still alive because is restoring all of the things that were taken from me for the past 35 years and it is wonderful.

It is not always a bowl of cherries and there are bumps in life. But there are times that I feel happy in the nature, but I always feel totally Joy in my spirit.

I also rejoice mightily because I know that what I have is what our Father wants all of us to experience. The explanation is just the walk I am making here in this realm.

What this pattern of the two paths has also shown me and Nathan words have confirmed is that it is essential that we set aside our minds (leave them on the lower path, to do their job) and listen to our spirit. We can learn to allow everything that comes in through our senses to be sent to our spirit first and then to our mind for processing. This eliminates all of the distortion that the filters of life experiences from our mind processing first. It allows us to understand the truth about the subject and not be misled by our mind. No matter how much control we think have over our minds as we increase in spiritual knowledge, it is really or mind telling us that we have that control.

All this leads up to;

BORN AGAIN
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
John 3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again
1Pet 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

We must die to the control of our mind and emotions in order to walk in this spiritual reality. When we do this our spirit will then send everything back to our minds to be processed appropriately without distortion. And our emotions will operate as they were meant to. Happiness can be stolen; Joy cannot be taken only given away.
This process will bring peace and remove fear. It will provide strength to walk through whatever this earthly realm brings to body and mind. You will find prefect rest in the midst of the storm.
From this aspect I feel privileged to have the experiences that I have had, for I have found this truth and it has been easier for me to die to myself because of these circumstances. I know that every breath that I breathe, I breathe because God wants me to experience Life abundant before I leave this earth. He wants me to experience the beauties of His creation. He wants to restore all that which has been stolen from me.

So for me to live is exciting and to die is exciting. What can be more freeing than this.

There are so many things in this message that have messages of their own. They all lead to one thing, the Love of our Heavenly Father towards us, Christ bringing the restoration of this intimacy and the Holy Spirit being the conduit for an active, living life.

25 Re: Freedom in Christ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 am

LindaY

Hi John,

You know, one of the first books in the bible that my eyes were opened to was the book of Galatians. I know there was a very good reason that I was started on this book because it's something I have had to return to many times. Obviously, all of you are seeing that I'm trying to walk in the law. I don't know exactly how that is. I'm not sure that I'm seeing it, by that, I mean where I am trying to literally fulfill the law to feel accepted in Him. If I am, I am not aware of it. I don't mind it being pointed out to me. Sometimes I think we are standing too close to the forest to see the trees. Maybe that's what I'm doing here. I thought I had an understanding of what the spirit of God is. I know that I have picked up many things over the years from erroneous teachings that I need to be free from and grew up in a very legalistic environment. So, I'm not surprised if I'm still trying to fulfill the law in myself rather than being able to release all of this to Him. Maybe I don't have a full understanding of His Spirit in me. There are things that I think are spiritual that have lead me into error. I know this has happened many times in life to many people and some really bizarre things can come about because of one not fully understanding this. I just ask all of you to pray for me and ask that my eyes are opened to whatever untruth I am listening to, rather than His truth. When you speak of listening to the Spirit, to me that means we are listening to the "revealed truth of the Word, the Word that is alive in us".

I can't express in words how grateful I am that you have shared these things with me. I know you're walking in peace and love and joy and I pray you will be abundantly blessed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum