APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Judah and Tamar

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Judah and Tamar on Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Everyone,

Me and Jugg was reading this morning in Gen.38 and came across the story of Tamar and Judah and we was seeing some amazing things...and was wanting to hear what everyone else see's in this....We welcome all insights.

Mainly leading up to verse :14

Like how Tamar displays the Finished work of Christ....and her decision to do what she did...that Judah himself said..."Gen 38:26 And Judah acknowledged them, and said, She hath been more righteous than I; because that I gave her not to Shelah my son. And he knew her again no more.

Gen 38:13 And it was told Tamar, saying, Behold thy father in law goeth up to Timnath to shear his sheep.
Gen 38:14 And she put her widow's garments off from her, and covered her with a vail, and wrapped herself, and sat in an open place, which is by the way to Timnath; for she saw that Shelah was grown, and she was not given unto him to wife.
Gen 38:15 When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

Fascinating things in this chapter, and a lot going on... Smile

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Judah and Tamar on Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

cross-eyed

First, would love how you see Tamar portraying the finished work of Christ?

3 Re: Judah and Tamar on Fri May 17, 2013 7:36 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Nathan,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...
I would love to share with you what we were seeing...

First of all Judah was Tamar's "Father in Law"...now when Tamar's Husband died...she was "promised...A SON"...was she not? Tamar's acts speaks of Grace....Judah's acts are of the Law....One is in the natural, one is in The Spirit

Paul says in Rom....

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Without giving to much away Tamar was bound by Law "until" her husband died...But through her actions and the actions of Onan "Who KNEW he should not give seed to her" My question is how did he know this...and why would it be wrong... right?....Onan means "Strong" or should I say "the strong man of the house"...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Tamar's SEED which she also KNEW...should be through The Son that was PROMISED to her....But when the mindset of Law is in place...it will always hold back The Son from coming forth....in this case the Last Son who's name was Shelah which means "Request or Petition" was the ONE who was being held back from her...or so it appears....but was it really?????

So what does she do? Put off her Widow's garments....and Vail's herself...To me she might as well be saying "My Husband Lives" but is being held from me....This is what Religion does, it holds back from us The Son.....so what do we do? We go straight to The Source....Which in this case is The King of Judah...The One who is The Seed....

There's a lot more in this story than meets the eye...
Right out of the gate...The firstborn "must die" as in the case of her first husband...the second is not ours either....for he is still the strong man of our house....and in this case the third son is not the Seed either for his name if you take it to it's prime root....means hell....so it is a request or petition for deliverance from the hell we are in....

And in this Tamar acts through faith...and in that she was considered more Righteous than Judah...Faith will always bring us out and into the promises of God...law will hold us back ever time....or try to...But thanks be to the One who is faithful in us....even when we're not...

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum