APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape 2 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm

cross-eyed

Origin of Revelation in Daniel (Referred to in Tape 24 in the Revelation tape series)
Before we introduce to you some of the topics that we are about to experience the illumination of God’s truth in, I would like to take some time and sort of prepare the ground in you a bit before the seed planting begins. First of all, I think there are very few people in the general church public today that have ever really questioned what we’ve been taught traditionally concerning the tribulation period or the rapture of the church. And most people are not aware of the fact that the teaching of the tribulation, a seven-year period traditionally taught in which God will unleash unprecedented wrath on this planet, really finds the basis for that in the 9th chapter of Daniel.

I want to go ahead tell you now, and we don’t usually do this, but I think it would probably be a good idea for you following this teaching to not just glaze through it, but to go back to these pages and absorb them, and go over them again and again. Many years ago, in studying the 9th chapter of Daniel where we are given this information about Daniel’s 70th week. And for those who are not familiar with that, don’t let it trouble you because I hope to shed some light for you on that. In fact, if you don’t know much about it, it’ll probably be easier for you to hear this because you won’t have to deprogram your mind from what you’ve already been taught.

It’s Not About Natural Events Now
Many years ago when I went to study this passage of Scripture, I discovered there were several inconsistencies in what I’d been taught. And I want to say this again as I have earlier about what Jesus meant when he said in the 24th chapter of Matthew as he was responding to the disciples questions concerning the end of the world. He had made it clear after he gave the seven different signs of the end of the world that it was going to be witnessed by that generation of people that heard him speak at that very moment.

That the end of the world, that Jesus meant for it to be understood, had nothing to do with some global event far in the future. But it had to do with the closing of the Old Testament, the doing away with the Old Testament system of sacrifice. We went to passages in Hebrews 9 as well as chapter 1 where we looked at some of these phrases that have been clouded in misunderstanding, as far as I’m concerned, for a long time, and began to explain to you that is what Jesus meant and also what the writer of Hebrews meant when he was talking about the end of the world or for a more accurate rendition, the end of the “age”. We went to some length explaining that he was talking about the end of the Old Testament Sacrifice, the end of following the letter of the law, and not something that’s supposed to happen in the future.

It’s Not Easy Tearing Down What’s Been There For Years
I hope that we are providing more answers than we are raising questions at this point. I will tell you that whenever you have been indoctrinated over a period of years with a particular doctrine, it’s not that easy for you to have a shift in your thinking. And I say that from personal experience. Because many of the things that I have been taught, especially in the last 40 years, many of those things I’ve come to understand may not be entirely the whole truth. It may be just part of the truth, but not the whole truth. Now, there are some things, as I mentioned earlier also, that are non-negotiable.

Unmovable Things
Such as the inerrancy of Scripture, that this “is” the word of God; that Jesus is the Son of God; that we must be born again. There are other things, as far as I’m concerned that we need to be more open to. And I’m not by any means here to attack, I think sometimes people think I stay in an attack mode, that I live for, and love controversy and that’s not the case. But instead I’ve always had a hungry heart and an inquiring mind and have not been willing just to swallow just anything. I think we ought to take the mental posture of the Burean believers that Paul talks about in the 19th chapter of Acts when he said we should receive the Word of God with all readiness of mind. And that we should search the Scriptures to see whether we’ve been taught are really true.

I don’t want that to just slip by you as some introductory remarks because that’s really important. We should search the Scriptures. I would encourage those of you who’ve been a part of this congregation for any length of time, you know it is my regular practice to say to you, “Search the word of God. Once you’ve heard me teach something, search the Word of God for yourself.” I’m not intimidated by that, in fact I invite your questions, comments and observations. That in no way bothers me. I certainly don’t feel like I have arrived at all the answers. There are some things though, that I feel I “have” received some very clear answers on.

Now, let me come back to what I started out talking about regarding what most of the church has been taught with the popular teaching. And that is that there will be, sometime in the future, a 7-year time of tribulation in which God will pour out unprecedented wrath upon the earth. That will be preceded by, the catching away, the rapture, the evacuation of God’s church. I personally, don’t see that in the Scripture. But I will temper that by saying that I do believe that the Lord will physically return to the earth again. There’s no question about. But as to what and how those events that leads up to that unfolds, I think maybe we need to reevaluate.

As I said in Daniel 9, and many of you may not be aware of this, but it is the text in which there has been a lot of debate about. And is the basis for the foundation of the teaching for the pretribulation rapture of the church

Daniel 9
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Editor’s Note
The very first verse there really cements what we’ve talked about when we were in Revelation talking about when the things there were to actually happen; if it was aimed at the generation to which it was written to? Or if it was simply informing “that” generation of the coming doom to a generation 2,000 years later. And what we concluded was, that it “had” to be referring to “that” generation for many obvious reasons where Scripture lays it out there pretty simply. But one of those reasons was the fact that Daniel was told to seal up this vision because it wasn’t for him or his generation.

Daniel 12
1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 4But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

Well, it’s happened again, I went to get just one verse, but wanted to keep it in the context, and in doing so, the roof seems to have blown off. Here’s what I see. In verse one it says that Michael stands up and when he does, Israel experiences trouble like nothing they’ve ever experienced in the past. He stands up, indicating that before this, he wasn’t standing. Look at the parallel here, Jesus was seen standing at the right hand of God . .

Act 7:55
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

That’s a picture. As you are fully aware, these are all pictures. There is a time to stand and a time to sit. Interesting that Stephen looked and saw Jesus wasn’t sitting, but he was still standing at the right hand of God. Because sometime between when he saw him standing and when Paul began to write, there was a change in the position of Christ. He went from standing to sitting. My question is, what changed? Because Jesus even says in Luke that not only is he sitting, but he indicates that he’s sitting in an eternal position.

Col 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Hbr 10:12
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hbr 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

I believe what changed was what we’re reading in Daniel. It’s dealing with the time of the end. The end of what? The end of the old religious system, the temple worship. This time of trouble as we’ve heard the traditional perspective is supposedly this massive world war that will destroy the earth, the reason they say that is because they claim that there’s never been anything as bad as what this is describing. But the truth is, what happened in A.D. 70 had never happened before, in the 2,000 years that Israel had become a nation, and nothing compared has happened in the 2,000 years after it either.

And the “that” that we’re talking about is, the removal of the temple worship through animal sacrifices. It was bloody, It was Gory. It was beyond anything we could ever imagine and it did have everything to do with when Israel called for the judgment to come on them and their children when Pilate was standing before them.

In all the battles and defeats that Israel experienced prior to this, they were able to rebuild and resume their temple worship and animal sacrifices. Since that day, they have never been able to return to that. “That’s” what Daniel was referring to there in verse 1. The reason why Michael was sitting in the first place is because this “Jacob’s trouble” happened following the ascension of Jesus. Michael didn’t need to be standing in a position of warfare on behalf of Israel, Jesus was literally there.

2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This is one that the church finds difficult to be saying anything else other than the people literally dead and buried will resurrect at the great white throne judgment and the Christians will awake to everlasting life and the sinners will wake up to life in hell. But that’s not what that’s saying!!! Look at the very beginning of the verse . . .it doesn’t say that all who are dead will arise, it says “many” who are asleep in dust . . .don’t you think if he were talking about all men, he would say all men?

But he doesn’t he says “many”. Does that mean there will only be a partial resurrection? You need to stop looking at this from a literal point of view. What if I told you this has nothing to do with the end of “this” world? What if I told you that “you” right here and now, are a part of the “many that sleep” but the catch is, you’ve been awakened and you’ve come into the understanding from an everlasting life perspective. What do you suppose he’s referring to when he says “many” (not all the people in the earth) “of them that “sleep” (the opposite of being awake) “in the DUST”?

Genesis 3
14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

Dust is us, it's our carnal nature, it's our flesh. This is not talking about the godly and the ungodly dead that are literally and physically buried in caskets, you’re looking at it from a 1st dimensional perspective, that’s not walking in the spirit, but it’s walking according to your flesh, to your own mindset and understanding. That’s not what it’s referring to, but it's talking about the spiritually dead who are being awakened to everlasting life. To the life perspective, the kingdom dimension. Everything we see now is from “his” vantage point instead of ours. Can you see the difference now?

John 3:36
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Mat 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Jhn 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Jhn 6:27
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Jhn 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jhn 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Gap in the 70 Weeks
What has been done with the traditional teaching concerning Daniel’s 70th week that we just read about there, and don’t again, get yourself all in a lather mentally. Because many of the things right now that we read, you may have difficulty in grasping, I hope will be clear in the time that we’re done. But what the traditional view has done is, it’s taking the first 69 weeks, prophetic weeks that Daniel speaks of here, most who believe concerning the end time agree on. But the traditional and popular teaching that teaches the rapture and the tribulation of the church, puts a parenthesis, if you will, in between the 69th week and the 70th week of prophecy. And, they believe that’s where we are right now with the church.

In other words, it’s as if God stopped his time-clock. That after the crucifixion, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, that everything stopped in that 69th week. How do you arrive at the 69th week? Well we’re going to come back and look at these verses in Scripture and deal with them one by one and by the time we’re finished, it’ll be much clearer to you. Now, I’m not going to belabor a lot of this and do so much historical math and do more that would confuse you than you were when we began.

There are a lot of things that really would warrant us spending probably three or four weeks just talking a lot about history. If you want to do further research, I’m more than happy to refer you to the books that you could wade through that I’ve waded through for years that give the background for this history. But if you noticed in what we just read, he’s talking about the weeks that are determined upon God’s people and upon his holy city. And in verse 24, where we just read, he says there are six things that would be accomplished in that period of time.

It Starts With a Decree
The major date that he refers to as the beginning of this period of time, starts with the decree that was given by the king to release God’s people to Jerusalem and to rebuild the city. If you had any teaching from the book of Nehemiah, you’d then know that Nehemiah was the one that received that decree from the king to go back after Israel had been in captivity for 70 years. And Nehemiah, given that decree and the king’s authorization to go back and rebuild, he did so. And in this passage we just read, is the prophecy that Daniel receives, it says it spans a period of time. From the time of the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem which was in 457 BC.

Again, don’t let these dates bog you down at this time. 457 BC, from that, from the command to rebuild Jerusalem, until the coming of the Messiah. And the coming of the Messiah was in 27 A.D. Now again, there is certainly not time for us to go into a lot of how we arrive at these dates, but I’ll give you the references if you feel the need to verify some of the things that we’re talking about. Now, let me say before we move on, from this point that the calendars that were used in the Old and New Testament, were changed. And as a result of that, there is sometimes difficulty in arriving with precision at these dates. But the dates that I’m giving you, I think, are the most workable. Now this period of time I’ve mentioned that he speaks of here that encompasses the 70 weeks which we’re going to be talking about, the rebuilding of Jerusalem in 457 BC which was the decree, to the coming of the Messiah. It was a period of 483 years.

Transition Between Jesus and Antichrist?
Now, whenever we talk about the coming of the Messiah being in 27 AD, that is not when Jesus was born. Obviously, when we see the reference to the Messiah there, who’s that talking about? It’s talking about Jesus. In fact when the woman at the well met Jesus, she went back to her city and she announced to those in the city that she had met the Messiah. It’s clear we all do see that it’s speaking of Jesus as the Messiah. Now the reason why that’s so important, is because the traditional teaching about this text is that it starts out talking about the Messiah, which is Jesus, and then it changes and starts talking about someone else who we have been taught is the antichrist. But there’s a major problem with that as well see on our progression through these verses.

Jesus Lived According to Law
As I was saying, Jesus wasn’t born in 27 A.D. When we refer to the coming of the Messiah being in 27 A.D., even though Jesus was born prior to this, he didn’t step into his public ministry that would bring an end to the Old Covenant because that’s what he came to do. Remember? He said “I didn’t come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it. His public ministry started when he was how old? When he was 30 years old. The reason why he had to be 30 years old is because that was in keeping with the Old Levitical law of the priesthood. You had to be 30 years old before you could step into the priesthood.

And we know that ministry started when he stepped out of the waters of the Jordan river when he was baptized by John the Baptist. He goes into the wilderness for 40 days, experiences the 3-fold temptation of Satan, overcomes him and goes straight from there to the temple and he asks for the book of the law and reads from Isaiah concerning himself that “the spirit of the Lord is upon me . . .” That’s when his ministry started. That’s where we get the coming of the Messiah. That’s when, in 27 A.D. for a period of 483 years from the command to rebuild Jerusalem to the coming of the Messiah.

Obviously, when we take, let’s go back to the 69 weeks . .you can read through these verses and assimilate them more later on. If we take those 69 weeks and we understand whenever he’s talking about weeks, he’s talking about prophetic weeks, or weeks of years. Remember last time when we were talking about the last days in Matthew 24 which we will go back to and talk more about what it means when it talks about the last days because every generation preceding us all the way back to the time of Christ, believe it was they who were in the “last days.” You do realize that, maybe that’s a news flash for some, but it’s true, they believed they were in the last days.

How Often Should We Forgive?
But, as I was saying, the 70 weeks of years comes to a total of 490 years. I’ve got a number of 483, rather than 490 years. Now watch this, From the decree to rebuild New Jerusalem until Jesus coming into his Ministry as the Messiah is 483, but that comes up 7 years short of the 490 that was originally set. I’ve got 7 years to account for to get from 483 to 490. Isn’t it interesting that it’s 490 years. Does the number 49, or 490 years summon up anything in you in any of the teachings that Jesus did?

How about the time when he was asked the question by Peter, how often should we forgive? What was Jesus answer? 70 x 7. And what is the sum of that? 490. Do you think that there just might be a connection there? 7 is the number of perfection in Scripture. It’s also the number that speaks of rest. So is he telling Peter that when you get to that 491st time, then you no longer have to forgive anyone. ? No, he’s talking about forgiveness in completion and in perfection.

So what really is implied whenever Jesus talks about that, he’s reaching back and taking hold of Daniel’s prophecy, and not just talking about our personal forgiveness, even though that does have application of how we should forgive one another. That we should forgive people’s imperfection by extending his perfection through us on them, as much as He forgave you. But he’s also talking about something in a broader scope. He’s speaking of when the Messiah comes, he brings complete forgiveness. Because up until he came and died upon the cross, there was not complete forgiveness.

Righteousness Filled Full
That’s why men had to go every year and offer a lamb on the day of atonement once every year. But when the Messiah comes he fulfills, or he fills full all righteousness. Remember that’s even what he said in 27 A.D. when he steps down into the waters of the Jordan river with John the Baptist. John looked at him and said I’m not even worthy to step down and unlatch your shoes because he didn’t feel worthy enough to baptize the one that he preached of. But Jesus said something interesting. He said suffer it to be so that all righteousness will be fulfilled.

Because when Jesus stepped into the Jordan river to be baptized by John, he was not doing that just to be culturally accepted, or just to identify with John. But as we were taught previously, isn’t it interesting that he stepped into the Jordan river which has such a rich history behind it. The Jordan river, if you remember, it’s headwaters were out of a city called “Adam”. The Jordan, again means descending into death, has it’s source, it’s headwaters, in a city named after the man, the first man, who fell in sin. Which is a powerful picture, as to how that everything that has flowed out of Adam has contaminated the whole human race.

So Jesus, who is the last Adam, steps into the Jordan and is baptized. And when you are baptized, it implies many things, but one thing it implies is identification. That you are identified with Christ. Well he became identified with us. The Son of God became the son of man so that the sons of men could become the sons of God. He reversed the curse. I’m coming back to the 7 years that we still have to find a place for. You do understand that we need the anointing of the Holy Spirit on this because, this is a big subject to get our arms around here.

Editor’s Note
Reversed the curse . .this has been ringing in the corridors of my mind for a week or so now. I can’t seem to shake it so I want to put it in writing for the reason that it’ll always be in front of me this way and I will be less apt to forget it. But the thing that keeps jumping out at me is the fact that it doesn’t say he removed the curse, but that he reversed it. Which would then bring a question, “what curse is he reversing?” According to Scripture, John the Baptist’s own proclamation actually, “Behold, the Lamb of God who TAKES AWAY the sin of the world” it’s clear that it’s not sins that are being reverse, but it’s the curse.

Sin is removed, but it’s not reversed. Which would then also mean that sin isn’t the origin or the source of the curse, but the curse is the cause of sin. Sin is just the symptom. What is being reversed is the curse that got man kicked out of the garden in the first place. If you understand the picture of the days of creation, you see then that the garden is a spiritual realm of God and not a natural garden as we think of a garden to be. (see the study on the Mystery of Christ in you . .tape 3) The curse isn’t even when God cursed the ground and all of that.

The ground was cursed, but it’s not “the” curse. God cursed the ground because man had sinned against God and the ground was under the dominion of man. The curse goes back to the fall of man itself. The two trees that were in the center of the garden, or the gate into the spiritual realm if you want to go that deeply into it. There is an order to everything that God does . . . He established that order when he created the Heavens and the earth. The order is, your spirit leads your soul, not the other way around. Jesus stated that he did nothing that he did not see his Father already do. Nothing was done in the natural that wasn’t first done in the spiritual.

By now I hope you clearly understand that we’re to be led by the Spirit in all things. And when we read Scripture, it’s the spiritual picture that we’re to be applying, not the natural one so much. So, back to the garden, when God created Adam, he “put him” in the garden. Adam was not a physical being experiencing spiritual encounters with God. He was a spirit being living in a spiritual realm, the garden of Eden. But it wasn’t until he ate from the tree of knowledge, it wasn’t until he made a decision that he was going to walk according to his own mind, his own thinking, his own “knowledge” that he then saw, or experienced the effects of what knowledge does, he saw nakedness.

He didn’t see God’s glory, mercy, love, unending love for him, all he saw was, nakedness. And instead of that knowledge that was now predominant in his nature bringing him closer to God, instead, it convinced him to hide from God. But truth is love. Love casts out all fear and it is also blind to the faults of you and others. The order that Jesus established was based on a platform that consisted of only two commandments, love, and love. Then, everything that was laid out from that point on, was under the jurisdiction of those two laws. They were to be dominant over law. But Adam changed all of that when he chose law over life.

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

What got reversed was the priority of life. Adam chose the tree of knowledge, and Romans 3:20 says that law is the knowledge of sin. It’s also referred to as living by the letter of the law instead of living by the spirit. But again, Scripture says the letter killeth, but the Spirit brings life. Many link the curse with sin. Sin isn’t the curse, it’s the result of the curse. Perhaps you could even say it’s the “evidence” of the curse. But it’s not the curse. The curse is disalignment from God’s original order. The order was, spirit then natural, life then law, my soul, my mind in submission to my spirit. After Adam fell now, the order is, mind over spirit. I let my head choose whether or not my spirit should receive, then wonder why when I stand on God’s Word in faith, things still don’t seem to smooth out for me.

The reality of this whole thing is, Jesus didn’t just save you from your sin, he reversed the curse of your mind being in control of your spirit. What you need to do now is, complete what you started. You asked Christ into your heart, now let your spirit be in control over your mind. When you let the work of Christ become complete in you, his order will be re-established and you will experience a level of relationship that your mind will never be able to comprehend. That’s the curse that has been reversed. The curse of disorder in the spiritual realm of the bride of Christ. He is the head, we are the body, the head controls the activity of the body. I believe, therefore I speak. Spirit comes before soul. Spiritual takes precedence over natural. End of Note

Where Does the Last Seven Years Fit?
So what about this seven years? If the baptism of Jesus took place in 27 A.D. which was the initiation of his ministry, then in order for me to get to the 490 years, or the fulfillment of righteousness, or the fulfillment in the bringing into the perfection of the forgiveness of sins, I’ve got to account for this seven years. Now, as I’ve already said to the point of being redundant, the seven years, by traditional and popular teaching has been pushed off into the future and made to be called a time that we know as the tribulation. That God “stopped the clock” at the cross and he’s not going to take it up again until the church is taken out. And when that happens, the antichrist will be manifested.

The popular teaching is, as I mentioned before, when the church is evacuated, the antichrist will be revealed, this singular person as we’ve all been taught, if you want to read about the antichrist, read the writings of John, 1 John in particular and you’ll find out that in no way does it refer to a singular individual. It’s just not there. In fact, the popular teaching, and the reason I keep using the word “popular” is because it is. Sometimes when I take “this” direction, it doesn’t make me very popular. But I’m not in a popularity contest so that’s alright.

And, if when I’m done, you go out and get in your car and say “That guy has lost his mind . .” That’s okay. But I will tell you that what I’m telling you right now as far as I’m concerned, makes so much more sense to me, and it will become clear to you in the next few minutes, than anything that I was taught all my life, with all of those long revelation charts with those real grotesque images on them and I’m sitting there with my brain skipping a beat as I’m trying to understand all of that stuff.

The Generation of 1948
You know, we can go back and talk about another key passage of Scripture, and I don’t want to make the water all muddy here, but we could go back and talk about another key passage of Scripture that has to do with the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948. How many of you have been around long enough to have heard in the last ten or fifteen years or so that when Israel was reborn as a nation, because they were scattered to the four winds of the earth following the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. and they never returned to their homeland again until 1948.

Most of the teaching we had was “All right, the Bible says when Jesus was teaching in the book of Luke and also in Matthew that when you see the tender green leaves of the fig tree which has to do with the restoration of Israel, as it’s been taught, know that in that generation, that we can look for the coming of the Lord. Well, that’s why in 1988 there was a book that was published and people gobbled up and sold their houses and ran their credit card debts up and did all kinds of bazaar things. Even at the turn of “this” century, when the year 2,000 came around, there were people that sold everything they had. Some of them went to Jerusalem, some of them even leased jets, I’m serious, they least jets thinking that the rapture of the church was going to take place.

88 Reasons, The Book
Now, I want to come back to the book that was written, did anyone ever get a hold of it, called 88 reasons? It was a very popular book. 88 reasons why the Lord must return in 1988. I know that sounds that may sound trite to some of you, but the reason why this man wrote this book, and it was a very scholarly book by the way. I’m not just making this up. I don’t have a copy of it, I used to but they had to revise it to when it didn’t happen. But the reason why he wrote it was because in 1948, Israel was reborn. So they calculated 40 years after that, which was a generation. 40 years from that, it’s got to happen in 1988. When it didn’t happen, and believe it or not, there were a lot of people that swallowed that hook, line, and sinker. Some of you are looking at me like I made that story up. Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction, but it’s true.

I’m not trying to be ugly or unkind, or make you feel like I’m just lambasting a lot of the prophecy teachers today, but most of these guys that are selling books by the millions, they’re on the New York Times best seller list, if you go back and get some of their writings from years back, you’ll find out they’ve been revising it, every so many years. For a number of reasons, the things they have interpreted wrongly, they’re trying to reinterpret and the other thing which I’m getting to for the whole 88 reasons deal, is that the math just doesn’t work.

Editor’s Note
I’ve heard Randall refer to this before, so out of curiosity, I googled it and found the article below, with many other articles saying the same thing. Very interesting stuff! I can’t help but just shake my head in wonderment when I read that every year following 1988, not just one year following, which is enough to raise an eyebrow or two, but the fact that this Pastor was so convinced that his mind had figured it all out, that even when it was obvious he was mistaken, he wouldn’t accept it and he continued his quest to sway people of his ever-changing theory and people, even so-called leaders of the churches were on board to follow the blind man into the ditch, all the while, proclaiming that “they” are the one’s on the narrow road? Fascinating.

Edgar Whisenant had been an unknown Bible student until 1988, when he wrote and distributed two books, titled 88 Reasons Why the Rapture Could Be in 1988 and On Borrowed Time. Their message was that the Rapture of the Church was to occur on the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hoshana, in 1988, sometime between Sept. 11 and Sept. 13. The 88 "proofs" of this were based on a collection of dates and calculations from Biblical and historical factors.

Whisenant had no doubts about his date, stating: "Only if the Bible is in error am I wrong; and I say that to every preacher in town." During one interview he made a declaration that dramatically demonstrated his level of confidence: "f there were a king in this country and I could gamble with my life, I would stake my life on Rosh Hashana 88." (ETV p. 93)Although many religious leaders in the US discounted Whisenant's predictions, quite a few got on his bandwagon, including Paul and Jan Crouch, and their Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN) ministry.

They went so far as to alter regular programming on September 11-13. Instead of airing their nightly Praise the Lord television talk show, they ran videotapes of prerecorded shows dealing with the rapture. For non-Christians who might be watching, the revised programming included specific instructions on what to do in case Christian family members or friends disappeared and the world was thrust into the tribulation. (ETV p. 93)
Eventually, 300,000 copies of 88 Reasons were mailed free of charge to ministers across America, and 4.5 million copies were sold in bookstores and elsewhere. When nothing happened by the end of September 13, Whisenant revised his prediction, suggesting the rapture would come at 10:55 AM on September 15. When that failed, he revised it to October 3.

Even when that date passed, Whisenant remained undaunted: "The evidence is all over the place that it is going to be in a few weeks anyway," he told Christianity Today.
After his "few weeks" had transpired, Whisenant finally saw his error. He claimed that he had made a slight miscalculation of one year because of a fluke in the Gregorian calendar. Jesus was actually going to return during Rosh Hashanah of 1989! Whisenant published his discovery in The Final Shout--Rapture Report 1989. "The time is short," he said. "Everything points to it."

This publication was subsequently retitled The Final Shout--Rapture Report 1990 and has since been re-titled yearly as The Final Shout--Rapture Report 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and so on. He continues to revise his date annually. (ETV p. 94)
It would appear that Whisenant finally gave up. No Whisenant website exists, and he and his 88 Reasons have now entered the lore of false prophecies of the 20th century. End of Edit

Spiritual Theory Based on Mathematical Conclusions
There were a lot of people that were saying also that it had to be around ’92 or ’93 because we’re coming into this new millennium in the year 2,000 as all that millenniumania was going on, that in order for their math to come out, their had to be a 7 year tribulation beginning in ’93 so that Jesus could come at the beginning of 2,000. I know your bewildered by all of this, but I’m not making it up, it’s all true. But as the clock ticked on and the year 2,000 approached, the math wouldn’t work anymore. I have men who’ve been my friends in the past, they won’t have much to do with me now, we haven’t parted ways to the point where we’re upset with each other, but they’re going back looking for ancient calendars trying to make all this stuff work. And it just isn’t fitting.

There Is No Gap
And the reason why it’s not working, the reason why I went off into all of that for you, is to say that what we’re reading about here in Daniel 9 has no parenthesis or no stopping of the clock. You will read nothing in those verses, and we’re not finished with them yet, you’ll read nothing there that implies that there’s any interruption in the prophecy that Daniel received, that from the time of the rebuilding of Jerusalem, to the coming of the Messiah Prince would be these 69 weeks we’re talking about. There’s no interruption there.

Daniel 9
[i]24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Messiah and the Prince Are One and the Same
Now, I just want that to kind of hang in the air a little bit. There’s no interruption. Now the reason why many haven’t been able to make this work is because they have taken the Messiah prince there in verse 25 of Daniel 9 and made him a separate person than the Prince that is mentioned in verse 26. The prince, they say is the antichrist. The Messiah truly is the Lord. They can’t get around that one. But they are one and the same. The verses that we have just read, are not about Christ and the antichrist. But they’re about Christ. It’s “all” about Christ.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

That causes a major leak in how this passage has been taught. Now, some of you are still wondering, “How are you going to account for those last 7 years?” The seven years are not pushed into the future, because the clock didn’t stop. The seven years are in the past. Now, if Jesus came on the scene in 27 A.D. and started his public ministry . .”How did you come to that?” I’ve read a lot for a lot of years, books other than the Bible, a lot of history. You say “well, I don’t know whether I accept that or not, it seems to me that you may have pulled that number from out of the air.” Well, I’ll let you launch on into your own study if you want to, that’s really fine with me. Come read “with” me, in fact, I’d “like” for somebody to help me. But you’ll find out that what I’m saying is true.

2 Tape 2 Part 2 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm

cross-eyed

So, if I take the seven years and add it to the 483, I’ve got my 490 years, right? Or the seventy weeks. How long did Jesus’ ministry last? 3 1/2 years. His ministry last 3 ½ years. With that in mind, lets go back and read a little bit.

Daniel 9
25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

If you’ve ever done any reading in the book of Nehemiah, whenever they were trying to rebuild the city, you’ll see there was a lot of resistance. After 3 score and two weeks, shall the Messiah be cut off . . .there’s the three and a half years that I’m talking about that represented Jesus’ ministry. Now, after 3 ½ years, it says that the Messiah would be cut off. If you look up the terms “cut off” you’ll find out that it refers to his crucifixion, his death.

1) to cut, cut off, cut down, cut off a body part, cut out, eliminate, kill, cut a covenant
1) to cut off
a) to cut off a body part, behead
2) to cut down
3) to hew
4) to cut or make a covenant

Editor’s Note
I must admit, by just what’s been said here, I don’t see the connection. To me, 3 score and 2 weeks is not 3 and ½ years, but it’s 62 years. But in verse 27, it does say that in the middle of the week, the sacrifices stop. Why? Because that’s when Jesus became the “ultimate” sacrifice. Which then does still leave 3 and ½ weeks. The reason for this insertion is to let you know, after you’ve read through this piece, you will definitely see how it all fits. But for me, to see that it was in the middle of the week that the sacrifices stop, that for me is the actual boundary marker from which I can then line the rest of it up to.

If I look at the crucifixion as the center of the week, then that would mean that the beginning of his ministry was the beginning of that week which is 3 ½ years earlier. And that’s exactly what Randall is saying. So then, if I go, without any break, if I go 3 ½ years later, there is another monumental event that fits this perfectly, and that’s where he’s going with all of this. Hang in there, like everything else we’ve gone through, this really does fit perfectly.
End of Edit

But I still have to get 3 ½ years yet don’t I? In order to make up the seven. Are you still there?. The Messiah will be cut off, but not for himself . . . he didn’t die for himself, he died for us. Messiah died for not only for us, but as us. What did all of this accomplish? Back in verse 24 . .did you bring your Bible that you can write in? If you don’t write in your Bible, give it away so someone else can write in it. There’s some people that reverence the book so much so that they think that they can’t write in it. You need to find one that you can write in. (dry humor)

It’s not the word of God just because it’s black ink on white pages, it becomes the Word of God when it lives in you. The letter killeth, but the spirit gives life. So get yourself something that you can write in. I mean you ought to see my Bibles, it’s pitiful.

70 Weeks Determined Upon Who?
Anyway, there are six things here that the Messiah came to accomplish, going back it states that “70 weeks are determined upon “thy” people.” That’s an important thing there. What people? “Thy” people. Who’s writing this? Daniel. Daniel is a prophet among the people of Israel, among the Jewish people, right? “70 weeks are determined upon . .”your people” Daniel.” For what purpose? Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city There’s another one we don’t want to just glaze over. What is the holy city? Jerusalem.

Hear are the reasons . . .to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make reconciliation for iniquity, to bring an everlasting righteousness, , to seal up (affix a seal upon, or to affirm) the vision and prophecy, and lastly, to anoint the most holy. Those six things, in 70 weeks will be done. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Jesus “Fulfilled” the 6 Requirements of the Prophecy “Then”.
The first of these things mentioned, were indeed, accomplished when Jesus went to the cross. In that 3 ½ period of time of Jesus ministry leading up to the cross, they were accomplished. When Jesus came, were the transgressions accomplished? Yes, Did he make an end of sins? Did he make reconciliation for iniquity? Did he bring everlasting righteousness? Did he anoint the most holy? What does that mean? Whenever a priest would go in, prior to the coming of Jesus, he would go in and sprinkle blood upon the mercy seat for the sins of Israel, but when Jesus died on the cross and said “it is finished.” What happened? The veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom. Because he didn’t “bring” the sacrifice, he “was” the sacrifice.

From Outward Works to Inward Rest I LOVE THAT!!!
He was what the sacrifices had testified of. So he anointed or consecrated the holy place. Now, that’s not only true in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy concerning the temple, but the greater truth is, he anointed “this” holy place. Meaning every one of us, are we not “temple’s of the Holy Ghost?” Because now it’s moved from outward works, to inward rest. Now, all of that’s been completed in the past then. All that is, as we say, is a done deal.

And he did that in the first 3 ½ years, but there’s still another 3 ½ years we need to account for yet. So, if the Messiah was cut off in the middle of the week, and he said that 70 weeks have to be completed as it relates to him still extending forgiveness to the nation of Israel for their rejection of him as the Messiah. He extended complete forgiveness even unto them. He came unto his own and his own received him not . . The Jewish nation, they were the ones that stood out there when Pilate was giving them an option. But they said “crucify him!” But what else did they say? “His blood be upon us and upon our children” Because when they asked for that, that’s what they got. One generation later, after that decree from their own mouths, one generation later in 70 A.D. The temple that they brought Jesus out, that we saw at the beginning of Matthew 24, to show him the stones of the temple and he stated “not one stone will be left on top of the other. This whole place is going to be desolate.

In 70 A.D. it happened and the temple was leveled to the ground except for that one wall that they still cling to today. But then, the whole city was set on fire. Over one million Jews, Josephus says in his book about the wars of the Jews, over one million Jews were slaughtered. The sea of Galilee was littered with the dead bodies of the Jewish people. So much so that it literally turned red, it turned to blood.

Looking At the Book of Acts
The book of Acts opens like this . . .The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Now, for those of you who are not familiar with the book of Acts, the first seven chapters deal with the taking of the gospel to what people group? Not the Gentiles. What happened on the day of Pentecost? There were Jewish people there from 13 different parts of the world. The spirit of God began to pour out, they began to speak in other tongues, the comment was that they were drunk with wine. Peter stood up and said “these men aren’t drunk with wine as you suppose seeing it is but the third hour of the day, but this is that which was spoken of by the Prophet Joel in the “last days” I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh

Remember that? They said “how is it that these men speak in our tongue and we know they’re Judean . .” that happened in Acts chapter 2. In Acts 3, three thousand people are born again in one shot. But they’re all Jewish still. Because we’re still in that three and a half year period of time when God is extending his forgiveness still because the 490 years has not yet been completed.

Same thing happens in chapter 5. The Jewish people are converted, now by the thousands, because Scripture refers to them as multitudes, they can’t account for them all. But something interesting happens in chapter 7. Because the persecution, now watch this, we’re accounting for the last 3 ½ years. The persecution of the Christians became so intense by the Jewish people that it escalates to a point that they kill a man and stone him to death. You remember his name? Stephen. Scripture is even careful to make sure you realize “this was the first martyr for Christ”.

Are You Truly In Christ?
What happens in chapter 8? We ought to thumb over there in chapter 8 and read what it was that Stephen said. He stands up and tells them that what had been prophesied, concerning their rejection of the Messiah, was coming upon them, that the judgment of God was coming upon them. Remember Jesus said, the kingdom of God is going to be taken away from you, he’s talking to the Jewish nation, Let me just pause here long enough to tell you, please, I’m not anti-Semitic. But I can settle something for you right now. For everybody that is so enamored with the natural Jew, it’s unhealthy. Because in Christ there is neither male nor female, bond or free, Jew nor Greek. In Christ..

The Jewish nation certainly were a peculiar people, the treasure of God and they were given the responsibility of being the custodian of the Scriptures and they are the seed through with the Messiah came. But when they rejected him as a nation . . .”Are you saying God doesn’t love the Jewish people?” No, he loves Jewish people, Turkish people, Italian people, he loves people of all ethnic backgrounds. It is not a Jewish issue anymore. In fact the Bible clearly says in Romans 9 that he who is a Jew is not one outwardly, but one inwardly. But he’s still giving them what was prophesied by Daniel. He’s going to complete that 490 years.

The End of the 70 Weeks
But when we come to the end of that last 3 ½ year period of time that is spoken of in . .well it’s not spoken of specifically in Acts 7, but you do see it unfold. Stephen stands up and the persecution has reached the point where they are actually going to kill this man here, the Jewish people are, these Christians turn on him and stone him to death. In chapter 8 there’s a major turn, a major shift. And it is at “that” point that the gospel changes it’s course and is now given to the Gentiles for the first time. That’s why he said “the kingdom is going to be taken away from you and given to another people.

Matthew 21
40"Now, when the owner of the vineyard arrives home from his trip, what do you think he will do to the farmhands?" 41"He'll kill them—a rotten bunch, and good riddance," they answered. "Then he'll assign the vineyard to farmhands who will hand over the profits when it's time." 42-44Jesus said, "Right—and you can read it for yourselves in your Bibles: The stone the masons threw out
is now the cornerstone. This is God's work; we rub our eyes, we can hardly believe it!
"This is the way it is with you. God's kingdom will be taken back from you and handed over to a people who will live out a kingdom life. Whoever stumbles on this Stone gets shattered; whoever the Stone falls on gets smashed."

What happens when Stephen is then stoned to death? He sees Jesus. He takes on a glowing countenance and he sees into the spirit and Jesus is standing at the right hand of the Father. That shows you there is something that is major that’s shifting in the heavens. Chapter 8, the spirit of God is poured out on the Gentiles. Chapter 9, Saul, who becomes Paul, remember him? Chapter 10, the Holy Ghost is poured out to Cornelius. And it goes on and it spreads. Now we have the seven years.

Editor’s Note
I came across this a while back in Acts of what Stephen actually saw when he looked up and saw Jesus. Remember the posture Jesus was in?

Acts 6
9Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. 10And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake. 11Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. 12And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, 13And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law: 14For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.
15And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

Acts 7
55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 57Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

Okay, there is something happening here that you’d never see if you’re just casually reading through this. But if you’re searching for truths in the midst of patterns, a flag comes up when I see a picture of Christ standing. Did he not say at the cross that “it is finished”? If it is finished, then why is he not sitting? Interestingly, there is a passage “before” this event where it does say he is sitting. It’s in Mark

Mark 16
15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

So we see that immediately after Jesus ascended, he sat. It’s a picture of finished work. But then when Stephen looks up, he’s not sitting but he’s standing. I have seen this before, but didn’t understand it until now “why” Jesus would be sitting, then standing. The reason he was sitting first was because “his” work was complete. I believe the reason why he was then standing was because the day Stephen was stoned, was the day the time of the Jews was also complete and now the time of the Gentiles had begun. But even after all that, it causes me to raise the question what’s he doing now? Standing? Or Sitting?

Colossians 3
1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

When Christ returns to the realm of the Spirit, he rests from his labor because as he said, it is finished. But then the fulfillment of the prophecy given to Daniel is revealed and He’s seen standing as yet another piece to the plan of God unfolds exactly as he said it would. Afterwards, Jesus is again seated. Perhaps he was standing again when Israel ceased to exist as a nation in A.D. 70 as that was another prophecy that he himself gave in Matthew 24 and it’s dealing with the same thing Daniel was dealing with, the removal of a religious system and the establishing of a spiritual one.

In any case, seeing what happened with Stephen as being more than just the first martyr truly answers many questions. The last week that the church is trying to cram into their theological program is not a 7 year tribulation that is supposed to still be coming. But that last week of years actually began at the Jordan river with Jesus ministry, and it ended when the Jews murdered Stephen, the first martyr of the church Jesus gave birth to. It ended the era offering salvation to just the Jews and it began the day of the Gentiles.

In Acts 8, Stephen was buried, in Acts 10 Peter sees the sheet lowered from heaven and the angels visit Cornelius who was a Gentile. The completion of that experience was the first time the Holy Spirit was given to the Gentiles. Remember reading that? Peter was really concerned about getting caught having a structured meeting with Gentiles, it was against his religion. Between Acts 8 and 10, there is a narration of Paul’s transformation and training, preparing him for the ministry to the Gentiles that breaks out in chapter 10 I never really realized how much the book of Acts is a documented account of the transition from Jews to Gentiles. It was the end of the 70 weeks determined to the Jews as Daniel 9:24 decreed.
End of Edit

So in terms of how this has been pushed in the future, it’s not in the future, it’s in the past. “You don’t believe there’s going to be a tribulation?” Yes, I believe there has been, there is right now, and there will be. Because Jesus said, not me, but Jesus said, in – this- world, you will have tribulation. Paul says in Acts that it’s by much tribulation that you enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Tribulation Not Happening Now?
What I hope I’ve done in some way here that I’ve caused you to reexamine what you’ve been taught about the tribulation being confined to a seven year period. Because it’s just not there. It’s just not in the Bible. In fact, you take the message that we’ve been taught all our lives to some third-world country, where they’ve been disconnected to a lot of the things that we’ve been taught all our lives, and you start talking to them about a tribulation in the future . .you tell them they’re not in tribulation right now?

Go to Somalia, or the Sudan, you go to other places like these around the world that have been torn by wars and rumors of wars and pestilence, you say “But Matthew 24 says that Jesus said all these things would happen . .” Yes, he said “this generation is going to see wars, rumors of wars, nations rising against nation famines, pestilence, earthquakes,” But guess what, you can find all of that in the book of Acts. And “that” generation witnessed it. There were earthquakes in the Book of Acts, there were famines in the book of Acts. There were wars in the book of Acts as well. That’s not “out there”.

Need to Understand What It Meant to Them Then
All of us have thought . . .I’m 43 years old, when I was a little kid, I was taught whenever there would be a war break out somewhere, or whenever there was some earthquake that hit some part of the world, everybody would get really jumpy and start declaring the coming of the Lord. Listen, every generation before us has had that. Don’t every forget this, and I know I’ll wear you out with it, “you can’t ever understand what the Bible means, I don’t care if you’re in Genesis or Revelation, or anywhere in between, you can’t ever understand what it means to you now, until you first understand what it meant to them then.

When you understand what it meant to them then, only then can you rightfully interpret what it means to you now. Otherwise, without realizing it, you approach the Bible with a generational pride, thinking that you’re alive in the most important generation that’s ever been on the planet. And so you interpret everything through that lens. Major mistake.

Editor’s Note
Okay, I was going to do this earlier and change my mind because I didn’t want to trail off on another can of worms, but then he opened this other can of worms so I’m going to open my can with his and see if there are any similarities. Much of what’s being said here is dealing with the fact that because one has lenses that are not clear or accurate, that everything that wearer of the defiled lenses sees is then altered from what’s true. With that I would like to propose the idea of us preaching to the ends of the earth as being taken out of context as well. I just found this while pulling up this passage for a reference to another topic.

Mark 16
15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

That all sounds pretty straight forward right? Well, let me ask you “to whom is he speaking to?” To them right? Who’s them? His disciples. Not to us, but to them. Okay, does this passage not affect me? Of course it does, you are the recipient of those that believed on the message his disciples were spreading so everything from verse 16 on does indeed refer to us. This is going to come off sounding the opposite of what it appears to be saying, but I don’t think that this “Preach the gospel to all the world” is aimed at us, I think that piece of it was aimed at them. Why? Because not only does it say he was charging this to them, but look at verse 20, it says “And they did it.” He said “go preach to the world” and they went and “preached to the world”.

Matthew records it this way
Matthew 28
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

There are two “thems” here, the first “them” is speaking again of his disciples, the second “them” is speaking of those who respond to the call of the first “them.” My point in this is not the fact that I’m trying to get out of being a testimony, Acts tells us that when the Holy Ghost comes upon you, you will receive power to “be” my witnesses. “That” applies to them directly, and also to me because it’s the same Holy Ghost in me that came into them. But my point is that the church takes things that are not intended to be directed to them and they make a creed out of it for everyone to conform to.

What if I am physically not capable to go to the ends of the world to preach the gospel? What if I don’t have the means? “Well, that’s fine, if you can’t go, you can send your money with someone who can go.” Sound familiar? So now, not only can’t I go, but I can’t give to those in need that God sent me here because you took my money to go with you there. Am I to teach the nations? Sure, if the opportunity presents itself, take it. But don’t make it a monumental decree for every believer to conform to. That’s really all I’m saying in all of this. “Balance”
End of Edit

Now, we’ve already referred to this but, once that 7 years was completed, which brings us the to culmination of the 490 years that Daniel saw, God turns his heart, not away from the Jewish people, they had to come to God like everybody else. “You must be born again . . .” it doesn’t make any difference what your pedigree is, that refers to everyone. In fact Paul put it real clearly and was very stout in the way he wrote it in Philippians, he says “I’m of the tribe of Benjamin. I’m a Pharisee of the Pharisees, of the law, I’m not blameless, circumcised . .” I mean he went on and on and on talking about all of those things that he could boast about in his natural pedigree. Then he just he throws a left-hook out of no where and he says “All that is dung.”

Church = The Called out ones
So, please hear me, I’m often misinterpreted, it’s easy to misinterpret me, but please don’t misinterpret me on this. This is not about bigotry or prejudice, but I want to tell you, if you want to know what God is up to today, let’s just talk about more contemporary terms since we’ve been talking about history. Don’t watch the news to see the latest upheaval that’s going on in Israel. Because that’s a natural thing. If you want to know what God is up to in the earth today, what you should be doing is, you should keep an eye on his church. What is his church? What does the word “church” mean? The called out ones. Called out of every tribe, nation, kindred and tongue.

Why are you waiting, once you realize that Jesus as the sacrifice, put an end for the need of a natural temple and offer of sacrifices according to Hebrews 9. Why are you waiting for a temple to be rebuilt in the middle east and a priest to be consecrated and for the tribulation to start and the antichrist to make a covenant with Israel and then break it in the middle of the week, because that’s what most people have been taught from Daniel 9. And then to go in and set up an image of himself up in the temple, that story takes greater faith to believe than anything I’ve said so far.

Truth Can Be Brutal to the Natural Man
Because I’m going to tell you where the antichrist is, he came to church tonight. He came with me, he rode in my car and I drove by myself. “Anti-“ Against. Christ, the anointed one. The carnal mind is at enmity, it’s always at war with God. It’s always arguing with vain imaginations as Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 10 and it exalts itself above the knowledge of God. That’s why you’re to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Jesus Christ, casting down vain what? Imaginations . .images.

When the children of Israel went into the promised land, one of the directives they were given, because when they went in, they were given houses they didn’t build and vineyards they didn’t plant, a little Scripture tucked away over there says “when you go into their houses, you make sure you take all the pictures down off the walls, take all their images down and get all those pictures off the wall. See with most of us, we still don’t have all the pictures off the walls in our minds and it’s an image that is anti of the revelation of Christ in you. Which is the hope of glory.

Numbers 33:52
Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

Back to the History
His blood be upon us and our children. I’ve already mentioned to you that in A.D. 70 that was fulfilled. Vespasian was on of ten emperors that ruled the Roman Empire. You do realize that Israel was still under the Roman occupation. So even though they did go about their religious lives, they were still under Roman control and still had to pay tax, they had to pay a temple tax, and another tax to Caesar. And if that wasn’t enough, matters were complicated even further and there was always civil war going on within the Jewish people because there were several different political parties.

There were the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Zealots and the Herodians and even though they were all Jews, they were all warring with one another. In fact the Zealots were the ones that said “No tax but the temple tax.” And they were mercenaries. They would even walk through the streets with daggers up their sleeves and kill those who were Herodians. The Herodians were Jewish but they were like the liberal religious people of their day. Because even though they were Jewish in their belief, they were still in bed with Rome. I hope this is giving you a little clearer picture of the setting of the day. So there was all kinds of civil war going on. They were fighting among themselves all the time. In fact that was why Vespasian sent, actually he first started to go down himself to Jerusalem from Rome to bring into control, the riots that were Going on.

Editor’s Note
This thing that happened in A.D. 70 is not like previous wars from enemy nations that wanted to take Israel out because they just didn’t like them. Actually, the war that brought an end to it all, was the only war in the history of all of the wars Israel was ever involved with, this was the only war that’s original intent was to bring peace between Israel, and themselves. It was never planned to become what it did. The whole reason Vespasian was going to Jerusalem, was to establish peace with the Jews, not to bring war on them.

It’s as if, all these years, God allowed them to rebuild their identities from the past when warring nations would ransack them after having war on their mind. But this time, God didn’t send anyone to wipe them out, they did that all on their own. It’s like trying to separate two fighting dogs, you’re bound to get bit, even though you’re there for their benefit. I just found that a bit ironic. Israel was never again able re-establish the daily sacrifices ever again after that war, even though that wasn’t the first time the temple was destroyed. Even after they’ve done the impossible and have once again become a nation, the temple is still not there, nor are the old sacrifices, not because they don’t want to.

No, the religious Jews would love nothing more than to return to their animal sacrifices. Their reasoning is because not only do they long to rebuild, but they can’t build it anywhere but at one spot, which happens to be where the dome of the rock now sits. Those that occupy this piece of land, just happened to be bitter enemies with the Jews. In order for them to get this back, they will have to take it violently. Many of them are anticipating that, but if they paid any attention to David and Solomon, they’d understand that you can’t build a temple of peace by inflicting war to get it done.

The real reason why they can’t is because God removed it for good in A.D. 70. Even if they had the opportunity to go back, in the natural, God would never honor it in the spiritual. It’s all different now, ever since the cross. What changed was, the priesthood. It went from natural to spiritual. From a temple of mortar and stone, to a temple in the hearts of men.
End of Edit

Looking At the Context of the Day
So Vespasian was called back to Rome even though the riots were still going on between these religious groups. So Vespasian returns back to Rome and sends a man named Titus in his place, to go and bring peace back to Jerusalem. Titus is a Roman general, not the Titus that wrote the book of Titus in the New Testament. But when Titus gets to Jerusalem, the civil wars between these religious sects is so out of control, one generation after they said “let his blood be upon us and upon our children, it’s so out of control and embroiled that the only way Titus could get control of all of it, was to start killing off people.

And the war waged on. We already mentioned several times the recordings of Josephus who used the exact phraseology that John did when describing the aftermath of Titus’s army that there were so many bodies that were slaughtered, they were piled up in rows as high as a horse’s bridle. So much blood flowed that the streets appeared to be running with it. We already talked about the sea of Galilee and how it was filled with bloating bodies and the temple was destroyed and judgment came to a head in A.D. 70

A Rapturist in John’s Day?
And that’s why you have letters like what Peter writes. 1st and 2nd Peter, what is Peter always talking about? Suffering. Persecution. Remember that? What’s John writing about? He’s writing about antichrists. He says there are many antichrist that are in the world right now . .what’s he talking about? False prophets. Would it frighten you if I told you that there was a man by the name of Serinthius, who was alive during the days of John, are you all ready for this? This man preached and taught, what Paul referred to as a doctrine of devils. And his teaching was, that the church would be evacuated from the planet.

I’ve got in my library, history books that talk about how John was in a bath house in Rome one day and he heard that Serinthius was in the building and he ran into the streets for fear that God was going to bring his judgment on the building because this false prophet who was teaching a doctrine of devils occupied it. That’s pretty heavy isn’t it. That’s just skimming the top, there’s a whole lot more. But I will tell you that I believe some of the things we’ve been talking about here, ought to bring great hope.

We’re Not Quite There Yet
Our hope should not be in escapism. Our hope should be in knowing that the kingdom that Jesus introduced and left to us, is going to fill the earth. And one day, and it’s fine with me if it’s before I leave here now because I’m a tired man, but I don’t think it’s going to happen right this minute. And the reason why I don’t is because I don’t feel that his church has assumed her kingdom responsibility yet. We may have infiltrated some pockets here and there, we have great mega-churches across the land, we have righteous men that have gotten into political office, but you do understand don’t you that the kingdom of God doesn’t come by legislation, or by getting some moral fundamentalist into the White house. It’s not going to happen.

Spiritual Legislation?
Because you can’t legislate godliness or righteousness. The kingdom of God is not from without, but it’s from within. And his church is still bickering and fighting and she’s still full of immaturity. And we’re fighting over some of the things like we’re talking about tonight. We’re fighting over stuff that’s really not that important. All I’m trying to do is help people understand that we’re living in a wonderful, wonderful time and if we understand all these things we’ve talked about here, that the kingdom of God is a present reality. And we can make a difference in the earth because Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. If we can stop using that passage as a cliché and let that powerful truth permeate our very beings and use that as a confirmation that I can go anywhere in this earth without worrying about losing my salvation, power, or effectiveness in Christ, just because I’m in an earthy place, according to religious standards.

That’s why he’s not coming for a church that’s hiding in caves and eating it’s tribulation food over Bunsen burners. Pardon my satire, but he’s not coming for that. He died to purchase a GLORIOUS church. And the darker it gets outside and the darker it gets in the religious system, and the more fear it affects in the minds of people, all it ought to do is to cause his church to shine that much brighter.

Not About Death, But About Life, Not About Leaving, But About Staying
As Isaiah 60 says, there will be darkness, gross darkness upon the face of the people but in the midst of all of that he says arise and shine, for the Glory of the Lord has risen upon his church and they shall come unto our light . .Hallelujah, but I don’t see the church in that state right now. And I don’t believe anyone who’s honest sees the church like that right now. But the day is coming. Let me remind you that Proverbs 10 doesn’t say that the righteous will be taken, it says the wicked will be taken and the righteous will remain.

Proverbs 10]
30The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

There are Really Only Two Men On Earth
Two women shall be grinding at the mill, one shall be taken, the other will be left. Two men in one bed . .that always troubled me until I began to understand that one. The truth is, all of us go home every night and sleep double in a single bed. You don’t know whether you’re in one man or in the other. You’re double minded. You’re spiritually schizophrenic. You don’t know whether you’re in Adam or in Christ. I’m trying to convince you, you are in Christ. I’m trying to tell you that he “has” come to his holy temple. Let all the earth be silent. (Your flesh)

Father let the word that’s been spoken here come alive in the hearts of your people. I ask Lord that you would dispel any measure of confusion that the enemy or any spirit of religion would seek to bring. I ask you that you would empower this house, as well as your church globally. To awaken to who they are and to know Lord, that in this generation we have another opportunity to fully express the kingdom of God and all that you intend it to bring.

You even prayed, and I pray tonight, in the 17th chapter of John, that I pray not that you’d take them out of the world, we don’t want out of the world, but keep us from the world. Sanctify us in your Word for your Word is Truth. Let there be such a glorious church rise up on this planet that the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our God and His Christ. We’re not here to be taken out, we’re here to take over. Because the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness there of and the meek shall inherit the earth. So why should we take the attitude Lord, to relinquish everything that really belongs to God’s people. The planet does not belong to the industrialists, or to the mega-wealthy. It belongs to your people.

So Lord, let there rise up in us such a spirit of occupying in your business until you come. To seek and save that which is lost as you said you came to do. And let us go out and conquer and take the land in the Name of Jesus and drive out the inhabitants of the land. Like Joshua invaded Canaan, you’ve invaded me several years ago and you’ve been driving out all the Canaanites from this flesh body that I’ve been living in, this earthy container you’ve given me just as you did with Israel and the promised land. And now you want me to go out and manifest in the natural what you are doing in my spirit.

So let it happen Lord, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum