APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Twenty Eight

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Twenty Eight on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm

cross-eyed

Even though this 19th chapter that we’re about to go into in this session has 21 verses, we’re only going to take a look at the first 9 verses here.

REVELATION 19
1And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

Chronological Perception
It should be easy for us to see in this opening verse what John is hearing. It’s very similar, actually it’s the same scene of Revelation 4 and 5. Sometimes we attempt to take, especially books like Revelation and form into some particular chronological order. But just as we know not all of the Bible is in chronological order, Revelation is no different. Genesis is obviously in a chronological sequence as well as some others, 1 and 2 Chronicles, but as you read on into 1 and 2 Kings, you see it’s a repeat of 1 and 2 Chronicles. And as you’ve heard me say before, there are other books in the Old Testament that are found more mid-way into the arrangement of Scripture but that doesn’t mean it came in that order chronologically.

In fact one of the oldest books of the Bible is the book of Job. The reason why Job is next to Psalms is because it’s writing style is similar. It’s poetic in it’s nature. But Job, according not only to biblical history, but also to secular history, Job was alive during the time of Abraham. The narrative that deals with Abraham’s life is found in Genesis 12. I said all that just to let you know that just because we’re reading in Revelation 19, doesn’t necessarily mean what we’re reading about are things that happened after what we’ve just seen in chapters 4 and 5. We get things confused by again applying our carnal minds to a spiritual picture.

Marriage Supper of the Lamb
Now, the marriage supper of the Lamb, everybody reach down and check to be sure you’re seatbelt is engaged, we’re about to go airborne. The marriage supper of the Lamb is not a seven year dinner with a table that extends out of sight and we’re all going to set down at our place setting and feasting on this great banquet while God is destroying the earth with fire in atomic and cataclysmic events.

You may argue “that’s what I’ve always believed, that’s what my Mamma and my Daddy taught me . .” Well, I’m telling you as much respect as I have for your Mamma and Daddy, your Mamma and Daddy could have been wrong. “That’s just an arrogant spirit . . “ Let me deal with that religious spirit that keeps you from receiving revelation. Jesus said to the Pharisees, the custodians of Scripture. These men who descended, these scribes who could trace their roots all the way back to Ezra and beyond in the Old Testament.

Greatest Form of Darkness

Jesus said to them, that they of tradition have made the Word of God of no affect (Mark 7:13) Jesus also said to them, You have heard it said, but I say . . . You can die in the preceding word if you have not received a proceeding word. Let me stay here a minute and tell you that Jesus said that the greatest and grossest form of darkness that there is, is when the light has been in you becomes darkness. That which previously illuminated you when you become stagnant with what you have known.

Matthew 6
22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

New Living Translation
22"Your eye is a lamp for your body. A pure eye lets sunshine into your soul. 23But an evil eye shuts out the light and plunges you into darkness. If the light you think you have is really darkness, how deep that darkness will be!

Well, I come from a rich doctrinal background and what I’ve been taught, I know is foundational and fundamental . . .but that doesn’t prove that it was all the truth. Salvation and glory and honor to our God . . . again, this is echoing chapters 4 and 5.

2For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. 3And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

A Little Repetitious
The identity of this great whore that we’ve dealt with in depth in chapters 17 and 18, historically is Israel. She had become that whore, that harlot. She had apostatized, she had in her spiritual compromised had found herself politically and spiritually in bed with a number of false gods. And as a result of that, all through the Old Testament, God through his prophets calls Israel a whore, a harlot, an adulterous, a fornicator.

God Is a Divorcee
Now, that was true historically of Israel, in fact it really does concern some people when you point out to them like in the 3rd chapter of Jeremiah where God divorced Israel. He wrote her a bill of divorcement. Again, I’ve been qualifying this in the last few weeks making sure you understand that this in not a matter of me having some kind of personal attitude toward the natural Israel. Because that’s not the issue at all. And I have made this abundantly clear, so much so that it’s overkill for me. But I have continued to quote what Paul says when he states that in Christ there is neither male or female, Jew or Greek, free nor bond. In Christ, all those things that make us prejudice toward one another are totally dissolved.

In Christ you’re neither a Jew nor a Greek.. We’ve lost all of those cultural things that keep us alienated from one another. But I do want you to see that he did divorce Israel because she had fornicated under every green tree, he said in one place. And we can’t look down our sacrilegious noses at Israel and her jaded past through the Old Testament and how she forsook the true and living God. Because this isn’t just a picture of natural Israel, it’s also a picture of the spiritual Israel.

We have found ourselves in bed, in compromising situations as the church, where we have compromised the Word of God to satisfy and gratify the super sensitive society that we live in. Because we feel like the number one priority is to meet to needs of people. That’s essentially what a woman paid for sexual satisfaction and gratification, she doesn’t care what you want to do with her as long as you pay her. And men in ministry . . . are you hearing what I’m saying?

Judgment to a Whoring Nation
So he says he has judged her, he’s judged Israel. And when he says in verse three that her smoke rose up forever, again this is a point we’ve dealt with almost to the point of redundancy, is that we shared about how in A.D. 70 when they were over run by Titus, who was actually an instrument of the hand of God bringing the days of vengeance upon Israel, due to her rejection of the Son of God. That she was set on fire and burned for an entire year as her smoke rose up , and on and on and on.

But let’s deal more specifically with the prophetic nature of this. When it says her smoke rose up for ever and ever, it’s not just a picture of natural Israel, remember when looking at it historically, that’s looking at the first dimension, the second is what we’re looking at now. But this whore that we’ve been talking about is not just about Israel, nor is it about some woman, a literal harlot, who stands down on the corner with scantily clad clothes. But the whore he’s talking about which was a shock to many of us, yet we don’t have time here to go back and pull up all of those passages that explicitly show the graphic nature of that harlot between our ears.

Where There’s Smoke . . .
Our mind is always entertaining, always lusting, always having affairs. You say well that is just a generalization, just some stretching of a type . . . No, if you’ve been here in the past, you know full well that this isn’t generally speaking, but it’s pointing out the specific nature of the carnal mind is this harlot. I’m thankful to know . . here it says her smoke rose up forever. In the Old Testament whenever a harlot was found, she was either stoned or burned to death. And I’m glad to know that when Jesus came he brought judgment . . see again, judgment isn’t a bad word.

The judgment that he brought, is setting fire to my natural mind. The word of God burns in my bones. Like in Isaiah, he talked about hail . . . like what we read in Revelation and we’re waiting for hail to fall from heaven that weighs over a hundred pounds, that’s not what he’s talking about at all. Read in the book of Isaiah, hail is a type of judgment. Isaiah says hail will sweep away the refuge of lies. . .

Isa 28:17
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

God is raining fire and hail into my mind and sweeping away refuge of lies so that my mind will no longer run after evil, corrupt thoughts. But instead I will have the mind of Christ, a virgin mind. Her smoke rose up forever. You see it’s not your spirit you struggle with, it’s your mind. It’s your mind that runs through back alleys and dark places that you don’t want it to go. That’s why Peter tells us to gird up the loins of our minds.

1Pe 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

13-16So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy."

Reproduction with the mind, or with the soul. Because if you don’t gird up the loose ends of your mind, your mind will run rampant and sleep on every corner with every thought and thing.

4And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. 5And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. 6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Editor’s Note
Don’t you think it’s a bit odd that our doctrines and philosophies have taken the stuff that we’ve read up to now and we’ve painted this black picture of the future of man, solidified it in our minds, and reproduced it through our teaching to others, and in the middle of all of our doom and gloom theologies, worship breaks out. If it’s as bad as we claim it is, how can there be worship in the middle of all of it? Is God so calloused that he doesn’t care about those people who are presumably being wiped out that he would throw a party at the destruction?

Did we miss something between when Jesus literally wept over those that were blind to the truth of who he was and what we’re seeing in Revelation? Was Jesus just putting on a show? Obviously not. I think you can tell where I’m going with all of this surmising. What is this book about again? The revelation of Jesus Christ. The more I learn about Christ, the more my celebrating grows. This whole book is not doom and gloom, (seed of the serpent bruising the heel of the seed of the woman.) it’s all a celebration of a Most Holy Groom and the coming of his bride. It’s a celebration of Jesus Christ. Enjoy it. Let it consume your thinking.

Now that I’ve stepped in it, We Might as Well Make the Jump . . .
I’ve gone over this extensively in our study of the Mystery in Christ as well as a series of sermons dealing with the garden of Eden being a spiritual realm and not a natural one. But for those who are in this Revelation study and haven’t heard any of that before, I’m throwing it in quickly here before moving on.

The passage in Genesis concerning the seed of the serpent bruising the heel of the seed of the woman is an even deeper prophecy than the church has seen thus far, but we’re going to change that right here. I’ve looked up a few key words in this little infamous passage and I’ve found that, just as cool of the day doesn’t mean what we thought it meant (definition for “cool” means “spirit”, not in the evening or when the temperatures cooled down) bruising the heel doesn’t mean what just what we thought it meant either.

The word bruise there means “to lie in wait, to seize upon . . .:and “heel” means “hinderparts, footprints” Just as Jesus waited (bruised) for his time to come to seize the head, the chiefest part, the summit of sin, and overcame it through the blood he shed on the cross, Satan also lies in wait, bruises, but what is it he’s bruising? Or lying in wait for? The heel of Christ, what is the heel supposed to represent? It’s really quite a telling picture of how Satan works, if the word heel is to be understood as footprints, what is the spiritual picture of a footprint? More specifically, what is the spiritual picture of the footprints of Jesus?

Before the New Covenant, which Jesus establish, there was first the Old Covenant, which Moses established. And the Old Covenant was a blueprint of the coming of Christ. It was the path he took to get to the New Covenant. John 5 says it clearly that the Old Covenant was a directional arrow pointing toward the person of Christ. For it to be pointing “toward” Christ, then it’s obviously pointing from behind Christ. It was the remnant, the footprints, the heel of the Messiah.

John 5
39-40"You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want.

So, God was prophesying that Satan would lie in wait (bruise) the heel of Jesus (hinder parts, footprints). What is that a picture of? It’s a picture of how Satan works. He uses the law that God established through Moses, which was a temporary sign of redemption that didn’t bring redemption, but simply pointed to it, being Christ. Satan would use the law, he would lie in wait, he’d wait for an opportune moment when he could take the very thing that pointed to Christ and he’d use it against Christ. And that’s exactly what the law does.

When Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge (Romans 3:20, 21) they immediately “knew”. Knew what? Did they immediately know God in his most intimate nature? Did they know his tenderness? His depth of love? His overwhelming passion for them? No, all the tree of law accomplished in them, was illuminate the fact they were naked. That’s all law ever does. It emphasizes the nature of sin. That’s how Satan bruised the heel of Jesus. He waited for the opportune moment to slither into the church and establish a city of bondage by the heel, the footprints of . .by using the law of religion against us.
End of Note

These next few verses coming up is an area where I want to focus on. I’ve dealt with all these other images of the great multitude and the voice of many waters so let’s get to the heart of the matter . . .

7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready

Let me deal again with this whole thing of understanding that this isn’t something that is yet to come in the future. This is something that has happened and is happening. The marriage of the lamb is come When we consider again all the introductory material concerning the time frame of Revelation. When you keep it in the context of the times when it was given, then you know that this marriage supper is not a seven year period where we all sit down and pig out.

8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints

What’s In the Fine Linen?
I could stop here just a minute . . . what is this fine linen? The fine linen you think is this robe you get when you get to heaven that’ll be trimmed out in 18 karat gold. But he says this fine linen is what? It’s the righteousness of the saints. Scripture says that you are the righteousness of God in Christ. Righteousness isn’t about all of the right things that you did here on the earth. You are right, not because you did right things, but you’re right because He says you’re right. Not because of religion. We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Most of us came up in legalistic traditional background where we taught if we could do enough, or if we didn’t do this and we didn’t do that, and we didn’t go there, then we’d be righteous.

My Righteousness is Nasty Stuff
Even when we hear the term being spoken “righteous” we immediately go to our religious reference point and look at the definition to be more religious piousness than anything. In fact you’d probably be surprised in the eyes of God to see those that are really righteous to him would appear to be liberal to you. Because it’s not based on their works. But Ephesians says it’s by the grace of God that we’re saved, not by works lest any man should boast. Scripture says your righteous is as filthy rags.

Now, that may be to crude for our piousness, but when the prophet Isaiah stated that your righteousness is as filthy rags, he wasn’t just talking about a dirty grease rag. He was actually referring to a menstrual cloth of a woman. Our own attempt to be righteous is filled with the issue of our own blood. With the stench of the menstrual cycle. I’m sorry that this may sound brash, but it’s the truth and it’s also why we have to be clothed in His righteousness.

9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God 10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Romancing The Stone
In case you haven’t noticed that what we just read about here in these verses and the reason why it is kept to the closing chapters of Revelation is that God opened his book with a romantic scene between a man and a woman. There was not what we deemed to be a ceremony. But Adam and Eve in a garden, in the ultimate setting of intimacy, there God put them. And when he puts them there, he puts them there to reflect what they are on the earth, is who he is in the heavens.

God is a hopeless romantic if you will. If you haven’t discovered that then you’ve missed a whole dimension and perception of the Bible. If you can’t see that part of God then you’ll never be able to see God’s ultimate intention. He opens in Genesis with this wedding between a man and a woman and he closes Revelation in that same manner. That’s why Jesus starts the beginning of his miracles in John chapter 2, with a wedding in Cana of Gallilee.

Jesus Ministry Started Just Like The Days of Creation, With a Marriage
The reason why he looks at his mother when she says they’ve run out of wine, as if he could do something about it, and she knew that he could. And he looked at her and he states my hour has not yet come . . . what he was saying was, “This isn’t my wedding, it’s not my day yet, but my wedding, my day is coming.” And I don’t have time to stop off on all these places in the Old Testament, but Adam and Eve, Isaac and Rebecca, what a marvelous type, drama, what a marvelous romance. Isaac is walking in the field at the evening time and he sees Rebecca coming toward him, riding on a camel.

Isaac and Rebecca, Another Prophetic Picture of Christ
Isaac who’s this promised seed, he is the type of Christ in the Old Testament and he’s walking where? In the field. The Bible says the field is the world (Matt. 13:38 good seed and tares) He’s walking in the field, not in the morning, but in the evening. It’s at the close of the day, the beginning of a new day. You say “well, the day doesn’t begin in the evening, it starts in the morning.” No, if you understand the Old Testament, you know that the day doesn’t go from one morning to the next, but it begins at sunset and ends at the next. It’s from the evening to the morning, not from the morning to the evening. Remember in the spirit, everything is often backwards to our natural thinking.
And so he’s walking in the field at the end of the day. Just like Jesus came walking in the world, walking in the field. Jesus came walking into the world looking for a bride. And Isaac sees her coming because his father, Abraham, who is a picture of God here . . God of Abraham . . .and Abraham’s servant, who is also a picture of the trinity in that he’s the Holy Spirit in this parable of love. He went to find her and he came with gifts, just like our Holy Ghost came with gifts. They found her watering the camels, there’s a lot to be said about that also.

The Picture Of Esther
Isaac and Rebecca, Jacob and Rachael, remember that love story? Boaz and Ruth, Esther, this wonderful book on the providence of God where Esther is invited to the kings feast because the kings wife refused to come, she had her own agenda, her own ideas. Just as we saw the Jews rejected Jesus and the Gentiles were grafted into the kingdom. She threw her own party, which is certainly indicative of the church today. She’s so infatuated with her own desires and getting her own way. She’s spoiled like Vashti, she’s been in the presence of the king so long she takes him for granted.

Her name means beautiful. It was because of her beauty that the king wanted her to present herself to his guests. Perhaps she felt her beauty was more powerful than the kings authority. She was sadly mistaken. Scripture says that the kings heart was merry and he sent of her but she wouldn’t come. She’s having a party of her own with the other women of the house. And we would rather find some party, some pity party that caters to our own need, rather than coming to the marriage of the Lamb.

Family Related Excuses
Read about it in Matthew, Jesus talks about a marriage. We all have our excuses don’t we. He sent out an invitation to those to come to the marriage and there are those that said I bought a piece of land and I can not come. Another one said I’m married and I must stay home. There are a lot of us that are married to other things in our lives. You’re married to your job. Some of you are married to your family more than you are to God. You talk a good game, you talk about God being first and family second. But you worship your family.

You let God, and he will with some of you, but you let him put his hand on one of your children and something goes wrong and you fall to pieces. You say “It’s because I love them . . .” No, it’s because you love them more than you love him. I’m not talking about us not being devoted to our families, don’t get me wrong. Or loving our children, but God is a jealous God. He’s not jealous of you, but he is jealous for you. And some of you have had problems in your marriage and your relationships with your children because you’re married to the wrong thing.

Some of you are even afraid to correct your children. You’re afraid to bring order in your house because you’re fearful of their rejection. And the judgment of God is upon you because you are more married to them than you are to him. ”I have five yoke of oxen, I’m just to busy.” We live in a culture that applauds entrepreneurism. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as it’s in the will of God for your life. To busy, that’s over in Matthew. Understand that the Bible is a seamless thread. What I’m reading in Revelation, I might as well be reading in Genesis. Some of you wonder about these connections.

A Picture of Hosea’s Wife, Gomer
Vashti had another agenda. There’s just to much to talk about there. Hosea and Gomer, remember that story? What a terrible name to give a daughter. . .”Gomer.” (the name means “complete”) What’s that got to do with the whore and this bride? Well, lets look at Hosea and see. This is a prefiguring of what he talked about here in Revelation 19. This is a prophet of God that the first thing God instructed him to do was to marry a harlot. And you think some of the things God has you do are difficult.

He didn’t marry her and then discover she was a harlot, he knew she was a harlot before he married her. Now you need to think about that with your mirrors in front of you. God decided to marry you. He didn’t wait for you to become a virgin. In this whole religious legalistic atmosphere that is out there everywhere everyone is trying to clean the fish before we catch them. We try to clean up everybody’s life before we consider them acceptable. But he goes out and marries a woman that he knows is a whore. He’s married to the backslider. He loves the backslider.

Self-Piousness Syndrome
In fact if there’s anything that nauseates him, it’s for us to think of ourselves more highly than we ought. And think we’ve come to some level of purity and religious piety. That’s the most nauseating form of wickedness as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather see somebody that knows they’re a “ranked sinner” and doesn’t try to hide it, than somebody that just walks around all the time with this attitude about . . .I’m a tongue talking, spirit-filled, born again, Bible-totin’, rapture-ready believer!! You’re also full of pride. No wonder unbelievers don’t gravitate toward you. Jesus was a friend of sinners.

Jesus was accused of being a glutton and a wine bibber!! When’s the last time you were accused of that??? See I just stepped on some toes with that. We’ll pray that you’re toes will get healed, but you need your toes stepped on. It’s amazing the things we just assimilate and regurgitate, that smacks of religious elitism. And we think “if it offends them, then they’ll just have to be offended.” But the thing that interests me is, not once did Jesus ever offend the sinners. He offended religious people and don’t get me started on that.

How many authentic, card-carrying, hell-raising friends do you have? We’re so inbred, we’re so insecure and afraid that the world is going to contaminate us. We are salt that has lost it’s savor. We’re crystallized salt. Now, back to Hosea . . .chapter 1

2The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD

Marry an Active Prostitute
Now notice that God didn’t say “Go take unto you a woman that you know on a couple occasions she messed up with the infidelity issue.” No, he said “you go take a woman, a wife of whoredoms. I mean she has a lineage, she was born in a brothel. She was born and bred and raised in an atmosphere of uncleanness. Sounds like us doesn’t it? Isn’t interesting, we’ve got the wrong glasses on. We’ve read these passages in the past, we thought ”oh God, how disgusting” No, you’re reading about yourself.

For the land hath committed great whoredom how can land commit whoredom? Yeah, you have to read this spiritually to receive it’s message. Sound familiar? He’s talking about Israel when he speaks of the Land.

3So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son. 4And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel

Remember I told you that he divorced natural Israel didn’t he. He’s going to bring a breaking here, but even in his mercy he is still reaching to them. He’s longsuffering, not willing that any of us should perish but that we should all come to repentance.

5And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel, in the valley of Jezreel. 6And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away

How Do You Respond to a Whore?
Notice the first time it says that he went and took Gomer and she conceived and bear him a son, Jezreel. But the next verse here, in fact she hasn’t changed, she’s still a whore. In fact if you read the whole book of Hosea . . . Isn’t it hard sometimes . . to use that word? It’s not hard for me to use it, but when I use it in church, I feel people cringe all the way from where I’m standing. “Gasp! He said whore in church!” “I can’t believe he uses that word at all, but especially not in church!!!”

I come from a background when you start talking like this, really, some of the religious background where I come from when I start dealing with some of the subjects that I do, I actually have people come to me and say “Randal, we know it’s in the Bible, but you don’t have to preach on it. There’s just some things that need to be left alone.”
But those are the very passages I’m looking for! I love to watch you wince and blush.

But back to verse 6. Keep in mind, he married a whore, she stayed a whore even while he was married to her. That’s were I was going earlier, if you continue reading through the book, you find that she left Hosea more than once to return to her friends and lifestyle, and God would send Hosea out after her and bring her back, and treat her as a husband treats his wife. And with that in mind, notice that in verse 6 it doesn’t say anything about Hosea taking Gomer, causing her to conceive again like it did in verse 5 with the son. This time it just says she conceived again.

The first one was born of him, this time she has a daughter and God instructed him to name his daughter Loruhamah, which means not having obtained mercy. Apparently, if we read the whole book of Hosea, we see that this was a product of her infidelity. She was running around on the prophet of God. I know I beat this to death, but isn’t interesting how much our own minds run around on us. How much it wants to run away from the Word of God, from the seed of God that ought to be impregnating us, right?

7But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen. 8Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son. 9Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

The first daughter was not having mercy, the second child, a son, is not my people. I want you to take note of this because something unique is about to happen with this later on. But what Gomer is conceiving, because her whoring lifestyle, what she’s conceiving is not of God. But Jezreel means that which God sows. That comes in chapter two which you’ll see in just a minute. I hope you understand by now that this is all a prophetic picture being painted for you to see and if you find a resemblance that you may need to let go of a few more things and allow God to continue to perfect you into the identity of Christ, who is who you’re born into.

One of my kids walked up to me just a bit ago as I was reading Hosea and he asks, “what are you reading there for? I thought you were going to be in Revelation.” I said “it’s all tied together. We’re reading about a bride over here, a marriage, and when we go over into the Old Testaments, we see these are all snap-shots, their photos, or pictures of what was to come. It’s all about us, not in the natural as much as it is in the spiritual. Yes, we are to put our emphasis in Christ, but who do you think God is putting his emphasis in? If you say his son, you’re only half right. God emphasizes his son out of his doting love for us. You may want to suck on that one for a while before swallowing it, because there’s a lot of texture to what I just said.-

Hosea 2
1Say ye unto your brethren, Ammi; and to your sisters, Ruhamah

Removing the Knots
Okay, now don’t jump ahead any further until you realize what just happened here. Did you catch it? Back in chapter one, in verse nine, what did he name his son? “Loammi”. Which again means “Not my people”. But here, he didn’t call him Loammi, but just Ammi.. He changed his name! Not only did he change his name, but look at what it actually means. It went from “not” my people, to “My people.” But we’re not done yet. Ruhamah? That’s not her original name either. Her birth name, the one she was born into the flesh with, was “Lo-“Ruhamah. Which meant what?

Jezreel = God sows
Loruhamah = No mercy
Loammi = Not my people
Ammi = Nation, people, kindred
Ruhamah = Love deeply, have mercy, be compassionate

Editor’s Note
So not only did God change Loammi’s name from not my people, to my people, kindred, he also changed Ruhamah’s name from no mercy to love deeply. See the thing we want to understand on the historical part of this is, once Solomon passed the kingdom on to his son, and his son, instead of listening to the advisors of his father, he ignored them and turned to those that were of his own generation, and instead of lightening the burden on the people, he increased it. As a result, they revolted against him, and then was when Israel split into two so-called nations, Israel, which consisted of 10 tribes, including the Levites incidentally, and Judah, which consisted of the other 2, one being the tribe of Judah, the other being the tribe of Benjamin.

From that point on, Israel, the bigger part of the nation, never ever again had a godly king leading them. That’s why you see in verses 6 and 7 that God says he won’t have mercy on Israel, but he will show mercy to Judah. This is not saying that Judah was more righteous, but they did have several godly kings as they went on, but in the end, both were overthrown and sent into exile. Just wanted to fill in a little background on this for you. The emphasis we’re looking at here is, even though Israel never again followed the ways of God, God still identified himself with them by changing the names of Ammi and Ruhamah.
End of Note

Hosea 2
2Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts

If you haven’t read the book of Hosea, understand when he talks about between her breasts, understand he’s not just talking about some form of sensual fondling there. He’s talking about the whoredoms that exists between your breasts. In the very seed of your being because we all find ourselves thinking about things we shouldn’t be thinking about. And I’m not just talking about sexual in nature. But when you entertain thoughts about people there’s a sensuality to it as well.

Editor’s Note
The breast doesn’t just refer to sexual intimacy, but it also is connected to the source or origin of spiritual enrichment that comes out of you and feeds others. It’s much like the parable about the sower of a vineyard, but when he came to harvest, he found that all the grapes were sour, they were wild grapes, good for nothing. It’s the same thing here. Out of our own spiritual whoredom, we’ve soured the very thing that was intended to bring life.
End of Note

James 3
13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

13-16Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here's what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It's the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts. Mean-spirited ambition isn't wisdom. Boasting that you are wise isn't wisdom. Twisting the truth to make yourselves sound wise isn't wisdom. It's the furthest thing from wisdom—it's animal cunning, devilish conniving. Whenever you're trying to look better than others or get the better of others, things fall apart and everyone ends up at the others' throats.

Tabloids of Religion
People actually get off, they get a sensual feeling when they hear about someone falling or they’re secrets get exposed. That’s why there’s such a veracious appetite in the tabloid industry today. You think that’s just in the carnal world? I’m here to tell you that it’s just as bad in the church and religious television as it is in the tabloid community. Because there’s this unseen emotion in us that just loves to hear about the failure of someone else. If you deny this has ever happened to you then you’re in denial of truth. I’m not here to point out your faults, I’m just trying to get you to admit they’re there so God can do something about them. If you deny there’s a problem area, then you’re handcuffing God’s ability to continue to perfect you in Christ!

Transformed From a Whore to an Ambassador
Understand with me also though that now that their names were changed from a rejected child to an accepted one, they are now instructed to go and plead with their mother. He sends his seed to plead with their mother. And there’s a seed inside of you that is pleading with your mother to come back. I know I may be worrying you with all of this, but understand he’s trying to get your mind to come out of all the whoredom that we let it run into.

Demonic Chirstians
Remember that Jesus had several different encounters with women throughout his ministry didn’t he. And there’s a story about one woman in particular that he had cast devils out of her. This woman whose life seems to imply a harlot as well. It bothers people when I say this sometimes, because she was the first one that reached the tomb. She was the first one that received the rays of revelation on that resurrection morning as it emulated from that tomb.

And it bothers people when I say this, but I think that the church has been progressively having it’s demons cast out of it as well. Seven of them; the number of perfection. We want to cast demons out of the head-bangers and the punk-rockers and all of those that have all the graphic satanic symbols tattooed on them, but those aren’t the devils I’m worried about. It’s the devils that come to church with you on Sunday morning and set on the seat beside you. But he’s casting devils out of you . .now that’s something to shout about!

“Are you saying then that someone that is spirit-filled, born-again Christian can be demon possessed?” No, I didn’t say that you could be demon possessed, but you can be demon “obsessed.” Obsessed and oppressed . . . you know the concern that was going through the church years back, “Can Christians have demons . .” My answer is, “Why would they want one?” I’ve been born again since I was 6 years old, and I’ve never been demon possessed, but I have been demon “oppressed.” And it probably appeared to my wife that I was demon “possessed.”

Dimensions of the Harlot
He cast out seven demons out of this harlot. Not just demons plural, but specifically seven of them. Pay attention to numbers in the stories because they are markers for you to recognize there’s a spiritual picture laying beneath the surface of the story itself. Just as you see Christ casting the devils out of this harlot, which again by now I hope you see it very clear that the harlot has three dimensions to her as well. 1st dimension is that she’s Israel, 2nd dimension is a picture of what’s between your ears. 3rd dimension is the church system. And just as Christ casts these seven demons out of this harlot, he’s doing the same thing with your mind and the church system.

All she’s going to want to do is want to hold on to the feet of Jesus. What an awesome picture. Remember? That’s all she wanted to do, it’s all she cared about. He’s finding women who have gone to wells, who’ve gone every day of their lives to find watering. I’m talking about churches that are looking everywhere for the well, for the flow of the Holy Ghost and he’s encountering them as they find him sitting upon the well. A well upon a well, and he is saying to them you have had five husbands and the one you’re with now isn’t your own But thank God she met the 7th man.

He’s finding women that are willing to let their hair down. See I’m not just talking about the females that are present right now. I’m talking about a bride! He’s finding women to let their hair down. That’s what this body of Christ needs to become, a bride that is willing to just let her hair down. Blended Edit Throw caution to the wind? You bet, because it’s not just any wind we’re talking about, it’s the breath of God! As God breathes, we should be close enough to his heart that we can feel his breath every time he lets it out and every time he takes it in. That’s why we should be able to not question what he’s doing, just accept what he’s already done and live in the freedom of the fact that we’re hidden in him . .for ever!

We’re all harlots at best, but as we saw with Hosea, it’s no surprise to Him. God knew what we were and in spite of what we are, he still sent Jesus to give his life so that we can be and are, declared as righteous before God and men! And even now, our minds still choose to wander and get into dark alleys where there is no light, but that doesn’t take us away from our eternal inheritance. Why? Because again, my soul isn’t what’s saved, it’s my spirit. And my soul still is at enmity with God. That’s not talking about sinners, that’s talking about saints. With Christ in my heart, or my spirit, all that did was then bring the wrestling to my body. Before Christ resurrected my spirit, there was no conflict with my soul because I lived according to what my mind thought was best for me.

But once my spirit was resurrected and is now in dominion through Christ over my soul. My soul, that’s again, your mind, will and emotions, the carnal part of who you are. My soul is now doing just what God declared over Eve in the Garden, my soul is desiring after my spirit. My soul wants that control back but I don’t want it to have control back because it’ll run me back into bondage again and I’m done with that old way of life in Christ. Amen???
End of Edit

The Reality of What letting Your Hair Down Really Means
May the bride of this house come to the place where she doesn’t think twice about letting her hair down. Remember the woman that Jesus . . in fact they thought that she was a slutty thing. Because Jesus is sitting there in that tightly enclosed room with all of those men who had walked with him for 3 ½ years in ministry, and this woman saw something in him that even they couldn’t see being exposed to all of his marvelous and profound teaching. And she gets down on her knees and lets her hair down and there’s a gasp in the room!

Because women in Old Testament culture didn’t let their hair down until they were in the intimate chamber with their husband. When they let their hair down and pull the veil aside, it meant honey, I’m ready to make love. And when that woman let her hair down and wiped his feet. It caused religious spirits to manifest. “Jesus!! Stop her!! See, and some of you, when the bride lets down her hair in here, and she’s abandon in worship, this may be too much for some of you to hear but I don’t care. It’s tight, but it’s right.

And she let’s her hair down in here and you can smell the sweet fragrance in this room of worship and we are lost in love with Him. And we’re not dancing for your pleasure or entertainment, but we’re dancing with him!! What’s that got to do with the marriage supper of the Lamb? Because the marriage supper, we don’t have time to talk about all of it, but the marriage of the Jewish culture didn’t just last an hour in the ceremony and brief reception afterwards with rice being thrown in the air as they pulled off on their camels.

But it lasted for days and days, and days, and days . . . that’s the reason why they ran out of wine in the 2nd chapter of John. It lasted for days. We’re going to take a look at John 8 before winding things up here. What does the book of John have to do with Revelation? Who wrote Revelation? The same guy that wrote John. I think we have definitely sent the wrong message, maybe we didn’t intend to.

Religionized Relationships
But we have lived in Christianity in the last 100 years or so in such cloistered communities. It seems like my wife and I, as we were coming back from a trip, we were taking inventory of our lives. Of course, being in the ministry like we are, it’s much more likely than for some of you that are out in the secular world more than I am. Because I deal with you all the time. And I deal with men in ministry a lot of time, so Christians are about all I ever see. But we were talking about how afraid we are that the world is going to influence us.

We really don’t believe greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. And we only spend time with one another. I told her you know I would love to have some friends that don’t even know what I do. “Are you ashamed of the Gospel? No I’m not even . . .get out of here with that stuff, I’m not ashamed the gospel at all. But see there’s a certain thing . . there’ve been a few opportunities when I get on a plane and sit down beside someone who doesn’t have a clue of who I am or what I do because I dress casual and they don’t know the difference.

Coveting Life Out of the Limelight.
I love to sit down on a plane and have a guy sit down beside me and he’s what you would classify as a first class heathen. And he begins talking to me and unless they press me and ask what it is I do, I never tell them. NO, I’m not ashamed of the gospel, we need to get off that road of guilt and shame and look at our lives and question ourselves as to how we can become more effective in touching others. I just understand that they’ve been so turned off. I’ve seen it happen, they just shut down and that’s the end of it. This same guy that’s been talking to me about everything in the world, all the sudden when he finds out I’m a ”preacher”, it’s just like watching the credits on that old sitcom ”Maxwell Smart” where all the doors close on every side of me.

Illuminating Light Comes From You
Let your LIGHT so shine. None of you here even were aware of the lights until I just pointed them out to you. They don’t make a lot of noise, but they carry a great force with them. They cause you to see the black letters in a white page in front of you. If you turn off the light, you can’t see the word. If there is no light in you, then others can’t see the Word coming from you. You are living epistles read of every man. We make a whole lot of noise, when what we’re supposed to be doing is let your LIGHT so shine before men.

I don’t mean your religious light. I don’t mean this wrong and I don’t want you to think I set around grieving about what I’m about to say to you, I’m not, I just understand human nature. See most of you like me and love me because of my gift. If you knew me, if suddenly I didn’t have my gift and I was just somebody sitting out there at the table with you, would you feel about me the same way that you do now? That kind of makes me want to meet people who don’t know what I say or do. Just to see if they may like me, not because of my gift . . .am I making sense? And not have to worry about them feeling pressure about every little thing they say, and if they slip and say something they shouldn’t say . . .because I may slip and say something I shouldn’t say. Wow, hear that go through the room.

John 8
1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst

It always worried me, how you can “take” somebody like that, you must have know where they were and what they were up to. You must have been spying on them, just waiting for the opportune moment, perhaps, to catch them in the act of a sin, just so you could jump in and yank them out, so ready to throw the book of judgment on them. Maybe you were there before. It’s the Pharisees!

4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act

It Could Happen to You
Isn’t interesting, have you noticed, and it’s been proven out in the last decade. That the preachers who are always up, blasting every week certain things, they usually are found out for doing them undercover. I think about that often. Have you ever noticed that? I mean over the last few years we’ve seen some pretty high-profile examples of that. And I’m not saying that to condemn them, but isn’t that the way a religious spirit is? We all can get that thing on us and we don’t even realize it. I mean we get to the point where we’re down on it so much that it expands over into other parts of our lives until we’re so down on everything that we’re not up on anything. In fact if you hear somebody that ‘s always pounding on the same thing. Enforcing condemnation on a specific area all the time, all the time on their righteous soap box, it’s often a tell-tale sign that they’re having problems with it themselves.

That’s how the flesh works. It diverts attention to the fault of others so that it won’t draw attention to itself. This woman was caught in the very act!!!

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

The Writing in the Dirt . . .This Gets Good!!
He stooped down . . .Jesus had to stoop down, it’s a picture . . .he had to stoop down to get out of the cloud of criticism. He had to get down out of that choking, disgusting, arrogant, self-righteous, condemning, filthy, spiritual religion. He humbled himself didn’t he. The Son of God became the son of man so that the sons of men could become the Sons of God. When he stooped down and put his finger in the dirt and began to write, it was the same thing that he did in the garden of Eden. When he stoops down into the dust of the earth, and he began to form something. Interesting parallel.

He began to write on the ground as though he heard them not. Next time some of you feel so condemned and embarrassed and full of shame, because you know everybody has heard about your sin, understand that Jesus is deaf to them.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her

Body Positioning Even Paints a Picture
You know you’ve heard me talk about this before, but every thing Jesus did, every movement of Jesus, now as you stand up, isn’t it interesting that your attitude and posture change along with it? (He has them standing here) Some of you I lost you when I told you to stand up. Immediately your mind went into neutral. Because when you’re told to stand up at a certain point in the delivery of the word, you’re mind shifts into the departure mode and less gets taken in. We don’t mean to be that way, but that’s the way it is.

When he lifted up himself, every movement, when he sat down, when he stooped, when he reached out, when he lifted up his hands, his eyes. Everything he did was not just a casual gesture. Everything he did was significant. When he stood up in the midst of them, I want you to know that after he wrote in the dirt he’s beginning to stand up in this woman.

Editor’s Note
Now look at how this is going to change your perception. I feel like I’m being led by an usher to get to my seat in a stadium to watch a big game. I can see where this is going and already I see myself getting caught up with what’s at the end before I get there. This revelation, sent by invitation from Christ himself, has our name on it and it’s just waiting for us to come and occupy it.

We jump on the sermon about HE THAT IS WITHOUT SIN . . . if you’re perfect in your life, then you’d be worthy to remove her from hers. .and there is an obvious message there, but it’s a message that comes in a package, not in a sound bite. What do you see when you read the rest of that? Let him first cast a stone at her. Where else in Scripture do you see the combination of law and stone? They brought her in the name of law, it was the law that stated she was to be stoned.

But we’re in the middle of an unveiling here, but I want to also point out to you their motives in this situation. Not one of them were interested in the girl, or even justice. They were using their interpretation of the law in an attempt to trip up Jesus himself. How often to we use our understanding of God’s Word to prove someone else is wrong? We’re not interested in bringing freedom of truth to them nearly as much as we are in proving to them and forcing them to submit that we are right!

The truth is, what business is it of yours to manipulate anyone with the Bible in the first place? Well, they’re living in sin . . . so what? What does Romans 3:20, 21 say about that? Law is the knowledge of sin. You want righteousness? You have to ignore the broken laws and manifest love. How can you expect freedom when you use God’s Word to control and manipulate? The very thing we shake our heads at with the Pharisees here, we’re doing the exact same thing. We stone anyone who we think is not in alignment with our belief system.
End Of Edit

To me these stones are broken pieces of the law. When we’re in sin we want to find out somebody else whose worse than us, so we can stone them.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground

No One Knows “What” He Wrote
There’s all kinds of talk about what it was that he wrote. He wrote the names of the men that had been with her last, probably standing all around them, that’s one idea, maybe that’s the case, I don’t know. I think maybe he may have written her name or perhaps his own name, it’s usually the signature that brings worth to something. You can have a million dollars in your checking account and you can write a check out for that amount, but that check isn’t worth the paper it’s written on unless your signature is on it.

Some of us have a life that’s a pretty horrible picture, but Jesus stoops down and draws his picture in all of us if we let him. He stoops down . . .down into this thing. Like Ephesians speaks of. We’re always so focused on the resurrection of Jesus and that he’s ascended at the right hand of the Father and we have him almost elevated so high in the heavens that we put him out of our reach of reality. But the Bible says in Ephesians he who ascended first descended into the lower parts of the earth. . .

To me that doesn’t mean that he just went down into the lower parts of the planet called earth, but he went into the lowest parts of men, we’re made of the earth are we not? He went to the lowest place, to the hell in you and set that which was captive free. This last verse here is really the picture I want you to see. What does all of this have to do with the marriage supper of the Lamb? Did you think I forgot what we were studying on? No, these are the kinds of people he marries.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. Sounds like a contradiction doesn’t it? Once Jesus begins to deliver you of your sin consciousness, once Jesus begins to deliver you of those things that constantly stone you and batter your mind every day and condemn you and falsely accuse you. Then the only thing that’s going to be left is not you, but Jesus alone in you

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

It’s All About Relationship
I guess want I’m trying to say in all of this is, there’s so much more to be said of the 19th chapter of Revelation is to understand that everyone of us begin to see that what he wants us to experience in relationship and righteousness . . .I’m not talking about regulations. I’m not talking about you getting to the point where you can be proud of yourself because you’re keeping all these regulations. That’s the reason why God made the 10 commandments so difficult because no body can come close to keeping them. The reason why is because he wanted you to understand that the only way that they even could be kept is in him.

He gives all these commandments and when he gets to the last one . .what is it? Don’t even covet . . .is that right? Which in other words he’s saying . . .in the first nine he’s saying don’t do all of these things then in the 10th one he says . .don’t even think about it. And you KNOW that’s impossible. Because the more you try not to think about something, the more you think about it!

Oh I have to stop thinking that bad thought. I have to stop thinking those bad thoughts about that person . .gotta get my mind off of it. The more you do that, the more you think about it! God wants you to understand the only way that you’re going to experience righteousness is not mastering mind control, but it has everything to do with having intimacy with him. My wife produced 3 sons, not because she talked to me or to others about me, but because in our love and relationship and intimacy with each other we, together produced 3 sons that look like us. In intimacy with him, we produce his image.

We Are Still in Reverse
See we have things turned around. You say “Well I just don’t feel holy, I just feel so unworthy . . “ That’s the reason why you need his holiness. You’re right, only he is worthy. “I’ve lived such an evil, corrupt, and wicked life . . “ Have you not heard a word I said? You’re the one he wants to make his bride, Gomer. (Hosea’s unfaithful wife, remember?) You’re the one he wants to make his bride! He’s picked you!

The marriage supper of the lamb has come! The marriage supper, why is it a marriage supper? Because what you eat is what you become. If you’re always eating a steady diet of condemnation and all you hear is motivation to serve God because you don’t want to end up in hell . .I’m sorry, if my only motivation for serving God, and that’s how we win most people to Jesus. If you were to die today, where would you go? Heaven? Or Hell? We try to scare the hell out of people.

Feed on the Lamb
That’s what they feed on and they live all their lives in condemnation. I want you to know that the marriage supper of the lamb is the last meal of the day. It’s the meal before you enter into rest, before you retire. He wants you to sit down, and feed upon the marriage supper of the lamb. Feed on the Lamb. Because he is the lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world. He is a lamb that is spotless and pure. When I feed on a Lamb, I forget about me. It’s not what you eat as much as what’s eating on you.

Heavenly Father in Jesus name I call every person in this house, I call them to the marriage supper of the lamb. I call them by the spirit. The voice of the bridegroom, you said, and the voice of the bride is being heard. We believe this morning Lord that you are continuing to burn with fire. Continuing to consume with the fire of your word, all the perverted thoughts that have been produced by religion.

The corrupt, perverted thoughts. By legalism. The Pharisee-ical spirit, never can see anything right, never can see anything pure. To the pure, all things are pure! The pure in heart shall see God. I want to see God! I couldn’t care less about the corruptions of men. Cleanse our hearts we pray, let us feed upon the Lamb, the spotless Lamb of God and not on the religious expectations of men. Set us free.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum