APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Twenty Seven

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Twenty Seven on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:50 pm

cross-eyed

There Was A Break In the Teaching
In his opening comments, Randal indicates that they took a break from the study and they are now resuming from where they left off. There was no explanation as to why, other than a comment he made about already explaining to his church the reasons. Since I’ve first transcribed this, I have spoken with him directly numerous times and I did raise the question on this. His response was that he did stop for a while because it was visually apparent that it was to much for them to absorb. So he went in a different direction for a while. He never really intended on coming back, thankfully he changed his course. So we’ll pick up from there.

It Was Important To Identify the Harlot
I feel a sense of challenge, especially as it relates to review, it’s virtually impossible for us to go back and review everything to get everyone back up to speed. So whatever review that I’m going to share will be very abbreviated. In chapter 17 we were introduced to a section that deals with a harlot or whore which is strong language for some, especially when they read it in Scripture. But I think it’s important for us to identify clearly as to who this whore really is. There’ve been all kinds of misconceptions concerning the identity of the whore, especially in modern-day prophecy teachers.

Spiritual Contrasts
We must remember, if you can get this single thing that I’ve been rehearsing over and over in your hearing, then it’ll be easier for us to see who this harlot really is. In contrast, the book of Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ; pure and simple. And in that revelation of Jesus, we also have a revelation of contrasts, we have a revelation of the Christ and the antichrist. We also have a revelation, as we’re getting ready to consider, in the 17th, 18th, and 19th chapter, we have a revelation of a contrast between the whore and the wife; the harlot and the bride of Christ; the New Jerusalem and the old Jerusalem.

Historically, It’s All Israel
In the 17th chapter we spent a great deal of time, and I’m going to hit this as quickly as possible to see if we can accomplish the review and get going into the next chapter. But in the 17th chapter, we have the identity of mystery Babylon in verse 5 and the mother of harlots that is made clear to us. In the historic context, we’ve made much to do about that. In the historic context we know that Babylon and Egypt and Sodom and this harlot are synonymous with Israel because of her apostasy. In that generation when she had the opportunity to embrace Jesus and receive him for who he was, they instead rejected him.

That resulted in their utter apostasy in turning against the Son of God. That’s why, oddly enough, God refers to them as Egypt, and Sodom, and Babylon. There is this tendency whenever we see this word “Babylon” especially in Revelation, we think of the ancient city of Babylon in the Old Testament where Nebuchadnezzar was king. There are certainly a lot of characteristics of the Old Testament Babylon that we should examine and see their parallels to this modern New Testament Babylon.

Babylonian Israel
However, he’s not referring to Babylon, the Old Testament city, he’s referring to Israel. In her perversion and turning against Jesus, keeping in mind this place we’re currently at, and perhaps have even a little to heavily at times, but due to it’s importance and pivotal impact on the nation, we continue to bring it up. The place in Scripture where Jesus was being tried and he stood before Pilate and was brought before the people where they declared that his blood be upon us and on our children . . .and it didn’t take but one generation for that to be fulfilled through the destruction of the entire nation in AD 70.

Editor’s Note
I know none of us actually think that we are the part of the church that Israel is depicting through this part of her existence. We either take the side that it’s the ultra-religious group that are the apostates, or that it’s not really of that much importance to us. Neither of these stands are safe ones. I hope by now we all realize that we’re as much at fault with our mindsets of what we think a true Christian is as opposed to a fake one. Not only could it be us, but it more than likely is us just as much as it is anyone because we’re all still living our lives in these limited bodies of flesh.

As we’ve come through this picture of the harlot, rather than brush it off with the idea that we’re not as bad as what this picture is painting. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if we asked ourselves, before God, could this be me? Does God see me in this light? Have I placed idols before his love and mercy in my own life? Ask God to reveal them if you can’t see them, I’m sure it won’t be long before he’ll begin showing them to you. Not to bring you down, but to bring you closer by exposing yourself to you so He can free you as you humble yourself and let them go. End Note

Historical Picture Is A Reflection of Spiritual Truth
That’s historically the case. But we must also see, because in Scripture we must remember this fundamental picture, it’s very important. Otherwise you only see one dimension of truth. God reveals himself line upon line, precept upon precept . . . but this principal is, first God reveals to us things in the natural, and those things he reveals to us in the natural reflect spiritual things. Natural Israel is merely a reflection of spiritual Israel. Natural Jerusalem is merely a reflection of spiritual Jerusalem. We don’t want to just consider the historical, or the natural application, but we must see the spiritual, or prophetic as well. Truth is timeless, it’s not just about something that happened then, but also what happens now. So this whore of Revelation 17 is more than just apostate Israel. I don’t think I’ve done this but just a few times in all the years of teaching that I’ve ever done.

You’re Not Alone When Stuff Gets Deep For You
When I realized I was going to resume this teaching on Revelation, I also realized that I wasn’t sure where I left off. I thought it somewhere between the 17th and 18th chapter so I had to dig up the last tape I did on this study to see where we left off. Mind you, this isn’t some false humility thing, I really don’t care to listen to myself on tape, but in my study, as I begin to listen to the last tape to see, and as I listened, I thought . . .please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not trying to be inflated at all . .but I thought “I need to listen to that 2 or 3 more times. I’m not sure I knew all that. I’m very serious about it.

So what I’m saying to you if you haven’t listened to that last one on Revelation 17, I’m going to do something else that I’ve ever done in my years of teaching, and I’m going to say if you haven’t received any of the tapes, I want everyone to have the opportunity to get the last tape we’ve done and we’ll let you have it for free. Because I feel it’s a very important insight that God gave me as to the identity of this harlot.

Spirit = Man, Soul = Woman
So from a prophetic implication, who is this harlot? When we understand 2 things concerning the Greek tense of certain words used in Scripture, it brings us into a deeper understanding of the identity of the harlot. Always in the Greek New Testament, the spirit of a man is masculine. The soul of a man is feminine. We’re not speaking in terms of making a distinction of men and women as they sit around you in gender. As we have made a very strong point before now, that when God created Adam, Eve was inside of Adam. And he called “their” name Adam.

Genesis 5
1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Editor's Note
I don’t usually underline in volume like this, but these next few paragraphs are so powerful that I don’t want you to just breeze over them, instead, I want to challenge you to read these underlined paragraphs AT LEAST three times before moving on.
End of Note

It’s About Who Plants and Who Conceives
The only reason why he separated them was so that they could recreate as he had created them. The only difference between you and your spouse, if you’re a man, is that she is a man with a womb. We are of the species of man. Now I don’t want to come off too scientific here, but I want you to understand the importance of this. As I said, the spirit of a man is always referred to as a masculine sense and the soul of a man is always referred to in the feminine sense. That’s why in Psalms 34 David says my soul makes her boast in the Lord. Why would he refer to his soul as a her? Because it is the soul, that dimension of your being that is feminine and I don’t mean weaker, but I mean it is that dimension of you that conceives.

Women conceive the seed and men carry the seed. Blended Edit In order for the seed to reproduce, the man must come together with the woman and plant the seed in her womb. In order for your mind to understand these dimensional principals, it must become in a place of submission with your spirit and allow the spirit to plant the seed into your soul, into your mind. It kind of gives you a different perspective of the women who are artificially inseminated. In the church, there are those that either have impotent husbands (I’m talking spiritually now) or no husbands at all, but they want to bear a child more than they want a relationship with a man. Which is to say that rather than submit to a man of their house, they ignore the part of submission and artificially inseminate themselves with a seed and call it God’s will. So they find a way to produce a child without the protection or commitment, not to mention the established godly order.

Not everything we come across is easy to swallow. There is an element of pride that rises up against the notion that this is a picture depicting any of us. When instead we should be humbling ourselves and asking God to remove that domineering nature from us so that our spirit can once again be the authority of our house and our minds become once again, in submission to our spirits. My spirit can plant seeds of life, but it can’t reproduce. My mind can’t plant seeds of life, but it can reproduce the seeds that get planted in it. So when my spirit plants it’s seeds of life into my mind, and others minds, then the reproduction of life begins.

That’s why we say that you need to lay your mind down. Oh, man . . .this is going to get deeper yet . . .See, I can force this stuff on you, but you know what that is? What do they call it when a man forces himself on a woman? Rape! And maybe that’s why I get frustrated when I see so called Christians forcing their beliefs on to others . . .that’s a spiritual form of rape! But when the mind willingly lays itself down and allows the spirit to plant the seeds inside her womb, it’s a beautiful, exhilarating, and a bonding thing that happens.

Which then reproduction of that life-giving seed begins to form in the mind and it grows and grows until it reaches it’s maturity and life is birthed through . . . ready for this? Remember what Jesus said about what defiles you? It’s not what goes in . . .but what comes out. Your words of life coming out of your mouth is the maturity of the seed that your spirit planted in your soul. Your testimony of Jesus is your newborn baby! I know, it’s deep and it’s rich, but it’s also right!

For another look at this, I found it interesting that there’s a passage in Galatians that has been there all this time and yet we miss what it says. But Paul tells us in Galatians that when you are in Christ, when you are in the spirit, you are not male and your not female. Is God a man? Is God a woman? I know, ridiculous question, but many people choose to discuss it. Truth is, he’s neither. There is a masculine nature to the spirit, a feminine nature to the soul, but neither are male or female in and of themselves. Only your natural body has that distinction.

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus
End Note
Comparing Your Soul To Eve
Now, we also know from 2 Corinthians 11, the apostle Paul’s concern about the corruption of the people over which he had been given oversight he stated I fear, as the serpent beguiled Eve through subtlety, so also your mind, (which is your soul) should be corrupted from the simplicity of Christ. Now, why did he compare the mind or the soul to Eve’s corruption? In other words, whenever Satan came into the garden to these two individuals, made in the image of God who had been one, (When Adam was created, Eve was in his side) but were made into two (When God put Adam into a sleep and took out a rib which he formed into Eve) so that they could come together again as one (through the intimacy in the act of reproduction) Because everything in God is one.

Why did the serpent come to Eve?
Many of us would respond to this with “Because she was the weaker vessel” and you’re wrong in that supposition. Because she was not the weaker vessel before the fall. In fact when the Bible talks about her being the weaker vessel, even after the fall, our whole understanding of that is vastly distorted. I could just make a natural comparison and say that some of you virile men, that have definitely an overdose of testosterone, if you think she’s the weaker vessel, then the next time a baby needs to be born, then why don’t you crawl up on the table and have it?

Soul of Incubation
Why did the serpent go to the woman and not the man? Because even Satan in his carnal wisdom understood that she was the dimension of the two that represented the soul. All he had to do was plant his seed of sin in her, knowing it would take root and reproduce, thus transmitting into Adam, the spirit of man, and both would fall. That’s why Paul compares Eve to the soul. In James 1, when it talks about temptation, it states let no man say when he is tempted, that he is tempted of God, but every man is tempted when he is drawn away in his own lusts. (lust is in your mind) When lust is conceived . . .

Where do you conceive lust? In your soul, not in your spirit. Again, I know this is even more new stuff added to what we’ve already been talking about, but just like the tabernacle of Moses and the importance of that concerning all things that followed it are connected to a spiritual tabernacle, so it is just as important to grasp this truth of men and women of spirit rather than flesh, are also a spiritual picture of the image of Christ. In every man, there is a woman, and in every woman, there is a man. Let me say that again with explanation. In every man (spirit) there is a woman (soul) and in every woman (soul) there is a man (spirit). You can’t have one without the other. If you have a soul, you also have a spirit. If you have a spirit, you also have a soul. That’s all this is saying.

Historical Women
We’ve gone through great lengths, I don’t have the time right now to give you all the Scriptures to go into this fully. But remember we did make reference in 1 Timothy where Paul was instructing him on how do deal with unruly women in his congregation. There were women that were converted to Christianity but didn’t understand the order that God establishes in his church. . . sure we preach with emphasis on freedom and we’re dead to law, but there’s still an order to God’s church. There are those placed in authority that are to be honored and respected as such by those who are not. Otherwise, you do have the chaos so many worry about when emphasizing freedom in Christ.

But these women didn’t understand the protocol for when they gathered together for their meetings, which is the same as our gatherings for church services, and they were interrupting the flow of the services and talking out loud, distracting the other listeners around them. And Paul said to Timothy, I suffer not a woman to teach. . .

1 Timothy 2
9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Message Translation
8Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray--not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. 9And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions 10but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it. 11I don't let women take over and tell the men what to do. 12They should study to be quiet and obedient along with everyone else. 13Adam was made first, then Eve; 14woman was deceived first--our pioneer in sin!-with Adam right on her heels. 15On the other hand, her childbearing brought about salvation, reversing Eve. But this salvation only comes to those who continue in faith, love, and holiness, gathering it all into maturity. You can depend on this.

Natural Application Doesn’t Fit, Need to See Spiritually
When we take just one line out of this as a sound-bite, we think that he was also a chauvinist. We think he had issues with women. Blended Edit I’ve seen this over the years and many times Pastors would try to argue in Paul’s defense that he had women working with him in his own ministry. Not just under him, but there were prophetesses and predominant women that carried the gospel along with Paul. But then those same Pastors would leave that argument open ended and never explain what it was that Paul was saying to us today. Granted, he was speaking about natural women to Timothy to bring order to Timothy’s church.

But we’re not called to make our natural church after Timothy’s church through the writings of Paul. Timothy’s church was just that, Timothy’s. It’s patterned after the culture and life-styles of Timothy’s day, in Timothy’s environment. What “we’re” to do with this writing is find the spiritual application to it for our own walk so that the Holy Spirit can bring our spirits into submission with Christ. God’s word separates the flesh from spirit. The breath of his life separates us from following the physical letter of the Word and applying the spiritual picture of what is written.

Most all churches have sort of skirted this Scripture because it contradicts what we see happening around us with natural women who have been given wonderful anointings. We know that what Paul was telling Timothy wasn’t specifically meant to be applied to all churches, but we really don’t know how we’re supposed to apply it to us now, except we’ll politely state that there needs to be order in the church, and not try to offend any women in the process. Yet in other places in Scripture, we reverse that and we do apply the letter of what’s written because we think that’s the sole purpose of Scripture.

2 Timothy 3
16Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. 17Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. Message

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. King James

How To Apply it Rightly
How does this thing with women being silent fit in with doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction for righteousness? A religious extreme would fit it in with the doctrine and correction . .which would also be the same people that misuse the word “reproof” as license to enforce those doctrines and corrections and their pious goal of course would always be to reach that righteousness. But here is the truth, when you see the written letter’s pattern of the Spirit, then that revelation instills or conceives inside your spirit, doctrine, reproof (which simply means Scripture is the truth that proves Christ is who he says he is.), correction and righteousness which in it’s maturity, births new life out of you.

So instead of emphasizing what’s documented in the letter of the Word, let’s take that and look for the internal message that’s in the pattern of what’s written. You can’t just throw the written letter away, that’s what contains the spiritual pattern. But you can’t enforce it either. This passage on women being silent is an easy example that illuminates the fact that we’re not to follow the letter of the Word, but the spirit. What I’m adding to that is, if you’re going to go by that plumb line, then keep it consistent by applying that to all of Scripture. Everyone has to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, everyone has to be baptized in water. Everyone has to pay tithe . . .I could go on and on. All those things may be essential to our personal lives with Christ, but at the same time, there’s a spiritual picture behind every one of those things as well. And if we’re the spirit’s we claim we understand ourselves to be, then it shouldn’t be all that difficult for us to see the spiritual messages that lie just beneath the written letter.
End Note

So to think that Paul had a thing against women in ministry would be a misconception of what he’s telling Timothy here. Because we also see him speaking of women prophesying in Corinthians. Women were a very vital part of his ministry in the three missionary journeys. So he wasn’t implying that at all. He was talking specifically of the problems that had risen up in the church of Ephesus that Timothy was pasturing and said let the women learn in silence . . because these were heathen women. See that’s the natural . .first the natural then the spiritual

1 Corinthians 15
45We follow this sequence in Scripture: The First Adam received life, the Last Adam is a life-giving Spirit. 46Physical life comes first, then spiritual-- 47a firm base shaped from the earth, a final completion coming out of heaven. 48The First Man was made out of earth, and people since then are earthy; the Second Man was made out of heaven, and people now can be heavenly. 49In the same way that we've worked from our earthy origins, let's embrace our heavenly ends

Soul is the Student, Spirit is the Teacher
If the dimension of me that is soulish, or my mind is feminine and is what conceives, then I should not let my soul teach me. Or let my mind take charge over my spirit, or talk me out of things or argue with the Word of God. There is a Sarai in every one of us, Sarai this contentious woman. I’m talking about this contentious woman in me, not about my natural wife that I’ve been married to for 18 years, there’s a Sarai in me. So that whenever the word of God is trying to come to me, then that woman tries to argue and says that’s impossible, as Sarai did.

Who is the harlot?
Who’s the mother of all harlots? It’s Eve. She was not Eve until after the fall. Before the fall, she was Adam. (Wow!!) We spent a lot of time, I’m going say this one last thing before we go into chapter 18. Who is the harlot? It is NOT the Roman Catholic church, traditional teaching, by that I mean 99% of your evangelical churches, I used to be one of them, taught that the harlot was the Catholic church because of the reference to the 7 hills and it’s common knowledge that Rome is referred to as the 7 hills of Rome. And because it’s in Rome that the Vatican, the throne of Catholicism resides, that this passage HAS to be pointing to the Catholic church as the whore.

The Wandering Mind
That is not the whore. The whore sits between your ears. The harlot is not just in your mind, it is your mind. She’s always wandering to places where she shouldn’t be wandering. In fact, you tell me, when you are focused completely on God, and your worshiping him with hands lifted up and praise on your lips . . . tell me if that woman between your ears is not wandering up and down alleys that you shouldn’t go. Can you tell me that your mind has NEVER wandered off on your train of thought? Not just left the topic, but wandered into forbidden lands where promiscuity resides, even though the rest of you, your body and spirit are completely somewhere else.

I mean you’re standing there worshiping the Lord, the spirit of God is just drenching you with his presence and your mind shifts gears on you and the next thing you know, your hands are still in the air, but your thought-pattern has left the building, and you have some of the most perverted, lustful, critical, condemning . .the list goes on . . .thoughts run through your head, Right?

I could spend another hour, telling you for sure that the whore is your mind. Why do you think that Jesus said in Matthew 5 that whenever a man looks upon a woman to lust after her, he as committed adultery, the activity of a harlot, in his heart. See we think that just has to do with lust in it’s basic meaning. But no, I commit adultery when I let my mind rule over me, dominating my attention, seducing me to lay with any thought that comes along. My mind isn’t going to teach me. What is? The male, the spirit, my husband, which is Christ. And that’s what I want to deal with in-depth in this lesson.

Married Twice?
Romans 7, we dealt with it in our last teaching, but a lot of people turn to that chapter when they want to beat people over the head with the issue of divorce. They miss it all together because, one, they don’t read the whole chapter, and two, they’re back to applying the letter of the word and missing the intent of the spiritual picture all together. As a result they don’t understand that what Paul is talking about there is that every one of us, every one of you here, have been married twice if you’re born again . . .Your first husband was the law. You were born bound to that husband. And I want to tell you, he was a wife beater. Tell me if that guy won’t beat you up and tell you that you’re worthless and won’t amount to anything of value. But he’s dead!

Revelation 18
7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

A Mind In Denial of Death
That’s what the harlot says I sit a queen, and I am no widow. The harlot, the natural mind, the carnal mind will not come into an admission that she is not a widow anymore and that her new husband she’s married to is Christ. But we who are fully come into the maturity of the knowledge of the Lord, come into this revelation by the death of our first husband, which is to the heart of flesh, the natural mindsets, and the remarrying to our second husband which is the spirit of the living God! I pray this is making sense.

See we’ve all lived with our first husband for so long, and we’ve learned his traits and behavior patterns so well that even though he’s dead, we still have a lot of his habit patterns going on inside us. And he’s alive in our members. In Romans 6, that’s the reason why Scripture talks about not letting sin reign in our members. But when you married the second husband, he looks at you and asks “Why are you doing that?” and you say “Well, I learned it from my first husband.” And the reason why you’re still doing those things is because like a lot of people who lose folks that they love very much, that they’re soul-mates with, they’re attached to that even when they die, the one left alive won’t move the other’s shoes or clothes, they leave their pictures out on their walls, they go so far as to not to touch anything in their bedroom so they can remember them just as nothing happened.

Rom. 6
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof

Memories of the Dead You
Understand with me I’m not just talking about natural widows, I’m talking about you. You get up every morning and his pictures are still on the wall and his socks are still in the drawer. But he’s dead, he’s gone, the old man is dead. But what we do is we get up every morning and we look at his reflection, the reflection of the old you, you still have pictures hanging in the corridors of your mind to keep you in remembrance of your old man. That’s the reason why God told Israel, when they went in to the promised land, he told them not to bring any of their memorabilia with them as keepsakes when they enter into their new homes in the promised land because he didn’t want any of those images in the chambers of their mind.

Close the Books on Your Past
Everyone of us need to go through and get rid of all those old pictures the old man. We need to get his old socks out of the drawer, what I mean by that is we get up every day and put his old socks on and we walk in that old walk, instead of walking in the newness of life. You need closure. That’s why water baptism is so important to the believer. It’s a picture of you taking your old husband to a watery grave, and bury him. That’s what so many people need, they need closure. You don’t need someone to lay hands on you and pray for you.

The reason why we have funerals is because we need that closure. We need to see his body disappear in the grave. So stop living in denial that your old man is dead. I’m not going to suffer that woman to speak in the church. That’s what Jesus was referring to in the early chapters of Revelation when addressing one of the seven churches about the woman of Jezebel. He wasn’t saying there’s a problem with the women in leadership, he was saying that the church has become too soulish and is operating under emotion rather than the planting seeds of life in the spirit.

Woman at the Well
That woman isn’t going to teach me. Now, I’ve let her talk a lot this week . . . to me. I’ve let the old man talk to me. And don’t look at me so pious because many of you have done the same. You remember whenever Jesus . . . there are so many different examples of this throughout all of Scripture, but remember when Jesus encountered this at the well? One of my favorite types, one of my favorite spiritual pictures and types, is this one. What does he say to her? You have been married 5 times and the one you’re with now isn’t your husband . . . 5 + 1 = 6, the number of man. It has to do with our senses.

I understand this woman was looking for love in all the wrong places. She thought in marrying one of these men, she’d eventually find one that would give her an identity she could relate to. And relieve her of her insecurities. But thank God she met the 7th man. And that’s what I’ve been trying to do with you is trying to help you understand . . .see she met the 7th man, when you read Romans 7 you’ll see more clearly what I’m talking about. Really, this is very important.

Editor’s Note
After looking up the reference to Romans 7 and seeing what it was, I was going to just continue on. But then I realized why not only should I pull it up, but also comment on it as well. The reason why I was just going to move on is because we’ve been here, we’ve seen the truth to this passage and it changed our identity. It’s the life over law principle. So because we, our church, has seen this liberating truth of why we’re not to govern ourselves according to the letter of the law, but instead, by transformed by the spirit, I was just going to skip the text.

But for those same exact reasons, I’m putting it in. There may be someone reading these pages who hasn’t come to that place where they can let go of the traditional mindsets the church has instilled in them and maybe by reading it from this perspective, they can be freed from their man-made religious bondages like we’ve been. I’ve included the entire chapter, the first in King James, then again with the Message translation.
End Note

Romans 7
1Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 5For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. 7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 12Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7
Torn Between One Way and Another
1You shouldn't have any trouble understanding this, friends, for you know all the ins and outs of the law--how it works and how its power touches only the living. 2For instance, a wife is legally tied to her husband while he lives, but if he dies, she's free. 3If she lives with another man while her husband is living, she's obviously an adulteress. But if he dies, she is quite free to marry another man in good conscience, with no one's disapproval. 4So, my friends, this is something like what has taken place with you. When Christ died he took that entire rule-dominated way of life down with him and left it in the tomb, leaving you free to "marry" a resurrection life and bear "offspring" of faith for God. 5For as long as we lived that old way of life, doing whatever we felt we could get away with, sin was calling most of the shots as the old law code hemmed us in. And this made us all the more rebellious. In the end, all we had to show for it was miscarriages and stillbirths. 6But now that we're no longer shackled to that domineering mate of sin, and out from under all those oppressive regulations and fine print, we're free to live a new life in the freedom of God. 7But I can hear you say, "If the law code was as bad as all that, it's no better than sin itself." That's certainly not true. The law code had a perfectly legitimate function. Without its clear guidelines for right and wrong, moral behavior would be mostly guesswork. Apart from the succinct, surgical command, "You shall not covet," I could have dressed covetousness up to look like a virtue and ruined my life with it. 8Don't you remember how it was? I do, perfectly well. The law code started out as an excellent piece of work. What happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of "forbidden fruit" out of it. The law code, instead of being used to guide me, was used to seduce me. Without all the paraphernalia of the law code, sin looked pretty dull and lifeless, 9and I went along without paying much attention to it. But once sin got its hands on the law code and decked itself out in all that finery, I was fooled, and fell for it. 10The very command that was supposed to guide me into life was cleverly used to trip me up, throwing me headlong. 11So sin was plenty alive, and I was stone dead. 12But the law code itself is God's good and common sense, each command sane and holy counsel. 13I can already hear your next question: "Does that mean I can't even trust what is good [that is, the law]? Is good just as dangerous as evil?" No again! Sin simply did what sin is so famous for doing: using the good as a cover to tempt me to do what would finally destroy me. By hiding within God's good commandment, sin did far more mischief than it could ever have accomplished on its own. 14I can anticipate the response that is coming: "I know that all God's commands are spiritual, but I'm not. Isn't this also your experience?" Yes. I'm full of myself--after all, I've spent a long time in sin's prison. 15What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. 16So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary. 17But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! 18I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. 19I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. 20My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time. 21It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. 22I truly delight in God's commands, 23but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge. 24I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question? 25The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.
End of Edit

It’s not just important to me that I get up here and unload a truckload of revelation. If you’re not getting it, then I’m not accomplishing anything. I’m just making your water muddy and I don’t want to do that. Now everything I’ve said up to this point in this session has been review and as we now go into chapter 18, again there’s a chapter division between 17 and 18 of Revelation, but the picture is still the same. The scene hasn’t changed.

Revelation 17
15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18
1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Light of the World
I combined the two passages so you could see how they’re continuous. Many people have tripped around this other angel that’s now come into John’s view. And of course, all through Revelation, we are dealing with little symbols or icons as we would call them. Who is this great angel that comes down with great power and lights the whole earth with his glory. This should be easy for us to conclude as to who it’s symbolizing. Especially since we’ve spent so much time on emphasizing who Revelation is about. And also noting that there’s no angel that has ever brought an aluminous glory to the whole earth but Jesus.

Spiritual Messengers
Now he’s called an angel here, but that doesn’t mean he actually has wings. In fact sometimes we miss meanings whenever we see the use of angels. It doesn’t always mean a winged creature as we’ve already pointed out in chapters 2 and 3 where the letters were written to the angels of the seven churches. It doesn’t mean there was a winged creature that presided over those congregations. In that case the word just means messenger.

I know, I’m also a messenger, I’m not angelic, but I also carry God’s message on my tongue and release his truth through my mouth. In fact sometimes you miss, remember Scripture states you entertain angels unaware . .remember that? (Heb. 13:2) You don’t even know when there’s an angel staring you in the face. So this messenger that comes we know it’s Jesus. Ezekiel 43 says concerning his coming that, he did lighten the world and the earth did shine with his glory

1Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: 2And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

Light = Revelation
In John 1 and all through John, he talks about himself being the light of the world. Why is that important? Because whenever we see light referred to in Scripture, it’s not just referring to natural light, but whenever you say “I got light on something” or “lets shed a little light on the subject” it’s referring to revelation, a revealing of something more, right? Enlighten the eyes of my understanding. . .

Eph 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

As wonderful as the apparatus of the eyeball is, if there’s no light, it can’t perceive or receive anything. So the reason why he comes with great power and illumination is because he’s getting ready to reveal something great here.

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies

Watering the Lamb
As I’ve already said, this is historically referring to Jerusalem because Israel was in fact, politically in bed with Rome. She was doing what was convenient. She was committing fornication. She was compromising the covenant of God for convenience purposes as we see a lot of that going on today. What was true then is true now. But I’m not talking about the natural Israel of today, I’m talking about the spiritual one, the church today. Because men are willing to compromise for the purpose of merchandise. They’re willing to water down the lamb. The very thing that God instructed the children of Israel when they left Egypt was that they were not to water down the lamb with water when they prepared to eat it. We’ve covered that before as well.

Not An Interpretation!!!!
The message of the cross has been watered down and there’s an easy believism that says ”come to Jesus and get all you can, so you can get rich” and I’m going to tell you that’s not the gospel. The gospel is “take up your cross and follow him . .” The gospel is . .”give it ALL up, everything.” The only way he can show you everything he is, is if you give up everything you have. Blended Edit No wonder so many people are confused as to why one pastor will say a Scripture says this, and another pastor takes that same passage and says, no, it says that . . .the cop-out comes when we say “oh well, all of Scripture is left up to the interpretation of the reader.”

Truth is not interpreted, it’s revealed. That’s what Jesus stated he’d build his kingdom on when Peter professed he was the Christ. Not that Peter said it, but that it was truth revealed to Peter by God, not by man. The reason why there’s such confusion in the church is because not only lay-people, but so many pastors are still trying to use the pulpit to elevate their own personal agendas. That’s not giving everything up for God. Jesus said the same thing about the Pharisees that would stand on the street corners in all of their brilliant robes and they would make a show of their religion. They’d make a big deal about their giving so that “people would see” how generous they were. Freedom is not a show, it’s the wages you get when you let go of your own identity and you allow him to transform you into His.
End Edit
My Reflection isn’t Always a Pretty Thing
The whore will give you anything as long as you’re willing to pay the price. She’ll satisfy you, gratify you, she’ll do anything to you. And that’s the church system today and I’m sorry if that sounds abrasive, I don’t mean to apologize for the truth. I’m not sorry for saying what it is, I’m sorry that the church can’t see it enough to repent herself. The reason why a lot of people don’t like me is because I’m not a Delilah ministry. You can’t lay your head in my lap and let me scratch your ears. I’m not a whore. I know men who are greatly gifted who have made themselves whores.

They come every week and people gather and people lay their heads in his lap and he’ll stroke the heads of the people and tickle their minds with catchy phrases and pass milk on to them and call it meat. Scripture talks about the time coming when people won’t endure sound doctrine, but they would heap to themselves teachers having itching ears. We’ve touched on this before as well, but it’s still worth mentioning and keeping truth on the forefront of our minds lest we fall back into ditches that are always there trying to pull us off the middle of his road.

2 Timothy 4
1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

1I can't impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, 2so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple. 3You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food--catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. 4They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. 5But you--keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.

Towers (pulpits) of Babylon (confusion)
We live in a very confusing Christian culture where it’s more of a religious smorgasbord and you can find whatever you want to hear. You can always find somebody out there that will say what you like if you look long enough and it confuses people who are really hungry. While at the same time it satisfies the carnal Christians out there because they’ll run from one place to the next until they find somebody that says something that won’t upset them so much. But it will instead satisfy their religious appetites for self-gratification.

But it confuses the world, they don’t know who Christ is, they can’t see at all who Jesus is. His visage is marred more than any other man. They don’t know what he looks like. They turn on the television and go from one preacher to the next and one guy says one thing and another guy says something else. That’s the reason why . . .if there’s anything I want to focus on in this study of Revelation, is that it’s not about atomic war heads or the antichrist, or the mark of the beast, but it’s about what it says it’s about. It’s about the unveiling of Jesus Christ! Who he is in us and who we are in him. It’s the illumination of Christ coming back again in the flesh THROUGH the saints. It’s not about when the church leaves, it’s about when Jesus comes!

Last edited by cross-eyed on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

2 Tape Twenty Seven part 2 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

cross-eyed

So Jerusalem is in bed with everybody, 1st dimension, and the church is in bed with every body 2nd dimension, and may I go so far as to say that we too find ourselves in bed with everybody as well when we reject the true Christ for some carnaled-covered message that we’re told is the gospel. (3rd dimension) Jesus came and he pronounced judgment on Babylon. He called Jerusalem Babylon. A place that was once a holy city, but became an unholy city. A place that had been the most holy place on earth, the temple of Solomon was even built there. It was once the richest place on the planet. The glory of God came in such weight that the priests couldn’t even stand. But this same place, which is so critical for us to grasp, places that were once so holy and committed to God have become unholy and perverted, filled with confusion. Babylon means confusion.

That tower of Babel that we’ve talked so much about; they built a tower, tower means pulpit, and there are towers of Babel that are all over this city of men that have built something in their own name. And it’s not being built by Jesus. Babylon isn’t just a commercial system. It’s not the stock market either. Babylon is what is called the church, but not the true church.

and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird . . . It’d be good sometime to turn over to Leviticus 11 and consider the unclean animals that God talks about in the whole system of things with ancient Israel. But what I want you to see, and we’ve given you a snapshot of this before. If you remember with the story of Noah, this righteous man. The Bible says the end of all flesh had come. God had repented of creating man because of the evil and with wickedness of men’s flesh.

Pattern In Noah
Noah, who was a righteous man found grace in the eyes of God and you know the story that has been told to us about he ark he built and all of it’s implications. Why was it 3 stories high? Why did they have one door and one window? Why was it pitched within and without? We’ve talked all about that because all of that was a prophetic picture of how God was not going to take us out of the world, but preserve us in the world. The reason why Jesus, when he is talking about the judgment in the world and the judgment of the world, also, is not something that is coming in some great apocalyptic event in the year 2,000. The judgment of the world has been going on for a long time.

It All Begins At the Temple
I’m not really concerned about the judgment of the world because according to Scripture, judgment starts at the house of God. I’m concerned about that. Because if you are in the ark, then it really doesn’t matter what’s going on outside. God’s not going to take us out of here. That’s why Jesus said . .I’m sorry to announce or maybe to reconfirm to you that the flight has been cancelled due to inclement weather. It’s not thy kingdom go . .it’s thy kingdom come!! I’m not trying to take issue with you and understand that I know in the last few months that I have put myself in a position where it sounds like I’m argumentative. And I’m taking this strong approach to a debate, that’s not what I’m attempting to do at all.

Coming of the Son of Man
But I have seen something there and I think it’s valid. Jesus said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the coming of the Son of man . . . as far as the coming of the Son of man, he has come again and again and again and again. But the coming of the Son of man was 2000 years ago. The Son of God came as the Son of man so that the sons of men could become the Son of God. As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man was 2000 years ago when he came to this earth.

But this time it wasn’t Noah building an ark, it was Jesus. And he pitched within and without. In other words he sealed it within and without. The word “pitch” there is really atonement. And he consummated and culminated every day of atonement that had been recognized from the days of Aaron until the days of the high-priest of the New Testament who is “our” high-priest, Jesus. He atoned us. He sealed us within and sealed us without. Not to take us out, but to take us through.

Clean and Unclean Birds
What’s that got to do with these birds? Because Noah did something that was interesting and prophetic in nature. He releases after . . .and I’ve got a whole message that God is beginning to put in my heart concerning Mount Ararat. Because it was there that the ark came to rest and Ararat means the curse is reversed. In fact he was trying to start all over again with the 8 souls, the number for new beginnings. 8 souls walked out into a whole new world. The world had just been baptized by a flood and judgment of God. And Noah walked out into a new world. God was trying to reseed the earth.

Because he had not abandoned his original mandate that he gave to Adam to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue everything. And I want to announce to you that just like he gave Adam authority over everything, as far as a bird can fly in the air and as deep as a fish can swim. And when he gave him authority over fish and foul, it was not just over natural birds . . .

Gen 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It’s not just natural fish and birds that he’s talking about, like eagles that can fly thousands of feet in the air. Or fish that can swim miles deep in the ocean. But things the fly in the air have to do with spiritual things. All through the Bible you see that birds have to do with spiritual things, with spirits or carriers of things. Whenever he talks about the kingdom of God in Matthew 13 and he talks about this seed bringing forth herb, this great tree, of the mustard seed, he says all the fowls of the air will be drawn to it and roost in it’s branches.

Revealing Raven
Whenever Abraham sacrifices before God, the fowl of the air come and try to take his sacrifice. Those fowl represent evil spirits. So what does Noah do? He releases a raven and a dove. But when he releases the raven, Scripture says it just went to and fro (Gen. 8:7) But there’s no indication that the raven ever came back. But the raven went to and fro. He was an unclean bird. He’s like the waves of the sea, being tossed in the same manner, to and fro. He’s a flesh eater, he eats dead meat. Carnal. Carni. Carnal means flesh. Carnal, carni, carnivorous. A carnivorous animal. The reason why he feeds on your head, he feeds on your mind of flesh . . .But that bird never returned to the ark. (The ark is Christ, the unclean bird never came back to Christ) He flew to and fro on the earth (earth represent flesh, that’s why he didn’t come back, it’s a picture of our carnal nature, it choose earthy things over spiritual every time.) and he never came back.

Delving into the Dove
He then sent out the dove, it came back, and then he sent it out a second time, when the waters had abated he came back with an olive branch in his mouth. Because when he sent the dove out, which is the Holy Spirit, he flew from Genesis 6 all the way to Matthew 3 and he found an Olive branch standing in the river of death, the Jordan, and he brought that olive branch back to let you know that the judgment of God has been consummated and culminated in Jesus as he stood in the waters of baptism for all of our sins. And he brought this olive branch back declaring peace to every one of us.

Making it Personal
But this other unclean bird kept on flying from Genesis 6 to Revelation 17. This unclean bird. You know when you’ve met a few unclean birds, right? They love road-kill. There are people that lodge in the branches of local churches and the reason why they come flying in and roost there is because they can smell a cadaver from miles away. They can smell dead carcasses. They can smell corpses that haven’t been buried. Stuff that you’ve been carrying around like, unforgiveness.

Body of Death
Paul spoke of this who shall deliver me from this body of death (Rom. 7:24) Remember that image in ancient times, if somebody murdered someone, part of the sentence they had to carry out was the person they murdered would be tied to them and they had to drag around this dead body everywhere they went. Some of you are walking with dead bodies strapped to your back because you won’t let go of the old man. And those spirits will come and lodge in your house, and nest in it. And you wonder why you struggle at getting rid of this bad attitude or these bad habits that seem to haunt you when all along, there are vultures roosting in your house, hateful birds it says.

Hateful, unclean birds. They smell that stuff and they flock toward the aroma, the smell of rotting flesh. That’s why you need to go ahead and bury all your issues. Bury the old man and stop carrying him around.

Revelation 18
3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies

Jesus Was and Is The Earthquake In All Of Us
This is true again, of Israel, of Jerusalem. Up until that time when Jesus comes into the temple and he turns over the tables of the money changers . . . it was a wealthy, wealthy city. The system of spiritual sacrifice, why did Jesus get so upset and turn the tables over? Yes, because it was prophesied and he fulfilled prophecy. But in many cases with the Old Testament prophecies dealing with Jesus, they were simply spiritual announcements of changes that God was doing to the religious system through Christ. Jesus didn’t do those things “just” because it was prophesied. He did them to establish not only prophecy, but pattern.

The reason why he was so upset was because when the people came to commemorate the feasts as they were required to do, they would come in from all over not only Israel but from whatever country they were living in. Even though they moved out of Israel, they still were required to pay tribute to Israel. That’d be like us moving to Canada and still paying taxes in the U.S. Sounds odd until you realize that even in the U.S. if you lived in Canada, but still owned land in the U.S. that you’d still have to pay U.S. taxes. It’s not where you are, but what you own. The only difference with Israel was, they were as much a part of Israel as it was a part of them. So, when they came in to buy their sacrifices, they had to go to booths and exchange their currency for local money in order to buy a sacrifice.

Buy A Sacrifice, Rather Than Bring My Own
And there was extortion going on, price gouging was rampant everywhere. Just look at how the Jews despised the tax-collectors of their day. Men were charged high rates for the exchange of money and Jesus observed this immediately and not only did he see this, but he saw something more than that. He saw that people were willing, instead of bringing their own sacrifice to God, they were willing to buy it from somebody else. Which is indicative to a lot of church services today. People are willing to come to a church where they don’t have to participate, but instead just be spectators. If they can’t be a dictator, they want to just be spectators.

You have those that want to dictate everything that goes on in the church. They use their polished false-humility with their claim to ministry when in reality, it’s the control that they’re after. “Need to keep the Pastor in line . . .” They don’t openly say that, that would be to blatant even for them. No, they just keep quiet about their agendas and “let the ministry speak on their behalf.” Then you get the couch potatoes where they’d much rather be in a church where they don’t have to stand up to worship, get involved with the service, they can be spoon-fed scriptural principals and see a show where they can come and observe.

Whorehouses With Steeples
And they are willing to give a lot of money for it, large amounts of contribution. They’re willing to give money for their sacrifices, but they won’t bring their own. Their committing fornication! I’m sorry, they’re selling their birthright. They’re committing fornication. They would be upset hearing me say that, but the kings of the earth frequently commit fornication with her. They do it on every Sunday morning, I’m going to tell you the biggest whorehouse in town are the ones with steeples on them. Some of you think I’m just saying these things off the cuff, but what I’m saying to you, I’m very serious about. A right picture of this would be those not only eager to be in ministry, but also quick to submit to others at the same time.

You better believe it’s a difficult thing for men these days to walk in integrity and character. I have people coming to me all the time, whether they come directly or indirectly, they will often infer things to me. And I could play the game and have a lot more money and more people and get a lot more things, and I’m not trying to slap myself on the back, but I want you to know the man of God you have at this pulpit can’t be bought, I’m not a whore. I’m not interested in any backseat relationship. It’s not a red-light district.

Babylon Isn’t Just a Specific Church/doctrine
They’re drunk on the wine of their wrath and fornication . . .which is true now as it was then. People are drunk on the wine of fornication. Maybe in the last few months, I really need to say this, maybe lately I have appeared to sound like I’m calling everyone other than us a harlot. Every church on every corner is pointing at the other calling it a whore. That’s not what I’m doing, you don’t leave Babylon just by coming out of a particular church, denomination or religious organization. Babylon is a mindset.

The Joseph Analogy
And what’s in this cup of 17 and 18 of Revelation that everyone is drinking out of. . do you know how to tell the difference between drinking out of the cup of Babylon and drinking from the cup of Christ? One of these days we’ll reach in and grab this story out about Joseph who’s a type of the redeemer, the perfect Old Testament type of Jesus. Of how God brought him down into Egypt, just like Jesus, when he was a little boy, he was led into Egypt by his parents for the purpose of preserving his family.

He was sent down there and he had visions, he was ill-treated by his brothers, just like Jesus was. He came unto his own and his own received him not. Remember when the famine hit the land and his brothers came to visit and they didn’t even recognize him, just as they didn’t recognize Jesus when he they came to him for spiritual food due to the famine that they too were experiencing. They didn’t recognize Joseph, but Joseph did a unique thing, he asked about the youngest son Benjamin. He put a little silver cup and hid it in Benjamin’s sack of grain. What kind of cup? Silver, a type of redemption.

Contrasting Cups
In contrast, this whore is drinking out of a golden cup. She’s drinking wine, it has some kind of spiritual dimension to it as wine is a type of the spirit. Be not drunk with wine where it is excess, but be ye filled with the spirit . . she’s drinking out of a golden cup, it’s wine that’s spiritually intoxicating, but it’s a Babylonian message. If it were a message of redemption, it’d be a silver cup that she drinks from. Whenever they found the silver cup that was hidden in the grain sack of Benjamin, they cried out This is the kings cup!! The interesting thing about it, it was empty right? It was a cup of redemption, and it was empty.

Babylonian Cup = All About Me
I know that I’m drinking from a Babylonian cup that intoxicates me when I’m constantly hearing a message emphasizing my own pain and process and problems of what I’m going through and how I can overcome them through my own faith, faith in my charisma, ministry, and abilities. Because it’s intoxicating for me to hear every week, about how hard it is and what I’m going through. But when I finally find and empty cup, the kings cup of redemption, I know that Jesus said long ago Father if it’d be thy will . .let this “cup” pass from me. But he didn’t, Hebrews 12 states that he tasted . .can you hear what I’m saying at all???

Christ’s Cup = All About HIM
I know that I am drinking not from a Babylonian cup, but I’m drinking from the cup of Christ, when I’m drinking something, I’m ingesting something that’s causing me to get over me, and find out who Christ is in me. And not always having to go to a church that will prop me up and bolster me . . .because people love the intoxication that comes from hearing messages that tells them how hard things are for them and how difficult things are, how hard life has been on them and gives them excuse for moaning and groaning and complaining and murmuring and wandering in a wilderness of meaninglessness all their life.

Why don’t you go ahead and cross Jordan, and let the ancestral carcasses of your past be buried and come into a new land and know that you’re a new man in Christ Jesus.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow

Personal Admission
We’ll not spend much time with this passage because we’ve already talked about how much Scripture states she has glorified herself and live deliciously. It’ saddens me and I know I have to be careful because a lot of time my attitude’s not right when dealing with the church. It grieves me to see the commercialization of Christianity. I’m having a hard time building buildings and doing what I’m supposed to do because you’re so weary of so many of the preachers you encounter has one hand shaking yours while the other is wrapped around you and feeling for your wallet. That doesn’t mean by any means that I’m not open to giving, but the commercialization is awful isn’t it. They live deliciously don’t they.

10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. 11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men. 14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing

The Church is Rich
I know I say this a lot, but I guess what we ought to do is pray for them rather than continue pointing out what’s wrong with it. As it goes on talking about the silk and scarlet and vessels of ivory and on and on all these things were abundant in Jerusalem which is also very true of the church today. Do you realize why the IRS is so hot after church organizations? Because they realize the billions of dollars that go through they’re doors. It would stagger you to know how much money circulates through churches.

I’m not just talking about among the people, I’m talking about what goes in the offering plates. And it would sadden you to know that the way these funds are extracted from people is through manipulation. I pray right now that God would open the eyes of these prophets of Balaam, these prophets for profit. Who use their gifting and charisma to get on television and reach through the screen to take money that are laced with manipulation and they appeal to your own insecurities and they appeal to your great and you getting out of debt . . .they even capitalize, I’m sorry but many of them don’t even know what the year of jubilee means.

Proclaiming Spiritual Claims Through Carnal Understanding
And I hear them crying out from their platforms ”this is the year of jubilee and we’re all going to be delivered from debt . .” and they don’t understand that the fundamental message of jubilee isn’t about being free from the financial debt, but it’s about getting free from the debt of unforgiveness that we have one toward another. In fact some of you right now, your biggest problem isn’t your mortgage or your financial debt. That’s why Scripture says owe no man nothing but love . . if you get that stuff straightened out you’d be amazed at how quickly your natural debts will be retired.

Spiritual Balaams
This spirit of Balaam, if you know the story about him, his greed dictated his gifting. I see it everywhere and it grieves my heart and sometimes my attitude gets really bad and I stand there and quote Scriptures at the television, and I get upset. Maybe what I ought to be doing is . . . I’m just as wrong as they are when I take that kind of attitude against them. I pray that God would call these men that have true gifting, yes, it’s a true gifting that God gave them originally. That’s what confuses us, they have a genuine gifting you recognize that what they have is an anointing.

But they’re perverting their anointing do you know why? Because they’re giving in to their financial pressures, and the peer pressures and they’re giving in to what people want. They’re getting in bed with everybody. They’re afraid if they tell the truth, no one will buy it! If not for the grace of God, I’d be one of them! I’ve been approached by the same spirit! If there’s anything he’s graced me with, and I thank him daily for this, but there’s just something in me that is repulsed every time I see or am approached by someone who wants to buy the gift of God.

I’d rather have two people that want the truth unadulterated, than 2,000 that just want me to spiritually fondle them all the time. How is Babylon destroyed? It’s not going to be destroyed by men like me who stand up and carry on every Sunday about how perverted everyone else is. That’s not how it’s going to be destroyed, but how will it be destroyed?

Editor’s Note
He skips on to verse 21, but I want to touch on one other passage between where we are and where he jumps to

17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate. 20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

We’ve seen ships in Scripture and saw their significance and what they symbolized, remember? The ark of Moses, and Noah were great examples of the original purpose of a ship was to protect and also a symbol of redemption. Those arks were spiritual pictures, and also established patterns of what a natural ship symbolizes. Sorry, I have to do this . . .

Exodus 2
1And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi. 2And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. 3And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink. 4And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him. 5And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it. 6And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.

Let’s Revelate!
Here we go! Verse one, the man of the house of Levi. Understanding that this picture is not a natural house, but a spiritual one, which would direct this right at us, as we are all temples, dwelling places, houses in which the spirit of God resides. Not just a house, but a house of Levi, a priestly lineage! It was only the Levites that could minister in the tabernacle, which again is a type and shadow of Christ. The man of the house (spirit) took to wife a daughter of Levi (soul in submission to the spirit, church in submission to Christ) she bare a son (Reproduction! Recreation!) and she saw he was goodly and hid him . This is the act of a Fathering Spirit. We see only the goodliness in our spiritual offspring and there is a time we protect them, cover them with our prayers and love, interestingly, it was for 3 months, a divine covering with the intent for the offspring to mature into resurrection life!

Ships of Philosophical Religion
Then with Jonah’s boat, and others in the New Testament we saw how ships formed a pattern of the fact that they were our belief systems. Doctrines, philosophies, denominations, these were the ships. Those that manned them were what we see as the leadership of those doctrines and such. But look at what verse 19 says, these guys used the sea for their own profit.

I did not come up with the ship as a type of the church in order for it to fit my ideologies on why I think the church as a whole is missing the truth of the message of Christ. And as much as Randal has made references about the condition of the church, I am a bit surprised that he didn’t bring this connection up either. But regardless of what we think about the church’s current state overall, the pattern depicted here does actually fit in with all that’s been said on it.

I do think that the church does get caught up in the commercialization of religion and millions of dollars circulates through the process and often times churches and Pastors get fat off the profit, and yes, I’m sure there is money that does actually get out to the areas they claim it goes to, but the key here is, not to become offended, but to become aware that there is truth to what’s been said about the current state of the church over all.

But imagine if that were Paul or Peter on your television screen. Do you think they would be wearing thousand-dollar suits and have the above average houses and all the perks that go with those powerful positions in the church? It does remind me of one of the conventions we went to last year with Foursquare. One of the speakers whole message was on how to recognize influential people and get them engaged in ministry. It made me very uneasy just listening to them and what they look for in new-comers and how much people are measured by the amount or consistency of tithes they bring in. Here’s the same passage in the Message translation

17in one hour such wealth wiped out! "All the ship captains and travelers by sea, sailors and toilers of the sea, stood off at a distance 18and cried their lament when they saw the smoke from her burning: "Oh, what a city! There was never a city like her!' 19They threw dust on their heads and cried as if the world had come to an end: Doom, doom, the great city doomed! All who owned ships or did business by sea Got rich on her getting and spending. And now it's over--wiped out in one hour

Verse 19 here brings out another thought on how we see many people emphasize the state of Israel today, which again is the same people that this picture in Revelation is talking about historically. It’s as though they base the future of our success entirely on the state of Israel. As they go, so goes the rest of the world. And their one message becomes an entire money-making industry. Do I think Israel still plays a major role in spiritual things today? Absolutely, and I also think that it’s become such a hot topic that it’s distracting believers from seeing the revelation of Jesus as well. Think about what verse 19 is actually saying. If the ships do not represent doctrinal mindsets and religious philosophies, then what other picture would God be painting for us in this passage? Literal ships that make money importing and exporting goods to Israel?
End Note

21And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. 22And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; 23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

It’s Definitely Israel
How’s Babylon going to be destroyed? It’s there in verse 21. For those of you that have a problem with my application of Babylon being paralleled with Israel, look at verse 24. What great city has found in it the blood of the prophets all the way from Abel to Zechariah? I feel sorry for people who’s focus is still on natural things and you’re waiting for something to happen in the middle east. You ought to understand that you are the Jerusalem of God. Have you not read Hebrews chapter 12? You are the city of God, God destroyed that city through the arm of Titus 2,000 years ago in 70 A.D.

Neither Male Nor Female
And they’ve tried to put it back together. You ask “What about the great exodus? What about the great return? I’m not anti-Semitic, but I know that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28) I’m not anti-Semitic, but I am tired of being looked down upon because my name or identity doesn’t end or have some Jewish flare to it. He who is a Jew is not one outwardly Scripture says in Romans 9, but inwardly. So I’m not taking issue with or jumping on those folks, they need Jesus just as I needed him. They have to come to the cross just like I had to come to the cross. So stop elevating and emphasizing people with whom you’re equals with . .make any sense to you?

The Millstone
So he talks about this great millstone, Jesus states that if you hinder even these little ones, it’d be better if you had a millstone tied around your neck and cast into the sea. He’s talking about how people are hindered from coming into the kingdom of God. Israel had done that and they had the key of knowledge the Bible says and they wouldn’t let anybody in. (Luke 11:52) I’m not just talking about the Jewish people, I’m again, talking about a spirit that’s in the church and it manifests in those who stand and proclaim “we’ve got it all, we’ve got the key of knowledge”.

I’ve heard that all my life in Pentecostal circles. I thought that we were the only ones going to heaven. They sang a song in the denomination that I was growing up in and this is what they sang when they received new members into the church . . .”The church of God is right, hallelujah to the Lamb. The church of God is RIGHT hallelujah to the Lamb. . .”

Some of you were raised on the same kind of junk, where you were suspecting everybody else being not only wrong, but hell-bound because of it. That’s the reason why God, about 40 or 50 years ago decided to pour out the Holy Ghost on a group of Catholic nuns and we Pentecostals just stand around scratching our heads “Man, I don’t understand that . . .”
Transdenominationist

What are we now? Are we interdenominational? Are we nondenominational? No, we’re “trans-“denominational. I hope that means that we’re just going to transcend all that junk. If anybody asks you from now on who we are . . . I don’t even have a sign up out in front of our church here. Some of you have been wondering why I don’t have a sign and I told my wife “I don’t want a sign.” I mean we put up signs announcing that we’re full gospel and at best, the truth is we’re “maybe” 2/3 gospel. I’m going to put a sign up eventually, but I’m tired of being labeled.

How’s Babylon destroyed?
Remember he talks here about this millstone being cast into the sea and in Isaiah 57:20 says 20But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. When it refers to the sea, we know it’s talking about humanity right? We’ve dealt with that in depth. The double-minded man is like the sea that is tossed to and fro. But who is this millstone? I believe this millstone is Jesus. You can either fall into it, or fall because of it. You can either fall on it, or it’ll fall on you. It even grinds you into powder, he is our millstone.

Millstone = Act of Creating Something
In fact tradition throughout history is that God laid a millstone down and created the whole universe from it. That’s secular history. He laid a big millstone down and he sat on it, established his throne with it by creating the whole universe out of it. The millstone is a symbol of creation, the expanse of creation. But where was it cast? What’s going to destroy Babylon? When the millstone is cast into the sea. When Jesus is thrown into all of the confusion of humanity. And the tossing to and fro and the up and down and we believe this and then that and we’ve been tossed around so much in our theologies and doctrines that we don’t know what to believe.

An End to Confusion Is Coming
And Jesus is cast into it, he’s going to remove Babylon. That great city of confusion is going to be thrown down once and for all and will not be found anymore. There’s coming a day when all this stuff we’ve been talking about, denominations, religious imaginations, all that will be destroyed because there’s going to be a rock cut out of the mountain, not made or intimidated, not touched by human hands, and it’s going to roll off the main mountain and slam into everything we thought was of God and he’s going to destroy it all, just as Daniel saw in his visions and dreams. A rock was cut out of the mountain and it’s rolling on the earth getting bigger and bigger like a snowball until it hits the image of Nebuchadnezzar.

The image, you know what the image is? It’s this mult-faced, this strange thing we call Christianity. And it’s got all these different looks in it. Cast it in the sea kind of reminds me of how Jesus said concerning Jonah being in the sea 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the great fish, the sign of Jonah, as he was in the belly of the great fish for 3 days and 3 nights so shall the Son of man be in the heart of the earth. To bring peace back to the tormented sea, Jonah had to be thrown into it. In order for there to be peace in the midst of the storm, joy unspeakable, Jesus had to become earthbound so that we could become Heaven bound.

The Great Fish
That great fish that swallowed Jonah represents Adam. Remember Jesus said he’d make you fishers of men? The biggest fish in the sea is Adam. What Jesus likened is death burial and resurrection to was going into it and becoming one with the biggest fish in the sea. . .Adam. Like Jonah got inside that fish, Jesus got inside of Adam. And he went to the deepest place, that’s why Jesus said as Jonah was in the belly of that great fish for 3 days and nights so shall the Son of man be in the heart of the earth. Jesus got inside of the biggest fish of all just as Jonah got inside a great fish and went to the bottom . . .in fact whenever you read about it in the book of Jonah, when that fish went to the depths, Jonah referred to it as the gates of hell.

The Revelation of a Pearl
Didn’t he? He got inside that fish in the torrent waves that were about to sink the ship and it took him down to the gates of hell. That’s why Jonah was a sign of what Jesus would do in death, burial and resurrection. Jesus got inside the biggest fish of all and went down into the depths of humanity, to the depths of the sea. That’s why you find pearls in the depths of the sea. That’s why the entrance to the New Jerusalem is made of pearls. Pearls are found at the bottom of the sea. Jesus went to the bottom of the sea to become the entrance for all of humanity into this city that we’re getting ready to walk in to.

Millstones are what you grind up wheat with so you can ingest it and digest it. You know what I want to be? My heart’s cry is to be a millstone ministry in your life so you can get it. So you can understand it, so I can break it down where you can eat it so you can swallow it. The meal offering was made of fine flower and I want you to be able to eat Christ.

22And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; 23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Church Sorcery
Thy sorceries . . .that’s a strong word, but sorcery is what we’ve been describing here that goes on in many charismatic churches, sorcery. It really is. Characteristics of Babylon is that there’s no voices of harpers anymore. Psalm 137 when they were required by their captors to play a song and they couldn’t

1Alongside Babylon's rivers we sat on the banks; we cried and cried, remembering the good old days in Zion. 2Alongside the quaking aspens we stacked our unplayed harps; 3 That's where our captors demanded songs, sarcastic and mocking: "Sing us a happy Zion song!" 4Oh, how could we ever sing GOD's song in this wasteland?

Remember that? I’m telling you there’s an unrest and an unsettlement that’s going on in Babylon out there. And some of you who think that what we do here is wild and crazy and doesn’t appeal to the majority and maybe the form of worship that we participate in and some of the things we do here in this church that these things wouldn’t be palatable to the religious majority of the community. I want to announce to you that the day is coming when the voice of the harpers and the trumpeters will no longer be heard in Babylon.

And their ear is going to be tuned to hearing where there is a fresh sound, a new song, the announcement of a new day. And they’re going to find little hidden places like this and they’ll come. God spoke to me this afternoon when I was getting ready for the service and he spoke to me about somebody whom I’d walked with for years who now our differences are great in understanding where we are right now in present truth and the proceeding word. Right now I’m sure he thinks I’m a heretic and that’s all right. But God spoke to me this afternoon and said that the day would come when this man would call me, hungry again for the word of the Lord.

A Candle in the Wind
No musicians, no pipers, no prophetic voice, a trumpet is a prophetic voice. No craftsmen. No master builders, no real apostles. There’s a remnant of people and I’m not trying to sound exclusive by any means but there’s a remnant of people that are looking for master builders, apostles who have revelation. Craftsmen. No sound of the millstone, those who are able to grind out truth. No candle light it says, no illumination, no revelation. Pro 20:27 The spirit of man [is] the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

The voice of the bridegroom is not heard. No present truth or preceding word. The voice of the bride. And you know what he’s coming for saints? He’s going to return just like he said he would, but he’s not coming for a little girl, he’s coming for a bride. He’s not coming for a little girl with no breasts. Remember the Song of Solomon where he says my little sister says she hath no breasts . . .what that means is, she’s not old enough, she’s not mature enough yet to nurse babies.

And the church thinks after being left here 2000 years that we’re a big girl now and we’re ready. But the problem with that is if he really gave us the big harvest that he’d like to give us and Zion travailed and she brought forth children little babies were born in the same mathematical proportion that they were born again on the day of Pentecost. On the day of Pentecost, they were born again, thousands per day, they couldn’t even calculate them because the church was growing so fast.

Premature Parenting
The reason why we’re not seeing the multiplication of people in the body of Christ is because we’re not ready to feed them yet. It’s a sad thing, ya know. And that’s not a condemnation, what it ought to be is an encouragement to us and say “Lord we repent of our immaturity and impatience. We’re always wanting things we’re not ready for.” I don’t want things I’m not ready for. A little girl, 13 years old can have a baby, but she’s too young and not fully grown herself to be a mother yet. She don’t know how to feed or take care of it.

”Lord let us grow, let us mature in you. Let this group of people before me get to the place until our hearts swell, until our breasts are full of the sincere milk of the Word. Because newborn babes have to have that sincere milk of the Word.” You understand that what I say to you now, I couldn’t say to little babies. I don’t apologize for that and I’m not backing up from it, but what I have to share can’t be digested by little babies. God’s going to let this bride in this house that she matures so that she gets to the point that the voice of the bride is heard in you. There’s something in you that will nourish and give milk to these little ones that God wants to bring into his kingdom and realm of understanding.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum