APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is better to give

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 It is better to give on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:54 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
What is the purpose of works? Is it to give or is it to receive? If our viewpoint of our works is to receive salvation, that is to miss the mark, but if our viewpoint of our works is to give salvation that is to hit the mark in the center, to be centered, centered on Christ, for that is to be like Christ.

Christ said it is better to give than to receive, when this is viewed in the literal sense, meaning in the physical sense, we work to obtain possessions, but when it is viewed in the spiritual sense, what the Father possess is love, compassion and forgiveness, and because of the work that Christ did, we have already obtained everything (freely given to us), therefore our motive for our works has changed from receiving to giving. But before the motive can be manifested in us through our physical flesh, the perspective of it has to be changed within our mind and within our heart.

It is a transference of an inheritance, the inheritance that Christ received from the Father upon the cross and what He received to be resurrected, (which can be viewed as glory upon glory) and these things have now been given to us in order for us to give it away, and that it is to be given away freely and what I have come to understand about that is that no one should have to do anything in order for them to receive from us and that in itself (the giving) is focused upon love, compassion and forgiveness. Those are the things that have been freely given to us so that we can freely give them away to others. Our whole purpose is to give what we have received.

Should a person have to ask to be forgiven from us (Sons of Light), no, it should always be an automatic reflex in us and through us, and that is because of the new nature that has been given to us, the Father’s Divine Nature through Christ and His works. The same goes for love and compassion, these things should be automatic, we should not have to stop and think about what to do.

There is a lot more to this than just what I have written and I know for a fact that as some of you read this, more and more will come to mind, connections to other principles of Christ. It may not seem so important at this time, but I was led to write this out this morning and post it. If it only brings one person a new perspective, than it has accomplished it’s goal, for His word does not return void.

Blessings to all
Jugghead

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: It is better to give on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Sweetie,

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was what Paul said in Eph.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And also...

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

I've often heard that we can't give what we don't have...I myself have even quoted that....but, the thing of it is...the scriptures tell us that....2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

So your right we do have these wonderful works within us in Christ....but...we must "Attain" unto them or they must be "in worked" within us....before we can properly give them to others....or at least that's what I have come to understand...as we share in The Fellowship of the Sufferings of Christ we also are partakers of His Glory which is His Divine Nature....this is where I believe Religion misses it....Because His Nature is Life, Light Love, compassion, and forgiveness...and this is something you don't find in Religion....

This also brings to mind what Jesus said about Greater works than these would we do....Greater than the miracles He did???....You bet....For which is Greater....to literally open blinded eyes so they can see the world around them... or spiritually open blinded eyes so they can see The Christ?

Which is Greater to raise the dead to life.... only to die again....or to spiritually raise the Dead by speaking to them The Word of Life that they never die? To me these are The Greater Works that He spoke of...
These are the works that we should not only walk in...but speak forth and give to all who thirst...

Walk In:
per-ee-pat-eh'-o
From G4012 and G3961; to tread all around, that is, walk at large (especially as proof of ability); figuratively to live, deport oneself, follow (as a companion or votary): - go, be occupied with, walk (about).

Love you bunches

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: It is better to give on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Holly1

Both of these posts blessed me immensely. When I read Jugg's it was like I was being washed on the inside, is the only way to describe it. When I read Artic's it was like more light coming in. Thanks to you both for sharing and thanks especially to our Father from whom all truth originates. <3

God bless you guys. <3

4 Re: It is better to give on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Thank you so much for your words Holly ... and the washing on the inside ... you spoke about in yourself is a direct connection to the "inworking" that Artic mentioned.

And to Artic ... Hi Love ... quoting you ....

ARTIC wrote:

So your right we do have these wonderful works within us in Christ....but...we must "Attain" unto them or they must be "in worked" within us....before we can properly give them to others....

You know me and details, especially specifics in differences ...

and what I see in the word "attain", it is a goal to be reached, a looking forward to .... now ... the word "obtain" is a synonyn for "attain" accoring to the dictionary ... but the difference between the two is what they are directly connected to ....

What I mean by that is: the word "attain" is directly connected to the goal to be reached ... where as the word "obtain" is directly connected to the work of obtaining the goal .... even though they are very similar and very closely related ... this slight difference is a reference to the difference between law and grace ....

and it is directly connected to what I first posted in giving and receiving ....

the word "attain" as well as "give" ... are both directly connected to grace .... whereas the word "obtain" and "receive" are directly connected to law ....

For example: if we say that a person has to ask for forgiveness in order to obtain that forgiveness ... it is turning it into a law .... which is a direct reference to the reverse of turning the bread of life into law (stone).

but if the forgiveness is freely given without asking (which it is through the death and resurrection of Christ) these are now both in reference to grace ...

Which in turn ... that in itself "IS" the "in working" in us rather than an outward work to obtain it.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum