APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Twenty Six

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Twenty Six on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:02 pm

cross-eyed

Glad to See You Survived
If you survived the last session, you should get an award that you’re still here. That says a lot about your ability to be open and even absorb the truth of the word without offense. As we continue into chapter 17, I want to take a minute here and give you an idea where we’re heading in the next few verses and it’s very important you understand I’m going to be changing application. As we’ve been saying all along, we deal historically with these issues as it should have been interpreted in the first century when John wrote this letter and then we deal prophetically with what it means to us now, in terms of present truth.

Clarity of Revelation Comes in His Time
You all know that truth is timeless right? It can’t be confined in terms of interpretation to just one period in history. But when we use the term “present truth” that is not my own concept, it’s what Peter mentions is one of his letters. That there is a present understanding, a proceeding word. There are certain things right now that we understand that we could never have understood 50 years ago. The Apostles and the prophets, as the Bible says in Ephesians, they have the ability to reveal certain mysteries that have been hidden since the foundations of the world. This is and exciting time to be alive, here in our day.

2 Peter 1:12
12Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth

There are certain things in Revelation that we’ve been studying that have only come into full unveiling in the last few years. So I want to remind you that what we spoke about earlier when dealing with the great whore, and given all the Old Testament references of Israel and their spiritual adultery, it’s without question that this whore is speaking of Israel. She has been in bed religiously and politically with the kings of the earth. From the Old Testament all the way through to the time of Christ, she is constantly committing adultery and comprising her standards. She’s compromising her covenant with God for convenience sake.

That was true for natural Israel and It’s certainly true for the church today, unfortunately. So historically, the identity of the harlot that we’re reading about is without doubt, Israel. We’ve got that part established, right? The beast in this passage, which isn’t a new subject to us, we were first introduced to the beast in the 13 chapter. Historically speaking, it speaks of Rome because the beast rose up out of the see and the land. The one that rose up out of the land is Israel, another metaphor to describe the apostate Israel. The one the rose up out of the sea is like the Roman peninsula, if you’ve ever looked at it on a map of the world you can see it looks like that peninsula just rises up out of the sea.

Prophetic Beast
That’s obvious, but greater truths are held there in that as well. The beast that rises up out of the land and the beast that rises up out of the sea. The beast that rises up out of the land speaks of carnal man. In as much as the Bible says that you are made from the dust. From the dust you came, to the dust you’ll return. Isaiah says that the serpents meat, or what he nourishes himself upon, is dust. And we know snakes don’t eat dust, they eat vermin. So what does it mean? It speaks about how Satan, who is personified in the serpent, he feeds on your flesh. Right? He feeds on that in you and that’s why we see him as a serpent in Genesis, but in Revelation, he’s not a serpent anymore, he’s grown into a dragon.

Isa 65:25
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

The Harlot in You
We have considered this beast and we’ve looked at the harlot, but there is also, as I have stated before, historically, the identity of the harlot is Israel, but there’s also a revealing of this harlot within us. Which makes you uncomfortable, I’m sure, when I first say it. I’ll be explaining that to you in great depth as we go on. But there’s a revealing of a harlot within us and when we understand the relationship between our souls and spirits, because they are not one and the same.

Maybe you need to say this out loud to your self “I am a spirit, I have a soul, I live in a body.” You are made in the image of God and if that’s true then you are a triune being in as much as that you’re a spirit, soul and body. Moses Tabernacle is laid out in to 3 compartments or dimensions because it’s a reflection in all of it’s furniture and arrangement of that furniture and what it reveals, it is a reflection of a pattern of things in heaven. Outer court, holy place, most holy place, that has a connection with the way you’re put together as well.

Hidden Man
My body being the outer court, but you can’t see my inner court can you? You can’t see my soul and you certainly can’t see the most holy place in me, my spirit. That’s why Scripture says in Peter that we “receive in the hidden man” of the heart” Who’s the hidden man? It’s your spirit man. I want you to notice, and we’re going to talk more about this relationship between the souls and our spirits and how the whore will manifest itself in our minds. This harlot that Revelation writes about here in verse 5, that she has things written where? In her forehead, the words “mystery Babylon”.

1 Peter 3 MESSAGE
1The same goes for you wives: Be good wives to your husbands, responsive to their needs. There are husbands who, indifferent as they are to any words about God, will be captivated 2by your life of holy beauty. 3What matters is not your outer appearance--the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes-- 4but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 5The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands. 6Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as "my dear husband." You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated. 7The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God's grace, you're equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don't run aground.

King James
1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

If you have a good reference Bible, you’ll see that the word “mystery” there in Revelation 17:5, it has a reference to 2 Thessalonians 2. Where it’s talking about the mystery of iniquity. Remember when we spent time talking about the mystery of iniquity when we talked about the mark of the beast in 2 Thessalonians 2 where the son of “perdition” had set up an image of himself in the temple of God declaring that “he” was God. But that temple isn’t a temple in the middle east built by brick and mortar, but that word for “temple” is the same word Paul used when he said “What? Know ye not that “you” are a temple of the Holy Ghost?” Same word there as it is in 2 Thessalonians.

2 Thessalonians 2
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Editor’s Note
This is again, one of the foundational passages the church uses to support the end time concepts as well as the rapturing of the church. Peter first tells the reader that the day of the Lord is at hand. But what we want to swallow is, at hand actually meant 2,000 years later, which is today. And secondly, that ”day” was meant as a literal day, which is supposed to be the “day” the church disappears. But the truth is, when John first began his account of the revelation of Christ, the first thing he said was I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day. That’s in Revelation 1:10, which again, is after the fact that he just said everything he’s recording was signed and signified which is to say it wasn’t a natural day, but a dimensional one.

We’ve got the mindset that the “day” of the Lord is going to be the return of Christ, be it by rapture, or return in body. But when we stand on that pulpit, it distorts the message Peter was relaying. The key here is to remember that the time when this was written, it was the same time frame that Israel was demolished and the Christians were targeted by both Jew and Romans. The falling away is not our current state of the nations, but it was the rejection of the new church that Jesus had given birth to and established through his disciples.

The revealing of the son of perdition, the man of sin, if you continue following that passage through, where it states so he as though he is God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. The word temple there, it’s definition has nothing to do with a building where worship takes place. It’s the exact same word that Paul used when he asked What? Know ye not that YOU are a temple of the Holy Ghost? This whole passage has been so distorted that the religious church will adamantly defend it to mean the return of Jesus when it has nothing to do with that.

The revealing of the man of sin is simply saying that the mind of carnal men will surface through their actions. And they will be driven by their carnality to destroy all who dare to defy them because it has always been the mind of Satan to try to convince those created in God’s own image that they themselves “are” God. Which again is the very thing that the Caesars had engraved on the crowns they wore. They fully believed that they themselves were God. Paul himself said that we all have this battle going on inside of every one of us. Our carnal mind is always at enmity with God. That’s the antichrist also by the way. (Rom. 8:7) I hope that after reading this, you get a new revelation of that passage. It’s not about rapture, it’s about God’s sovereignty.
End Note

REVELATION 17
3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

We’ve already made it clear that throughout Revelation that John, along with the Old Testament prophets refers to Israel or Jerusalem as Egypt. Or calls them Sodom or Babylon. So we’re not talking about the Old Testament nation of Babylon, but instead we’re talking about Israel.

6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Now let me say again, verses like that can discourage you. “8, 7, 5, which are, one which is not . . .seven is coming then there’s going to be an 8th . . .” Don’t worry about it, I’ve still got you all right? I’m going to take care of you I promise.

12And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. 15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Historical Harlot = Israel. Prophetical Harlot = My Mind
I want you to come back to what I told you a moment ago before we read the rest of that chapter and remember with me again historically the identity of the whore is Israel. Prophetically speaking we’re considering this woman, this harlot, because in verse 5 it says it was on her forehead, the words “mystery Babylon”, has to do with the natural mind.

SOUL – FEMININE SPIRIT – MASCULINE
Editor’s Note
I know this has always been an area where many in our congregation often struggle to get a hold of. We’ve finally come to the place where we’re going to be much more in-depth with this concept. Take this home, read it slowly several times. Pray for God’s insight in your own understanding. Ask that he will reveal to you an even more intricate understanding than what you already have, and see where he takes you from there. End Note

Saved? Or Born Again? Or Both?
Often in Scripture, you will see different dimensions of our being, of our physical being; spirit, soul, and body. Being referred to either in a masculine sense, or a feminine reference. I had you say a minute ago that you are a spirit, you have a soul, and that you live in a body. We make a mistake, for example, semantically speaking, whenever we refer to someone being born again, and we say they were saved. I don’t want to confuse you or bog you down with this word game, but if someone gets born again tonight, they’re not being saved. They are born again, their spirit is born again, but they’re not saved.

I knew that would elicit that kind of response out of you but I said it on purpose. Their spirits were reborn, they were born again. But their soul will be saved. One is instantaneous, the other is a continuing process. James 1:21 is not saving our spirits, but our “souls”.

James 1
21Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls

My spirit and my soul are not one and the same. I’ve already pointed that out. So the soul is referred to throughout Scripture in the “feminine” context. Now there’s no need for the ladies to carry any offense because this isn’t about gender. But the soul is consistently referred to in a feminine context and the spirit is referred to in the masculine.

Psalm 34
2My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad

Now why would David refer to his soul, which houses or contains his mind, will and emotions, why would he refer to his soul as a her? Then again in the book of Luke, when Mary sees Elizabeth, she cries out “my soul doth magnify the Lord.” So with that in mind, I know that some people may think that is stretching a biblical type but lets validate it.

The Harlot of Your Soul
We’re going to look at 2 Corinthians 11 and if you know very much about this area of Scripture, you’ll know that it was in chapter 10 Paul is addressing the issue of spiritual warfare as it relates to what goes on in your mind “casting down strongholds and imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (The very thing that is exposed in 2 Thessalonians that we just read about) and bringing into captivity every thought into the captivity of Jesus Christ . . .” Remember those Scriptures? He talks about the warfare that goes on in our minds in the early verses there in chapter 10, but look at something in chapter 11 that’s in line with what we’re talking about.

2 Corinthians 11
1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Now, what are we talking about here in Revelation? We’re talking about the harlot, we’re making the application that the harlot in us is our soul. Look what he says in verse three

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Reaching Back to Eve
He reaches back to the mother of all living and he talks about how God’s original intention is to keep you chaste, to keep you pure, his virgin, so that you will carry no other seed but his incorruptible seed. But he understands that like Eve, you’re vulnerable and like Eve, it is your mind, your soul that is corrupted, from the simplicity that is in Christ.

This is Rich! Oneness of God Through Adam and Eve
You remember in Genesis chapter five as we all reach back for a minute and look at that period of time or dimension.

Whenever God created man and woman, you know we have this tendency to miss the whole point on how he created them and then he separated them, then he brought them back together. Whenever God created man in his image and breathed in his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul. Within Adam, Eve was. She didn’t come into being after Adam went into a deep sleep, she was within him. And the reason why God created them that way in the beginning rather than keep creating them separate beings, is that he wanted to reflect on earth, through them, the oneness of Himself.

In fact Genesis 5 says that “male and female created he them, and he called ‘their’ name Adam”. The reason why he created them in that oneness and then puts Adam into a deep sleep as there would be another Adam that would fall into a deep sleep and from out of his side would come his bride and his name is Jesus. The reason why he did that is because when he separated them, he separated them only for the purpose of them coming together again and recreating as they had been created in his image.

My wife and I became one flesh 20 years ago next week, we have recreated in our image, that’s why our sons look like us. But that isn’t just a story about creation of man and woman in Adam and Eve. It’s helping us get insight and understanding of how we are a triune being in spirit, soul, and body. The only thing that can enable you, because it’s so difficult to differentiate what is the voice of your spirit and what is the voice of your soul.

A Man With a Womb
Because in the original temptation when the serpent comes in the garden, he goes to the woman, not the man. I want to say this again because it’s so important that we get this into our spirits where it can grow even deeper, I am not in any way inferring that women are less spiritually. This isn’t about gender, that’s the reason why I made this point of you being one. In fact there is only one race and really once we do away with this gender situation and simply look at it from a few steps back, you’ll understand that really, all a woman is, is a man with a womb. She has the womb, she is a womb-man.

You are of the species of man, even though you may have a womb and breasts, you are still the species of man. So why does this serpent, remember we’re studying in Revelation 17 dealing with the harlot, why does this serpent come to the woman? Remember what we read in 2 Corinthians 11, “I’m jealous over you with a godly jealously lest my any means that you should be corrupted from the simplicity which is in Christ, as was Eve that your mind would be corrupted.”

2 Corinthians 11 Message
2The thing that has me so upset is that I care about you so much--this is the passion of God burning inside me! I promised your hand in marriage to Christ, presented you as a pure virgin to her husband. 3And now I'm afraid that exactly as the Snake seduced Eve with his smooth patter, you are being lured away from the simple purity of your love for Christ.

Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars?
We sometimes, unfairly speak about women being too emotional. Pardon me for saying this but there’s a tremendous amount of correct insight in some of the secular perspective on men and women today on that men have a feminine side and women have a masculine side. I’m not buying into that in the perversion that they teach with it that takes it to the extreme. But there’s a truth to it regardless. In fact we speak of women being more intuitive that men. Men are more logical and women are more intuitive.

That’s not a criticism or comparison between the two, that’s the reason why we have to have a woman to make us complete. But why does the serpent come to the woman? Because the woman is the aspect of the garden, she is the “dimension” of the soul, of your mind. He doesn’t go to the man because the man, in his masculinity, represents the spiritual dimension. So what does he want to do? He wants to tempt . . .let’s look at James 1. See you need to learn how to take passages in the new and reach over and find it’s thread in the old.

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

When lust is what? Conceived. Well, who conceives? Does the man conceive? No, it’s the woman that has the womb. When lust is conceived, or the seed of lust is planted in the womb and finds an egg to grow in, it matures into sin, which as a result, brings death. What is the part of you that conceives the seed of the serpent? The soul. In the man or in the woman. We’re using these metaphors to help us understand what is being spoken of here in Revelation 17.

What’s of the Spirit, What’s of the Soul (Flesh)?
So, the only thing that will enable us to differentiate between that which is the voice of the Spirit and that which is the voice of your soul. . . How many of you feel this great volleying sometimes, going on within you. “Is that God or is that me? Is that the voice of God talking or is that of the devil?” There is such if you will, an overlapping between the soul and the spirit that it becomes hard to tell the difference.

Hebrews 4
12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

12God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey (Message)

Sometimes I don’t even know what my own motivations are. Do you ever find yourself questioning “why did I ever do that?” Even when you do good things. I mean there’s this running dialogue running on inside of you, “Did I do that for the right reasons? Was I self-serving?” Right? That’s why it’s so important for us to understand this whole thing of how that my mind is at enmity with God

Romans 8
6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

Wives Submit to Your Husbands
Remember what the Scripture said in Genesis whenever God comes and he brings Adam and Eve out of hiding and begins to pronounce upon them His correction and their curse. I want you to pay close attention to what I’m about to say because I’m not just talking about the struggle that goes on between you and your spouse. This isn’t about the struggle between you men and your wives with this whole submission deal. Because most of you that are dealing with that don’t understand that’s only the fruit of the root.

The real deal is that there is a struggle going on within you each, individually, between the husband that is in you and the wife that is in you. Your husband which is Christ and you’re soul, which is your wife. Are you getting what I’m saying?

A New Truth, Are You Ready For It?
What does the Lord say to Eve? He says “And your desire . . .in pain you shall bear your children . . and your desire shall be unto your ‘husband’. And we have always interpreted that out of the King James as meaning that she will have this clinging, physical, sensual feeling. No, the word “desire” there means that she will always have within her this inclination to want to usurp the authority of her husband. Now surely that manifests in natural marriages. But it manifest inside of you to, because your soul, your woman is always wanting to usurp the authority of your husband which is Christ.

See guys, gals, you get this worked out within you, between the husband and the wife that’s in you, and then the relationship between the husband and the wife in the natural, will then come into alignment with that same pattern and you’ll find yourselves at peace with one another a lot more often. Some of you are looking at me real strange.

Women In Too Much Control?
In 1 Timothy 2, we’ve heard a lot of sound-bites out of it, but before we go there, let me give you the context from which it is in. Timothy’s pastoring a church in Ephesus, it’s a large church and daily there’s an influx of women that are being converted to Christianity who have a pagan background and they don’t know how to conduct themselves when they assemble themselves together with the saints. They’re accustomed in their pagan worship to just being boisterous and speaking out of turn and disrupting the meetings. Now they come into these synagogues where they’ve been converted into Christianity.

And when they come into those settings and they don’t know how to respect the authority in the church and Timothy is having a real problem with them as he’s up there trying to teach the people and this lady that just came out of paganism, she’s setting over there and all of the sudden she goes, “I got a question!” Or she’s talking out loud to her husband in the middle of the service “I don’t get what he just said, do you get what he’s talking about?” And it’s disrupting the meeting.

Now, that’s what it means in it’s primary meaning, we don’t want to take away from that. But listen to what he says and listen to it in the light of what I’ve been saying to you in the last few minutes.

1 Timothy 2
11I don't let women take over and tell the men what to do

Now that sounds like that addressed the problem right there. But to apply it to your life isn’t to say that all women must be quiet in church and wait til they get home before they’re allowed to talk. Granted, we should still keep our comments at a respectful place in the church, but there’s more to it than just that. What “you” should do is let your soul learn in silence.

A Barren Woman
When you sit there in your pew week in and week out hearing the Word of God, you know what your soul is doing? I know what it’s doing, the same thing mine does when I’m sitting trying to hear the Word of God. My soul is sitting there trying to cause an argument. “Sarai, that contentious woman who is barren and can’t receive seed, she wants to sit and pick everything apart doesn’t she? Do you hear what I’m saying? I’m not talking about some cantankerous woman in the natural, I’m talking about the woman between your ears. She finds something wrong with everything.

Starve Your Mind, Talk in Tongues
Why? Because she’s barren, she can’t receive the seed of the Word of God. That’s the reason why your woman needs to receive the Word of God in silence. You say “Well how do I handle that?” Well, there’s many ways you can handle that. You can let your spirit gain ascendancy over your soul. One way by doing it is that when I feel that stuff starting to happen, it was happening to me right down there during the worship time and I was standing there trying to get into the flow and into the stream of what was beginning to happen in the worship and my woman started running off with her mouth. So I started worshiping in tongues. (he actually talks in tongues here) She shut up after a while of that. 1 Corinthians 14 . .”When I speak in an unknown tongue, I speak unto God and not unto men and my mind is unfruitful

Editor’s Note
This also applies to these topics as a whole. It’s what I’ve been saying from the very beginning and at the risk of sounding repetitive, I’m saying it now. For you to not only see, but receive more revelation of your own from God, the requirement is the removal of your mind. Silence all the arguments in your head. This goes for Sunday services as well. I’ve said things in the past, and I’ll be saying even more in the future, things that you won’t agree with, that you’ll even quietly reject and argue about in your mind. But I’m telling you, that’s the woman in you that you need to silent if you want to really grow in the Lord.

God has a plan for this church. He can see the end from the beginning, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to see the end results right now. We might even be at the place where we to, can see the end from where we are as far as God’s plan for our lives and this church’s future, but the fact remains that, regardless as to whether we see prophetic pictures or not, we still have to go through things in order to actually get to the end in the first place. These revelational things God is enlightening us with week in and week out are simply ingredients to the overall process of spiritual maturity. But the woman in us wants to be in control, the soul, the mind wants to have the control of understanding rather than learn from the Spirit she wants to permeate the bread with her leaven and she gets all puffed up when you try to tell her to be quiet. Remember? The correct order of the body is that our spirit receives from the Spirit of God and then it goes from our spirit to our mind . . .our mind wants to do that in reverse.
End Note

1 Timothy 2
12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Distraction in the Delivery
And you think that just has to do with the Apostle Paul being this chauvinist who didn’t like women. Some people take this out of context and they don’t understand . . .did I upset you guys praying in tongues just then? I hope not, I’ll do it some more. Do you think the apostle Paul was a great guy? He said “I pray in tongues more than all of you” he also said “I would that all of you pray in tongues.” You say “Well I could take it or leave it.” Why? Why would you want to leave it? In fact if you’ve not had the experience of being baptized in the spirit where you yourself have that love language to speak to the Father with, let me know and after the service we can take care of that real quick.

We ought to be shouting that out just as much as we shout about the blood of Jesus. It’s funny to me that a lot of charismatic churches anymore . .I’m getting off track here . . .there’s almost a sheepishness about talking in tongues. I’m not ashamed of it, how about you?

Okay, back to our text in Timothy, remember you can’t take these things in sound-bites but leave them in their context. Now we understand what Paul meant there with the church of Ephesus and we also understand if we read on, it was implying something even further.

1 Timothy 2
13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

Deception and Distortion Come to the Soul, Not the Spirit
Now do you hear that in terms with what I’m talking about? Adam wasn’t deceived. The spirit-man wasn’t deceived, but the soul was. And it’s not the spirit that birthed the sin, but the soul. See, even though Eve was the one that actually birthed Cain and Abel, and every natural being down the family tree ending with us right here, Adam is the one that is credited with introducing sin into the world.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety

What on earth does that mean?! Does that mean she was saved just because she could give birth to natural babies? Not on your life! She shall be saved in child-bearing. Who’s the child that she’s going to bear? The soul and the body will be saved in the bearing of a child! His name in Jesus! The man-child that Revelation 12 speaks of. The soul “will” be saved. My spirit was born again the instant I invited Christ into it. “Jesus come into my heart” What are you praying there? That God will send his Son of the spirit into your natural heart? No, but your heart is referring to your spirit. That’s what gets saved. My soul has been “being saved” ever since that day. And it’s still being saved.

Incomplete Adoption
My body has not been saved yet either. Romans 8 talks about when there’s going to ‘come’ a time when this adoption is going to be complete. And what is in my spirit will also manifest in my soul and my body. So what is manifesting in my spirit will actually find it’s full maturity when suddenly I’m changed and no longer will I be mortal, but I’ll put on immortality and no longer will I be corruptible, but I’ll received my new spiritual body of incorruption. Some of you are waiting on Jesus to come back to the earth and take you away to do that.

You need to read your Bible again. There’s going to be a people, it may not be this generation, I hope I’m alive when it happens, but there’s going to be a people that are going to be changed in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye. And that which has been in our spirits for years will then manifest in our souls and in our bodies and there will be a wedding again between what is in our spirit and what is in our soul and our bodies.

The Scene of Adultery
You see but the way this harlot is produced in Revelation 17 is that our souls within ourselves . . . see I could have a fling with my flesh. I can commit adultery without ever going out looking for a prostitute and finding a motel room. And I’m not just talking about committing adultery on my wife. Because see I wouldn’t commit adultery on my wife if I had not first committed adultery on my real spouse, which is Christ.

Snakes On the Loose
See men don’t just wake up one day and decide they’re going to go out and do that. They have first committed adultery on Jesus, that’s why they go out and to the same on their wives. So we have a fling with our flesh and the woman between our ears goes out on a date with hatred. Ever gone out on a date with hatred? Don’t even have to leave the house, she’s a cheap date. You’re just setting there and you let your soul usurp authority, you let your woman usurp authority over your mind and suddenly there’s a snake loose in your house.

A snake loose in your garden and you start listening to his hissing voice. “Hath God said . . . are you sure God said. . .” and you start feeding from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The tree of what? Knowledge of good and evil. And what starts in your soul, eventually contaminates your spirit, so that you feel cast out of the presence of God. You come here and you feel like a reject. You feel put out and cast out and you don’t feel like you belong. Then your mind begins to play games on you and you start blaming it on people in the church when it started at your house when you went on a date with hatred. And hatred got you pregnant in the backseat of some car that runs up and down the dark alleys of your mind.

I’m Talking About Church
And she’s not satisfied just for you to be pregnant, but she wants someone else to be pregnant to. So you get on the phone and you call somebody. I’m talking about church! She’s not satisfied for you to be a one woman man. She wants to sleep all over town. And your mind, your woman can find somebody that will lay up in bed with her. I came to church tonight with the intentions that I was going to be civil and not be a spiritual redneck . . .

Check Out The Woman At the Well . . . New Perspective
Remember Jesus meets a woman at the well, and he says to her in John 4. “You have 5 husbands and the one you’re with now isn’t your husband. What’s that add up to? 6. But see, the wonderful thing about it is that she’d met the 7th man. Now there’s some of you, you know I could compare those five husbands to your five senses. Because you’re always having an affair with your senses. What you feel, what you think, remember what we talked about earlier? You can just look across the room in a worship service and that harlot is so willing to just get dirty and lay with anything, lay with any ole idea.

Look across the room, I’ve had this happen to me many times. If there’s anybody that’s a victim at this, I am. I can be looking across the room and I can be looking at you and not even realize that I’m looking at you. I can be on another planet somewhere and looking at you at the same time. I’ve had people leave the church thinking I was mad at them, or that I was preaching at them and I hadn’t thought about them in months.

On the Alert For “They”
But what does their mind do? What does their harlot do? “Why’d he look at me like that? I wonder what “that” meant.” Then your mind goes . . .I heard this the other day in a staff meeting and I just nailed that sucker. I heard this thing . . “well you know they say . .” and I cut them off and said “whoa, whoa, they? Who’s they.?” “Well you know, “they.” I would love to meet “they.” So I could pinch “they’s” head off. Isn’t’ that the truth? The nebulous “they”. You know who they is? It’s that harlot mind, it’s running everywhere!

That’s the reason why the Bible says, “Gird up the loins of your mind.” Why would he talk about your loins, which are a symbol of reproduction and conception, in comparison with the mind. Because your mind can run anywhere. It can go all the way around the world and back in 30 seconds, you’re instructed to gird up the wanderings of your head!

1 Peter 1:13
13Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

13So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives
(MESSAGE)

13So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the special blessings that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ (NLT)

13So brace up your minds; be sober (circumspect, morally alert); set your hope wholly and unchangeably on the grace (divine favor) that is coming to you when Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is revealed. (AMPLIFIED)

2 Tape Twenty Six Part 2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

cross-eyed

A Chain-link Mind
Isn’t it amazing the conclusions you can come to just from one thought that entered your mind. And suddenly like a domino affect, you think from one thing to the next, to the next, and to the next and you assume that your conclusion must mean this, which is connected to another thought, and another. I know I’ve had that sucker working in my mind and I want to take her out and stone her to death. Because that’s what they did to harlots. They either stoned them to death, or they set them on fire. Either way Lord, it’s fine with me. Pick up a rock big enough to find Goliath in me and also get rid of that harlot, stone her to death, set her on fire.

We’re Just Gettin’ Good!
How many have had a legalistic background there they were always harping on divorce and remarriage. This next passage is one of the prime verses in Scripture they use and they use it wrong. Because it’s not about divorce and remarriage between a man and a woman.

Romans 7
1Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

If the husband be dead. He’s comparing the law to your first husband.

3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress

She’s Always There
What have we been talking about in Revelation 17? The harlot. And I’m talking about your mind that’s always doing that. You want to know why? Because your mind won’t let you accept the fact that your first husband is dead. Your first husband was the first Adam who was of the earth, earthy. And the reason why you think the way you think is because you haven’t reckoned that your first husband is dead. That’s why the wrestling inside you is continuous when it comes to the things of God. Just when you kill parts of your flesh, other parts regenerate themselves and need to be continually dealt with. This isn’t a rebuke on your weakness, it’s a fact of truth. It’s the same in all of us, that’s why we’re not completely perfected until we receive our new bodies. Until then, the battle within is always there. We just need to recognize it and keep it in submission to our spirit being.

Have you ever seen a woman who’s husband dies who lives in denial for months? She won’t even go and move their clothes out of the room or take the pictures down. Who even sits in the funeral, and what are funerals for? To get closure. And they will sit there and live in this unbelievable denial because they can’t accept the fact . . in fact, whenever my best friend died 6 years ago this past month, for days it didn’t seem like it was possible, it was like I was in denial. Even though he was gone, I wouldn’t accept it.

She May Be There, But She’s Not To Rule Over You
Now the application that I’m trying to get to here is your first husband who was nothing but the law and had dominion over you, as he said, he had dominion over you in verse one. Romans 6 says are we who are free in Christ, should we live under the dominion of sin? Under the law of the flesh .. should we? That’s the reason why we walk around all the time with this complex and condemnation. With corruptive thinking, it’s because we’re still living with the memory. We’re still living in denial. We won’t admit that who we used to be is dead. I can not be that anymore. My first husband is dead. Let me read on so it makes sense to you.

4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God

Time to Clean Your House
Who was it that was raised from the dead? He IS the last Adam! He’s the one that you’re really married to. Go ahead and take down all the pictures off the wall of your mind that remind you of who you used to be. He’s nothing but a wife-beater. He gets up every day and beats you up with condemnation. The Adamic nature all through the day is nothing but a wife-beater. You need to get rid of his pictures (are you hearing what I’m saying?) he’s dead. You need to get his old clothes out of your closet and his pictures off the dresser where you put your “face” on every morning. Stop looking in the mirror and seeing him and begin seeing Christ!!

Whore of Jericho
Don’t tell me . . .you just say “you don’t know how contaminated and corrupted my mind is.” I’m going to tell you that there was a whore in a whorehouse in Jericho that didn’t feel like her life was a waste because she hung a scarlet chord out of her window and she got out before the whole city was destroyed. This harlot in the whorehouse in Jericho who hung a what? A “scarlet” chord out her window. She had two visitors, two spies, two witnesses that visited her house. And evidently one of them stayed a little while, over night.

Because this woman, Rahab is in Matthew chapter 1, she’s in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. So I don’t care how screwed up or contaminated you think your mind is. I don’t care where you’ve been or what you’ve done or who you’ve done it with, I don’t care how much the devil influences your thinking . . .you need to get rid of the old man, get rid of the pictures, and know that you’ve got a new husband and his name is JESUS!!

Undenominational Denominationalism
I’ve been to some places, and I’ve done some things and I’ve seen some things that I can’t wipe out as long as I won’t acknowledge my first husband is dead. The mother of harlots in Revelation 17, as I said earlier, is not the Roman Catholic church and it’s not even the denominations. I don’t want to make the mistake of sounding like we think were above anyone else and we talk about denominationalism because there are a lot of nondenominational churches that are more denominational than the denominational ones.

Transcending Denomination
Really, there are a lot of them that call themselves “independent”. Somebody asked me the other day, “What to we tell people on the phone now when they ask us our denominational ties? Are we considered nondenominational? Or independent? Or what?” I said “no, we’re “trans-“ denominational”. Meaning if we’re in the proper alignment with Christ, I hope we can “transcend” all that stuff. That all right? Isaiah 2 says that all the nations of the earth shall flow into the mountain of God. For the house of the Lord shall be established in the “top” of the mountain and the nations shall flow into it.

Men With Jezebel
This woman who sits between our ears is the mother that births all those ungodly things. Imaginations produce condemnation, then denomination, all other kinds of nations right? That’s the reason why the Lord judges Jezebel. She’s a type of the mother of harlots. Remember her in Revelation chapter 2? You know the spirit of Jezebel’s not just something that manifests in women. I’ve seen some men that have a greater problem with the Jezebel spirit than women; controlling and manipulating and intimidating, all those kinds of things that’s characteristic to Jezebel.

The reason why those things are referenced to a woman named Jezebel is because women reproduce. They can conceive seed. But what happens to her? We read here in verse 16 of this chapter we’re dealing with, that he’s going to let her flesh be eaten. Jerusalem’s flesh is to be eaten. Well, that’s exactly what happened to Jezebel. The dogs that licked Naboth’s blood are going to eat you.( Jezebel = "Baal is husband to" or "unchaste") 2 Kings 9:36

Naboth = fruits
Jezreelite = sown of God.

2 Kings 9:36
And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; [so] that they shall not say, This [is] Jezebel.

KJV
35And they went to bury her: but they found no more of her than the skull, and the feet, and the palms of her hands. 36Wherefore they came again, and told him. And he said, This is the word of the LORD, which he spake by his servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying, In the portion of Jezreel shall dogs eat the flesh of Jezebel: 37And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.

35They went out to bury her, but there was nothing left of her but skull, feet, and hands. 36They came back and told Jehu. He said, "It's GOD's word, the word spoken by Elijah the Tishbite: In the field of Jezreel, dogs will eat Jezebel; 37The body of Jezebel will be like dog-droppings on the ground in Jezreel. Old friends and lovers will say, "I wonder, is this Jezebel?'"

6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration

God’s Graphic Illustrations
Drunken with the blood of the saints . . . Do you see now how that is the characteristic of Israel? Scripture speaks about the blood of the prophets and saints was found in Jerusalem. Just as the voice of Abel’s blood cried out from the ground, so did all the other prophets from him on to Jesus. Understand that . . . we read the passages from Jeremiah and Ezekiel where God talks to them very graphically concerning their whoredom. I may have upset some people by reading that, but nothing was added or taken away, that was straight from the Word of God.

God Himself Divorced
I don’t even want to go back there now because of the sensitivity of it. I wondered how I even made it through. But the Lord was very graphic there wasn’t he. He was very straight-forward about her looseness and her whoredom. But the voice of the prophets blood, see they came as prosecuting attorneys if you will. Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, these great prophets came and spoke on God’s behalf, in fact finally, Jeremiah says, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, he states, “I’m divorcing you.” And he gave Israel a bill of divorcement.

Emphasizing the Natural Over the Spiritual
You understand God is a divorcee? Evidently you didn’t read Romans 7 with the rest of us just a minute ago. God divorced Israel. He took the kingdom from her and gave it to another people. Some of you are always sitting around just waiting for something to happen to natural Israel. You need to understand that God never intended Israel to be a natural nation. It has a natural manifestation, that’s the sand in the sea that God promised to Abraham. But it was Israel’s decision to become a nation like all her neighbors. God birthed her tribes, but she’s the one that raised up kings of men to rule over her.

God promised Abraham he’d have reproduction in his loins so much so that he compared it to the sands of the sea and the stars of the heavens. But if you put all your emphasis looking down at the sands of the sea, you’re only looking at affect instead of cause. What I’m telling you that a Jew is you! He is not as one outwardly, but inwardly. Read Romans 9. We’re always looking at the natural nations rather than the spiritual stars of the heavens. You’re looking at affect when you should instead, be looking at causes.

Jezebel and Naboth
…and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. When I think about these martyrs, I think about this harlot and. . .you ought to go and study up on this later, but I think about how Jezebel had Naboth killed so she could take his vineyard. He wouldn’t sell it to here because, as we’ve learned elsewhere, the land is your inheritance and this vineyard was his birthright. He wouldn’t sell it to Naboth because it was his birthright. He wouldn’t commit fornication and give up what God had given him for some better deal.

Esau as a Fornicator?
Scripture says Esau was a fornicator. And you don’t have anywhere in Scripture, that I know of, where you see Esau physically committing fornication, but the reason why the Bible calls him a fornicator in Hebrews 12 is because he didn’t understand the value of his birthright. (Hebrews 12:16) He was willing to let his flesh dictate his needs and he would rather give up his calling in God and his purpose in God to pursue his own selfish agenda and ambition.

Hebrews 12
15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright 17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears

15Make sure no one gets left out of God's generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time. 16Watch out for the Esau syndrome: trading away God's lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite. 17You well know how Esau later regretted that impulsive act and wanted God's blessing--but by then it was too late, tears or no tears

Call of God
That’s true of a lot of people today. The church is full of Esaus who need instant and immediate gratification. If they don’t get what they want when they want it, they’ll go someplace else where they can get it, and call it “God’s voice is calling us to this other church”. I’m going to stay right here a while on this so just bear with me. They’ll give up, totally sacrifice the call of God that they have . . .and as soon as I release that out, I know what some of you are thinking. The call of God on my life doesn’t mean this driving force that pulls me into a ministry. The call of God to the church can simply be a voice from the messenger he sent to the church for their ears not to be tickled, but pruned.

Defining His Jealousy
They give up the call of God on their lives for their own ambitions and dreams. “God wants me to prosper, he wants me to have a dream . . .” Yes he does, but he’s a jealous God and he’s not jealous in terms of insecurity. He’s not jealous “of” you, he’s jealous “for” you. I want to tell you, I wouldn’t want a million dollars, you couldn’t give me a million dollar check if I knew it was going to take me away from my birthright, what I was born to do.

I’ve had men try to buy me, more than once. You don’t even know, many of you don’t even realize I’ve had men that have tried to turn my head with large sums of money and try to take me away and get me to “use my gifting”. See I understand, I’m not just some raving mad lunatic, I know I’ve got a gift of communication, I know I know how to talk, to say things, I know I know how to frame things. And I’ve had men try to take my birthright and get me to sell it. I’m telling you, you can keep all of that, I’ve been there and back.

Bringing it Down to My Level
“You don’t want to be blessed?” Sure I want to be blessed. You want to bless me? You can bless me all you want to but don’t put any strings on it. Don’t come put a check in my hand, or do something for me and my family and feel like it’s going to turn my head. I’ll preach the Word of God straight to you just like I do to anybody else. I hope you don’t mind my preaching just a little here, I’m driving my stake in the ground. . . I’ve had people come and go and get mad just because I wouldn’t do what they wanted me to do just because they gave large sums of money. I’m going to tell you there’s 10,000 lined up to replace you! Excuse my carnality there . . .

What If God Asked . . .
What’s the first thing people do when they get mad? They withhold their tithe. I’ve been in this business a long time, coming up to 20 years this year, but I’m not about to sell my birthright to anyone, how about you? Even though God’s blessed you supremely and wonderfully, are you so sold out to God, so loyal, in such a faithful relationship to him that if he put his finger on something tomorrow and said “Give it up” . . .

You say “All of his commandments I’ve followed since my youth . .” That religious spirit just spoke out of your mouth there didn’t it. But if God put his hand on the most prized possession that you’ve got, the most expensive thing you own and said “I want it, now.” Or “this is getting in the way, this thing that is of great convenience to you is keeping you from fulfilling the call that I have for you in your life.” Are you going to take the birthright? Or are you going to be like Esau the fornicator who listens to his own belly?

Wondering At the Great Prostitute
He said here that he wondered, it’s interesting to me that even John wondered with great admiration. The reason why he wondered after her . .back in verse 4 she’s decked with scarlet and purple and very prestigious stones . . the mistake many make is they think that speaks of just an affluent rich church and that’s displeasing to God. But they’re wrong. In fact if you go into Exodus and find out whenever Israel came out of Egypt, God told them “I want you to get all the gold and the silver . .” and he had all the women to dress up in the finest thing that they had and put all their gold and silver on because he was going to have them go out in style.

God took all those precious jewels and gave it to them, it was back-payment for 400 years of slavery is what it was. Whenever you see the high-priest in the Old Testament, who appears before God, this guy isn’t dressed shabbily. He’s got a breastplate that carries 12 precious stones, he’s wearing fine linen, he’s got a gold miter on his head. This is a parody that he’s talking about here, this woman is all dressed up and no place to go. She’s a harlot . . . you know a harlot in her prime, she’s not some toothless hag standing on a corner with sagging body parts hanging in all directions from her as she’s slinging a long-strapped purse around trying to get the attention of passers by.

No, a harlot in her prime, she looked “good”. What I want you to understand is when John sees this harlot, when he sees the spiritual picture of Israel, he sees all the past glory that she has had, he can’t understand it, he wonders with great admiration. Not a worshipful admiration as we know that word to mean, but the type of admiration of seeing everything she had handed to her by God, yet she wouldn’t accept it as from God. In fact the words “wonder” and “admiration” both have almost the exact same definition. They simply mean to marvel upon.

Modern Gospel Commercialized
John’s scratching his head in wonderment. “I don’t get it, look at all her past glory, her great grandeur of kingdoms of her rich heritage that has come and gone . .” You can make the application this way and I know I make this application a lot and it upsets some of you, but that doesn’t change the truth of the fact that you can go home tonight and turn your TV on to some Christian channel, I’m not saying all Christian television is this way, but you can see the large buildings and thousands of people gathered there, the ornate architecture, and you see the slick promotion and presentation of the Gospel, yet it’s hollow.

Editor’s Note
As an example of what’s being said, just last night I saw this exact situation. A husband and wife were doing their “evangelical” show and they were advertising this special water that you’re to order from them and when you get it, you’re to anoint yourself with it and their promise was that God would heal whatever your ailment was. They even had testimonials of people that were to have had incurable diseases that used this same water and they were healed.

Then, like any commercial, they put up the address and the price you were to pay for the water. Then they had even more testimonials of people who they claimed were blessed financially because you were faithful in giving them the money for the water. A lady declared God made her a millionaire over night. And they did all of this with their spiritual smiles and biblical references, it’s enough to make you sick.

End of Note

The man isn’t speaking a pure word, he’s speaking a word that is pandering to the needs of the people. He’s speaking a word that is palatable. And I’m not talking about just preaching everything you preach just for the purpose of provoking people. Because if I’m doing that, then I’m missing God as well. But you, you know compromise when you hear it don’t you?

Editor’s Quick Note
That’s what Scripture means when it speaks about the Word of God being as sharp as a two-edged sword with the ability to divide bone from marrow, soul from spirit. There are things in the church that are so soulish, yet they appear spiritual. But the Word of God (not just the literal Biblical letter, but the spirit of the Word as well) with it’s life-giving spiritual power, has the ability to cut through all the flesh and lay open the very core of what God is trying to show his bride.
End Note

Boiled Lamb Anyone?
You know the watered-down gospel when you hear it don’t you. You know that the Bible said, when they came out of Egypt, God told them, “don’t you water down the lamb, don’t you sodden it with water. . “ I want to tell you tonight you can turn on your television and see just how much the lamb is being boiled in water. It’s being watered down.

Editor’s Note
I’m going to go through another door with this. What does water symbolize in Scripture? The spirit. What is the one thing that causes you to become brittle and self-centered? I’ll help you out, “Pride.” Pride produces independence and individualism. That births division. Instead of blending in with other parts of the body of Christ, I just can’t accept them as family so I’m going to go somewhere that I’ll get the respect and attention I deserve.

What’s the opposite of pride? Humility. What does humility bring? Unity. Okay, I’m going to bring all this together. If you take a roast and boil it, and another roast and cook it in a fire, which one has lost it’s flavor? Why? Because that’s what the Holy Spirit does to the body of Christ, it focuses on humility, and unity, putting others ahead of yourself. It removes independence and replaces it with hunger for dependence on God. There is no one individual that sticks out in the body of Christ. This is why it’s so important we see this picture of a “soddened lamb”.

The Holy Spirit isn’t to be used to water-down, or remove the flavor of the lamb of truth, to universalize, to make the Word of God become acceptable to all flesh. In other words, we’re not to take God’s word and use natural justification as to what is and what isn’t acceptable. The lamb is to be digested in the order from which God intended. It’s to be laid out on an altar of fire before it can be properly consumed.

Exodus 12
1GOD said to Moses and Aaron while still in Egypt, 2"This month is to be the first month of the year for you. 3Address the whole community of Israel; tell them that on the tenth of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one lamb to a house. 4If the family is too small for a lamb, then share it with a close neighbor, depending on the number of persons involved. Be mindful of how much each person will eat. 5Your lamb must be a healthy male, one year old; you can select it from either the sheep or the goats. 6Keep it penned until the fourteenth day of this month and then slaughter it--the entire community of Israel will do this--at dusk. 7Then take some of the blood and smear it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which you will eat it. 8You are to eat the meat, roasted in the fire, that night, along with bread, made without yeast, and bitter herbs. 9Don't eat any of it raw or boiled in water; make sure it's roasted--the whole animal, head, legs, and innards. 10Don't leave any of it until morning; if there are leftovers, burn them in the fire.
End Note

It’s so easy for us to simply turn on the television and immediately, the lamb you’re being asked to eat is one that’s been boiled in water. It’s a water-down gospel. “But it’s big and glitzy and impressive and image is everything!!” Even those that are looking right into your living rooms carry so much emotion and visible honesty that you can’t help but believe them. So much so that it even calls the remnant, the people of God to wander after it and gasp “It ‘must’ be God, everybody agrees with it.” Yet the true Jesus is probably out in the wilderness on a hill somewhere, or a John the Baptist is out there, not with a great location, but he is a voice.

7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The Beast That Was and is Not
All over, we’ve talked about this before, about the beast who had a deadly head-wound and it was healed. At the death of Jesus; at the crucifixion of Jesus and the weeks and months that followed after that, his resurrection and ascension. The church grew at a rapid rate, it looked like the kingdom of Christ was going to take the whole world. In fact Acts tells us that they turned the whole world upside down.

But something happened in that first hundred years. We have this beast spirit, this beast that looked like it was dead, revived. The Romans begin to persecute the Christians along with the Jewish people. When he talks about this beast which he says “which was and is not and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit. It “was” and then it was “not”, and then it “ascended” out of the bottomless pit. It made a resurrection of it’s own.

You know at the cross, it looked like, and he was, it looked like Satan was totally destroyed and defeated, and again, make no mistake, he was. In the first couple decades after the ascension of Jesus, Christianity took the planet by storm. But then something happened. The beast that was defeated, seemed to arise and again, ascend out of the bottomless pit. And suddenly the Roman emperors that we’ve talked so much about, began to intensely persecute Israel. It was on and off, on and off, there was a manifestation though, of these men that covered a time-span of over 300 years of this beast spirit that persecuted the people.

9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Editor’s Note
This is one of the foundational passages of Scripture that traditional teachings state their claim that it’s the Catholics that are being prophesied about as being the beast of Revelation. Their reason for that deduction is because today, the Vatican is in Rome. “The mind that has wisdom?” You know what John is trying to emphasize with that? John knew that men would take this spiritual unveiling of Jesus and overlay it on their current, natural surroundings. When Jesus preached with parables, he would also say “he that hath an ear, let him hear” Because he was using natural metaphors to relay spiritual truths and that little phrase was stating that same thing.

We’ve pounded on this before, and you’ll probably hear me hit it some more, but when you take a letter that was written to someone else, you can’t just stick what is said in your own circumstances and call it truth. You need to understand the entire context. Who it was originally written to? Why? What was the intent of the letter? And “then” learn from it in the sense that here, we know it was written to the 1st century church, which were Jews and Gentiles. But it was the Jews who had to come to terms with the fact that their heritage of tradition had been ripped out from the roots.

That’s the “why”. They had to let go of the levitical system before they could experience the freedom of Christ. It was a long, bloody process that “had” to happen in order for the life of Christ to really overcome the world. The intent of the letter is to build and encourage those who read it. “Blessed are those who read, and those that hear the words of this prophecy.” Just because it’s a “prophecy” does not mean that it’s something that is in the future. It simply means that it’s a message from God.

So, Who’s it to? The 1st century church. Why? Because their traditions rejected the Messiah. What’s the intent? To encourage and build up the body that repented. And that it did. They used it as a hymn book. Remember? So is this the Catholic church? Absolutely not. You’re taking something written to a people 2,000 years ago and trying to make it fit your theology today. That’s the historical take. The prophetical is again, the whore is your mind. The bottomless pit is your mind, the beast that was, then wasn’t, but now is again is the power of the enemy. He was completely defeated at the cross which made him “wasn’t” but the religious church resurrected his power and he became “now is” again due to their ignorance of giving him back what was once taken away.

This isn’t to say that Satan has regained the power that Jesus removed from him at the cross. I can’t give Satan something that the power of Jesus’ blood removed. But I can give Satan a life that is supposed to be in Christ. Which is what we’re talking about. I hope this didn’t muddy things up even worse for you. But it’s clear that the beast’s head that was once severed, did happen at the cross, but it’s alive again is a result of those rejecting the cross have allowed this beastly head to be revived. End of Note

10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

7 Kings = Roman Leaders
Maybe you already know that Rome sits on seven hills. These seven kings, five that are fallen. . . if you were to take Fox’s book of Martyrs or rather Josephus, you’ll find there were Ceasars in succession. There were seven different ceasars and he speaks about this in verse 11. Verse 10 speaks about 5 being fallen and one is. One was in control at the time this was written. If you’ll go back and study history, you’ll see there was that succession of Cesars and when he speaks about the 10 horns being 10 kings, horns are a type of man’s strength.

12And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast

10 Kings = Caesars of Rome
This power they receive “as” kings for one hour with the beast, he’s talking about this unholy alliance that took place between the beast and the harlot. With Rome . .remember we told you they were in bed together. Rome and Israel were in bed together. It was a “convenient” compromise. Strange bedfellows that came together for a common cause which was to persecute the Christian believers. The irony of this whole thing is that eventually this adulterous relationship that took place, the whole thing turned on them after a while. Even though Rome was in this marriage with Israel to persecute the Christians, after Rome got what they wanted, after the beast got what it wanted from the harlot, Rome turned on them in 70 AD and fulfilled the prophecy on how God said that he would judge them because they rejected his Christ. Did you follow all of that?

Now, there’s another application to all of this and I won’t take the time to go deeply into it here, but it would be neat if you took this home and did it there. You take these ten horns and seven heads and you have 17. You go to Galatians you’ll find in there 17 works of the flesh listed

I just had to do it.
Galatians 5
16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

IF you take that and compare it to the next verse

14These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful

Where’s the war going on? This is a war that was going in the first century, but there’s also a war going on in you isn’t there. That’s why I have the whole context of the 17 works of the flesh there, because just before stating what they are, Paul also states that there’s always a contrary atmosphere between your soul and God’s spirit. Romans also talks about a warring in our members because of the lusts we struggle with.

Romans 7
23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Taking A Spiritual Breath
It just seems like we find ourselves reaching such peaks of understanding and then we have to back off because we can’t take anymore and I think that’s a good thing because I think sometimes if we’re not careful we can go beyond the spirit’s overshadowing to bring us understanding. We sometimes need to get away from the table a bit so we can absorb that which God has planted in our spirits and give ourselves time for that seed to grow from our spirit into our minds so that our bodies can come into proper alignment with all of it.

Our minds are never satisfied, Scripture says the eyes of a man are never satisfied. And people, even though they’re getting spiritual truth sometimes, it’s not good that you don’t get satisfied. You know the saying “my eyes are bigger than my stomach . .” I’m not just talking about natural things, that works spiritually also. Sometimes your eyes are bigger than your spiritual stomach can digest.

Editor’s Note
Once again, I can easily relate to this. There’ve been times where I purposefully do not do any studying or reading for periods of time. The reason for that is not because I struggle with my relationship in Christ, actually, it’s quite the opposite. My spirit has things in it that resonates with me and I cherish those things. I want them to digest and mature in me so I’ll not only not forget them, but I want them to become a part of who I am, and I want to be transformed into what they are. Not the act of revelating, but the truth of the revelations themselves.

Sometimes there will be God’s spiritual principles taking root in my spirit that I don’t want to disturb them with anything else until they’ve had time to take root of there own and begin growing in my understanding so that when I do dive into revelating again, they’ll help solidify the next seed that comes in my spirit instead of begin forgotten they were ever there in the first place.

And yes, I’m fully aware when these times manifest. I’ve stopped forcing myself to read the Bible whether I like it or not. If you expect seeds to be planted deep into you, then you need to quit disturbing the soil around the seed that God planted with other seeds. You wouldn’t go out to your garden that you just planted two weeks ago and plant more over the top of what you’ve already planted would you? And if you truly do believe Romans 1:20 means what it says, then you can easily make the connection between a natural garden and your spiritual garden.

You think the garden of Eden was just a natural garden? Of course not. It was spiritual just as much as it was natural. But we’ve grown so accustomed to only look at things in Scripture from a natural mindset that it’s hard for us to reach into the spiritual meaning of things. But I’m telling you, the more you expose yourself to spiritual things of God, the more you’re reflection becomes his image through you instead of your own image being there.
End Note

Walking Out Your Menu
You need to be careful and understand in the book of Exodus whenever they were coming out of Egyptian bondage, the Lord told them “I want you to eat the lamb with a staff in your hand and shoes on your feet.” What does that mean? It’s been taught to mean that you’re to be ready to leave at a moment’s notice. Once God said go, you didn’t have the time to ready yourself then, you were to already be prepared to go. We’d then tie that to another sermon on the rapture. But if you’re going to use that application, then you need to stay with it.

Walking Off What You Eat
If you’re comparing yourself to the state of Israel at that time when it was proclaimed of what state of mind they were to be in, then you need to also keep it in the context to match your life also. It can be applied in the sense that there must be a readiness in your heart once you’ve received the promise that God is going to lead you out of your bondage, but take it to the next level and you’ll find that it also means you better not be willing to feed on anything that you’re not willing to walk out. If you’re eating something, you’re not really walking in it, you understand? We really don’t want to just come in here week after week just to hear me speak and you go home.

Being “Cast Down” Sheep
What happens in the course of one day . . .if you took just what’s been said today and you took it home and meditated on it, you’d be working on it for another three months. Can I say something to you that I think is vitally important concerning today’s charismatic Christianity? In the 9th chapter of Matthew, Jesus refers to Israel as sheep with no shepherd, they were scattered. It says they were cast down. It doesn’t mean they were just depressed. Actually that phrase is borrowed from something David said in Psalms.

“Why art thou “cast down” O my soul within me, hope thou in God”. When Jesus saw the people, he didn’t just see throngs of people that came out to hear him preach and work miracles. When he saw them, he saw them “as” sheep who were cast down. That term is used to describe sheep when they eat too much. You ever notice sheep, they have little short legs and big round rotund bodies. Heavy of wool, they can’t move very quickly. What happens with sheep, they’re just like people, they’ll eat and eat and eat, in fact they’ll destroy a field.

They don’t just eat what’s on the surface, but they nibble and pick and chew everything down into the dirt and roots. If you have them stay in one pasture too long, they’ll literally destroy that field where it can’t produce anymore. They eat so much . .they have four stomachs. Did you know that? They’re a ruminating animal, which means they chew the cud, they bring it back up, chew it and swallow it again.

The Armageddon of a Sheep
If you don’t move sheep along, they will eat so much, as these people did, they’ll just kind of lay down and wallow in their revelation. Sheep, when they get that full, they’ll find a low place in the earth and they’ll lay down. The problem is, once they lay down, they can’t get back up. Their stomach swells and they get in a “cast” position. They get cast down and they can’t get back up. One of two things will kill them. . . either buzzards, vultures that begin to circle and take them in that vulnerable position rolled over on their back. Either they die as a result of that, or a toxic gas builds up in their own system as a result of them eating too much. That gas backs up in them and chokes them to death.

Bringing it To Where You Are
So that what they were nourishing themselves on actually kills them. This is such a picture of today’s church. There is so much charismatic preaching to the multitudes alright, but the multitudes being preached to aren’t the hungry and lost. Instead it’s the fattened levis that do little more than feast on the sacrifices of everyone else and never put that obedience back into the body of Christ. They’re overfed. You don’t pay me just to stand up here week in and week out just to cause you to go . . “Wow!”

You pay me, you take care of me as the priest in this house so I can stay God-ward and I can speak the revelation of Gods’ word, not so you can get bigger and bigger and go off with your little short legs and get rolled over on your back and choke to death. But for you to begin to walk out what you’ve been hearing. Sometimes I wonder, week after week, “how much more can I tell them, God?” It’s not to mean I’ve lost interest into the Word of the Lord or speaking his word.

God knows I can do this in my sleep, not to say that flippantly, but my heads so messed up with heavenly things that this stuff flows in through me all the time. When I was in Revelation a couple weeks ago and saw this eagle flying through the mid-heavens proclaiming the everlasting gospel, I thought “that’s me”. I preach the everlasting gospel. It lasts for ever, like the ever-ready battery, I can go on, and on, and on . .and on . . .. . .and on . .
But you need to understand that once I lay down this microphone, I really don’t have a whole lot to say.

Really, Why Go to Church At All?
You ever ask yourself why you come to church? You know when you’re getting ready, God knows you don’t need any more prophetic ministry over you. In fact what most of us need is, instead of wanting a new prophecy, we ought to act on the ones we already have. You don’t need anybody to lay hands on your head any more, in fact you’ve had hands laid on you so much most of you have had your hair wore off.

You don’t need any body really to lay hands on you or even to prophesy over you. You say “well, wait a minute, prophecy is important.” Well, your right, it is, but personally, I don’t want anymore prophecy. Don’t misunderstand me, Scripture says we’re not to despise prophesying. I want prophecy as God wants to speak to me, but I want to say WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT !! I’d like to see the ones that I’ve been given fulfilled before I get anymore. What good are they, I just keep stacking them up in my spiritual closet . .you hear what I’m saying?

That’s why there needs to be a great change in the body of Christ as a whole. Because God wants true equipping ministries bringing people into the maturity in their place of ministry so that people don’t just gather here to hear me or how deep I can take you in understanding. Or how powerful and awesome the worship is, but you’re here because you want to find your place in ministry. For every man’s gift shall make room for him . . Scripture says.

Proverbs 18:16
16A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.

Editor’s Note
Off the Trail for a sec
As most everyone knows, there’s a topic that has gotten my attention lately and I’ve simply wondered what became of the practice. I’m still processing it but In the process of processing, I stumbled in to this from digging up the passage about your gift making room for you . . .

18The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
18You may have to draw straws when faced with a tough decision (Message)
18Casting lots can end arguments and settle disputes between powerful opponents (New Living Translation)
18To cast lots puts an end to disputes and decides between powerful contenders. (Amplified)
18 Casting the lot settles disputes and keeps strong opponents apart.
NIV

Proverbs 16:33
The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD. KJV
33We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall.
NLT

33The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him]. AMPLIFIED

33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD. NIV

All this does is draw me even more into the arena of perhaps, this is connected to something greater in God that the church is missing out on as well. How do I figure? Great question, glad you asked! In a sense, I see casting lots, drawing straws, throwing dice . . . as a form of liberation. That ought to make your nose wrinkle. Part of the struggle with people dealing with the life over law concept is control. Law gives the control to the individual. I (the church) can control you or the situation by making a law and forcing you to follow it so that my goal will be reached through that process.

But when it comes to life, that takes the control out of my hands, it means I must let go of the law. I can’t condemn people anymore because the seed of life doesn’t perform in that manner. It’s the same with casting lots. By doing so, it takes the decision out of my hands and into Gods. I’m not planning any major changes in the near future on this, I just find it interesting.
End Note
Not Always What I want to Hear
You step into what God calls you to do and no longer are you a spectator, but now you’ve become a participator and now you’re on the field yourself. Now if you’re here and you just say “I really need someone to lay hands on me because I’ve been really struggling with some things in my life . .” Well, believe it or not, laying hands on you isn’t what you need, you need to go ahead and struggle because that’s what makes you strong.

We have addicted people, caused them to be addicted to get prayed for all the time. I don’t ask people to pray over me all the time because I understand that a lot of the stuff I’m trying to get people to pray about, God doesn’t want me prayed out of it, he wants me to stay in it so I’ll get through it so I can get what I was supposed to get out of what he wants me to go through. I’m not trying to make fun of you, I believe we’re supposed to pray for one another.

Scripture instructs us to pray one for another and bear one another’s burdens and serve one another, love one another, and all those kinds of things. But quite frankly, I think that we have discounted that thing and every time we turn around we’re asking someone to pray for us. The reason why it’s not working is because God doesn’t want them to pray for you because he wants you to go through what you’re going through.

John 17
15"I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from (AM)the evil one. 16"(AN)They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17"(AO)Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. 18"As (AP)You sent Me into the world, (AQ)I also have sent them into the world. 19"For their sakes I (AR)sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be (AS)sanctified (AT)in truth. 20"I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21that they may all be one; (AU)even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, (AV)so that the world may believe that (AW)You sent Me.

You say “prayer changes everything . .” no, prayer doesn’t change anything, prayer changes you. Isn’t that interesting that it is intended to always changing something else when the intent of God is to have it change you. Are you okay? I think about that some weeks, “ . .Oh we just preach the Word of God, we worship and we send you home . .” it’s like some people become so accustomed to jumping into a prayer line, we do have prayer and ministry time . .when the Lord tells us to. But we don’t just do it every time we get together.

Some Pentecostals, whenever they get together, somebody’s gotta start slinging a bottle of oil, you know? If you want prayer to get you out of something, or for God to get something out of you, give it a minute. Check and see if it’s not something that God wants to use to instill some character, or something to purge something deeper in you. We’ve come too far into this fire to start crying out to have it removed from us before we’re done baking in it. God’s manifest presence in you is not something you measure by how healthy you are. Are you hearing what I’m saying?

Ending Editor’s Note
These last few paragraphs we’ve just covered I don’t necessarily think they relate to us beings that our praying for each other as a corporate body doesn’t happen as often as most churches. In fact, if anything, I think our body could take more time for prayer than what we do. But again, he’s addressing those that make a career out of searching for someone to give a word over them or lay hands on them and release some spiritual gift into their life. That type of heart will only abuse the gift, if there are any given at all. Because they are not in it with the intent on ministering to others, but instead, the gift is for themselves.

As I sit here with just me and this computer screen, I’ve often wondered myself . . .how long is too long. When I said at the beginning of all of this that we were just going to take our time and walk through this, I had no idea that almost 2 years later, I’d be setting here, only about ¾ the way through the study. I’ve often thought, “maybe we should take a break for a while, just sort of take a recess from this.” Why? Because even though I personally thrive on this . . . every last inch of it. . . where is everyone else? I mean, at the beginning of all of this, I think it’s a pretty safe statement to say that I’m the only one who actually believed it.

Now, as near as I can tell, that pendulum has swung drastically to the other end to where I think it’s safe to say that everyone here is either fully supportive of what’s being shared and taught, or you’re definitely leaning in that direction. But is that reason enough to continue? I wish I could put what I’m feeling into words, but the best I can do is simply say that this tugging pull . . constant pull inside me is no less powerful in me now than it was 2 years ago. I still feel like an empty sponge absorbing and absorbing . .I don’t know where it’s all being stored up unless it’s just not.

It’s just flowing out as much as it’s flowing in. it’s hard to explain because even though I’ve not heard anything like this, it’s not knowledge that’s building up in me, it’s spiritual transformation that’s processing in my heart and cementing my mind, conforming it to a new order of life in Christ that I pray never ever ends.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum