APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Twenty Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Twenty Five on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 pm

cross-eyed

Revelation 17
1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Warning Label
Maybe I should have warned you that at this point, this chapter is for mature audiences, it’s not for the weak of heart. This particular chapter has graphic language in it. In fact I think many of you would be stunned to understand some of the things the prophets of old said concerning Israel and the spiritual state they had deteriorated into. Some of the things that embarrass you is not an embarrassment to God. Some of the things that may be sensitive to you, God plows right over and uses in his Word. So I’m warning you, chapter 17 of Revelation is for mature audiences.

I should have said, like most television programs, “this program contains information that may not be suitable for children.” Some of what we’re about to read is not suitable for the immature and insecure. It’s not suitable for people who’re really not desiring to grow out of their immaturity that will carry them into God’s maturity that will enable them to carry God’s purposes in it’s fullness. I’m warning you now, we’re going to be covering things of a very graphic nature. The picture of this prostitute is only the tip of the ice burg.

2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns

Now that particular image is not a new one to us, seven heads and ten horns. We saw that in the 13th chapter and elaborated on what those mean. Also note the kings, we just saw the kings of the east, now we’re seeing kings of the earth.

4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns

I Will Show
We’ll stop there because in the very middle of this chapter we have the question raised to give us understanding to what this chapter is all about. The mystery of the woman and the beast that carries her is what we want to understand. I want us to come back if you will, and see what it is that John and this old English word “show” is telling us. As we can see in King James, it uses the word “show” in verse one The old English word “shew” or “show” is a revelation word.

Whenever I see that I know there’s something getting ready to be uncovered, or unveiled. There’s something that’s been covered that I’m going to “dis”cover. The whole revelation, apocalypse which is the Greek word for Revelation which means unveiling as we’ve said so many times before. But John is getting ready to see something that hasn’t been real clear to him to this point. Again, the language is strong. What’s he’s seeing here is a great whore. Not just a whore, but a great whore. The personification of all whores is what he’s getting ready to see, and that she’s being judged.

Harlot Imagery
Now, I don’t know how familiar you are by now with all of our references back to the Old Testament, you should be much more familiar than you have been in the past. But I don’t know how familiar you are with this image of a harlot. You may want to read the 50th and 51st chapter of Jeremiah as well as Ezekiel 16 and 23, do some home work on this and research this a bit so that you can get this in your spirit on your own. I’ve not spoon fed this to you and you don’t need to be spoon fed. You need to understand that God has gifted us the ability to unravel these mysteries but that doesn’t exempt you from finding truth yourself.

Search For Yourselves Truth
If you are really earnest as you say you are for understanding, then you’ll be like those Burean believers that Acts speaks about where it says they gave themselves to searching the Scriptures, (Acts 17:11) even after they had heard Paul preach. I mean, they had a lot of respect for Paul, most of you if Paul were alive today, you wouldn’t even bring your Bible. You wouldn’t even take time to go home and look at the passages that Paul spoke from. Because of his ability to teach the revelation of the Word of God, you would have just accepted everything he said as gospel because after all, it’s the Apostle Paul.

But don’t ever make that mistake, no matter how powerful the gifting is, or clear the revelation is, you know for yourself. I’ll even go so far as to say it’s not adequate for you to just get the tapes and listen to them either. Just because you listen to the truth that’s on the tape, doesn’t mean that you have the truth. Make any sense?

The Great Whore Is Not A “Catholic” Church
So what is this whore that he’s seeing? Again, what’s here is not for the faint of heart, I may just take you to those passages in Ezekiel and let you read for yourselves what’s been hiding in your Bible all this time. There’ve been many attempts of late, in the last 20, 30, 40 years or whatever, to identify this great whore as the city of Rome or the great revived Roman Empire, if you haven’t heard about it, you’re better off. And also there’s been in the last few decades an identification of this harlot, I’m sorry, I apologize for the ignorance of this, with the Roman Catholic church.

The reason why they do that is because of the clothing that is described here, the scarlet and the purple and all the jewels and gold and glitter. There’s this mistaken association because we have seen with the Roman Catholicism with all it’s glory and splendor and wealth and whenever we see those images from Rome and the Vatican, we see all those colors and men, in their weak exegesis of Scripture, actually it’s not an exegesis at all, they assume that what they’re seeing here is the false religious system. But in truth the false religious system, as far as I’m concerned, is just as prevalent in this room right now, and in churches that call themselves protestant as it is in contemporary Rome.

What is the metaphor of harlotry all about here? I believe that if you take time to see what the Old Testament is already conveyed to us, we’ll see it very clearly because throughout the Old Testament, Israel is referred to often as a harlot. Why would God refer to her in that manner? Because they were God’s original choice. They were not chosen because they were special, they were special because they were God’s first choice. Hear that because it’s very important, even though it sounds simple.

And even when God chose them, all through the Old Testament in Genesis all the way through the prophets, you’ll see over and over again this analogy given, comparing even in the natural marriages in men like Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebecca and on and on. (Ex. Isaiah 50:1) You’ll see this analogy given between their relationship and their marriage and God’s relationship with Israel. I mean we are okay with and understand that he is the bride groom and we are the bride, we read about the five wise virgins and the five foolish virgins and we’re familiar with that particular parable that is enlightening to us concerning that relationship.

It’s just one metaphor that can be used to describe our relationship with him and also of our ability to conceive his seed and produce his image in the earth. A bride does that also. And all of us can categorize ourselves in either one of those two categories, either we’re his true and faithful wife, we’re faithful to him and him alone or we’re a whore. Our faithfulness is not to some system or to just one another, but it’s to him. I’m not just faithful because Pastor is looking to see if I’m in church week in or week out because I understand that he is only and under-shepherd of the chief shepherd.

And my commitment is to him, I’m not here out of obligation or responsibility, I don’t give grudgingly or necessity.

What Makes a Marriage?
When I wake up in the morning, I’m not just a husband to my wife because I go to work and provide. There are a lot of men that do that for 40 years and resent it the whole time. That doesn’t make you a husband anymore that being a wife is keeping the house straight and clean and contributing your fair share to the maintenance of the home, that doesn’t make you a wife. Just because you have babies doesn’t make you a wife. We’re talking about “commitment”. Everybody say that ugly “c” word. It strikes as much fear as the other “c” word, cancer, in some people. Commitment.

Perversions of Words
That word has been so devalued that it’s almost as distorted as the word “gay”. Look at me and look at me good, “I’m” gay. (waiting for the laughter to die down) No, I’m not a homosexual, but I am gay. Don’t let the word be perverted. They’re not gay, they’re perverted. Gay is happy! I’m talking about the perversion of words. Do you hear what I’m saying? You think a whore is someone who walks the street in a seductive dress, it’s one dimension of it, but you’re badly deceived if you thing that’s the primary definition of what a whore is. Being a whore isn’t street language, it’s biblical language.

We’ve already seen so far in our study of Revelation, that Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt as well as Babylon. It seems ironic that God would refer to what we have always studied about being the holy city. In it’s origin, that is what it was. It was a city that God chose, he handpicked the people as well as the city to where he would live. It was a city in which he manifested his purpose, but just because he did that and he had made a covenant with Israel, didn’t mean she remained committed.

But instead, she became an adulterous through her idols and immoral. She began to as we’re going to see in just a minute, to lie down under every tree and spread her legs. Strong language isn’t it. But Jerusalem in it’s apostasy, how did this city, which was once a holy city, become a harlot? It began with the apostasy of the priesthood of Israel. As the priests go, so go the people. I don’t point my finger in accusation and blame the body of Christ today. It’s not the fault of the people, it’s the fault of the priesthood.

Men who wouldn’t preach the word of God without fear or favor. Who were not fearful of controversy, who would speak the pure, unadulterated word of God. Please understand this morning that my name is not Delilah. If you came to lay your head in my lap and let me stroke your hair and tickle your ears, because the Bible says in the last days that men would “heap” to themselves, teachers having itching ears and they would not endure sound doctrine. That was true then and it’s true now. You may not have understood that metaphor, but understand this, I am not here to tell you what you want to hear, but instead, I’m to tell you what you need to hear.

2 Timothy 4:3
NKJV
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

NASB
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but {wanting} to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

RSV
3For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings,

3You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food--catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. 4They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. 5But you--keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.into the open with his rule, 2so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple. 3You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food--catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. 4They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. 5But you--keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.

Spiritual Delilahs (Good stuff!)
You can go to sleep with your head, your mind in the lap of some Delilah ministry somewhere who will stroke your hair and speak soft things into your ears and tickle and blow soft things into your ear, but Delilah was a harlot! She had no intentions of a commitment with a covenant man called Samson. She had no concept or understanding. All she wanted was to get to the secret of his power. She wasn’t concerned about being a faithful wife who would be loyal and would understand the depths of intimacy and conceive the seed of God, are you hearing what I’m saying?

A whore isn’t interested in carrying seed because if she carries seed she has to have responsibility. That’s why people in churches around us, the cruise-a-matics that are out there, claiming to be Charismatic, but in truth, they’re cruise-a-matics. They cruise from one church to the next until they find a church that pleases and satisfies them. They’re willing to put their money on the table as long as you moan and groan and give them some spiritual orgasm. But they’re not interested in commitment, or reproduction, they don’t want it. They’ll practice “safe church” if-you-will. They’ll just get close enough to get excited.

Editor’s note
We are seeing both sides of the road here, or are about to. What we just read in Timothy are those that don’t want the responsibility of spiritually parenting anyone. They just want to go from one revival to the next and build their tents in the fuzziness of the frenzy that often follows any manifestation of God. There’s nothing wrong with getting emotional, but again, like anything else, that’s not to be the emphasis or identity of who we are or where God is. We become God-chasers rather than God-carriers.

So in one ditch you have those running from responsibility to birth and parent others. On the other side of the road you’ll find those that take the responsibility to a whole different level and become judge and jury on everyone else that doesn’t have their perspectives or points of view. It’s either you walk the line “I’ve” drawn out, or you will feel “my” wrath to conform you so that “I” can accept you as one of “us”. Both sides are ditches of the truth. Both are full of blind people giving directions.

Matthew 15
10He then called the crowd together and said, "Listen, and take this to heart. 11It's not what you swallow that pollutes your life, but what you vomit up." 12Later his disciples came and told him, "Did you know how upset the Pharisees were when they heard what you said?" 13Jesus shrugged it off. "Every tree that wasn't planted by my Father in heaven will be pulled up by its roots. 14Forget them. They are blind men leading blind men. When a blind man leads a blind man, they both end up in the ditch
End of Note

Concepts = conception = contraception.
That what people want, they want safe church. They want to go to a church on Sunday morning and set in the pew Sunday after Sunday, “They’re” the harlot! They desire to be massaged and manipulated, excited and thrilled, looking for some spiritual orgasmic experience. “Oh, the worship is wonderful . . . what a great sermon that was . . “ But when it comes time to find a remnant people that are so purely devoted to God, not only when it soothes them but when it rubs their fur the wrong way, they are nowhere to be found.

Responsibility of Marriage, Natural and Spiritual
I’ll be married 20 years next month and I’m more in love with her than I’ve ever been in my entire life but there’s been days when we didn’t get along. But I wasn’t going to walk out of the house and slam the door and find somebody else to sleep with because I’m in this thing for the long haul. That’s why people change churches like they change socks. There’s not any real net evangelism today, the only growth that’s going on is when fish change tanks. It usually happens around feeding time.

Understand that what I’m saying isn’t the way you win friends and influence people. As the head of this church God has appointed me to, I sometimes am led, by God, let’s not overlook that, I am led to illuminate some things that the church just may not like hearing, but that doesn’t change the truth of what’s being said.

Great Harlot
Israel not only became a harlot, but she was a “Great” harlot. John and his readers understood that she was not only a harlot, but she was typical of Babylon, we’ve covered this before. For people who haven’t been with us from the beginning and begin coming in this study at midstream quickly find why the proceeding word is so important, or you won’t understand the images and symbols that have been explained in earlier studies.

Babylon
Babylon is not just about some ancient nation that preceded the Medes and Persians that the Old Testament prophets referred to. But Babylon has it’s root system, it’s foundation comes from a tower called Babel that was built by men in Genesis 11. Remember the word “tower” isn’t like what we think of a tower to be, it means a platform or a pulpit. Men tried to build something that would reach into the heavens and make a name for themselves. It’s not the order that Scripture lays out for us to follow. Jesus said that “I will build my church.”

Gen 11:4
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth

tower
a) a tower
b) b elevated stage, pulpit
c) c raised bed

Dividing Number of Nations
The only thing they give birth to is the confusion of tongues. We’re not talking about the natural tongues in their hundreds and thousands of different dialects. We’re talking about the confusion of spiritual tongues, where there’s this group that believes one thing, and over here there’s another group that believes something else. It’s the dividing of the nations, the denominations; the “de- dividing nomi /nomma = number of the nations; denomination.

Denominations are nothing more than a reflection of the confusion of the nations at the tower of Babel. Babel means confusion. That’s why when you open the yellow pages it will stagger you to see how many different denominations there are. The Bible says “one Lord, one faith, one baptism.” I understand there are different expressions, I understand there are 12 tribes making up one nation. I get that, but they understood something about unity that has eluded the church in that matter.

“Unconditional” Mindset
The reason why Babylon has emerged is because this whoring spirit, people just have to be satisfied and titillated, they got have what they want. I didn’t just marry my wife so she would satisfy me physically. I don’t just join a church because it has every “thing” that my family needs. I should be joining a church, I should be offering myself to the kingdom purpose because there’s something that “I” can bring to it. That’s why most marriages today keep falling apart today. It’s not fifty-fifty! I’m not measuring and justifying how much I’m going to put into my relationship with my wife, depending on how much I think she’s putting herself into it with me.

Bread Burning
That’s what’s wrong with our culture and it’s what’s wrong with our church. If you don’t like the way the service goes some Sunday you just get mad if I burn the bread. In Israel if a woman burned the bread, it was grounds for divorce, which of course, is under the law. If I get a little too hot at the pulpit, if I burn the bread a little bit, are you hearing what I’m saying? And what are you going to do? You’re going to find somebody else who will bake it for you just right and you’re going to eat bread out of the ovens of Egypt that are full of frogs.

Many Waters
This great whore sits on many waters. I’ve mentioned this before, you need to do your homework and read the 50th and 51st chapters of Jeremiah, the expression of many waters is found there. (See Word Study “Many Waters”) But if we want to understand very simply what this expression means, we’ve already mentioned that waters speak of nations. How do we know that? Because Scripture talks about how nations are tossed too and fro like the waters of the sea. It also talks about a double-minded man who is unstable in all his ways, he’s like the waves of the sea. James 1:6

There’s a double-mindedness about those who have not the mind of Christ. What faith they do have has no support or strength. We’ve not let the single-minded spirit of Christ manifest himself through us. We are always letting “our” mind, the mark of the beast in “our” mind, judge and control everything. The carnal mind is at “enmity” with the mind of God. (Romans 8:7).

Pure Once, Defiled Now
So she sits upon “many” waters. 15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues It’s very clear here that this is one expressions so we understand clearly that it’s referring to nations. Yet in the beginning of Revelation, we found, as well in the word study, that the voice of the Lord is like the voice of many waters, the voices of the people around the thrown also mentions sounding like many waters.

So it’s not only speaking of the natural idolatrous nations, but it’s also speaking of the fact that they were sitting upon something that was the manifestation of God’s glory at one time, but it became perverted. It’s so subtle and happens so easily. Just because we’ve seen God’s glory manifested some place, the waters stirring, the great glory manifestation, we don’t believe by any means this great glory can be perverted or contaminated.

Understand with me whenever you go out to a body of water and you see it’s dark murky nature, that doesn’t mean it’s headwaters produced that, if you go to the head waters you’d find that it’s crystal clear and pure. But somewhere downstream, there’s a tributary that pours into it that contaminated the flow of it. The true source of what God wanted to do with this city of Jerusalem was pure in it’s purpose, but somewhere downstream, there were all kinds of tributaries of impure, unrighteous teaching that began to flow into it. And what was pure in it’s headwaters, became polluted downstream.

In verse two of this chapter, it states that she committed fornication, what does that mean? She commits fornication with the kings of the earth. I’m going to throw out some verses,

Jeremiah 2
20"A long time ago you broke out of the harness. You shook off all restraints. You said, "I will not serve!' and off you went, Visiting every sex--and-religion shrine on the way, like a common whore. 21You were a select vine when I planted you from completely reliable stock .And look how you've turned out-- a tangle of rancid growth, a poor excuse for a vine. 22Scrub, using the strongest soaps. Scour your skin raw. The sin-grease won't come out. I can't stand to even look at you!" GOD's Decree, the Master's Decree. 23"How dare you tell me, "I'm not stained by sin. I've never chased after the Baal sex gods'! Well, look at the tracks you've left behind in the valley. How do you account for what is written in the desert dust-- Tracks of a camel in heat, running this way and that, 24tracks of a wild donkey in rut, Sniffing the wind for the slightest scent of sex. Who could possibly corral her! On the hunt for sex, sex, and more sex-- insatiable, indiscriminate, promiscuous

Amplified version
24Or [you have the untamed and reckless nature of] a wild donkey used to the desert, in her heat sniffing the wind [for the scent of a male]. In her mating season who can restrain her? No males seeking her need weary themselves; in her month they will find her [seeking them].

Little to Close to Home?
Isn’t this characteristic of the church today with people who aren’t interested in commitment, not interested in being accountable for anything. They reserve the right to disagree with the message that’s pouring out from the pulpit. Some people think it’s just my harsh controlling word when the truth is, people simply have no concept of covenant and they want to lay down under every tree and they want to find someone that will spiritually satisfy them and give them a spiritual orgasm.

Life in the Spiritual Womb
But they don’t want to carry the baby because if they have to carry a baby, it’s going to give them stretch marks and change their center of gravity. It’s going to force them to walk differently, it’s going to stretch them and often times give them morning sickness. {Blended Edit : There’s one for you, morning sickness. Interesting concept there. As a child, I used to believe that meant what it said. A woman with child would become sick only in the morning. Man, was I in for a surprise! Suzanne had it bad, especially with Stephanie, and it wasn’t just in the morning, she was sick at any given time of the day.

Morning Sickness = Mourning Sickness
We “identify” with the term, but just like the blind church today, the term has nothing to do with the symptom. The mother’s body is going through such a major reformation in preparation for carrying an infant child until the day of birth arrives, that in the beginning trimesters, she becomes literally sick and can’t keep anything down. Her digestive system is all out of kilter. Somewhere along the way, someone coined the phrase “morning sickness”. Maybe the more accurate term for the church would be “Mourning” sickness, they can’t get out of the death mode of their thinking. Always identifying the failures and negative aspects of others instead of breathing life and hope into them.

The spiritual bride, interestingly enough, rejects the idea of birthing spiritual babies. Like we said, it forces the brides body to go through changes and causes the routine digestive track to become so unsettled that she vomits up the meat her body needs and she calls it “morning sickness?”

Understanding spiritually that Christ is the morning star, he’s the dawning of the new day, the emphasis of the body of Christ should not be on the eastern sky because that’s where Israel is, but on the eastern sky because that’s where the rising of the Son is. So the so-called bride of Christ labels the change inside her that’s making her sick as “morning sickness” Meaning that the shallow and religious church is nauseated by the appearance of the true sun. {End}

It’s going to change their center of gravity, force them to walk differently; stretch them and change the way they walk. Change them beyond themselves it’s going to change the way they look and they can’t walk and sachet and be as attractive as they’d like to because growing something on the inside of them that they can’t control. And suddenly they’re going to have to have breasts full of milk where they’re not always drinking milk themselves, but others will be dinking from their breasts.

Spiritually out of “Touch”
So many people today are so touchy they can’t be touched, they have an issue of blood like the woman that Jesus encountered. She was unclean, she couldn’t touch and she couldn’t “be” touched. She couldn’t conceive children. Many people can’t conceive the word of God because they’re bleeding to death over their own issue. Everybody’s got an issue, “somebody did me wrong.” If we could get over ourselves and have a desire so strong that we don’t care about the crowds of bystanders pressing in around us, but we get to a point to where we want to just reach through the noise of our lives and just get a glimpse, a grasp on the hem of the garment of God and let our own bleeding heart dry up so we can then be enabled to have spiritual children of our own.

How do I know that my wife is pregnant? The issue dries up. How do I know that you’re carrying something that’s proof positive that you’re intimate with HIM and not with somebody else? You’re bleeding stops. That thing you’ve been bleeding over finally stops, you’ve stopped your fussing, your complaining, your worrying. You’ve stopped focusing on your own sores long enough to allow his light to reach into your womb and give you back your life!

A Barren Mindset
No longer are you a reproach. The woman in Israel that could not have children because her body wouldn’t stop hemorrhaging, the Bible states that she was “unclean.” She had a sense of unworthiness, you’ll get rid of that sense of unworthiness in your own life. You’ll get rid of that condemnation you keep bringing on yourself, which inevitably runs over onto other’s that are closest to you. “I’ve just had this demonic spirit attacking me, I need prayer.” No, it’s not a demonic spirit that’s attaching itself to you, it’s your mind that won’t shut up about you. Stop blaming your current situation on the devil when it’s you that controls the bleeding! Set your heart on the right goal and you’ll be amazed at how fast the bleeding stops.

Hunger Drives You to Stay
Once you’ve reached through the noise of your selfishness and get a hold of his presence, it won’t matter whose abused you and used you or who has hurt you. What we do in most church circles is that we preach almost always to the needs of people. We’re always petting and pampering and changing people’s diapers and keeping them insecure. This word I’m giving you won’t run people off who have a hunger to grow in intimacy with God. This word will cause those people to cry out YES!! I need to be healed!!

So, there in verse 22 of Jeremiah 2 he says she’s like a wild donkey that’s accustomed to the wilderness, what’s that mean, she’s accustomed to the wilderness? You always hear the church talking about being in a wilderness a lot. I’ve been in the wilderness to, yet Scripture says that we’re not supposed to “lodge” in the wilderness (2 Samuel 17:16) I’ll say this and then move on. The problem with most of us is, once we teach people they have to go through process; they have to go through difficulty and struggle and it’s important that we do that.

2 Samuel 17
15Then Hushai reported to Zadok and Abiathar, the priests, what Ahithophel had said and what he himself had suggested instead. 16"Quick!" he told them. "Find David and urge him not to stay at the shallows of the Jordan River tonight. He must go across at once into the wilderness beyond. Otherwise he will die and his entire army with him."

(b) Hebrew at the crossing points of the wilderness.

[b]Editor’s Note

I want to just interject here and give a quick background of this passage. David was on the run from his own son at the time this transpired. Ahitophel was Absalom’s adviser that ended up killing himself because his council was rejected. King James words this passage as “wilderness” whereas this translation refers to it as the shallows of Jordan. Even though the translations give you different wording, the meaning is still the same. I inserted the NLT because I like the concept even better. Many people set up their camps in the “shallows” of the “Jordan”.

“Shallow” is pretty self-explanitory in the sense that we are more quickly drawn to stay in the shallows of the spiritual flow because we just don’t like the idea of not knowing what our future holds. We not only like the independence of that mindset, but we set up our tents, dwelling places, which is a picture of our spiritual progress in Christ coming to a halt. The second part of that is the meaning of the river itself. “Jordan” means “decender” or death.

Again, if you reject the word of Life and the discomfort of spiritual growth, you find yourself in the shallows of death. Everything to you is always less than what you think it should be. You’re never satisfied with your life experiences. You always think everyone is out to get you and you deserve better than what you’ve got, always dwelling in the shallows of the river of descent.
End of Edit

The Maturing Time is in Your Control
But we begin emphasizing and worshiping the process instead of recognizing what we’re becoming. You stay in the wilderness . .see your wilderness can be 40 days or 40 years, it’s up to you. That’s what we saw with Israel, they were at the promised land within three months of their departure from Egypt, but they rejected it and ended up spending 40 years in a land that was only supposed to be a 3 month trip. Some of you going through struggles right now, I’m talking to you.

If you had a flash in your mind “Wow, is he talking to me?” Yes, I’m talking to you. The length of your stay in the wilderness has everything to do with whether or not you are going to allow yourself to just die. And stop worshiping what you’re going through. The focus should be out of Hebrews 12. “He despised the cross, but he endured it suffering for the joy that was set before him” (Heb. 12:2) Your focus doesn’t need to be on your death, it needs to be that he died on your behalf in order for you to receive your resurrection through him. Don’t emphasize the death of your experiences in life, but on the life that comes from them! Otherwise you’ll be dying forever.

Jeremiah 2
32Young women don't forget their jewelry, do they? Brides don't show up without their veils, do they? But my people forget me. Day after day after day they never give me a thought

Jeremiah 3
"If a man's wife walks out on him And marries another man, can he take her back as if nothing had happened? Wouldn't that raise a huge stink in the land? And isn't that what you've done-- "whored' your way with god after god? And now you want to come back as if nothing had happened." GOD's Decree. 2"Look around at the hills. Where have you not had sex? You've camped out like hunters stalking deer. You've solicited many lover-gods, Like a streetwalking whore chasing after other gods. 3And so the rain has stopped. No more rain from the skies! But it doesn't even faze you. Brazen as whores, you carry on as if you've done nothing wrong. 4Then you have the nerve to call out, "My father! You took care of me when I was a child. Why not now? 5Are you going to keep up your anger nonstop?' That's your line. Meanwhile you keep sinning nonstop."

Harlotry at the Threshing Floor
Israel’s adulteries are described in Hosea as taking place on the threshing floor. The reason why that’s given is because in that setting, the harlots would go out to where men were working at the threshing floor where they separated the chaff from the wheat. Not only would harlots go there, but also true women who were seeking to be restored. One woman by the name of Ruth who was a widow went to a threshing floor and found a man by the name of Boaz. She laid down at his feet and waited for him to cover her.

Israel was apostatizing and prostituting herself for money in the house of grain. In fact, the reason why God allowed Israel to be carried away into Babylonian captivity for seventy years; why seventy years? Why did Daniel read it in the ninth chapter of his book where he read about the prophecy of seventy year captivity in the scrolls of Jeremiah. The reason it was seventy is because it’s a multiple of 7 which is God’s Sabbath which they had ignored. 7 x 10, 10 being the number of commandment or law.

Spiritual “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”
They had broke his commandment and not kept his Sabbath holy. What they were doing, they were so engrossed, pay close attention to this because it relates to the charismatic church of today as well. Today’s church feeds on a steady diet of healing and prosperity and know nothing about God’s providence and process in their lives. “Make me feel good, don’t give me anything that’s going to stretch me.” “Don’t give me anything that’s eventually going to cause me to go into labor and I begin feeling contractions and feel like my whole insides are coming out . . .”

“Labor” to Find Rest
Because I want to tell you if you are a wife and not a whore, then the seed of God’s word that you hear here every week is going to come to full term and you’ll start going through all kinds of changes. Your water is going to break and suddenly you’re going to be embarrassed and want to give up and the contractions will become so wrenching that you can’t control. You can tell pretty quickly when someone is in labor. Scripture says you have to labor to find that place of rest (Heb. 4:11) I know when somebody’s in labor and it’s not a bad thing but a good thing.

Having Children is Like Eating a Potato Chip . . .
Even the mother’s who are experiencing the labor know what kind of pain is coming to them, but they, in the midst of the pain, are looking forward to the end result because they know they baby is on it’s way, so they focus on that as they go through the pain. In all actuality, if I as a man, experienced the kind of pain that they say they feel going through this experience, I would quickly conclude that “if” I were to bear a child, it’d more than likely be by accident and then, if the pain was as bad as women claim it is, then I would definitely stop at the first child.

But women obviously aren’t like that, it’s not long after the birth of the first child, the mother is beginning to consider a second. Why? Because they understand that the amount of pain, be it great, only lasts for a short time, but the gift of a child is well worth the amount of pain they experience because their love for their children is greater than the pain they bear.

Being “Uncomfortable” Spiritually Isn’t Always a Bad Thing
Spiritually, I know when somebody’s in labor and it’s not a bad thing but a good thing. I know they’ve been overshadowed by the Holy Ghost and the seed of his word has been implanted in their womb and not according to our timeline of things, but according to God’s that person goes through a spiritual pregnancy as that spiritual word takes on a form of it’s own within their spirit and they become nauseated by things that never used to be a problem to them before. They wake up in discomfort in the middle of the night, they crave, they have a hunger for things they never used to hunger for.

That word inside them begins to kick and squirm, making room for itself to continue to grow in them. On the outside, they are anticipating what life will be like once this word in them has come full term. (I can really relate to this, it’s what God has been doing in me and in New Life community church for the past 2 years here in Anamosa.) The beauty of this whole event is, as a mother, she does no work, she simply goes about her daily routine, as much as she physically can, but she doesn’t have to inject herself with additives that teaches the baby to grow in her, that happens naturally.

It’s the same in the spirit. You’re mind can’t bring the birth of revelation to your spirit, only the Holy Spirit can plant it’s seed of understanding and revelation into your “spirit”. Your mind has nothing to do with it other than to be open to receive the seed from the one you’ve married yourself to. Once the seed has been planted, you’re mind shouldn’t interfere, instead, just let God’s time fulfill his plan in your spirit as you continue your daily walk in him.

Birthing Is Inevitable
Either way, eventually that baby is going to have to come out of you. Eventually there’s going to have a man child, a manifestation of your revelation. Revelation is not walking around spouting spiritual truth. I know you have revelation when I start seeing some contractions in your life. In the natural, you want to get out, you want to give up and you want to try to stop it. Sometimes the labor goes on for what seems to be forever. I’m not talking about something I’ve read in a book, I’m talking about something I’ve lived through. I’ve wanted God to give me an epidural. “Block this pain, Father why did you let me understand this? Why did you reveal this to me?”

2 Tape Twenty Five Part 2 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:45 pm

cross-eyed

Editor’s Note
I can’t help but interject here on this. I remember when, as a church body, we did a corporate fast. I also remember how long we did it for, which was also 40 days. It takes a woman 40 weeks of gestation for her baby to go from conception to birth. 40 weeks. That’s why we understand the number 40 spiritually is symbolizing a specific pattern of maturing process.

Once the seed is planted in our spirit, it’s there to go through a “process” which means it’s not an overnight kind of thing. Our church fasted for 40 days. In the middle of that period, I announced that God had spoken to me and “pronounced” that after the 40 days were over, we were going to see the fulfillment of his promise come to pass.

The only reason I remember that now is because I’ve been going over my own sermon tapes and “reorganizing” them for their content, and I came across the morning I stated that. Even when I heard myself say those words, it didn’t click. I questioned my wife as well as God as to “what happened with that?” Because at that time, “I” didn’t know for sure what “the fulfillment of his promise” meant. I “thought” it meant we were going to see a full-blown revival like the ones I’d seen with Pensacola, Toronto, and carried over to the church I had been attending for 20 years prior to becoming a pastor of my own church, but obviously none of that happened.

But shortly after questioning God on that, I came across another sermon that I did shortly after the church fast ended. You know what it was? It was the day I first received that silly tape of Mark Hanby on the dimensions of God, and also on the revelation of the tree of Life versus the tree of law. “That” is the seed that God planted in this church and we fasted 40 days for it to grow and give birth. It wasn’t a religious church revival at all, it was freedom of his life from the bondage of our own enforced religious laws. We think we’re mature Christians, but the reality is, we’re just toddlers in Christ. It’s been only 2 years since the birth of his direction in our lives. End of Note

Focusing on the Wrong Process
That’s another thing, once people begin to get close to that true seed of the word of the Lord and they hesitate and question whether or not they want to even go there because they’re seeing what it does to other people. But see there again, their focus is on the outward appearance of the mother carrying the child instead of the focus being on after the Baby is born, the Resurrection! We should be proclaim the birth of the child, not the pregnancy of the mother! Jesus said in the 16 chapter of John, the sorrow that the mother went through evaporates into thin air once that little baby is in her arms clutching to her breast for milk and warmth.

I’d rather go through what I have to go through to get what I’ve got and have him manifest himself in me rather than just glide through Christianity and always have somebody give me some spiritual epidural or a spiritual drug that saves me the pain of giving birth. (Blended Edit) I know that every time my wife looks at any of our four kids, she remembers what she had to go through to produce that child. Stephanie was almost 11 pounds and she took her time coming out. Miranda wasn’t nearly as bad, even still, she was over 9 pounds, and I don’t even want to go into the experience of her giving birth to the twins as they came premature and by C-section.

We love them all, some we planned for some we didn’t. Some revelations you seek for and others God just chooses to bless you with them. But even so, planned or not, we wouldn’t change a thing, even though right now we still find ourselves with what seems less energy than what’s being demanded of us, but we love every minute of it. It’s the same spiritually. This whole topic of not just the book of revelation, but the dimensional realm of God, that was a huge experience that birthed out of my spirit. Law over life, another spiritual child that the entire church had to go through the experience of birthing out. (Again, the reason why God led us through a 40-day fast corporately)

And yes, even this study of Revelation is a child that we, here in this class, must allow to become a life that lives and breathes in and through all of us and we have to go through the birthing experiences of the revelations that come out of the study of Revelation of Christ. Some revelational births will happen extremely fast, perhaps before we’ve completed all the preparations of our understanding. Other truths will take more time within our spiritual wombs before it becomes mature enough to go from within us to without.
End of Edit

Editor’s Note on the Edits
I may have to explain just for a minute here that as I’m hearing Randal Worley pour his heart out on things that we’ve been covering, it dovetails into my own personal experiences and so instead of inserting an edit as I normally have done, I go with a sentence he starts and blend it into my own personal experience and line of thought. But I still want the reader to realize the difference between what’s being transcribed and what’s my own insertions.
End of Edit

Misinformed “Formulational” Mindsets
We have what I call a “discount” Christianity. It’s a planned out structure that wants to give you 5 easy steps to this, or 7 easy steps to that. (I just saw this on a tv evangelist program this past week “7 steps to financial success.) You can read all the books in the world on how to have a baby and study all the birthing techniques and classes and practice all the breathing patterns that the best doctors advise. But the pain is still going to be there.

We have sold a brand of Christianity to people where I can confess everything away. I’m sorry there are some things you can’t confess away. You can’t get out of it, you gotta go through it! We all do! It’s the way God set it up!

Identifying the Origin of Prosperity
So, instead of the threshing floor being a place where wheat is separated from the chaff and women find their husbands to make marriage vows and covenants with them, she is finding herself there like other harlots. Oh, I never explained to you why she went into captivity for 70 years yet did I. (I’m thinking he did) Because she violated the Sabbath. The reason why she violated the Sabbath is because God reminded them when they first went into the promised land that they were to honor the Sabbath and keep it holy unto the Lord. “Do not forget the covenant I made with you.” “Make sure that you understand that it is I that prospered you.

Because as sure as you get over there into the land of Canaan that flows with milk and honey and the grapes and all the wonderful blessings and you’re going to drink from wells you didn’t dig and live in houses you didn’t build; just as sure as I start prospering you, you’re going to forget me.” And they did.

Instead of seeking God as to how they were to continue and maintain this prosperity in this land that flowed with milk and honey, they turned to the Canaanites, the inhabitants of the land. They said “tell us how you have grown, how you’ve fertilized, how you’ve maintained this wonderful provision of the land of Canaan. Tell us how.” Which is the same way the church has done. We have turned to a perverted culture to tell us through capitalistic eyes and means on how to be prospered by God.

They said “Well, there’s a God that we worship, and he’s the God of Baal.” Recognize that name? Baal – Babylon? He’s the god of fertility. We worship him and our crops grow and our rivers overflow.” So Israel forsook that day of Sabbath where they worship the Lord or the more guilty ones wouldn’t deny God all together, but they would incorporate it in with their religious beliefs God had originally given them. So they brought in idols and built groves on mountains and hills.

They still worshiped to a degree, at least one day a week, the living God, but the other six, they worshiped Baal. So as a result, God sent them into Babylonian captivity for 70 years. That’s the reason why we have seen a church that has been in a Babylon, that has been in a religious confusion for so long. Because 6 days a week, the number of man, they have worshiped their own agenda. What we do here on Sunday morning, some of you can’t even tolerate 2 hours in church. Some of you won’t be back.

Some of you wouldn’t be here if we called a great conference or ingathering of people, you don’t have time for it because you’re too busy building your own life. You don’t understand that you’re to seek FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness. You don’t understand that the very reason why you’re even breathing is because you’re connected covenantally to God’s kingdom.

Beware of the Graphic Nature of God
I’m going to go ahead and do what I said I wasn’t going to do. In Ezekiel we have this sarcastic portrayal of Israel’s Adultery, it’s sharp and it’s vivid. I’m gong to read to you some shocking verses. I don’t know what your different translations give about this, but Ezekiel 16 . . . are you ready? Are all your sensitive ears ready for this?

Ezekiel 16
17Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, (in other words, you’ve taken those things I’ve prospered you with) and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
I think some of you heard what he just said. He said “you’ve taken those things that I’ve blessed you with and you’ve created images of men and you’re masturbating to it. Masturbation is nothing more than self-gratification. So you take what God has blessed you with and you create images of men. To me the present application of that is people who are willing to go somewhere where the man has the image they want. And they’ll take their gold and silver and give tens of thousands of dollars, they’ll tithe to it, they’ll give offerings to it . . .

Ezekiel 16
25Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms. 26Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger33They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom

In other words, what he’s saying is, harlots are paid for their services, but Israel was paying herself to be gratified. Isn’t interesting how we can watch news or tv and movies that are more graphic than this and it doesn’t stun us but when we read it from the word of God, everybody is beside themselves at the candidness of the illustration. I’m just reading the Bible to you.

Ezekiel 16
34And the contrary is in thee from other women in thy whoredoms, whereas none followeth thee to commit whoredoms: and in that thou givest a reward, and no reward is given unto thee, therefore thou art contrary

Message Translation
32""Wives who are unfaithful to their husbands accept gifts from their lovers. 33And men commonly pay their whores. But you pay your lovers! You bribe men from all over to come to bed with you! 34You're just the opposite of the regular whores who get paid for sex. Instead, you pay men for their favors! You even pervert whoredom!

Now, everybody fasten their seatbelts as they say and let’s take a look at chapter 23. When I was looking at these verse earlier, I thought to myself that I’m not so sure I can even read from that. You say “This is about Israel.” Yea, it is, and 1 Corinthians 10 says that we should “read” about Israel’s path into idolatry and iniquity and immorality lest we go the same way. We don’t like to admit that we could be guilty of the same thing. The Bible says to examine yourself whether you be in the faith lest you be a reprobate.

Waking Up in the Lap of a Harlot
Really, the most subtle thing in the world that could happen to you is you could be like Sampson where you fall asleep in the lap of a harlot and suddenly you wake up and shake yourself and you think that just because you have some spiritual progeny, that you can play with your lusts and . . .some of you may be waking up this morning and you’re jumping up right now and shaking yourself and you realized you’ve fallen asleep in the lap of a harlot.

And you, like Sampson, were never even aware that the spirit of God has departed from you. There are a lot of people, there’s a lot of shaking and jiving going on in Charismatic churches today and no power. A lot of David dancing going on but no power. A shout without clout. Ezekiel 23, are you ready for this?

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh [is as] the flesh of asses, and whose issue [is like] the issue of horses.

Now, to us, in our culture, it’s is extremely difficult to even grasp what’s being said. And I’m pretty confident that most readers will just stumble through and keep going, the entire chapter is very abrasive and you really can’t get the whole picture of what’s being said by this one verse. But even when you do read the entire chapter (I am going to put the whole thing out to you in a minute) if you’re in the King James, it’s still most likely you’ll just skim through what’s being said and not actually grasp what picture is being painted here. I’d even challenge you, if I hadn’t made any references to it being of a sexual nature, would you have been aware of that part of it in the first place?

First, lets sort of regroup here, what’s this all about? We’re in Revelation, we’ve come across a picture there of a whore, which is the state of Israel. As we understand that this is really what is being relayed in symbolic form, we’ve gone back to other places in Scripture and we’ve seen the comparison that God has made more than once when referring to the nation he chose to be his bride.

What we’re also seeing is how that is applied to us as a church today. It’s not a pleasant picture to present our mainline Christianity as a whore, but that is actually where this is all going. But let’s digress just for a minute and get back to the passage at hand. The whore in Revelation is the same whore here in Ezekiel, it’s dealing with Jerusalem, which is the hub of the wheel that the temple has been established. You really need to read the entire chapter of Ezekiel to get that so here it is, in the NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (NIV)

Ezekiel 23
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother. 3 They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed. 4 The older was named Oholah, (her own tent) and her sister was Oholibah (Woman of the tent, or the tent is in her). They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.
5 "Oholah engaged in prostitution while she was still mine; and she lusted after her lovers, the Assyrians-warriors 6 clothed in blue, governors and commanders, all of them handsome young men, and mounted horsemen. 7 She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after. 8 She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin bosom and poured out their lust upon her.
9 "Therefore I handed her over to her lovers, the Assyrians, for whom she lusted. 10 They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.
11 "Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. 12 She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. 13 I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.
14 "But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans [a] portrayed in red, 15 with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. 16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. 17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust. 18 When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her nakedness, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. 19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled. [c]
22 "Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stir up your lovers against you, those you turned away from in disgust, and I will bring them against you from every side- 23 the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, the men of Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them, handsome young men, all of them governors and commanders, chariot officers and men of high rank, all mounted on horses. 24 They will come against you with weapons, [d] chariots and wagons and with a throng of people; they will take up positions against you on every side with large and small shields and with helmets. I will turn you over to them for punishment, and they will punish you according to their standards. 25 I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses (fragrance of God) and your ears (voice of God), and those of you who are left will fall by the sword (word of God). They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire (purifying fire of God). 26 They will also strip you of your clothes (remove your covering of God) and take your fine jewelry (Gifts from God). 27 So I will put a stop to the lewdness and prostitution you began in Egypt (carnality, natural mindsets, flesh). You will not look on these things with longing or remember Egypt anymore.
28 "For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am about to hand you over to those you hate, to those you turned away from in disgust. 29 They will deal with you in hatred and take away everything you have worked for. They will leave you naked and bare, and the shame of your prostitution will be exposed. Your lewdness and promiscuity 30 have brought this upon you, because you lusted after the nations and defiled yourself with their idols. 31 You have gone the way of your sister; so I will put her cup into your hand.
32 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says:"You will drink your sister's cup, a cup large and deep; it will bring scorn and derision, for it holds so much. 33 You will be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, the cup of ruin and desolation, the cup of your sister Samaria.
34 You will drink it and drain it dry; you will dash it to pieces and tear your breasts. I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. 35 "Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Since you have forgotten me and thrust me behind your back, you must bear the consequences of your lewdness and prostitution." 36 The LORD said to me: "Son of man, will you judge Oholah and Oholibah? Then confront them with their detestable practices, 37 for they have committed adultery and blood is on their hands. They committed adultery with their idols; they even sacrificed their children, whom they bore to me, [e] as food for them. 38 They have also done this to me: At that same time they defiled my sanctuary and desecrated my Sabbaths. 39 On the very day they sacrificed their children to their idols, they entered my sanctuary and desecrated it. That is what they did in my house.
40 "They even sent messengers for men who came from far away, and when they arrived you bathed yourself for them, painted your eyes and put on your jewelry. 41 You sat on an elegant couch, with a table spread before it on which you had placed the incense and oil that belonged to me.
42 "The noise of a carefree crowd was around her; Sabeans [f] were brought from the desert along with men from the rabble, and they put bracelets on the arms of the woman and her sister and beautiful crowns on their heads. 43 Then I said about the one worn out by adultery, 'Now let them use her as a prostitute, for that is all she is.' 44 And they slept with her. As men sleep with a prostitute, so they slept with those lewd women, Oholah and Oholibah. 45 But righteous men will sentence them to the punishment of women who commit adultery and shed blood, because they are adulterous and blood is on their hands. 46 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Bring a mob against them and give them over to terror and plunder. 47 The mob will stone them and cut them down with their swords; they will kill their sons and daughters and burn down their houses.
48 "So I will put an end to lewdness in the land, that all women may take warning and not imitate you. 49 You will suffer the penalty for your lewdness and bear the consequences of your sins of idolatry. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD."

I’ve given you the whole chapter, he’s just pulling out verse 20 for the time being.

Pretty gross isn’t it. That bother’s you doesn’t it. “Pastor I’d prefer that from here on out you wouldn’t point out those Scriptures. Listen, we’ve desensitized ourselves when we hear those kinds of things coming from the world until we just accept it as the jargon of the world. But when we read it from the word of God, it embarrasses us, we need to look up and realize what it’s actually saying about Israel rather than get distracted about the fact that it was said.

[b]Focus On the Purpose of the Content, Not the Delivery

So what “is” it saying about her? It’s saying Israel, in her uncontrollable lust for idolatry had gone after these men who had large genitals. What on earth is that symbolizing? I’m not afraid to put it out there, you see me turning red? I’m not afraid to speak the word of God. “What’s that got to do with Revelation 17? John wrote everything he did in Revelation 17 based on what he found and understood in Ezekiel. She found herself lusting and desiring after men who were “that way” if you will. I’m trying to be careful in measuring my words as hard as that is to say and describe.

What is the Bible saying there? When it came to the lust of the flesh, Israel wasn’t satisfied with just the normal idol worship, she was always searching for something bigger than what she already had. The more perverted, the more desire she had for it. I’m not just talking natural lust for men, but spiritual lust for idol worship. As you saw in Ezekiel 23, she adopted the practices of murdering their own children up to these idols. Whatever they were taught in idol worship, they wanted to always take it as far as they could go. They were the Howard Stern of their day, whatever shocks you the most, we want to go beyond that!

Exaggerated beyond anything any other nation had ever done. Distorted, perverted, exaggerated, once God turned them over to their own desires, there was no end to the perversions she could come up with. Are you still there? I think I lost some of you. I warned you this was for the mature audiences. I’m not making these Scriptures say something they’re not, it’s there. It’s graphic and ugly, but it’s there.

Now, the Connection to Today’s Church
There’s a church world out there today just like apostate Israel that will run after anything that is “big.” Anything that has this profuse emission, but it’s a sterile Christianity. It carries and Egyptian seed and it won’t do anything but produce more Ishmaels instead of Isaacs. Just because a church is bulging at the seams with numbers . . maybe one day I won’t have enough space to put all the people, but I would rather have a remnant of a true seed, than a house full of Ishmaels.

This Egyptian they were talking about here, they were notorious, the Egyptian men, something about the genetic string that produced this grotesque genital that was large and had a huge emission to it, but it was still Egyptian no matter how big it was, or how much it produced it was still Egyptian and it gendered to bondage. Man, am I glad I got through that. Can you believe that verse has been hiding in your Bible for all these years? Bigger is not better, I don’t care how much gratification and satisfaction it spews out on you, it doesn’t mean that it’s God. Tough stuff isn’t it. And I haven’t really even begin to talk about how this applies in the prophetic application, how that Babylon and the harlot dwells in us.

Revelation 17
2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

She certainly did that, we just read about only a couple instances but it became her trademark. She was always compromising her standards and intermarrying and intermingling with kings for convenience sake. She wouldn’t trust God to keep her, but she turned toward men to keep her. So they made allegiances with kings and eventually those same kings turned on them and put her under their bondage and control. She was so concerned about being politically correct. She became politically and religiously in bed with a lot of things which is the way the church is today as well.

Our desire in order to get “our” standard of righteousness mandated when you can’t legislate righteousness we find ourselves in bed, politically and religiously with people that we know that require us to compromise what we believe. This is one of the primary reasons why I had to leave the organization that I was a part of. I have nothing to say against them, but I could not continue to live a contradiction. Can you hear what I’m saying?

Real Truth About Christians and Politics
There’s been a long time, even in the name of righteousness, a great effort in the Christian community in order to try to get men in the white house. to get men in certain positions and I believe we should have the right to vote for men with righteous standards. But you need to understand you can’t legislate righteousness. You can fill up capitol hill with spirit-filled tongue-talking men and that still isn’t going to change the hearts of the man walking on the street.

The answer’s not in the white house, but in my house and in your house. We are fools to think if we are going to get in bed politically and religiously like Israel did because that’s what they did and look at how God reacted to that. They compromised, they said “We’ll have no other king.” Then the truth came out at the cross when they claimed “Jesus isn’t our king, our king is Caesar!” So, in this verse of Scripture they commit all kinds of fornication. God help us not follow the same path.

How It Applies to YOU
We all have little things with our flesh, but that’s not what this is all about. This isn’t about the activity that happens down at motel 6, but this is about what’s going on between your ears. When you’re not submitted to your husband which is Christ. Romans 7. But you’re submitted to your own soul.

Revelation 17
3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns

Oblivious to Authority Over Us
The wilderness of course was a place for passing through, not for staying. You may remember there was an element of people who were in the wilderness wandering as part of the 12 tribes and when it came time to cross over the Jordan, they chose to remain back. They agreed to send their warriors on with the rest, but they didn’t want to cross over the Jordan as a whole nation. There’s a generation of people that were rebellious and disobedient and would not hear or receive the word of the Lord or follow his glory cloud or submit to leadership.

Thousands of them died because they had this attitude, the spirit of Koreh who ran up to Moses and said “you’re not the only one who hears from God, we can hear from God also!” That spirit is still alive in the church today. And it’s not a matter of whether I’m the only one who can hear from God in this house as Moses. Understand I’m saying as a type, I’m not Moses in no means. But in type, I’m in a set ministry here, I’m certainly not comparing myself in character to the man.

Moses tried to plead with Korah and said to him “Isn’t enough that God has made you a priest in the Lord but you also want what I have? He died in the wilderness with 12,000 with their names full of blaspheme. Blaspheme isn’t just about saying “God damn” we think that is blasphemy. Or when we hear somebody in the street say “Jesus Christ!” That’s not any where near what’s going on with the people in the church who will not respond properly to God’s appointed authority.

Two’s Of Revelation
So what’s the image of the wilderness? Remember the sun-clothed woman was carried away in the wilderness, this is a contrast. The sun-clothed woman in Revelation 12 is the bride, is contrasted to this woman who is the whore. There are two women in the book of Revelation, a whore and a wife. There are two men, Christ and the antichrist. There are two graphic beasts, the Lamb and the dragon. Babylon and New Jerusalem, two cities.

So we can remain in the wilderness or die in rebellion, in our unwillingness to embrace God’s manifested glory in who he has chosen. We can raise up in our own attempts to perfect ourselves. Seven heads and ten horns, seven the number of perfection, 10, the number of commandments. Man’s ability to perfect himself through the law.

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as wool. Though they be red like crimson, they’ll be white as snow.

Winds of Revelation
It’s our attempts to cover our own unworthiness, our own self-righteousness. I feel a heaviness in this here this morning, but I’m not concerned because we have had times when we’ve been in the book of Revelation where’ve we’ve felt like shouting and rejoicing and we’ve reached up and taken hold of another rung of the ladder of revelation and we’ve been lifted up into another dimension beyond what we had been and what we had known.

But I understand to that sometimes the Word of God falls like an anvil on our hearts. And I know some of the Scriptures that we have taken the time, in fact there was a great stirring in me before this lesson I said to myself “My God, am I going to go and openly read these verses out of Ezekiel?” Maybe I should read some more to you before you go home, I have more shocking stuff than that.

Spiritual Shock Treatments
I think sometimes what we need to have happen to us is to be so stunned and shocked with a self-examination where I really begin to see the condition of my own heart. If Adam and Eve fell in the garden of Eden, a perfect environment, where does that leave you and I? “Let no man think when he stands . . . . The Bible says when a man thinks he is standing, he’s probably going to fall. Take heed when you are standing lest ye fall . . . the thing I can be deceived about the most is myself.

Justificational Measuring
We’re constantly looking in the mirror of other people instead of looking at the Word of God. I’m sitting across from you on Sunday morning and thinking to myself “I think I measure up to that” When you should be measuring up to Ephesians four which is measuring yourself up to Christ. I could bring my little boy who’s nine and he looks like me, still has his hair. He looks like me, he walks like me and talks like me, he’s my son. He has the same number of bones, the same anatomy, the only difference between us is maturity.

He doesn’t measure himself by me. Even though he’s made in my image, he doesn’t measure himself by me nor should he even measure himself by some other nine-year-old. Because there are some that are bigger than him and others that are smaller, you hear what I’m saying? Stop looking around at other people and measuring yourself, comparing yourselves among yourselves. Understand that God is going to bring you into an individual maturity where you are.

Lessons From a Bonsai Tree
You’re going to go through seasons in your life where there’s going to seem to be no growth whatsoever. You can’t see it on the surface. There’s a tree that’s very famous in the orient, that when it’s seed is planted, after several years in the ground, there is no sign of anything growing at all. Not even a sprout. The people in the orient are faithful to water this bonsai tree every day, for years nothing grows. They even have to mark where they planted it because if they didn’t they wouldn’t even know it was there at all.

The reason this is happening is because in this time of what appears on the surface to be no activity, it’s putting it’s roots down so that in the first year that it does break through the surface of the ground, it grows to 40 feet in the air, in it’s first year. Some of you are always measuring because you’re in different seasons in your life right now and I’m speaking prophetically because it’s where we’ve been at. But you don’t have any idea of the root system that he is developing in you. Before God can begin to emerge in his purpose and bear fruit of righteousness in your life, he’s got to put roots so deep into your spirit and your soul where men can’t see and you can’t even see the change.

Some of you right now are so frustrated with yourselves in your growth, or your walk and you can’t see or feel any change at all. When you look at yourself, you don’t feel like you’ve gone a foot further than where you were 3 years ago. I admonish and exhort you to understand that Scripture tells us that he first puts down roots before he brings forth his fruit upward.

Understand that just because you can’t see something changing on the surface of your life, some of you will leave this place and there will be things that are manifest out of you and you’ll say or do things off the cuff and as soon as things cool down, you’ll think “My God, I’ve been acting like that for 15 years, am I ever going to break out of this pattern?” But as long as you keep focusing on that, you’re never going to change. As long as you focus on what you’re not doing instead of who he is in you and the power of his “seed”, the incorruptible seed of the Word of God inside of you.

Spiritual Whoredom Is Not Specifically About Sex
You say “I feel like that harlot we saw earlier in Revelation, my mind runs up and down every dark alley . .” understand I’m not just talking about you having sexual thoughts, your mind can run up and down every dark alley thinking dark thoughts about people that aren’t even true. I came into church earlier this morning to worship the Lord and I had my hands up and the house was filled with his glory and praise and worship of people glorifying God, and my mind, the harlot, my mind is at enmity with God. My “spirit” is where I was born again, but my mind is still corrupted and contaminated by sin.

Committing Spiritual Adultery
Jesus said when a man commits adultery, the sin doesn’t happen when he physically follows through with it, but it says when a man “looks” upon a woman with lustful thoughts, he wasn’t just talking about a physical affair, he was talking about a spiritual principle. When I come in here, you know what my mind wants to do? It wants to run over here and over there and it wants to rendezvous with all these perverted thoughts. If I let it go to all those dark alleys in my mind, because there’s a lot of dark alleys in my mind, how about yours?

I’ll let my mind run over there and suddenly, this thought merges with that thought and I’ll lay down and wallow with that stuff and there’s a certain sensuality to carnal wisdom. It’s sensual. Don’t you hate things about yourself? But don’t you sometimes get a feeling, just a little twinge inside you when you hear of someone else experiencing a tragedy, or maybe you’re too spiritual to admit that. Or don’t you get off a little bit and think to yourself, maybe not the real you, but your mind says “yeah, I’m better than they are and they didn’t have a right to say that about me?”

And what’s that body language about?
You ever do that? You look across at somebody and they may not even be thinking about you but they’re looking right at you or through you and all the sudden they make a gesture or expression and right away you think “I wonder what he meant by that?” It may not have meant anything, but you let your mind lay down in a dark alley somewhere and because it gratifies the mind suddenly you have something running around in your head. Little Ishmaels running around in your head and you can’t get rid of them and they’re mocking you.

That’s why David said in one of the Psalms “Rid me of strange children”. Was he talking about those kids that were running around in the palace? I don’t thinks so, I think he was talking about all that stuff that was running through his mind cause he let it conceive inside of him. A wonderful thing about God’s kingdom is that you can start out in the natural being a virgin and never recover your virginity once you lost it, but in God’s kingdom, you can start out as a harlot and become a virgin.

And I rebuke that religious spirit that’s always hovering over your mind that’s always making you think “you meant to think that, it came out of your mind, that’s the real you, not this fake one you want others to see” I rebuke that religious spirit that like a snake hides under a rock and as you walk by innocently strikes at you and fills you with venom and crawls back under the rock where it came from. Let your mind become pure by the word of God and the spirit of Christ.

Word Study of
MANY WATERS
Num 24:7 He shall pour the water out of his buckets, and his seed [shall be] in many waters, and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted.
2Sa 22:17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
Psa 18:16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.
Psa 29:3 The voice of the LORD [is] upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD [is] upon many waters.
Psa 93:4 The LORD on high [is] mightier than the noise of many waters, [yea, than] the mighty waves of the sea.
Sgs 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if [a] man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
Isa 17:13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but [God] shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
Jer 51:13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, [and] the measure of thy covetousness.
Eze 19:10 Thy mother [is] like a vine in thy blood, planted by the waters: she was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
Eze 43:2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice [was] like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum