God had finished his work.
On the seventh day
he rested from all his work.
God blessed the seventh day.
He made it a Holy Day
Because on that day he rested from his work,
all the creating God had done.
This is the story of how it all started,
of Heaven and Earth when they were created.

I don't fully understand why the translators decided to begin chapter two before chapter one had fully completed the story-line. But "this" is the climax. I believe Jesus followed the same pattern in his death, burial and resurrection. It's not that he came just to die. He came to bring us resurrection life but before we could be resurrected, we first had to die. And man's death would not be sufficient to redeem man's relationship. This has been God's baby all along.

Religion is really big on emphasizing the death of the old man and that's all fine and good. But I think where many miss the point is the fact that this death can not EVER sanctify us if it's us assuming the work of a sanctified priest before we, ourselves become sanctified by a higher power. Can you see this to be true?

Ever try cleaning dishes with dirty hands? It doesn't work. Sanctification is not an act that we can accomplished through human efforts. That's why the Sabbath day was not the first day created. The Sabbath day is not a reward for those working the previous six days. It's the "culmination" of the six days. It's the entirety of being poured out, divided, separated and emptied, then being refilled with abundant life . . .fullness of life, dimensions of life. The Sabbath day is not a measurement of time, it's a person who is the SUM of all things created.

He not only puts us together, but he goes ahead of us, in preparation for assembling us together, he creates a habitat where we'll not only exist, but flourish. Where we'll become aware of who we are and why we are, and where we are IN HIM. I believe "that's" what the Sabbath is for. It's the result of what happens when a unified alignment is established. That's why Jesus stated man wasn't made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man.

We are his body, he spent 6 days in making the body and when it was finished, the body "became" one with the Head. The Head RESTS upon the body . . .think about "that" one for a while. We may find our Rest in Him, but he rests "on" us.

Remember when Jesus stated . . .foxes have dens, birds have nests, but the son of man can find no place to lay his head?? It was because his body was dismembered. She was disengaged. She HAD NO IDENTITY and darkness was all she knew . . .she was in the dark about everything godly.

You know, you could also overlay this whole creation thing with the inter-workings of what happened in Mary's womb. God whispered into her "Let there be light" and Jesus showed up.

2 Re: Chapter 2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:22 pm

cross-eyed

When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the Lord God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil. 6 Instead, springs (mist) came up from the ground and watered all the land

There was no direct sunlight. There was no rain from the heavens. That last verse just explodes for me. The very thing that brought life "to" the earth originated from "within" the earth. The kingdom of heaven does not come by observation, for behold, the kingdom of God is in you.

The kingdom of God in me is what ascends out of me, causing me to be cleansed, it WASHES the FACE of the GROUND. It's a process of purification that comes from within me. I just can't get over that!! We always want to beat ourselves up, and see ourselves in a fallen state. All we see is dry ground with nothing living, but the very element that brings life to our earth is IN our earth!

This is why we can't clean ourselves. We think using outside resources will make us clean. But the very thing that makes us clean defies all human logic. Purification is not an act of our efforts, it's a result of our submission. The earth in us must "let" the water within spring forth to purify our identity, our image of ourselves. Even "we" can't see our true "self" due to our "self" trying to make all the efforts in self-purification. Yes, the kingdom is within us, but there's no washing the face of the ground if we're too busy trying to clean it ourselves.

7 Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.

I am a spirit that lives in an earthy body. What is a soul? It's a spirit that's living in a body. A body without a spirit is just a body. A spirit without a body is just a spirit. But when a spirit is "in" a body . . .then it BECOMES a soul.

3 Re: Chapter 2 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

cross-eyed

8 Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. 9 The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The main players in verse eight; a garden; Eden; east; and he "placed" Adam in it.

This is all still within the "procession" of the Sabbath Day. The creating of man, the creating of the garden, the "relocating" of man, it all is part of the preparation for the Sabbath Day to manifest. Creating man from carnality/earth was part of the preparation for the Sabbath to come.

The garden was not the same place as Eden. As far as I'm concerned, the garden wasn't even in the same realm as Eden. It was "in" Eden, but not the same essence as Eden. Adam couldn't enter into it on his own power, God had to "place" him in it.

When Peter told Jesus he would follow him where ever he went, Jesus stated that where he was going, it would be impossible for Peter to follow . . indicating that Jesus was returning to be with his Father beyond this natural realm. It's impossible for us to enter into this place unless we are called into it. Unless we are in submission to it.

Within me/us there is the same pattern. Flesh can not enter understanding into the spirit realm. I think it can manifest there by permission, but my carnal mind can not enter into the garden of my heart and comprehend what goes on there. It can't identify with, or relate to it. The reason why I say that it "can" be there is because even in the garden, there is a serpent that entered by way of the tree of knowledge.

It's that place scripture refers to when it mentions the deep that calls to the deep. It's beneath the subconscious part of me even. It's the "absolute" of my being.

4 Re: Chapter 2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:38 pm

cross-eyed

10 A river flowed from the land of Eden, watering the garden and then dividing into four branches. 11 The first branch, called the Pishon, flowed around the entire land of Havilah, where gold is found. 12 The gold of that land is exceptionally pure; aromatic resin and onyx stone are also found there. 13 The second branch, called the Gihon, flowed around the entire land of Cush. 14 The third branch, called the Tigris, flowed east of the land of Asshur. The fourth branch is called the Euphrates.

The beloved river . . .interesting to note that it was the dew that watered the earth, but it was the river that watered the garden. Perhaps that would explain why gardens carry with them a sense of serenity. It comes from the river that flows through it. How often did Jesus begin a conversation or a message with "Peace, be still."

This garden of God is the kingdom within us. This river is the spirit of life that flows from us. These headwaters that divide . . .notice one river divides into four . . .isn't the the opposite of how rivers operate in "this" realm? The Mississippi river doesn't divide up into many rivers. Instead, many rivers pour into it to make one large river. Remember the kingdom principle, the first is last and least is greatest. The spirit realm doesn't operate within the same boundaries as the laws of the natural realm.

"One" river . . .the number one signifies sovereignty. It divides into four . . .again, dividing in the spirit is not to "take away". Spiritually, dividing is multiplying. Where there was one, now there's four. It's the breaking of bread. One becomes two; two becomes four; four becomes sixteen . . .it's the cycle of spiritual life.

I've often said that spiritual truth was never meant to be delivered to the masses. But when it's divided between individuals through relationship, it multiplies and as it reaches the masses, the integrity of the intimacy of the relationships remain intact.

So one divides/multiplies into four. Sovereignty multiplies into . .what? The number four signifies things pertaining to the earth. Scripture often refers to the "four corners" of the earth, even though the earth itself is round. The earth is the alter of God. It's where we are called into "being" one form of life and as we pass through "this" life, our "form" (identity) changes the same way natural elements change their matter as fire consumes them.

What once was wood so hard and strong, massive boats and buildings could be made by it, until fire is applied to it, leaving it in ash where a simple breeze can now pick it up and carry it away into oblivion. Our earth-experience leads every man to the same place; death. Yet when we die, we're not the same person at all, that we were when we were first born. The earth is the altar of God, the winds of truth carry us away as our old man has been transformed in the purging fire of the purity of the Father's mercy, grace and love.

For me, these headwaters where the four rivers multiply from one, "there" is where the gate of the garden lies. Where the river goes from one to four, from the garden of Eden, to Eden itself. From all things spiritual to all things natural . . .the river becomes a rivers . . plural intended. It's where Jesus manifests as that which was, is and is to come, all in the same place. But we have to actually be in the garden to comprehend that. He is the gate, yes?

Note also the fourth branch . . .the Euphrates . . .that river is mentioned in Revelation as well. It's the river that dries up. But that's a good thing. No, that's a GREAT thing. Because it's all in preparation for the KINGS OF THE EAST . .. we are priests and kings . . .our message is one of resurrection . . .that which rises from the East. The river "Euphrates" that dries up is the fruitfulness (definition of Euphrates) of the religious system. Their ability to refresh and be a success comes to an end . . .in preparation for the Kings of the East . . .those who carry the message not of the death and burial,but of the Resurrection of Christ . . .in . . .us.

5 Re: Chapter 2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm

cross-eyed

15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

The first question I would ask those who believe the garden of Eden is a place in this realm, on this earth, if that were to be true, then why did God have to "place" Adam in the garden? Why couldn't Adam just walk in and out of it at will? In fact, there's no mention that during this time, Adam ever left the garden.

Adam was placed "in" the garden, and also given authority "over" it.

6 Re: Chapter 2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 pm

cross-eyed

I know this is out of sequential order, but it's been at the forefront of my head again today . . .the passage we covered in chapter one that speaks about the spirit hovering over the face of the deep . . .I've already covered one dimension of this in the chapter 1 thread where God was actually creating an atmosphere in the earth to be one of a creative energy that immediately responded to an audible command. (Let there be light, let the waters above be divided from the waters below . . .etc.) And in the same way, "we" being created in his image have the same ability to create the atmosphere around us to be either one of life or one of death, depending on our audible commands in our own lives.

But the part that's been kind of in my ear a lot today is yet another dimension of the hovering over the face of the waters. It's what we do every time our thoughts begin pondering the things of God. We "hover" over the face, which is the identity of the deep . . .that which we've not been enlightened to yet.

We come into subjects we've not been able to put the pieces together and we "hover". It's an act connected to revelating or receiving revelation. It's not so much active studying all though that can assist us as we open ourselves up to the Spirit to reveal the mysteries. But for me, the hovering is more of an inward state that we enter into. It's more of a submissional thing . . .we're "waiting" for our eyes to be opened to the identity of whatever it is we're reading in Scripture or pondering in our thoughts.

Spiritual truth doesn't come any other way than through the revelation from God to us. His nature has ALWAYS emphasized the state of "rest". So why would the process of him revealing his nature be any different? We don't really even know what to ask for, let alone "how" to ask for it. But that's what his spirit does within us. He provokes us into thought. A question strikes us out of no where.

We act on that by going to our sources, be it the Scriptures or a concordance that leads us to scriptures, or even a dictionary. He uses the natural things in this realm to reveal the invisible things in the spirit realm. How many times does he drop a passage of Scripture in you that you've known for decades, but all of the sudden, this time it has a completely different understanding to it.

That's kind of what this "hovering over the face of the deep" does for me. Whenever I am going through scripture, like what we're doing here in Genesis, I just read until something tugs at me. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I've learned not to try to make something be there when there isn't really a tug that goes with it. It only makes matters worse when I do that.

But hovering over the face of the deep is merely waiting upon the Lord to bring clarity of understanding to things that can not be understood through natural logic and reason. The process prepares our womb to be receptive for the seed of life to be planted within us and a birthing of understanding another offspring of his nature will manifest.

7 Re: Chapter 2 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:36 pm

cross-eyed

I got distracted in the middle of my last post on the text . . .so I'm starting it up again here.

15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

The first question I would ask those who believe the garden of Eden is a place in this realm, on this earth, if that were to be true, then why did God have to "place" Adam in the garden? Why couldn't Adam just walk in and out of it at will? In fact, there's no mention that during this time, Adam ever left the garden.

Adam was placed "in" the garden, and also given authority "over" it. For me, I see this "placing" the same as God "placing" my spirit in "this" body I dwell in, and as such, it has dominion over my flesh. . .including my mind. But like the serpent, my mind is the most cunning beast in all my being and often usurps that dominion, deceiving me into thinking I'm walking in the spirit when instead I'm walking in the influence of knowledge.

When we walk in the spirit, we can FREELY eat of every other tree, of every other creation within the garden, with in the INFINITY of God's nature. But of the one tree, the one GATEWAY, God specifically states Adam was not to eat of. If you think about it, knowledge is "the" biggest part of our lives.

Knowledge is power. It enables authority. It elevates us to places of dominance. But God had already given Adam dominion. The knowledge was "in" the garden, but the garden was not made up of knowledge. It's presence in the garden was all that was required for there to be harmony and balance. If given anything more, it would immediately break the harmony of the garden.

Knowledge can never reveal God's nature to us. All it does is reveal the nakedness of man. But I'm jumping ahead of myself. So many sermons have been asking the question "why" did God put this tree in the garden in the first place. But I personally believe the kingdom requires knowledge to be present. It's not there to tempt man to sin, it's merely there because it's an intricate part of the garden itself.

So . .did Adam die that day? Well . .. the Adam that God spoke to after that moment was not the same Adam that God had placed in the garden to begin with, so yeah, I'd say Adam died that day. And of course there's the "thousand years as a day" principle where Adam lived 900+ years before he physically died . . .just short of a day. So either way you look at it, he died in that day.

8 Re: Chapter 2 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:20 pm

x141

Adam lived seventy years short of the seventh day ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum