APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape 6 - Last of the series

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape 6 - Last of the series on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

cross-eyed

“In” Christ, Predominant Nature of Paul’s Ministry
We’re going to take just a minute here to touch on something that I mentioned earlier. We’ve been studying the Mystery of Christ for you. I believe this is probably the most prominent message that Paul had to share. And as I’ve already stated and you just pardon me for repeating it, but over and over again Paul uses the phrase “In him” or “In whom” or some variation of that as I’ve found through my studying of it, about 160 times. So it has to be a dominant theme in his thinking. I don’t want to spend to much time on this, but you know that means absolutely nothing when I say that.

So in Romans 6 he speaks about the old man and I want to go into further study on what the old man is. And in Ephesians he talks about putting on the new man. There are a lot of different synonyms that Paul uses in these phrases that imply the same thing. When he talks about the hidden man of the heart, he’s talking about the spirit. The hidden man, the inner man, the heart, these are all referring to your spirit. But who is the old man? The oldest man that ever was is Adam and he’s what we’ve come to learn as the federal head of the human race.

In other words, we inherited our sin nature and our flesh nature from him. And we’ve been reborn after the spirit, and have since inherited this new nature. We’re a new creation, Paul says, after the last Adam which is Christ.

Romans 6
6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Take a Step Back and “See”
I want to explore just a little more who this old man is and see if we can illuminate any pictures from it. We’ve already identified him as being the Adam nature that is in us. Often times as we read in the Old Testament, we come across some seemingly obscure or strange stories that don’t seem to fit in with the context of the other things being recorded. And after reading it you lay your Bible down and say “what was that all about?” I want you to see that truth is very much like a tapestry. You understand what a tapestry is? If you just focus in on one portion of it, it’s impossible to see what the man or the woman who wove it intended for you to see. You have to step back and look at all of it as it is woven together.

A New Look At Old Testament Stories
That’s why you notice in the teaching that we do, we’ll find New Testament passages and we’ll parallel them to Old Testament. And if we start in the Old, we’ll parallel them to the New. And that’s very important because the “whole” covenant was given to you; the old and the new. I’ve found what I believe to be some pictures of this old man in Judges 3.

Editor’s Note
Old and new, there is a passage of Scripture that speaks to this. When I first came to it, it really helped me to understand that this new life we have, is even greater to those who understand traditional principles, but have embraced the new kingdom message. What we’ve struggled with in introducing kingdom truths, is that the mind embraces what it knows above what it does not. So when a new perspective comes in, the mind rejects it if it doesn’t clearly line up with what it knows. We’ve been through this at length.

The key here is, your knowledge about the Scripture isn’t the bad thing, it’s your stubbornness to embrace your knowledge and reject anything that doesn’t fit like “you” think it should. However, when you lay your mind down (I know, you’ve heard this over and over, just bear with me, I’m going somewhere new with it.) if you lay everything in your head down and allow Christ to do some revelating in you, reveal his true nature to your heart and not your head so much. If you do that, you will have an advantage over those that do not have the knowledge of the Scripture as much as you have because you will be able to see how the old was patterned after the new.

Matthew 13:52
Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe [which is] instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man [that is] an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure [things] new and old.

Message Translation
52He said, "Then you see how every student well-trained in God's kingdom is like the owner of a general store who can put his hands on anything you need, old or new, exactly when you need it."

New Living Translation
52 Then he added, “Every teacher of religious law who becomes a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a homeowner who brings from his storeroom new gems of truth as well as old.”
End of Note

Judges 3
12And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD strengthened Eglon the king of Moab against Israel, because they had done evil in the sight of the LORD

I think it’s interesting to say here that whenever God’s people, when he’s dealt with them and they won’t respond to him, he’ll let them come under the judgment, often times, of evil men and that’s what you’re seeing here.

13And he gathered unto him the children of Ammon and Amalek, and went and smote Israel, and possessed the city of palm trees. (That’s Jericho by the way) 14So the children of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years.

I see eighteen years to me is a picture of what it means for us not to come into perfection in every dimension which is spirit, soul, and body. 6+6+6 which is the number for the antichrist and it’s the number for man. Man was created on the 6th day. So for 18 Eglon, this king of Moab, he dominated over the children of Israel for 18 years.

15But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.

Left-handed Advantages
Ehud is one of the ten judges. Most people know who Gideon is and some of the others, Debrah, Sampson, Ehud is one of these other 10. And he’s left-handed. You may remember throughout the Bible the Benjamites were all left-handed. David was left-handed as he was a Benjamite. They even tell me, I’m not sure how much truth there is to it, but they say left-handed people are superior in intelligence, but I’ll leave that one alone. But the Benjamites were known for being left-handed and also being able to throw a stone within a hairsbreadth the Bible says. They were amazing marksmen.

So Ehud is this judge that God raises up while they were under the tyranny of the king of Moab called Eglon. Whenever you read Old Testament stories like this, you need to be looking not just as some ancient story that’s strange in it’s appearance, but you need to be looking for it’s truth. You need to understand that there’s something there that’s relevant. Truth is timeless. So many people avoid the Old Testament and they really shouldn’t because as we see how this unfolds, it has tremendous relevance to us

16But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.

When it says that he had a dagger that had two edges on it, what does that remind you of. The Word of God is what? Sharper than a two-edge sword.

17And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.

The Old Man Carries a Lot of Weight
Now I’m going to take this a little bit at a time. See when I read that, I don’t just get a picture in my mind of some man that weighed maybe an excess of 300 pounds. But I’m seeing and I want to show you here a picture of the old man. He’s heavy because he’s got a lot of flesh. The old man is a flesh man. A carnal man.

18And when he had made an end to offer the present, he sent away the people that bare the present. 19But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret errand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him. 20And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.

Now, when he said he had a message from God, was he lying? He is someone who’s raised up by God. He’s a judge or a deliverer and he’s been raised in the tribe of Benjamin. I forgot to mention to you there’s another man who was also a Benjimite and he also knew how to use a sharp two-edged sword as well. Who is that? Paul is a man of the same tribe. And he says “I have a message from God.” I believe that God wants us to get an understanding of this passage about how the old man is dealt with.

21And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:

Going for the “Belly”
Whenever we see the reference to the belly, when it says he thrust it into his belly, why would it say he did that? Why wouldn’t he have thrust it into his heart? Remember this is a very obese man, the heart would have been a much more effective and lethal target than the belly. Now I know there may be some of you that are thinking at this point “You’re really stretching this.” But I believe there is relevant truth in all of these stories, even though they may be difficult at first

If we can so anoint your eyes, if you will, with eye salve, you can begin to see the same things. So, what does he do? He thrusts it into his belly. Well, the Bible says concerning the Spirit of God that out of our what? Our “belly” shall flow rivers of living water. The belly is the part of the anatomy that Scripture uses as a picture of where my spirit is. So what does Ehud do? He takes this dagger, this two-edged sword and he thrusts it into this very fat man who had dominated Israel. This fleshy man who had dominated Israel and he thrusts it into his belly.

22And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

Editor’s Note
For those that are reading this and are also struggling with the picture that’s being painted here, before he goes into explaining about this dirt, let me expand on this as well. For one, I think your mind will do a pretty good job in painting the natural picture of what actually went down. A man sent by God approached this obese enemy and he stuck a knife in his gut so far that it disappeared and it penetrated his intestines and his bile came out as a result. If that’s pretty much how you see it, you’d be right. The Hebrew word for “dirt” there actually means feces.

If you’re struggling with the reality that there’s really a spiritual picture beneath the surface, let me remind you of another passage that learning the definitions of the words brought a profoundness to the natural story. Do you remember the word “pitch”? Where in Scripture did we find that word at? Noah’s ark. And what is pitch? It’s tar, right? It was used to seal the ark so it wouldn’t leak and take on water from the flood of the earth. And do you remember what the Hebrew word for pitch is? Atonement. As soon as you realize that, then the story of Noah’s ark takes on a whole different meaning. The fascinating thing about this is, every story in the Bible is the exact same way. It’s not about the natural, it’s everything about the spiritual. So when we see dirt coming out of an obese man, know that there’s much more to this than just the natural event that’s unfolding.
End of Edit

Adam a Literal Bag of Dirt
You understand that the old man, Adam, if you use our vernacular, he was a dirt bag. He was created out of the dust. Isn’t that a powerful picture? We’re talking about the mystery of Christ in you. We’ve talked a little bit about the mystery of iniquity as well. And so here, what I believe God wants us to see here is, there is such a penetrating of truth . .for the Word of God is quick and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword piercing even to the dividing of the soul and spirit and unto the joints and marrow . .Hebrews 4:12

Sometimes when he says it has the ability to divide asunder between the soul and spirit, how many of you are willing to acknowledge that there are many times when you don’t whether you’re action out of soulish activity or spiritual activity because the soul and the spirit are so closely intertwined. “Was that my mind or was that my heart? What that of God or was that out of me?” But the Word of God , it’s the Word of God that has the ability to penetrate so deeply into us as he thrusts this dagger into this man.

Smiting With the Stone
Again, he’s a benjamite. Remember David, what does he do? He reaches into the stream and retrieves five smooth stones, one of which he puts into a sling and he lets it go and brings down a giant and the stone hits him where? In the forehead. The stone strikes him where we need to be smitten with truth. That’s what I’ve been doing here in the last few weeks whether you know it or not. But I’ve been going after the giant that is between your ears. And I believe there’s such a truth that can be thrust into out thinking that it brings down the old man.

Then what does David do? He takes out the sword and he cuts his head off and the reason why he did that was because Goliath just stood on the other side of the mountain from them and taunted them and with his mouth, he kept the children of Israel at bay. With his mouth, he kept the children of Israel away from what he intended for them. What is it that intimidates you and keeps you, what is the giant that’s always mocking you and telling you “come on, send out your best, I’ll take them one at a time.”

Philistine = Dust
David walks up, this ruddy faced kid and he asks “is there not a cause?” “This is an uncircumcised Philistine” in other words, this man has no covenant. He’s uncircumcised and because he’s a Philistine, even though it identified him as living in the area of Philistia, look it up and you’ll find that “Philistine” means to roll in the dust. It has to do with that carnal side of us because we were made from the dust.

Adam means red dirt. I’m not making this stuff up. It’s in your Bible and that’s what God is trying to make you understand and I’m just willing to stretch you far enough to where you’ll get it. I can’t talk like this on Sunday mornings there are too many people who’d rather eat predigested food. They’d rather somebody pull them up and let them suck on your breast all morning long and they go home and they’re okay. But I’m not going to do that for you here, you need strong meat, that’s why you’re here or you wouldn’t be coming out on a mid-week service. But the dirt came out. There’s a lot more we could say about the old man but I want to keep this moving forward.

Premature Conclusions
In John 14, 15, and 16 Jesus has a great deal to say and teach about being in him. We may have covered some of these verse before, but I want to throw some out and let them permeate the ground before the planting begins.

John 14
15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Let’s just stop right there for a minute. Most people when they read that verse there, it creates an impass already and they stop right there due to the logjam in their mind. “I love the Lord but there’s no way I can keep all his commandments. Well, you don’t want to stop reading there then, you need to continue on because it is he who keeps his commandments in you and through you. I’ve already told you that the Christian life is not difficult, it’s impossible. He’s the only one that can live the life, but he has to live it in you and through you.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Holy Spirit Not Another Spirit, but “His” Spirit (Trinity Doctrine?)
Whenever Jesus is talking about the Holy Spirit, he’s not talking about another spirit other than the spirit that was residing in him at that time. I know that what I’m getting ready to do is going to open another can of worms for some of you, but for a number of years I was indoctrinated with a Trinitarian teaching. In fact I never understood what I was asked to memorize about it. That we believe in one God eternally existing in three persons namely the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. . . that’s a part of the catechism of the organization that I came up in.

To me, that didn’t make any sense. I memorized it, but it still didn’t make any sense to me though. Because the Bible says “hear oh Israel, that the Lord our God is ONE” He is ONE. Again, this is probably opening yet another can of worms, but I will tell you, you’re not going to see three distinct beings. They are one, one God, three manifestations. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Father “in Him”
That’s why earlier the disciples, when they said “would you just show us the Father Jesus? And when Jesus responded to them, he said “Have I been with you so long that you don’t know who “I” am? If you have seen me, you would have seen the Father, because the father and I are one.” Then I was fed all of this stuff, “they’re co-equal” and to me that’s just a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo. But to me, it was just the Father “in” him. I know you’re mind may be running to passages where when he was baptized or when he was hanging in the tree, I can answer those questions for you later, I can’t spend to much time there now which is why I said it’s a can of worms.

But the reason why I think this is so important to emphasize right here, when he says he’s gong to send another comforter, he didn’t mean he was sending a spirit different than the spirit that was in him then. Because when the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost and they were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, it was the same spirit that was in a singular man named Jesus. That’s why you need to be reminded again and again that he who is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

God is not somewhere way out there and you’re living here and he’s sent some other spirit to come and live in you. “Know ye not that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit?” Know you not that you are the body of Christ. What happened was he multiplied himself. Whenever he came on the day of Pentecost, he came in another form. He didn’t come as a man, he came as a spirit.

Editor’s Note
Man, that really fits in with the five loaves and two fishes. They were blessed and broken and multiplied. I knew that Jesus was blessed, broken and multiplied, but I never really looked at him in the way Randall is describing. I to have been programmed to see that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are 3 separate individuals that are “of”, or as I was taught “in agreement as” one spirit.

But I never really could understand why the Holy Spirit couldn't come until after Jesus left. If they were two separate individuals, there would have been no problem. But because the Holy Spirit “was” and “is” the Spirit of Christ, that would explain why his spirit couldn’t be poured out until after his blood was first poured out. His natural body limited his spiritual ability to permeate the entire world. It may still take some time to absorb all of that, and that’s okay to.

I would also like to take this opportunity to stretch you with another piece to the evidence of the baptism of the Spirit. The church, mainly us Pentecostals, has taken this “piece” of the kingdom and called it the whole kingdom, or the essence of the kingdom, the predominant part of this one area of the kingdom becomes the primary identity of this particular movement of people. That’s what that means when we peg ourselves as Charasmatic or Pentecostal, it’s a title that identifies us with the act or open exercising of speaking in other tongues.

And there are many different stances people build their platforms on stemming from the “speaking in tongues” in that it only means ONE thing and that is you physically speak a language that you, and everyone around you, do not know the meaning of. This, and this alone is the evidence of the baptism of the Spirit. Now, I’m not about to say that this is entirely false, but I will challenge you to consider that, like everything else in Scripture, it may have more than one dimension to it. Everything Jesus said to them was a foreign language even though he was speaking to them in their native tongue.

I believe that this “revelating” that takes place as the believer matures in their relationship in Christ, they experience a change in their language in the same manner. This isn’t just saying that I used to swear before I got saved and now I don’t. This is being transformed again “after” our transformation from sin, yes. But then many were transformed from sin, “into” a religious mind-set. But this baptism in the Spirit takes you from the surface of truth, and it submerges you into the depths of the kingdom of truth, to places that the religious mind can not grasp and will even denounce. But as a result to you, your language, your speech, the way you talk will change and you will speak about what you see “as the Spirit gives utterance.” You will see all things become new and as you profess what you see, it will come as a foreign language to others.

The reason your speech, or your language will change, is because as the Holy Spirit gives you utterance, he’s illuminating truth to your spirit that grows into your mind and then it is is relaying out of your mouth. And to those who are not yet experiencing this, what you’re saying is foreign, it’s not their native tongue. You’re saying things that they don’t understand. So, it’s not so much about your natural enablement to speak a foreign tongue, but it’s a natural manifestation of a spiritual revelation of who Jesus is to your spirit which grows and processes in your intellect and what comes out of your mouth is a whole new form of truth in Christ.
End of Edit

Multiple Comings
Let me put it to you this way with Jesus first coming, he was born in a manger, he came in the flesh. His second coming, you don’t think it’s happened yet? It happened 2,000 years ago in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost in the spirit. He came again in A.D. 70 as judgment on Israel and established a new priesthood to the earth. He’s going to come again in the flesh in his body, the church. I just said a whole lot right there in that last sentence.

John 14
18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. (comfortless means orphaned) 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

I love that! I am in the Father, you’re in me, and I’m in you. When we understand that union, then it’s really going to clear up a lot of these things that have to do with how we think. “I’m here struggling in this existence trying to be Christ-like.” No, you’re not. You’re in him and he’s in you and He’s in the Father. Colossians says in him dwells the fullness bodily.

Colossians 2
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Context in Communion

That’s powerful. Heading back to John here, let me explain something to you. We have context, we have chapter divisions, but sometimes it’s very difficult for you to understand the full implications of a chapter unless you see what led up to it. We’re going to John 15 and what started this teaching was actually when they were in the upper room. He’s already washed their feet and he begins to talk with them about his union with them. And he explains and elaborates this union.

And at this time, he experiences the Passover with them and takes the cup with wine and also a piece of bread. He tells them “take eat, this is my body which is broken and then he takes the cup and tells them this is the cup of the New Testament in my blood. It wasn’t just some kind of religious sacrament with them. I want you to understand that when he said “take, eat, this is my body, this is my blood that is shed for you” when they feed on that, when they’re ingesting, what are they doing? The life of the flesh is in the blood, right?

We need to understand that these aren’t just symbols. They “are” tangible symbols to help us get a hold of, but we need to understand that he’s trying to get them to see is their union with him. They were ingesting him. They were becoming bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh and that’s why he takes off into all these analogies about his union with them and we then come to the 15th chapter and there are a lot of common of misconceptions that even I have had over the years that I’ve even had to clear up myself.

You probably wouldn’t even want to “hear” the tapes I did on John 15, 20 years ago because I made some serious errors. “Wow! How many other errors have you made and have exposed us to . .” How many of you up-date the software of your computer every time.

John 15
1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me

Take Away = Lift Up
I want to talk just a minute about some of the common misconceptions that I have been party to and I’ve heard consistently through other teachers concerning what Jesus says here in verse 2 about every branch in him and it beareth not fruit he will take it away. I have spent much time just today looking up the meaning of many of these words. I’ve always thought and even taught that when it says that every branch that doesn’t bear fruit that he would cut us off, he’d severe us in our relationship. But the word “take away” there means to lift up. Not to cut off[/b]. This has been a passage that has been used to threaten people. “if you don’t bear fruit, God is going to cut you off!? He’s going to severe you.” Have you heard this tone when dealing in this passage?

But that’s not what that means when it says take away. It actually means to lift up. I’ve looked at that entire definition in all of it’s applications and it has nothing to do with being cut off from God, or being cast out or disqualified. If he’s talking about a vine as a metaphor to describe our union with him, then you know that a vine has a tendency to crawl on the ground if it is not lifted up.

Taketh Away = airo {ah'-ee-ro}
1) to raise up, elevate, lift up
a) to raise from the ground, take up: stones
b) to raise upwards, elevate, lift up: the hand
c) to draw up: a fish
2) to take upon one's self and carry what has been raised up, to bear

I mean if you go out in your garden in the spring time and you stake your tomato plants up don’t you? Because if you stake them, they will not lay along the ground and they begin to produce fruit, they will rot as a result of them being laid on the ground. Are you really hearing what I’m saying? They’ll have to be lifted up, another word for “resurrected” in order for them to produce fruit. If you are lifted up into your understanding of who you are in Christ and understand your union in him, then you’ll produce fruit.

[b]Earthly Rotteness

But if you’re not lifted up, if all you get is a steady diet of oppression, what is that doing? It’s keeping you in contact with the ground which is cursed. It’s keeping you in contact with the old man, it’s keeping you in contact with the source from which Adam came from and you can’t produce that fruit. That’s one major misconception we’ve got to clear up concerning our union with him.

Relating to the Women of Solomon
I’m going to take a side road for just a sec. You remember the woman in the Song of Solomon? I love the Song of Solomon because of all of it’s pictures, I think, of the wonderful romance and relationship, it’s also full of in-Christ truths by the way. But the woman in the Song of Solomon is pictured as the bride of Christ. She is restored by Solomon. In the first chapter, when Solomon discovers her, she says about herself, “Don’t look at me, I’m black and uncomely.” Condemnation, she didn’t feel worthy. It doesn’t necessarily mean she was literal black in terms of her ethnicity.

But she is black because she’d been out there in the vineyard, in her mother’s children’s vineyard, Scripture says and she states “I have been keeping other people’s vineyards and my own I have neglected, if that’s not a picture of what we do when we get people saved

Song of Solomon
4Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. 5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. 6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

Something’s Got to Give
We bring them into church and our first goal is to get them involved, get them busy real quick. Because we think that if we can get them committed in church in some way, then they’ll remain committed to God. And actually what they do in that environment in working for God, they lose touch with the God of the work. Has it ever puzzled you how it seems that someone who’s been walking with God for a long time and has been a faithful servant and all of the sudden they’ve fallen into some horrible sin and now they’re out there living a terrible lifestyle, you ever wonder why stuff like that happens?

How do people who are church people and they’re there every Sunday with their Bibles open and they’ve involved themselves with ministries and all that, and they just drop everything and quit. In most cases, they not only quit, but they seem to a complete turn around in their lifestyle of what they use to scoff at in disgust. You know why? Because they’ve neglected their own vineyard by trying to do all of those things required of them by the church that they think will make them worthy or being accepted in the eyes of God.

I personally know a lot of preachers that are right now, are drug addicts. You can look at them and say that they’ve never really had a relationship with God then. No, I’m sorry, I don’t buy that. Many of them were so consumed with this mentality in thinking that the more I do for God and work for God . ..they’re winning everybody else’s children but they’re losing their own. They’re making sure you’re okay and they’re counseling you and encouraging you yet privately in their own lives, they’re falling apart.

She was black, this woman in Solomon was burnt because of the sun. In our vernacular, she was burnt out. “Don’t look at me, I’m black from being unprotected from the rays of the sun. Why? Because in the process of working for her mother’s children, in responding to their disgust at her, she lost her covering. Her godly righteousness had been removed and she was working from the flesh and not the spirit and as a result, her flesh became blackened.

So what does he do? He brings her into the palace and begins to give a prescription of all kinds of oils and ointments that she went through in order to restore her. Isn’t that an awesome picture? What I’ve been attempting to do, more than anything else I guess is to just to get you to accept who you already are in him.

John 15
2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit

Purge = Cleanse
Okay, we’re back to John, another misconception in that passage of John 15 is when he talks about purging in verse two, it speaks of purging. And it’s been taught, including by me as well, that he prunes it, that he cuts deep into us and I’m sure that may have some application to us but the word “purge” there does not mean prune. The original word, you look it up. In fact, don’t just swallow everything I say, go home and look this stuff up, The Bible says the Burean believers were more noble because they would search the Scriptures to see if what Paul was saying was the truth. That doesn’t bother me a bit. In fact if you find something that enhances or clarifies what I’ve been teaching, I’m ready to hear it. Wisdom out to be easily entreated. But the word “purge” there actually means to cleanse.

Purge kathairo {kath-ah'-ee-ro}
1) to cleanse, of filth impurity, etc
a) to prune trees and vines from useless shoots
b) metaph. from guilt, to expiate

Editor’s Note
Okay, we have what may appear to be a difference of opinions when it comes to the meaning of this word. It does say to cleanse, but it also says to prune. So you could then try to fit either of the definitions in this passage and you’d get two different meanings. Then I saw this little phrase in the explanation of the definition. Root word taken from katharos {kath-ar-os'}. So I checked that word out and here’s the definition for that

1) clean, pure
a) physically
1) purified by fire
2) in a similitude, like a vine cleansed by pruning and so fitted to bear fruit
b) in a levitical sense
1) clean, the use of which is not forbidden, imparts no uncleanness
c) ethically
1) free from corrupt desire, from sin and guilt
2) free from every admixture of what is false, sincere genuine
3) blameless, innocent
4) unstained with the guilt of anything

In the definition of the root word, there is no indication that this was implying “to prune” after all. In which case I would then conclude that the spiritual picture he is explaining remains intact. It does not mean prune, but instead it means “purify, or cleanse”. Which then puts a whole different spin on the picture all together.
End note

2 Chapter 6 Part 2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm

cross-eyed

When you look up in your concordance, you find it looks very similar to the word “catheter”. Why would you catherize people? Because there’s a poison in them, there’s something that’s poisoning them. God’s not saying “I’m going to cut you off because you didn’t bear fruit.” No, that’s not what he was saying, he’s saying “I’m going to cleanse you.” How does he do that? By the washing of the Word. You could say that I’m trying to brain-wash you. (dry humor)

Ephesians 5
26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Editor’s Note
I threw on the following verse because it again seems to support this idea that the Holy Spirit couldn’t come until after Jesus left because it’s “his” spirit that was in him is now in me because his spirit and he are one and the same, just as he and the Father are one and the same. Here it speaks of him presenting “himself” a glorious church. I’m going to back out here because this is still forming in me yet and I don’t want to get into an area where I haven’t experienced in my own spirit fully yet. It’s there, it’s just simmering, I’ll wait for it’s maturity.

Okay, it’s at a later time now and this is what I see.
There is something there that again, like many other things we’ve come to find have been incomplete, this may also come into that same category. It’s been instilled in us that there are three beings, God being over all, his Son Jesus who has been given all authority over all, and the Holy Spirit who illuminates, who reveals the truth and light of Jesus to all of us. Three separate entities yet, they are all one in “truth”. Then you have the other extreme that went “Jesus only” and they required that if you were baptized in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that you needed to be baptized again in Jesus alone.

But it isn’t until you come “in” to the kingdom that you begin to see just how inaccurate both of those scenarios are. How about if you looked at God as you do people. There are three things that make up who I am, my body, my soul and my spirit. There are three individuals that make up God, the Father, the Son the Holy Spirit. God is the dominant source of all things, we are led by the Spirit. My Spirit is to be the head of all things in my life. God is the Father of all living things, right? My soul, the place where knowing is birthed, that would be a picture of the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 2:9-16 has a very powerful picture of this. And lastly is the body, the flesh, Scripture plainly tells us that Jesus became flesh so that flesh could become righteous. God is body, soul, and Spirit. God is Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Just as you see my body, you’ve seen me, because my body is the vessel that houses me, if you’ve seen Jesus, you’ve seen the Father, because God the Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father, they are one body. Do I not believe in the trinity? Not the same way I used to. Am I now Jesus only? No, I never was and I’m not now. I believe strongly that what I preach should be on Jesus only and not all the other stuff that becomes more of an obstacle than a key to freedom, including the law and the prophetic. But I do see now how there is one God, one Lord, one gospel and not three individual God-heads that are one in agreement, but they ARE one, they make up one as a whole. Zechariah speaks of two anointed ones standing in front of the throne continually. That again, is God. All three “is” God. Are we having fun yet?? End Note

Getting Fruity
So, as Jesus is continuing to use this analogy of the vine, this was something that was very familiar to Israel because a very important part of their agricultural life was from the physical fruit of the vine. You do know that whenever we talk about the spirit life and how we produce the nature of Christ, we’re talking about the fruit of the Spirit. As opposed to not the fruits, plural, but singular, fruit. As opposed to the “work” of the flesh. How do you produce fruit?

You don’t produce fruit by saying “I know the Bible says we’re supposed to have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness temperance, faith and self-control and all of these and we’re supposed to produce those fruits. So I’m really focusing on producing more love.” No, fruit is not something that you have to labor to produce. In fact sometimes, the more you attempt you walk in longsuffering, the more impatient you are. Because you get impatient with yourself because you’re not patient with other people. Because you try to produce it as a work, you’re trying to produce it in a manner of labor and you can’t do that, it’s a fruit. It grows of it’s own accord ““from” you because of the seed of life that’s “in you.

So how does a branch bear fruit? It bears fruit simply because it’s in an organic union with the vine. The same sap that’s in the vine, is in the branch. And it’s a flow. It’s not forced, it’s a flow. ”I know I just need to be more merciful, I really do, and I’ve been trying not to be so judgmental. And I’m really making a mental effort and commitment that I’m going to be more merciful.” And just as sure as you do that, you’ll be more judgmental than you ever were in your life.

It doesn’t happen as a result of your effort. It happens as a result of you abiding “in him”. Because it’s the flow of his life that produces those characteristics.

Abiding “In” Him
And a couple of things will happen. First of all, everybody around you will be shocked and you’ll be shocked because you’ll know that it’s not you, but it’s him “in” you. You know as well as I do that if you’re kind, it doesn’t have anything to do with you. That’s why he keeps using this word “abide”. I was standing out today in my yard and I was looking at all the trees that have lived there long before we moved there. I was looking at the trunks of those trees and out of the side of them are limbs that have been growing for years, some of which have just started to sprout this spring.

I have never in all of the times I’ve walked by them, been around them, all the trips I made past them as I got into my car, not once have I ever heard any of them straining or struggling. There’s never been any popping or creaking from a heavy burden of them growing out from the trunk. It comes as a result of being a union with the tree. The old, ugly, marred, rough bark hides the source of what produces this life. If we go all the way back to the chronology of this tree and if we saw it in it’s infancy, we’d see that it was produced from a seed.

Controlled Birthing
In the spring time you go to a garden shop and you see rows and rows of these seed packets they have there every year, and you take those seeds in your hand and sprinkle those little ugly brown, dried up seeds into the earth and on the outside of the packet, you have a picture of what that seed will look like when it matures. But if you look at the seeds in your hand and compare them to the picture on the packet, do you ever wonder . .”Wow, how in the world am I going to make this look like that?”

No, in that seed, there is everything there needed to produce what’s on the outside of that packet. What this ought to do is cause us to rest from our labor. Even so, people still have this nagging concern “if you keep preaching to people about stuff like this, they’re going to just walk away and choose to live so loose and care-free” no what I’m encouraging you to do is to “abide” in him.

How do I abide in him?
First of all, one of the most simple things that can happen is stop focusing on yourself and start focusing on him. Stop focusing on what you’re not and start focusing on him. The next time you’re tempted with thinking about yourself, don’t waste your time. The next time you start analyzing yourself as to why you felt that way or acting in that manner, don’t waste your time. I know I use this verse all the time. But Philemon 1:6 says we’re to acknowledge every good thing that is in you, in Christ.

John 15
2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

We always take off singing the song “without him, I can do nothing” Again the focus is wrong. It’s back on you instead of on him. Isn’t it interesting how our carnal nature when left to it’s own devices will always gravitate itself toward things that are negative in nature?

6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Who’s Doing the Burning?
“Ah, now there’s something that doesn’t mesh with what you just said.” Read that again, if a man abide not in me, where’s the focus now? Not in him, it’s on man. If man isn’t abiding in God, he’s in himself. But here’s the key, this next line. He is cast forth as a branch, and is withered and men gather them and cast them in the fire. My question to you here is, who is gathering them? It isn’t God, it’s man. That’s why in the body of Christ there is such an intolerance and judgmentalism whenever someone isn’t producing, you have all of these fruit inspectors so to speak, and if you’re not producing what they think you ought to produce, you become disposable to them.

They preach enough hellfire and brimstone, we’ve all done that. We have preached people right out of the church. I understand you have enough condemnation working on you without having me to give you anymore.

7If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Spiritual Supplements
Now, I will tell you that there is far too much spiritual illiteracy today. I certainly don’t want to give anybody the impression that I’m letting anyone off the hook as it relates to your personal responsibility. I’m nothing more than a supplement. I haven’t eaten much of anything at all today and I took some supplements before coming tonight so that I would have enough energy to last through the meeting. But I can’t live on those supplements. I need to eventually eat food that will nourish me.

It’s the same thing here, I can’t sustain your relationship with God, I’m just a supplement, I’m a substitute. His spirit has to abide in you. There’s far too much spiritual illiteracy. But don’t let the enemy use this Scripture against you and think to yourself “If this is going to work, then I have to become this tenacious student of the Word of God.” And you can become obsessed with studying the Word of God and still not have his Word abiding in you. Because his words are Spirit and life. The letter kills but the spirit gives life.

No Need to Force-Feed Yourself
But the same token that also doesn’t mean that you’re exempt and you don’t have to spend time in the Word of God at all. I shock some people when I tell them, I’ve been places and I open up my Bible, I love to do this for the shock value, but I open up my Bible and I say “let’s all open our Bibles” to whatever passage it is and then I say “You know I haven’t opened my Bible in about 2 weeks.” And I get the response like I’ve gotten from some of you. I’m not against devotional reading and plans and all of that kind of stuff, but this is not, as far as I’m concerned, just a discipline.

“You mean you’re a Pastor and a teacher of the Word and you don’t study the Bible everyday?” No, I don’t. And the reason I don’t is because I’ve learned a long time ago that there are times when I can sit down and if the Holy Spirit isn’t enlightening me, if the Holy Spirit isn’t leading me into the truth, then it’s just black letters on a white page. I think that’s why a lot of people get discouraged from reading the Bible. It’s like forced feeding. But I will tell you that even though that has happened a lot, tomorrow, the Holy Spirit may overshadow me and I may sit there for 3 hours and never once get up out of my chair.

But he’s feeding me and revealing me and the Word that I get that way will “abide” in me because I’m not getting it through some synthetic manner or through some systematic reading program. Seriously, how many of you have become weary with some of the systematic Bible reading programs? “this is my new years resolution, I’m going to read the Bible from cover to cover” and you make it about 2 months if you make it that long. Or if you don’t make it in 2 months, you get to the numbers in Deuteronomy or Leviticus, you decide to skip over that and get a few months ahead, but once you do that, you forget what month you’re supposed to be in or what passage and you give up all together.

I want the Word to ABIDE in me. I don’t abide in the word just because I’m reading it either. Because He is the Word made flesh. Sometimes, all the Holy Spirit wants to do is to bring a Scripture to your remembrance, you ever have that happen to you? The Holy Spirit just drops one verse of Scripture into your mind and it echoes in your head all day long, just that one verse of Scripture. He’s engrafting his Word into is what’s happening. So much so that it becomes the very part of tissue of your soul.

He’s Working “Through” You as He’s “In” You
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. That’s another one that gets greatly abused. Everybody uses this with the thinking “oh, I have this great promise from him and now I can ask him anything!” What happens here, you know when the Bible says that Jesus ever lives to make intercession for you in Hebrews 7:25? That doesn’t mean that Jesus is way off on some other planet praying on your behalf.

No he prays “through” you and if I abide in him, then I won’t have to wonder what to pray about because the one who knows what to pray and always gets his prayers answered, prays through me. Like in Matthew 6 where Jesus is talking about prayer. He says, “the Father knows what you have need of before you ask” that passage of Scripture for many, many years, really frustrated me. Then he goes on to say “ask and you shall receive, seek, and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

I was talking to another Pastor this week and this is not to be self-grandizing, but he wanted to know how it was that I had so much of the Word of God memorized. And my Dad had just walked into the room and I said “I’ll tell you why. I didn’t just set down in a room somewhere with just me and my Bible and memorize Scriptures. From the time when I was a small child, I’d set on the front pew in church and my Dad would typically quote 50 to 60 Scriptures every time he’d preach. He’d quote them, he didn’t read them from his Bible because he seldom used one.

“Knowing” Comes By “Using”
So I sat there from a small child, growing up into a young man, when my Dad would announce his text, it became so programmed into me, I heard it so much, until I “couldn’t” forget it. I’m getting off-track here a little bit, but I believe in the need for you to memorize, but memorizing in and of itself isn’t what’s going to do it. There are certain things that I know not because I sat down and memorized them. The reason why I know them is because I’ve used them so much.

There are certain things in your everyday life, you don’t whisper to yourself, “I’ve got to memorize that, I’ve got to memorize that, up turns the lights on, down turns them off.” No, you’ve done it so much, it becomes a part of you. I can’t forget it if I wanted to. That’s why when I get into some mental funky situation and I’m not doing good, I get people who know the Bible come to me and come to me and try to encourage me by quoting a passage, it’s not a good thing because I’ll finish the thing back to them. Just knowing the bible isn’t abiding in it.

Why Should I Even Pray?
So when he says in Matthew 6 that he knows what I have need of even before I pray it, then why should I pray? The real goal in prayer is not that you get an answer from God, but that you get to know God. That’s really what the purpose for prayer is. It’s for you to experience your union with him and the other purpose is for his will to be released in the earth through you. He can do whatever he wants to do, but he chooses to do his will through you. That’s why he says, “pray thy kingdom come they will be done in earth as it is in heaven. The will of God is already done in heaven, it’s just not done on the earth yet.

The Word of God is forever settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89) it’s just not settled over the earth yet and the way it gets settled on the earth, and that doesn’t just mean the planet with nations, but it means the earth that you live in, the way the Word of God gets settled over the earth is when you in union and fellowship and intimacy with him, he begins to prompt you, and then through your will, he gets his will done as you begin praying his heart.

So when I pray, I often will just say “Lord, I don’t want to waste your time, what is it that really is the issue, because I get wore out after praying to you for two hours and you won’t stay on the subject.” Okay, that may sound a little trite, but I want to tell you, that kind of praying will truly wear you out. It’s like you’re wrestling with God. Like Jacob wrestling. “Lord you know my financial situation and you know how my children are and you know I’m not feeling all that great, Lord . . .” and the heavens are brass because sometimes what you think is the issue isn’t the issue at all.

“Well, there’s a problem and I’m praying about it . .” you’re not supposed to be praying problems. A lot of people think that because they’re “thinking” about things that they’re praying. I’ve asked people you know, when they come up to me and describe a problem and they’ve been worrying and such and I’ll ask “well, have you prayed about it?” and they say yeah, and sometimes I’ll stop them and say “No you haven’t. You’ve been worrying about it and thinking about it and because you’ve been thinking about it, you think that you’ve been praying about it. You don’t pray problems, you pray answers. What’s this have to do with being in Christ? I’m giving you some practical application of what it means for the life of Christ to flow out of you.

John 18
8Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

What is a Disciple?
What is a disciple? Someone who follows Jesus? No, there are a lot of people who follow Jesus but are not disciples. A disciple is someone who learns. A disciple is a student. Not a professional student, but someone who learns. But when did he finally mention that? Now get this because it’s really good!! You don’t become a disciple of the Lord in order to be in union with him. You’re in union with him and that makes you a disciple.

9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

And for everybody right there, they say “yeah, that’s the problem though, I can’t keep his commandments. Well, 1 John 5 says that his commandments are not grievous

James 5
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Grievous =
1) heavy in weight
2) metaph.
a) burdensome
b) severe, stern
c) weighty
1) of great moment
d) violent, cruel, unsparing

So anything that causes you grief or if you find that there’s anything that causes you to feel like you’ve fallen short to measuring up, just know, you’re imposing upon yourself.

John 15
11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

No Need to Try to “Be” Like Him, He’s “in” You.
So, there’s a lot more to be examined in this 15th chapter between the vine and the branch, but I wanted to make sure you understand that this has to do with the flow of his life and not something that you force through self-discipline and something you try to produce. I think many of you that have people you admire a great deal, who are people of Christian character and they reflect what you think is the ideal Christian, if you thought long enough you’d realize that some of those images you have of those people, are people that have the ability through self-will just to discipline themselves in certain areas. They’re really disciplined people. But you’re missing the whole point.

There are people who have certain abilities that I admire. As we all look at certain people, whether it has to do with Christian character or not, but there are certain people that have the ability to play a musical instrument and you admire that. And you think to yourself, “boy, I’d love to be able to do that.” If that person could live in you, then you could do that.

I’m a Garment
That’s why young children will focus on an athlete and they will emulate every move because they want to “be” like that. The wonderful thing about is I don’t have to try to “be” like that. That, that I want to try to “be” like, is in me. That’s why in Judges it says that God clothed himself with Gideon” I like that. God literally took Gideon and put him on just as you put on your clothes on before you came here. He “clothed” himself with Gideon. And that’s what I want him to do, I want him to clothe himself in me. I’m in him and he’s in me and he’s in the Father. And my life is hid . . .with Christ . . .in God.

When you really start comprehending that, there’s nothing that will ever intimidate you and cause you to feel insecure again about God’s purpose for your life. “Oh you foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you that which has begun in the spirit, must be complete in the flesh. (Galatians 3) We have said this so many different ways until there’s probably no more ways to say it. We’ve talked before about the ark of the covenant, this box that has cherubim on top of it beyond the veil in the tabernacle of Moses where God manifests.

Dead, Fruitless sticks
The ark of the covenant, this 3 foot by 4 foot box that contains the 10 commandments, and Aarons rod that budded, I think “that’s” interesting. Aaron was validated by God, his ministry was made clear that he was the one chosen by God as a priest. God told Moses to have everyone bring their rod, all the leaders of the 12 tribes. A dead stick. A stick that had been cut off from it’s life-source somewhere. And they all came and laid their rod, these dead sticks, at the door of the tabernacle.

They came back in the morning and Aaron’s rod had budded and produced almonds. If I can get you to abide enough in this truth in the presence of God, you will also produce the fruit that he’s talking about here. But the ark, when it was fashioned, he told him to make it of wood, and then it was overlaid with gold. Cover it on the outside and overlay it on the inside. If you took a band-saw and cut it in half, you would see a layer of gold, then a layer of wood, and then another layer of Gold. What’s that supposed to be about? It’s another picture of you being in Christ. Wood all through Scripture speaks of our humanity. Isaiah says that he would be like a tender branch that would grow up out of dry ground. I am the vine you are the branches.

Illuminating Lamp Stand
When Jesus talks about the vine and the branches, it’s very much in line with the lampstand in the tabernacle. This means of illuminating the second court of the tabernacle of Moses. During the feast of lights, Honnaka they have a manora or a lamp stand that’s spoken of in Exodus. It has a central shaft into which they pour the oil. The central shaft feeds the oil into the three wicks on either side it. I am the vine, you are the branches . . without that central shaft, there are six branches and the central shaft made the seventh.

He is the Source of Who We Are
As they poured oil into the central shaft, the oil poured out into those branches and that was the source of their illumination. The lampstand itself is a huge study because it had ornaments on it, buds, knops, and bowls. I don’t have enough time to speak on all of it, but all of those speak of and reflect the fruit of the spirit. But they all come out of their union with the central shaft. I am the vine, you are the branches. Your ability to produce, you are a light.

In John 15 he says I am the true vine . . in another place in John he says I am the true light . . he’s the source. He’s the fuel. He’s the sap. That’s what produces it. The thing I love about this lamp stand is that it says that it’s made of one beaten work. This is a supernatural thing. It’s one solid piece. The craftsman that physically made it didn’t take some gold and form a central shaft and then take some other pieces of gold and make some branches and then fuse them all together. No, it was made of one beaten work.

So they took a single piece of gold and in a miraculous thing, the branches began to take shape and form from the sides of it. It was out of his suffering and his beating that we came. It was out of side that they opened up and blood and water poured out. You know you can give yourself a break and realize that you don’t have to suffer anymore to be like Christ. I’m not saying your not going to ever experience suffering, but I will tell you that you’re not going to experience any more self-imposed suffering. Through his beating and his suffering, that produces your union with him. It was one beaten work.

I believe the spirit of these truths is in you. And that’s the real goal. It’s not just information, but it’s impartation. I wish I could remember all of that . .. look, he’ll bring to your remembrance whatever you need for that moment. It’ll be there. Now, if you haven’t been exposed to it, then don’t think that he’s going to bring it to your remembrance. Because in order for him to remind you of it, you have to have heard it first.

I Didn’t Know That I Already Knew
I want to encourage you and inform you . .I had a guy come up to me just the other day and he’s from California and he’d been listening to our Revelation tapes. And he said his job has him on the road all of the time so as he drives he keeps those tapes in which you need a job like that to hear all of “those” tapes. And he just walked up in here last week and he said, ‘the thing that is so powerful about it, when I hear you talking about the revelation of Jesus Christ, it’s almost as if even though I didn’t know it before I heard you teach it, that I did know it.” And I said, “You’re exactly right. Truth doesn’t speak from outside of you, it speaks from within you. You just didn’t know that you knew it.”

Paul says that Christ has been made “wisdom” unto you. Everything that is contained in this book, already is in your spirit. Do you believe that? “No, I’m not sure I can accept that” Well, what is this book? It’s Him, it’s a revelation of him. Hebrews says he is in the “volume of the book”. I can find him in every chapter, he’s there. He is the word made flesh, john says. If Christ is in you and that’s the hope of glory, the Bible is in you. And what happens is, when you hear this Word, it speaks from within you. Out of your bellies shall flow rivers of living water, this spake he of the spirit.

Psa 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book [it is] written of me,

Hbr 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

So it’s there, all we’re doing is uncapping the wells, we’re opening the wells. We’re helping you to awaken unto righteousness and to bring you into a Christ consciousness. And it causes your awareness to become alert as it awakens you to his presence in your life.

Editor’s Note
This is the end of the series. But before I quit, I’d like to throw this passage out beings that he just went over the articles in the tabernacle and spoke of the connection they have between us and Christ. Zechariah 4 takes this to the next level when dealing with the tabernacle and ministries.

Zechariah 4
1And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: 3And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof. 4So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?

5Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 6Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 7Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 9The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

11Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? 12And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

I truly believe this is the finished works of the bride who’s come to fully identify herself in Christ. The ark that Moses built had a lot of requirements and responsibilities of the priests. But here in this passage, you have the same activity, the lampstand is still there, the oil is still flowing into it, the fire is still illuminating, but there is no more a requirement for the priests to “work” to maintain the functioning of the tabernacle. This is as Jesus said in Matthew 24, as it was in the days of Noah (rest) so shall it be in the time of the coming of the Son of Man. We are now entering into the day of resting in the Lord.

This isn’t to say the activity of ministry will stop, it’s to say that we no longer operate from a “works-based” mindset. We are in a position of rest. The activity still gets accomplished, but not from us physically, or even emotionally maintaining the ministries. Instead of working up programs and assignments that we’ve created for ourselves according to our standards of how “church” should operate, we just function in the “finished-work” already established by Christ. This position is for those who seek it. Revelation comes to those who are looking for the spiritual benefit to the written word. It’s all from the same source, the same promise, the same truth.

Matthew 13
11-15He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it. I don't want Isaiah's forecast repeated all over again:

Your ears are open but you don't hear a thing. Your eyes are awake but you don't see a thing.
The people are blockheads! They stick their fingers in their ears so they won't have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut so they won't have to look, so they won't have to deal with me face-
to-face and let me heal them

End of Edit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum