APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twenty Four

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Twenty Four on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

cross-eyed

Revelation 16
1And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to
the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. 2And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. 3And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. 4And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. 8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. 10And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, not of their deeds. 12And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Keep Your Perspective on the Purpose of the Message
There’s certainly not time for us, every time we gather, to rehash ground already covered on the particular approach that we’re taking to the book of Revelation. We have made it clear almost every time that we have turned to this book in the study, that we are seeking for a revelation of Jesus Christ. Not for some of the bazaar and fanciful ideas that have been spawned in the minds of men to a sensational-seeking society that is looking for all kinds of atomic and cataclysmic events, we’re looking for Jesus. For John states that this is a Revelation of Jesus Christ.

What it Meant to Them, is Key to What it Means To Us
In the chapter that we’re in together now, we have been introduced to the seven viles or bowls as they are called in some translations. And we’ve noted that there is a progression beginning with the seven seals, then the seven trumpets, and now we have the pouring out of seven bowls. Let me remind you, I know you tire of this I’m sure, but we must first understand the original context. If we don’t understand contextually what something says in Scripture then we have a pretext. Which is a breeding ground for presumption concerning what passages really mean.

So this letter, this revelation was written to seven churches in Asia minor. It had “relevance” to them in the first century. We must seek first for the relevance for which it had to them before we can ever expand on it and understand what it means to us today. I know I’ve repeated this time and time again, but I think it’s so important that we never lose sight of that, it’s one of the biggest keys to staying true to the accuracy of the entire book.

I just discussed with you the progression of sevens. Seven seals, seven trumpets and now seven bowls that are being poured out and we come now to the sixth of the seven. I think it’s very important that we see that this would certainly require a great and in-depth consideration for you. For you to take each one of those sevens, and see the similarities that exists between them. You’ll see that what John is doing, he is expressing the same truth in many different ways.

Sometimes we forget that the Bible is not always written in a chronological order. And sometimes we fail to see that there are many images sometimes that are given to us that are expressing one singular thing. Our confusion comes when we don’t understand the method that God chooses to teach, and impart a spiritual truth. These seven bowls find their origination in the tabernacle of Moses at the table of showbread which is in the holy place that we’ve also discussed in different dimensions that this part of the tabernacle is also the second dimension.

Editor’s Note
When reading the four Gospels, we find Jesus often would teach on the kingdom of God, but it wasn’t in chronological order. In Matthew 13, for example, Jesus opens up with that very phrase “The kingdom of heaven is like . . .” And all through the rest of that chapter, he used different analogies explaining the kingdom of heaven. A mustard seed, (13:31); Leaven, (:33); a treasure in a field (:44); a merchant seeking goodly pearl, (:45); on and on. But it wasn’t a picture of a timetable, but a picture of the realm of God. It’s the same in Revelation. We’ve turned it into a prophetic timetable of unfulfilled events, but the truth is, it’s a compilation of analogies depicting Christ, which is why it’s important to understand, it’s “a” revelation of Jesus, not many revelations.
End Note

Significance of a Bowl
Those bowls that were there, were used for the purpose what we do in communion for the pouring out what we refer to as the libation offering. Whenever the priest would partake of the showbread every seven days they would also drink of that cup our pour out that cup of wine upon the sacrificial animal whenever it was being consumed. Now we’ve already given you the historical picture and shown you that what we are deep into here in these last few chapters, is the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD because of their apostasy.

Libation- lie-bay’-shun
1 a : an act of pouring a liquid as a sacrifice (as to a deity) b : a liquid (as wine) used in a libation
2 a : an act or instance of drinking often ceremoniously b : BEVERAGE; especially : a drink containing alcohol

Historical Application
Jerusalem, as was all of Israel, is on fire, as would an animal burning in an altar of sacrifice. When God looks at this whole scenario that is unfolding in 70 AD. Which is one generation after men stood up as Jesus was brought before them by Pilate and cried out “his blood be upon us and on our children.” I know I’ve made that a redundant point as well but it’s so very important that you get this deeply rooted in your hearts and minds so that you can understand what’s transpiring here.

So God is pouring out his blood, but in this case, it is not bringing reconciliation, but it’s brining a curse. Because they called out the curse they called out on themselves when they rejected Christ as I just referred to. Either we drink the blood of the covenant in communion and embrace and accept the effects of the blood. Or we reject it, but when we reject it, it becomes not a cure but a curse.

Israel “Became” the Burning Sacrifice
That’s what we’re seeing in this pouring out. That’s the image portrayed in the tabernacle of Moses, this pouring out of the blood out upon the libation offering whose body is burning in sacrificial fire. This body is burning and is consumed in sacrificial fire. And when God looks at Jerusalem, under his judgment, that is burning on fire because of the invasion of Titus, the Roman general sent by Vespation, the Roman Emperor, so he is pouring out his blood on that city, just like it is a sacrifice on fire. You hear the word “holocaust” which is used in reference of what happened to the Jewish people just a little over a decade ago. Understand that word is not a contemporary term. The word “holocaust” is the Hebrew word for burnt offering. God set it on fire.

Holocaust:
1 : a sacrifice consumed by fire 2 : a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire

Angels Symbolizing Apostolic Voices to the Church
I don’t want to spend to much time with that image, but I think it’s important that you see this. How many angels or messengers are there pouring out? And keep in mind these are not meant to be taken as winged beings as we refer to angels of our understanding, but simply that it means messenger. If we follow the continuity of images in Revelation that it’s clear that these undoubtedly apostolic ministry-men with a message. They carry, they convey a message. The angels that were in the second and third chapter that were overseeing the seven churches were not winged beings but were the pastoral oversight of those churches.

So here we have the apostolic ministries, because the word “angel” and “Apostle” in the Greek is very similar even in it’s formation, that’s the root system of the word. “Angelos” (bear with me through this, I need to lay a little foundation and I promise I will shift gears and we’ll all have our mouths drop, but for now, hang in there as I get through this.) These angels, seven of them, whenever we begin to see the seven spirits of God before the throne and the seven eyes on the lamb and all the other dimension of seven that we’ve considered so far and how we said this reaches all the way back to the creation day principle of Genesis one and two.

Deconstruction
In fact if you take the time and look at this closely you’re going to find out that what we have here in these chapters that we’ve been studying so far is a “de-creation”. God recreated the earth in the seven days of Genesis, but now he’s “de-creating” it so that he is going to come out in the chapters in the rest of the book and begin “recreating” it and give us a new world. But the new world is not “coming” it’s already here. The New Jerusalem – and when I get there, we’re going to have some fun.- How many of you have already got a glimpse of the New Jerusalem? We’ll show it to you, in fact I’ll take you on a guided tour of it in the next few weeks. We’re going to go through the New Jerusalem and see what it was really all about.

Programming Announcment
For and example of what I’m talking about, the 4th angel in verse eight when he pours his vile out upon the sun the power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. It’s not by coincidence that it was on the 4th day of Genesis chapter one that the sun was created and we talked about the implications there of the sun and it’s scorching. This is not talking about the literal scorching of men during a tribulation period of a natural 7 years.

I’m not meaning to tease or taunt with these things, but as the Lord gives us liberty, in the next few weeks, I’m going to deal with a concept that is a very fundamental concept in dispensational teaching concerning Daniel’s 70th week. If you’re not familiar with this area of Scripture, considered yourself a blessed person because the teaching on it has always been tainted due to the inability to see with spiritual eyes as opposed to natural understanding, which is what the reality is of most churches that teach on this stuff.

In Daniel chapter 9 you’ll find the reference to this topic of the 70 weeks this is the source dispensationalists try to gather up an understanding concerning 7 years of tribulation which transpire after the catching away of the church. The only problem with that is, is that there is gross misinterpretation of what is happening in Daniel nine concerning who the prince is. So again, I’m not trying to tease you that kind of thing, but when I announce we’re going to be dealing with Daniel’s 70th week, you’re going to want to make sure you’re hear.

This is one of those areas where it will bring your attention front and center, just like what we did when we preached on the rapture in that we’re not going but he’s coming, you can unpack your bags. It’s not “thy kingdom go” it’s “thy kingdom come.” The pattern set for Matthew 24 (see I’m already going that way) has nothing to do with us being taken out here but instead the wicked being taken. “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.” And the earth is “our” inheritance (natural), we’re not leaving this for the devil and his crowd, the earth is the Lord’s.

When we deal with Daniel’s 70th week, I’m going to dismantle totally, the myth that has been spawned out of that. And keep in mind, this isn’t something that I haven’t just discovered. I’ve “uncovered” it, it’s not something that was forged in my own thinking. I’ve made very serious attempts these last few weeks to show you the validity of what we’re teaching historically. Not only historically in terms of what the Scripture says in history, but also very strong attempts to touch on the secular accounts of history and how they line up with the Scriptural ones.

12And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Greatest Darkness
I’m sure by now you have changed some of your doctrinal boundaries as to what you perceived to be truth may have been more doctrine or theory, than fact or truth. But as we progress into this, let me encourage you to keep an open mind. Remember when I touched on earlier concerning the darkness that fell in the fifth angel pouring out his vile. The greatest darkness in the world is not darkness manifested out in the world of the occult or in the realm of perversion, but the greatest darkness in the world exists in the minds of religious men.

Jesus said very poignantly, that the greatest darkness that he’d ever seen is when the light within you becomes darkness, that which has been revealed to you in part that has only brought partial illumination to you, can actually become a greater form of darkness than any other form. Why? Why is that a concern? Because those with only partial but claim they have the whole

Fear Over Faith?
So many ask the question “how is it that you’ve come to embrace these things that so many who are traditional in their doctrines reject?” My answer is very simple, because I have had such hunger and passion for truth and I’ve let my mind remain open and have not been fearful that . .. see many of you are more afraid of the devil’s ability to deceive you than you have faith in God’s ability to bring revelation. And that’s why the traditions of men have made the word of God of no affect. Jesus said “you have heard it said, but I say. . .” and who is it that you have heard it said from?

By those who were the custodians of Scripture, the Old Testament Scholars, those who had been given the responsibility copying the Word of God and keeping it in it’s purity, but in their pride and the passing of years they had tainted and tampered with the purity of the revelation of the word so much so that they didn’t even recognize the Word teaching the Word. It is very possible for men to not even recognize or even understand Jesus who was the Word teaching the Word, they don’t even know that it’s him even while they teach the laws that were the shadows of him.

Is it possible that what you’ve been taught is error? You know the Bible says that Apollos was a man mighty in the Scriptures, but even he was taken aside by Aquilla and Priscilla and had explained to him a more perfect way. There are men that you and I know, because they have the ability to quote reams of Scripture and because they seem to teach more powerfully that the question raises within you “Why is it then that what they teach doesn’t agree what we’re hearing right now” Just because they are mighty in Scripture doesn’t mean they have the total of truth. It’s not so much they’re in error as it is they may have incomplete information. Remember what I just stated earlier about the worst darkness being connected to those who have only the partial truth?

Editor’s Note
The other key to this is what we dealt with earlier with Peter’s revelation of Jesus being the Messiah, yet was rebuked in the next breath. Not because he was being aggressive in nature, but because he was still acting from a natural mindset defending Christ. He couldn’t get past the death and burial to see the resurrection and for that reason, Jesus not only rebuked him, but addressed him as Satan. This is something the mainline churches must mature into seeing for themselves before they can break away from the religious hold that they’ve been held down in for all these years. Natural understanding creates limitations on what God can reveal to all of us.
End of Note

Natural Angel Over a Natural River?
Okay, verse 12 speaks of an angel pouring his bowl into the Euphrates river. Do you think John is seeing in this panoramic vision on the Isle of Patmos, a winged creature carrying a natural bowl and he hovers over the physical Euphrates River and still claim this is a spiritual sign or symbol? No, you can’t. If you think he’s literally hovering over “The” Euphrates river, you’ve just left the spiritual and crossed over into the natural. As a result, you’ll miss the entire message of this all together. Keep it in it’s original context. It’s a revelation of Jesus Christ. It’s a book of signs and symbols. It’s using natural images to reveal spiritual truths.

Ezekiel Holds Many Related Pictures
How then are we to understand what the Euphrates river is supposed to symbolize? Go back in Scripture where it’s originally mentioned and let the Bible interpret it’s meaning for you. There are no less than 130 references in Revelation that come from the book of Ezekiel. I don’t know how powerful you see that point is, but it becomes painfully clear that it is very difficult to grasp the truths or understand the images of Revelation if you’ve never read through Ezekiel.

We’ve already pointed out as well that all of these plagues that we see here being poured out of these bowls that they have a direct parallel with the plagues in Exodus chapters 7 through 9. Why do we want to make things hard? Why do we want to try to find something in our contemporary frame of reference, and say “well that’s what that plague is, what’s happening right now.” Let the word of God say what it says. Every one of those plagues that fell out on Egypt can be found in one of these bowls that we’re seeing here.

Jumping Dimensions
So what was it that he saw when he saw the sixth angel. Let me shift dimensions on you for a minute and look at this prophetically speaking, this is the sixth angel which is parallel to the sixth day of creation. Remember in Peter’s writing that we’ve commented so much about that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years, right? Understanding that when dealing with “the day of the Lord” you are looking at the natural from a prophetical, or spiritual perspective.

2Pe 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psa 90:4
For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night

Understand that what Peter’s trying to get us to see here and have insight into, is that if we are now six days, or, six thousand years . . . see God doesn’t live in time like you and I, he doesn’t live in 24 hour cycles as you and I do right? So when we see him says things like this he’s trying to help us somehow reach out in our finite abilities and get us to see things in God’s perspective. That he is “infinite”. If we are six days removed from creation, or six thousand years, we must then be in that prophetic sixth day. Or the time which there is going to be a message heralded by an angel, by a messenger from God by an apostolic ministry as we’re seeing here with this sixth angel.

Spiritual Euphrates River
And when he pours out his message, his revelation, then what’s going to happen? The river Euphrates is going to dry up. What’s the relevance? The Euphrates river, you can find it’s headwaters in the book of Genesis, remember? Whenever God created the garden of Eden, out of it flowed 4 rivers, one of which was the Euphrates. These four rivers flowed from one river that was “in” the garden, but then split into these four and went on to water the whole earth.

In it’s origin, it was meant to be a refreshing, life-giving, pure river. It’s name in Hebrew means fruitfulness. It’s currently the longest, as well as the largest river in Asia as it dumps into the Persian Gulf. Not only was it a form of life-source, but it was also used by God as a boundary marker for the promised land. A lot can be said about that as well. In fact, almost all references to the Euphrates, are references connected to boundaries. The next reference you have to the Euphrates river is where men began to build upon it floodgates in Babylon. They build the city of Babylon, the city with double walls which they could ride chariots around, several off them side by side because these walls were so wide. A city with Nebuchadnezzar, remember? This city in which the people of God were taken into bondage.

This city whose origin began with men uniting themselves together to create a tower, but instead became a city known as the confusion of tongues. We’ve assumed that has only to do with the natural understanding of literal cities of the earth speaking different dialics and languages “first the natural, then the spiritual”. I’m going to tell you the most confused place on the planet right now, the most confused place of tongues is in the church houses all over this city. Where the church is speaking different languages, and I’m not talking “Holy Ghost inspired” either. Because there’s where men build towers, build places to project their own agenda, their own name, their own ideals. They’re not building the kingdom of God.

Who is the Builder?
That’s why Jesus said “I will build my church.” He doesn’t need men and personalities, men with charismatic ability to build his church that build nothing but towers that reach into the heavens and produce a name for themselves rather than a name for the king of kings and Lord of Lords. Babylon was built with floodgates on this great river by which they controlled it. . Babylon is a type of religious system. Eventually in the book of Revelation, Jerusalem is called Babylon.

Historical and Spiritual Babylon
Babylon, Egypt and Sodom become synonyms for Jerusalem. Over and over we have seen this in Scripture. Am I just speaking about an Apostate Israel? Historically, yes. But in a contemporary sense I’m speaking about a church who has had truth, but in her adulterous and apostasizing ways, her compromising ways who wouldn’t preach or speak the prophetic Word of God but instead became adulterous. I’m sorry if this offends anyone but just because people are charismatic and Pentecostal in their congregations, doesn’t mean that they can not become apostates and adulterers who have spiritually intermarried with other doctrines and beliefs in order to appease and please the masses of people.

Why Does The Euphrates Dry Up?
And that’s exactly what apostate Israel did, they committed adultery with Rome so that their own agenda would be perpetuated. Why is it that the river Euphrates has to be dried up? You may remember from your Old Testament history, that the way that Babylon was defeated, this is in the book of Isaiah, that Cyrus, this Persian king goes in and dams the Euphrates up-stream from Babylon, which then drops the level of the river and the armies were then able to walk under the steal gates that hung our over the water as it entered through the man-made tunnels that led into the city.

That’s historically a picture of what happened when the Euphrates is being referred to as being dried up. But looking at it prophetically now, and understand with me that religious systems . . . please understand this isn’t a narrow-minded attack against the religious systems of our day because by the grace of God we’d all be in that same confusion, playing the political games and pandering to the people. But by the grace of God you understand that I’ve had to make a decision a long time ago that I would rather have the prophetic word of God than be popular with men. I would rather say what God is saying, without fear or favor to anyone and know that men may not like it but I know that I’m not standing before you, I’m standing before God almighty.

But God is letting the Euphrates, which is this mighty river that is flowing out of the religious system, he is drying it up. Religion is dying on the vine. Religious systems are dying, denominations that are steeped in political gain are drying up. I’m not speaking from hear-say, I know this for a fact. There are people filtering out from all of these places where there’s a dryness in these churches where God is drying up the flow where these churches have tried to control.

Anointing VS Charisma
There’s such little discernment in the body of Christ these days until they don’t have the ability to discern that which is the ability of the anointing and that which is just natural charisma. And most of what is charismatic and Pentecostal in that category today has really no sense of anointing at all. They have learned how to condition the people to get certain responses out of them. But God is going to let the Euphrates dry up. That is not meant to be hard or mean or anything of the kind. But I hear almost every week there’s a report that comes directly to me where there’s a severe and intense barrenness where spiritually the Euphrates is drying up.

Preparation For Kings of the East
Why is God doing that? Why is God pouring out a revelation that is causing these religious systems the men have developed to dry up? So that he can make way for the kings of the east! Who are the kings of the east? What is their identity? Look around you, where you’re setting right now, look around you. I know this may sound odd to your natural minds and ears, but the kings of the east are here! Some of you have a problem grasping that because you’ve been taught it’s to be a 2 million-man Chinese army.

It would seem to me if that were the case, that’s a pretty significant army, if that were the case, and understand with me that if I was in one of those seven churches of the first century church and I read about the kings of the east and this mighty river would be dried up to prepare a way for them, it just doesn’t fit that picture at all if I’m thinking that this is a prophetic word about a natural Chinese . .oh . .why Chinese? Simple, from a traditional mindset, that’s the nation inhabiting the land on the east side of the natural Euphrates river. And . .. That’s the only nation with enough people in it that can come up with an army of that magnitude. But again . . . like the rest of all of the traditional line of thought, it just doesn’t fit with the context of then, when it was written, or now, in this generation.

Revelation 1 says he has made “you” to be kings and priests. But our image of a king is somebody sitting with a diadem with a button-tuck chair on a marble platform with a scepter in your hand. The Bible says he has made “you” to be kings and priests with him. In fact the whole issue before us right now, and we have had such emphasis concerning the five-fold ministry connected to the Aaronic order of priesthood (Apostle, prophet, Evangelist, preacher, teacher).

Not Just Priestly Giftings
There is an emerging priesthood that is coming that isn’t through the priesthood of Aaron even though that’s a wonderful thing and I haven’t finished saying everything that I have to say about that. But the emerging priesthood is a Melchizedek priesthood (Melchizedek = "king of righteousness"). That is to mean that every one of you comes fully into your place and the purpose of the kingdom of God. Not just priests, but as kings and priests. There are a lot of people that understand their gifting as priests, a priest can “feel” a need. He can recognize the need, but a king not only can recognize the need, he also has the resources to meet the need.

That’s going to take us away from this longing, this being enamored with platform and pulpit ministries and understand that you are all kings and priests. Every one of you are anointed, every one of you can prophesy, lay hands on the sick, preach the Word , teach His Word. And men in their insecurities today won’t let people know that there’s an order of the Melchizedek priesthood where “all” the people step fully into their place. They want to keep them dependant on them.

A Complete Church
I’m not a leader just because I have people following me. If I fill up that building over there with 1,500 people that doesn’t make me a leader. If I have the charisma to gather tens of thousands of people into an auditorium, that doesn’t make me a leader. I’m a leader because I make other leaders. When this church gets to the place it doesn’t need me anymore, that is when we have a complete body of Christ here. Every one of you have a song, a hymn, a prophecy, a tongue . . 1 Corinthians . . . I’m longing for that day. I just soon take 2 or 3 months off and never have to pick up a microphone and preach anymore. That confuse you? You don’t understand, this is not entirely what I’m about.

The Rising of the Sun
Let’s reel this back in, the Euphrates is drying up, he making way for the kings of the east. Kings of the what? Why do they have to come from the east? The entrance to Eden in Genesis was also on the east side. Understand with me that if you take your concordance down and track these various points on the compass, that whenever God says he’s going to bring in something from the east, or the west, north or south, it has powerful significance. God didn’t just let there be some kind of principle changing the rising of the sun. The sun always rises in the east. You take that for granted, but it never alters from it’s original path, it always rises in the east and sets in the west and there’s a purpose for that, God uses the natural to shadow or follow established pattern in the spiritual.

So that we who eat, drink, and breathe in the natural can at least get a glimpse of what’s in the spiritual by simply lining up the natural with the immovable patterns God established. It’s like a dot-to-dot puzzle, once you get all your dots connected in the proper order, you can then step back and see the picture that was there all along, but didn’t manifest until all the dots were properly connected.

Eastly Priesthood
God could have in his infinite wisdom have chosen that certain months of the year it rises in the east and other months it could migrate toward the west, but no, it’s always been constant in rising in the east. He set that pattern in Genesis when he set the gate to Eden in the east. When Moses made the tabernacle, the pattern was the same, the one door leading into it was set on the east side. The dwelling place of God in the wilderness where the glory cloud descends and fills the tabernacle, only one gate, established on the east side, toward the rising of the sun.

Over and over in Scripture you see the significance of this thing about the east. We don’t have time to look all of them up now, but in Numbers 2, you find that God is arranging the tribes of Israel, this is so important for your perspective to see this, whenever he’s arranging the 12 tribes of Israel, they can’t just camp wherever they want to. When ever they break camp and move, whenever they here Moses cry out “Let God arise, and his enemies be scattered” and they begin to dismantle the tabernacle and start moving across the sandy desert, when the glory cloud stops and they know it was time to stop and their first priority was to set the tabernacle back up.

The didn’t erect their tents until after the tabernacle was erected first. Their whole lives, their center and circumference was centered around the church. There some of you that have matured to the place in your wilderness wanderings that you know that church is not just something you can take or leave as an option. But you know that the church, not a building or religion, is your whole life, the center and circumference of your life is about the activity of the tabernacle within you.

Connecting Personal Gain to God’s Will
So many people decide they’re going to move from one end of the country to the next, just because they’re going to get a large pay-increase and they think it’s the will of God because they’ve been pumped so full of hyper-teaching on prosperity, that whenever they hear there’s a job opportunity far away somewhere where they’ll get a significant pay-raise they immediately connect it to the will of God because it means more financial stability and comfort for them. His eye is on the sparrow, right?

No, you’re eating from the tree of knowledge of GOOD and evil. It’s a “good” thing, but it may not be a God thing. Because even though your bank account may benefit from your decision, your ministry may not be so fortunate. “Well, a church is a church, you said yourself for us not to get hung up on denomination.” It’s not the denomination, or building that matters, it’s the will of God. What’s more important to you? How do you know that this job opportunity was a test sent from the King to show where your heart is? Discernment isn’t something that we should assume is a gift of the super- spiritual. If we’re called to walk in the spirit, understand the gifts are the equipping of God to his children to enable them to be an extension of him!

So what’s this got to do with this thing of the east? Everything, because when they were encamped and set up their banner and sign to indicate where their tribe was, they were given the time to place themselves wherever God had predestined and predetermined where they were to establish their families. What does it have to do with what we’re talking about? It means you don’t just go to the church of your choice. I’ve always hated that bumper-sticker, “Go to the church of your choice”. There’s a charismatic flippancy they portray along with that.

Moving along, in Numbers 2 it states that the tribe of Judah encamped in the east toward the rising of the sun. I want to tell you the element, the tribe or remnant if you will, of God’s church that is going to see the first rays of revelation concerning the dawning of this new day. It’s not churches that try to program and please people and confine and relegate praise to 30 minutes on Sunday morning. But it’s the church that will camp where God instructs them to and turn their tents toward the rising of the sun, Judah which means praise.

Ezekiel’s Revelation of the Deepening River is a Time Line
A church that will position themselves to look toward the dawning of a new day, and they know that in order to get into the presence of God, I have to come through praise!! 2 Chronicles 5 talks about 120 priests, just like in the upper room there were 120 people, blowing trumpets. In 2 Chronicles 29 Hezekiah called the priests together and they gathered in the east. In Ezekiel 47, he has this vision of the waters coming out from under the threshold of the temple, which was fulfilled in Acts 2, that whole vision that Ezekiel had where the water that went from the ankles, to the knees, to the loins, to waters to swim in is a revelation of what happened on the day of Pentecost when waters begin, water; a type of spirit, “out of your bellies shall flow rivers of living water.”

2 Chronicles 5
11And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place: (for all the priests that were present were sanctified, and did not then wait by course: 12Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:) 13It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD; 14So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.

2 Chronicles 29
1Hezekiah began to reign when he was five and twenty years old, and he reigned nine and twenty years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Abijah, the daughter of Zechariah. 2And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father had done. 3He in the first year of his reign, in the first month, opened the doors of the house of the LORD, and repaired them. 4And he brought in the priests and the Levites, and gathered them together into the east street,

In Acts 2 it began to flow out from under the threshold of the temple when the Holy Spirit was poured out and the tide rose from the ankles to the knees to the loins. You say “How’s that?” Because it’s measured in a thousand furlongs. If you go to Ezekiel 47 and measure all of that, you’ll find out it comes historically to where we are right now, the depth of the spirit has risen from the day of Pentecost where it was just ankle deep, past the knees, past the loins where now, it’s waters to swim in. “And the glory of the Lord shall cover the earth as the “waters” cover the sea.”

Isaiah 11
1And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. 6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. 9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Now, understanding when you deal with the prophetic, the language is symbolic. There wasn’t a literal stem that grew out of the tomb of Jesse, we all understand that clearly to be speaking of Christ. This was all fulfilled in the natural through the life of Christ. But behind the spiritual veil of the tabernacle of truth, are we not all to be the image of Christ? To have the mind of Christ? To be the body of Christ? Then you can easily make the connection that this is also talking about a prophetical church, the bride of Christ.

Our Own River of Understanding is Deepening
Rather than emphasize a natural lion eating grass, we should see that this is showing that the church (lion of Judah) will no longer require eating the meat of prey, other animals, or for us, we’ll no longer require the blood of each other to meet our appetite for spiritual survival. Instead, we’ll all eat of the fruit of the land, the inheritance given to us!! Infants playing in the middle of snakes, does not Jesus state that we’ll have the power to walk on serpents and not be harmed? This is telling you that the enemy will have absolutely no power over you whatsoever!!! Those who come to Christ “as a child”. This isn’t in the distant future, this is now!!

The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. The time is now that the floodgates of revelational understanding are beginning to flow everywhere that people cry out for truth and are open enough to change their previous theologies when truth is revealed. Why now? Do we really know for sure? As we mentioned earlier on the day of the Lord is as a thousand years, we are living in the closing hours of the sixth day, it was on the sixth day the children of Israel were to gather in double the amount of manna they were given on the previous 5 days due to preparation for the Sabbath, the day of rest. It’s not a natural date so much as it is a dimension of Christ. He is taking us into a whole new elevation of understanding in who he is.

Isaiah 11
15And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod. 16And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Egyptian Tongues
This whole chapter is so powerful, but here’s the reference we were heading toward. In verse 15, other translations actually state the river as the Euphrates. Interesting also to note that it’s the “tongue” of the “Egyptian” sea . . . a lot of symbolism in this that comes alive all over again once you see the patterns beginning to emerge. But the important thing here to note is that this is not something we’re to watch for in the natural realm in our future. It’s a spiritual river that has been a boundary line that will no longer be able to hold the kings of the east back from receiving their inheritance, thus the reference to crossing “on dry land”. In Revelation it speaks of us as well as the martyrs as overcoming by the blood of the lamb, and the word of their testimony. The word of the righteous will destroy the tongue of the Egyptian, the word of life will destroy the word of bondage.

Ezekiel 47 (Message)
1Now he brought me back to the entrance to the Temple. I saw water pouring out from under the Temple porch to the east (the Temple faced east). The water poured from the south side of the Temple, south of the altar. 2He then took me out through the north gate and led me around the outside to the gate complex on the east. The water was gushing from under the south front of the Temple. 3He walked to the east with a measuring tape and measured off fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water that was ankle-deep. 4He measured off another fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water waist-deep. 5He measured off another fifteen hundred feet. By now it was a river over my head, water to swim in, water no one could possibly walk through.

2 Tape Twenty Four Part 2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm

cross-eyed

Editor’s Note,
You may want to Hang on To Something . . .

How interesting this is, he didn’t measure to the south, he measured to the east. Reason for that was because again, the sun rises in the east, which implies he’s measuring off time. I never saw that before. Here’s one for you, in adding up these measurements, 1,500 feet four times. Four is connected to the natural, so he’s showing us something in the spiritual that will manifest in the natural. A thousand cubics is the same as 1,500 feet. One cubic is the length from your finger tip to your elbow.

Then you realize what the total comes to? 1,500 x 4 = 6,000. A thousand years is as a day to the Lord, he walked him up to the sixth day! As I just stated “before” looking this passage up, we are in the closing hours of the sixth day, preparing for the 7th!! It was in the sixth day that the water was so deep he could swim in it! For me, this is one of those times where you just have to sit down and realize the vastness of God is so unimaginable, it takes my ability for words away and I just simply take it in as much as I can.
End of Note

6He said, "Son of man, have you had a good look?" Then he took me back to the riverbank. 7While sitting on the bank, I noticed a lot of trees on both sides of the river. 8He told me, "This water flows east, descends to the Arabah (desert) and then into the sea, the sea of stagnant waters. When it empties into those waters, the sea will become fresh. 9Wherever the river flows, life will flourish--great schools of fish--because the river is turning the salt sea into fresh water. Where the river flows, life abounds. 10Fishermen will stand shoulder to shoulder along the shore from En-gedi all the way north to En-eglaim, casting their nets. The sea will teem with fish of all kinds, like the fish of the Great Mediterranean. 11"The swamps and marshes won't become fresh. They'll stay salty. 12"But the river itself, on both banks, will grow fruit trees of all kinds. Their leaves won't wither, the fruit won't fail. Every month they'll bear fresh fruit because the river from the Sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing."

There is this same exact picture later in Revelation, a river flowing out from the throne with trees on both sides with healing in the leaves, same stuff. But we are in that time that Ezekiel saw, in the glory of the river. “What’s that got to do with the east?” In order to see it, Ezekiel was taken and faced toward the east. The reason why people can not grasp what we’re talking about now is because they don’t know the difference between the east and the west of their spiritual lives.

John had to turn in order to see the voice behind him. And again, Peter was admonished for not understanding anything concerning the kingdom, the spiritual, the dimensional things of God. The reason why a lot of people can’t see it is because they’re looking in the wrong direction. They’re spending all their energy emphasizing the wrong things! They’re distracted by the death of the cross, they miss the importance of the resurrection of the Christ!

Untoward Generation
Peter talked about an “untoward” generation. There’s a generation of people that are not “toward” the things of God. They think repentance only has to do with their initial salvation experience. But repentance means to turn. Whenever John saw this revelation, again he heard a voice “behind” him say. Could it be that the voice of God is speaking behind you and your looking the wrong way? Could it be you’re looking west and you should be looking east? Could it be that taking things literal, “Keep your eyes on the eastern skies” is the same thing as looking in the opposite direction as what your supposed to be doing? Is not the natural realm the opposite of the spiritual?

Acts 2
38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

If I’m standing looking “into” the sun, then the shadows are behind me. If I’m standing with my back to the dawning of the new day, then the shadows are in my path. See what I’m saying? Those who can’t see life due to their shortcomings are those with their backs to the Son. All they can see is the shadow of themselves. I hate that old song, “Standing somewhere in the shadows you’ll find Jesus . .” You won’t find Jesus standing in the shadows.

Editor’s Note
When you’re personally looking into the sun, the literal, natural sun, what do you automatically do? How do your eyes react to looking in the sun? You squint, and badly. When looking into the sun, you’re at a disadvantage in regard to seeing much of anything because the brightness overwhelms your ability to see the natural things around you. You immediately cover your eyes so that your hand or visor creates a shadow from which you’re capable of seeing things more clearly Why is this example important? What’s the connection?

What does Scripture say your eyes are? They are the windows to your . . .”soul.” Now, spiritually, when looking “into the Son” your soul’s reflex is to look away or to be covered by flesh (your hand or a visor of sorts) and from under the shadow of your flesh, your eyes ( soul, or natural mind) are then able to see things clearer. Don’t we do the same thing spiritually? Our natural understanding can not comprehend spiritual things when our spirit turns directly into the light of the Son. We can only see things through the shadows of our religious attempts to protect our eyes while casting a shadow upon our own face from which to see.
End of Note

Darkness of Religions
Is this making any sense to you? See the reason why a lot of congregations can only see darkness, they get a steady diet of darkness of this age. Every Sunday morning isn’t much better than watching CNN news and the headlines, often times the churches quote and relate more to them than they do the Word of God. And the reason why is because they’re not turned toward the rising of the sun. They’ve got their back toward the day of the Lord and they’re standing in the shadows of darkness “professing” light.

In Him there is no variableness or shadows of turning. James 1 You say “I don’t get it, I can’t see it . . .” That’s why I’m trying to get you turned around. We see in Matthew 24 where he speaks about the lightning, it shines out of the east, to the west. The lightning, the flashes of his appearance. Lightning has to do with the flashing of his appearance, we’ll talk about that more in just a bit.

He’s making way for the kings of the east. God is drying up the religious river Euphrates, the very thing Egypt worshiped, remember destroying the tongue of the Egyptian? God is drying up the idolatrous river in preparation for the kings of the east to take the land, he’s preparing the way for you. A Melchizedek order of priesthood. Makes more sense than the 2 million-man Chinese army now doesn’t it.

13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet

Not frogs, “like” frogs. Remember, the only way for us to continue to make progress in this book is to understand this is written out with spiritual images. Did he see literal frogs? No. They were spirits that came out of the mouth of the ministries that we already dealt with.

14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty

Unclean Spirits
Now, these three spirits that are unclean spirits, Jesus had encounters with unclean spirits often throughout his ministry right? He encountered a man with an unclean spirits in a tombs. He encountered others with unclean spirits that were controlled by not just demonic powers in terms like we describe them, but religious spirits that were unclean spirits. But what I want to focus on is that they were “like” frogs.

Characteristics of a Frog
Frogs are creatures that are most active at night than at any other time. They are cold-blooded, they live at the water’s edge, can’t live without it, but can’t stay in it for fear of being eaten. They move about in the darkness. They feed on insects, things like flies, like the spirit of Beelzebub described in the 12 chapter of Matthew. Frogs have this uncanny ability that whenever cold weather comes, they submerge themselves, they lower their heart rate and bury themselves in the mud and emerge when the weather begins to break.

But they have to have in most cases, before they can breath or propagate, they have to have stagnant murky, muddy water. They don’t habitate very well in a rushing river. They can’t stand the current or the moving water. They are spirits, unclean spirits manifesting in churches where there is not a mighty flowing rivers of praise and worship. They feed on those things that are pests to us, that swarm about us, that infest us and infect us, are you hearing what I’m saying?

The way we keep these unclean spirits out is that we make sure that we have a mighty torrent of praise flowing in this place. That’s one reason why some people don’t like it. You know, I know when the frogs begin to start croaking or chirping, when the level of praise goes low. That’s why you have a pastor that is not just waiting to preach, but a pastor that will continue to move you and encourage you into a spirit of praise. Some people in the house complain and wish it would end and they wish you’d stop singing the same song over and over and get on with the service, that’s a frog in the church!

They don’t like the river, they criticize those that are in it or attempting to be in it. They ridicule any kind of charismatic activity and denounce it all as flesh when it’s they who are the cold-blooded ones that can’t go into the water very deep and if they do get in the water, it’s always right near the surface. You ever kick a frog up while walking along the bank? They’ll do one of two things once they hit the water. Either they will stir up all the mud and bury themselves in it just six inches or so below the surface of the water so that once the mud settles, you can’t see them buried in it. Or they’ll jump in the water, stir up the mud again, but then quicker than a flash, cut back to the bank.

They’re to afraid to stay on the bank for fear of being eaten, but to afraid to get out into the water for the same reason. So they hide in the grass and weeds of the bank and croak and try to reproduce at the water’s edge. No sir, we the church need to focus our attention on the river, but not a river of religion that flows in Egypt. No, we need the river of life that has trees on either side with healing in the leaves as the water flows out directly from the throne of God, which Scripture says is in the praise of His people, thus the picture of the river coming out from the temple. A river with current, with momentum, something that won’t allow the banks to become infested with the croaking of spiritual people who feast on the very things that are pests to everyone else.

The Power of a Frog
These spirits that are like frogs, they have the same power over a church that a frog has over a river, none. In a pond, the frog flourishes, there’s no current and still water becomes a hatching ground for all types of insects. But a river, a frog has no control over. If anything, the frog becomes the pest to those that are part of the river. That’s the other thing about frogs in the church, they’ll blow the power of the enemy out of proportion because they are driven by the same spirit of fear that they are “warning” the church about. In reality, they are advertising instead of overcoming. A demonic spirit is no more affective to a believer in the spirit than a frog trying to change the course of a river.

The frogs in Exodus, they were there, they came out of the river Nile. A manifestation of one of the god’s they worshiped. One of the god’s of religious men today is they are afraid of a mighty river of prayer and praise. They want to keep things shallow.

Spirits of devils working miracles . . .
Understand when Jesus was speaking of false prophets in Matthew 24, understand that false prophets are genuine prophets that have had their gifting perverted. I would really scare you if I told you some of the men that I know are false prophets today because some of them have large followings. We are coming to a time when God is going to harvest, where he’s going to separate the chaff from the wheat and all the things we've bought into and have been deceived by is going to be made clear. In fact, I believe that is happening to many across the land right now.

15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Multiple “Returns”
When he talks about coming like a thief, we immediately connect it to 1 Thessalonians 4 where it speaks about the coming of the Lord. I want to assure you again, and we’ll talk about this more in the weeks to come, I certainly believe in the coming of the Lord. But as far as I’m concerned, the second coming happened on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. He came the first time to a virgin, that was his first coming. He came the second time, he said so in John 14, “I’m going to send you another comforter.” It doesn’t mean he was sending another messenger, but the holy Spirit is simply his spirit because he said that when he goes, the father will send you his spirit that will not only be with you, as Jesus was, but this time will also be “in” you. Jesus said that concerning himself.

He came a third time . .everybody is emphasizing the second coming, I really don’t know which coming it’ll be when he finally comes to rule and reign on the earth. He came the third time in 70 A.D. He said “behold I will come with clouds of glory and every eye shall see me and those who have pierced me. (Revelation 1:7) He also made it clear in Matthew 23 and 24 that it was to be “that” generation what would see him return to them the blood that they rejected, it was just in a different form. Instead of a sacrificial lamb, it was the roaring wrath of a mighty lion. But he came nonetheless.

Mark 13
24But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Read this and understand, this passage in Mark 13 as well as in Matthew 24 are NOT talking about the removal of the church from the earth through the rapture. We’ve talked about this at length, but I want you to see it clearly here. In verse 24, we know that “after that tribulation” the tribulation that he’s speaking of is the destruction of Israel as a nation and Jerusalem as the place of the Levitical system. It’s speaking of A.D. 70 the sun, moon and stars are referring to Israel. Historically, this is what we already saw.

Son of Man’s Return, Not Always in the Form You Expect
The son of man they are seeing in his glory is not a radiant king coming to rule and reign, but the clouds here are referring to judgment, remember? We discussed this earlier. We’re not just looking for him to come in white puffy clouds. Clouds speak of a manifestation of his presence, a manifestation of his congregation (Hebrews), and of judgment. Scripture says the clouds are the dust of his feet (Nehemiah 1:3). But the hang up the church has is in verse 27. “His angels gather the elect” We’re adamantly taught that is referring to the bride of Christ.

What I’ve shared again was the historical end of it. The prophetic end of this is obviously what happened on the cross. The sun was darkened, God turned his back on his son because Jesus “became” the sin that had us in bondage. The moon’s blood and fallen stars are again referring to Israel and the prophets. The mother of the 12 sons was the moon of Joseph’s dream. The stars in the heavens are referring to prophets, Jude compares the wandering star to a false prophet, here, they’re fallen because Israel murdered them, that was one of Jesus great concerns when dealing with the religious Jews was that they murdered all the prophets that God sent and now they’re rejecting the Son himself.

When Were the Elect Gathered?
But again, verse 27, when were the elect gathered together from earth and heaven? It was when Jesus went to the gates of hades and took the keys to hell and the grave from Satan in the three days where he was neither on the cross nor at his Father’s side. It was during that time when he went into paradise and took captivity captive. He took the godly dead from their place at Abraham’s bosom and transported them into heaven, another dimension, with him. It was also at his resurrection when there were dead brought back to life and went back in to the city. That’s what verse 27 is speaking of, not 2,000 years into the future. Because again in Mark 13 he stated that these things would happen to “that” generation. (verse 30 of Mark 13) Also in Mathew 24 he speaks of where the carcass is, the eagles will gather together . it’s all a picture of the same thing.

Looking Into the Sun With Carnal Eyes
So as you can see, Jesus has come more than twice already since his resurrection. But, like Mary at the tomb and others later on when you’re looking for a familiar form of Christ to approach you and he comes in a form different from what you’re expecting, you’ll never recognize him because you’re looking for the wrong characteristics. The disciples and Mary were looking for the Jesus they saw in the flesh, not one that had resurrected in the spirit. Truth is, Christ has come many times and will continue to come in further manifestations but he is first going to come “in” his people before he comes “for” us.

Keeping the Garments
There is a certain thing we must understand here in verse 15 that we read a minute ago, concerning covering in these days. It refers to being naked there. This references back to one of the churches in the early churches of the first chapters of this book where he uses this same statement but there’s a need for us because when he comes, he’s coming without warning. The judgment of God usually, if I don’t hear or pay attention to his warning, doesn’t mean he’s not speaking. Many state that they didn’t hear the voice of God on a matter so they assumed he wasn’t speaking. He’s always speaking, but if you’re not discerning matters in the spirit, you can’t always hear his voice.

But he comes as a thief, without warning. How many times has God just shown up in your life and you didn’t get any indication that he was coming. No warnings, nothing appearing out of order, the animals of the woods never got all quiet because they knew something was up. No, God just showed up and blew your socks off. Wouldn’t it be neat if the judgment of God was about to drop on you but first you’d hear this voice blasting out of heaven “WARNING, THIS IS THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM RUNNNNN!!. . .”

The judgment of God comes as a thief. He tells you what not to do, and encourages you what you should do. He then warns you what will happen if you don’t, but also informs you of the blessings that follow when you do. What he doesn’t tell you for either case is the “when”. He comes as a thief. “Doesn’t the Bible say in John 10 that the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy?” Yes, but understand that God is not a thief. He’s not a thief coming, he’s coming “as” a thief would come. But it’s to them who don’t recognize him as a Messiah that he will appear as a thief.

This is why it’s important that you keep your garments lest you walk naked. Remain in your covering that has been appropriated to you. There are a lot of people who, as soon as the judgments of God begin to fall in their life . .see the judgments of God either come through natural things, or through prophets he sends to you to speak on his behalf. The first thing people want to do when the judgment begins to come to them is leave that church and look for another. They run naked and in shame spiritually.

We have this mistaken notion when the judgment of God starts in our life, we think everybody knows. If you just sit still and let God deal with you nine times out of ten, nobody would ever know. But when you jump up and start running, suddenly, you’re the talk of the church as you make a big stir and you find yourself naked and ashamed. When God would rather correct and council you in an intimate setting so that you wouldn’t “have” to run around naked and shame wouldn’t come on you at all. Are you hearing any of this? But when the judgment of God comes, your mind starts playing games with you and you think everybody in the church knows.

I’m up here preaching God’s Word and something that I’ve said in the last 45 minutes has hit you between the eyes and you think for sure, that I’ve found out about something you said or did and I’m using your situation as an example of what not to do to the entire church when that isn’t the case at all. And you get all offended and shut down and become indignant on that topic and it isn’t long before people see your blemish because instead of “receiving” correction from the anointing, you’ve tried to bury the problem in your tent and deny there’s ever anything wrong. Remember, when God brings judgment on his children, it’s constructive, life-giving, not beaten down condemnation. Keep that in mind also. So don’t go running, sit tight and let him judge the stuff that’s wrong with you, otherwise you’re going to go running down the street naked.

16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon

Armageddon, you’ve finally made it here.
There’s a movie out of Hollywood with this same title, and of course in the movie it depicts some man’s imagination of what the end of the world is going to be like. You know Hollywood capitalizes on all of this stuff? Because they know there’s a great market in the Christian population. We eat that stuff up! Armageddon, it simply means mount Megeddo. The problem with the traditional interpretation with this, where we believe all the armies in the entire world are going to unite together as one massive force, and waltz in to wipe Israel off the map once and for all, the problem with all that is that Megeddo is a city on a plain, it’s not on a Mountain.

The closest mount to it is mount Carmel. Remember where Elijah took on the 400 false prophets of Jezebel? That happened on mount Carmel. I think the reason why Armageddon is mentioned here is because the first century church would have automatically associated it with Carmel. If you want to go back in the Old Testament and find out what happened, there’s several different things that happened in Judges which are pretty significant things that took place there in this area called Megeddo. He was using this place as a symbol of defeat and desolation. It’d be the same if you said “That guy met his Waterloo.”

Editor’s Note
As I’m writing this stuff out, I cringe a little at what he’s saying just because it almost sounds like more his opinion of what he thinks as opposed to what Scripture states. But then I looked up the word in the concordance and it had an explanation that I found very confirming to what he just stated. I also found it interesting that all the hoopla the church has made over this passage. In all of Scripture, Armageddon is only found in one place. Outside of this, it is not mentioned anywhere else in Scripture. All it is saying is that the devastation of God’s judgment is

This gathering isn’t in preparation for some other event to unfold, it’s the finality of one. It’s not bringing the world together for a war, it’s the place where those that were driven by the frogs ended up. It is what’s left after God judged them. It’s the totality of his plan. It’s the sixth bowl, six is the number of man. The power of the flesh has met it’s end. The next thing that transpires is the seventh bowl.
End of Note

Using the phrase of someone meeting their Waterloo simply means they came to their end. The end of all things, destruction has come to an end, devastation is over. Jerusalem is coming to it’s Waterloo, it’s total end, it’s total defeat. God is judging it.

17And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Temple = Naos - from a primary naio (to dwell)
1) used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of gold was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)
2) any heathen temple or shrine
3) metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

2Cr 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple (Naos)of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Temple = hieron {hee-er-on'}
1) a sacred place, temple
a) used of the temple of Artemis at Ephesus
b) used of the temple at Jerusalem
++++

The temple of Jerusalem consisted of the whole of the sacred enclosure, embracing the entire aggregate of buildings, balconies, porticos, courts (that is that of the men of Israel, that of the women, and that of the priests), belonging to the temple; the latter designates the sacred edifice properly so called, consisting of two parts, the "sanctuary" or "Holy Place" (which no one except the priests was allowed to enter), and the "Holy of Holies" or "the most holy place" (which was entered only on the great day of atonement by the high priest alone). Also there were the courts where Jesus or the apostles taught or encountered adversaries, and the like, "in the temple"; also the courts of the temple, of the Gentiles, out of which Jesus drove the buyers and sellers and the money changers, court of the women.

Acts 21: 29
(They had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian in the city with Paul and assumed that Paul had brought him into the temple {hieron} area.)

Where’s the temple? It’s in heaven, right? And again, “you” are the temple of the Holy Ghost. Right? Isn’t that what 2 Thessalonians chapter to is referring to when it states that “you” are the temple, “naos” the inner sanctuary of the temple, not of a physical nature, but of a spiritual? You may argue “But it says the voice is out of heaven with a throne?” Well, Ephesians 2 also tells us that we all sit “together” with him in heavenly places as well. Not to mention what I just inserted from 2 Corinthians 6:16, very clear that we are spiritual temples where God resides.

Which way is up?
Remember when we covered that? Which way is up? Which way is up for the people in Australia? Up for us is in the opposite direction as it is for them. Heaven doesn’t have to do with a point on the compass, it has to do with a dimension. We are encompassed about by a great cloud of . . .”witnesses”. We are “ampitheatered” about. They can see us on the playing field even though we can’t see them.

Elijah’s servant’s eyes were opened and he saw the mountains filled with the chariots of God. Question, were they there “before” his eyes were opened? Yes! The angels of the Lord encamp round about them that fear him. Moses and Elijah appear *POOF* on the mount of transfiguration. They’re always there, but just in another dimension. I don’t know about you, but just seeing that much of it brings heaven a lot closer than where I once thought it was. Heaven isn’t as far away as you think. It’s not in outer space somewhere, it’s here.

18And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
The Voice of the Lord
What he’s describing here is speaking of images we’ve already covered at other places in this text. The voices are not just one voice, but plural. Psa 29:9 The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth (to strip off or lay bare) the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of [his] glory It causes birthing, it brings down things that have grown so stately and tall that produces pride in our lives.

Psalm 29
1 Give honor to the LORD, you angels; give honor to the LORD for his glory and strength. 2 Give honor to the LORD for the glory of his name. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.3 The voice of the LORD echoes above the sea. The God of glory thunders. The LORD thunders over the mighty sea. 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty. 5 The voice of the LORD splits the mighty cedars; the LORD shatters the cedars of Lebanon. 6 He makes Lebanon's mountains skip like a calf and Mount Hermon[a] to leap like a young bull. 7 The voice of the LORD strikes with lightning bolts. 8 The voice of the LORD makes the desert quake; the LORD shakes the desert of Kadesh. 9 The voice of the LORD twists mighty oaks and strips the forests bare. In his Temple everyone shouts, "Glory!" 10 The LORD rules over the floodwaters. The LORD reigns as king forever. 11 The LORD gives his people strength. The LORD blesses them with peace.

Footnotes:
a. Psalm 29:6 Hebrew Sirion, another name for Mount Hermon.
b. Psalm 29:9 Or causes the deer to writhe in labor.

The voice of God has a progression. It’s not earthquakes or lightning first, it’s voices first. Whenever the voice of the Lord is heard in his people. I’ve been thundering here now, that doesn’t mean I’ve been loud, the thundering that’s been taking place is to announce to you to turn your attention to the spiritual voice that’s coming from heaven. Hear something from above for his ways are above your ways as far as the heavens are above the earth we’re to hear from “above” as opposed to hear something from beneath, or even on either side of you. There are many voices in the world and none of them without signification. If a trumpet doesn’t give forth a certain sound, how shall they prepare for battle? (see 1 Corinthians 14 1-12)

[b]Natural Elements Speak Volumes of Spiritual Realities

If there’s anything that you’ve been hearing here, you’ve been hearing the voice of the Lord. It has caused all kinds of things to happen in you. It’s birthed things in you, it’s quickened you, and at the same time, it’s pruned you, and maybe even leveled you completely. It’s thundered, it’s caused you to look up. Thunder is an announcement of coming rain. Whenever I hear a rumble in the heavens, which usually comes from above me before it takes place “in” me. But when I hear the thunder, I know climatic changes are happening, I know seasons are changing.

I hear thunder, I know rain is coming, I can smell the freshness of it in the winds of the air. I can taste the revelation, the teaching, the coming of refreshing and new growth. Nothing grows without the rain. Revelation 10 speaks about the seven thunders that come. Take the time sometime and read Psalm 81:7 where the Bible talks about these thunders come from the secret place or most holy place. And when you first hear it it’s thunder and here’s where many people get all tangled up.

In John where God showed up and spoke about his Son, some were terrified and declared it as thunder while others stated it was the voice of angels. You must understand that when you first hear thunder above you, it’s created by a voice. That shouldn’t cause you to run in confusion and say you don’t understand as it was unclear to you. If you want to know how I have come to certain thresholds of understanding these revelational truths to where they just take on a life of their own and my mouth can’t keep up with the vision as it pours out of me, it’s because I have set sometimes for months reading and listening and knew that even though I couldn’t comprehend it, I could at least try to apprehend it.

There’s a lot of things that some of you ignore. It’s thundering over your head and because you don’t understand it, you decide to go somewhere else where the preaching is more on your level and you simply try to become mature on a constant diet of milk rather than begin cutting, chewing and digesting the spiritual meat that God intends for you. There are things right now, I looked at my Father in ministry the other day, I was with him in Pennsylvania. And I looked at Mark Hanby who is a great man of God, and I told him “I don’t understand everything about mount Zion” and he said “I don’t either”. But I’ve heard some things about mount Zion.

Unobtainable to the Natural Mind
The natural mind wants neat, packaged answers about everything. If you can’t explain it to me in detail from front to end, the natural mind says “I don’t have any time or patience for this”. But if you want the revelation that comes from a voice that comes from heaven and thundering over your head, there will be those times where you’ll have to go for months and maybe even years where you don’t totally understand it but you know that it’s the voice of God. Thunder will eventually bring rain, it will eventually bring lightning!

Holy Blueprint
There have been things that have thundered over my head for years and I didn’t understand it. But all of the sudden when the lightning came, it’s just like a light went on in my head, I saw it! It all fit together so perfectly and it became so clear that there is a huge importance that we understand the original blueprints of God’s pattern because he has built everything up from there. Instead of looking to a man’s interpretation, or a denomination’s doctrine, if we just look “in” the Word and read “out” what it says without adding to or taking away from what’s already written, we’d find that it’s all there, in it’s complete form.

Walking in the Spirit doesn’t mean you’re always spiritual naturally.
Sometimes I get struck by lightning even when I’m the most carnal. Even the other day as I was driving . .this is going to offend some of you religious people . . .as I was driving, I was listening to this nice country song on the radio and I was singing along and my thoughts were not toward God, neither were they toward spiritual things, I was just into the song. Then all of the sudden without warning, I got struck by lightning and for a matter of about 5 minutes there was revelation that came to me concerning some things that up to that point, I didn’t understand concerning the kingdom of God. Am I making any sense to you? I’m trying to help you.

You understand that you don’t always have to be spiritual all the time. Sometimes whenever I have the most spiritual experiences is when I’m being the most carnal. You think in order to be spiritual, you have to be setting around praying in tongues? I do that sometimes, but I don’t do it all the time. I got tired of being under pressure all the time to be spiritual, so-called spiritual. I’m not trying to be irreverent. Jesus, I found out one day, likes my flesh. And he likes yours to. He likes to hang out with you. Some of you need to stop measuring the outer court, remember Revelation 11??

Earthquakes
So it’s in this progression, voices, thunderings, and lightnings, and then what happens? A great earthquake such has never been. We don’t have time to go back and look at all the earthquakes. The one at the crucifixion, another at the resurrection, another in Acts 16 that happened at midnight. At midnight there was an earthquake that cause the foundation of the prison-house to move and doors were opened, prisoners walked out. There are a lot of things that have kept you in prison. Not natural prisons, but prisons that are in your minds. And when God sends this word, There’s coming a voice that’s so powerful from heaven that’s going to make it’s way past the vocal chords of men that’s so powerful that men that is so powerful that men will no longer need, as they have needed so much, the constant laying on of hands and personal ministry.

But the Word of God itself will cause the foundation of your prison-house to shake and doors will open and you will walk out into all the freedom that God has intended for you to have. And it’s going to happen in a midnight hour in a new day when we go from one day to the next. He sent his word and healed the people. I’m not minimizing the laying on of hands, I know these signs shall follow them that believe in my name, they shall cast out demons and speak with new tongues and they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

But there’s maturity that God is brining his insecure church into. So much so that when they hear the word of God from heaven, INSTANTLY they’ll be delivered. They won’t have to run to some man and have his hands lay on them. We’re heading into something so much more, you think you’ve heard preaching, revelation, teaching, God is getting ready, I hear it already! I hear the thunder already. This earthquake is going to be mightier than any earthquake that has ever been.

19And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

God Needs to Remember?
Isn’t that interesting. Does God have to remember anything? Whenever the Bible says God remembers anything, the implication is that he forgot. In order for him to remember, he’d have to forgotten, but God has never forgotten anything, ever, has he. So what does that mean when it says it was brought into remembrance before him? Remember what God said to the nation of Israel in Deut. 6 I think? He said “you keep my covenant. You better remember it. When you come into the promised land that I have promised you, you better remember my covenant.”

They didn’t remember his covenant. In fact, everything mentioned in Deut. 28 concerning the curses that would come upon them if they didn’t remember to keep his covenant, they’ve all been poured out in Revelation against that generation that rejected him. When it says the Lord remembered, and he gave them a cup of wine of the fierceness of the wrath of God, it simply meant that God has not forgotten as men would think he forgets.

Divisions of Three
You may forget, but he doesn’t. This is just a term we use to help us to understand he, in fact, never forgets. And the great city that’s divided into three parts; this city that is called Babylon, Sodom, Egypt, all those other metaphors used to describe Israel is what she had become. It’s what many of the religious systems of today have become also. But this city is going to be divided into three parts.

Ezekiel 5, God told him to do some weird things, if you have some problems with some of the things we do here, you should read some of the things God told Ezekiel to do. Take all your clothes off, lay on your one side for a number of days, then roll over and do the same on your other side. I want you to go out there and take your own dung and cook your food with it.

In this particular place, he told Ezekiel to cut off all his hair and divide it up into three parts. Take part of it, bind it in your garment, take another part and throw it in the fire, the third part take and cut it up with your sword and spread it all around throughout the city. Three parts. If Jerusalem was the city of God, and Jesus said concerning the city of God because it’s not just about some natural city in the middle east. But Jesus said, concerning the city of God that “you” are a city set on a hill. Whenever he’s talking about the city of God, he’s talking about the whole collective body.

But as he divided, there were three factions, there was a civil war going on inside the walls of the city of Jerusalem at the time of Titus’s invasion and not only were they being attacked from without, they were also being attacked from within. The Pharisees, Sadducees and the Herodians, were these political factions that were at war. It was true of them as well as a picture of the church today. We’re being attacked from without as well as attacked from within. With all the factions and sectarianism.

Spiritual Side of It
But there’s another dimension, I’ve shown you two, the historical, and the current application to the historical, but now let me show to you the prophetical, the third dimension of that. When the voice of the Lord is heard in your life and there’s thundering and lightning and earthquakes. God begins to change and shift all the platelets and all the core issues in you and the foundations because everything that you’ve built your life on a superficial level, everything that everyone “thinks” you are is not what you are. But when the voice of the Lord begins to move core issues in you and the foundations begin to shift deep down inside you where the real you is, everything that you’ve built on the surface begins to crumble around your feet.

Editor’s Note
Body, soul, spirit, the corporate body of Christ is divided on these three levels. Those in the church that continue to walk in the flesh become brittle and disconnected from the flow of the spirit. Those that walk according to their soul is similar to walking in the flesh, walking in the flesh is catering to, and focusing on themselves. Emphasizing the “soulish” side of our life is catering and living according to our emotional state of mind, again, selfishness. Those that walk in the spirit are those that are no longer “bound” by the limitations of natural and carnal understanding
End of note

Foundation of Sovereignty
There is no one that he will allow to lay any other foundation other than from that which is Christ and him alone. I hope you leave church on Sunday morning like your entire body is shaking so much that you can hardly walk. Scripture says in Hebrews 12 that he has spoke once and he will speak again a second time, but the second time, he will shake everything that can be shaken so that only those things that can’t be shaken will remain. Some of you have built the foundation of your life on your job or your financial income, some have built your foundation on relationships where you are totally dependant on, some of you have built your entire life around how you feel about yourself, or how you don’t feel about yourself.

We’ve built our future on all kinds of false things and God is sending the word that is shaking the stuff inside you causing a shift so that everything you’ve built that was nailed to these foundations, God is going to shake you to the core and you can either let him or fight him and try to hang on, but the word has already recorded, it’s already been written and now it’s being spoken. The “man-you-factored” things you’ve given yourselves over to are coming down either way. He’s shaking your foundation to allow those things to all collapse so that you’ll come back to the original foundation which is Christ who is the first, the last, the beginning and the end.

The three parts
Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

That’s what God is doing, he’s dividing things for us that we can’t make a distinction in.

20And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

Mountains; the kingdoms of men, they’re gone.

21And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Draw Your Own Conclusions
One of the plagues we saw in Egypt was also hail. Now, you can assume that there’s actually going to be a hundred-pound hail fall from the sky, or you can take history and understand that hail represents judgment of course and it did fall on Egypt. But also it says in Isaiah 28 the sure foundation, the tried stone, the rejected corner stone, which was Christ that when God caused hail to fall, it came to sweep away the refuge of lives. Some of us do have hail damage don’t we, because God’s trying to sweep away the refuge of lives in us.

Historical Events Concerning
When Titus invaded Jerusalem, he brought these massive machines that had the ability to throw stones, of great size, long distances, for their day. Josephus writes that they painted these stones white and they weighed up to a hundred pounds, and the vision they gave was that hail was falling from heaven. The Jewish people’s consciences were so seared, they were in such a reprobate state, that even though they saw this picture and recognized it to be what it was, God’s judgment falling on them, literally. Instead of being repentant, they became defiant and blasphemed God and cried out “Look, it’s the coming of the Lord.” Mocking the Christians.

Let them mock, let them say what they want to, but God is going to be God and he’s going to be vindicated.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum