APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 1

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:31 pm

cross-eyed

Genesis 1
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Introduction of Reproduction
This is going to get deep quick, just hang on and let it permeate your heart. This opening line, the beginning of all of the highs and lows of all of creation, this opening line is truth in it’s simplest form. It’s a picture of reproduction. Life is conceived when a man “hovers” over the womb of a woman. Motion is required before seed is released. Your spirit is nothing more than a seed carrier. It contains seeds of life that have one sole purpose. And that is for those seeds to be planted into a womb. What is your womb?

To learn this, all you need to do is go back to the man and woman. Who is to be in submission to whom? Take the laws of the natural, don’t emphasize on them or enforce them on each other, that’s not their purpose. We’re to walk in the spirit. Romans 1:20 says God uses the natural realm to reveal his spiritual truth. We’re to use the natural and apply it to spiritual patterns. When the Bible says that a woman is to be in submission to a man, that is not license for men to control woman. It’s a spiritual pattern.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is No Male Versus Female
We are not pursuing the natural laws for a woman and a man. We are pursuing the spirit. And in the spirit, there is no distinction between a male or female, anymore than there’s a difference in being bond or free. That isn’t just the natural bondage of slavery this is talking about either. Any bondage you may have, it does not distinguish you from anyone who’s not bound by addictions. That in and of itself, is a prolific truth that may take some time to digest. But the truth is the power of the blood of the Lamb has not been given the full honor it deserves.

A person’s good or bad habits do not make, or dictate who he is. Judas was who he was; Jesus knew it before he chose him. Jesus knew he was a cheat and greedy, but he not only still chose him as a disciple, but he also allowed him to be the treasurer of their cash. No where in Scripture do you see Jesus pulling Judas aside and confront him of his underhanded ways. He never advised Judas that he would need to step down from that ministry because it’s painfully clear that he had sticky fingers. In the spirit, there is no need for us to put an emphasis on the distinction between one who is bound, and one who is free. We are all of one Spirit.

God’s Grace is Sufficient
Is this saying it’s okay to live in your bondage? It’s saying that you are not condemned for your bondage. It’s saying that the power of the blood of the Lamb is much more important to emphasize, and not the weakened state of man. Paul had a situation of his own where he prayed three times for God to relieve him from it and what was God’s response? Many argue over what they believe the thorn was. Some say it was a natural sickness he had. Others say it was referring to religious individuals that followed Paul around everywhere he went that would always create turmoil whenever he tried to speak..

Still others believe the thorn was actually a natural weakness Paul often wrestled with within himself. If it really mattered, God would have seen to it that it would have been identified. The truth is, it doesn’t matter because the pattern is still the same. Whether it is people wearing Paul down, or a disease wearing him out, or a weakness that kept wearing through him, the answer is still the same. Rather than God removing the thorn, by leaving it, he illuminated his grace. In other words, “Paul, you’re fine, just rely on my grace, not your comfort or accomplishments, my grace is all that is necessary in your life.”

Know, Apply, Pursue
In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, bond, nor free, male nor female. And it’s that male and female thing we want to illuminate in this study. If it’s not about dealing with a natural man and a woman, then what is it about? There is a spiritual truth, when dealing with how to read the Bible, that is the root of many of these keys. The keys we talk about are not natural keys and they’re not moral keys, but they are spiritual keys. They are spiritual truths that unlock deeper spiritual truths and those truths all illuminate the character and nature of Christ. The particular one being referred to now is, “know the natural, apply the moral, pursue the spiritual”.

To know the natural, you must read what has been written in the Scriptures. Know the stories and people and places. Know the events that took place. We’re not here to prove, or disprove them. We just simply need to know what Scripture says about them. Faith activates the spiritual realm in you. Faith is the ultimate key to all things. Without faith, you have nothing, you’ll see yourself as nothing and you’ll gain nothing. But with faith, mountains will fall. Nothing is meant to be emphasized with a literal expectation. We are called to the spiritual realm because that is where God’s land is. Seek ye first “the kingdom” of God . . . the realm of the spirit is our goal, not the moral value or a natural story.

Morals Are Good, Just Not Our Goal
When Jesus was teaching on the mustard seed-faith, he stated that if we speak to “this” mountain, we read that to mean a spiritual mountain. And by spiritual, we don’t mean a mountain of trouble, or turmoil that is before you. That’s what we call taking the Scripture in the 2nd dimension, or from a moral perspective, which is one that is connected to your emotions. 2nd dimensional thinking is taking the moral value of what was naturally written and applying it to my “today”. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8, is the platform for learning how to effectively read the written Word. There’s nothing wrong with applying it that way. But it’s not our pursuit.

We’re pursuing the spiritual aspect, not the natural or moral. Remember, Galatians 5 tells us, challenges us, and instructs us that we must walk in the spirit. We must read Scripture from a spiritual perspective; put your emphasis on the spiritual truth above the moral and natural. As you do this, patterns begin to form in your reading and you truly can let Scripture interpret itself. In this case, mountains refer to government. Whenever God chose to establish his order, it was on a mountain that he would originally deliver his message.

Spiritual Mountains
When God gave Moses a detailed plan of building the tabernacle and all the required activities surrounding it, he did it from a mountain. When Noah’s ark landed, it was on mountains. Logically, if you put some thought into it, and perhaps try to test the idea on a much smaller scale, when you have that kind of water and you put a boat on it, as the water recedes, the boat will eventually come to rest on a low spot, not a high one. But God had this happen with Noah on purpose. It was the same as the tabernacle of Moses, it’s all a picture of Christ. The mountains that Noah landed on was called Ararat. The Hebrew definition means “The curse is reversed.” You can easily see what that was portraying. So, again, mountains are connected to spiritual government.

When you have faith of the smallest measure in Christ, it’s enough to remove the ungodly governments established in your thinking. All you have to do is be receptive to truth, it’s not about whether you understand it or not. Just be receptive. And in faith, you can believe what you can’t see and accept what you don’t understand. We’re going back to the Garden of Eden because all patterns originate there. The purpose of our existence here on earth is to engage in a relationship with God voluntarily. In that relationship, we are given the capability to reproduce and that is the first act you see in the opening verses of this most profound book.

Spiritual Reproduction
The Holy spirit was doing an intimate act. I think many times, we never make the connection with the idea that we are made in his image in every aspect. We don’t naturally reproduce like we do because we invented the act of intimacy. We reproduce the way we do because that’s how life is passed on, that’s how it was established “in” us. The man is the seed carrier. The woman MUST be in submission to the man in order for him to place the life-seed in her womb. If she’s not in submission, then we call it rape. She’ll still reproduce, but it will be from the root of violence and perversion rather than love, order, and intimacy.

Spirit Given Dominance over Natural
There is an order to all things God created. When things are in his order, life flows and flourishes. When we step out of that order, we walk in a cursed earth. Not because God cursed it, but because we did. In the beginning, God created the heaven (spirit) and the earth (nature, natural) “in that order.” It’s worded that way on purpose. It’s worded with heaven before earth on purpose because spirit has dominance over natural. We are made in the same pattern. We are spirits because God is a spirit. He made a spirit, created a body, and breathed his spirit into the body and made man. And then, he did something unprecedented, he gave man a soul. He gave man a mind of his own, and he gave him dominion. I am a spirit that has a soul that lives in a body.

2 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:32 pm

cross-eyed

Okay . . .the last paragraph there speaks about our order of spirit, body and soul and how God gave us a soul. I wrote this originally around 5 years ago. Things tend to fluctuate a bit as we go through our own personal maturing processes and our understanding shifts as well. I believe this is why we're instructed to hold on to the things of the earth loosely . . .it's not just referring to houses and cars and stuff. But also, it refers to our understanding.

What I see today can easily change by tomorrow. In fact, that's really the way it "should" be all the time. It's called "growth". And by holding on to what we know loosely, it allows us to accept change more willingly than grudgingly. yes?

So, having said that . . . I just wanted to say that I don't think God "gave" us a soul, I believe when God breathed life into the corpse of man, man BECAME a living soul. My soul is the evidence that a spirit of life resides in this body of flesh.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth . ..or . . .in the beginning, God created Adam (spirit) and from within Adam, he formed Eve (soul) But I'm getting way ahead of this already . . .it's supposed to be just pertaining to verse one . . .heaven and earth.

3 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Ok, we're going in...

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

First of all, like you Nathan my understanding has changed also over the years due to growth..
This first vs. alone has so much in it when you dig into it...
I know you're not wanting definitions so much...but they are important at times...after all this is Hebrew and not English...

When broken down it reads quite different than what it appears...it would go something like this...

In The Christ...gods...were selected to feed and dispatch (through formative processes)as entities....in The Heavens (more than one)....and The Earth...

To me...this reads like a who's who...before anything was made manifest in the physical realm...This is where God's foreknowledge, predestination, ordination, etc... comes in..

And through all of this in God...I believe His Great Purpose for All can be found here in this first verse...

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 pm

cross-eyed

Oh no, by all means. . .definitions actually unlock A LOT of the depth that would otherwise be lost or overlooked.

Before everyone goes into this book, I would most HIGHLY recommend you watch this video on Rob Bell's "everything is spiritual". This url I'm posting has captions at the bottom, but they don't interfere with anything he's saying. But man, it's a perfect introduction to what we're doing here. It's about an hour and fifteen minutes long but it's so captivating that you don't realize it's that long.

http://vimeo.com/11692920

5 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Holly1

Scherryl wrote:Ok, we're going in...

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

First of all, like you Nathan my understanding has changed also over the years due to growth..
This first vs. alone has so much in it when you dig into it...
I know you're not wanting definitions so much...but they are important at times...after all this is Hebrew and not English...

When broken down it reads quite different than what it appears...it would go something like this...

In The Christ...gods...were selected to feed and dispatch (through formative processes)as entities....in The Heavens (more than one)....and The Earth...

To me...this reads like a who's who...before anything was made manifest in the physical realm...This is where God's foreknowledge, predestination, ordination, etc... comes in..

And through all of this in God...I believe His Great Purpose for All can be found here in this first verse...

Blessings

Wow! That is a very different reading!

6 Re: Chapter 1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Patrick1

Most people only see "when" creation began in that first verse, but as you correctly pointed out Christ is the beginning of the creation of God. Rev 3:14, 21:6, 22:13 Verse one is not about when but in whom and where creation takes place. Everything that is created, everything that is getting ready to occur over the next seven day ocçurs in and because of Christ. Everything in this first chapter is ultimately to reveal the personality of God in all he is doing. In Col 1:20 we find that "For in him were all created,...all were created through him and into him." What a passage. The KJV hides this truth by how it is translated. Thank God that we live in a day when the truth can no longer be hid by religious tomfoolery of the scriptures.

I have more to say, but I must go to work

grace and peace Patrick

7 Verses 1, 2. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

cross-eyed

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

If I'm not mistaken, the word "beginning" there doesn't mean what we think "beginning" means. It actually means . . .in the infinite past . . .there's no literal timeline being measured here. Time and space, or the measureing of them, didn't come until after the sun, moon and stars were created.

But I think what's more important here is how John wrote it. In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God . . .the Word was God. Beings that Jesus is the first AND the last, I would reason that this has never been about the age of anything, but instead, the beginning of ageless Love's relationship with man.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
This also speaks to the fact that not only did God create heaven and earth, but also spirit and flesh. And I’ve mentioned this before, but I believe the patterns of the kingdom are all around us in this realm as we see how “in this realm” two worlds live in harmony with each other which is life in the waters and life in the firmament between the waters. Now . . .again, for me, I believe we’re not between the literal waters now that they were between then. But that’s just pertaining to literal understanding.
I believe the waters above and the waters below are still intact in the spirit realm. The spirit realm itself, for me is the waters “above” as well as the river that runs beneath the surface of what is seen pertains to the waters “beneath” and the natural realm itself is the firmament. My natural position in this cycle is the firmament between the waters above (what’s to come) and the waters below (what’s already past). Which is another “dimension” to it I guess.
The earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep . . .
This again, is mostly about my/our identity in Christ than it is about the forming and shaping of this literal earth. However, I do believe BOTH apply. What the Bible indicates literally, I believe it to have literally happened. But I don’t believe that is where we are to put the emphasis. I believe there is a blueprint of the structure and relationship of man and his creator. And there in-lies both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that we are beings that have been enabled to engage in both the natural and the spiritual. But the curse is that our natural minds tend to get crossed up with spiritual applications.
So in that aspect, it’d probably save us a lot of confusion if we can remember to not just discern the difference between spirit and flesh, but also “what dimension” of the spirit we’re referring to as we digest, and then share out with others what we’re seeing. It’s almost impossible to make a generalized statement of application. Everything IS spiritual . . .and that’s about as close as I can get to generalizing. After that, it’s all on a case-by-case experience.
Darkness was upon the face of the deep . . .Scripture talks about the deep calling to the deep. We see that to be the Spirit of Truth calling out to the Spirit in man/men. It’s a spirit-to-spirit relationship. But here, there is darkness . .not on the surface of the deep, but on the FACE of the deep. Indicating the identity of this created thing has no “True-North”. For me, this is every man before experiencing Christ. Every man has depth within them, but with no relationship to unlock those depths, we remain in darkness until our identity in Christ can be established. Living people with no relationship with Christ are spiritual zombies. They are walking dead people. But something is happening here in this nothingness of man.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters . . .
For me, God is not creating anything yet, what he’s doing is, he’s preparing an atmosphere through which creation will manifest. And, more importantly, that atmosphere still remains. If you’ve read chapter two here . . .this may sound repetitive because the spirit HOVERING over the FACE of the WATERS for me, is the act of intimacy between a man and a woman. I’ll go ahead and go off the edge with this and say IN ANOTHER DIMENSION of seeing this . . .this natural realm COULD be seen as the WOMB within a woman. The reason why I say that is because again, that word “waters” is actually connected to the word “semen”. And this is why I highly suggested we watch Rob Bell’s video because he so wonderfully explains how things in the quantum operate.
The invisible cells . . .not because they’re in the spirit realm but because they’re so small, the naked eye can’t see them . . .these cells of energy literally respond to the wave patterns of our voices and words. This atmosphere we live in is CHARGED with energy (power) to react and respond to our very commands. God wasn’t just creating an atmosphere so “he” could create the earth and everything in it. But he was creating an atmosphere for us, his created beings, to also have the ability to create in the exact same manner that He created us. Once the spirit hovered over the face of the deep . . .the act of intimacy between God and man .. . there was “movement” on the face of the waters . . . the word “waters” again, connected to our word for “semen”. Microscopic cells of life being released into the IDENTITY of man. Once the atmosphere was prepared, then creation began . . .LET THERE BE LIGHT.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light

8 Re: Chapter 1 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

This is cut out of the currently stalled paper I was writing on Gen 1 and 2:

Here is Genesis 1:1 in the exact order written in Hebrew (my version, all of the definitions are straight out of Strongs, except mind of Christ, and Body of Christ)

Gen 1:1
1)Firstfruits/chief/head—2)Carved out/birthed/begot—3)Elohim/God/gods—
4)Aleph-Tau/Alpha-Omega—5)Heavens/Mind of Christ (male)
6)Aleph-Tau/Alpha-Omega—7)Earth/Body of Christ (female)

1)Re ‘shiyth H7225

1) first, beginning, best, chief
a) beginning
b) first
c) chief
d) choice par
(Translated as first fruits 11 times)

The listing for Rosh the root of re’shiyth in TWOT:

The primary meaning of this root is "head. " It is common to all Semitic languages and appears in its root forms and derivatives nearly 750 times. It is used for the "head" as part of the body (Gen 3:15) and by extension for the notion of "chief ' of a family (Exo 6:14), as "chief officer" of the divisions of Israel (Exo 18:25) and the like. The unique Hebraic character of this usage is clear in the OT as the root is rarely applied to chiefs of Gentile nations. It is used also for the top or summit of a geographical feature such as a mountain or hill (Exo 17:9) and the upper part of a building or architectural feature (Gen 11:4; 2Ch 3:15) and as a personification for such features (Psa 24:7, Psa 24:9). The root was utilized in many colloquial expressions for plant names (Job 10:4) parts or portions of things (Gen 2:10) and terms for artifacts. In this last category is the usage of the root for both "head stone" (Zec 4:7) and "chief corner stone" (Psa 118:22). This passage and usage are carried over into the NT and quoted by Jesus concerning his being rejected by the Jews (Mat 21:42; Luk 20:17; Eph 2:20; 1Pe 2:7).

2)Bara H1254

1) to create, shape, form
a) (Qal) to shape, fashion, create (always with God as subject)
1) of heaven and earth
2) of individual man
3) of new conditions and circumstances
4) of transformations
b) (Niphal) to be created
1) of heaven and earth
2) of birth
3) of something new
4) of miracles
c) (Piel)
1) to cut down
2) to cut out
2) to be fat
a) (Hiphil) to make yourselves fat

TWOT:
The root bara' has the basic meaning "to create." It differs from yasar "to fashion" in that the latter primarily emphasizes the shaping of an object while bara' emphasizes the initiation of the object.
(yasar is the word used in Gen 2 when Adam is formed)
The question of the meaning of the root bara' is complicated by its connotation in the Piel of "cut down" (Jos 17:15, Jos 17:18; Eze 23:47). This meaning may also obtain in the use of the word in Eze 21:19 [H 24] where it need not connote carving a signpost, but simply the act of cutting down a branch or sapling as a marker).
(branch is a messianic term)
If this meaning attests to the concrete form of the Qal, the word may have meant "to form," "to fashion" in the sense of carving or cutting out. But it is possible that the Piel form may represent an entirely different root. KB (2d ed.) posits a second root used in the Piel meaning "to cut down." THOT (in loc.) follows KB (3d ed.) that there is one root with the basic meaning "separate," "divide." This would explain the usages of the Piel, but, as is often the case, is not decisive for the nuance of the meaning "create" in the Qal. And, since the word is used in such a distinctive sense in the Qal it is best to consider the meaning of the root solely on the basis of usage.
The word is used in the Qal only of God's activity and is thus a purely theological term. This distinctive use of the word is especially appropriate to the concept of creation by divine flat.
The root bara' denotes the concept of "initiating something new" in a number of passages. In Isa 41:20 it is used of the changes that will take place in the Restoration when God effects that which is new and different. It is used of the creation of new things (hadashot) in Isa 48:6-7 and the creation of the new heavens and the new earth (Isa 65:17). Marvels never seen before are described by this word (Exo 34:10), and Jeremiah uses the term of a fundamental change that will take place in the natural order (Jer 31:22). The Psalmist prayed that God would create in him a clean heart (Psa 51:10 [H 12]) and coupled this with the petition that God would put a new spirit within him (See also Num 16:30; Isa 4:5; Isa 65:18).
The word also possesses the meaning of "bringing into existence" in several passages (Isa 43:1; Eze 21:30 [H 35]; Eze 28:13, Eze 28:15).

9 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 pm

cross-eyed

I'm trying to clean this thread up a bit by removing the "chapter 2" all together because I think it confuses things due to the fact we're just beginning to scratch the surface of Genesis 1 right now . . .so . . .what I've done is I've copied what "was" there and pasted it here . . . immediately following that, I've posted some added thoughts today as well. From here on we'll just walk through the chapter verse by verse. Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chapter 2

Genesis 1
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Face of the Deep
Now, back to the passage. The Holy Spirit “hovered” over the face of the deep. Interesting choice of words there. If you understand truth, you see that you become what you behold. As the spirit hovered over the “face” of the deep, a form was taking shape in the earth. In the same way a man must have movement in order to release his seed, it was through the “moving” of the spirit, the seed of life was being placed into this empty space, this empty womb called earth. So what’s really happening here? Through the move of the Spirit, the “face” of the earth is changing, it’s transforming over to the glory of the Lord.

Of all the body parts of a human, it’s the face that gives them their identity. You don’t know someone by their arm-length or waist line. When the police are looking for a description of someone they never met or saw before, it’s not a full body portrait they use to find them. It’s a portrait of their face. Everything you need to know about a person is in their face. When you speak to them that’s what you focus on. In fact, it’s not just their face, but it’s the eyes. Even though their mouth is telling you something, you discern what is said by the facial expressions that come with it. The eyes are the windows to the soul. As the Holy Spirit hovered and an atmosphere began to change, so did the face (identity) of the deep (your spirit). It became what it was beholding. We will get back to this later.

The Circle of Life Within You
There is a reference in Scripture where the deep cries out to the deep. This is a reference to a spiritual communication. In 1 Corinthians 2 is speaks of this. God’s spirit communicates to our spirit even though our minds are unaware of these spiritual truths. Everything you’re learning and having revealed to you, your spirit already knew. God’s spirit gives your spirit revelation in the form of seed. Your spirit then takes that seed and hovers over your mind as what is spirit births into understanding. As your mind begins to expand in this truth, your body reacts through renewed strength from the understanding power of your mind, and fruit, or actions manifest as a result of truth being birthed into your identity. It’s the circle of life within you. Here in the origin of all things, the first action was Holy Spirit hovering over the face (identity) of the deep (your spirit) and the transformation process begins.

Our Flesh Now, Was Not the Original State
The reason why we went to this place is because this is the first and foremost pattern of truth established. Before you see anything beneath the surface of Scripture, before you see any hidden meanings, you first must realize the order in which you were created, is not the order in which we live today. You were created predominantly as a spirit being that lived in a bodily form that had the capacity to birth new ideas. But since the day of creation, there has been a disorder that was introduced to God’s perfect order and that came by way of Adam.

But we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves. What we want to establish in this first act of intimacy between the Holy Spirit and the earth, which is a living organism in and of itself by the way, but we explained that in order to say “this”. And the “this” is, the act that is happening between the Holy Spirit and the earth is a picture of how spiritual order is in all of us. The Holy Spirit is a picture of man, and the earth is a picture of a woman. (“Mother” nature, Mother earth) That’s the natural connection, the spiritual is, Adam represents my spirit, and Eve is a picture of my mind.

Heaven is First Born Over Natural
In Genesis, you see intimacy and alignment between spirit and natural. In the beginning, God created the “heavens and the earth”. Heaven comes before earth. Spirit has dominance over natural. The first-born always has the advantage over the rest. It’s the first-born that the double portion is assigned to. Everything that is naturally manifested has a spiritual significance. God created Adam and then he created Eve. Eve’s name was not given by God, but by Adam. God simply called Eve Adam. Adam simply means man with connotations or connections to the color red, or flesh. It was Adam who named Eve, Eve. Only the one in dominion can give a name to another.

Keep in mind, none of this has anything to do with a natural man, or a husband, being controlling over his wife. It isn’t very far from this act of intimacy that we also read where the man and woman become one flesh. A husband and wife are not to be seen as one a superior being over the other, they are to be seen as one person, one completes the other. So let’s get that out of the way here and now. Our objective is to illuminate the spiritual truth. And in this case, the spiritual picture is, Spirit is dominant over natural. And who is a spirit? Our creator. The Scripture makes this crystal clear that the Lord is a spirit and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, not control, but liberty; freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Waters = Semen
One last note before moving on. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters in looking up the word “waters” you will find, if you dig deeply enough into the origins of the words, that the word water is actually connected to our word for semen. Perhaps up to now, you may have been a bit guarded in taking in what’s been said on this matter. But perhaps, maybe for the first time of your spiritual experience, you are reading something that is not made up to fit a belief system or doctrinal mold. In fact, it’s just the opposite. In order for the writer to report this to you, the writers themselves also experienced a time where they had to decide whether to hang on what they were originally taught, or to let go of all of that and allow the Spirit to truly teach what was originally written. It does ruin you from returning to traditional thinking.

Waters = mayim
mah'-yim
Dual of a primitive noun (but used in a singular sense); water; figuratively juice; by euphemism urine, semen: - + piss, wasting, water (-ing, [-course, -flood, -spring]).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let there be light . . .before the sun, moon and stars were created, light was already manifesting. Some see this to be the illumination of Christ . . .but I would then ask, where was he before now? Was he not already there? If the world and everything in it was made "for" him, "through" him and "by" him, then light, if it is speaking of Christ, was already there before darkness.

So . . .was the earth created by light, and then became dark again? There's a word in that second verse that isn't the same as when that word is used in the rest of Scripture.

"And darkness WAS upon the face of the deep . . ." that word "was" . . .the original word given there is "Hayah" which literally means "became". Meaning that originally it was not in darkness, but it "became" that way. This is what they call the "gap" theory. It's to indicate that something happened between when the heaven and earth were first created in verse one, and when there was a declaration of "Let there be light" in verse three. There in the middle, something happened that caused the earth to "become" dark and void of life.

Do any of you have any thoughts on where the dinosaurs came from? I used to scoff and sneer at the scientists that believed the earth was hundreds of millions of years old . . . but if you look at this idea of the gap theory, it could very well fit in with that same theory. There could already have been life on this earth where animals lived in harmony "while" Adam and Eve were in the garden at the same time.

Remember when God created the animals . . .ALL of them were vegetarian. There was no death until after the fall. Death is the evidence of sin. Here's the theory. Before Adam was created, there "was" life on this earth in the form of what we now describe as dinosaurs. And before man, there was no sin, so in the same way the animals were created in the garden to be vegetarian, so to were these original beasts.

And Lucifer was given charge over the earth. (Remember I said this is the "theory") But when Lucifer attempted to overthrow God, he was cast down to the earth and because he had dominion there, what happened to him, affected what he was in charge of and the created beings became deformed and flesh-eating beasts, much like many of the animals we have now doing the same thing, just in a smaller scale than what was originally here before us. And at that point, the earth became dark and void until God brought it back to life for Adam to exist on.

That's why by the time Adam and Eve were created and placed in the garden, the serpent already existed. Satan had fallen before Adam and Eve were created and it happened there between verses one and three.

Now . . . I think the bigger lesson to learn here is, to note at how distracting embracing the literal rendering can be from seeing the inward application to what's been written.

Originally . . .well . . even now . . we are spirits having natural experience rather than souls having spiritual experiences. In the spirit, as spirits, our form is "light". I believe Jesus revealed what we really are on the mount of transfiguration when he "became light". We see various forms of that light in this realm in the sun, moon, stars, lightning and fire. But as spirits, we are all lights. Scripture even refers to false teachers as wandering stars . . .which would then also mean that teachers of truth are stars appointed in the heavens that remain constant, illuminating light upon the earth of men in their dark phases of their night.

So, as light bearers, we were ORIGINALLY such, then being born into this realm, we BECAME in darkness. It became our identity, but then the Holy Spirit hovered over our darkness, realigned our atmosphere, our ability to be creators became our new identity . . .the spirit moved upon the face (identity) of the waters (semen) and by his proclamation over us, light once again not only manifested, but even more astonishing was the fact that the charged atmosphere brought a transformation to our understanding, awareness and identity all at the same time. And as we walk in that light, we have the power to create in the same manner that he created us.

I believe that's what Jesus was doing when he taught us how to pray. "Thy kingdom . . COME . . .thy will be done ON THIS EARTH as it is in heaven. That's not a wish list, that's a permission to give the "command" for his finished work to manifest here . . . it's creating life on earth.

10 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Everyone,

I see Gen.1 as "The Redemption of Mankind" through The Sacrifice of God's Son...It's not about time as we view time, or how old this blue ball is, or the creation of the natural physical things around us...It's the timeline for The Salvation of All through His Spirit..

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I agree Nathan this word was and the phrase without form, and void, is important for us to note...
Something happened that caused this darkness for it was not created like this...

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
Same as vs. 2 Hebrew ..tohu..

Darkness - kho-shek'
From H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness: - dark (-ness), night, obscurity.

To my understanding there is only one place in scripture that speaks of how and who this came about through....and that is "NOT" the Devil "or is it?"....but Adam..the first man...

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa. is the famous verse that most today describe as speaking of the devil....but as you can see it plainly says that it is speaking of "A Man"....

I believe that the carnal mind came into existence here in verse 2 and that through Adam...Was it necessary for Adam to go into death...Yes...did the Seed within him have to go into the ground and die...lest it abide alone?....

Again I say the whole scenario of The Garden can be seen here in verse 2....it is our beginning....I don't see Adam as being all wise in Spiritual understanding....but with any wisdom he had it was perverted once iniquity was found in him....Remember he was "Naked and not ashamed" until he ate of the Tree....Naked in scripture always speaks of being unclothed with The Righteousness of God In Christ.....
But I get ahead of things...

If we keep in mind that this ch. speaks of our fall and Redemption and not about natural things...I think we'll see the fullness of His plan from the very beginning...All mankind created in His Image...and His likeness...and this after the darkness had come...

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

To me, if we want to know the End...then we are in the right place according to this declaration... Smile

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

11 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
One little extra thought,...I believe this speaks of "our earth" and that it... was meant to be inhabited...it was not created "Tohu" in vain...more than this physical earth we call the world... I don't know if I made that clear or not..

We were always meant to be inhabited by Our Father....

Blessings

12 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:59 pm

cross-eyed

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

In the natural . . . the only way to measure time is by the sun, moon and stars . . .and yet, There was a light and a darkness constituting the first "day". But it's not light and dark, it's morning and evening . . .it's sunRISE and sunSET. It's about Resurrection and Rest! THAT'S what constitutes a DAY . . .which is Christ!!

If you've watched the Rob Bell video, he speaks to how God spent the first three days dividing and the last three days refilling. He divided light from dark . .. he divided water and air, he divided land and sea. Then, in reverse order, he filled the land with plants and trees, he filled the sea with fish, he filled the air with birds and placed the sun, moon and stars to govern the light.

Like the division of air and water, He was buried beneath the waters, a river of death ("Jordan" means "descender") and as he came out the Holy Spirit manifested in the form of a bird of the air.

Like the division between land and water, He was buried in a tomb of death but transformed it into a river of life.

Like the division between light and darkness, Jesus divided the darkness from the light when he emptied himself for the darkness of man, he refilled man with resurrection light.

He the first three days, He emptied the world of the guilt and shame of sin . . .and like the last three days, He refilled it with the outpouring of his spirit into all flesh.

13 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Patrick1

I have a lot to say on this topic but everytime I sit down to write it my computer crashes. I am using my tablet to post this on my lunch at work, so I do not have much time to post. I have found out that my computer has caught a major cold and it willtake at least till next week before I can get it out. I just wanted you to know .

grace and peace Patrick

14 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:09 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
That's to bad Patrick, because I know you have a lot to say on this subject...I for one look forward to it...hoping you get it fixed soon...

Blessings

15 Re: Chapter 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 pm

God divided Himself, carved out (bara), in order to multiply. the subjection is the division, like the wife is subject to husband, eve comes from adam, church from christ,

16 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I like that Jeremy....God dispatched (bara)..His (self) to us...all in the definition of that word...Created...

baw-raw'
A primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes): - choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

'êth
ayth
Apparently contracted from H226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely): - (As such unrepresented in English.)

oth
Probably from H225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (literally or figuratively), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.: - mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.

Don't ya just love the Hebrew? Smile

Blessings

17 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:11 am

Yes Scherryl, and don't forget ath, oth, are the letters aleph-tau, aka alpha-omega. That is Himself.

18 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:26 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yes, for sure...The first and The last...The beginning and The End....of All things.

Blessings

19 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

cross-eyed

Patrick1 wrote:I have a lot to say on this topic but everytime I sit down to write it my computer crashes. I am using my tablet to post this on my lunch at work, so I do not have much time to post. I have found out that my computer has caught a major cold and it willtake at least till next week before I can get it out. I just wanted you to know .

grace and peace Patrick

I'm not sure yet, but I may have to get a new yahoo email account . . .I think my current one may have gotten hacked.

20 Re: Chapter 1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:01 am

klm4jc

Scherryl wrote:
I believe that the carnal mind came into existence here in verse 2 and that through Adam...Was it necessary for Adam to go into death...Yes...did the Seed within him have to go into the ground and die...lest it abide alone?....

Again I say the whole scenario of The Garden can be seen here in verse 2....it is our beginning....I don't see Adam as being all wise in Spiritual understanding....but with any wisdom he had it was perverted once iniquity was found in him....Remember he was "Naked and not ashamed" until he ate of the Tree....Naked in scripture always speaks of being unclothed with The Righteousness of God In Christ.....
But I get ahead of things...

If we keep in mind that this ch. speaks of our fall and Redemption and not about natural things...I think we'll see the fullness of His plan from the very beginning...All mankind created in His Image...and His likeness...and this after the darkness had come...

Hello all,

Love the topic and look forward to it shattering any preconceived ideas I may have. I know I have some and stand ready to challenge even those that I feel are of recent origin. I new that Scherryl would go here Surprised and I know we have all talked about this before in regards to Adam's nature before the fall and our relationship with the Father in the garden. There seem to be two schools of thought here. One is that this is a redemptive act which leads us back to a place we were in before the big fall, the other is a redemptive act that takes us to a place we would not be able to get to with the fall. I don't bring it up to be divisive in any way, I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out in our discussion of Genesis.

I didn't write this to really add to anything anyone has said so far, just thought it would be nice of me to let you all know that I am still alive and listening, with great expectations I might add. In case you were wondering.

Carry on.

Kevin

21 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 pm

cross-eyed

6 Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.” 7 And that is what happened. God made this space to separate the waters of the earth from the waters of the heavens. 8 God called the space “sky.”

And evening passed and morning came, marking the second day.

Any thoughts on what separating the waters from the waters means? A separation between the waters of the heavens . . .and a waters of the earth . . .Is this in correlation with what scripture states about the Word of God being sharper than any two-edged sword . . .DIVIDING bone and marrow, SPIRIT AND FLESH . . . .?

The waters above being spiritual, the waters below being flesh/natural On day two, the witness of 2 began to manifest. There's also another passage in Revelation where the great angel is making a decree with one foot in the water and the other on land. Perhaps it has to do with which dimension we're looking at it from I suppose.

Seeing this inwardly, I believe it does indeed have to do with a separation between all things spiritual and all things natural and in between the two is our "being". We are the "balance" between the two, same as the two trees in the garden being a "balance" of the garden and when we live and move and have our being in that balance, we flourish. But when we turn to the natural and feed it our dominion and authority, it throws the balance out of kilter which brings about dire consequences.

On the literal side of it, I believe the earth was originally encompassed by a frozen sphere of ice . . .the waters separated from the waters . . .remember, there was no direct sunlight on the earth until after the flood of Noah. Before then it was the dew that formed "on" the earth that watered the earth. The earth was one gigantic green house. Hard to imagine . . .but I believe it was there nonetheless.

A sunset and a sunrise . . .the end of the second day.

22 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 pm

cross-eyed

Day one, God divided light from darkness
Day two, God divided waters above from waters below
Day three . . .
9 Then God said, “Let the waters beneath the sky flow together into one place, so dry ground may appear.” And that is what happened. 10 God called the dry ground “land” and the waters “seas.” And God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation—every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.” And that is what happened. 12 The land produced vegetation—all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.

13 And evening passed and morning came, marking the third day.

Light from dark, waters above from waters below, waters below from land. There were plants and trees reproducing without "sun" light. Hmmm . . . Maybe we could call these days of creation, the 7 dimensions of Rest. The clarity of light manifests when separated from darkness. The clarity of the spirit manifests when the waters above (spiritual) are separated from the waters beneath (natural) New Life manifests when water and land are separated from each other.

Note also it wasn't declaring the waters to "recede" so land could be exposed. It was calling for a gathering of the waters into one place and land in another. The principles of the kingdom are "whole" in their original form, but in order to reproduce, they must first be divided, separated from their counter-balances. Light from dark, waters above from waters below, waters below from land . . .in the original state, everything that exists, does so as one . . .whole . . .mass. Spiritual and natural intertwined.

Everything we see now, we see as divided. We become divided in "how" we see what's been divided. But everything is still "whole", all the components are still there, it's just been . . .divided. Without the division, there's no reproduction.

I love the seed principles. When we plant seeds of life in one another, we tend to either look for, or celebrate in the immediate outcome of that seed when it takes root and grows into a totally different form of life. But the greater miracle is that new life form has literally thousands upon thousands of seeds that others can become implanted with and experience even greater multiplication of life. It's mind-numbing.

Unfortunately, the focus becomes so concentrated on trying to spread a seed to the largest mass of people we can gather together . . .like chickens in a barnyard. We just throw it out there and let them fend for themselves. We begin measuring our success by how many peeps we can get in a pew. And it becomes a numbers game rather than individual relationship and intimacy. So many seeds get trampled when we try to reach out in mass production.

Seeds are like embryos, they are the miracle of life, waiting to happen. They're not meant to be thrown out on the surface of the ground, but they're to be gently released "into" the heart of another by way of relationship. Religion has diluted the reproductive nature of true, intimate relationship of God in us. Jesus wasn't trying to reach the masses . . .he was trying to build personal relationships. If anything, he spent much of his time getting "away" from the masses.

We were created with the ability to allow others to eat of the fruit we've produced in our own natures, that also have the seed of that same nature in the fruit they partake of. I believe that's why our weapons are transformed into plowshares. We don't try to conform the seed to our own wants and control. We let the fruit be ripened through our maturity with the Father that brings a sweetness to our nature that others become interested and hungry for.

23 Re: Chapter 1 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm

cross-eyed

Day one . . .light from darkness
Day two . . . waters above from waters below
Day three . . waters below from land
Day four . .

14 Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years. 15 Let these lights in the sky shine down on the earth.” And that is what happened. 16 God made two great lights—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set these lights in the sky to light the earth, 18 to govern the day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fourth day.

"In" the space between the waters above and the waters below,let there be lights. To illuminate? no, to "govern". A greater light governs the day, the lesser light governs the night. The definition for that word "govern" in this translation, and "rule" in the King James is "dominion".

Hmmm . . . then this would also appear to be saying there are two lights in us as well, yes? Technically, it's only one light, and the other is a reflection of the first. But this isn't saying that one light will be a reflection of another light. If we based it solely on scripture . . .literally . . the moon would be considered a light source just as the Sun is, only not as bright.

But we're not to emphasize the natural, we can take it into consideration, but what we're pursuing is our home-tongue here. What's the spiritual message? In me there is a light that governs my night and another light that governs my day . . is this not the role of our soul and spirit? They work hand in hand but one is greater than the other. Should our soul not be a reflection of our spirit? As a man "thinks" so is he . . .we become what we behold.

The moon is only reflecting the suns light in it's fullness when the earth doesn't get in the way . . .there's a sermon for ya!!

24 Re: Chapter 1 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

cross-eyed

Day four . . filling the air above with sun, moon and stars
Day five . . filling the water and air below with life

20 Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird—each producing offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 Then God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.”

23 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day.

Within us there is "a" river that flows from above and separates into countless streams and springs that fills our nature, our land. These streams and springs within us are FULL of spiritual life. Life is "in" the waters within, and the waters bring forth life to whatever it touches.

Just as there are rivers and streams within us, so there is also the breath of life. "In" the breath within us, there is abundant life that rides on the very currents of the life force within us. All breath induces life. But it is the tongue that brings division. It's the most powerful and divisive weapon in our arsenal. It's controlled by our mind.

Interesting thing about our mind, our consciousness does not control our breath. We can hold our breath, but we can't hold it for long. Here's one . . . we literally have to make a conscious decision to hold our breath whenever we go "under water". For me, it's the same as taking captive our thoughts whenever we enter into the realm of spiritual truths. In order for these bodies to sustain, it requires both air and water, but neither at the same time. Even when you "drink" water, you have to hold your breath to do so. There is an order to every aspect of life.

Day 5 is the first of the last three days of the week. It is also the first day that God "blessed" it. As he did on the 6th and 7th as well. He didn't "bless" the previous 4 days. And I believe it has to do with Jesus himself. It was 4,000 years from Adam that Jesus manifested on the earth. He came on the 4th day . . .the same day that the sun, moon and stars were established; things that illuminate light. From that day on, the earth was blessed.

25 Re: Chapter 1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm

cross-eyed

Day four . . filling the air above with sun, moon and stars
Day five . . filling the water and air below with life
Day six . . .filling the land with animals and creation of man

24 Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened. 25 God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings[b] in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

27 So God created human beings[c] in his own image.
In the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

29 Then God said, “Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. 30 And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” And that is what happened.

31 Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!

And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.

There is a lot here to chew on so I want to break it down a little more and see what emerges.

4 Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened.

Bear in mind, from the very beginning, God is speaking to the atmosphere charged with energy that "he" released as the spirit moved upon the face of the deep. This is spiritual reconstructive surgery. Out of this charged atmosphere, he merely spoke the words and the quantum realm responded. I present it like this to reveal to all of us that as beings made in the same image, we too can also speak into this atmosphere and create life in the earth within us and around us as well. Especially within us.

What we speak inwardly to our earth has the same effects of what we're seeing here in Genesis. I personally believe this is where the "name it-claim it" mentality originated. They have the right idea, but unfortunately, their focus is more on the tangible "things" rather than spiritual positioning. We're all kings of our own inward domain. What we say goes. So much so that if we give attention to carnality, spirituality becomes suppressed by our decree.

That's why there are so many stories in scripture about people in bondage. It's what we do to the spirit within us every time we bow down to any other power other than the Father himself. That's why idolatry is such an intricate part of the relationship between Israel and God. It's not that God walks away because he didn't get his way. It's because he "is" THE way and when we choose another, we find ourselves in quagmire every time. But . . .I digress . . .

The one thing that jumps out at me in this verse is . . .animals were produced by the earth . . .they came out of the earth. What do all the animals represent? For me, they all represent individual natures within "me". Yup, that's right. Some days I feel like a lion on the prowl . . .other days I feel like the helpless fawn being stalked by a lion on the prowl. Some days I feel like I could fly on the currents of the wind if I should step off the edge of a building. Other days I feel like a mouse digging in for cover and only come out in the darkness of the night.

But nonetheless, God has orchestrated me in such a way that out of my earth, all of these animal, beastly natures are formed. And just as Adam did, my being has a connection, an identity with each one of them . . .but none of them are complete in and of themselves to make me whole. The only way I can be whole, is by marrying a part of myself that came from the very framework of who I am. Is this making any sense to anyone?

25 God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.

This tells me that even though I have all these beastly natures in me . . .it's still not a bad thing. It's a fragment of who I am. The problems arise when I allow a fragment become anything more than what it originally ever was. Every one of these natures are to be UNDER the authority of the Man within me. There's a balance to it all. And when I throw it out of balance, all hell breaks loose . . .literally . . .within me. But when everything is within the context of who I am, it is "good".

There's no evil, and there's no death . . .I'll get to that in a sec. But for now, know that when God called us into this realm . . .it was "good".

26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings[b] in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

I just want to reiterate what I stated earlier. It was the original order that the image of God in us would reign over all the other fragments of our nature that makes us "us". How many times have you heard sermons bearing down on you that you have to change this or that part of you because it was ungodly . . .really?

We're being told that the animals that God spoke into our earth to birth them out and saw that it was "good", now . . .a religious mindset is reversing all of that and telling us it was not good after all . . .it was "bad" to be angry. (for an example). But is anger evil? Scripture doesn't say we're not to get angry . . .it just says we're not to let the sun go down on our anger . . .that we're to be "slow" to become angry. Anger is a part of the nature of who we are. All we're really needing to do is keep it at a fragment within us and don't allow it to grow into anything more.

29 Then God said, “Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. 30 And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” And that is what happened.

Our "being" never originally was meant to live on flesh. We're to eat only things that, one, are planted, and two, carry reproductive seeds within them. Spiritual vegetarians. For me, to see this at all, is seeing the meat of Truth as referred to in Hebrews 5 and the beginning of Hebrews 6 speaking about the milk and meat. Ironic there just a bit, don't ya think? Typical kingdom thinking though. It's always flip-flopping what natural reasoning projects as a negative and it becomes a positive. Or vise-versa.

To eat flesh indicates a death occurred. Death is the evidence of sin. So is it any wonder that in the beginning, before sin manifested itself, man lived on fruit and plants of the field that were planted. No laboring as of yet. No cultivating the earth, poisoning weeds which has adverse affects on all other wildlife in the surrounding area. No dusty days of lack of rain, or worry about whether or not the fields will bring a harvest. All of that comes "after" the misalignment between man and God. but . . .come it does.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum