APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Matrix

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: The Matrix on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:Well I can only speak for "me". And all I can tell you is . . . I get uneasy when you guys aren't talking. I don't want this experience to just be a flash in the pan and when the newness wears off, people start conversing less and less frequently. I need you and you need me in order for the house that God builds to be complete!! drunken

You just said exactly what's been on my mind and heart!

27 Re: The Matrix on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:Well I can only speak for "me". And all I can tell you is . . . I get uneasy when you guys aren't talking. I don't want this experience to just be a flash in the pan and when the newness wears off, people start conversing less and less frequently. I need you and you need me in order for the house that God builds to be complete!! drunken

I absolutely agree Nathan, you had said something in your book about the seeds can only be planted as deep as the Relationship goes. I want us to build long lasting relationships with one another so that this can take place.

I just hope that when were quiet, it's just that we're spending time with family which is needed of course, or The Lord, so that when we do come together we have something to bring to the table.

Blessings Very Happy

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

28 Re: The Matrix on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:13 pm

LindaY

I know that "I" for one, needed to be here. I don't know that I've really ever been in a group of people that can deal with things that come up without getting angry and someone walking out or they end up not speaking. There are 1000s of voices always coming at us all day long and it's nice to hear encouragement and someone say "quiet the voices down" so you can hear (really hear). I know I needed to hear that. If it's admonishment Embarassed then, I needed it but it has been really good to hear others speak of the plan of God in something other than a negative way. When I go silent it's because I'm trying to hear what someone is saying at times rather than how I might be receiving it and have learned and am still learning sometimes if there is no peace with it, it's better to keep it zipped. I'm blessed to be here with you all. Smile

29 Re: The Matrix on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 pm

cross-eyed

Yeah, that's also one of the keys to keeping up when conversations on the board go the other way, it get's really deep, really fast and it's hard to absorb. Todd had tipped his hat to the idea as well on another conversation about it. And that's merely go in these kingdom things openly and don't let your head get too bogged down in the stuff that doesn't really jump out at you.

That's part of the reason why I've been posting chunks of different things . . .from my book, to the Revelation tape series to another, what I call "article" but I guess it's long enough to be a book as well. They're all different callibers of spiritual pools in which we can swimm in. I've got another one of Randall's series . . .nuts. . .can't remember the name of it. It's not nearly as large as the Revelation one is, but these are things that anyone can read at their own pace and on their own level and see what jumps out at them the most.

This is the first time I feel like there's a forum that fits "in" with the original concept of spreading the gospel . . .sharing pearls . . .uplifting one another. I beleive everything is built upon one-on-one relationships. People who are invited on here are those that have a relationship with someone here already. It's not just a hodge-podge, poke-n-hope type of communication, but it's one that is based on relationships. I do beleive the message is for the masses, but the most effecient way to reach the masses, is through one relationship at a time.

I beleive that's what Jesus did the most, he built relationships through which healing/revelation/deliverance flowed. This is a place where we can share and compare the pearls of God that have formed within us and not worry about vultures coming along and picking apart that which is precious to us. Most open forums aren't like that at all. You have to be much more agile to plant and move . . plant and move. Should you camp ont on a topic, it won't be long before someone shows up with a scapple . . .is that spelled right?

30 Re: The Matrix on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 pm

LindaY

cross-eyed wrote:Yeah, that's also one of the keys to keeping up when conversations on the board go the other way, it get's really deep, really fast and it's hard to absorb. Todd had tipped his hat to the idea as well on another conversation about it. And that's merely go in these kingdom things openly and don't let your head get too bogged down in the stuff that doesn't really jump out at you.

That's part of the reason why I've been posting chunks of different things . . .from my book, to the Revelation tape series to another, what I call "article" but I guess it's long enough to be a book as well. They're all different callibers of spiritual pools in which we can swimm in. I've got another one of Randall's series . . .nuts. . .can't remember the name of it. It's not nearly as large as the Revelation one is, but these are things that anyone can read at their own pace and on their own level and see what jumps out at them the most.

This is the first time I feel like there's a forum that fits "in" with the original concept of spreading the gospel . . .sharing pearls . . .uplifting one another. I beleive everything is built upon one-on-one relationships. People who are invited on here are those that have a relationship with someone here already. It's not just a hodge-podge, poke-n-hope type of communication, but it's one that is based on relationships. I do beleive the message is for the masses, but the most effecient way to reach the masses, is through one relationship at a time.

I beleive that's what Jesus did the most, he built relationships through which healing/revelation/deliverance flowed. This is a place where we can share and compare the pearls of God that have formed within us and not worry about vultures coming along and picking apart that which is precious to us. Most open forums aren't like that at all. You have to be much more agile to plant and move . . plant and move. Should you camp ont on a topic, it won't be long before someone shows up with a scapple . . .is that spelled right?

It's being set up perfectly in my eyes. There are several threads here that I'm interested in and have seen before but never knew how to put it into words the way that many of you have and then, there are some that are new to me. I know there is much more and I want to go there, even if there are bumps along the way. All is good. It all came together so smoothly that I can't help but believe there was a good reason for all of it.

31 The Matrix on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Hibbs

Woke up this morning with a nudge to review this thread. I didn't realize that I had overlooked David's initial links so took the time to view. The first one (about the Matrix) suggests that our consciousness is the issue and in the middle there is a picture of a brain glistening with light synapses. It struck me very strongly that this was a picture of the God of this age. If I just see enough then I will create my own universe and our collective consciousness is what has created this present world. As with all deception, there is a kernel of truth that makes the false appear true. It is with the mind and the intellect that we oppose God because then we can somehow have a measure of control. Think of what we mean when we say that someone is "out of control." We idolize the intellect of man and think that the accomplishments of science are due to study and originate out of the genius of man...we "evolve" into higher and higher dimensions.

In the study of physics and molecular theory we have concluded that things proceed from order to randomness. Chaos gradually ensues and yet from the presentation, you would find yourself "chasing your tail" or "running in circles" trying to come to a logical conclusion that rectifies this principal with the idea that we have gotten smarter over time because of our conscious development. While the mind is involved in our progress, the mind of man can never embrace the wisdom of God. While indicated as feminine in Proverbs, I believe that wisdom resides in the soul of God. The soul of God would equate to the Spirit as the Spirit glorifies the Son and the Son glorifies the Father. James said we would be given wisdom if we would ask and it is the Spirit that can make our understanding fruitful. Our mind being part of our soul cannot function properly apart from submission to the spirit. Our bride must submit to her husband. The issue of gender goes back to some of our other struggles concerning how we try to use language and symbols to express spiritual truth. The point that I was trying to make is that apart from God...who upholds all things by the word of His power...chaos can only result. "In Him all things consist." Does this mean that everything in nature discloses an aspect of Him? I believe so and that the intriguing discoveries of science, rather than denying God, only establish the reality of the greater dimension of the Matrix, the circle within a circle or the dimension within which the dimensions of space and time exist.

Royal Rife was a man ahead of his time and understood that every molecule resonates at a certain frequency. He developed a machine that could tune light impulses and sound to resonate at varying frequencies and stop cancers and other disease processes. Words resonate...we even say that some words "resonated with me" which is another way to say that they touched our inner man or spirit. They went off inside and produced a change. Dr. Isao Aoki (I hope I've spelled his name correctly) studied the "structure" of water and made some very interesting discoveries. I suggest you look up water structure or his name and you will see how different words and even emotions impact upon water molecules. The chemistry of the water itself was not changed but the water molecule (when frozen quickly) would form different shapes depending upon the words and emotions or music to which they were subjected immediately before. He also found that water that is handled smoothly had a different structure to water that was subjected to harsh angles. Once you realize that we are 70% water, then you can see how words, thoughts, emotions and environment can affect our physical condition.

The point that I am struggling to make in all of this is that the subtlety of the difference between new age thought and the kingdom, is a fine line between our world being the product of what we think versus what has been revealed as truth in our spirit...our inner man...our holy of holies...etc. "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he" is a truth that gets perverted if we equate the mind of man with the heart. What we think in our "heart of hearts" gradually appears on the outside. There have been some excellent studies that have shown that our physical bodies actually have three brains: our cerebellum, the septum of the heart and our stomach. All of them have the power to originate impulses that impact on the rest of the nervous system and thus our body. We have been given a glimpse into this idea in the verse that says that "out of their belly shall proceed rivers of living water". So too, fear strikes the gut and generates adrenalin. Faith brings peace and keeps the body in homeostasis. All of it is interconnected.

Our intellect hungers for stimulation and excitement and thus we head for Cedar Point or some other place where we can defy the laws of gravity and subject ourselves to greater and greater trauma...no wonder we have a pill-popping generation of xanax, vicodin, anti-depressants, and on and on. Our children sit in front of video games that subject them to the same intense trauma (real or imagined) that produces PTSD in our military and is resulting in the highest suicide rates in our country's history (unless possibly during the depression era). All because we do not understand how to "guard our heart for out of it proceed the issues of life." Bungy cords, extreme sports, and all of the other things (seven mountains and traffic jams on Mount Everest) are a reflection on how lost this world has become.

Contrast all of this with the result of watching the other link of the Chinese pastor from Singapore who demonstrates through the ancient Chinese language how the message of the gospel is "hidden in plain sight". If we have eyes to see in the spirit, everything changes from chaos into order, from trauma into healing, from fear to faith and from confusion to peace. These things can never be accomplished through the mind of man but only in the heart of God. In our spirit, I believe that there is encoded a memory of where we originated. The circumstances of life have made it distant and man's reasonings have clouded it but yet it remains. The more that we turn from the feeding of our flesh on the wisdom of man which God says is foolishness; to the wisdom of God which is pure, peaceable and easy to be entreated, the more that life will triumph over death.

There are things that have been written in this thread that are not appreciated at the level of our natural understanding. When I look at Wayne Dyer or David Icke or many of the other intellects that are part of the religion of this age, I can glean some truth but the deception is so enticing. Maybe, just maybe...if I ponder these things long enough and eat of this tree, I can be like God....or...not.

32 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:41 am

We have more seratonin receptors in our gut than in our skull. Butterfly's in your stomach, gut feelings, mothers intuition. All are our enteric brain speaking.

As to being like God. So many say that that is the mantra of the new age movement. And it is, but they say through human potential. Christians say oh that is blasphemy to say we will be like God. But I don't think they've ever read, "when it is revealed we will be just like Him because we will see Him face to face". Or "we are being transformed into his image from glory to glory". New Age is right in our destination, wrong in the means. Christianity is wrong in the destination, but right in the means (well sorta kinda at least).

And of course we were one with Him from the foundation so...

33 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:52 am

Yes, His revelation to us is so rich, Linda! But as I was penning this response, your post just seems to have disappeared. Am I confused or is this just the general chaos that goes with computerdom?

The Great Pyramid in Giza has held my interest for quite some time. I read a book almost thirty years ago by Raymond Capt called The Great Pyramid Decoded and was blown away by the revelations written into this structure by its Architect. No reasonable person could study this pyramid and deny the existence and sovereignty of God, of Jesus, or the divinity of scripture. Mr. Capt spoke about dimensions of length, height, weight, temperature, etc. which accurately reflected the dimensions of our planet. He also spoke of measuring the lengths of the various passages within the pyramid which spoke prophetically of events to come, most notably the dispensation of the law and the sacrifice of Christ. Unfortunately, I don't have this book any more, but here is a webpage that generally speaks to this subject. You may find it interesting. I believe that it is this pyramid which is referred to in Isaiah:

(Isa 19:19) In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border.

Thank you for sharing this one, Linda! I really appreciate how the Pleiades fit into this puzzle, but that is a story for another day. . . Very Happy

Mark spoke of water, and I am reminded of something that happened to me a couple years ago. It was at work, a few days after my employer had installed an intercom system so they could blast music at us throughout the warehouse. The speakers were not what I would consider "high-fidelity" and I could barely make out most of the songs: they sounded like all that much noise to me. But there were a couple songs that just kind of "caught" me and I found myself enticed by them. At the end of my shift at 1:30am, I walked out to the parking lot with my brother Forrest who is a christian musician. I was telling him of my experience that night and we spoke of the "hook" that comes with some songs, as well as how music seems to be such a great teacher. I can remember songs I haven't heard in well over thirty years, right down to every single note and pause. And I might not have even heard the song except for riding home on the bus from school! We spoke about how music seemed to be very important to the Lord, and I shared with Forrest one of my pet theories regarding creation. Here it is, in a nutshell. It is generally accepted that God spoke creation into being. I postulate that rather than a simple spoken word, that matter was likely created through a song. It is well known that a solute can be precipitated out of solution by sound waves, and I can see matter being "precipitated" from energy by the vibrations of God's music. It is just a thought, and I think a lovely one, but it is what happened next after Forrest and I bid each other good morning that really blew my mind. I got into my truck for the drive home, put the key in the ignition and started it, and the radio was already on and tuned to the local radio station. The program playing at that hour is Coast to Coast AM and I was immediately listening to the last part of an interview with Dr. Len Horowitz and he was talking about precisely the same thing that I was speaking with Forrest about moments earlier! I'd worked with Forrest for almost three years and we'd never had that conversation before. Is that weird or what? I would think, "What a coincidence!" But I don't believe in coincidences any more, there are just too damned many of them. I like to believe that when the Lord lays one of those unlikely providential alignments on me that He is just encouraging me to continue along a path in which He approves. There may be other explanations, and I am open to hearing them.

So I started checking out some of Dr. Horowitz' research and it led into some very interesting areas. Turns out, like your pyramid researchers, Linda, musical frequencies are very important to our being and can bring healing or harm to us depending on which frequencies are employed. In latter years, music has become a weapon in the hands of TPT^3B. Not for us to fear, for perfect love, of course, leaves no room for such. But more importantly knowing this gives us opportunity to manifest more Love and healing. Science has even discovered that the right frequencies can heal damaged DNA. A quick search brings up one possible page to begin research into these beneficial and ancient frequencies, but this is only a start. I wouldn't want this to become too much of a distraction to you, but it is kind of cool to be able to anticipate one possible mechanism by which the Lord may undo this mess we have gotten ourselves into. It's possibly the same means by which He created us in the first place!

Like Jeremy, I have discovered quite recently that I do not fear new agers, any more than I fear muslims. The Lord has His plans for us all, and we will all be partakers in the restoration of all things.

34 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 am

cross-eyed

I remember a "new age" conversation that surfaced over at Tent, and I'm currently of the same opinion now that I was then and that is . . . I "am" a new ager myself. Anyone with a renewed mind is of a new age. Anymore, whenever the mainline church condemns something or someone, I almost automatically find myself doing just the opposite . . on purpose. They rebuke new-agers as false teachers and mystics. I "am" a new ager, hungry for the mysteries to be revealed not just to me, but to all . . .ALL . . .

35 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am

Long2JC

Hibbs wrote:The point that I am struggling to make in all of this is that the subtlety of the difference between new age thought and the kingdom,

Mark this is an area that we all need to be aware of.

Not from the stand point of restriction, but to be aware of the strategy of deception and distraction.

As the Lord continues to take us deeper into His truths and we share these truths with those around us, we all have to be aware that the line of discernment becomes finer in how we receive it. If we feel that we don’t have the foundation to understand what is being spoken the Holy Spirit will provide direction.

As mankind continues to discover more about God’s creative designs, they assume that if they have the information, they can adapt it to their own interaction with it.

We need to seek which things that can be used by us and which things are just for understanding of how creation works. Just like God’s revealing things to us privately that is not meant to be released to others because they do not have the spiritual foundation to receive and grow. For some can be distracted away from the path the Lord has them on and being distracted can fall into being deceived.

There are those who are taking our understanding about frequencies and water and creating interaction with it, some for the purposed of healing and some for marketing products. They know that it might work, but not how or the consequence of using something they don’t understand the reaction of their manipulation of it.

Working in the prayer rooms with people has opened my eyes to how awesome God’s healing processes are when we take our hands off and allow God to apply the healing. I also have seen the effects of well-intentioned folks trying to bring healing to others in need by what they have been taught and these are Godly people who desire to be used of God in helping people.

What I am saying is that I agree with your concern and I believe that it is becomes even more important as we delve deeper into the things of God.

I believe that for a lie to exist there has to first be a truth to be manipulated. Deception is just a believable lie.

36 The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am

Hibbs

Now we see in part...but oh how often we think we "know". 1 Cor 8:2 says: "If any man thinks he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know." In our quest and hunger for God we learn some things along the way. In the process the line between natural things and spiritual things becomes thinner and thinner. In fact, it seems to me like the line is only imaginary since ultimately all things are upheld by the Word of His power. The natural things only confirm the spiritual. As we see these things we place interpretations upon what we see...beginning with the superstition of ignorance and, hopefully, coming into the peace of understanding.

I started to post earlier and pasted in a paragraph from the link that David attached. It jumped into the wrong place and trying to fix it, the post became such a mess that I laid it aside to pray. There are truths everywhere and we miss so many when we think we "know better". Energy is just such a concept. Resonance, sound, emotions, all of these interrelated parts of life function at a level that we are only beginning to correlate with the truth of the Bible and our own experience. Emotions "emote" an energy...we may not see it but we sure can feel it. We talk of going into an emotionally charged atmosphere and indeed this is true. I sometimes have to go to the Friend of the Court division of the Family Court and can tell you that it is a dark place of pain and torment where parents fight over children and damage each other not realizing the damage they do to their children.

The last paragraph from the new age article contained in David's link says:
"It’s all about assisting other people. It’s not to be their "Healer," but to assist them in knowing who they are and connecting with their true Source. It is about providing an atmosphere of non-judgement, a Sacred Space, for the purpose of healing themselves. We should be continuously teaching while assisting people. The old paradigm teaches us to keep the information among the professionals. The new paradigm is to share the information, and empower the client. Everyone you work with—whether it’s Reiki, Massage, Tuning Forks or other modalities you are using, you should feel that you’ve empowered that person, so they can extend this information to someone else. Healing has become about our evolution by reconnecting our additional strands of DNA. Healing is also about assisting the person in restoring themselves to a state of "Spiritual Wholeness."

While I again take issue with the idea that we can somehow "restore ourselves" or even that the modalities are all that effective, there is still something written here that the church needs to receive. There is a wholeness that will not come as long as we marginalize other people's understanding and discard the truths that they have discovered along the way. We need not fear learning from them but we do not want to move the ancient landmarks in the process. These things, when understood through the spirit, do not contradict the Bible but rather serve to clarify and confirm the truth.

37 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Hibbs wrote:...While I again take issue with the idea that we can somehow "restore ourselves" or even that the modalities are all that effective, there is still something written here that the church needs to receive. There is a wholeness that will not come as long as we marginalize other people's understanding and discard the truths that they have discovered along the way. We need not fear learning from them but we do not want to move the ancient landmarks in the process. These things, when understood through the spirit, do not contradict the Bible but rather serve to clarify and confirm the truth.

This confirms exactly where He seems to be leading me. I liked that last paragraph too, Mark. But if you will dissect the entire article I'm sure you will find some pieces which can quite easily be labeled as 'junk.' (At least at this stage in our evolving understanding.) I just have to trust the Spirit to show me what is useful and what is not. Or, as a wise philosopher friend once todd me, "You need to eat the grapes and spit out the seeds." And this applies regardless of the source. It can be a new-age article, a historical essay, or an analysis by a respected biblical commentator. Fact is that we are called to suspend judgement--at least for now--and we can trust Him that He would not have brought us this far only to let us fall. Sure takes away a lot of the fear, doesn't it?

I wonder if it is what we teach that is so much more critical to fear than what we learn, "we do not want to move the ancient landmarks..." When we encounter new "knowledge," we confirm or disqualify it with what we read in scripture. I would say also to compare it with the mileposts He has helped us set up in our walk with Him, but these do not seem to be as well-established as scripture. I am finding myself more or less in the business of slaying "sacred cows." Especially my own. I am learning something about how my brain works. While some may be able to take a thing that is said and remember it easily, for me, I have found that I need to find a place where it "fits" before I can own it. This process sets me up for much dogma along the way. The Lord showed me a thing and I made an idol of it, whereas He may have only intended it as a marker to get me to that next step, or precept in my understanding. Now, those mileposts seem to be coming down at a rapid pace. Especially where they concern my own inaccurate interpretation of scripture.

38 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Hibbs

I was just recalling how trees have been landmarks and that the greatest landmark of all is still the cross. It stands at the intersection of New Age/New World Order and the Age of the Kingdom of God. So many are enemies of the cross, trying to preserve their lives. In this one point lies all the difference.

39 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Hibbs

David...I have been discussing the issue of "judgment" with some of my friends. It is one of those two edged swords that pose such a mystery. How do we judge and yet not judge? Judge not lest you be judged. Judge yourself.. The spiritual man judges all things yet he himself is not judged. How do we rectify these things???

Wisdom is the principal thing, get wisdom and with all thy getting get understanding too. Since we know that wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable and easy to be entreated, we find that we are all on the road named "unveiling" or Revelation. Gradually the veil of the flesh is taken away and when we try to remove too much at one time, it is like pruning a tree too aggressively....it goes into shock and doesn't produce in the next season.

We need to judge while not being judgmental. We need not try to correct all that we see since often it is like casting pearls of wisdom before swine, but that does not mean that we are to accept all that is set before us. That is the main problem with the world.

40 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

This is the hardest one for me, Mark. We will judge with Christ, but only once we have lost our own heads and are wholly established in His body and accepting of His headship. In other words, we and He are one, in total agreement, and we fully manifest His heart and His mind. We will say only the things we hear our Lord speak. We will judge as He judges, and then, never to condemn. I know I am not qualified for that work yet, not until I have put on incorruption in place of this corruption that I now witness, so it is better for now to just suspend judgment.

Wish me luck with that!

41 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Hibbs wrote:We need to judge while not being judgmental. We need not try to correct all that we see since often it is like casting pearls of wisdom before swine, but that does not mean that we are to accept all that is set before us. That is the main problem with the world.

Is the problem with the world in accepting all that it sees, or is it in rejecting the cross?

42 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Long2JC

[quote="DavidHarreld
Is the problem with the world in accepting all that it sees, or is it in rejecting the cross?[/quote]

I think the problem is that the world accepts all it sees because it can understand that with their mind or at least control it.

For some it is not rejecting the Cross because what it stands for has been watered down so much by man to make it more comfortable for the sake of evangelism and money. They are just blinded by what they want to hear and think they can have both.

They think that the Cross is something that happens in the future, so it can be put off. They do not realize that the Kingdom is today. That the full measure of what Christ has done for us is active today and not only at some future date.

43 The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Hibbs

That kind of takes us back to the garden and the two trees. Were there two or was it one (kind of like the two edged sword)?? Do we approach the Bible for the knowledge that we can obtain? Or do we allow it to kill our own flesh and bring us through death into life?? Isn't the cross the tree of life?

If so, then when we eat of the tree instead of embracing it, it is kind of like trying to eat our own fruit. The tree produces life for others and when we are dying (says Paul) it is so that others might live. When we lose the plumb bob (for the cross marks the spot) we can no longer discern correctly. If we eat of the lie that we can be like God...accepting all that is set before us from the king's dainties to evolution to political correctness, to whatever; opening our heart to all that the world provides; it is not long before we cannot see truth for all of the lies and deception that are growing within. We begin to measure our lives by the abundance of the things we possess rather than the relationships we have been permitted to experience...culminating in the relationship with our Heavenly Father. I am mindful of the counterfeit...how we measure our lives by the number of friends we have on facebook. Isn't that the world's definition of success. Don't even pastors gather together and the first question is: "How many are you running?". It isn't just the cows in the barn that have a pecking order, we do the same as long as we are in Adam.

In Adam all die but in Christ all are made alive...this is the point of judgment...Are we becoming the voice of knowledge or are we becoming the voice of wisdom? Is there compassion in our heart for those that are lost? Or simply judgment that they are lost? If we have learned something of the truth, then maybe, just maybe, we can be lights in a dark place and, rather than cursing the darkness and pointing out the dark, maybe we can be lights pointing to the Light.

44 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

LindaY

Hi David,

I removed the post. After I posted it and there was no response, I began to question if there was something that God was showing me that was meant only for the growth He is causing inside of me and not meant for everyone. Thank you for providing the additional links.

Having said that, the video spoke to me in many ways. It's not about what the message was that the video was trying to convey or the ancient belief systems in Egypt. When I watch these things, if they don't agree with the word that God has given us from the beginning, He has brought me to a place, like you where I spit out the seeds and take what He is revealing to me in relationship to Him and leave the rest. That's why I removed the post. In an earlier post, I had made a statement that I felt He had been moving me into. That is this: if there is anything that should cause someone to take away false ideas of things that come from my mouth and is a lie, it's a very serious thing to me. I have learned over the last few years that I am no teacher. There are times when things that have been written are a conglomeration of things put together that have brought me to the place He has me now and if it can't be clearly put forth so that others can understand what He has shown me with clarity, I am to keep my mouth shut. That's why I deleted the post. What I had taken away from all of the video is this, He brought His people out of Egypt and although there may be much history there, it has been covered over by the sands of time for a reason and the cutting off of those things by the Egyptian authorities (which they have their own reasons) were for a reason that some don't understand but, to me, when He has hidden something it is for our protection. The living breathing rocks that were spoken of in the video really struck a place in me that brought other scriptures to life from HIS word. And, the colorful places of energy that show up in the pictures taken when near these places made me realize there are things in His creation that we can't see but it doesn't mean they aren't there. It also made me realize that with all the knowledge that I've thought I had in the past, it means nothing. How much more is there that we don't know? For me, I believe it will all be revealed in His timing, what He wants us to know.

Many times, I read things, not because it's something I personally believe but to find out why others believe as they do. The one thing in the video that the old Egyptian archaeologist said was about the 7 senses, i.e., 2 ears, 2 eyes, 2 holes in our nose, and ONE mouth. The scripture came to mind when he said that from Paul about having our senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Lately, He has brought scriptures to me and they have been spoken from so many different avenues and sources. So, I'm thinking, ok God, there is something you're wanting to get my attention about here so, I begin to listen and ask Him to reveal to me what it is He's wanting me to know about Him through these verses. Or, as you say, songs, music, trees, etc.

I don't feel that I'm a very intellectual individual. That being said, there are many in here who are and I have to sit with a dictionary to understand some of the words spoken. Science was NOT one of my favorites and even the KJV is something I've had to really wrestle with. Since I was brought up and taught that it's absolutely KJV or nothig at all, having that belief drilled into me over my years of growing up there was much that was missed. For instance, what the heck is lasciviousness? That's just one word that I didn't understand among many. What has been revealed to me through Him and the things around me has lead me into more truth than much study over ancient writing forms, the King's English, etc. What I did find was that when I looked at the Greek translations and the Greek words was that, having been a medical transcriptionist, many words derived from the Greek are actually medical terms that are used and have helped me develop an understanding of something that I thought I knew and realized I didn't know. Now, I understand why He had me in this line of work in the past and it was all related to body parts and words put together to form a meaning of those parts.

There is much coming into being now, that I feel lost in the conversations but, yet, just trusting that He will have me know the things He wants for me today and will bring others together in His timing, still realizing that if there is any blindness to other things, it's His protection for me because for whatever reason, He's not ready for me to understand it yet. As long as I rest in that, it brings peace and trust in Him, loving and caring for His creation until He has prepared us to accept the place He has us in for a purpose.

Anyway, thank you for your links. I've always been interested in mythology. I'm not sure why but, His word made it clear for me that these gods they speak of as "myth" I am beginning to see they were not myths at all but, I believe they are real people that each culture made into a god, elevating them into positions they were never supposed to be elevated to, carving out images of them in many cases. When Paul spoke of them trying to make him and Barnabus gods:

Ac 14:12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

These are mentioned in Greek "mythology". I know all of this is knowledge but, it's not knowledge of good and evil that is what I'm seeking but, knowledge of God and Christ that I'm seeking a more intimate relationship with who He is and He will bring all things to light for everyone in His time.

Thanks David and it seems there is agreement here on many things with all the posts in this thread. Bless you all!

Last edited by LindaY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : left out exercised)

45 The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Hibbs

So often we have heard of the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ in how that He died on the cross in our place so that we wouldn't have to. How nice and high sounding such statements seem, especially when they proceed from the robed priest standing above us in a golden pulpit accompanied by a large pipe organ or a Hammond B3. The choir that prepared the stage and all of the consumer friendly trappings that make today's gospel so easy to digest all cry out that this must be the truth...come to Jesus and you will be blessed.

Well indeed, blessed you shall be.... after the cross and the crucible have completed their work. This is not a gospel for the faint of heart. It is a challenge to enter covenant with the God of the universe and He is a jealous God by His own statement. He wants all of the lamb consumed. He wants all of our lives transformed. He will have all men to be saved...even if they have to go through "hell" to get there.

Sweet to the tongue, bitter to the belly; bitter to the tongue, it shall be sweet when it gets down within. If this gospel is too sweet, the eater cannot stand. Jesus said (just before the cross) to eat of His body and drink of His blood...what a bitter thought...and yet...this is the way into life. The honey was found in the belly of the dead lion and our lives will not emit honey as long as it is the old nature that lives. Mangy Adam will never produce the life that we look to see.

46 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm

LindaY wrote:I removed the post. After I posted it and there was no response, I began to question if there was something that God was showing me that was meant only for the growth He is causing inside of me and not meant for everyone.

I am sorry I took so long to get back to you, but at over three hours it was the longest video I'd viewed in ages. I tried to view it the night you posted after Hollis went to bed but fell asleep myself about ten minutes into it. It wasn't until yesterday when I could find the time look at it and then I had to take it in two parts. It was a surprise when I replied and it was gone!

Like I mentioned earlier, I have been interested in this pyramid for many years. Not only this pyramid but many other things that churchier folks might call "pagan," but that the Lord has shared with me in bringing me to this place where He has me now.

47 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:07 pm

LindaY

Yes, I realize it was long. Sorry it was deleted. I know sometimes I'm motivated by fear and that's not of Him. He's healed me of much of this but I know there is still some there, for whatever reason but, also am trusting He will heal me of all of it.

48 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

LindaY wrote:...am trusting He will heal me of all of it.

You can certainly hang your hat on that! Very Happy

49 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

cross-eyed

DavidHarreld wrote:This is the hardest one for me, Mark. We will judge with Christ, but only once we have lost our own heads and are wholly established in His body and accepting of His headship. In other words, we and He are one, in total agreement, and we fully manifest His heart and His mind. We will say only the things we hear our Lord speak. We will judge as He judges, and then, never to condemn. I know I am not qualified for that work yet, not until I have put on incorruption in place of this corruption that I now witness, so it is better for now to just suspend judgment.

Wish me luck with that!

I'd like to get back to the "judging" issue a bit because it is one that the church as a whole seems to have misunderstood as well.

We were just discussing this on this forum about the fact that it's not our actions that gains us righteousness, yes? "When" we judge another . . .what is it that causes us to judge? Is it not their "actions"? This is one that I tend to bark on a lot due to the fact that most Christians assume they have free license to judge those living in sin.

If we truly believe grace over-rides sin, then why the need to judge at all? Where is the line drawn? By their fruits you'll know they're my disciples . . . Okay, by their actions you can discern where their heart is. Then what? Is it up to us to approach them and turn them back toward the center of the road again? Or could it be that's actually the Holy Spirit's job "in" them?

This is really the core-reason why I was tossing out there the idea as to why Jesus never "judged" Judas. If he had, then he would have had to done the same thing to the rest of the riff-raff disciples he'd hand-picked because none of them were the epitome of what a true "religious" disciple should be in the first place.

Judgment was already given in the spirit from the foundation of the world . . .and Judgment manifested on the cross that delivered man from Adam to the end of time as we know it. There's another double-edge sword. The cross cut the chords of bondage both in the past and in the future of man's existance. "If" judgment has been released through the cross, and we see that redemption doesn't come by what we do, but by who He is . . . then where is this license we place upon ourselves to judge the actions of others in the first place?

50 Re: The Matrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm

I may say that I do not "judge," but merely "discern the spirits," whether they be of God or not. But I enter into a danger zone here, too. On the one hand, someone is likely going to be injured by my pontification, especially if this happens to be a "spirit" that he possesses and has perhaps become fond of. And I wonder if Christ's parable about the wheat and tares might be telling on this point:

Mat 13:24-30 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; (25) but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. (26) But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. (27) So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' (28) He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' (29) But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. (30) Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' "

I, for one, do not want the job of "reaper," and definitely not before the time He has appointed!

There is one other pit that I can anticipate in this. What is this "blasphemy against the Spirit" that Jesus speaks of?

Mat 12:25-32 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. (26) If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? (27) And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. (28) But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. (29) Or how can one enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. (30) He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad. (31) "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. (32) Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

The thought has come to me that Jesus is speaking of our crediting a work of God to Satan. I do not know this to be true and I rather hope that it isn't, for I can remember times when I have thought I was witnessing the devil in an evil act against God and come to find out that it was God Himself Who caused it to be after all. Maybe this is the truth of it in all cases, for is our God not sovereign? Again, I hope I have this wrong, for the thought of unforgiven sin seems unbearable. Somebody help me to understand this another way if it is possible.

Last edited by DavidHarreld on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum