APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Twenty Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Twenty Two on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am

cross-eyed

Revelation 14
1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God. 6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. 8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle

We’ve covered all but the last couple verses of this and I have to touch on verse 13 especially because it’s just something that seems to be jumping off the page to me right now. “Blessed are the dead”. Let me give you the point of view most will describe this to mean. They’ll tell you that it’s one of two things, if not both. First, it’s saying that when these events unfold, all the curses and plagues that are to come during the 7-year tribulation, that you’ll be better off being dead than alive because of all the pain and persecution that will be going on around you. Secondly, those that are dead after Christ are blessed because before Christ, you went to purgatory, after Christ, you go to heaven.

Now, I’m hoping you quickly grasp that both are wrong. When we’re looking at this through spiritual eyes, we should understand that when Jesus was calling out disciples, aside from the 12, there was one that approached him and stated that his father had just died and he wanted to bury him first and Jesus response was, “Let the dead bury the dead.” What’s he saying? Let those that are spiritually dead, bury their own dead. Remember, everything Jesus said and did was in the spirit realm, not the natural.

So, it’s no different here, those that are blessed are not those that die a natural death, but those that have died a spiritual death. Those that die “in the Lord”. You give way to all your carnal tendencies and you take on the identity of Christ. And when you experience that kind of death, you also understand the latter part of the verse where it says “that they may rest from their labor”. This again is not a natural rest that takes place in the physical death, but it is Hebrews 4, a spiritual place of rest.

Remember the Picture is in the Spirit
John saw this by the spirit as he was in the spirit on the Lord’s day as it said in the 1st chapter of Revelation. That’s how he saw it. You can’t see these things we’ve been considering in Revelation if you do not come into the spirit of the Lord’s day that we’ve said so much about. When it says that he saw him on a white cloud one sat like unto the Son of Man having a crown on his head. He is seeing in spirit dimension how that Jesus as he was ascended on mount Zion in the opening verses of this same chapter, now he’s sitting upon a cloud.

Again, The Cloud is Those That Are With Christ “In Spirit” (physically dead)
Remembering now, that all along when he speaks of this cloud, we have through out Scripture the reference and evidence that this cloud represents the collective body of Christ, the church of the Lord Jesus. And just for a refresher, I’ll throw out Hebrews 12 that says this very same thing.

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

When going back into the end of chapter 11, you’ll quickly realize that this cloud of witnesses he’s referring to are the believers that have gone on before us, the old Patriarchs as well as all believers. It threatens your preconceived ideas of what and where heaven is. We are encompassed, or amphitheatered about, we who are here now are still playing out the game of life but we’re surrounded by others who have already finished the course as Paul speaks of in Timothy and now they sit in the amphitheaters of heaven watching us and we are seeing them described as the great cloud of witnesses. Clouds in Scripture often are typical, or a type of the manifest presence of God.

The Cloud’s Trail Through Scripture
There is the manifest presence of God coming in a cloud whenever we see the children of Israel being led out of Egyptian bondage as well as through the wilderness. This cloud shows up again when Solomon’s temple is constructed and dedicated. It was so thick the priest could no longer minister. On and on, it was in a cloud that Jesus left the earth and went out of their sight. So we clearly can see that this is speaking more than just something hanging in the sky. But it’s speaking of the church itself and we see Jesus sitting on it, to show that the church has finished it’s work as well, just as Jesus finished his on the cross, so the church finishes it’s work as it comes into the full maturity as the bride without spot or wrinkle.

Golden Crown

The golden crown isn’t just referencing a royal diadem either, even though that is one application of it, we have this picture of him sitting with this really ornate crown upon his head. We even have hymns and choruses that speak of a diadem being crowned as Lord of all. But the crown that I see here, remembering that so much of what we’re reading here as well as the rest of Scripture is patterned after the tabernacle of Moses. We’ve seen so much of the tabernacle of Moses to this point already. There is a crown in the tabernacle of Moses and it’s just around the edge of the mercy seat in the holy of holies on the ark of the covenant. Around the edge of the mercy seat there is a crown and I think again, that is what John is seeing.

The Sickle
And he sees a sharp sickle in his hand. There is a harvesting that’s beginning to take place. Everything that God does, he does in the process of seed time and harvest. Genesis 8, as long as the earth remains, there will be seed time and harvest. And that’s not just referring in the natural coming and going of seasons where farmers plant and harvest their crops. But it speaks of other things, first the natural then the spiritual. God always speaks to us in that order. First the natural, then the spiritual. 1 Corinthians 15, that’s the way God teaches us truth. Because everything in the kingdom of God is “like” something.

1 Corinthians 15
42This image of planting a dead seed and raising a live plant is a mere sketch at best, but perhaps it will help in approaching the mystery of the resurrection body--but only if you keep in mind that when we're raised, we're raised for good, alive forever! 43The corpse that's planted is no beauty, but when it's raised, it's glorious. Put in the ground weak, it comes up powerful. 44The seed sown is natural; the seed grown is supernatural--same seed, same body, but what a difference from when it goes down in physical mortality to when it is raised up in spiritual immortality! 45We follow this sequence in Scripture: The First Adam received life, the Last Adam is a life-giving Spirit. 46Physical life comes first, then spiritual-- 47a firm base shaped from the earth, a final completion coming out of heaven. 48The First Man was made out of earth, and people since then are earthy; the Second Man was made out of heaven, and people now can be heavenly. 49In the same way that we've worked from our earthy origins, let's embrace our heavenly ends. (Message Translation)

Physical Things Are Keys to Spiritual Understanding
Everything in the kingdom of God has certain counterparts. Trees speak of certain things, rivers speak of certain things. Seeds speak of certain things. Fish, sea and nets that go into the sea, all of those things in the natural speak of kingdom principles and pictures. So when he sees this sharp sickle that is thrust in.

15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

Defining the Word “Harvest”
We went to great lengths to explain to you that whenever there is harvest, it’s not always implying, or has anything to do with the great ingathering of souls. Many believe and teach, or believe because they’ve been taught, that the principle of harvesting has to do with evangelism. Or that it always has to do with people coming into the kingdom of God. People getting saved from hell; churches filling up with new converts. Neighborhood’s being blanketed by Christians going door to door, warning them about the coming of the Lord. It’s what we’ve been taught it to mean, but the truth is, if you apply that to every application in Scripture, you’re missing the true revelation of it due to your single dimensionalism. In all actuality, when you read what the passage of Scripture says about harvest, you’ll find it has more to do with separation than it does about gathering.

Wheat and Tares “in” You!
Just as truly as there is harvest, seasons of harvest, seed time then harvest, corporately in the church, there are also seasons of seed time and harvest in you. Growing in you right now, just as there is growing around you, there is wheat and tares. The wheat of course represents Jesus in his life, the kernel of life. “If a corn of wheat fall down into the earth and die” he’s speaking of his death, “It abideth not alone but bringeth forth much fruit” (John 12:24) There are certain things growing inside of me that are seed truths that I’ve received from his Word, but there are other things that have been growing in me for a long, long time that are tares.

Things that have been sown there by the religion that has influenced my mind for so many years. When we are born again, Christ does move in and separate all that right away in my life? No, he lets it grow together. I think it’s so important to emphasize this because there’s a tendency among insecure and immature believers to feel like if they can just find a church where there’s no hypocrisy, where there are no tares. “If I can find a church like that then surely I can grow in God. The real detriment and hindrance to my personal growth in the kingdom is because I have to sit with people on Sunday morning that are so filled with hypocrisy. There are so many tares growing around me. I know that what God is doing in me is valid and real. But why do I have to be with all these people that are so filled with all this carnality around me?”

We don’t ever think that way do we. But even if that is true, and the people around you are not hindering your growth, they’re “aiding” your growth. They must grow together. Even if they are tare and you are wheat, you must grow together. In the harvest there is that separation, not just a gathering of souls, but a separation. In fact, if we went through a period of time where we saw lots of people were defecting from our church. It would sound as a misnomer to say we’re having a harvest. If I were to say that to some people, they’d say “What to you mean we’re having a harvest? People are leaving, not coming. I thought harvest meant a gathering, not a dwindling.”

Again, the wheat ends up in the barn, but not until after there is a separation from the chaff first. Harvest, spiritual harvest, is not just bringing the wheat in from the field, but it’s bringing the chaff out of the wheat THEN the wheat enters the barn. But if the wheat is taken from the field and the chaff is still mixed in it, it’ll never make it to the barn. Remember John the Baptist when he spoke of Jesus ministry he said he had a fan in his hand and a winnowing fork

Matthew 3
10And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire

Fire of “Harvest”
What does that mean? It means that God is coming through us and in us and he’s separating all the things that don’t have the real kernel of his life and purpose. And of course in this passage of Scripture it also has to do with historically. Remember I’ve just kind of been bouncing back and forth between the historical application and the prophetic. Historically this has to do with separation of those Jewish people who’d rejected Jesus and the messiah and now he comes on a cloud.

Spiritual Clouds = deceased saints Prophetical Clouds = Judgment on the Rebelious
Remember when the Bible says and Jesus was prophesying to them and he said “you will behold me coming in the clouds. And every eye that has pierced me will see me coming upon the clouds” Remember that? You think it has to do with the second coming but it has to do with the coming of the Lord and his judgment upon Israel in 70 A.D. He came in the clouds of judgment. Remember we’ve already covered this ground earlier in Revelation that often whenever the Bible speaks of clouds, it’s not only speaking of the congregation of the Lord, the accumulation of his people throughout all the ages, but it also is speaking of how he’s coming in judgment. “the clouds are the dust of his feet.”

Nah 1:3
The LORD [is] slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit [the wicked]: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds [are] the dust of his feet.

It all has an Order to it.
Whenever you see clouds gathering, you know it speaks of judgment. He comes sitting on a cloud because he’s judging Israel for rejecting him as Messiah. He’s thrusting in a sharp sickle and is separating the sheep from the goats. Those that received him from those that rejected him. Isn’t that the rapture? No, the rapture has it backwards. The rapture says it’s a “removal” of sheep from goats when in all actuality, it’s a “separation” of the goats from the sheep. The bad is removed from the good, not the good from the bad. When they separate the chaff from the wheat, how do they do it? They throw both in the air, and the wind blows away the chaff so that all that drops to the ground is the wheat. That is not removing the good from the bad, but the bad from the good.

Why is that so important?
Because God placed a specific order in our lives on purpose. Everything he did, he did with pattern and purpose. This is why it’s so important that we recognize the difference between God’s patterns and man’s theories. One “sounds” like it should be godly, but if it doesn’t follow pattern, no matter how sweetly it was proclaimed, it’s still heresy.

16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. 17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe

I mentioned earlier about the need to read Isaiah that explains this remnant that he is going to gather out of the cluster. The vine of the earth, you can go back in the Old Testament and find that Israel was referred to as the vine of the earth. And he goes on to say what to do with the vine of the earth

19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

The Wine Press
I mentioned earlier that the wine press to me speaks of the cross. What is a wine press? It’s where grapes are gathered together and great pressure is exerted on them in order to produce the wine. Right? The blood of the vine. Did you know that’s another name for wine? He’s gathering this great harvesting, this great separation that took place it began at the cross because they rejected him and were cast into a winepress for a generation, in the time from when he was crucified, buried and raised from the dead, the nation of Israel was cast into this winepress where they were crushed and brought to judgment in 70 A.D.

Blood of Grapes
Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. 9Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? 10The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. 11Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: 12His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk Genesis 49

Editor’s Note
I can’t just go on without throwing in a comment on this passage. Judah, this is a prophecy from Jacob as he lay on his death-bed. All of his sons are standing around him and most of them are actually receiving curses because of their rebellious ways, but Judah instead, receives a true blessing. But it’s more than that, it is a prophetic promise of Jesus. He was from the tribe of Judah, which means praise, the first line in this text. Jesus went through the wine press, washed his garments in wine, his eyes red with wine, his teeth white as milk. There’s another passage of Scripture that speaks of our sin being crimson and his redemption being white as snow, this is the same scenario. O.k. I’m done again . . .
End of Edit

When Jesus talks about how, concerning his new Covenant, he made Covenant didn’t he. This new covenant he made where he took not only the bread, but he took the cup and he said “take and drink of this cup for it is blood of my new covenant which was shed for you.” That’s the winepress that he’s talking about there.

20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

The Winepress is Not Armageddon, it’s the Cross
Where was the winepress at? It was outside the city. Hebrews said without the gate. Jesus wasn’t crucified in the city, he was crucified without the gate. The winepress, again from chapter 50 on through chapter 66 you have all these messianic prophecies concerning Jesus we know chapter 53 well that talks about him and his suffering. The suffering servant Jesus, we’re familiar with that. But Isaiah speaks of him treading the winepress alone. (Is. 63:3) He is treading the winepress alone.

When Jesus dies on the cross, read verse 20 again with that. “and blood came out of the winepress.” Most of you traditionally, historically and classically have been taught that this last verse is Armageddon, because we read about how the blood is going to flow to the horse’s bridle. And I hate to keep being so provocative and but you can turn on the TV and hear about men talk about Armageddon and how blood is literally going to flow so much that it will actually reach a horse’s bridle.

Tradition Says . . .
Let us just point out some logical problems with that. First of all, the battle that is described in Ezekiel 38, the battle of Gog and Magog as it’s referred to where Meshack and Tubal, which is believed by most . . .mainline religious men, is to be Moscow and Tuboss which is two great cities in Russia, they will come down against Israel. And in this great holocaust there will be such great bloodshed that it will literally flow to the horse’s bridle and so the beat goes on. But in this verse it says the blood will flow for a space of a thousand six hundred furlongs which is about 200 miles which actually describes the size of Palestine relatively well.

The Argument that it Creates
But let me announce to you that needs to be considered in that theory, whenever Ezekiel talks about a war that’s going to happen there when this nation is going to come down against Israel, he is describing the method of warfare being of shields and spears. Men riding horses and brandishing swords, but yet the kind of war we have been seeing in our life-time is highly technological that is highly pinpointed and involves nuclear warheads and has all kinds of star wars gadgets and means of technology . .how are you going to put all that into your equation.

Truth is in the Established Patterns
First of all, if you take your Strong’s concordance, if you don’t own one, you can buy one for $20 and look up the words of Ezekiel 38 and you’ll find out it doesn’t mean at all, what we’ve been told. If I took every human being on the planet and strung them up and cut their throat and drained all their blood out, I couldn’t get blood to flow to the horses bridle. All I need to do is remember that Revelation is a book of symbols. All I have to do is read Zechariah chapters 12 through 14 and read about the coming of the kingdom in that kingdom, the horses bridles will have inscribed on them “HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD”.

A Horseless Nation?
All I have to understand, all that we’ve covered in Revelation in the early chapters and even going back to Zechariah where we see the mention of horses, it’s not necessarily talking about some animal that is muscular and stands 15 hands high. It is speaking of the strength of men. It’s written in Scripture and we sing it in choruses “Some men trust in horses, some men trust in chariots but I will trust in the name of the Lord our God.” Understand with me the reason why God wouldn’t let Israel have horses . . have you ever thought about that? They fought against nations who had horses. Solomon began to amass horses, but before that he wouldn’t let them have horses.

The reason why he wouldn’t let them have horses is because he wouldn’t let them trust in the strength and swiftness of that animal. Instead he wanted them to trust in his awesome power that he could win any battle even when they were out-matched and out-strengthened by the power of man. Solomon gathered those horses in his stable because of his pride and his ego. The blood that is flowing to the horses bridle, as I mentioned earlier, whenever the readers of this revelation saw that particular portion of this revelation, they immediately knew what it was about. It was referencing something that was old and clearly understood in all of their history.

They remember when Moses and the great patriarchs stood on the banks of the red Sea and watched as the water began to rise to the horse’s bridle. And Pharaoh, who had come running after them to take them back into bondage, the horse and the rider was thrown into the sea! That was and Old Testament picture of it, the New Testament picture was when Jesus died on the cross, that wine press began to cause the blood to flow that was so deep that it soon overcame the strength of any man. It took away all of his strength. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Meggedo & Armageddon
I could say more about Armageddon. Meggedo, I’ve been there. It’s a city that was in the northern plains up around Carmel. It was known in Old Testament times of a place of battle. There are only 2 places in all the Old Testament where it is even referenced. One in Judges and the other is in either Kings or Chronicles. Where there were two kings that were engaged in mortal combat. It’s so easy to go out today and buy a book with the same title which the title itself instills mystery, wonder and fear in the readers. But I want to tell you, that you can go out and experience Armageddon tomorrow and it’s not out of a book. Some are going through their Armageddon right now.

Continuation into the Next Chapter
Where there’s a great warring between two kings, but we thank God that the flow of the blood of the lamb is flowing deep enough to where the horses have been drowned. Is that too far fetched? As we now go into the next chapter, notice it begins with the word “and”. It’s due to the fact that we haven’t changed subjects, we’re still on the same one. We’ve covered 7 seals and 7 trumpets and now were going into 7 vials or bowls that will be introduced to us here in the opening of this chapter. We’ll actually get into them in the 16th chapter, but their introduction is here in the 15th.

REVELATION 15
1And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. 2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Sea of Glass
Look at verse 2, a sea of glass mingled with fire. If you have a good reference bible you’ll find out this is not a new image. Remember something that I pounded on earlier from 1 Corinthians 2 on this principle that we must compare spiritual things with spiritual things. That we must learn to interpret Scripture with the wisdom that the Holy Ghost teaches. We are to let the Bible interpret itself. What is this sea of glass? It’s something that reaches all the way back to the temple of Solomon.

When Solomon built his temple, he built a replica of the brazen laver that was in Moses tabernacle and he filled it with water. Everything Solomon built in his temple, was not a duplicate of the old, but a replica of it. (1 Kings 7:23) Everything that Solomon created was turned up several degrees, it was much larger, much bigger than everything that was in the tabernacle of Moses, but they were still the same pieces of furniture that were there. If you’re read about the construction of the temple, not only the dimensions of the temple, but every article in it as well. The brazen altar, the brazen laver the lamp stand.

In fact the lamp stand was so huge that it was believed when it was lit during honica that it would literally light up one whole side of the city. But what I want you to understand here is when John sees this sea of glass that is mingled with fire, the brazen laver in the temple of Solomon was called the sea of glass. I’m not looking for some kind of bazaar body of water that is made out of glass, I’m understanding that what he’s talking about here has to do with the truth that is contained in the brazen laver that originated in the tabernacle of Moses.

It was here that the priests were cleansed in their ministry service. They were washed from head to toe. The water that was contained in Moses laver came out of the rock that gave the children of Israel water and followed them through the wilderness. Read about it in the construction of the tabernacle of Moses. What are they washing in? These priests are cleansing themselves with the very water that flowed out of the rock which is Christ. It speaks of the unchanging properties of the character of Christ, the water speaks of his spirit

John 7
37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

All Washed Up
They washed themselves in consecration, the bronze laver speaks of water baptism. You’re washed from head to toe. When Jesus approached Peter in the upper room and Jesus intended to wash his feet but he responded by saying “Lord, don’t you wash my feet.” Jesus said “If I don’t wash your feet, you have no part of me.” To which Peter then responded by saying “then wash me all over.” Jesus then said, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all

Wash and “Wash”
Even though we see this simple statement of washing, we miss the true fact that as he uses the word “wash” twice, the word is the same in our translations, but the meaning is different. In the one, it means to clean “a dead body” or to rinse blood from a wound.” That’s the actual definition of it. It means that you have to be washed in regeneration. You have to experience water baptism. And for every person who has not been baptized in water in the past whether it was being sprinkled or christened or you came through some kind of water baptism experience and you don’t understand what it meant and it really didn’t have any meaning to you, I encourage you to be water baptized again.

John 13:10
10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

Washed – louo- loo'-o
-to bathe, wash
-of a dead person
-washing to cleanse blood out of wounds

wash – nipto - nip'-to
to wash
to wash one's self
to cleanse (especially the hands or the feet or the face)

Water Baptism is a Seal of a Covenant
Because it is so important that you understand that it’s a sealing of the covenant. That’s where you will receive your new name just like whenever a child was circumcised. In the Old Testament, the seal of a covenant was circumcision, in the New Testament the seal of a covenant is water baptism. This is why it’s so important to experience. It’s not something that you can take or leave. If you haven’t experienced it, then you have not been buried with him and raised to the newness of life. Some are still walking around like Lazrus still bound head to foot. You’re out of the tomb, but you haven’t experienced the completion of resurrection that comes in water baptism. That’s why we’re baptized in the name of Jesus.

Now, what does that have to do with chapter 14? Because in chapter 14 we see the red sea flowing . .right? A sea that is red, speaking of the blood of Jesus. Remember whenever the children of Israel come out of the wilderness of bondage and they were pursued by Pharaoh as we’ve been talking about and in Exodus 15 it says they stopped and looked behind them, and in 1 Corinthians chapter 10 says they experienced in Exodus that when Pharaoh and his army drowned in that sea, it spoke of their baptism. They were brought out by the blood of the Passover, but they were brought “through” their wilderness by stepping through baptism and the horse and the rider of their past and the things that held them in bondage were drowned behind them and those things couldn’t hold them in bondage any longer.

The reason you need to be baptized in water is because God drowns Pharaoh that has been chasing you all your life trying to take you back to Egypt. Those things that have held you, those task-masters that have held you bound. “Be ye baptized and repent!” The reason why some haven’t been baptized in the Spirit is because you haven’t been baptized in water.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mar 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

A Matter of Choice, Not Force
This isn’t saying that I can’t be saved unless I’m baptized. But if I “believe” then I’m going to want to be baptized. I want to be buried in his likeness and raised in his likeness. When he takes me down, I want to hear the cry of Pharoah and all of those things that have chased me all of my life. The memories and all of those things that have held me in generational bondage and generational curse all my life, and see them float to the top in the Red Sea.

2 Revelation Twenty Two Part Two on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 am

cross-eyed

Sea Mingled with Fire
The sea of glass is the brazen laver. But we see here that it’s mingled with fire. The wonderful thing about it is in the baptism the things the baptism in water doesn’t deal with, the baptism of fire will. You’re looking at the three dimensions of God right here. John was “in the spirit” which is baptism #2, the baptism of the spirit, and he was seeing baptisms #1 and 3 combined; the baptism of water mixed with fire. The reason for this fiery purging if you will, is because even though you’ve been brought out of Egypt through salvation of water, there’s still the process of getting the Egypt out of you. Burn everything, leave nothing behind. Even though you’ve been brought out of the world, not all of the world is yet out of you.

Even though my past may “be” the past. Even though my past may be drowned in the Red Sea, in the waters of baptism, even though water baptism has taken care of all those things in my past that have haunted me and hounded me, and chased me all of my life, there are still some things in my carnal tendencies that need to be taken care of. And the only thing that will remove those things is fire.

Exodus 15
1Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. 3The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. 4Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. 5The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone. 6Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

7And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble. 8And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea. 9The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. 10Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. 11Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? 12Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them.

13Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation. 14The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina. 15Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away. 16Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased. 17Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O LORD, which thy hands have established. 18The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

19For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea. 20And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. 21And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

1 Corinthians 10
1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Message Translation
1Remember our history, friends, and be warned. All our ancestors were led by the providential Cloud and taken miraculously through the Sea. 2They went through the waters, in a baptism like ours, as Moses led them from enslaving death to salvation life. 3They all ate 4and drank identical food and drink, meals provided daily by God. They drank from the Rock, God's fountain for them that stayed with them wherever they were. And the Rock was Christ. 5But just experiencing God's wonder and grace didn't seem to mean much--most of them were defeated by temptation during the hard times in the desert, and God was not pleased 6The same thing could happen to us. We must be on guard so that we never get caught up in wanting our own way as they did.

KJV
11Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it

Message Translation
11These are all warning markers--DANGER!-in our history books, written down so that we don't repeat their mistakes. Our positions in the story are parallel--they at the beginning, we at the end--and we are just as capable of messing it up as they were. 12Don't be so naive and self-confident. You're not exempt. You could fall flat on your face as easily as anyone else. Forget about self-confidence; it's useless. Cultivate God-confidence. 13No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it

KJV
23All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 24Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

23Looking at it one way, you could say, "Anything goes. Because of God's immense generosity and grace, we don't have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster." But the point is not to just get by. 24We want to live well, but our foremost efforts should be to help others live well.

More Than Just a Fuzzy Feeling
You see we have a group of people that have come into the charismatic world and have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and they like the good feeling that comes with speaking with other tongues and experience the gifts of the Holy Spirit. And the gifts of the Holy Spirit are WONDERFUL!! I thank God for them, I embrace them all. But the Holy Ghost doesn’t just give you gifts, He doesn’t just make you feel good and let you let out a yell every once in a while. But there are other times when the Holy Ghost, instead of sending his gifts, he sends FIRE in your life.

Sometimes the Holy Ghost doesn’t come as wind or rain in your life or as a refreshing breeze, all of the things we love to experience and expound on, so much so that we don’t always recognize when he comes as FIRE. God loves the smell of burning flesh!

Mat 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:

Editor’s Note
If you think about this a little more, of all of the outward discomforts our bodies experience, broken bones, cuts, bruises, and scrapes, these all are things we’d rather do without, but we can for the most part, be restored back to our original health without too much discomfort. But when our bodies are burned, it’s a terrible, terrible pain that you can’t escape. The healing process is a much longer and more painful one than any other. A cut, even a severe one, will eventually recover with just a little scarring but the mobility of the body in most cases, returns back to normal after a sufficient amount of time goes by. But that’s not the case with a severe burn. It alone can at worst bring death, at best leave you scarred and deformed for the rest of your life.

The reality of it is, spiritually, we really don’t know what normal is. We’ve grown accustom to living as spiritual hosts to spiritual parasites that have attached them selves in various forms and strongholds. And the only way to be removed of them is through a spiritual outpouring of the fire of the Holy Ghost in our lives not to deform us, but to “reform” us back to the original image of Christ. And often times, spiritual fire is just as uncomfortable to our spiritual walk as physical fire is to the flesh.

Visions of Fires
I just remembered something else. It’s been a couple years now, but I remember the night when we took some issues of our past and wrote them on paper in which we then took them out behind the church and had a bon-fire. In the process, someone received a picture from God and saw us all surrounding a fire that was blazing hot and we were all in worship and praise, but then people began simply walking into the fire, they weren’t just people in general, faces were recognized. Married couples were disappearing into the flames and coming out the other side grinning from ear to ear because the fire they WILLINGLY stepped into, purified and removed all the junk that had been on them. That is what is happening right now, as we willing lay down our own understanding and allow ourselves to be led by the spirit into His fire, we are being stripped of every foreign parasite that has attached itself to our hearts and minds.!!

Hold On If You Can
In the outer court he baptizes you in water. 1st dimension; the laver. In the holy place he baptizes you in the Holy Ghost to give you power to ministry, to “Be His Witnesses” to the world. That was 2nd dimension, where the ministry of the church is at. Beyond the veil, in the Holy of Holies, he baptizes you in fire, 3rd dimension. And that fire is so hot and so intense that when you come through it, there’s nothing left of you. That’s the reason why the three sons went into that furnace in the book of Daniel. That wasn’t Nebucadnezzar’s furnace, isn’t it interesting that before he threw them in it that he called for it to be heated up “7 times” hotter.

Spiritual Furnaces
And they didn’t stagger along the wall looking for a thermostat to adjust the temperature because they were put in there bound by the Babylonian guards and as soon as they went in, their bonds were burned through and yet not a hair on their head was singed, nor was there even an odor of smoke on their bodies. So God puts you in the fire. But the secret here is, the fire liberated them, they were forced to go in it bound, but they were called to come out free. Some of us need to be introduced to the severe mercy of God. You don’t understand that some of the things that are happening around you the devil has nothing to do with it, even though he’s the first one we want to blame.

It’s not the devil it’s God. It’s God sending fire in your life. It’s God who’s messing up your playhouse. It’s God that’s giving you a hard time. It’s God making you miserable and he’s the one burning you up. It’s only in the furnace that you’ll be able to see the 4th man who is like unto the Son of God. Ever think of that? They never would have experienced a supernatural visitation had they not been willing to be thrown into a natural disaster.

Seeing Christ, On My Terms
You want to see Jesus?? We sing about it, we proclaim to others how we desire “to see Jesus”. And then God puts you in a furnace and turns it up 7 times hotter because it’s the only way to get some of the stuff burned off of you that gives you the ability to see the answer to your prayer, it’s through complete purification of fire. You want to see Jesus all right, but the problem is, we want to see him in our own understanding. We want him to reveal himself on our terms, on our own plain, rather than willingly let go of our own logic and step over into HIS realm of truth. What we need to realize is, in the realm of God, he IS the fire. His very presence is what consumes all the filth from our lives. We want to see Jesus, but we don’t want to be changed, we want to keep our own identities, but unless you’re burned by his fire beyond recognition of who you are as a person, you’ll never become his perfect image! So, it’s a sea of glass mingled with fire.

End of Edit

2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Standing on the Fire!
They have to be baptized in it before they can emerge out of it and stand upon it. Having the harps of God, rejoicing in the Lord. This beast that we’ve been talking about these past few weeks, what is it? It’s the carnal mind. It isn’t what we’ve been told all of our lives, but we learn early on about a serpent that is more subtle than all the . . . “beasts” of the field. That would include man, otherwise, there wouldn’t have been a beguilement at all. The word “beast” there in Genesis actually means any living thing, including plants. It wasn’t just confined to be understood as animals in the wild.

All through the Old Testament we tracked this theme of the beast and who he is. He manifests over and over doesn’t he. He manifest in this man called Goliath who has the number 666 all over him. He manifest with Daniel in his prophecy with Nebuchadnezzar who builds an “image” and we’re reading about that image again here in chapter 15 verse two. And the decree was for all people to fall down and worship it. And this image was 60 cubics high, 120 feet high. He requires that they would fall down and worship it but they wouldn’t do it. As a result of that, they were put into the fire.

2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

The Song of Moses
Of all the passages in Scripture dealing with songs and hymns, the song of Moses is specifically singled out here. They sing the song of Moses, see how that ties into what we were saying with the children of Israel being baptized by the Red Sea? And as they came out on the other side, Miriam, Moses sister, a prophetess, began to sing the first charismatic song! Here we see them singing the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb. It’s the song of the Old Testament saints with the New Testament saints. Two witnesses right? The old and the new.

4Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest

This again, is not something that’s going to happen in the future, but it’s something that has already happened. I’ve already pointed out to you that the destruction of A.D. 70, by that time the everlasting gospel that we read about in chapter 14 verse 6 had been preached to all the world. In fact in just over 200, almost 300 years, Christianity became the religion of the entire Roman empire, embraced the world, as the Bible says in the book of Acts. Luke, it’s author wrote that the world was turned upside down.

Acts 17
6And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

You’ve been waiting on the fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matthew 13 and 24 concerning the kingdom of God being preached to the ends of the earth. It has already happened. I don’t have to wait for it to happen, it has already happen and it’ll happen again. The earth works in a cycle, much like life in general. A lot of people think that that’s the key for the returning of the Lord. The problem with that is, they miss all the comings of the Lord in between then and now.

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened

Opening Entrance of the Temple
Now what kind of picture does this present to you? The temple of the tabernacle in heaven is open, you get some kind of picture of some kind of columned building with big huge doors that are made of gold leaves .. .no, look at the word “temple” in verse 5 there and remember I spoke earlier when we were in the 13 chapter about the fact that there are two words used in the New Testament for the word temple. One has to do with a literal physical temple, the other has to do with a spiritual temple that Paul asks us “Know ye not that “you” are the temple of the Holy Ghost.”

The temple that he speaks of in Thessalonians is not the natural temple that stood over there in Jerusalem, but the temple he’s speaking of there where the antichrist tries to ascend and be like God and above God, right? The temple of God is you. We’re not looking for someone to come and rebuild a physical temple, you are the temple. In fact, it would be virtually impossible for them to rebuild it anyway because of the ground that it’s to be on in order to be in keeping with the Old Testament pattern for it is being held by the Muslims and has been for thousands of years.

You talk about a war, you’ve never seen a war like one that would be caused if they went in there by force, religious people going in there by force, not an armed guard, all though once the religious people were slaughtered, then the armed guard would step in, but no, it’s not about a physical temple to begin with. That’s the reason why the Jews go and stand at the wailing wall, that’s as far as they can go. They come and stand at the western wall, they can’t go beyond it. There afraid if they do go over where the temple used to be, which is where the mosk of Omar is now, which is one of the most holy sites in all of Islam, if they walk over there, they’re afraid that they may walk on some portion of the ground where the ark of the covenant is. And that, to them, would mean a sure death.

Editor’s Note
Another interesting thing about this rebuilding of the temple that the entire Bible belt is watching to take place is the very idea that since the conception of Salvation to man, God has never EVER forced himself in anyone’s heart. You can only come to Christ by his spirit drawing you, and your spirit inviting him in. If you reject him, all hell may come down on you released by him to get your attention or cause you to call on his, but he still doesn’t come in without an invitation.

But yet, people are still hanging on to their bent theories which in essence is saying, after the rapture of the church, God is basically going to say, what the heck, I’ve already broken my established pattern with a rapture of the church, I may as well go all the way and FORCE my way into enemy territory and re-establish my temple the way “I” want it to be. Invitation or not, I’m going to remove this sacreligious dome that’s been a pinnacle of another religion, and even though I wouldn’t let David build a temple because of all the blood he spilled, I’m going to throw all that away and have a war with this other religion just so I can have my temple built so animal sacrifices can resume because, obviously, Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice was just a misunderstanding in the first place. My ultimate goal has always been to reestablish that which I sent my son to tear down. Make sense? Of course not, so why do so many buy into it?.

End Note.

Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord . . . Open the Eyes of My Heart
But they don’t understand that God is not living anymore in a temple made by human hands, Scripture says so! The temple that he sees open in heaven is you, us, this church. We the bride are being opened up, to receive anything from anybody, you have to open up! You can’t get anything out of anything or anybody with a closed heart and mind.

Editor’s Note
I believe this is also why we are seeing many churches beginning to change their tune about how they run their programs and services. The emphasis is changing from a church conforming people to it’s ideologies, to a church reforming people to the freedom in Christ. We are opening up areas in our belief systems that never would have been opened before simply because God’s time-table had not yet come into it’s completion as it is today. So, now that we as temples are being opened . . .what’s coming out?

End of Edit

6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles

What’s Behind a Plague?
God is bringing holiness and when we read about plagues, what’s the first thing we think of? We immediately start thinking about diseases, sicknesses, bondages, destruction, all of those things right? When you go back in the book of Exodus and read about the 10 plagues that came against Egypt, we tend to look at things too much in natural terms and we see the lice, the flies, the frogs, the hail and the Nile turning to blood. And we try to associate these plagues with things of natural diseases such as aids for example, that are wiping out communities and threatening whole population of countries that’s what we tend to think.

But I want you to understand something here concerning plagues. If we’re going to understand the real issue concerning plagues, those plagues that hit Egypt are a type and a pattern for all plagues that would come as a source of judgment against those that rejected God. We must understand that those plagues were not just indiscriminant, they were not without meaning. Every one of those plagues came against something that Egypt worshiped. They worshiped flies, so God said, ‘You worship flies? I’ll give you flies.” Weird but true. “Frogs?” They worship frogs, they won’t kill frogs.

You can go to many countries today that are losing entire communities due to starvation, yet they have porter houses and t-bones walking through the streets. Really! Because they’re afraid if they kill it, they might be killing a relative. So you want frogs? They had frogs in their bed, in their dishes, they couldn’t get away from them, everywhere they looked, there were frogs. There’s something to be said about that as well. Frogs, represent unclean spirits, they come out at night, so on and so forth. Every one of these plagues that came against Egypt were direct attacks against something they worshiped.

Getting’ Froggy
Do you hear what I’m saying in the contemporary sense? Do you understand then why I say that God is judging America right now with prosparity? Because the thing that we worship is the all mighty dollar. Everything in our lives, our homes, our ministries, our churches, it all evolves around the finances that sustain us. You can’t worship God and mammon. (Greek for money). God is sending plagues, you better believe he sent plagues and we’re in the midst of plagues right now and it doesn’t just have to manifest in some disease. Some of us right now, it’s all we can think about is money.

Some of us are plagued with frogs. What’s that mean? You’re plagued with unclean spirits. There were three spirits that came out of the mouth of the dragon “like” frogs. It doesn’t say they “were” frogs, but that their appearance was “like” frogs. (this is coming up later in the book) Some are plagued with flies, we’re all plagued from time to time about something. God just lets those things that you don’t realize, or you’re unwilling to admit that you worship. But he’ll just let those things multiply. They grow and grow and everything you look at or try to consider is unclean. Everything you look at and when you go to sleep and when you wake up, your mind is “plagued” with “things” that are not of God.

Your mind becomes like a stagnant pond and these frogs lay just under the surface of your stagnant watery mind and they croak and call to your carnal nature and constantly call and beckon you as they feast on the crawly things of your heart and soul. Frogs in a pond, a dead-end, stagnant pond that is supposed to be a flowing river of life. But because we create things in our lives and put them on our altars where God is supposed to smell the aroma of our burning flesh, we replace that sacrifice with earth.

Editor’s Note
It wasn’t just Egypt that was plagued, Israel went through the same thing in the wilderness, but with them, it was quail, or the original translation actually wasn’t a specific type of bird, but it actually meant earthly desire,

Numbers 11
16 The LORD said to Moses: "Bring me seventy of Israel's elders who are known to you as leaders and officials among the people. Have them come to the Tent of Meeting, that they may stand there with you. 17 I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take of the Spirit that is on you and put the Spirit on them. They will help you carry the burden of the people so that you will not have to carry it alone. 18 "Tell the people: 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow, when you will eat meat. The LORD heard you when you wailed, "If only we had meat to eat! We were better off in Egypt!" Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will eat it. 19 You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days, 20 but for a whole month—until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it—because you have rejected the LORD, who is among you, and have wailed before him, saying, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?" ' " 21 But Moses said, "Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, 'I will give them meat to eat for a whole month

This is a lot to chew on in one setting, but let me take this even further and point out some spiritual patterns that God has laid out for us to partake from. First notice the number of elder’s God appointed Moses to select. The pattern there is, divine maturity (elders) in it’s complete form (number 7) is equipped to assist the shepherd (Moses- a pastor) in carrying the burden of the saints. When the quail come out of their nostrils, if you did a word search on nostril, you’ll find that every time it is used in the same sentence with God, it’s a form of judgment. This plague of flesh that’s coming, is God’s judgment on Israel for wishing they were still in Egypt (carnal worldly life). A plague of flesh to those rejecting the Spirit. And Moses, makes a profound statement, “Here ‘I’ am, ‘six hundred thousand men’. Moses, a corporate man, but even so, still a man (six).

Judgment Rooted in Love
To save time, the story goes even further and becomes more profound when these seventy are chosen and the spirit that God put into Moses, he broke it, blessed it, and it multiplied upon the seventy and as a result, they “prophesied” but only that one time. But here were two men, of the seventy, but were not with them at the tabernacle, but remained in the camp, they prophesied “in the camp”. And here’s the profound part, it’s in their names.

26 However, two men, whose names were Eldad and Medad, had remained in the camp. They were listed among the elders, but did not go out to the Tent. Yet the Spirit also rested on them, and they prophesied in the camp.

Eldad = God loved. Medad = love

Before God lifted his hand and released his judgment, he first released his prophetic word that as a Father, what he was about to do, was an act of love on those that love him, as well as those that reject him. Those that love him, lived to see another day, those that rejected him, found that lust of the flesh is the end of life. As a reminder, they named that place where 30,000 died from gorging on the quail

33 But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the LORD burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague. 34 Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah, [f] because there they buried the people who had craved other food.

Kibroth-hattaavah = "graves of lust"
End of Note

Going From a Stagnant Pond, to Digging a Well
That was one of the significant things in the Old Testament with the patriarchs in the digging of a well. It was not just a hole in the ground with water at the bottom. It was also a testament and a land marker showing ownership of land that God provided to the one who dug it. But then the enemy would come in and fill the wells up with earth, so they would be worthless and no longer usable by passers by. It was the enemy’s way of destroying, or attempting to destroy a man of God’s identity.

Remember Jesus setting at the well and was approached by a Samaritan woman? What was the name of the well? It wasn’t just any well, it was “Jacob’s” well. It was a well that was actually thousands of years old and carried an identity with it as the Patriarch of Israel. A well that never ran dry, was never filled in with earthy things, but always gave water to those that were thirsty. Even though it’s water, as fresh as it was, couldn’t quench your thirst forever, but only temporarily. Same with tradition, Jacob’s well is a symbol of the tradition’s of men, it’s only a temporary fix.

But back to our own stagnant ponds, not all of us all the time, but often enough that it’s a problem that God is addressing here in this chapter. Plagues are areas in our lives that are infectious and destructive to our spiritual growth. There’s such and infestation and infection until there’s nothing you can do to escape or get away from it. Thos are the kinds of plagues that he’s talking about. Those are the kinds of things God is letting manifest and multiply and the reason why is because he wants you to get so sick of it that you’ll get to the point to cry out “God no matter what it takes, get me out of the land of plagues.” Whatever it takes.

Unusual Response by Pharaoh
When Pharaoh saw the land covered with frogs, he immediately called for Aaron and Moses and when they arrived, Pharaoh promised he would let the people go if Moses would remove the frogs, and then Moses did a strange thing, he asked Pharaoh “when” would he want them removed, oddly enough, Pharaoh didn’t say immediately, or ASAP, instead, he said “tomorrow.” Now, this is really a very telling sign of the fact that even though they were overwhelmed with them, they still worshiped them.

Genesis 8
8 Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, "Pray to the LORD to take the frogs away from me and my people, and I will let your people go to offer sacrifices to the LORD."9 Moses said to Pharaoh, "I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile."10 "Tomorrow," Pharaoh said. Moses replied, "It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God.

How Bad Do You Want It?
How many times have I come to God and prayed against a situation in my life that I knew was not a godly situation and yet there was a part of me that didn’t really want to see it go? We play games when we go down that road with God and he knows that we want to let go and hang on at the same time so he simply lets us do what our carnal flesh craves to do until we get to the point to where we don’t care anymore HOW he does it, we just want HIM and his FREEDOM regardless of the price. And it’s at THAT point that God turns and says . . .”Now, THAT is the kind of attitude I can work with.” A desire above and beyond personal agendas.

6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles

Why does it speak of white linen and why are they dressed in golden girdles? They’re coming out of the most holy place. Gold and white linen represent purity and they are dressed as priests coming out of the temple. They’re coming out, they are voices, (angels = messengers) coming out. This is why sometimes “I” become your plague. You come to church and set there twisting and squirming and you wonder if your spouse didn’t call me during the week and tattle on you and your behavior and now my sermon is directly pointing at you

7And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever

Bowls Not of Destruction, But Of Ministry
The vials of God’s wrath, actually, this is the introduction to the next chapter to where we’re going to go in and find out what’s in those vials. Most other translations calls it bowls, another calls it a chalice because it’s used in the negative sense. It’s more appropriately a bowl, reason why is because it corresponds to the bowls that were used in the drink offerings of the tabernacle ministry. We’ve been in the feast of trumpets here, accompanying the feast of trumpets, there was a libation offering. A libation offering means they took a cup or bowl that was there at the table of shew-bread in the tabernacle of Moses and they poured out, like a drink offering unto the Lord.

Whenever there’s a pouring out of God’s judgment, not only is there redemptive and restoration properties to it, but there is also comes ruin because God destroys that part of you. So many people say they’re afraid of the judgment of God but just the opposite, I “want” the God’s judgment, I don’t want the judgment of men. I understand that when he pours his blood out on my life, when he pours out his blood upon me it not only brings mercy, but it also brings judgment. Not only cleansing, but conviction, it not only brings a feeling of refreshing, but it also points out the areas where I’ve been in error.

8And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

The temple filling with smoke from God’s glory, that’s the same picture we saw when Solomon’s temple was first being dedicated for ministry. Then we see the seven plagues of the seven angels being fulfilled. What does that have to do with us? God is going to have a church, he had a church in the first century, he’s going to have one in this century that is going to be so filled with his glory. And the reason why is because judgment starts at the house of the Lord. God is going to bring such judgment on his church and people, which is not a bad thing, but a good thing, he’s going to bring such judgment upon us and we needn’t run from it or try to escape it or curse the plagues that he has permitted to come against us. We are his temple, we are filled with his glory and no carnality can enter into this temple.

We might as well go ahead and kiss the Sun lest he be angry. (Psalm 2:12) We might as well open our arms and say “God judge us, cleanse us, correct us, please don’t leave me the way I am. You love me too much to leave me the way I am.” And he’s going to pour out his bowls of wrath into my life and your life, just as he did to those first century believers, so much so until that judgment calls for there to be a consuming for everything that is unlike him, that is unworthy to be removed. And when that happens, then the temple, “this” temple is going to be filled with the smoke from the glory of God and his power and no man, no flesh is going to be able to enter into this temple.

You see that? No longer will there be any of “this” man, this nature, it’ll be all the glory of God “and the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum